PDA

View Full Version : Broncos have 22 free agents they can try to re-sign or let go

Denver Native (Carol)
01-31-2012, 04:27 PM
from article:

Denver's unrestricted free agents are defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley, safety Brian Dawkins, tight end Daniel Fells, linebacker Mario Haggan, defensive end Derrick Harvey, guard-center Russ Hochstein, defensive end Jason Hunter, fullback Spencer Larsen, linebacker Joe Mays, defensive tackle Ryan McBean, kicker Matt Prater, quarterback Brady Quinn, guard Manny Ramirez, tight end Dante Rosario, wide receiver Eddie Royal, defensive tackle Marcus Thomas, cornerback Jonathan Wilhite, wide receiver Matthew Willis and linebacker Wesley Woodyard.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19854086

Ziggy
01-31-2012, 04:40 PM
Bring back Prater, Bunk, and Fells and I'll be happy.

SECOBroncosFan
01-31-2012, 04:42 PM
Prater and Bunkley are must haves

I would like to see Quinn brought back as well, but if he isn't I won't lose sleep

I think Royal will end up in Washington or Chicago

I think we will have a pretty healthy turnover in the roster this offseason

Denver Native (Carol)
01-31-2012, 04:43 PM
Bring back Prater, Bunk, and Fells and I'll be happy.

I definitely want Woodyard back as well, and also might need Hochstein back, just in case - which we already had a just in case this past season.

UnderArmour
01-31-2012, 04:49 PM
If we can't re-sign Prater we need to tag him. Period. Anything other than a new deal or a tag is a complete failure by this organization.

underrated29
01-31-2012, 04:59 PM
bunk, prater, woody and royal are all going to return and all must haves.

I would suspect that hagan, willis, ramirez, fells, mays and hunter also return.

nevcraw
01-31-2012, 05:04 PM
prater
bunk
woodyard
willis
_____

like to have royal and Larson back but with competition and Hagan as back-up.

LTC Pain
01-31-2012, 05:06 PM
Priority to re-sign are Bunkley, Prater and maybe Fells. It would be nice to have Woodyard, Thomas, Royal and Willis re-sign. The others can be replaced with FAs, UDFAs or through the draft. And, yes, I left Mays off the roster.

G_Money
01-31-2012, 05:06 PM
defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley - Keep
safety Brian Dawkins - Keep if he doesn't retire
tight end Daniel Fells - Keep
linebacker Mario Haggan - whatever
defensive end Derrick Harvey - gone
guard-center Russ Hochstein - gone
defensive end Jason Hunter - whatever
fullback Spencer Larsen - gone
linebacker Joe Mays - whatever, good special teamer
defensive tackle Ryan McBean - gone (goodbye stalker)
kicker Matt Prater - KEEP
quarterback Brady Quinn - gone
guard Manny Ramirez - gone
tight end Dante Rosario - whatever
wide receiver Eddie Royal - gone unless the contract is good
defensive tackle Marcus Thomas - keep
cornerback Jonathan Wilhite - gone
wide receiver Matthew Willis - whatever
linebacker Wesley Woodyard - KEEP

NightTerror218
01-31-2012, 05:45 PM
Prater, Bunkley, Fells, Royal, Haggen and Woodyard. I want back.

Thomas and Willis for depth. Dawkins would be nice if healthy.

broncobryce
01-31-2012, 06:15 PM
We can keep Royal if he wants to return as just a special teamer.

Slick
01-31-2012, 06:21 PM
I would change hochstein to whatever but other than that I agree with G.

Also, i noticed Goodman isnt a free agent so we might have to accept the fact that he and Champ might be starting at corner again next year.

If we can upgrade the front 7 in free agency and the draft, that actually doesnt bother me. Or maybe Harris beats Goodman out.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Denver Native (Carol)
01-31-2012, 06:35 PM
If Dawkins is healthy, and wants to play another year, I say keep him. His enthusiasm, etc., is very valuable.

BORDERLINE
01-31-2012, 06:41 PM
Prater, Bunk, Woodyard are worth keeping. Hoch for the right price why not. Everyone else is nobody's upgrade. Royal would have been really good at least on Punt returns but we rarely used him for that. WHY??, whatever he'll probably end up with Shanny in WASH.

bcbronc
01-31-2012, 07:19 PM
defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley - Keep
safety Brian Dawkins - Keep if he doesn't retire
tight end Daniel Fells - Keep
linebacker Mario Haggan - whatever
defensive end Derrick Harvey - gone
guard-center Russ Hochstein - gone
defensive end Jason Hunter - whatever
fullback Spencer Larsen - gone
linebacker Joe Mays - whatever, good special teamer
defensive tackle Ryan McBean - gone (goodbye stalker)
kicker Matt Prater - KEEP
quarterback Brady Quinn - gone
guard Manny Ramirez - gone
tight end Dante Rosario - whatever
wide receiver Eddie Royal - gone unless the contract is good
defensive tackle Marcus Thomas - keep
cornerback Jonathan Wilhite - gone
wide receiver Matthew Willis - whatever
linebacker Wesley Woodyard - KEEP

I'd change WW to whatever, but other than that exactly how I see it.

Also, i noticed Goodman isnt a free agent so we might have to accept the fact that he and Champ might be starting at corner again next year.

I don't mind Goodman on the roster, as long as it's in more of a veteran #4 role. He's not a starter anymore imo and I'll be pretty disappointed if EFX don't bring in an upgrade. Note to EFX, assuming Harris will step up and be ready to be a #2 opposite Champ is NOT sufficient.

NightTerror218
01-31-2012, 07:48 PM
I'd change WW to whatever, but other than that exactly how I see it.

I don't mind Goodman on the roster, as long as it's in more of a veteran #4 role. He's not a starter anymore imo and I'll be pretty disappointed if EFX don't bring in an upgrade. Note to EFX, assuming Harris will step up and be ready to be a #2 opposite Champ is NOT sufficient.

think of those players on the list as all of our depth. some are worth keeping just for depth and STs. As long as price is right.

spikerman
01-31-2012, 08:01 PM
To me, Thomas is "whatever". He's been around a while and has done nothing to distinguish himself. He's ok for depth, but not a starter.

dogfish
01-31-2012, 08:17 PM

particularly given that champ himself may move to safety in a year or two. . . we need some legit young talent in the secondary in the worst way-- if they make one real expenditure on an outside free agent, i want a good young corner. . .

as to our guys. . . i really want them to keep at least one of royal/willis, either one or two of woodyard/haggan/mays in that order, one of marcus thomas/mcbean (thomas, please), one of fells/rosario, and hopefully one of hochstein/ramirez/clark (preferably clark) as well. . . depth guys are depth guys-- and if we aren't going to upgrade, i prefer keeping some guys that already know our schemes and terminology. . . plus this team had unbelievable chemistry-- they played over their heads for each other, and in situations where the money's going to be similar, i'd rather keep as much of the current group together as possible. . .

i think bunk and prater are the top priorities, but i'd be happy to bring back royal, woodyard, thomas and fells as well. . .

SECOBroncosFan
01-31-2012, 08:39 PM
I get the feeling Champ isn't all that interested in moving to safety, but I hope he does to give him a few extra years in the league, ala Rod Woodson

Slick
01-31-2012, 09:24 PM
I still hope we spend more money on our front 7 then we do on our secondary.

If we pony up for a corner and stand pat or go to the bargain bin for front 7 help, i might bitch a little.

camdisco24
01-31-2012, 10:45 PM
I really think it would be good to keep Royal. I think as Tebow improves Royal will become quite useful as a package player with his speed and ability to carry out some sneaky plays. Plus the guy is money on special teams.

Chef Zambini
01-31-2012, 10:54 PM
I would change hochstein to whatever but other than that I agree with G.

If we can upgrade the front 7 in free agency and the draft, that actually doesnt bother me. Or maybe Harris beats Goodman out.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forumswe need to release goodman and politely explain thaT WE NO LONGER ACCEPT DOG-SHIT ON THIS TEAM.

Chef Zambini
01-31-2012, 10:56 PM
I really think it would be good to keep Royal. I think as Tebow improves Royal will become quite useful as a package player with his speed and ability to carry out some sneaky plays. Plus the guy is money on special teams.[B]

...as Tebow improves Royal will become quite useful as a package player [/B
yes, keep royal to play with tebow's package.

dogfish
01-31-2012, 11:12 PM
I get the feeling Champ isn't all that interested in moving to safety, but I hope he does to give him a few extra years in the league, ala Rod Woodson

the DP did an interview with him before the start of the season, and he said he's open to the move. . .

I still hope we spend more money on our front 7 then we do on our secondary.

If we pony up for a corner and stand pat or go to the bargain bin for front 7 help, i might bitch a little.

i want us to re-sign bunk, but beyond that investing in a middle linebacker is really the only need i can see us filling in free agency-- if we wanted to spend on D-tackle, we missed the boat last year, IMO. . . other than jason jones, i don't really see any three-techs on the market that i like significantly better than marcus thomas. . . if it were up to me, i'd go after a young vet corner, and prioritize the lines in the draft. . .

underrated29
02-01-2012, 12:09 AM
It seems people keep neglecting that woodyard is a team captain. He has great leadership. With Dawk having like a year left max, we basically have ZERO other leaders on defense.

DJ-ok i guess
Champ- is a leader by play
Doom-not so much either.

Woody is the only other one. For that reason alone we will be keeping him.

DenBronx
02-01-2012, 12:44 AM
Prater, Bunkley, Thomas and Woodyard are all priorities.

In that order.

dogfish
02-01-2012, 01:05 AM
It seems people keep neglecting that woodyard is a team captain. He has great leadership. With Dawk having like a year left max, we basically have ZERO other leaders on defense.

DJ-ok i guess
Champ- is a leader by play
Doom-not so much either.

Woody is the only other one. For that reason alone we will be keeping him.

i don't disagree with you about his leadership, but what happens if somebody offers him a good deal and a starting spot? you think we're gonna pay him starter's money to be a backup? or that he'd even want to come back and be a backup if he can start somewhere else? if we're going to invest any significant money at linebacker, it makes more sense to go after a starting MIKE (sorry G, i'm afraid they ain't tradin' DJ). . .

i like woody a lot and would love to have him back, but i don't think the odds are better than 50-50. . .

VonSackemMiller
02-01-2012, 05:23 AM

Champ said last year that hes not moving to safety for another four years. Charles woodson is who he needs to follow. He plays a ton of safety and is expected to move to safety full time this year with situational football at corner. Champ is still a good corner but he needs to start lining up all over the place. We truly just need moore to be what i think he is next year so guys like champ can gamble more. We also jeed pressure up the gut on qbs so we can get poorly thrown balls allowing the secondary to make plays.

VonSackemMiller
02-01-2012, 05:29 AM
We be crazy to trade dj williams unless they want nate irving there. Id rather focus on getting great dt play solineackers just flow to the ball.

spikerman
02-01-2012, 06:17 AM
Champ said last year that hes not moving to safety for another four years. Charles woodson is who he needs to follow. He plays a ton of safety and is expected to move to safety full time this year with situational football at corner. Champ is still a good corner but he needs to start lining up all over the place. We truly just need moore to be what i think he is next year so guys like champ can gamble more. We also jeed pressure up the gut on qbs so we can get poorly thrown balls allowing the secondary to make plays.

Bailey is going to be watching football from his La-z-boy in four years.

SOCALORADO.
02-01-2012, 09:00 AM
Bailey is going to be watching football from his La-z-boy in four years.

I saw that, and thought the same thing.
Man, some of that kids posts are just the most f-ed up, nonsense anyones ever read.

MOtorboat
02-01-2012, 09:49 AM
I guess I didn't look closely enough at that list the first time.

Dawkins is a UFA? I thought he had a four or five year deal...

NightTerror218
02-01-2012, 12:13 PM
I guess I didn't look closely enough at that list the first time.

Dawkins is a UFA? I thought he had a four or five year deal...

he restructured after it last year so that he was not a cap issues.