PDA

View Full Version : Broncos hire Luke Richesson as their head strength and conditioning coach

Dapper Dan
01-27-2012, 10:34 PM
I found the news via Twitter:

“@Denver_Broncos: The Broncos also on Friday hired Luke Richesson as their head strength and conditioning coach...”
“@Denver_Broncos: Richesson spent the last three years as the Jaguars' head strength and conditioning coach. #Broncos”

Dapper Dan
01-27-2012, 10:34 PM
His wife is an Olympic Gold Medalist. Just sayin..

iLands
01-27-2012, 10:55 PM
In my five minutes of research, he is cash money.

There is much weeping on the Jags forums.
They claim he is one of the most innovative and respected S&C coaches.
He's also Brock Lesnar's S&C coach.

Seems to be a HUGE upgrade over what we had and possibly one of the best hires we could make.

GOGO EFX

cuzz4169
01-27-2012, 11:19 PM
Two great hires IMO. Luke Richesson is an animal!!!

DenBronx
01-27-2012, 11:21 PM
Wow, I'm impressed.

Hopefully this helps put an end to the injury trend that we have been plagued by for so many years.

EFX are really impressing with their choices of players and personel.

Well on our way to a SB win fellas!

chazoe60
01-27-2012, 11:25 PM
This looks like a home run from all he stuff I've been reading. Good job EFX

VonSackemMiller
01-28-2012, 12:02 AM
Thanks to jack del rio he came along. I love it. Jags players were always physically ready

SR
01-28-2012, 12:06 AM
He's also Brock Lesnar's S&C coach.

Nothing to be proud of there...

Maybe now the Broncos players won't pull so many muscles and tucker out 10 weeks in to the season.

dogfish
01-28-2012, 03:12 AM
awesome! i know jack shit about the guy, but i'm more than ready to let somebody else take a shot at it. . . the jags have always been tough and physical-- if we can duplicate those results, it would be a real help. . .

DenBronx
01-28-2012, 03:18 AM
The one guy I hope follow Jack Del Rio is MJD.

Our running game would be on a differant level.

Dzone
01-28-2012, 03:56 AM
Right on! This is exactly what we needed. Richessen is from Athletes Perfromance Institute. When Tuten was gone, I posted in another thread that we needed to raid that place of their best trainer. We may have gotten him! They are cutting edge in the field of sports training. Wow! Fantastic news! No reason now for those guys to leave and go to Arizona to train there. We might have one right here in Denver now!
http://stacktv.stack.com/Experts/Luke-Richesson-Training-Philosophy/Luke-Richesson-Training-Philosophy.html
http://www.athletesperformance.com/

bcbronc
01-28-2012, 04:17 AM
being cutting edge can sometimes be a double-edged sword

Dzone
01-28-2012, 05:02 AM
being cutting edge can sometimes be a double-edged sword
I prefer to say leading edge. Leaders in the field.

Canmore
01-28-2012, 08:53 AM
...Hopefully this helps put an end to the injury trend that we have been plagued by for so many years...

My thinking exactly. It was time for a change a couple of seasons ago. To many pulls in my opinion.

BeefStew25
01-28-2012, 09:20 AM
Not to be a wet blanket here, but someone check and see how many dudes went on the IR this year for the Jags. May or may not be related.

BigDaddyBronco
01-28-2012, 09:34 AM
Not to be a wet blanket here, but someone check and see how many dudes went on the IR this year for the Jags. May or may not be related.

I'm waiting for Zam to chime in about Tuten.

Northman
01-28-2012, 11:11 AM

Here is what i found, Denver actually had 2 fewer players out throughout the year. But the only thing i dont know is how many of Jax player's were starters and how many werent. There were a lot of names on Jax that i didnt recognize but that doesnt mean they werent starters.

Im pretty sure Session, Kampman, Roth, and Thomas are starts for Jax but the rest im not sure about. Here are the lists.

Cecil Shorts
Matt Roth
Mike Thomas
TJ Heath
Aaron Kampman
Willima Middleton
Terrance Knighton
Brock Bolen
Eben Britton
John Chick
Courtney Greene
Montell Owens
Clint Session
Jason Spitz
Derek Cox
Kassim Osgood

Eric Decker
Lonnie Paxton
Brian Dawkins
Knowshon Moreno
Virgil Green
Cassius Vaughn
Willis McGahee
Eddie Royal
Demaryius Thomas
Julius Thomas
Elvis Dumervil
Marcus Thomas
Ty Warren
D.J Williams

BeefStew25
01-28-2012, 11:30 AM
Jags had almost 30.

Northman
01-28-2012, 11:33 AM
Jags had almost 30.

I only saw 16 listed as actually out. Now, there were some that were questionable and doubtful but i didnt add any of them from either team because i wasnt sure if those individuals actually played or not.

BeefStew25
01-28-2012, 11:34 AM
I guess you don't have a search engine. Sheesh.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/31860/rtc-jaguars-have-put-27-on-injured-reserve

Northman
01-28-2012, 11:40 AM
I guess you don't have a search engine. Sheesh.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/31860/rtc-jaguars-have-put-27-on-injured-reserve

Didnt really need one, i use the actual source from NFL.com. :D

http://www.nfl.com/injuries?team=JAC

BeefStew25
01-28-2012, 11:45 AM
I think the injury report is different than the IR.

Dapper Dan
01-28-2012, 12:03 PM
Right on! This is exactly what we needed. Richessen is from Athletes Perfromance Institute. When Tuten was gone, I posted in another thread that we needed to raid that place of their best trainer. We may have gotten him! They are cutting edge in the field of sports training. Wow! Fantastic news! No reason now for those guys to leave and go to Arizona to train there. We might have one right here in Denver now!
http://stacktv.stack.com/Experts/Luke-Richesson-Training-Philosophy/Luke-Richesson-Training-Philosophy.html
http://www.athletesperformance.com/

Good point. I noticed that quite a few NFL players trained in Arizona.

MOtorboat
01-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Good point. I noticed that quite a few NFL players trained in Arizona.

They train there because when it snowed here in the Midwest last night, it was 75, sunny with no precip...

Dapper Dan
01-28-2012, 12:47 PM
They train there because when it snowed here in the Midwest last night, it was 75, sunny with no precip...

Indoor facilities..

BeefStew25
01-28-2012, 12:51 PM
And because most states in the center of the country suck.

Dapper Dan
01-28-2012, 12:57 PM
And because most states in the center of the country suck.

Arizona sucks.

MOtorboat
01-28-2012, 12:59 PM
Arizona sucks.

If I had a choice, I'd have a winter home there too.

slim
01-28-2012, 01:01 PM
Arizona sucks.

Whoa....slow down now.

BeefStew25
01-28-2012, 01:55 PM
Arizona sucks.

Keep all your meth in your state please.

G_Money
01-28-2012, 02:11 PM
Wow. Go Broncos! I'm actually a fan of his work and API in general. They are doing very interesting things.

Glad we're out of the 70s!

~G

Dapper Dan
01-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Keep all your meth in your state please.

Right. Because Arizona doesn't have a drug problem.

Chef Zambini
01-29-2012, 10:03 AM
I'm waiting for Zam to chime in about Tuten.i heard the chime as tuten went out the door.
so glad we kicked tuten in the chimes.
that dumbell tuten was dead weight for the organization, chimes, they are a changin' !
damn straight I would chime in on tuten, that dude was worthless!

Chef Zambini
01-29-2012, 10:09 AM
Here is what i found, Denver actually had 2 fewer players out throughout the year. But the only thing i dont know is how many of Jax player's were starters and how many werent. There were a lot of names on Jax that i didnt recognize but that doesnt mean they werent starters.

Im pretty sure Session, Kampman, Roth, and Thomas are starts for Jax but the rest im not sure about. Here are the lists.

Cecil Shorts
Matt Roth
Mike Thomas
TJ Heath
Aaron Kampman
Willima Middleton
Terrance Knighton
Brock Bolen
Eben Britton
John Chick
Courtney Greene
Montell Owens
Clint Session
Jason Spitz
Derek Cox
Kassim Osgood

Eric Decker
Lonnie Paxton
Brian Dawkins
Knowshon Moreno
Virgil Green
Cassius Vaughn
Willis McGahee
Eddie Royal
Demaryius Thomas
Julius Thomas
Elvis Dumervil
Marcus Thomas
Ty Warren
D.J Williams
the big question for me is how many hamstring and groin-pull in juries! and was there a trend at a specific position.
tuten knew jack squat about co0nditioning and flexability!
he was a simple minded lead head who just pumped weights!
he returned to college, NOT to get a degree in exercise physiology, but instead a masters in MARKETING, so he could sign on with sports supplements companies and supplement his income, NOT the overall health and physical well being of our players, TUTEN was shit he was a dettrament to our team
pee=wee herman would have been an upgrade !