PDA

View Full Version : Should Denver pick Tannehill over Tebow? -Bill Williamson

Magnificent Seven
02-03-2012, 05:32 PM
That’s why whom he sees the Denver Broncos selecting at No. 25 in his most recent mock draft was so fascinating. He has Denver taking quarterback Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill. It would be one of the stories of the draft. Denver has said Tim Tebow will go to camp as the starter. Taking Tannehill would mean the Broncos have other designs.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/39525/should-broncos-replace-tebow-with-tannehill

NightTerror218
02-03-2012, 05:47 PM
yay all we need is more controversy good job dipshits

turftoad
02-03-2012, 06:13 PM

Um, I think they know just a little more about it than you do. Just sayin.

Besides, they havent done anything yet and you're already calling them names. :tsk:

SmilinAssasSin27
02-03-2012, 06:18 PM
I can't express enough how much vulgarity would come out of my piehole if we even sniff that douche.

BroncoWave
02-03-2012, 06:26 PM
That would be one of the dumbest picks we could possibly make. I'd like to give EFX credit for a little more intelligence than that.

nevcraw
02-03-2012, 06:36 PM
if it's not a defensive monster or 2nd best RB I will punch some old lady..

NightTerror218
02-03-2012, 07:35 PM
Um, I think they know just a little more about it than you do. Just sayin.

Besides, they havent done anything yet and you're already calling them names. :tsk:

It was a mock draft and now people are writing articles and blogging about it. All it takes is 1 person looking too much into and that is the only seed that needs to be planted for people to take it and run.

its BW anyways. Rather then writing his normal take on a mock draft he singles out the QB drafted and writes about it because of Tebow.

MOtorboat
02-03-2012, 07:39 PM
It was a mock draft and now people are writing articles and blogging about it. All it takes is 1 person looking too much into and that is the only seed that needs to be planted for people to take it and run.

its BW anyways. Rather then writing his normal take on a mock draft he singles out the QB drafted and writes about it because of Tebow.

I'm sure the damage is already done. EFX surely will draft Tannehill because of this mock draft and subsequent blog.

NightTerror218
02-03-2012, 08:03 PM
I'm sure the damage is already done. EFX surely will draft Tannehill because of this mock draft and subsequent blog.

That is not what I am saying and you know it. It has noting to do with EFX at all. Did I mention elway, or denver organization at all? :confused::rolleyes:

Its the whole..."OMG someone said something about Tebow let me blog about this and post it" BW changed his normal routine just to write about all the draft picks to focus on the Tannehille one because it could unseat Tebow.

MOtorboat
02-03-2012, 08:09 PM
That is not what I am saying and you know it. It has noting to do with EFX at all. Did I mention elway, or denver organization at all? :confused::rolleyes:

Its the whole..."OMG someone said something about Tebow let me blog about this and post it" BW changed his normal routine just to write about all the draft picks to focus on the Tannehille one because it could unseat Tebow.

Because it might possibly be negative. That's your only real problem with it, right?

Dude blogs about 4 teams and posts five or six times a day during the season. Tebow is going to come up, positive or negative, or in this case, an interesting thought by his company's draft guru.

ZOMG!

MOtorboat
02-03-2012, 08:10 PM
I don't like the idea of Tannehill, but I'd like to hear Coach's thoughts if he's anywhere around...

NightTerror218
02-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Because it might possibly be negative. That's your only real problem with it, right?

Dude blogs about 4 teams and posts five or six times a day during the season. Tebow is going to come up, positive or negative, or in this case, an interesting thought by his company's draft guru.

ZOMG!

No I am tried of hearing about Tebow, because anything that has him involved will get blown out or proportion. I look at all his blogs every day. He has been all over Tebows nuts all year. His normal reponse to a mock is the post the AFC West choices and what he thinks about each. Rather then going EFX prob dont like Tebow, look the mock has Tannehille picked.

MOtorboat
02-03-2012, 08:26 PM
No I am tried of hearing about Tebow, because anything that has him involved will get blown out or proportion. I look at all his blogs every day. He has been all over Tebows nuts all year. His normal reponse to a mock is the post the AFC West choices and what he thinks about each. Rather then going EFX prob dont like Tebow, look the mock has Tannehille picked.

Tebow is the biggest draw in the sport right now, so when a mock draft analyst says the team that he plays for is going to draft a quarterback in the first round of the draft, wouldn't you expect the blogger for the AFC West for said draft analysts' company to probably talk about it?

And, in theory, you would disagree with a journalist seeking out the opinion of someone as irrelevant to the sports world as, say, Sean Salisbury, correct?

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348242

OrangeHoof
02-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Very bad idea because I don't want a QB controversy this year (In 2013, yes, if Tebow doesn't improve) and because I don't think Tannehill is first-round material.

Besides, if Tebow is so bad that he needs to be replaced, why not wait until next year when the Broncos will be in a higher draft position and select a better quarterback?

SM19
02-03-2012, 09:01 PM
While I'm still not really buying Tebow, Tannehill makes me nervous. Even if Tebow isn't the solution, I don't really believe we'll find a long-term replacement for him this year.

silkamilkamonico
02-03-2012, 09:25 PM
really really dont understand the hype with his guy at all. if denver is thinking of this guy over tebow were alot worse off at the qb position than i originally thought.

tomjonesrocks
02-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Sometimes I read stuff like this and remember this team had a young QB on the verge of being elite in Cutler and traded him for nothing. And get depressed.

Still, I do NOT want a QB early in this draft. Fill other holes on this team, please...

Ravage!!!
02-03-2012, 11:22 PM
For one, we don't know if ANYONE is interested in this guy. Its nothing more than pure speculation by someone that doesn't have anything to do with the draft.

However, I th ink the idea of NOT taking the bpa purely based on the silliness of a possible "QB controversy" is silly. The QB is the most important position in ALL of sports. To think that a "controversy" is the worst to happen, isn't. NOT having a good QB is the worst thing to happen to a team.

I don't think for a moment that we take this kid in the draft, but at the same time if we DID, I would be VERY interested to see what the coaches saw in him. This team is in drastic needs. Waiting around with the philosophy of "build everything else and THEN get the most important player on the field"... is backwards.

This suggestion by the blogger is nothing to fret. I do know that we won't spend a 1st round pick on a RB though. That would be the biggest waste of pick of any position.

Dzone
02-04-2012, 01:43 AM
LMAO! :pound: :pound:

RebelRocker
02-04-2012, 01:49 AM
Very bad idea because I don't want a QB controversy this year (In 2013, yes, if Tebow doesn't improve) and because I don't think Tannehill is first-round material.

Besides, if Tebow is so bad that he needs to be replaced, why not wait until next year when the Broncos will be in a higher draft position and select a better quarterback?

So you're saying that you're giving up on next season and banking on the fact that a few "good" prospects come out next year?

At this time last year, a lot of people were talking about how great this year's draft was going to be and look at what happened.

Two of the top 3 prospects didn't declare.

Teams that "wait" for prospects are teams that are usually with a new regime by the time they make that next pick.

OrangeHoof
02-04-2012, 02:08 AM
You're missing the logic. We're drafting #26 this year because we won eight games and made the playoffs. If Tebow is bad enough to need replacing next year, then it stands to reason that our record will be worse and our draft position will be higher so there is the probability that if we want to draft a QB in the first round, there will be a better one at our choice next year than this year.

Everyone agrees Tebow is still a work in progress. If you bring in a QB from the first round, the pressure will be to play that QB so as not to waste the pick.

Let's give Tebow a full season with a full off-season to see if he's the future at QB or not. If he is, then you haven't wasted a first-round pick on a back-up. If he's not, then you'll be in a better drafting position to take one.

TXBRONC
02-04-2012, 07:56 AM
I've watch Tannehill a few times but I wasn't all that impressed.

Besides it's Todd McShay who is predicting that Denver will take Tannehill with 25th overall pick in the draft.

I wouldn't get to worked up by this because it's so early. Who the talking heads think we're going to take is going to change 100 times before the draft.

TXBRONC
02-04-2012, 08:43 AM
You're missing the logic. We're drafting #26 this year because we won eight games and made the playoffs. If Tebow is bad enough to need replacing next year, then it stands to reason that our record will be worse and our draft position will be higher so there is the probability that if we want to draft a QB in the first round, there will be a better one at our choice next year than this year.

Everyone agrees Tebow is still a work in progress. If you bring in a QB from the first round, the pressure will be to play that QB so as not to waste the pick.

Let's give Tebow a full season with a full off-season to see if he's the future at QB or not. If he is, then you haven't wasted a first-round pick on a back-up. If he's not, then you'll be in a better drafting position to take one.

As it's been mentioned before EFX has maintained that they will approach the draft best player available philosophy. So if it's quarterback I can live with it but I don't think at this point it will be Tannehill.

Chef Zambini
02-04-2012, 10:14 AM

Let's give Tebow a full season with a full off-season to see if he's the future at QB or not. If he is, then you haven't wasted a first-round pick on a back-up. If he's not, then you'll be in a better drafting position to take one.tebow has had 2 full seasons and tewo off seasons, one that HE squandered by NOT taking on the responsability of improving himself as a QB ! and this off season he appears to be doing even MORE of the none football stuff !kellen moore will be available in the 4th round and his talent and football mensa will push tebow to the pine !

CoachChaz
02-04-2012, 10:16 AM
I don't like the idea of Tannehill, but I'd like to hear Coach's thoughts if he's anywhere around...

I posted them somewhere else. No one seems to like him and thats fine...but the reasons are ridiculous.

At the end of the day, he'll be a good QB for some team. He just needs time.

That being said...we have bigger holes to fill while we wait on Tebow to choke next year and delivering us a higher pick in the QB rich 2013 draft