01-28-2012, 11:50 AM
LOL!!! Not!

ummm.. ditto?

hotcarl
01-28-2012, 11:52 AM
Hire pouncey

Dapper Dan
01-28-2012, 11:55 AM
JDR is tearing this defense apart. We've got to get rid of him and hire some name we haven't heard of. Oh, and HE'S LAZY.

MOtorboat
01-28-2012, 12:07 PM
How can you say that? He hasn't even coached a down.

Then again, I'm not sure why I'm required to like the hire?

Timmy!
01-28-2012, 12:27 PM
Worst dc ever!

Dapper Dan
01-28-2012, 12:45 PM
He's notorious!

slim
01-28-2012, 12:47 PM
JDR is tearing this defense apart. We've got to get rid of him and hire some name we haven't heard of. Oh, and HE'S LAZY.

Actually, it turns out that MO is right.

Dapper Dan
01-28-2012, 12:48 PM
Actually, it turns out that MO is right.

Who's Mo? And what's he right about?

slim
01-28-2012, 12:49 PM
Who's Mo? And what's he right about?

MO is the midget with the inside info.

pipes
01-28-2012, 12:49 PM
Tiki, per his agent, is flabbergasted.

Dapper Dan
01-28-2012, 12:53 PM
Is he gone yet? There's a DC at my local high school. He's a really promising up and comer. He shows up BEFORE 9 am.

jhildebrand
01-28-2012, 01:06 PM
I dind't know MO was a midget. Poor guy. Life has to be tough being short and in Misery er Missouri no less.

BroncoWave
01-28-2012, 01:26 PM
How can you say that? He hasn't even coached a down.

Then again, I'm not sure why I'm required to like the hire?

Who said you are required to like it? You're being called out because you are using incredibly weak reports and stats to back up your argument and have provided no alternative to the hire. Don't get mad when you have a weak ass argument that everyone easily tears apart.

MOtorboat
01-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Who said you are required to like it? You're being called out because you are using incredibly weak reports and stats to back up your argument and have provided no alternative to the hire. Don't get mad when you have a weak ass argument that everyone easily tears apart.

I wish it was weak...

Timmy!
01-28-2012, 01:36 PM
Mo, is it really that bad, or do u think he can coach the defense if fox and elway keep him on a tight leash?

BroncoWave
01-28-2012, 01:36 PM
I wish it was weak...

Enjoy your crusade.

NightTerror218
01-28-2012, 01:37 PM
people complain about his work ethic.......guess people didnt realize HE IS NOT THE HEADCOACH. He wont get away with that crap.

Chef Zambini
01-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Worst dc ever!I aprecciate the sarcasm, dripping with hot carl irony.

BroncoWave
01-28-2012, 01:43 PM
people complain about his work ethic.......guess people didnt realize HE IS NOT THE HEADCOACH. He wont get away with that crap.

You can't reason with people who are on a crusade.

nevcraw
01-28-2012, 11:11 PM
Moto is the poor man's Jr. That dude knew how to crusade..

Jack Mother F"ing Del Rio is going to make you his little leather clad gimp biatch!

Davii
01-29-2012, 12:03 AM
http://www.sbceo.k12.ca.us/~vms/carlton/EnglishReading/crusader%20knight.gif

BeefStew25
01-29-2012, 12:07 AM

Or have more info than you.

BroncoWave
01-29-2012, 12:14 AM

I read the Pete Prisco and Fred Taylor articles too.

sneakers
01-29-2012, 12:24 AM
He's a bum!

Bullgator
01-29-2012, 02:25 AM
Hire pouncey

both of them... and hernandez... and percy.... and B.Spikes.. Joe haden would be nice... just get the whole 2008 UF team in broncos gear and a SB would be assured.

Dapper Dan
01-29-2012, 02:30 AM
both of them... and hernandez... and percy.... and B.Spikes.. Joe haden would be nice... just get the whole 2008 UF team in broncos gear and a SB would be assured.

Most of all, get Eric Berry.

Jsteve01
01-29-2012, 08:57 AM

Love the cloak and dagger piece

TXBRONC
01-29-2012, 09:08 AM
Moto is the poor man's Jr. That dude knew how to crusade..

Jack Mother F"ing Del Rio is going to make you his little leather clad gimp biatch!

Mo is Jr's mini me.

chazoe60
01-29-2012, 12:15 PM
Fire him? Hell, let's kill him.

BroncoWave
01-29-2012, 12:34 PM

Kill him? Hell, let's mount his head to a spike and stick it right in the 50 yard line at Mile High!

chazoe60
01-29-2012, 12:40 PM
Kill him? Hell, let's mount his head to a spike and stick it right in the 50 yard line at Mile High!

Yes, as a warning to other DCs that we will not accept failure, even before a single practice session has been had. If work hard enough we can make it so no one would be dumb enough to accept a DC position from the Denver Broncos.

MOtorboat
01-29-2012, 12:43 PM
I like how you guys think.

BeefStew25
01-29-2012, 02:58 PM
I read the Pete Prisco and Fred Taylor articles too.

Wow, an insider.

sneakers
01-30-2012, 03:11 AM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwhj39oyNM1r4pam4o1_400.gif

dogfish
01-30-2012, 04:28 AM
is he gone yet?!

CrazyHorse
01-30-2012, 06:20 AM
Bring back Slowik!

nevcraw
01-30-2012, 10:36 AM
what's the Coyer up to these days...

TXBRONC
01-30-2012, 10:49 AM
is he gone yet?!

Not yet but he's on the edge.

NightTrainLayne
01-30-2012, 10:51 AM
Hypothetically, if someone actually worked in the Jaguars organization, would they be privvy to information about the head coach that maybe didn't make it out into the news outlets that we have access to?

I predict that Del Rio will work out fine as a DC working under John Fox as HC. But that doesn't mean he's a great guy, or even a highly motivated self-starter.

MOtorboat
01-30-2012, 11:08 AM
Damnit, sometimes I wish I could get my point across as well as NTL...

slim
01-30-2012, 11:14 AM
Hypothetically, if someone actually worked in the Jaguars organization, would they be privvy to information about the head coach that maybe didn't make it out into the news outlets that we have access to?

I predict that Del Rio will work out fine as a DC working under John Fox as HC. But that doesn't mean he's a great guy, or even a highly motivated self-starter.

I think you may be on to something.

BroncoNut
01-30-2012, 01:00 PM

the only point you ever seem to get across is the one on your head

catfish
01-30-2012, 01:28 PM
so far I haven't seen any improvement in the broncos D under Del Rio :)

msusc
01-30-2012, 01:50 PM
Yes, as a warning to other DCs that we will not accept failure, even before a single practice session has been had. If work hard enough we can make it so no one would be dumb enough to accept a DC position from the Denver Broncos.

Take that raiders! You steal our dc, we steal your coaching management philosophy!

BroncoWave
01-30-2012, 02:35 PM

Seriously. Did you see all the plays the NFC was making in the Pro Bowl when there were 4 Broncos on the field? Wouldn't have happened if our lazy-ass DC had coached them up better!

LTC Pain
01-30-2012, 02:46 PM

You wouldn't say that if TT was on defense :listen: :beer: :D

catfish
01-30-2012, 03:59 PM
You wouldn't say that if TT was on defense :listen: :beer: :D

actually I would claim that Tebows struggles at MLB were a product of poor play calling and lousy coaching. It's all Del Rio's fault! :lol:

hotcarl
01-30-2012, 04:03 PM

yes. YES!!

nevcraw
01-30-2012, 07:27 PM
so if I'm reading this correctly moto worked for the jags and is privy to insider info but can't share because its a secret... but sites a lame ass Prisco article to get his point across instead...
take ourselves too seriously much??

BeefStew25
01-30-2012, 08:15 PM
You read incorrectly.

LTC Pain
01-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Just checking in. Has Motorboat got JDR fired yet?

slim
01-30-2012, 08:21 PM
I have learned two things from this hire:

1. The definition of the "Peter Principle".
2. People are not interested in the truth.

MOtorboat
01-30-2012, 08:30 PM
Just checking in. Has Motorboat got JDR fired yet?

I've never stated that.

And trust me, the thread starter started this in jest and has since come around...that should tell you everything. If you're intuitive.

Nomad
01-30-2012, 08:36 PM
I guess I'm not in the loop but what did Del Rio do that was so bad? I can see if he got complacent towards the end and a don't-give-a-crap attitude or short timers disease, but what makes him not a great person? I'm curious.

nevcraw
01-30-2012, 08:45 PM
You read incorrectly.

your earlobes need vaginal rejuvenation.

nevcraw
01-30-2012, 08:55 PM

1. then he will automatically be a better DC than head coach. win/win
2. what's with all this BS about the truth we just want a good DC
3. the cloak and and dagger crap over a coordinator is rather queer.

Nomad
01-30-2012, 08:57 PM
1. then he will automatically be a better DC than head coach. win/win
2. what's with all this BS about the truth we just want a good DC
3. the cloak and and dagger crap over a coordinator is rather queer.

Yep!

Dapper Dan
01-30-2012, 09:31 PM
So JDR don't get Tebow, so Tebow goes out and gets JDR.
I had to make this a Tebow thread somehow. Like the others.

Is it true that JDR waited until today to come to Denver? Wow. What a lazy ass. I have faith that Tebow will teach him a good work ethic.

BroncoWave
01-30-2012, 09:34 PM
I guess I'm not in the loop but what did Del Rio do that was so bad? I can see if he got complacent towards the end and a don't-give-a-crap attitude or short timers disease, but what makes him not a great person? I'm curious.

I am wondering the exact same thing. I've heard a few posters say he is a "bad person" but not a single thing to back it up. Getting lazy toward the end of a job you are about to lose anyway and having a big ego don't make you a bad person.

LTC Pain
01-30-2012, 09:38 PM
I am wondering the exact same thing. I've heard a few posters say he is a "bad person" but not a single thing to back it up. Getting lazy toward the end of a job you are about to lose anyway and having a big ego don't make you a bad person.

That's not what Motorboat's divine guidance on the topic has taught us :):):)

MOtorboat
01-30-2012, 09:47 PM
Pretentious is and pretentious does.

Stop being douches for two seconds and realize there's something to Prisco's report.

That said, no one has ever said they don't want Del Rio to succeed. No one has ever said they won't be rooting for him. There are questionable issues in his past, both schematically as a coach and as well as a leader. That doesn't mean he's not humbled. It doesn't mean he is. And I have no idea how well he'll do in Denver and neither do you.

I dislike the hire, you don't. But don't act like complete **** sticks because you don't have the same perspective I do.

bcbronc
01-31-2012, 12:12 AM
Personally, I could care less about anything in Del Rio's past (assuming it doesn't include the word "diddle"). That goes for the good and the bad. I'll be "judging" him for what he does as a Bronco, that's it.

The same process that brought in Allen as a DC brought in Del Rio. Any character issues are offset by the fact he has worked under Fox before. I'm optimistic we'll continue to see our defense improve under JDR.

nevcraw
01-31-2012, 06:58 AM
Pretentious is and pretentious does.

Stop being douches for two seconds and realize there's something to Prisco's report.

That said, no one has ever said they don't want Del Rio to succeed. No one has ever said they won't be rooting for him. There are questionable issues in his past, both schematically as a coach and as well as a leader. That doesn't mean he's not humbled. It doesn't mean he is. And I have no idea how well he'll do in Denver and neither do you.

I dislike the hire, you don't. But don't act like complete **** sticks because you don't have the same perspective I do.

and your perspective means jack shit compared to Fox's. who picked up JDR without a seconds hesitation.. that told me volumes... the hire will be what it will be -- good or bad but it s clear Fox believes in him and JDR's history with defenses as a position coach, DC, and HC have has shown to be successful.

TXBRONC
01-31-2012, 08:22 AM

I'm interested in the truth but I don't think MO holds all the cards.

Chef Zambini
01-31-2012, 01:57 PM
Personally, I could care less about anything in Del Rio's past (assuming it doesn't include the word "diddle"). That goes for the good and the bad. I'll be "judging" him for what he does as a Bronco, that's it.

The same process that brought in Allen as a DC brought in Del Rio. Any character issues are offset by the fact he has worked under Fox before. I'm optimistic we'll continue to see our defense improve under JDR.

how much less could you care?

couldN'T care less implies a COMPLETE lack of concern.
could care less means there is some level of concern.
could NOT care less is what you were going for.

slim
01-31-2012, 08:10 PM
I'm interested in the truth but I don't think MO holds all the cards.

He doesn't and I don't think he ever claimed too.

However, he is aware of some events that took place....events that would make any reasonable person question Jack's work ethic.

It doesn't mean that he will fail as a DC. It just means that, at certain points in his coaching career, he was known to be lazy. It's really no different (IMO) for Jack then it is for anyone else. Once someone has been at a certain job for a fair number of years, they tend to become fat and lazy (content). It happens to a lot of people, regardless of industry.

That being said, I would guess that getting fired will light a fire under his ass and he will be ready to get to work. At least that is my hope.

Chef Zambini
01-31-2012, 10:49 PM
and your perspective means jack shit compared to Fox's. who picked up JDR without a seconds hesitation.. that told me volumes... the hire will be what it will be -- good or bad but it s clear Fox believes in him and JDR's history with defenses as a position coach, DC, and HC have has shown to be successful.BB also swooed down and re-hired JMCD, without hesitation... so that alone does not make JDR an unquestionable hire in my book. FWIW, I like JDR and think he will do a great job.
I hope he likes the rocky mountains and sticks around.

MOtorboat
01-31-2012, 11:01 PM
and your perspective means jack shit compared to Fox's. who picked up JDR without a seconds hesitation.. that told me volumes... the hire will be what it will be -- good or bad but it s clear Fox believes in him and JDR's history with defenses as a position coach, DC, and HC have has shown to be successful.

Pat Bowlen and Mike Shanahan are very intelligent men.

They've made bad hires.

Your faith in Fox and perspective also means jack shit.

Shut down the forum. Our opinions mean nothing...

DallasChief
02-01-2012, 12:02 AM

It's a good thing you don't rely on the written word to make your living.

bcbronc
02-01-2012, 01:30 AM
However, he is aware of some events that took place....events that would make any reasonable person question Jack's work ethic.

Bottom line, Del Rio could have sat at home and collected $5m. Instead, he's working and collecting $5m. I'm not sure what the secret events were, don't really care either tbh. One unsecret event I do know of, Jack Del Rio is doing this job for free. That says something.

Jsteve01
02-01-2012, 10:20 AM
He doesn't and I don't think he ever claimed too.

It doesn't mean that he will fail as a DC. It just means that, at certain points in his coaching career, he was known to be lazy. It's really no different (IMO) for Jack then it is for anyone else. Once someone has been at a certain job for a fair number of years, they tend to become fat and lazy (content). It happens to a lot of people, regardless of industry.

That being said, I would guess that getting fired will light a fire under his ass and he will be ready to get to work. At least that is my hope.

so you read the DelRio file that Beef's been alluding to?

I agree with your assessment that some people get fat. I would also assert that if you've been in the same position for a while and you feel like you've been busting your ass for the organization and you're not seeing reciprocation on their part (ie the boss man isn't providing you with the tools you need to succeed or paying your staff) It's not unfathomable that a guy would lose some of his fire.

nevcraw
02-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Pat Bowlen and Mike Shanahan are very intelligent men.

They've made bad hires.

Your faith in Fox and perspective also means jack shit.
Shut down the forum. Our opinions mean nothing...

atleast I know it.. that's why I said it wil be good or bad -- but based on the speed of hire and the history of the relationship, and the defensive qualities of the coach, it's more reasonable to conlude it to be a smart hire than a bad one b/c he was once known to do something lazy... net/net -- if you look at what Fox Knows and what Moto knows then the comparison becomes laughable. end of story.. Fox knows more about JDR than Moto.