PDA

View Full Version : My Opinion about the Defensive signings

Dirk
03-09-2009, 07:23 AM
Ok, I know a lot of people are :confused: about the defensive signings that we have made so far. Myself including.

After sitting back and thinking about it for a while. Here is where I think we are going.

The people that we picked up are quality (if not past their prime) players.

Outside of picking up a good RB in the draft, we will probably sign a ton of defensive players at the positions that we all thought/know we need.

The veteran players that we signed not only have great skills at the positions they played, but can "teach" the Rooks what they need to learn over the next 2 to 3 years to be outstanding players at their positions.

Will we be in the SB this upcoming season. Doubtful. But you never know.

Will we be in the SB in the next 2 to 3 season? Very strong possibility.

I think that there is an actual "plan" here to get the defense on the right track with quality players that can learn from great/good players like Dawkins, Gafney(to learn the McKid way), Ronald Fields, Andre Davis.

The thing I can't figure out except for the fact we had quite a few (tier 4 RBs) on IR. I mean, c'mon. Buckhalter (Ok signing), Arriington (unless he is going to be the return man), Jordan (so-so).

Now I know that none of the above are spectactular signings, but they do bring in a lot of knowledge that can help out the rooks and others on the team that haven't had good quality coaching. Also they will bring some leadership that is much needed on the defensive side of the ball.

Anyway...my thoughts as I pondered this over the weekend while I was moving. :D