PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow has big fan in ESPN’s Sean Salisbury

Denver Native (Carol)
02-01-2012, 05:43 PM
INDIANAPOLIS — Finally, I found him. A person qualified to critique NFL quarterback play who thinks Tim Tebow has what it takes to become a bona fide NFL quarterback.

“Tim Tebow has got what I can’t teach: A winner and leader,” said former NFL quarterback and ESPN analyst Sean Salisbury. “We’ve got enough buttheads in this league who don’t know how to grab somebody by the throat and tell him to play. This kid does.

“Now, his mechanics are awful. Whoever taught him to yank his (front) arm through — I know it wasn’t Denver — did him a great disservice. It’s like trying to swim upstream. But I can promise you this: Give me four months with that kid and he’ll complete 60 percent of his passes next year. Because he wants to work. He’s one of those guys who stays the course.”

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/02/01/tebow-has-big-fan-in-sean-salisbury/12024/

NightTerror218
02-01-2012, 06:02 PM
I personally think there are a lot of QB coaches and OC who would love to work with Tebow.

The Glue Factory
02-01-2012, 06:07 PM
I personally think there are a lot of QB coaches and OC who would love to work with Tebow.

Which begs the question about why Tebow didn't seek them out last year during the lockout.

WTE
02-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Thread title refers to Sean Salisbury as ESPN analyst....

Sean Salisbury got fired from ESPN like 4 years ago for taking pictures of his junk and showing it off.

He was most recently a broadcaster for the Lingiere Football Leaqgue. They fired him too.

Sean Salisbury spent his entire NFL career as a back up QB.

That's one hell of a distinguished believer in Tim Tebow. :lol:

Ravage!!!
02-01-2012, 06:15 PM
I think there are a lot of guys that would like to work with Tebow, but would HATE to have their names attached to the responsibility of being the OC for Tebow.

Its easy to say that it would be nice to work with a great guy, that loves to put in effort, that likes to do as you say, and is a great leader. But then, its a COMPLETELY different story about wanting to ride your career on someone based just those attributes and not the ability to run a professional style offense.

Plus, I didn't even know Salisbury was still around. What rock did this guy crawl out from under? They pretty much ran him out of ESPN and any show he was on.

NightTerror218
02-01-2012, 06:15 PM
Which begs the question about why Tebow didn't seek them out last year during the lockout.

I think it is part of his ego, he thinks with his work ethic he can do it himself. I think that was his worst mistake he could have made. Just throwing with brother and lifting weights.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-01-2012, 06:27 PM

Sean Salisbury got fired from ESPN like 4 years ago for taking pictures of his junk and showing it off.

He was most recently a broadcaster for the Lingiere Football Leaqgue. They fired him too.

Thread title is the title that was on the article on Denver Post website.

BeefStew25
02-01-2012, 06:29 PM

If the Denver Post told you to jump off a cliff, would you?

JK Carol. How is the fam?

WTE
02-01-2012, 06:35 PM

Don't take it personal Carol. Everyone except you and DP knows Sean Salisbury was fired cuz he pic'd his dick.

OrangeHoof
02-01-2012, 10:10 PM
It's too bad. I thought Steak Boy was one of ESPN's weakest links.

wayninja
02-01-2012, 10:15 PM

Yeah. Gay ones.

nevcraw
02-02-2012, 04:13 AM
I think it is part of his ego, he thinks with his work ethic he can do it himself. I think that was his worst mistake he could have made. Just throwing with brother and lifting weights.

who says he didn't have a QB coach?

ShooterJM
02-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Side note: I bet 90% of all pictures taken by a cell phone involve someone's naked naughty bits.

vandammage13
02-02-2012, 10:47 AM
I think there are a lot of guys that would like to work with Tebow, but would HATE to have their names attached to the responsibility of being the OC for Tebow.

Its easy to say that it would be nice to work with a great guy, that loves to put in effort, that likes to do as you say, and is a great leader. But then, its a COMPLETELY different story about wanting to ride your career on someone based just those attributes and not the ability to run a professional style offense.

Plus, I didn't even know Salisbury was still around. What rock did this guy crawl out from under? They pretty much ran him out of ESPN and any show he was on.

McCoy nearly got the HC gig at Miami (despite being unqualified, IMO)....So I don't agree with your sentiment that coaches wouldn't want to be coordinators with Tebow as QB.

DenBronx
02-02-2012, 12:33 PM

He's just trying to get exposure with the media. The Broncos could care less about him.

Now if were talking about the same guy who said he could fix Tebow in 2 weeks, then yes were insterested.

Dapper Dan
02-02-2012, 12:34 PM
I wish Trent Dilfer would MMS his junk to someone, so they can get rid of him. I never had too much of a problem with Salsbury. 90% of the ESPN guys are wrong 60% of the time anyway.

Also, who hasn't send a dickpic to someone? Or is it just me?

Ravage!!!
02-02-2012, 12:46 PM
I like Dilfer. I think he's very good at what he does. Salisbury was just a dooosh

Ravage!!!
02-02-2012, 12:49 PM
McCoy nearly got the HC gig at Miami (despite being unqualified, IMO)....So I don't agree with your sentiment that coaches wouldn't want to be coordinators with Tebow as QB.

what does McCoy naerly getting the job in Miami have ANYTHING to do with what I said about coordinators not wanting the job of having an offense tied to Tebow???

McCoy is a candidate because he DID come up with a college offense that worked for a WHILE for Tim Tebow in the NFL. But the limitations that Tebow places on OC's is NOT something anyone would choose (nor want) to have to deal with unless they HAD to. McCoy didn't have a choice and he HAD to deal with it.

WTE
02-02-2012, 12:56 PM
I like Dilfer. I think he's very good at what he does. Salisbury was just a dooosh

I used to work w/ a woman who had a very nice ass and she met Sean Salisbury at a Super Bowl party in New Orleans back in 2002. She said Sean thought he would have no problem getting down her panties simply because he was Sean Salisbury.

She said he was such an arrogant douche and told him to F off.

Ravage!!!
02-02-2012, 01:04 PM
I used to work w/ a woman who had a very nice ass and she met Sean Salisbury at a Super Bowl party in New Orleans back in 2002. She said Sean thought he would have no problem getting down her panties simply because he was Sean Salisbury.

My favorite moment involving Salisbury is on the show he used to have with John Clayton. Of course, Salisbury constantly would throw out the "well I played in the NFL" every time Clayton was getting the better of him.

One time when Clayton wasn't agreeing with Sean, Sean pulled out the "well, I played ten years in the NFL and you didn't".... Clayton responded "yeah, and you still only have 2 more starts than I do."

The soda just flew out of my nose!! Salisbury's face was as red as a hydrant and boiling!

Dzone
02-02-2012, 01:40 PM
I respect Salisburys opinion. He was a good analyst before espn let him go.
He does tend to pop off at the mouth and he whined that other analysts who werent better than him were making more money at ESPN because of their ability to throw or catch a football.
Doing Lingerie Football league sounds like a pretty good gig. Wonder what he did to get canned from that job

nevcraw
02-02-2012, 02:45 PM
met him once at a bar in Chicago.. He was very down to earth and very sociable towards me and my buddies. Always liked Salsbury the analyst.. not a very good QB though.

wayninja
02-02-2012, 03:18 PM

I bet he referred to himself as Salisbury steak and asked her if she preferred gravy.

Dzone
02-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Heard Salisbury interviewed today at the Super Bowl. Is it me, or does this guy sound like he has a screw loose?

Npba900
02-02-2012, 08:04 PM

Tebow may also be a back up QB before his career is over as well:lol:

LRtagger
02-03-2012, 09:23 AM
I think it is funny how he used words like "grab" and "yank"

Dzone
02-03-2012, 10:19 AM
If she asks nice for a picture, shes going to get one