PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Talk with Cutler Sour.........

Pages : [1] 2 3

silkamilkamonico
03-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Anybody here listening to KOA? If so can anyone legitimize the rumor that Cutler canceled the meeting with the Denver front office today? The other site's being ridiculous about it and I view this site as a more credible source.

getlynched47
03-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Oh shit.....here we go again with Cutler's crap :rolleyes:

underrated29
I saw that too silk....I dont think there is anything to this rumor at all. If it is even a rumor... But you are right, some people over there are crazy when it comes to starting this stuff...

I tried to listen at lunch today, didnt hear anything. I would be willing to say that he is full of crap. We would have heard something like this all over the place by now if it were true.

But i would be relieved to have someone squash this rumor with fact.

silkamilkamonico
Oh shit.....here we go again :rolleyes:

Just point me to the other thread....

getlynched47
03-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Just point me to the other thread....

:lol: not you....I mean with Cutler :salute:

silkamilkamonico
03-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Yea I don't know what the deal is.

It could even be something where he had to deal with something personal (either side) and this will get taken care of later.

I just think it's getting to a point where the organization needs to do a better job of informing the Denver area the situation only because it's gotten so out of hand.

There are a lot of people uneasy about the state of the organization right now, and if these issues don't get dealt with the organization's "it will work itself out" approach isn't going to fly anymore to the public.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-09-2009, 02:21 PM
http://cbs4denver.com/sports/nfl.broncos.cutler.2.953926.html

The face-to-face meeting between Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler and new head coach Josh McDaniels is still scheduled for this week. Just not Monday.

Cutler is still planning to sit down with McDaniels sometime in the next few days, but sources told CBS4 Sports they couldn't say when that would happen, other than it was not on the agenda Monday.

The meeting became necessary after the Broncos explored trading Cutler in exchange for Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel. A three-team trade that was discussed would have sent Cutler to Tampa Bay and Cassel to Denver. That deal fell through and Cassel was eventually traded to Kansas City.

When news of the trade talks leaked, Culter expressed shock and anger. The Broncos denied they attempted to trade Cutler, but the quarterback said he was positive that the team dangled his name to other teams.

Ultimately, the Broncos released a statement saying they were not trading Cutler, and that a meeting between the quarterback and coach was scheduled for this week.

silkamilkamonico
03-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Cool. Thanks DN.

Zweems56
03-09-2009, 02:23 PM

GEM
03-09-2009, 02:26 PM
I have had 950TheFan on all morning and haven't heard anything like that.

GEM
03-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Does the person who started that rumor thread even live in Denver? :lol: I'm betting probably not.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Does the person who started that rumor thread even live in Denver? :lol: I'm betting probably not.

Also, I am not sure if it was ever confirmed that Monday would be the day?????

TXBRONC
03-09-2009, 02:33 PM
If this was big deal NFL.com, the D.P. and just about everybody else and their mother would be all over this. What I'm gathering from CBS7 reporting leaves room for the interpretation that maybe the meeting wasn't scheduled for today. Maybe someone screwed the pooch and either got the wrong day or jumped to a conclusion that it would be today.

dogfish
03-09-2009, 02:35 PM
crybaby! we should just cut him. . . .

:coffee:

TXBRONC
03-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Also, I am not sure if it was ever confirmed that Monday would be the day?????

Just by the report from CBS7 its not unreasonable to think someone jumped to that conclusion without confirming it.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-09-2009, 02:36 PM
If this was big deal NFL.com, the D.P. and just about everybody else and their mother would be all over this. What I'm gathering from CBS7 reporting leaves room for the interpretation that maybe the meeting wasn't scheduled for today. Maybe someone screwed the pooch and either got the wrong day or jumped to a conclusion that it would be today.

Exactly - as I stated, I am not sure that Monday was even suppose to be the day????????

tomjonesrocks
03-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Oh shit.....here we go again with Cutler's crap :rolleyes:

Oh shit.....here we go again with Cutler bashing crap again :rolleyes:

LRtagger
03-09-2009, 03:06 PM
omg nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

TXBRONC
03-09-2009, 03:16 PM
omg nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It looks to me that at worst the meeting has been rescheduled.

Magnificent Seven
03-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Cutler is very loyal to Denver and he didn't want to leave Denver. I guess Cutler decided to cancel his meeting with McDaniels to get even with him.

topscribe
03-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Cutler is very loyal to Denver and he didn't want to leave Denver. I guess Cutler decided to cancel his meeting with McDaniels to get even with him.

Of course, that is strictly a guess and maybe not a very good one . . .

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
03-09-2009, 03:36 PM
I read many of the Cutler/McDaniels meeting articles on Google on different sites, and no where did I see that it was scheduled for today - but rather it was scheduled for some time this week.

Magnificent Seven
03-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Of course, that is strictly a guess and maybe not a very good one . . .

-----

I hope that they will not go deep and deeper. It is an understandable that Cuter got his feeling hurt so badly...however, he needs to keep his head up and move on. Start to develop a new friendly relationship with McDaniels. Then, everything will be fine.

rcsodak
03-09-2009, 05:08 PM
I hope that they will not go deep and deeper. It is an understandable that Cuter got his feeling hurt so badly...however, he needs to keep his head up and move on. Start to develop a new friendly relationship with McDaniels. Then, everything will be fine.

Got his feelings hurt? Hello? If that's the case, then maybe he should play in the CFL!!!

EVERYBODY is tradeable, and until he gets that into his crappy haircut head of his, he's going to continue being a pouter!

And remember...it's become known that HE asked for a trade after he lost his OC to USC.

Every guy on NFL Radio has called him out on his attitude, concerning this. Not one has backed him up....and with most of them having been players or coaches or FO guys, that says ALOT!

He needs to grow up, and FAST, or this could be his last year in Denver. I'd rather have a level-headed, mature QB running the team, than a primadonna cwybaby.

Cugel
03-09-2009, 05:13 PM
I thought the meeting was supposed to be scheduled for TUESDAY anyway?

So, does this mean that the Tuesday meeting got pushed back to later this week?

Or that the rumor monger simply got word that the meeting hasn't been scheduled yet and wouldn't be held today (but would be this week) and presented that as news?

In short, even if we accept this rumor as true, we can't tell if something has changed or whether the meeting simply hasn't been scheduled yet.

Talk about insubstantial rumors! :coffee:

EMB6903
03-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Got his feelings hurt? Hello? If that's the case, then maybe he should play in the CFL!!!

EVERYBODY is tradeable, and until he gets that into his crappy haircut head of his, he's going to continue being a pouter!

And remember...it's become known that HE asked for a trade after he lost his OC to USC.

Every guy on NFL Radio has called him out on his attitude, concerning this. Not one has backed him up....and with most of them having been players or coaches or FO guys, that says ALOT!

He needs to grow up, and FAST, or this could be his last year in Denver. I'd rather have a level-headed, mature QB running the team, than a primadonna cwybaby.

Why are you guys so concerned with how he acts off the field?

wasnt this the guy who battled with uncontrolled diabetes for half a season as a 1st year starter and didnt complain about it the entire time?

Did he cry to the media then when losing 35 pounds in a span of 60 days. when he could have possibly collapse and died on field? (this is the reason I LMAO when idiots call him mentally soft)

Ill take my chances with an sensitive and passionate qb off the field knowing that hes going to give it 110% 16 games a year.

It sounds to me like you are the ones that have your feelings hurt with how Cutler is reacting over this situation, but like I said I dont blame him... he went to battle for this City for his short career to only feel disrespected when a 32 year old HC tries to trade him for a new aged matt Schaub who already knows his system.

Also everybody keeps saying every player is trabeable... I cant remember a time when a proven franchise QB under 25 was being shopped like this...... anybody?

broncobryce
03-09-2009, 05:27 PM
crybaby! we should just cut him. . . .

Who, McDaniels? :D

Thnikkaman
03-09-2009, 05:36 PM
I heard a rumor that someone is getting punched in the gut and kicked in the balls for creating lame threads.

Just a rumor.

Magnificent Seven
03-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Why are you guys so concerned with how he acts off the field?

wasnt this the guy who battled with uncontrolled diabetes for half a season as a 1st year starter and didnt complain about it the entire time?

Did he cry to the media then when losing 35 pounds in a span of 60 days. when he could have possibly collapse and died on field? (this is the reason I LMAO when idiots call him mentally soft)

Ill take my chances with an sensitive and passionate qb off the field knowing that hes going to give it 110% 16 games a year.

It sounds to me like you are the ones that have your feelings hurt with how Cutler is reacting over this situation, but like I said I dont blame him... he went to battle for this City for his short career to only feel disrespected when a 32 year old HC tries to trade him for a new aged matt Schaub who already knows his system.

Also everybody keeps saying every player is trabeable... I cant remember a time when a proven franchise QB under 25 was being shopped like this...... anybody?

I second that!

honz
03-09-2009, 05:50 PM
I heard a rumor that someone is getting punched in the gut and kicked in the balls for creating lame threads.

Just a rumor.

The internet sucks when it falls into the wrong hands. :tsk:

Ziggy
03-09-2009, 05:57 PM
McDaniels has said nothing about this to the media, other than, "We're not trading Cutler." The fact that he even said that much surprised me. He shouldn't have to explain anything that he did or didn't do involving this trade to anyone other than Bowlen. Broncos fans and the media seem to think that the coach owes them some sort of explanation about what happened. Guess what? He doesn't. He works for Pat Bowlen and no one else.

dunk7
03-09-2009, 06:17 PM

You'd prefer Brad Johnson over Cutler?

And btw, quit bashing the CFL...how many games have you watched?!?

bullis26
03-09-2009, 06:22 PM

The CFL is no where near as good as the NFL, just about anybody in the NFL could go in and dominate in it, and cutler is a crybaby but id rather have him over a mid-tier qb

SmilinAssasSin27
03-09-2009, 06:30 PM

Brad Johnson has as many Super Bowl rings as Peyton Manning. Trent Dilfer has more than Dan Marino and Donovan McNabb combined. Just sayin.

fcspikeit
03-09-2009, 06:33 PM

WTF? Where did it say Cutler rescheduled the meeting? It didn't even say the meeting was rescheduled..

The only place I heard the meeting was on Monday was on this site and the main.. I never heard it reported that the meeting was scheduled for Monday anywhere else..

I don't think the meeting was rescheduled at all..

fcspikeit
03-09-2009, 06:37 PM
McDaniels has said nothing about this to the media, other than, "We're not trading Cutler." The fact that he even said that much surprised me. He shouldn't have to explain anything that he did or didn't do involving this trade to anyone other than Bowlen. Broncos fans and the media seem to think that the coach owes them some sort of explanation about what happened. Guess what? He doesn't. He works for Pat Bowlen and no one else.

I disagree with this.. Without the fans the Broncos are nothing! Being a business man Bowlen knows he needs to keep the fans happy to run a successful organization..

Simple Jaded
03-09-2009, 06:45 PM

Sounds like the guy they just fired.......

EMB6903
03-09-2009, 06:55 PM
I disagree with this.. Without the fans the Broncos are nothing! Being a business man Bowlen knows he needs to keep the fans happy to run a successful organization..

which is the reason Im so surprised hes been so quiet the last few weeks, I would have thought he would have tried to straighten things out by now... Instead all 3 are acting like jackasses having 1000's of Broncos fans worried.

fcspikeit
03-09-2009, 07:38 PM
which is the reason Im so surprised hes been so quiet the last few weeks, I would have thought he would have tried to straighten things out.

It seems McKid is taking the Belichick approach to things, the problem is, Belichick has won 3 Superbowl's and it's hard to question him.. McDaniels has done nothing! I repeat, McDaniels has done NOTHING in this league to deserve not being questioned on his actions.

He is not god's gift to coaches yet, even Belichick didn't come into NE with such arrogance..

Even beyond the fact he hasn't proved a damn thing in this league, even if he does turn out to be a winner, if the Broncos organization gets ran in the ground because of him is it worth it?

The organization will go where the people in charge take it, I like the fact we kept Rod on the payroll his last couple years even though he was on IR.. It shows respect, right now I can't see McDaniels doing that...

MCDaniels needs to learn, most Broncos fans don't want an ass clown for a HC.. Unlike the Patriots, the Broncos had a solid fan base before we won the Superbowl. Winning isn't everything.. The trick is, can you win with class? Can you be a winner and still have the respect of the players and fans?

Are we to believe anything is acceptable as long as we win? That's the impression I get from McDaniels..

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-09-2009, 08:13 PM
It seems McKid is taking the Belichick approach to things, the problem is, Belichick has won 3 Superbowl's and it's hard to question him.. McDaniels has done nothing! I repeat, McDaniels has done NOTHING in this league to deserve not being questioned on his actions.

He is not god's gift to coaches yet, even Belichick didn't come into NE with such arrogance..

Even beyond the fact he hasn't proved a damn thing in this league, even if he does turn out to be a winner, if the Broncos organization gets ran in the ground because of him is it worth it?

The organization will go where the people in charge take it, I like the fact we kept Rod on the payroll his last couple years even though he was on IR.. It shows respect, right now I can't see McDaniels doing that...

MCDaniels needs to learn, most Broncos fans don't want an ass clown for a HC.. Unlike the Patriots, the Broncos had a solid fan base before we won the Superbowl. Winning isn't everything.. The trick is, can you win with class? Can you be a winner and still have the respect of the players and fans?

Are we to believe anything is acceptable as long as we win? That's the impression I get from McDaniels..

LMAO so McD had nothing to do with those superbowls is what you are saying? You are a fool if you think he has done nothing in this league.

Simple Jaded
03-09-2009, 08:24 PM
LMAO so McD had nothing to do with those superbowls is what you are saying? You are a fool if you think he has done nothing in this league.

Doogie's first year as an actual position coach was in 2004, their last SB season, before that he was nothing more than a "Personal assistant/Coaching assistant".......So yeah, he was a legitimate contributor to one meaningful season of their Dynasty.......

MOtorboat
03-09-2009, 08:26 PM

Really? Are you sure?

http://archive.southcoasttoday.com/daily/05-00/05-02-00/c01sp104.htm

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9D05E1DF1E3AF935A15754C0A9669C8B 63&scp=1&sq=&st=nyt

He fired some of the top scouts and called his team out publicly in the biggest newspaper in the country...

I think its pretty safe to say that Belichick was arrogant from the get go.

Ziggy
03-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Sounds like the guy they just fired.......

You mean the one that has 2 Super Bowl rings as a head coach? Yeah that's the one.

getlynched47
03-09-2009, 08:27 PM

The face-to-face meeting between Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler and new head coach Josh McDaniels is still scheduled for this week. Just not Monday.

Cutler is still planning to sit down with McDaniels sometime in the next few days, but sources told CBS4 Sports they couldn't say when that would happen, other than it was not on the agenda Monday.

The meeting became necessary after the Broncos explored trading Cutler in exchange for Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel. A three-team trade that was discussed would have sent Cutler to Tampa Bay and Cassel to Denver. That deal fell through and Cassel was eventually traded to Kansas City.

When news of the trade talks leaked, Culter expressed shock and anger. The Broncos denied they attempted to trade Cutler, but the quarterback said he was positive that the team dangled his name to other teams.

Ultimately, the Broncos released a statement saying they were not trading Cutler, and that a meeting between the quarterback and coach was scheduled for this week.

DenBronx
03-09-2009, 08:43 PM
i seriously cant believe how so many fans can be so blind regarding cutler. its like overnight half the fans turned their backs on him when he had absolutely nothing to do with the trade that mcdaniels attempted. it was all mcdaniels idea and how cutler comes out looking like the bad guy i just dont know. he was shocked and voiced his opinion. when you have to uproot your family and go somewhere you really dont want to go im sure 95% of you would do the same. id like one of you that work a job over hear a rumor that you might be getting transferred sulphur, louisiana and if you dont go then you are terminated. he's paid millions you say? so....its still HIS proffession and HIS career.

fickle fans....im tired of them.

bullis26
03-09-2009, 09:17 PM
i seriously cant believe how so many fans can be so blind regarding cutler. its like overnight half the fans turned their backs on him when he had absolutely nothing to do with the trade that mcdaniels attempted. it was all mcdaniels idea and how cutler comes out looking like the bad guy i just dont know. he was shocked and voiced his opinion. when you have to uproot your family and go somewhere you really dont want to go im sure 95% of you would do the same. id like one of you that work a job over hear a rumor that you might be getting transferred sulphur, louisiana and if you dont go then you are terminated. he's paid millions you say? so....its still HIS proffession and HIS career.

i dont care he's upset, but he wouldnt meet with officials, and just generally acted like a baby..... if i were in his situation i'd prolly be a little mad but i'd go out there and prove to MCD i got what it takes and get a huge contract, show MCD how dumb he looks for mentioning your name....but cutler would rather cry about something that was blown way out of proportion, and bronx you seem to forget the NFL is a business, people get traded, people get cut, just the way it is

Brian dawkins doesnt get resigned he's the heart and soul of that team - he's not whinning like a little baby
T.O. hell he doesnt even cry he thanks the organization
many people have been rumored to be released/traded or have been released/traded this offseason but cutler has been the only one to cry about it

bullis26
03-09-2009, 09:19 PM

and im tired of the people that think cutler is higher than the team, MCD will hopefully show him he's not if he hasnt already thats one thing New England does.... Tom brady crys and goes public about his team he would get fined Bellicheck wouldnt take that from anybody, no matter who we're talking about

TXBRONC
03-09-2009, 09:29 PM
and im tired of the people that think cutler is higher than the team, MCD will hopefully show him he's not if he hasnt already thats one thing New England does.... Tom brady crys and goes public about his team he would get fined Bellicheck wouldnt take that from anybody, no matter who we're talking about

I'm tired of people who act like they know what's going on inside the organization like work there, when fact is they don't know jack.

bullis26
03-09-2009, 09:50 PM
I'm tired of people who act like they know what's going on inside the organization like work there, when fact is they don't know jack.

well its been proven that the broncos organization was the one contacted, they werent the ones contacting people. yes he talked to him, but it was about his quarterback, matt cassell i wouldnt have done it but he did, and and they arent trading him they said it? so please enlighten me how is cutler not acting like he's two?

fcspikeit
03-09-2009, 10:03 PM
i dont care he's upset, but he wouldnt meet with officials, and just generally acted like a baby..... if i were in his situation i'd prolly be a little mad but i'd go out there and prove to MCD i got what it takes and get a huge contract, show MCD how dumb he looks for mentioning your name....but cutler would rather cry about something that was blown way out of proportion, and bronx you seem to forget the NFL is a business, people get traded, people get cut, just the way it is

Brian dawkins doesnt get resigned he's the heart and soul of that team - he's not whinning like a little baby
T.O. hell he doesnt even cry he thanks the organization
many people have been rumored to be released/traded or have been released/traded this offseason but cutler has been the only one to cry about it

Show me where Cutler was "whining" or "crying"? Show me the proof he wouldn't meet with officials? His agent said there was no scheduled meetings planed..

fcspikeit
03-09-2009, 10:05 PM
well its been proven that the broncos organization was the one contacted, they werent the ones contacting people. yes he talked to him, but it was about his quarterback, matt cassell i wouldnt have done it but he did, and and they arent trading him they said it? so please enlighten me how is cutler not acting like he's two?

Really, proven? :confused: Please, show us all how that was proven.. :rolleyes:

bullis26
03-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Show me where Cutler was "whining" or "crying"? Show me the proof he wouldn't meet with officials? His agent said there was no scheduled meetings planed..

he said he was too hurt to go meet with them, if this was two weeks ago i'd show you the link, it was on NFL.com it was everywhere you could prolly google that and find it. You want the proof, go waste your time shouldnt be too hard to find, but i really dont feel the need to, if you followed that even the slightest bit you'd know he was being a baby

honz
03-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Cutler's not the first big name guy to be rumored in trade talks. Get upset about it, you deserve that right, but don't act like a freaking baby about it and fuel the fire by saying stupid things to the media.

DenBronx
03-10-2009, 02:27 AM
blah blah blah...

JKcatch724
03-10-2009, 03:24 AM
I'm sorry... but I'm sick of the term "crybaby". LT is a crybaby. Jay Cutler is honest. Brutally honest?? Probably... But it's a nice change from the robots we see day in and day out. He may have been a little immature if anything in this situation but far from a crybaby.

Everybody who is calling him a crybaby in the media is some idiotic talking head who has never even met him, let alone been on the same team as him. They're all just trying to stir the pot at this point.

What did he say to the media that was stupid?? Maybe talking to the media was stupid, but so was leaking the trade talks.

TXBRONC
03-10-2009, 07:14 AM

No it's debateable who contacted who.

Simple Jaded
03-10-2009, 02:06 PM
You mean the one that has 2 Super Bowl rings as a head coach? Yeah that's the one.

I don't know what your point is, I'm just saying that they just fired a guy just like the arrogant A-hole you described in your post.......the difference between the two, like you said, one has 2 SuperBowl rings and the other has Dick!.......

Simple Jaded
03-10-2009, 02:10 PM
he said he was too hurt to go meet with them, if this was two weeks ago i'd show you the link, it was on NFL.com it was everywhere you could prolly google that and find it. You want the proof, go waste your time shouldnt be too hard to find, but i really dont feel the need to, if you followed that even the slightest bit you'd know he was being a baby

He literally said "I'm too hurt to meet with the team"? I call BullShit! Prove it or, even if this were remotely true, this is the last post of yours that anybody takes seriously.......

JKcatch724
03-10-2009, 03:18 PM

You sound like a Charger fan with the haircut remarks.

Speculation.

That actually says nothing at all. For a guy so high on his own opinion, you sure do rely on what the talking heads say. How many of those hacks have actually met Jay? Played with him? Didn't think so.

Why don't you go ahead and find one quote from Jay Cutler that is actually a crybaby statement and not just his opinion on the matter. I'll wait.

Just sayin.

fcspikeit
03-10-2009, 03:40 PM
The suspense continues to build in Denver as Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and quarterback Jay Cutler have yet to have a sitdown regarding Cutler being shopped in recent trade discussions, according to Mike Klis of the Denver Post.

The Broncos began their offseason conditioning program today. And Cutler will obviously want to be present for 90 percent of the workouts in order to earn a $100,000 bonus.

According to the article, Broncos owner Pat Bowlen was supposed to speak with Cutler over the weekend. Team officials didn’t say if that discussion happened or not.

Former New England Patriots quarterback Jim Miller weighed in on the awkward nature of the situation.

“I can see why Josh would want Cassel because then he could hit the ground running with his system,” Miller told the Post. “The only problem is, if you’re going to discuss trading your quarterback, you better trade him or everybody gets worked up in a tizzy.”

I wonder if Bowlen did in fact meet with him?

Lonestar
03-10-2009, 03:47 PM
I'm sorry... but I'm sick of the term "crybaby". LT is a crybaby. Jay Cutler is honest. Brutally honest?? Probably... But it's a nice change from the robots we see day in and day out. He may have been a little immature if anything in this situation but far from a crybaby.

Everybody who is calling him a crybaby in the media is some idiotic talking head who has never even met him, let alone been on the same team as him. They're all just trying to stir the pot at this point.

What did he say to the media that was stupid?? Maybe talking to the media was stupid, but so was leaking the trade talks.

Do you suppose that it was Mc Kid that leaked the info.. From what everyone has said it was done in either NE or KC..

It was only acknowledged to have been talks, initiated by someone else TPA and DET, which were turned down by/from Dove Valley..

red98
03-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Bowlen was supposed to speak with him last Saturday. I hope he never tells
us wether they spoke or not. I prefer the Patriots way of handling things in house
and not dragging it through the media. I prefer my NFL drama on the field.

Also, the offseason conditioning program starts on the 16th if I'm not mistaken.

JKcatch724
03-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Do you suppose that it was Mc Kid that leaked the info.. From what everyone has said it was done in either NE or KC..

It was only acknowledged to have been talks, initiated by someone else TPA and DET, which were turned down by/from Dove Valley..

I'm just saying it was stupid that they were leaked in general regardless of who was responsible. It just created a big unnecessary fiasco. I'm chalking it up to Belichick and/or Pioli. After all McD wouldn't have leaked it then denied...

fcspikeit
03-10-2009, 04:34 PM

He was asked if he wanted to meet with the FO after the released the statement. Cutler said he didn't want to meet with them if they were just going to lie to him because he knew for a fact they tried to trade him..

His agent Bus Cook was asked if there was a meeting scheduled. He said there wasn’t end there never was a meeting scheduled. Obviously if Cutler wasn’t calling them back as was rumored. They would have contacted his agent about a meeting don’t you think?

You have painted the picture of Cutler with what you want to believe.

In your mind, someone from the FO took a phone call and Cutler freaked out and went to the media, The FO tried to contact Cutler and explain but he wouldn’t take their call, again the FO scheduled a meeting to try and work this out but Cutler refused to go.

Why don’t you look at the facts instead of just going of your make believe?

Cutler heard rumors about being traded, Who don’t know who told him? Maybe it was the Goodmans? Maybe it was Bates? We don’t know. But who ever it was Cutler is convinced they were going to trade him. Everyone reporting on this after looking into it, is reporting McDaniels tried to trade Cutler.. Then they come out and say it didn’t happen..

We have no idea if the FO has tried to contact Cutler? We know there wasn’t a meeting scheduled for them to meet with Cutler to try and work this out. So what is Cutler to think? First he learns McDaniels tried to trade him and don’t really want him as his starting QB.

If McDaniels really did want Cutler, wouldn’t he be going out of his way to work this out? Wouldn’t he be at least saying this to the media? All he said was “We’re not trading Cutler” That isn’t even close to saying he wants Cutler to be his QB next year.

From his actions or lack thereof, It doesn’t look like McDaniels wants Cutler to be his QB next year. If this is the case, who can blame Cutler if he did decide he didn’t want to play for him? He hasn’t said that either, but I would understand if he did…

Lonestar
03-10-2009, 04:45 PM
He was asked if he wanted to meet with the FO after the released the statement. Cutler said he didn't want to meet with them if they were just going to lie to him because he knew for a fact they tried to trade him..

His agent Bus Cook was asked if there was a meeting scheduled. He said there wasn’t end there never was a meeting scheduled. Obviously if Cutler wasn’t calling them back as was rumored. They would have contacted his agent about a meeting don’t you think?

In your mind, someone from the FO took a phone call and Cutler freaked out and went to the media, The FO tried to contact Cutler and explain but he wouldn’t take their call, again the FO scheduled a meeting to try and work this out but Cutler refused to go.

Cutler heard rumors about being traded, Who don’t know who told him? Maybe it was the Goodmans? Maybe it was Bates? We don’t know. But who ever it was Cutler is convinced they were going to trade him. Everyone reporting on this after looking into it, is reporting McDaniels tried to trade Cutler.. Then they come out and say it didn’t happen..

We have no idea if the FO has tried to contact Cutler? We know there wasn’t a meeting scheduled for them to meet with Cutler to try and work this out. So what is Cutler to think? First he learns McDaniels tried to trade him and don’t really want him as his starting QB.

If McDaniels really did want Cutler, wouldn’t he be going out of his way to work this out? Wouldn’t he be at least saying this to the media? All he said was “We’re not trading Cutler” That isn’t even close to saying he wants Cutler to be his QB next year.

From his actions or lack thereof, It doesn’t look like McDaniels wants Cutler to be his QB next year. If this is the case, who can blame Cutler if he did decide he didn’t want to play for him? He hasn’t said that either, but I would understand if he did…

other than the last paragraph not a bad synopsis of the ordeal..

I have seen nothing from anyone that can support this comment..

bullis26
03-10-2009, 05:09 PM

there was a meeting, it wasnt mandatory but he was still expected to be there, it was regarding the new playbook...and he blew this way out of proportion, everybody who has cutlers back on here thinks he's above the team. Would you be upset if Chad Jackson got mentioned in trade talks? How about josh barrett? Well there all on that team so i'd hope you would be just as upset with all of them, because not one player is above the team. If cutler does get traded(he wont) yeah id be mad but ill still support they broncos it's a business, and they'll just plug the next guy in and go(however ineffective it may be) but atleast everybody on the broncos will know nobody is above the team then if that happened

MOtorboat
03-10-2009, 06:27 PM

Lots of speculation in this as well.

Watchthemiddle
03-10-2009, 06:32 PM
us wether they spoke or not. I prefer the Patriots way of handling things in house

Also, the offseason conditioning program starts on the 16th if I'm not mistaken.

You make an interesting point. You say you "prefer the Patriots way of handling things in house"

That said, McDaniels is Patriots born and bred. Do people actually think that 2 months into the job he has forgotten how he USED to handle business and all of a sudden?

Maybe its the Cutler drama camp that wants to make this public and a specticle because Cutler is the one who NEVER liked this hire to begin with. :confused:

fcspikeit
03-10-2009, 06:34 PM
there was a meeting, it wasnt mandatory but he was still expected to be there, it was regarding the new playbook...and he blew this way out of proportion, everybody who has cutlers back on here thinks he's above the team. Would you be upset if Chad Jackson got mentioned in trade talks? How about josh barrett? Well there all on that team so i'd hope you would be just as upset with all of them, because not one player is above the team. If cutler does get traded(he wont) yeah id be mad but ill still support they broncos it's a business, and they'll just plug the next guy in and go(however ineffective it may be) but atleast everybody on the broncos will know nobody is above the team then if that happened

Where are you getting this shit from?

fcspikeit
03-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Lots of speculation in this as well.

It's all speculation MB... Everyone who is calling Cutler names are speculating.. No one really knows what the hell is going on for sure except Cutler and McDaniels, and some people around here wont even give Cutler the credit for knowing what is going on.

fcspikeit
03-10-2009, 06:38 PM
QB-coach meeting no rush job
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 03/10/2009 12:30:00 AM MDT

Jay Cutler (Denver Post file photo)

It doesn't appear Jay Cutler and Josh McDaniels are in any hurry to sit down and discuss their differences.

Monday came and went and Cutler, the Broncos' fourth-year quarterback, and McDaniels, the Broncos' first-year head coach, have yet to gather for their big meeting.

Until they do, the drama will continue.

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen was scheduled to speak with Cutler by phone Saturday. The Broncos would not confirm whether that conversation took place, and Cutler could not be reached. The Broncos will begin their offseason conditioning program Monday. At stake for Cutler is a $100,000 bonus if he attends at least 90 percent of the workouts.

Cutler has said he is not upset McDaniels tried to trade him away in a three-way

deal that would have brought quarterback Matt Cassel from New England to Denver.

"I could see why they (would) want Cassel," Cutler said last week.

Cassel instead was dealt to Kansas City. Cutler has said his problem is he believes McDaniels aggressively initiated the trade talks.

"I can see why Josh would want Cassel because then he could hit the ground running with his system," former New England quarterback Jim Miller said. "The only problem is, if you're going to discuss trading your quarterback, you better trade him or everybody gets worked up in a tizzy."

Last week, McDaniels said through a team spokesman he would not trade Cutler and that the two would meet this week.

In this extraordinarily hectic offseason, does anything mean more to the Broncos' hopes in 2009 than whether the star quarterback and wunderkind coach can smooth their relationship?

The Broncos have changed coaches, replacing 14-year icon Mike Shanahan with McDaniels. They have a new front office boss, with Brian Xanders essentially leapfrogging the deposed Jim and Jeff Goodman. The team has revamped most of its coaching staff, signed 12 free-agent players and is preparing for the April 25-26 draft in which it has nine selections.

All suspense, however, is on The Meeting.

It all depends on how you look at it.. a few seem to be overlooking that he said that.

MOtorboat
03-10-2009, 06:40 PM
It all depends on how you look at it.. a few seem to be overlooking that he said that.

Yet some are overlooking that McDaniels and Xanders have said nothing publicly except that they were called and they said no, and that Jay Cutler is the quarterback.

Lonestar
03-10-2009, 06:44 PM

but it was all the comments/whining/statements (take your pick) prior to that Revelation that had everyone wondering about his longterm viability here..

Now that things have calmed down for 98% of the fans/members here less issues are going on..

Now the other 2% will never forgive Mc Kid for picking up the phone.. Probably the same ones that thought mikey was irreplaceable..

Watchthemiddle
03-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Yet some are overlooking that McDaniels and Xanders have said nothing publicly except that they were called and they said no, and that Jay Cutler is the quarterback.

Exactly!!!

MB, your post and severaly others including mine in the past have said the same thing. THe head coach and GM have said exactly what you said above.

McD and Xanders have been called every name in the book because they answered the phone. Cutler in the mean time is making this soooo much worse than it needs to be.

SO, someone tell me what side is the drama queen and overlooking what?

MOtorboat
03-10-2009, 06:48 PM
mikey was irreplaceable..

You would be wrong about that in some regards. I don't think firing him was the right move, but time will tell, won't it?

Irreplaceable? That's an absolute, so yes, I don't think he was irreplaceable, but I think it was the wrong move. However, I'm willing to give the new coach some time before calling for his head. After all, I'm not Pat Bowlen. I'm just some dude on the internet.

pnbronco
03-10-2009, 06:49 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the offseason program starting on Monday. Does anyone know when the mini camps are?

red98
03-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Well Cutler hasn't said a word since it first happened either.

Lonestar
03-10-2009, 06:54 PM
You would be wrong about that in some regards. I don't think firing him was the right move, but time will tell, won't it?

Irreplaceable? That's an absolute, so yes, I don't think he was irreplaceable, but I think it was the wrong move. However, I'm willing to give the new coach some time before calling for his head. After all, I'm not Pat Bowlen. I'm just some dude on the internet.

Hey I wanted GMmikey gone several years ago.. Liked him overall as a OC but IMHO the jury was out on HC to much of a micro manager for me..

Hire good folks give them directions, players and allow them to do their job.. If they fail fire them and bring in better coaches..

But we all know other that being an offensive wizard the rest was not happening..

I have to wonder how many of those folks that believed in their hearts he would be snapped up in a heart beat, if we would have had the audacity of taking the GM part away and he resigned, feel today..

broncohead
03-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Exactly!!!

MB, your post and severaly others including mine in the past have said the same thing. THe head coach and GM have said exactly what you said above.

McD and Xanders have been called every name in the book because they answered the phone. Cutler in the mean time is making this soooo much worse than it needs to be.

SO, someone tell me what side is the drama queen and overlooking what?

I'm sure the whole story hasn't even came out. People will make their up their own story to what "really" happened. I bet McD and Cutler made up the story together and are now laughing their asses off.

MOtorboat
03-10-2009, 06:59 PM
I'm sure the whole story hasn't even came out. People will make their up their own story to what "really" happened. I bet McD and Cutler made up the story together and are now laughing their asses off.

No, I'll pretty much sign a written statement that freakin' Belichick did this to McDaniels.

frauschieze
03-10-2009, 07:00 PM
I have to wonder how many of those folks that believed in their hearts he would be snapped up in a heart beat, if we would have had the audacity of taking the GM part away and he resigned, feel today..

He took the year off from coaching. That was his choice. If he chooses to come back next year, then damn straight he's gonna be snapped up in a heartbeat.

MOtorboat
03-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Hey I wanted GMmikey gone several years ago.. Liked him overall as a OC but IMHO the jury was out on HC to much of a micro manager for me..

Hire good folks give them directions, players and allow them to do their job.. If they fail fire them and bring in better coaches..

But we all know other that being an offensive wizard the rest was not happening..

Quit painting broad strokes Jr...

Watchthemiddle
03-10-2009, 07:03 PM
He took the year off from coaching. That was his choice. If he chooses to come back next year, then damn straight he's gonna be snapped up in a heartbeat.

Ummmm...I would have taken the year off if the Jets and Cleveland were my only choices.

MOtorboat
03-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Ummmm...I would have taken the year off if the Jets and Cleveland were my only choices.

Made a bunch of money by doing so, as well...

Lonestar
03-10-2009, 07:09 PM

Frau I love you as a MOD, but we are going to have to work on this man love..

None of the old men form the past were given interviews.. Get used to seeing mikeys teeth on CBS sports down the line.. Or a college job.. as a NFL HC with full authority, not going to happen..

No owner is that stupid not with the mess he made in DEN the past 10 years..

I travel to a lot of cities and most places laugh at DEN with their DAFT choices, personnel moves and his style of management..

It will not happen this coming year..

claymore
03-10-2009, 07:10 PM

I agree in a Nutshell, but I do think the message was lost. Ive said it before, I dont like Plummer, but he made some great points when Shanahan was fired.

fcspikeit
03-10-2009, 07:11 PM

Where is it where they say, "we said no" ?

skycoyote
03-10-2009, 07:12 PM

Stranger things have happened, :listen: but we all took the bait. :lol:

MOtorboat
Where is it where they say, "we said no" ?

Oh, so now we're going to play the semantics game?

Where they said no is the FACT that Cassel is a Chief and Cutler is a Bronco.

Watchthemiddle
Made a bunch of money by doing so, as well...

Money to Shanny doesn't = enough to be a winner. I honestly don't think he would take a job for "the money" just to have money. We all know he has enough money. He doesn't need more although he has a lot. He wants to win.

He stepped into a built team here that had most of the pieces in place. Shanny is not into building from the gound up....since when did we ever hear Shanny say we are re-building? We always heard we are 1-2 players away from the SB. The Jets and Browns .....and Broncos are more than that. $$$ Is not Shanny's drive, its winning.

He obviously could have gone for the money, but didn't. Look for him to step into the RIGHT situation to propel him into winning.

frauschieze
03-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Frau I love you as a MOD, but we are going to have to work on this man love..

None of the old men form the past were given interviews.. Get used to seeing mikeys teeth on CBS sports down the line.. Or a college job.. as a NFL HC with full authority, not going to happen..

No owner is that stupid not with the mess he made in DEN the past 10 years..

I travel to a lot of cities and most places laugh at DEN with their DAFT choices, personnel moves and his style of management..

It will not happen this coming year..

Ehhhh......we'll see come next year.

MOtorboat
03-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Money to Shanny doesn't = enough to be a winner. I honestly don't think he would take a job for "the money" just to have money. We all know he has enough money. He doesn't need more although he has a lot. He wants to win.

He stepped into a built team here that had most of the pieces in place. Shanny is not into building from the gound up....since when did we ever hear Shanny say we are re-building? We always heard we are 1-2 players away from the SB. The Jets and Browns .....and Broncos are more than that. $$$ Is not Shanny's drive, its winning.

He obviously could have gone for the money, but didn't. Look for him to step into the RIGHT situation to propel him into winning.

Maybe...but he does have one big-ass house to pay for in Cherry Hills. :D

DenBronx
03-10-2009, 07:14 PM
just got a text from cbs. it said jay and the broncos have finally spoken and issues remain. not sure what that means....

anyone else get it?

Lonestar
03-10-2009, 07:15 PM
I agree in a Nutshell, but I do think the message was lost. Ive said it before, I dont like Plummer, but he made some great points when Shanahan was fired.

I liked Jake and thought the same .. Wow a meeting of minds on this..

was not sure that would ever happen..

Watchthemiddle
03-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Maybe...but he does have one big-ass house to pay for in Cherry Hills. :D

I am willing to be its already paid for.

drewloc
03-10-2009, 07:16 PM
just got a text from cbs. it said jay and the broncos have finally spoken and issues remain. not sure what that means....

anyone else get it?

Yeah I just got it as well, hopefully this isn't bad... :tsk:

Lonestar
http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/nfl.broncos.cutler.2.955839.html

Cutler-McDaniels Finally Speak, Issues Remain
CBS4 Sports has learned Jay Cutler and the Broncos have finally spoken. It was not face-to-face, but rather by conference call on Monday with Cutler, head coach Josh McDaniels and owner Pat Bowlen among those on the line.

The much awaited discussion was prompted after the now well-publicized events on the first weekend of free agency. The Broncos explored a possible trade that would have sent Cutler out of town for former Patriots backup Matt Cassel. The trade never happened and Cassel eventually ended up in Kansas City. The Broncos denied they initiated any trade talks, but Cutler was certain the team tried to move him.

Sources close to the situation tell CBS4 Sports that the tone of the dicussion was not exactly "make nice" as might have been expected. We're told McDaniels made it clear to the quarterback how the team will be run, and how Cutler was expected to fit into that plan. McDaniels reiterated the Broncos position that they have no intention of trading Cutler, but he also made it clear that all players are being constantly evaluated and could be traded if management thinks it will make the team better.
CBS4 Sports contacted the Broncos for a comment about Monday's discussions, but so far they have not responded.

The Broncos expect Cutler to report to Dove Valley next Monday, when the Broncos begin voluntary offseason workouts.

CBS4 Sports has also learned that Bowlen attempted to contact Cutler twice last week. Both calls went unreturned.

fcspikeit

How does that say they said no? if NE pulled the plug and traded Cassel to the chiefs that is not our FO saying no, sorry but nice try..

MOtorboat
03-10-2009, 07:17 PM
Sources close to the situation tell CBS4 Sports that the tone of the dicussion was not exactly "make nice" as might have been expected. We're told McDaniels made it clear to the quarterback how the team will be run, and how Cutler was expected to fit into that plan. McDaniels reiterated the Broncos position that they have no intention of trading Cutler, but he also made it clear that all players are being constantly evaluated and could be traded if management thinks it will make the team better.

Hell yeah. No coddling.

MOtorboat
03-10-2009, 07:18 PM
How does that say they said no? if NE pulled the plug and traded Cassel to the chiefs that is not our FO saying no, sorry but nice try..

If you REALLY believe New England pulled the plug on a deal for a first rounder in favor of a second rounder, I can't help you.

tomjonesrocks
03-10-2009, 07:19 PM
In case this hasn't been posted--I just got the text.
http://cbs4denver.com/sports/nfl.broncos.cutler.2.955839.html

CBS4 Sports has learned Jay Cutler and the Broncos have finally spoken. It was not face-to-face, but rather by conference call on Monday with Cutler, head coach Josh McDaniels and owner Pat Bowlen among those on the line.

The much awaited discussion was prompted after the now well-publicized events on the first weekend of free agency. The Broncos explored a possible trade that would have sent Cutler out of town for former Patriots backup Matt Cassel. The trade never happened and Cassel eventually ended up in Kansas City. The Broncos denied they initiated any trade talks, but Cutler was certain the team tried to move him.

CBS4 Sports contacted the Broncos for a comment about Monday's discussions, but so far they have not responded.

The Broncos expect Cutler to report to Dove Valley next Monday, when the Broncos begin voluntary offseason workouts.

CBS4 Sports has also learned that Bowlen attempted to contact Cutler twice last week. Both calls went unreturned.

-----------------

Pretty vague...

fcspikeit
03-10-2009, 07:20 PM
http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/nfl.broncos.cutler.2.955839.html

Cutler-McDaniels Finally Speak, Issues Remain

So McDaniels is still considering trading Cutler.. That is much different then what he said before, "We will NOT trade Jay cutler" :rolleyes:

DenBronx
03-10-2009, 07:21 PM
if mcdaniels didnt eat crow to cutler then he is truly a dick.

red98
It's not good on Jay's part that he didn't return Pat's calls.

Also, I guess Xanders is just like sundquist, a figurehead yes man,no real power.
At least it sounds that way since he is never really mentioned.

skycoyote
I think it may be possible that Cutler is using this as an excuse to get traded or get more money. And, I wouldn't be suprised if Shannahan is coaching him on how to do it.
Just a thought.

fcspikeit
If you REALLY believe New England pulled the plug on a deal for a first rounder in favor of a second rounder, I can't help you.

Where did I say we offered them a 1st rounder? And please don't kid yourself, I'm not looking for your help! :laugh:

broncohead
03-10-2009, 07:22 PM

Doesn't mean a member of the coaching staff (McD) didn't still want the trade to go through and some one higher said no.

DenBronx
03-10-2009, 07:23 PM
I think it may be possible that Cutler is using this as an excuse to get traded or get more money. And, I wouldn't be suprised if Shannahan is coaching him on how to do it.
Just a thought.

if shanny was smart he would stay close to jay. that way wherever he goes he could try and trade for him next year.

Watchthemiddle
03-10-2009, 07:23 PM
No problem with McDaniels saying players are constantly evaluated and could be traded if it makes the team better.

I like the fact that the HC is in charge over the player. HC's are hired to run the team, come up with game plans, and ultimately COACH the team to make it better.

Players come in to fit the mold. If they don't fit the mold, they need to move on in order to bring in players to fit the mold.

Obviously, CUtler might not fit the mold. Strong arms does not mean you are going to be a successful fit ANYWHERE in the NFL. You don't need a rocket armed QB to win a Super Bowl. Just ask Pitt and San Fran..the winning'est super bowl franchises ever. Shoot, ask Indy and NE with Payton and Brady...not rocket arms, but smart decisions...HUH..kind of like Montana and Roth...:confused:

fcspikeit
03-10-2009, 07:24 PM
It's not good on Jay's part that he didn't return Pat's calls.

Also, I guess Xanders is just like sundquist, a figurehead yes man,no real power.
At least it sounds that way since he is never really mentioned.

I agree Jay should be talking to Pat!

Also, it's pretty clear who is running the show in Dove Valley. It looks like Pat jumped right back into the same shit he had with Shanahan..:coffee:

topscribe
Sounds as if McD laid it on the line for Cutler.

Well, that's what he has to do. It's either one chief or chaos . . .

-----

MOtorboat
Where did I say we offered them a 1st rounder? And please don't kind yourself, I'm not looking for your help! :laugh:

Look, if we're going to believe the reports out there, then we're going to have to believe that it was a first round pick. You can't selectively choose which parts of the reported deal are real or not.

red98
03-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Just a thought.

Shannahan no.

Bus "the useless douche bag" Cook, it's possible.

fcspikeit
03-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Look, if we're going to believe the reports out there, then we're going to have to believe that it was a first round pick. You can't selectively choose which parts of the reported deal are real or not.

What report said we offered them a 1st round pick?

The last report said we offered them our 2nd round pick :coffee:

MOtorboat
So McDaniels is still considering trading Cutler.

That is not what that says.

:rolleyes:

Lonestar
So McDaniels is still considering trading Cutler.. That is much different then what he said before, "We will NOT trade Jay cutler" :rolleyes:

It says

also made it clear that all players are being constantly evaluated and could be traded if management thinks it will make the team better.

nothing more nothing less.
Anything else is speculation IN FACT UNLESS we know for sure, so is this comment..

Please lets not start this crap again..

If Jay starts whining again then lets worry about it.. till then give it a rest..

DenBronx
03-10-2009, 07:27 PM

-----

i wish the chief was the GM.

BigDaddyBronco
03-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Ok, being a hardass might work for a guy like Belichick, but McDaniels is what 32 or something. How absurd is it that he is taking a hard line with the kid when he is only 7 years (or so) older than Cutler.

I don't disagree with what McDaniels is saying, but it's funny that such a young guy is bowing up.

Lonestar
if mcdaniels didnt eat crow to cutler then he is truly a dick.

how can you say this?

He did nothing wrong and frankly had he NOT taken the call I would have fired him for dereliction of duty..

MOtorboat
What report said we offered them a 1st round pick?

The last report said we offered them our 2nd round pick :coffee:

Really? That's a new one on me, and that certainly hasn't been posted on this board.

Reports that Cutler reacted to were that Tampa and Detroit were offering first round picks in exchange for Cassel, and then in turn sending him to Denver for Cutler.

I think that's been well reported.

If you have an actual source saying it was a second, let me know, because I haven't read that one yet.

Watchthemiddle
03-10-2009, 07:31 PM

-----

Agree Top.

A player cannot run the team, and the HC cannot show weakness or else he will lost the entire team.

I know there are a lot of CUlter lovers and McDaniel haters after all of this has come out in the past 2 weeks, but this is the NFL. We just fired one of the best NFL coaches out there. IF that doesn't mean anything, than nothing does.

HC's have to bring it and create a winning team. Star players need to buy into that HC and play for him. IF they don't, the HC can bring in another player that will.

tomjonesrocks
03-10-2009, 07:33 PM
The one part I definitely am not fond of it the part where Cutler hadn't returned Bowlen's calls. Suggests Bowlen had either signed off on the trade or Cutler thinks he did.

Lonestar
03-10-2009, 07:33 PM
I agree Jay should be talking to Pat!

Also, it's pretty clear who is running the show in Dove Valley. It looks like Pat jumped right back into the same shit he had with Shanahan..:coffee:

Again.. You hire folks to do the job and stay out of their way UNLESS you do not like what they are doing then you step in and let them know..

If Pat was on the Telcon like was said, I'm guessing Jay is going to come out of this ordeal a more humble young man.. and that would be good..

BigDaddyBronco
03-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Maybe this will help Cutler grow, to know he is just a widget, maybe a nice widget, but still a widget.

I'm thinking that Cutler is such a drama queen that this isn't going to get better.

BroncoWave
03-10-2009, 07:36 PM
The one part I definitely am not fond of it the part where Cutler hadn't returned Bowlen's calls. Suggests Bowlen had either signed off on the trade or Cutler thinks he did.

Yeah, I didn't like that either but it doesn't surprise me. Other than that, though, I do like what was reported from the conversation.

DenBronx
03-10-2009, 07:37 PM
how can you say this?

He did nothing wrong and frankly had he NOT taken the call I would have fired him for dereliction of duty..

cutler deserves an apology. a sincere apology, not just a wet behind the ears head coach to come in and flex his muscles on a sensitive issues with cutler already.

if i were mcdaniels i would have fired away with comments like, jay all we did was listen to trade offers for you man, we had no intentions on trading you and i hope you realize your off the block not just for today but for good.

not comments like, i want to make it clear where you fit in and all players will be on the block at all times as long as im running the show. pretty childish way to have a meeting after all of this crap.

maybe they just both need to go to 7-11 and share a slurpee.

skycoyote
I'm thinking Jay wants out. Where can I get my #2 Simms jersey.

Lonestar
threads merged

scott.475
03-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Do we or don't we have a GM? Why is McD doing all this, shouldn't it be the GM's responsibility? I just don't understand, what is Xanders doing? What are his responsibilities? I agree with the one chief thing, but on matters like this, shouldn't it be Xanders? As I stated in another post, it would help protect against huge rifts between the players/coach...I am not sure this rift gets repaired, based on what I continue to read about it.

broncohead
Maybe this will help Cutler grow, to know he is just a widget, maybe a nice widget, but still a widget.

I'm thinking that Cutler is such a drama queen that this isn't going to get better.

No body knows the whole story so how do you know he is over reacting?

MOtorboat
cutler deserves an apology. a sincere apology, not just a wet behind the ears head coach to come in and flex his muscles on a sensitive issues with cutler already.

if i were mcdaniels i would have fired away with comments like, jay all we did was listen to trade offers for you man, we had no intentions on trading you and i hope you realize your off the block not just for today but for good.

not comments like, i want to make it clear where you fit in and all players will be on the block at all times as long as im running the show. pretty childish way to have a meeting after all of this crap.

An apology for what? He was probably told that all they did was listen, and that he needs to understand that. There is no apology that needs to be said here. Absolutely no reason the front office should apologize to him. They need to make it clear that this crybaby crap is over.

EMB6903
03-10-2009, 07:40 PM
I love how the Media is trying to act like they know whats going on.

DenBronx
03-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Again.. You hire folks to do the job and stay out of their way UNLESS you do not like what they are doing then you step in and let them know..

If Pat was on the Telcon like was said, I'm guessing Jay is going to come out of this ordeal a more humble young man.. and that would be good..

i'm sorry jr, but the nfl is a business. dont expect a franchise qb to be humbled by what happened...i dont see that end result at all. i see it firing him up even more on the field though and finally when his contract is up he walks.

manning, warner and brady all would have felt the same way.

MOtorboat
03-10-2009, 07:41 PM
i'm sorry jr, but the nfl is a business. dont expect a franchise qb to be humbled by what happened...i dont see that end result at all. i see it firing him up even more on the field though and finally when his contract is up he walks.

Well, if its a business then the Broncos don't owe Cutler shit.

Just saying. :noidea:

red98
03-10-2009, 07:42 PM

Do you think Xanders stayed out this because he agreed with McDoogie
and figured it was McDoogie's job to speak with Jay?

I hope that's the reason because otherwise it looks like Shanny Redux with the yes man GM with no power.

broncohead
03-10-2009, 07:42 PM
An apology for what? He was probably told that all they did was listen, and that he needs to understand that. There is no apology that needs to be said here. Absolutely no reason the front office should apologize to him. They need to make it clear that this crybaby crap is over.

You know it's really easy to call people names when you don't have all the facts.

DenBronx
03-10-2009, 07:43 PM

an apology for the head office dangling him on the market. it was a stupid idea and a poor decision on mcdaniels part. if he was going to trade he should have just pulled the trigger. now he has an angry qb on his hands. it would have been better off to not even try it.

BeefStew25
03-10-2009, 07:44 PM
None of you swinging harrys were in the room.

broncohead
an apology for the head office dangling him on the market. it was a stupid idea and a poor decision on mcdaniels part. if he was going to trade he should have just pulled the trigger. now he has an angry qb on his hands. it would have been better off to not even try it.

Unless it was for Brady it shouldn't have even been considered.

DenBronx
Well, if its a business then the Broncos don't owe Cutler shit.

Just saying. :noidea:

yeah they do....a new contract after this year.

simms is making more than cutler this year.

Lonestar

please explain why an apology for picking up the phone?..

If anything Cutler needs to be saying hey coach sorry for this getting all blown out of proportion.. I should have called to ask what was going on before I opened my big yap to a reporter..

MY bad I will not let it happen again..

DenBronx
03-10-2009, 07:45 PM
None of you swinging harrys were in the room.

could be the media just trying to pour gasoline on the fire bief.

broncohead
03-10-2009, 07:46 PM
please explain why an apology for picking up the phone?..

If anything Cutler needs to be saying hey coach sorry for this getting all blown out of proportion.. I should have called to ask what was going on before I opened my big yap to a reporter..

MY bad I will not let it happen again..

So now players don't have the freedom of speach?

DenBronx
03-10-2009, 07:49 PM
is it now a players duty to calm the ego of a head coach?

topscribe
03-10-2009, 07:49 PM

Why would you draw that inference from JR's post? It seems to me he was
only saying what Cutler should do to help mend the fences. And I agree with
him: It's time to put ego and vanity aside and get back to the team . . .

-----

Lonestar
03-10-2009, 07:50 PM

he is a franchise QB only in the minds of DEN fans.. WHO still have not forgotten John..

He has the fixings to be good so far he is a loser since HIGH School..

frankly I think almost any bright QB can run this system and if it is beneath his ego do not let the door hit him in the ass on the way out..

Let hope we can sucker some other team into the Number 1 and 20 this year and laugh all the way to the bank.. :salute:

frauschieze
03-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Damn it, Jr, I hate it when you merge threads like this. I end up scrolling through pages worth of crap I've already read and can't figure out how a thread that just was made minutes ago has nine pages already. :tsk:

DenBronx
03-10-2009, 07:53 PM

-----

i agree with this too but im getting the impression that mcdaniels really wasnt trying to be the bigger person in the talks to smooth things out. which would only make jay grow even more bitter. cutler will suck it up though. im sure he wants all of this to be put to rest and just get back to playing football.

Lonestar
03-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Do you think Xanders stayed out this because he agreed with McDoogie
and figured it was McDoogie's job to speak with Jay?

I hope that's the reason because otherwise it looks like Shanny Redux with the yes man GM with no power.

once the contract is in place it becomes coach and player.. with the GM as a ref but in this case being a new GM and the supposed stature of Jay I suspect Jay was not going to hear it from anyone but the head cheese.. PAT

broncohead
03-10-2009, 07:54 PM

-----

I agree but McD saying everyone is on the trading block even you really doesn't help the situation and should have been thought out more as the HC. They are both in the wrong but a player going public about the situation isn't a big issue imo. Reading this makes me think not only do we have an immature QB but a HC as well.

Lonestar
03-10-2009, 07:54 PM
could be the media just trying to pour gasoline on the fire Bief.

and some are not smart enough to take the bait..

Buff
03-10-2009, 07:55 PM
So I don't feel like reading 10 pages to see if this has been posted, but according to 104.3 the Fan, via KCNC, Cutler ignored two of Bowlens phone calls/messages last week... Could be nothing- but if that's true I wonder what the hell is going through Jay's head. Who is he getting his advice from?

MOtorboat
03-10-2009, 07:56 PM

First of all, Cutler wasn't "dangled on the market" by any means. They looked at one, maybe two trades and said no. That's a ridiculous statement.

Dangling means they were actively calling teams and saying "what will you give us for Cutler?"

Publicly they've said nothing but that they were called, pondered the offer, and that Cutler is the quarterback. Nothing more. Nothing less.

You believe he's angry. I believe he's a drama queen. Agree to disagree on that point.

is it now a players duty to calm the ego of a head coach?

Huh? :confused:

Lonestar
Damn it, Jr, I hate it when you merge threads like this. I end up scrolling through pages worth of crap I've already read and can't figure out how a thread that just was made minutes ago has nine pages already. :tsk:

no sense in having the same conversation in to concurrent threads.. that is why they made the little check mark thingy..

BeefStew25
Mo you weren't in the room.

topscribe
03-10-2009, 07:58 PM
I agree but McD saying everyone is on the trading block even you really doesn't help the situation and should have been thought out more as the HC. They are both in the wrong but a player going public about the situation isn't a big issue imo. Reading this makes me think not only do we have an immature QB but a HC as well.

I'm not happy with McD right now, and I have stridently voiced that on these
boards. But there has to be one boss. And that boss cannot be a player. Not
even QB.

Beyond that, I am through with who should have said what to whom. I just
want the team to come together now, and people on it to stop thinking
about just themselves.

-----

broncohead
03-10-2009, 07:58 PM
First of all, Cutler wasn't "dangled on the market" by any means. They looked at one, maybe two trades and said no. That's a ridiculous statement.

Dangling means they were actively calling teams and saying "what will you give us for Cutler?"

Publicly they've said nothing but that they were called, pondered the offer, and that Cutler is the quarterback. Nothing more. Nothing less.

You believe he's angry. I believe he's a drama queen. Agree to disagree on that point.

Huh? :confused:

So what did the ring tone sound like. Was it a song? What does McD listen to?

Lonestar
03-10-2009, 07:59 PM

just like you do at work ..

When in doubt shut your mouth until you have FACTS not conjecture..

Had he tried to talk to Mc Kid or Xman or Pat before crying about it to the reporter NONE of this would have happened..

had it just been one guy maybe but how many reporters called him and got stories...

NONE

MOtorboat
03-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Mo you weren't in the room.

No...I sure wasn't, but no one was, were they bief? :beer:

broncohead
03-10-2009, 08:00 PM
I'm not happy with McD right now, and I have stridently voiced that on these
boards. But there has to be one boss. And that boss cannot be a player. Not
even QB.

Beyond that, I am through with who should have said what to whom. I just
want the team to come together now, and people on it to stop thinking
about just themselves.
-----

It looks like 2 of the team leaders aren't backing down. We'll see how long this lasts.

DenBronx
03-10-2009, 08:00 PM
he is a franchise QB only in the minds of DEN fans.. WHO still have not forgotten John..

He has the fixings to be good so far he is a loser since HIGH School..

frankly I think almost any bright QB can run this system and if it is beneath his ego do not let the door hit him in the ass on the way out..

Let hope we can sucker some other team into the Number 1 and 20 this year and laugh all the way to the bank.. :salute:

but, remember xanders made the final decision of that and nixed the deal. i think he truly knows the talent of cutler compared to cassel. they say when you get it wrong on a qb it can set you back 5 years. cutler was something we actually had right!

and as i fan i love john elway but i dont want to hold on to his coat tail anymore. we have a john elway. yeah he's young and immature but i he has all the football tools that elway had.

topscribe
03-10-2009, 08:02 PM
It looks like 2 of the team leaders aren't backing down. We'll see how long this lasts.

We don't know that. What we have been told is very sketchy so far.

-----

broncohead
03-10-2009, 08:02 PM
just like you do at work ..

When in doubt shut your mouth until you have FACTS not conjecture..

Had he tried to talk to Mc Kid or Xman or Pat before crying about it to the reporter NONE of this would have happened..

had it just been one guy maybe but how many reporters called him and got stories...

NONE

Maybe he did

DenBronx
03-10-2009, 08:03 PM
again, its not a players responsibilty to massage the ego of a head coach that wanted to trade you.......

Lonestar
03-10-2009, 08:03 PM
but, remember xanders made the final decision of that and nixed the deal. i think he truly knows the talent of cutler compared to cutler. they say when you get it wrong on a qb it can set you back 5 years. cutler was something we actually had right!

and as i fan i love john elway but i dont want to hold on to his coat tail anymore. we have a john elway. yeah he's young and immature but i he has all the football tools that elway had.

and so did Jeff George.. Ryan Leaf and we all know what happened there..

Yes Jay has played well but it seems like it is Jays way or the highway..

That will not play well with any HC..

NightTrainLayne
03-10-2009, 08:05 PM
Maybe he did

Right. He tried to call McD and Xanders right away but won't return two of Mr. Bowlen's calls? That dog doesn't hunt.

MOtorboat
03-10-2009, 08:06 PM
again, its not a players responsibilty to massage the ego of a head coach that wanted to trade you.......

No, it certainly isn't.

Also not the job of the player to go to the media with his grievances. Nor is it his job to stomp his feet and act like a baby.

And, furthermore, it sure isn't the job of the front office, in a business, to cater to their employees, no matter how talented they are.

Tit for tat.

DenBronx

i never got that impression before mcdaniels tried to trade him. not once.

and ryan leaf? cmon jr.....

broncohead

It's not like he questioned his playbook or playcalling. From what is speculated is that McD tried to trade him. Why should he go along with that?

Buff
03-10-2009, 08:07 PM
No, it certainly isn't.

Also not the job of the player to go to the media with his grievances. Nor is it his job to stomp his feet and act like a baby.

And, furthermore, it sure isn't the job of the front office, in a business, to cater to their employees, no matter how talented they are.

Tit for tat.

Dude, if your boss calls, you answer the phone... If your boss's boss calls twice-- you return his ******* phone calls ASAP.

I just hope he has some explanation other than "I'm mad at you guys."

Lonestar
03-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Maybe he did

ANd maybe pigs fly!!!!!!!

I think he would have said I tried to contact them and I could not get through and therefore I can't comment until I have ..

The facts are:

he did not like mikeys firing,

that they did not contact him and let him know..

he did not like bates moving on..

sounds like he has a hardon for Mc Kid and was venting to me..

Opposed to being mature and saying Let me find out and I'll give you an exclusive after I do know..

MOtorboat
03-10-2009, 08:08 PM
Yeah, let's not try to compare Cutler to Ryan Leaf...George, OK...don't like it, but OK...but Leaf?

DenBronx
03-10-2009, 08:08 PM
No, it certainly isn't.

Tit for tat.

i agree with you here mo. if there is one thing cutler should have done was keep his displeasure in house. but you know how the media and a good story works now days right?

MOtorboat
03-10-2009, 08:09 PM
i agree with you here mo. if there is one thing cutler should have done was keep his displeasure in house. but you know how the media and a good story works now days right?

Hell yeah I do...I know probably more than anyone here...:D

BeefStew25
03-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Hell yeah I do...I know probably more than anyone here...:D

Why?

broncohead
03-10-2009, 08:11 PM
ANd maybe pigs fly!!!!!!!

I think he would have said I tried to contact them and I could not get through and therefore I can't comment until I have ..

The facts are:

he did not like mikeys firing,

that they did not contact him and let him know..

he did not like bates moving on..

sounds like he has a hardon for Mc Kid and was venting to me..

Opposed to being mature and saying Let me find out and I'll give you an exclusive after I do know..

So basically you don't know if Jay and the FO talked before he made comments to the reporters? Got it.

MOtorboat
03-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Why?

You know why.

broncohead
03-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Dude, if your boss calls, you answer the phone... If your boss's boss calls twice-- you return his ******* phone calls ASAP.

I just hope he has some explanation other than "I'm mad at you guys."

Like he wan't near his phone...

Lonestar
03-10-2009, 08:13 PM
Yeah, let's not try to compare Cutler to Ryan Leaf...George, OK...don't like it, but OK...but Leaf?

both strong armed head cases.. not to far to stretch on this one.. one bounced from team to team the other bounced.

Once again Jay is or appears to be hotheaded head case that wants it his way..

It has to be the TEAMS way and he needs to get that straight pronto..

claymore
03-10-2009, 08:15 PM

Same can be said of the coaching staff. :D

Lonestar
03-10-2009, 08:15 PM
So basically you don't know if Jay and the FO talked before he made comments to the reporters? Got it.

Talking when you did not know about the facts is dumb..

Talking like he did after hearing the facts, he is beyond stupid..

Lets hope it is just dumb..

claymore
03-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Talking when you did not know about the facts is dumb..

Talking like he did after hearing the facts, he is beyond stupid..

Lets hope it is just dumb..

Try shocked that an NFL organization could be so stupid.

Lets see your reaction when your company brings in all new management and wants to replace you with Cleveland Rocks.

MOtorboat
03-10-2009, 08:19 PM

Lets see your reaction when your company brings in all new management and wants to replace you with Cleveland Rocks.

Please.

claymore
03-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Please.

Please make love to you, Kiss you, what?

Lonestar
03-10-2009, 08:23 PM

been there done that and the share of market went into the tiolet.. I worked a sweet heart edeal cause they knew the new guy was not well liked.. I still got paid so screw them.. He was not CR..

Got alot of calls from former employees begging me to come back. I was happy kicking back spending time with my kids..

claymore
03-10-2009, 08:24 PM
been there done that and the share of market went into the tiolet.. I worked a sweet heart edeal cause they knew the new guy was not well liked.. I still got paid so screw them.. He was not CR..

Got alot of calls from former employees begging me to come back. I was happy kicking back spending time with my kids..

So your saying the company that screwed you was stupid, and you are the only one that benefited?

DenBronx
03-10-2009, 08:30 PM
bowlen: (calling cutler) *rinnnnng* *rinnnnnng* cmon dick head pick up the phone. *rinnnnng* oh for gods sakes would you answer the phone. *rinnnng* son of a....

cutlers answering machine: hi this is jay, i cant come to the phone right now because its the offseason and im on vacation. if this is an emergency you can...well, it will have to wait because everyone i care about actually came with me on vacation. *beeeeeeeep*

bowlen: hi jay this is pat. man we need to talk. im sure you have seen the news by now and i just want to touch base to clear the air. mckids really being a little bitch about the whole thing too. ok jay, get some sun. talk to you when you get back.

(2 days later)
bowlen: dammit it's been 2 days....i really wanted to know what he thought about all of this*rinnnnng* not again....why dont you ever answer? *rinnnng* wtf man!!! *rinnnnng* i swear im going to rip doogies nuts off.....

cutlers answering machine: hi this is jay, i cant come to the phone right now because...well im on the trading block and id rather stay on vacation another week and sulk a bit. *beeeeeeeep*

bowlen: oh for gods sakes jay...i love you man. why dont we hog tie doogie down and draw circles around his nipples....

MOtorboat
03-10-2009, 08:38 PM
bowlen: (calling cutler) *rinnnnng* *rinnnnnng* cmon dick head pick up the phone. *rinnnnng* oh for gods sakes would you answer the phone. *rinnnng* son of a....

cutlers answering machine: hi this is jay, i cant come to the phone right now because its the offseason and im on vacation. if this is an emergency you can...well, it will have to wait because everyone i care about actually came with me on vacation. *beeeeeeeep*

bowlen: hi jay this is pat. man we need to talk. im sure you have seen the news by now and i just want to touch base to clear the air. mckids really being a little bitch about the whole thing too. ok jay, get some sun. talk to you when you get back.

(2 days later)
bowlen: dammit it's been 2 days....i really wanted to know what he thought about all of this*rinnnnng* not again....why dont you ever answer? *rinnnng* wtf man!!! *rinnnnng* i swear im going to rip doogies nuts off.....

cutlers answering machine: hi this is jay, i cant come to the phone right now because...well im on the trading block and id rather stay on vacation another week and sulk a bit. *beeeeeeeep*

bowlen: oh for gods sakes jay...i love you man. why dont we hog tie doogie down and draw circles around his nipples....

Or:

Bowlen: Hey Jay, this is Pat Bowlen. You need to call us. You are over-reacting. We got called and said no. You know you're our quarterback. You know you're the man. We fielded some offers, we thought about them, and clearly you're the best option.

(2 days later)
bowlen: dammit it's been 2 days....i really wanted to know what he thought about all of this*rinnnnng* not again....why dont you ever answer? *rinnnng* wtf man!!! *rinnnnng* ....

Bowlen: This is bordering on insubordination. You need to call us now. I am not happy.

In return: silence.

DenBronx
03-10-2009, 08:41 PM
why do you gotta steal my thunder mo? :lol:

MOtorboat
03-10-2009, 08:41 PM
why do you gotta steal my thunder mo?

Because I can.

chazoe60
03-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Has our beloved football team turned into some sort of Jr High School girls basketball team?

What the phickin phick is up with the drama? Either break up or put out, quit with the rough hand jobs you mind phickers

DenBronx
03-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Because I can.

how would you feel if your boss phone in on a holiday to ask about your TPS reports or your flair?

getlynched47
03-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Has our beloved football team turned into some sort of Jr High School girls basketball team?

What the phickin phick is up with the drama? Either break up or put out, quit with the rough hand jobs you mind phickers

that's what it sounds like........some freakin baby shit drama

MOtorboat
03-10-2009, 08:48 PM
how would you feel if your boss phone in on a holiday to ask about your TPS reports or your flair?

I'd work harder.

tubby
03-10-2009, 08:52 PM

Ya WTF?

Buff
03-10-2009, 08:57 PM
Mod fight.

DenBronx
03-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Around The Web
Cutler, McDaniels make first step towards perestroika

Posted: Around The Web | Adam Rank | Tags: Denver Broncos, Jay Cutler, Josh McDaniels, Matt Cassel, Pat Bowlen

CBS 4 Sports in Denver is reporting that Jay Cutler finally spoke with Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and owner Pat Bowlen on a conference call on Monday for the first time since the quarterback’s name surfaced in trade talks last week.

The trio, however, did not sit down to talk about Dancing with the Stars or spring break vacation plans. Instead, the station reports that McDaniels laid down the law with Cutler, saying that he wasn’t shopping the quarterback, but warning that all players on the roster are open for evaluation. The Broncos were rumored to be interested in former Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel who was eventually traded to division-rival Kansas City.

Cutler has been nursing some bruised feelings in the past week and the station went on to say that he refused to return calls from Bowlen until Monday’s conference call. Cutler is expected to join the team Monday as the club commences voluntary offseason workouts.

TXBRONC
03-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Around The Web
Cutler, McDaniels make first step towards perestroika

Posted: Around The Web | Adam Rank | Tags: Denver Broncos, Jay Cutler, Josh McDaniels, Matt Cassel, Pat Bowlen

CBS 4 Sports in Denver is reporting that Jay Cutler finally spoke with Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and owner Pat Bowlen on a conference call on Monday for the first time since the quarterback’s name surfaced in trade talks last week.

The trio, however, did not sit down to talk about Dancing with the Stars or spring break vacation plans. Instead, the station reports that McDaniels laid down the law with Cutler, saying that he wasn’t shopping the quarterback, but warning that all players on the roster are open for evaluation. The Broncos were rumored to be interested in former Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel who was eventually traded to division-rival Kansas City.

Cutler has been nursing some bruised feelings in the past week and the station went on to say that he refused to return calls from Bowlen until Monday’s conference call. Cutler is expected to join the team Monday as the club commences voluntary offseason workouts.

Sounds to me like they made some progress.

BeefStew25
03-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Its like after I beat the shit out of my wife. Half the battle is just sitting down and being civil and addressing each person's issues.

TXBRONC
03-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Its like after I beat the shit out of my wife. Half the battle is just sitting down and being civil and addressing each person's issues.

The reason I said that it seems to me that they made some progress is because is planning to be there for OTAs.

BeefStew25
03-10-2009, 09:22 PM
The reason I said that it seems to me that they made some progress is because is planning to be there for OTAs.

Kinda like when I make my court appointed 'anger management sessions'. I here you.

fcspikeit
03-10-2009, 09:23 PM
It says

also made it clear that all players are being constantly evaluated and could be traded if management thinks it will make the team better.

nothing more nothing less.
Anything else is speculation IN FACT UNLESS we know for sure, so is this comment..

Please lets not start this crap again..

If Jay starts whining again then lets worry about it.. till then give it a rest..

Are you telling me somehow Cutler doesn't fall under "All players" :confused:

fcspikeit
03-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Really? That's a new one on me, and that certainly hasn't been posted on this board.

Reports that Cutler reacted to were that Tampa and Detroit were offering first round picks in exchange for Cassel, and then in turn sending him to Denver for Cutler.

I think that's been well reported.

If you have an actual source saying it was a second, let me know, because I haven't read that one yet.

It most certainly was.. Please show me where any source said we offered them our 1st round pick?

The 2nd pick came from someone who supposedly had a source on the mane..

Sandy Clough of the 104.3 The Fan Reported Details of the Discussed Cutler trade (http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=574228&postcount=1)

"Now this went down before the Broncos released their statement this afternoon. Anyhow, Sandy cited a "very trustworthy" NFL source that the original deal that the Broncos were discussing was with Detroit and New England, and Tampa jumped in with a proposal after it fell through. He posed a few scenarios but he "reported" the one Denver wanted but New England backed out of at the last second was:

Denver trades Jay Cutler, #48 pick (2nd round) and #79 (3rd round)
Detroit trades #1 pick (1st round) and #20 pick (1st round)
New England trades Matt Cassel

Denver receives Matt Cassel, #1 pick (1st round) and #20 pick (1st round)
Detroit receives Jay Cutler and #79 (3rd round)
New England receives #48 pick (2nd round)

3 #1 picks (including the one they currently have)? That's a hell of a lot more compensation than was reported initially. How much credibility does Clough have?

red98
03-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Broncos' talk with Cutler goes sour
Trade rumors back to the fore
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels was part of a conference call Monday with disgruntled quarterback Jay Cutler.

According to an NFL source, the call left the quarterback believing that if the Broncos find the right deal, he will be traded between now and the NFL draft that begins on April 25.

Cutler was in Nashville when the call was placed. He was accompanied on the call by his agent Bus Cook. Broncos owner Pat Bowlen and general manager Brian Xanders also were part of the call.

Cutler has been irked since learning McDaniels tried to trade him to Tampa Bay nearly two weeks ago in a proposed deal that would have brought New England quarterback Matt Cassel.

McDaniels said he merely received calls on Cutler from other teams and

announced through a team spokesman last week that Cutler would not be traded. Period. And the statement added McDaniels and Cutler would meet this week, after Cutler returns from Nashville.

According to the source, Cutler entered the conference call believing any friction between the two parties would be resolved and the two sides would put the controversy behind them. Instead McDaniels told Cutler no one is untradeable and that the quarterback was expected to report for the team's offseason conditioning program that begins Monday.

According to the source, Cutler has not yet decided whether he will report Monday.

Mike Klis: 303-954-1055 or mklis@denverpost/com.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11882256

MOtorboat
03-10-2009, 09:29 PM
It most certainly was.. Please show me where any source said we offered them our 1st round pick?

LMAO!

Seriously. Do you even have any clue what you're talking about? Citing reports and yet not reading them?

LOL!

Fail.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11810112

BeefStew25
03-10-2009, 09:30 PM
So would Clady switch places with the other guy when Simms takes over?

MOtorboat

It wasn't our first pick, but clearly you are arguing semantics now, if you're going to take that approach.

red98
Looks like Xanders was on the call, so thats good.

I guess we'll find out more on Monday.

BeefStew25
LMAO!

Seriously. Do you even have any clue what you're talking about? Citing reports and yet not reading them?

LOL!

Fail.

Mo, easy on the personal stuff.

Shazam!
03-10-2009, 09:32 PM
RE: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11882256

I am getting sick of this ?!@#. I support Jay Cutler fully because I believe he has superior athletic ability and could be a star QB in this League. This ?!@# is really getting tiring. He is not John Elway or even in the stratosphere. There isn't a player on this team who's job won't be under scrutiny (maybe Champ.) The bottom line is he isn't even the best player on the Broncos right now in the sense at the best player at their respective position (again, Champ.) If this marriage will forever be damaged, Denver Broncos, please get as much for Jay as you possibly can. It simply is not worth this.

MOtorboat
03-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Mo, easy on the personal stuff.

I'm sorry, bief, but I do ask said poster if he read any of the articles before citing them. I think that's fairly relevant...

TXBRONC
03-10-2009, 09:35 PM
So would Clady switch places with the other guy when Simms takes over?

I wouldn't think so.

BeefStew25
03-10-2009, 09:37 PM
I'm sorry, bief, but I do ask said poster if he read any of the articles before citing them. I think that's fairly relevant...

Well be nice about it.

BroncoWave
03-10-2009, 09:37 PM
RE: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11882256

I am getting sick of this ?!@#. I support Jay Cutler fully because I believe he has superior athletic ability and could be a star QB in this League. This ?!@# is really getting tiring. He is not John Elway or even in the stratosphere. There isn't a player on this team who's job won't be under scrutiny (maybe Champ.) The bottom line is he isn't even the best player on the Broncos right now in the sense at the best player at their respective position (again, Champ.) If this marriage will forever be damaged, Denver Broncos, please get as much for Jay as you possibly can. It simply is not worth this.

Yeah, that deal we supposedly had in place with DET and NE is starting to sound better and better.

TXBRONC
03-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Yeah, that deal we supposedly had in place with DET and NE is starting to sound better and better.

Not by a long shot my young friend.

BroncoWave
03-10-2009, 09:43 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3968896

Source: Cutler, Broncos further apart By Bill Williamson
ESPN.com
Archive
After a contentious conference call between quarterback Jay Cutler and the Denver Broncos' brass on Monday, the situation has gone "from bad to worse", according to a source close to the situation.

The call was supposed to be a meeting of the minds between Cutler and the Broncos' brass, in particular new head coach Josh McDaniels. The two got sideways Feb. 28 when word broke that McDaniels, the former New England offensive coordinator who replaced Mike Shanahan after 14 seasons, engaged in discussions about acquiring Matt Cassel from the Patriots in a three-way trade. Cutler had maintained the Broncos initiated the talks. McDaniels publicly said he was approached about a deal.

The conference call was anything but genial and the two sides are now further apart than prior to it, the source said. The source said that the Broncos' tone of the conference call was as if Cutler created the situation by asking for the trade and not the other way around.

The source said McDaniels wouldn't confirm or deny whether the Broncos initiated the trade talks. The Broncos did, though, tell Cutler that every player on the team could be traded and he could be traded at any time. Still, Denver owner Pat Bowlen also stated in the conversation that Cutler will not be traded. The Broncos publicly said Cutler will not be traded last week as the Cutler trade frenzy was in full force.

After the phone call, Cutler, the source said, would rather be traded now if Denver isn't going to commit to him long-term. The source maintains Cutler was totally on board with McDaniels until the trade talks story broke and that trust is Cutler's biggest problem with McDaniels and the organization.

The source said Cutler is still mulling over whether he will show up for the team's offseason conditioning program, which begins Monday.

Bill Williamson covers the AFC East for ESPN.com.

BroncoWave
03-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Not by a long shot my young friend.

Why not? If these reports are true and Cutler is all but asking for a trade now, what better deal could we have gotten that the one between us, NE, and DET?

honz
03-10-2009, 09:45 PM

I was just gonna post this. Cutler is really making it hard to like him right now.

red98
03-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Does anyone doubt that the "source" for Burger Bill and Klis's articles is anyone other than that douche Bus Cook, Cutler's agent.

Jay is getting bad advice from that jerk. It's clear Bus wants an extension or trade so he can collect his commish. The douche gave Favre bad advice as well.

skycoyote
03-10-2009, 09:47 PM
So where's all this positive energy that McD is said to bring? I just do see it.

Shazam!
03-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Denver could have had an experienced QB who is not as talented as Cutler but familiar with the system and 3 1st Rd. picks. The defense could've been rebuilt in year One. This is just getting ridiculous, and Cutler is making it 10x worse. For all his physical talents, he is not Peyton Manning... He isn't over the franchise. He isn't John Elway. This is just insane. We all hate Phillip Rivers for his antics, Cutler is proving to be equally as bad by dealing with it like this. This is bad for all involved.

skycoyote
03-10-2009, 09:48 PM
I was just gonna post this. Cutler is really making it hard to like him right now.

Well McD is making it hard for me to like him right now.

MOtorboat
03-10-2009, 09:49 PM

How? He's doing his job.

Cutler is the whiny bitch.

honz
03-10-2009, 09:51 PM

Why? Because he thinks Cassell and 3 1st round picks may be more valuable than Cutler and 1 1st round pick?

topscribe
03-10-2009, 09:52 PM
You know what? Before McKiddie came in, the Broncos had the #2 offense in
the league and a happy Pro Bowl quarterback.

What do the Broncos have now? :tsk:

This punk adolescent coach has set the entire organization on its ear. I only
want one thing now: McDaniels gone! http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thannoyed-1.gif

-----

fcspikeit
LMAO!

LOL!

Fail.

I edited the thread into my post after I found it. I thought at first it was a source from the mane.. It doesn't change the fact you were dead wrong about that not being posted on this board.. In fact it had it's own thread and I'm pretty sure you posted in it :confused: :laugh:

*edit* By the way you failed big time with the quote! :coffee:

That report does not say we were going to offer NE "our" 1st round pick. It says we were going to offer them TB 1st round pick making the trade for Cassel basically strait up.. Did you even read it ?? :laugh:

Slick
*yawns*

Someone wake me when this high school bullshit is over. It's making it harder and harder to visit the forums.

Shazam!
03-10-2009, 09:53 PM
I would take Cassell and the #1 and #20 pick any day, not to mention Denver's #12. Sorry.

TXBRONC
03-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Why not? If these reports are true and Cutler is all but asking for a trade now, what better deal could we have gotten that the one between us, NE, and DET?

Because we wouldn't have a starting quarterback to begin with. I would be far from convinced that Simms would be the answer as well as drafting either Stafford or Sanchez.

honz
03-10-2009, 09:54 PM

want one thing now: McDaniels gone! http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thannoyed-1.gif

-----
...and an 8-8 record to go along with 1 playoff win in 10 years.

TXBRONC
03-10-2009, 09:55 PM
I would take Cassell and the #1 and #20 pick any day, not to mention Denver's #12. Sorry.

Cassel is not option.

BroncoWave
03-10-2009, 09:55 PM

-----

So we can let Cutler know that he's bigger than the team? That's a great idea! :rolleyes:

Cutler needs to grow up and realize that McDaniels is the coach and it's his way or the highway.

You claim like it when people "tell it like it is" and that seems to be exactly what McD did and Cutler decided to go all crybaby about it again.

What has Cutler proven in this league that gives him the power to get his head coach fired because he's unhappy about being discussed in trades?

honz
03-10-2009, 09:57 PM
So we can let Cutler know that he's bigger than the team? That's a great idea! :rolleyes:

Cutler needs to grow up and realize that McDaniels is the coach and it's his way or the highway.

You claim like it when people "tell it like it is" and that seems to be exactly what McD did and Cutler decided to go all crybaby about it again.

What has Cutler proven in this league that gives him the power to get his head coach fired because he's unhappy about being discussed in trades?

Didn't Cutler say something like he "just wanted them to tell him the truth"? Well, apparently he can't handle the truth if these reports are true.

BroncoWave
Because we wouldn't have a starting quarterback to begin with. I would be far from convinced that Simms would be the answer as well as drafting either Stafford or Sanchez.

Matt Cassel would have come over in that deal so yes, we would have had a starting QB.

MOtorboat
I edited the thread into my post after I found it. I thought at first it was a source from the mane.. It doesn't change the fact you were dead wrong about that not being posted on this board.. In fact it had it's own thread and I'm pretty sure you posted in it :confused: :laugh:

*edit* By the way you failed big time with the quote! :coffee:

That report does not say we were going to offer NE "our" 1st round pick. It says we were going to offer them TB 1st round pick making the trade for Cassel basikly strait up.. Did you even read it ?? :laugh:

I posted that the second round pick was reported? Really. Let me know where that happened to.

Again, semantics. I asked you why New England would turn down a first round pick for a second round pick for Cassel? And you responded with telling me I don't know what I'm talking about because WE didn't offer our first round draft pick. You don't know what you're talking about. Flat out.

BroncoWave
03-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Cassel is not option.

The point we are making is that we SHOULD have made that deal last week when it was on the table since it appears that Cutler wants to be traded anyway.

underrated29
03-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Maybe i missed something but where/ when did jay say he was above the team. And where/when has jay been a whiney bitch?

I didnt read through all 20 pages of posts, so maybe its in there, but i am guessing it is not. Just how exactly is he being a whiney bitch or above the team???? i am not seeing it anywhere. or in any quotes either.

Shazam!
03-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Cutler has talent... So does Stafford. He's looking more like a whiny little ?!@# everyday. A new Coach comes in and everyone is up for evaluation. If trading the QB would make the team better then it is an option. This is ridiculous.

TXBRONC
Matt Cassel would have come over in that deal so yes, we would have had a starting QB.

No what we would have had was a guy was a back up quarterback who never even seen the field had Brady not gotten injuried.

Requiem / The Dagda
Cutler is a bitch. Trade his ass. I'm for it.

TXBRONC
03-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Cutler has talent... So does Stafford. He's looking more like a whiny little ?!@# everyday. A new Coach comes in and everyone is up for evaluation. If trading the QB would make the team better then it is an option. This is ridiculous.

Sorry, if you have legitmate starting quarterback and trade him, you stand a very good chance of shooting yourself in the foot.

topscribe
03-10-2009, 10:03 PM

The issue would never have come up, had McKiddie left the #2 offense in the
league alone and concentrated in the worst defense in the league. It would
never even have come up.

And don't tell me what I claim. Stop making me the issue, as you usually do.
If you have to do that, don't respond to me. I'm getting sick of this.

Cutler has expressed he wants to be here, and he was happy here before
McKiddie came along.

-----

BroncoWave
03-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Cutler is a bitch. Trade his ass. I'm for it.

I'm almost at this point as well. If he comes to his senses and decides he'd like to play for the Broncos this season, I'd love to keep him, but if he doesn't want to play here anymore, ship his ass out. I don't want anyone on this team who doesn't want to be here.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-10-2009, 10:04 PM
To state that Josh McDaniels hasn't made defense a priority this off-season is disingenuous.

Magnificent Seven
03-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Updated: March 10, 2009, 10:40 PM ET

Source: Cutler, Broncos further apart

After a contentious conference call between quarterback Jay Cutler and the Denver Broncos' brass on Monday, the situation has gone "from bad to worse", according to a source close to the situation.

The call was supposed to be a meeting of the minds between Cutler and the Broncos' brass, in particular new head coach Josh McDaniels. The two got sideways Feb. 28 when word broke that McDaniels, the former New England offensive coordinator who replaced Mike Shanahan after 14 seasons, engaged in discussions about acquiring Matt Cassel from the Patriots in a three-way trade. Cutler had maintained the Broncos initiated the talks. McDaniels publicly said he was approached about a deal.

The conference call was anything but genial and the two sides are now further apart than prior to it, the source said. The source said that the Broncos' tone of the conference call was as if Cutler created the situation by asking for the trade and not the other way around.

The source said McDaniels wouldn't confirm or deny whether the Broncos initiated the trade talks. The Broncos did, though, tell Cutler that every player on the team could be traded and he could be traded at any time. Still, Denver owner Pat Bowlen also stated in the conversation that Cutler will not be traded. The Broncos publicly said Cutler will not be traded last week as the Cutler trade frenzy was in full force.

After the phone call, Cutler, the source said, would rather be traded now if Denver isn't going to commit to him long-term. The source maintains Cutler was totally on board with McDaniels until the trade talks story broke and that trust is Cutler's biggest problem with McDaniels and the organization.

The source said Cutler is still mulling over whether he will show up for the team's offseason conditioning program, which begins Monday.

Requiem / The Dagda
I'm almost at this point as well. If he comes to his senses and decides he'd like to play for the Broncos this season, I'd love to keep him, but if he doesn't want to play here anymore, ship his ass out. I don't want anyone on this team who doesn't want to be here.

I wonder what the market is like for primadonna quarterbacks with diabetes? Colonial Penn is probably all over this.

fcspikeit
Broncos' talk with Cutler goes sour
Trade rumors back to the fore
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels was part of a conference call Monday with disgruntled quarterback Jay Cutler.

According to an NFL source, the call left the quarterback believing that if the Broncos find the right deal, he will be traded between now and the NFL draft that begins on April 25.

Cutler was in Nashville when the call was placed. He was accompanied on the call by his agent Bus Cook. Broncos owner Pat Bowlen and general manager Brian Xanders also were part of the call.

Cutler has been irked since learning McDaniels tried to trade him to Tampa Bay nearly two weeks ago in a proposed deal that would have brought New England quarterback Matt Cassel.

McDaniels said he merely received calls on Cutler from other teams and

announced through a team spokesman last week that Cutler would not be traded. Period. And the statement added McDaniels and Cutler would meet this week, after Cutler returns from Nashville.

According to the source, Cutler entered the conference call believing any friction between the two parties would be resolved and the two sides would put the controversy behind them. Instead McDaniels told Cutler no one is untradeable and that the quarterback was expected to report for the team's offseason conditioning program that begins Monday.

According to the source, Cutler has not yet decided whether he will report Monday.

Mike Klis: 303-954-1055 or mklis@denverpost/com.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11882256

It's pretty clear Klis believes McDumbass tried to trade Cutler..

The only reason this shit is still going on is because Mc#@#$%$ is a worthless piece of shit!

underrated29
03-10-2009, 10:07 PM

\
When did he say he didnt want to play here????

i read that he said he would rather be traded now then later if he is not in the longterm plans of the broncos. However, that is not saying he does not want to play here.

I would also happen to agree with him, if my job, or my football career had a situation that i was not in their long term plans i would want to go somehwere where i was. Somewhere where i can get settled in, get in a groove and have some job security.

MOtorboat
03-10-2009, 10:07 PM
never even have come up.

-----

It has NEVER been proven that he was shopped. They fielded phone calls. They said no. The No. 2 offense got us all the way to nothing.

You are not the issue. I am sick and tired of every time you are disagreed with you play this card. You are not the issue. You weren't to begin with, and you make yourself so. Again. Get over yourself. You do this so you can't complain to mods. It's old. It's tired. Stop it.

BroncoWave
03-10-2009, 10:08 PM
never even have come up.

-----

Yes, McDaniels should have totally left the #16 scoring offense in the league completely as it was! BTW, the trade with us, NE, and DET had a chance to make our D MUCH better with those draft picks while still landing us a QB who has been successful in McD's system.

As for me telling you what you claim, you have said a million times on here that you like for people to be honest and tell it like it is. That seems to be EXACTLY what McDaniels did in this conference call and you are unhappy with that. If you're going to be inconsistent in your arguments, expect to be called out on it.

I'm not making YOU the issue, I'm making your hypocritical arguments the issue.