PDA

View Full Version : Laurinaitis

Dirk
03-09-2009, 12:21 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/11465767

I would take him in the first round if Raji isn't available!

DenBronx
03-09-2009, 12:28 PM
in a heartbeat. but were seriously lacking good de's, olb's. maybe go nt in round 2.

turftoad
03-09-2009, 12:29 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/11465767

I would take him in the first round if Raji isn't available!

I like Laurinaitis but the scouting report on him is that he needs a stout DL in front of him to keeps the opposing OL off of him for him to be effective.

We don't have a stout DL.

Thus, Mauluga is bigger and can shed blockers better. This is the reason I'd rather have Rey at #12 than James L.

Dirk
03-09-2009, 12:33 PM
I would take Rey too. I just hope we can snag Raji!!

rcsodak
03-09-2009, 12:42 PM
I've heard on Sirius NFL that Rey isn't a good pick for a 3-4 lb. But that his teammates would make for better ones.

LRtagger
03-09-2009, 12:43 PM
No thanks...JL is a 2nd round prospect pushed into the first because there is only one 1st round MLB on the board (Rey)....and the fact that he is coming out of OSU.

He wouldnt be a significant upgrade over Larsen IMO. Taking him at 12 would be foolish.

broncofaninfla
03-09-2009, 12:44 PM
I say this at the risk of getting flamed but I think Beckwith will turn out to be the best MLB/ILB out of this years draft.

underrated29
03-09-2009, 12:51 PM
AAhhh.

I cant see the link....

Who wants to be a hero and post it for me? I will give you a cupcake. Or maybe get the Frauline to post a frontal shot. i dont know, but i will try...

Without reading the article i really want rey rey at 12 and i believe that JL will make it to our pick in #2-but i doubt we take him there. I wouldnt mind it though.

Why do you think JL will be the best? I wont flame you just interested.

Devilspawn
03-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Laurinaitis was a first rounder two years ago, but too young. He slipped each of the last two years. The hype of who his father is has somewhat worn off, but he is still a solid player. I can't see him dominating as a lead linebacker.

It would be awesome if Green Bay drafted him. Their linebackers would be AJ Hawk and Animal, Jr. All they'll need is somebody named Spoiler and The Snake and they'll have the original Legion of Doom linebacking corp.

DenBronx
03-09-2009, 01:14 PM
rey is overated. he's not even the best linebacker from usc this year.

LRtagger
03-09-2009, 01:20 PM
rey is overated. he's not even the best linebacker from usc this year.

No, but he's still the highest rated MLB in the draft....I think both he and JL are overrated. I'll take a NT, DE, or OLB before either...hell i would probably take Moreno at 12 before either one of these guys.

Ziggy
03-09-2009, 01:28 PM
I'm not high on Laurinitis. He's slow on the field, he takes too long to diagnose plays, and he gets washed out too much. I think he's a Nate Webster clone. Hope I'm wrong on this one, because he has great character and a great work ethic from all reports. For those reasons alone, I hope he makes it at the next level, but I won't be too excited if the Broncos call his name on draft day.

drewloc
03-09-2009, 01:33 PM
AAhhh.

I cant see the link....

Who wants to be a hero and post it for me? I will give you a cupcake. Or maybe get the Frauline to post a frontal shot. i dont know, but i will try...

Without reading the article i really want rey rey at 12 and i believe that JL will make it to our pick in #2-but i doubt we take him there. I wouldnt mind it though.

Why do you think JL will be the best? I wont flame you just interested.

Here you go! :beer:

March 7, 2009
By Rob Rang
NFLDraftScout.com Senior Analyst
Tell Rob your opinion!

It's rare for a linebacker -- even an Ohio State linebacker -- to be the face of college football. But that's precisely what James Laurinaitis was for much of his career with the Buckeyes. Most football fans know Laurinaitis by name. Most are also aware that his father is Joe Laurinaitis, a professional wrestler who went by the character name "Animal" of the tag team The Road Warriors. And fans know of the tradition at linebacker at Ohio State, that becoming a star there and following in the footsteps of Randy Gradishar, Tom Cousineau, Chris Spielman and A.J. Hawk, among others, comes with immense expectations.

Laurinaitis has been labeled an overachieving, highly instinctive -- if marginally athletic -- linebacker whose rise to NFL glory was predestined the day he chose Ohio State.

And as it turns out, most would be wrong.

James Laurinaitis was an All-American for three consecutive seasons. (US Presswire)
It's hard to imagine Laurinaitis, the fifth player in NCAA history to earn AP All-American honors three consecutive seasons, was barely recruited out of high school. But only two Division I programs offered a scholarship -- his home state Minnesota Golden Gophers and the Buckeyes. It wasn't for a lack of prep achievement. Laurinaitis racked up 193 tackles, including 28 tackles for loss and five forced fumbles, on his way to leading Wayzata High School to the 5A Minnesota state championship game. He was the state's Defensive Mr. Football in 2004.

Why didn't more schools pay attention? Many thought Laurinaitis was going to be the next Wayne Gretzky.

Laurinaitis played hockey and baseball in addition to football in high school. He gave up baseball after his sophomore season, but continued to play hockey. By his senior season, he had been voted team captain and all-conference in one of the top hockey regions in the country. The US Junior National Team invited him to their practices in Colorado. He declined because that was time Laurinaitis wanted to dedicate to preparing for football. Laurinaitis does believe his hockey background pays dividends off the ice. "I think it helps a lot," Laurinaitis explained in a phone interview. "The thing with hockey, I was one of the bigger guys and I was forced to learn to take angles to cut off smaller, quicker guys. It helps you flip your hips. If you have to make a 180 degree turn, you really have to flip your hips. It is harder to do it on the ice than it is to do it on the football field."

His agility has many scouts intrigued with his upside as an outside linebacker. Though all 51 of Laurinaitis' career starts came at middle linebacker at OSU, his smooth footwork and relatively loose hips allow him to change direction quickly, prompting many teams to evaluate him as primarily as a weak-side linebacker. Comfortable and alert in coverage, Laurinaitis has nine career interceptions, more than Illinois' Vontae Davis (seven), one of the premier corners in the 2009 draft. At weak-side linebacker, Laurinaitis' time in the 40-yard dash becomes vitally important. Whereas his 4.80- and 4.81-second times on record at the combine are adequate for an inside 'backer, they also feed the perception that Laurinaitis' stock is slipping as the draft approaches. Like many prospects tested at the combine, Laurinaitis expressed surprise when he heard of the times broadcast by NFL Network. Athletes get immediate feedback from scouts on the field or from their agents shortly after finishing their workout, and those times can differ greatly from unofficial times that are broadcast. "The fastest time I heard for myself was a 4.68. The slowest I heard was a 4.76. To me, that is right about where teams expected me. I have run in the low 4.6s and that is what I was hoping for (at the combine), but with my pro day coming up, it gives me something to shoot for," Laurinaitis said.

"The thing is, there really isn't one exact 40 time anymore. There is the electronic time that some people are going by, but the scouts are probably going by their own times. I mean, if you have a scout who has been timing guys for 20 years, he's more likely to trust his own hand than what some machine says." Some have compared Laurinaitis to former Big Ten standouts Dan Connor and Paul Posluszny, Penn State stars who generated first-round buzz before their stock plummeted after disappointing workouts. Laurinaitis doesn't consider those comparisons fair. "They (Connor, Posluszny) were great players at Penn State. They're just starting in the league. I don't think you can judge a Big Ten linebacker or an Ohio State linebacker or anyone else based on the performance of other players who happened to have played there," he said. "One Ohio State guy coming out can be way worse or way better than the next one."

The comparisons remain valid and appropriate in the minds of some scouts. The same knocks that led to Connor and Posluszny slipping on draft day are causing some to wonder if Laurinaitis isn't a limited athlete whose eye-popping 366 career tackles weren't a product of his uncanny instincts. Considering that Posluszny, after missing most of his rookie season with a broken left arm, came back to lead the Bills with 110 tackles in his second season, the parallels aren't all negative. "He doesn't fit every scheme like some of the other guys this year, but you know what you're getting with him," one NFL general manager told NFLDraftScout.com. "(Laurinaitis) is a smart guy that you can throw the playbook at and know that he's going to be prepared from game one." Here's the talk in scouting circles: If Laurinaitis doesn't run better at Ohio State's March 16 Pro Day, he could slip out of the first round as Connor and Posluszny did. Is the ability to run on a track more important to some scouts than Laurinaitis' standout college career? "To me, it doesn't matter if you're a 4.7 or a 4.5," he said. "If you are a step slow in your first move to the line of scrimmage and the guard cuts you off, then it really doesn't matter how fast you ran in shorts."

Rob Rang is a Senior Analyst for NFLDraftScout.com, distributed by The Sports Xchange.

topscribe
03-09-2009, 01:37 PM
It seems the Broncos would be rolling the dice with either Laurinaitis or Maualuga.
I have seen enough first day busts at the position that it concerns me greatly.

What if they draft Laurinaitis, who then busts, and Maualuga goes on to stardom?
What if the reverse happens? One just never knows until the bullets start flying
on the field.

I might not throw too much of a tantrum if the Broncos were to approach the
Browns and say, "Hey, we'll give you our #12 for Rogers." Sounds stupid, I
know, but we would feel pretty good about it if both Laurinitis and Maualuga
busted, wouldn't we?

Well, so much for the ridiculous . . . :coffee:

-----

CoachChaz
03-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Rey will be a stud in a 3-4. This time of year every player loses a little luster because they are under a microscope and we see that they really arent as perfect as we'd like them to be.

Rey was only good because of his teammates? Who isnt better with good teammates? So put him in the middle with DJ or a solid Andra Davis and continue to put solid players around him. But either way, the guy is a player and will be a stud.

dogfish
03-09-2009, 02:25 PM
i just don't think JL has the bulk, functional strength or take-on ability at the point to make a very good 3-4 ILB. . . .

pass. . . .

LRtagger
03-09-2009, 02:48 PM
I think Rey will be a good pro...do I think he will be 12th best player in the draft good? No....but I would be much happier with him then I would with JL.

TXBRONC
03-09-2009, 03:15 PM
From the things that I have read, I don't think I would want to take a chance on JL in the first round. It looks to me like there are slew picks that woiuld better options.

OrangeHoof
03-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Laurinaitis sounds like something I would treat with Scope.

WARHORSE
03-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Laurinitis doesnt knock anyones head off, and in my book, thats what you want your MLB doing. He seemed stiff to me at the combine, and I predicted he would fall......significantly.

IF he runs better at his pro day.........and remember, theres been reported inaccuracy from the electronic timers that they had at the combine...........then a team will convince themselves hes gonna be a player.

I dont think that guy will be us though.

We arent looking for the prototypical MLB of a 4-3. I definitely think we will pick up one of the tweener DEs or bigger OLBs in order to play LBer if we pick that position there.....either:

Aaron Curry
Everette Brown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyX5mfb-eaA
Brian Orakpo
Clay Mathews

If we go LBer, I like these guys personally. I really think Mathews, with his pro football pedigree, is gonna be a Romo type of player.

Everette Brown is my first choice since I know Curry wont be there.

Magnificent Seven
03-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Broncos need to draft a stud LB. They have to get a new LB because they were weak and sank.

CoachChaz
03-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Laurinitis doesnt knock anyones head off, and in my book, thats what you want your MLB doing. He seemed stiff to me at the combine, and I predicted he would fall......significantly.

IF he runs better at his pro day.........and remember, theres been reported inaccuracy from the electronic timers that they had at the combine...........then a team will convince themselves hes gonna be a player.

I dont think that guy will be us though.

We arent looking for the prototypical MLB of a 4-3. I definitely think we will pick up one of the tweener DEs or bigger OLBs in order to play LBer if we pick that position there.....either:

Aaron Curry
Everette Brown
Brian Orakpo
Clay Mathews

If we go LBer, I like these guys personally. I really think Mathews, with his pro football pedigree, is gonna be a Romo type of player.

Everette Brown is my first choice since I know Curry wont be there.

I'd be happy with Brown or Maualuga. I do not like Orakpo's game. Saw him too many times and I'm just not convinced he translates into a Pro-Bowl type.

Matthews would be okay, but not at 12. Although his bloodline dictates he'll probably play for 40 years

turftoad
03-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Laurinitis doesnt knock anyones head off, and in my book, thats what you want your MLB doing.

This is why I like Mauluga.

I think it's more his game.

underrated29
03-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Yes! Yes! and more Yes! ^^

rcsodak
03-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Laurinaitis was a first rounder two years ago, but too young. He slipped each of the last two years. The hype of who his father is has somewhat worn off, but he is still a solid player. I can't see him dominating as a lead linebacker.

It would be awesome if Green Bay drafted him. Their linebackers would be AJ Hawk and Animal, Jr. All they'll need is somebody named Spoiler and The Snake and they'll have the original Legion of Doom linebacking corp.

Unless AJHawk is considered a difference maker, thus worthy of a #12 spot, Laurinaitis won't be either. Too much alike.

rcsodak
03-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Rey will be a stud in a 3-4. This time of year every player loses a little luster because they are under a microscope and we see that they really arent as perfect as we'd like them to be.

Rey was only good because of his teammates? Who isnt better with good teammates? So put him in the middle with DJ or a solid Andra Davis and continue to put solid players around him. But either way, the guy is a player and will be a stud.

When did Andra Davis become so good? By most accounts, he's 'adequate', at best. I'd take Winborn over him, myself.

dogfish
03-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Unless AJHawk is considered a difference maker, thus worthy of a #12 spot, Laurinaitis won't be either. Too much alike.

i actually think hawk was the better college player by a fair margin. . . .

WARHORSE
03-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Tell me Mathews doesnt fly to the ball.......

This guy looks far more dynamic than his teamates imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFi0o8GCM9c

And when he was playing, he always played like this.

His dad and uncle were mean, professional, back against the wall guys.

Hes a baller.

WARHORSE
03-09-2009, 04:40 PM
I'd be happy with Brown or Maualuga. I do not like Orakpo's game. Saw him too many times and I'm just not convinced he translates into a Pro-Bowl type.

Matthews would be okay, but not at 12. Although his bloodline dictates he'll probably play for 40 years

yeah, I agree about Matthews at 12, simply cause I believe he will be there later.

Probably 41 yrs.......:salute:

rcsodak
03-09-2009, 04:49 PM
This is why I like Mauluga.

I think it's more his game.

Too often relies on his explosive hitting to knock down ballcarriers, rather than wrapping up to make secure tackles.
Can anyone say "al wilson"?
He had the propensity to bounce off of the ball carrier, enabling a bigger play to occur.

Unless he has a nasty Samoan sack dance (0 his senior yr is troubling), I don't want him.

rcsodak
03-09-2009, 05:01 PM
And is RAji really "all that?"

Analysis
Positives: Flashes rare burst off the snap for a man his size and can penetrate into the backfield and disrupt the play without necessarily making the tackle. ... Good strength and mass at the point of attack to create a pile. ... Good short-area lateral quickness. ... Experienced. Missed the 2007 season due to academics, but leaves BC with 38 career starts. ... Locates the ball quickly and works to make the play. ... At his best lining up at the nose, though he flashes the initial burst off the snap to be effective as the under-tackle in the 4-3 alignment. ... Strong enough to pull down ballcarriers with just his arms. ... Arguably the single-most dominant player during the week of practice at the Senior Bowl.

Negatives: Marginal height for the position. ... Only adequate to shed blocks due to his short arms and lack of sustained quickness. ... Rare quickness in confined space, but lacks the speed to sustain and struggles to make an impact outside of the guard box. ... Flashes the burst off the snap for the three-technique (under tackle in the 4-3 alignment), but is only a marginal pass rusher. ... Relies on his initial burst off the snap and an occasional spin move to pressure. ... Reliable tackler, but lacks the balance and lateral quickness to break down and make the tackle in space. ... Most effective when operating as part of a rotation. ... Maturity is a concern. ... Has struggled with his weight, playing in 2006 at more than 350 pounds. ... Was suspended for the first half of the Clemson game in 2006 for throwing a punch at a Central Michigan player. ... Missed the entire 2007 season due to academics.

Wow...the more I read about him....ugh....maybe Top's right:trade for Rogers!

bullis26
03-09-2009, 05:50 PM
I've heard on Sirius NFL that Rey isn't a good pick for a 3-4 lb. But that his teammates would make for better ones.

haha no rey is a 3-4 linebacker, he would be horrible in the 4-3, laurinitis is a 4-3 he would be horrible in a 3-4....Rey is athletic, and James isnt end of discussion

bullis26
03-09-2009, 05:58 PM
When did Andra Davis become so good? By most accounts, he's 'adequate', at best. I'd take Winborn over him, myself.

winborn was a bum....Laurenitis will be good IMO in a 4-3, and rey i dont know how many sacks he had but i remeber him getting a sack fumble against Ohio state this year so he had atleast one, and MLB dont need to get sacks they dont blitz near as much they stuff the run more....mathews he'll be a great olb in a 3-4 2nd rd i wouldnt mind him but definately not 1st round.... Cushing could play 3-4 inside, outside or 4-3 outside i think he's best suited for 4-3 outside... he's the second most versatile player in this draft IMO behind Curry who could play any LB spot and prolly excel, wouldnt doubt he couldnt play 4-3 end either

EMB6903
03-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Some one is talking out of their ass again, Rey didnt record 1 sack his Senior year.

bullis26
03-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Overview
A more consistent playmaker than Keith Rivers -- selected 10th overall by the Bengals in 2008 -- Maualuga might be the most explosive hitter in the draft. Blessed with a prototypical combination of size and athleticism, Maualuga has the speed to beat the running back wide and the bulk to be a punisher on the inside. Maualuga impressed scouts with his ability to rush the passer during drills at the Senior Bowl and delivered six sacks as a junior (zero as a senior). His penchant for big plays in coverage make him one of the few inside linebackers of this class capable of playing all three downs. A three-time all-conference selection and 2009 All-American, Maualuga is a difference-maker worthy of a top-20 selection in the 2009 draft.

okay well he tackled the quarterback in the backfield thats ussually a sack but obviously you dont know what your talking about either rey isnt fast? according to NFL Scouting combine reports he is go to NFL.com scouting combine then maluga i know you love links ;)

EMB6903
03-09-2009, 06:09 PM
who doesnt know what they are talking about?

you said Rey had a sack this year.... all I said is he didnt, which he didnt

and Rey isnt fast, nor nearly as athletic as Keith Rivers..... Comparing the 2 is crazy, Keith Rivers is a much better prospect who had no weaknesses, unlike Rey who has several going into the draft.

bullis26
03-09-2009, 06:12 PM
who doesnt know what they are talking about?

you said Rey had a sack this year.... all I said is he didnt, which he didnt

and Rey isnt fast, nor nearly as athletic as Keith Rivers..... Comparing the 2 is crazy, Keith Rivers is a much better prospect who had no weaknesses, unlike Rey who has several going into the draft.

Ok thats why NFL scouts had that to say and i told you how to get there since you love links so much, so go check it out they agree with everything i had to say about him...notice they said he's a more consistant playmaker then rivers

turftoad
03-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Some one is talking out of their ass again, Rey didnt record 1 sack his Senior year.

That fine, but he did do this:

96 tackles/74 solos/37 tackles for loss/4 picks (2 for touchdowns)/2 fumbles recovered/1 kick return for TD. He recorded 79 tackles, 6 sacks, interception last season as a junior. He bench presses 385, squats 620 and has a 34-inch vertical jump. Maualuga carries a 3.1 GPA and has a 800 SAT..

MLB's arent big sack # guys anyway. 37 tackles for loss. :shocked: That's just nuts.

bullis26
03-09-2009, 06:17 PM

96 tackles/74 solos/37 tackles for loss/4 picks (2 for touchdowns)/2 fumbles recovered/1 kick return for TD. He recorded 146 tackles, 11 sacks, interception last season as a junior. He bench presses 385, squats 620 and has a 34-inch vertical jump. Maualuga carries a 3.1 GPA and has a 800 SAT..

MLB's arent big sack # guys anyway. 37 tackles for loss. :shocked: That's just nuts.

he actually only had 6 sacks junior year, but he is a beast but EMB doesnt agree he thinks he'd be a horrible pick when many people are saying he's a safe pick, and he thinks raji is great when many think he's a big risk

The people im talking about are Sportswriters

hotcarl
03-09-2009, 06:18 PM
all of you guys are awesome scouts - keep up the good work!

i'll break down the posters in this thread by category:
25% unemployed
23% really fat
20% legally insane
15% retarded
9% live in a cave
7% cant see
1% genius (im in this category and none of the rest of you are)

plus 90% of posters fit into multiple categories (except me i fit only into the genius one)

thanks again for the awesome work :welcome:

EMB6903
03-09-2009, 06:18 PM

96 tackles/74 solos/37 tackles for loss/4 picks (2 for touchdowns)/2 fumbles recovered/1 kick return for TD. He recorded 146 tackles, 11 sacks, interception last season as a junior. He bench presses 385, squats 620 and has a 34-inch vertical jump. Maualuga carries a 3.1 GPA and has a 800 SAT..

I dont know where you are getting these stats but he has never had 146 tackles as a junior

bullis26
03-09-2009, 06:19 PM

but damn 3 td's as a sernior and 37 tackles for a loss, those offensess he was playing must really have been slow, you EMB since Mauluga is SOOOOOOOOO SLOW! haha just because he gets hurt during his 40 and posts a bad time doesnt mean anything 40's are way overrated

EMB6903
03-09-2009, 06:22 PM

25% unemployed
23% really fat
20% legally insane
15% retarded
9% live in a cave
7% cant see
1% genius (im in this category and its a fractal so as the posts increase this percentage decreases)

plus 90% of posters fit into multiple categories (except me i fit only into the genius one)

Lets not argue about draft picks or anything about football because we arent experts and this guy said so....

is there an ignore feature on this site?

turftoad
03-09-2009, 06:22 PM

96 tackles/74 solos/37 tackles for loss/4 picks (2 for touchdowns)/2 fumbles recovered/1 kick return for TD. He recorded 79 tackles, 6 sacks, interception last season as a junior. He bench presses 385, squats 620 and has a 34-inch vertical jump. Maualuga carries a 3.1 GPA and has a 800 SAT..

There you go, I fixed/edited my post.

hotcarl
03-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Lets not argue about draft picks or anything about football because we arent experts and this guy said so....

yes, welcome to my ignore list

(fatass)

bullis26
03-09-2009, 06:24 PM

you dont have to comment, haha your just way wrong about Maluaga, feel free to not comment on that, that is your ignore feature

EMB6903
03-09-2009, 06:27 PM
he actually only had 6 sacks junior year, but he is a beast but EMB doesnt agree he thinks he'd be a horrible pick when many people are saying he's a safe pick, and he thinks raji is great when many think he's a big risk

The people im talking about are Sportswriters

Hes a safe pick, I never said he wasnt

drafting a Inside linebacker in the top 20 is a very safe pick, and he will produce for awhile... Do I think hes ever going to be elite? no way

why would I want to draft a lineabacker with the 12th overall pick when there is proof that you can get one that I think will produce just as well (Spencer Larson) in the 5th round?

Jasper Brinkley~~~~~~~>Rey Mauluga, just doesnt get all the Sportscenter hype you all love

EMB6903
03-09-2009, 06:30 PM
you dont have to comment, haha your just way wrong about Maluaga, feel free to not comment on that, that is your ignore feature

coming from the guy who talks out of his ass every day on this site to try and gain some credibility

still LMAO @ you saying Jenkins only had 6 tackles for loss on the year last year...

also Im still searching for where Mauluga had a sack this year.. I remember you said you knew you saw a sack/Fumble against Ohio State, can I get a link?

EMB6903
03-09-2009, 06:33 PM

ok... still wondering why these measurables were posted, they arent that impressive.

Compare Rey Mauluga's stats and measurables to the last "elite" MLB prospect in Patrick Willis and then get back to me...

bullis26
03-09-2009, 06:35 PM
obviously he didnt the quarterback was scrambling around i'd call that a sack but i guess they dont, see if you cant find it on youtube it was a pretty big hit, and on another one you said mauluga= biggest bust he is slow, unathletic, and i would hate him to be on my team....your the one talking our your ass when i get proof up here your opionion immediately changes....larsen anywhere as much production as rey haha NO! i like larsen and everything but nope Mauluga is a BEAST! and how many TFL did jenkins have since you know everthing, and 6 was through week 13....but this isnt about that send me a message im curious, but this thread is about Laurinaitis so if you dont have anything about him go to a new post

hotcarl
03-09-2009, 06:38 PM
ok... still wondering why these measurables were posted, they arent that impressive.

Compare Rey Mauluga's stats and measurables to the last "elite" MLB prospect in Patrick Willis and then get back to me...

*farts*

bullis26
03-09-2009, 06:39 PM
talkin out your ass again EMB Round 6, Pick 17 (183) (From Texans) Spencer Larsen OLB 6'2" 243 Arizona
Pick Analysis:Toughness is Larsen's forte. He's an inside linebacker and is not overly big or fast, but he's a good run-stuffer. He can't play in pass coverage but can come in during early downs. He is older at 25.
thought you said he was a 5th round pick, well http://www.nfl.com/draft/2008/tracker#dt-tab-set-1:dt-by-team/team-den that site right there they dont agree with you either(he was a 6th rounder) wow you want me to keep proving you wrong? get facts first
Mauluga is fast and athletic, can play during passing downs, larsen isnt those teams and isnt good in coverage

EMB6903
03-09-2009, 06:43 PM
What is the exact point you are trying to make Bullis???
Was it that we drafted Him LATER then I actually had posted (makes my case even better)

you keep making these posts that Im finding very difficult to read.

stay on point and Make sense bro!

bullis26
03-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Was it that we drafted Him LATER then I actually had posted (makes my case even better)

you keep making these posts that Im finding very difficult to read.

stay on point and Make sense bro!

nope your saying im talking out of my ass, and the last couple things you've said, you've been wrong on, and sorry i care about my grammer? haha NOPE not unless im getting a credit for it

hotcarl
03-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Was it that we drafted Him LATER then I actually had posted (makes my case even better) YOU ARE THE HATER
you keep making these posts that Im finding very difficudlt to reead.

stay on stop and see the point and Make sense you lieer i want to kill you!

you dont even make any sense anymore

you are the worst poster in the world :welcome:

EMB6903
03-09-2009, 06:49 PM
nope your saying im talking out of my ass, and the last couple things you've said, you've been wrong on, and sorry i care about my grammer? haha NOPE not unless im getting a credit for it

what have I been wrong about?

you helped make my case even more when you corrected me with Larsen being drafted in the 6th round, thats the only thing Ive said wrong

also, is Rey Mauluga an "ELITE" prospect in your eyes?

bullis26
03-09-2009, 06:50 PM
He soared 39 inches- patrick willis. wow he's said one thing right all day haha tottally agree with hot carl ....EMB you just know everything dont you? atleast you think you do

bullis26
03-09-2009, 06:51 PM
what have I been wrong about?

you helped make my case even more when you corrected me with Larsen being drafted in the 6th round, thats the only thing Ive said wrong

also, is Rey Mauluga an "ELITE" prospect in your eyes?

not in just my eyes in most peoples eyes read that scouting report i posted about him

EMB6903
03-09-2009, 06:53 PM
you dont even make any sense anymore

you are the worst poster in the world :welcome:

Thanks!

for real though mods is there any way to ignore a poster??

No time to read a post from somebody who doesnt talk football in a Broncos forum.

"YOURE THE WORST POSTER EVER!"

hotcarl
03-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Thanks!

for real tho mods is there any way to ignore a poster??

No time to read a post from somebody who doesnt talk football in a Broncos forum.

YOURE THE WORST POSTER EVER!

fyi you lunatic, "tho" is spelled "though" thanks in advance for using spell check next time. :welcome:

p.s. please stop attacking me

EMB6903
03-09-2009, 06:57 PM
not in just my eyes in most peoples eyes read that scouting report i posted about him

Who else has called Rey Mauluga a Elite prospect, what "expert" has said so?

Kiper?

Mayock?

Wright?

who??????

HE CAN SURE HIT HARD THOUGH SO HE SHOULD BE OUR #1<~~~~~ the reason half of you are on the Mauluga bandwagon

Tell me what he does GREAT other than that.

NameUsedBefore
03-09-2009, 07:00 PM
The only elite prospect is Aaron Curry.

All the others look pretty bust-able IMO, Laurinaitis especially.

hotcarl
03-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Who else has called Rey Mauluga a Elite prospect, what "expert" has said so?

Kiper?

Mayock?

Wright?

who??????

I will destroy you!!!! you have no idea how much i will kill you!!!!

**** OFF!!!!!!!!!

dude, knock it off

EMB6903
03-09-2009, 07:06 PM
The only elite prospect is Aaron Curry.

All the others look pretty bust-able IMO, Laurinaitis especially.

I agree hes the only one of the defensive side.... Overall I'd put Crabtree in that class as well.

hotcarl
03-09-2009, 07:09 PM
**** OFF YOU ******* ******** I HOPE YOU ALL DIE!!!!!

dude....:listen:

relax

bullis26
03-09-2009, 07:15 PM
hahaha hot carl.....but EMB look at his scouting report, i posted it earlier, and i even posted the link for you buddy ;) and all the mock drafts i've seen have had Maluaga going no later than the chargers which is pretty good....No question about the best player in this draft on defense(curry) but Mauluga isnt far behind he is the BEST 3-4 ILB prospect in this draft, but he's not versatile thats all he can play, Curry could play about any position on D, DE, OLB, ILB, MLB, 3-4 OLB, he's a beast

EMB6903
03-09-2009, 07:23 PM
I wouldnt put Mauluga in my top 5 list of defenders, I'd rather not draft any of the USC linebackers in the 1st but If I had to choose it would be Clay Matthews

Bullis, you just said Mauluga isnt versatile and he can only play in a 1 scheme yet you still would want to draft him at #12 overall?

LMAO!

hotcarl
03-09-2009, 07:27 PM
I wouldnt put Mauluga in my top 5 list of defenders, I'd rather not draft any of the USC linebackers in the 1st but If I had to choose it would be Clay Matthews

Bullis, you just said Mauluga isnt versatile and he can only play in a 1 scheme yet you still would want to draft him at #12 overall?

LMAO!

you are soooo insane :salute:

EMB6903
03-09-2009, 07:27 PM
you are soooo insane :salute:

Im in somebodys head...

you have been riding my jock for the last 5-6 posts... LMAO!

hotcarl
03-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Im in somebodys head... LMAO!

mods please ban "EMB6903" for sexual abuse tia

:welcome:

bullis26
03-09-2009, 07:40 PM

LMAO!

Ray Lewis wouldnt be good in a 4-3 or as a OLB 3-4 but who would take him in his prime? I sure hope nobody would... but let me guess your top 5 defenders are Curry, raji, brown, orakapo, jenkins
Raji will be a bust, Brown will be good but nothing like rey rey, orakapo same as brown, and jenkins will be just like antrel rolle
and you would like clay matthews over rey haha good look with that, rey has never been projected in the third rd, thats what matthews was until the senior bowl

EMB6903
03-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Ray Lewis wouldnt be good in a 4-3 or as a OLB 3-4 but who would take him in his prime? I sure hope nobody would... but let me guess your top 5 defenders are Curry, raji, brown, orakapo, jenkins
Raji will be a bust, Brown will be good but nothing like rey rey, orakapo same as brown, and jenkins will be just like antrel rolle
and you would like clay matthews over rey haha good look with that, rey has never been projected in the third rd, thats what matthews was until the senior bowl

alright im done with you after saying that BS

Ray Lewis won DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR in both a 3-4 scheme and a 4-3 scheme in Fact the best Ravens defense of alltime was 4-3 scheme with Siragusa and Sam Adams as DT's in 2000 when they won the superbowl... learn the game brother..... and have a nice life

Good Bye

bullis26
03-09-2009, 08:02 PM
alright im done with you after saying that BS

Ray Lewis won DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR in both a 3-4 scheme and a 4-3 scheme... learn the game brother..... and have a nice life

Good Bye

actually i jsut looked on google, through many different sites your somewhat right, there base defense was a 4-3 being played only 47% of the time, 4-4 being played 11% of the time, 5-2 being played 3% of the time, and 3-4 being played 39% of the time.....who knows what ray racked up those stats in, in 2000, he could've got a lot of stats from a 3-4, but i guess i was wrong with that.....but then Mauluga could also play in any of those because Rex Ryan thinks Rey is a Ray Clone, so who would not take Ray Lewis? If you like Lewis you'll like Mauluga, and no question what Ray has been more productive in, a 3-4 or a 4-3 definately a 3-4. But atleast we finally got rid of you, you've been wrong ever since i started posting, and will never admit it, i've been wrong a couple times, and i'll admit it every time

bullis26
03-09-2009, 08:08 PM
EMB you edit every single one of your posts get it right the first time

DenBronx
03-09-2009, 08:47 PM

25% unemployed
23% really fat
20% legally insane
15% retarded
9% live in a cave
7% cant see

you misplaced yourself.

.5% jerkoff

hotcarl
03-09-2009, 09:36 PM
you misplaced yourself.

.5% jerkoff

p.s. im gay

no i re-checked and as usual, you are wrong (and fat)

but welcome to the forums :welcome:

bullis26
03-09-2009, 09:45 PM
HOTCARL wins again

rcsodak
03-09-2009, 10:40 PM

Trying to cheat, huh? :tsk:

:D

rcsodak
03-09-2009, 10:47 PM

:eek:

PLEASE tell me "SD" doesn't mean S. Dakota! :shocked:

WARHORSE
03-10-2009, 01:15 AM

25% unemployed
23% really fat
20% legally insane
15% retarded
9% live in a cave
7% cant see

Youve been around forever and yet have managed only 50 posts........thats called slow thinking.

But if you want to file yourself into the genius category......go right ahead.

We're all just happy you spelled it right. :D

Dirk
03-10-2009, 07:24 AM
Trying to get back on topic...ha!

Laurinatitis is a work horse is all I am saying. His "attitude" is what I like best about him. I think with the proper support and coaching he will indeed make it and make it quite well.

As far as Raji goes. Just remember that Ryan Clady was redshirted in college and was thought of as being behind Long as the best OL in the draft. We all know how that turned out. Long is good but Clady is by far the better of the two OL-men. (but I would take Long on the other side :D ). I think that Raji's ability to stuff the run is worth the pick at 12. with his stature he reminds me of a Warren Sapp type.

But, as far as JL is concerned, we never know if someone is going to be a bust or not until that opportunity is given to them. I think there is a lot of "up-side" to JL. His athletic ability, speed and ability to zero in on the ball carrier is a great upside. He also has great tackling abilities. Not a "let me hit as hard as I can to knock the guy down" like Rey Rey. :tsk:

The combine is a place for these players to showcase their abilities. However, it's a "test". And some people, including myself, don't do well on "tests". :coffee:

We can only wait and see if he will be good or not. IMO, I would take the chance on either JL or Raji at #12.

On a side note, I must either be Insane or a Genius since I don't fall into any of the other categories. :cool:

Nature Boy
03-10-2009, 09:46 AM
Rey Maualuga is better!

http://www.wearescmedia.com/Photos/2006_04_09_Spring_Huddle/images/Huddle06_0670.jpg

http://www.trojanwire.com/images/rey-maualuga-58.jpg

threefolddead
03-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Ohio state defensive guys have not been translating well into the NFL as of the last few years. I don't trust that we can magically break that string of mediocrity from Ohio.

Nature Boy
03-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Andy Katzenmoyer sucked.

Superchop 7
03-10-2009, 02:17 PM
I am leaning James L's direction..... (but man what a drop-off from Curry)

He is a very nice player and a much safer pick than Raji (IMO)

It gives us an opportunity to shop pick 12 and drop a few spots and still snag him.

An extra player in this draft would be nice.