PDA

View Full Version : Could Dawkins retire as an Eagle?

MOtorboat
02-03-2012, 08:34 AM
Could Dawkins retire as an Eagle?

INDIANAPOLIS - Former Eagles safety Brian Dawkins said Thursday that he hasn't yet made a decision on whether he wants to play a 14th NFL season.

The 38-year-old eight-time Pro Bowler, who has played the last three seasons in Denver after leaving the Eagles as a free agent in 2009, missed four of the Broncos' last five games, including both of their playoff games, with a neck injury. He will be a free agent in March.

"The season's not even over yet; The Super Bowl hasn't been played,'' said Dawkins. ``I'll give it some prayer and we'll take it from there."

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dneagles/Could-Dawkins-retire-as-an-Eagle.html

TXBRONC
02-03-2012, 09:13 AM
He's always going to be remembered as an Eagle first because the vast majority of his career was spent as Eagle.

Jsteve01
02-03-2012, 09:31 AM
He will retire as an Eagle. I don't know if it will be a one day signing but that guy was the heart and soul of the philly defense for almost 15 years. He's also a local icon.

Northman
02-03-2012, 09:40 AM
No doubt in my mind.

Chef Zambini
02-03-2012, 10:05 AM
I dont think players declare TEAMS when they enter the HOF.
its not like cooperstown.
they have busts, not helmets, you join a 'new team" when elected.

BORDERLINE
02-03-2012, 10:54 AM
He probably will retire an Eagle. The question is does he go back to philly to play one more year?? Remember Sharp guys, took off to BMore and then returned to play a couple more in Denver and then called it quits

Ravage!!!
02-03-2012, 10:57 AM
I think its an absolute must. You didn't think of the Philly defense without thinking of Dawkins and that tinted shield for over a decade.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-03-2012, 11:15 AM
INDIANAPOLIS — Brian Dawkins said Thursday the only way he would play one more NFL season is if he returns to the Broncos.

Winding up in free agency and playing one more season for another team is not a likely option, the Broncos' veteran safety said following an NFL Players Association news conference.

Not that Dawkins, 38, is ready to commit to playing one more year or retirement after the safety finished his 16th NFL season with a ninth Pro Bowl nod.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19882691

Ravage!!!
02-03-2012, 11:17 AM
yeah.. I dont' think he PLAYS for the Eagles again...but will retire an Eagle.

Chef Zambini
02-03-2012, 12:41 PM
of course he will retire as an eagle, duh.

rjent
02-03-2012, 12:54 PM
Well hell, I would rather him retire as a Bronco after a SB win next year .... :coffee:

DenBronx
02-03-2012, 02:53 PM
I honestly don't think he will ever play again. Hopefully Brian and the Broncos make the choice thats best for both of them.

But if he does come back I hope we go to the SuperBowl for him and Champ. Not even for my own selfish reasons but just because they are the two Broncos that I most want to see get a ring.

nevcraw
02-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Him retiring an eagle is would be just as bad as when he took the playoffs off so he could play in the pro bowl. I will be pissed!

Ravage!!!
02-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Him retiring an eagle is would be just as bad as when he took the playoffs off so he could play in the pro bowl. I will be pissed!

I think this is a pretty outlandish accusation. But why would you be pissed about him retiring an eagle?

DenBronx
02-03-2012, 11:40 PM
I think this is a pretty outlandish accusation. But why would you be pissed about him retiring an eagle?

lol.

I think he was being sarcastic.

Ravage!!!
02-03-2012, 11:43 PM
lol.

I think he was being sarcastic.

ahh.... I miss that sometimes through postings when I haven't read much through the thread :beer:

MOtorboat
02-03-2012, 11:43 PM

He's trying to take a shot at me, because he thinks because I posted the Dawkins Pro Bowl thread and this thread that I don't like Dawkins.

He's wrong. As usual.

nevcraw
02-04-2012, 12:47 AM
He's trying to take a shot at me, because he thinks because I posted the Dawkins Pro Bowl thread and this thread that I don't like Dawkins.

He's wrong. As usual.

it's not all about u moto.. it was a joke/sarcasm towards whomever was wondering out loud about Dawkins playing in the pro bowl after missing the playoffs.. that wasn't u.. but all of my JDR riffs were towards u.. cool?

funny just like you i post my opinion here.. if you are not wrong for doing so then i guess I am not either...

Denver Native (Carol)
02-11-2012, 05:56 PM
VicLombardi Vic Lombardi
Brian Dawkins still hasn't decided whether he'll return for another season. But I'm told he's leaning toward playing.
8 hours ago

http://twitter.com/viclombardi