PDA

View Full Version : Brady's coach sees similarities between Tebow and Pats QB

Denver Native (Carol)
01-27-2012, 04:37 PM
Just about everyone with an opinion on how the quarterback position should be played has been asked, at some point, to weigh in on Tim Tebow and his unconventional throwing mechanics.

Despite having plenty to talk about regarding his relationship with New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and his own quest for a kidney transplant, Tom Martinez, Brady's longtime personal quarterback coach, could not escape Tebowmania during a Friday radio interview with WQXI-AM in Atlanta.

Martinez initially used the topic of Tebow as an opportunity to compare the desire of the two quarterbacks to succeed. Brady, of course, will be starting in his fifth Super Bowl on Feb. 5. But the conversation slid to Tebow.

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d826616a0/article/bradys-coach-sees-similarities-between-tebow-and-pats-qb?module=HP11_headline_stack

MasterShake
01-27-2012, 05:21 PM
"Two weeks," Martinez said. "I could give him what I call correct mechanics in two weeks."

Get this ****** on the phone YESTERDAY ALREADY!

NightTerror218
01-27-2012, 05:48 PM
Get this mother****** on the phone YESTERDAY ALREADY!

I said the same thing, this link was posted in a Tebow thread earlier.

MasterShake
01-27-2012, 05:51 PM
I said the same thing, this link was posted in a Tebow thread earlier.

I'm really interested to see how much Tebow improves with the offseason. The first 4 to 6 games next year will be very telling IMO.

camdisco24
01-27-2012, 05:54 PM
I'm really interested to see how much Tebow improves with the offseason. The first 4 to 6 games next year will be very telling IMO.

Me too. There will be no excuse if we don't see improvement. Tebow has more riding on this offseason than anyone in the NFL imo.

One thing I hope they tell Tebow is to stop lifting and carrying SUV's around so much. I think that will actually improve his accuracy. Obviously this helps his ground game, but we need his air game if we're going to succeed with him.

But as the articles say, Tebow will do what is expected of him to find success. Can't wait to see if his effort pays offs.

NightTerror218
01-27-2012, 05:55 PM

I agree, IMO they better let him fling the pigskin in preseason games. I dont care if its second string or not. Let him work out any kinks he might have then he would playing 1st stringers at the beginning. It would be the best time to let him loose and put to use what he has learned.

jlarsiii
01-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Just like every other ego loaded coach. "Give me two weeks and I will polish that turd but good..."

Too bad the only similarities listed were their desire to play the game. I would be much happier with the comparison if we were talking about similarities in the actual QB skills between the two. Sadly, that will never be the case...

Edit: Hi from Japan btw. Jet lag is a nasty business...

VonSackemMiller
01-28-2012, 12:06 AM
Andy reid said the same thing.

hamrob
01-28-2012, 07:48 PM
Just like every other ego loaded coach. "Give me two weeks and I will polish that turd but good..."

Too bad the only similarities listed were their desire to play the game. I would be much happier with the comparison if we were talking about similarities in the actual QB skills between the two. Sadly, that will never be the case...

Edit: Hi from Japan btw. Jet lag is a nasty business...Now, this is funny stuff. Have you ever seen the tape of Tom Brady at the NFL combine??

He not only looked like a goof...his throwing mechanics were majorly flawed too. He had a noodle for an arm and his foot work was terrible.

If you ever get to see footage of him throwing it at the combine...play close attention. He was pretty bad. There was a reason he wasn't drafted until the 6th round...and it wasn't his production in College. He played pretty well at Michigan.

VonSackemMiller
01-28-2012, 08:43 PM
id seriously bring,this guy in,

tomjonesrocks
01-29-2012, 10:33 AM
I thought I heard Martinez was far to sick to travel. You'd be crazy not to want Tebow to work with him if he could--but I didn't think it was a possibility.

Also, didn't Martinez work with Elway earlier in his career? Perhaps John already has a good indication what needs to be taught to Tebow...

Can't like the quote where he disagrees with the mechanics Tebow was given (when they tried to rework his throwing motion season before last) though...would be interested to hear more on that.

spikerman
01-29-2012, 12:49 PM
Can't like the quote where he disagrees with the mechanics Tebow was given (when they tried to rework his throwing motion season before last) though...would be interested to hear more on that.

Yeah, that's the quote that got my attention too.

FanInAZ
01-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Imagine if Martinez did come in to fix TT's mechanics & he at least becomes a perennial PBer. This guy's stock would skyrocket. He would have created two such Pro-Bowlers, 1 of whom will be in the HoF. That HoFer was a 6th round draft pick that was expected to be a career back-up. The other would be a 1st round QB that many were expecting to be a bust. Both QBs have totally different styles of play. If he does turn TT into a PBer; then Martinez could charge premium rates to an army of young QB hopefuls begging for his tutelage.

Ravage!!!
01-29-2012, 06:01 PM
This guy didn't make Brady. Brady is Brady, and he is as good as he is purely because his head has it. His accuracy has it. Same with Manning. Do you think that the QB coach in Indy is to be credited for Peyton's success? The fact that Brady is as good as he is, is a credit to HIM... not anyone else. He slipped through the cracks and is a rare find. But Brady being drafted in the 6th round and becoming a HoF player is the odd duck.

VonSackemMiller
01-29-2012, 06:40 PM
Um sorry but manning was the number one pick for a reason, brady was a 6th round pick for a reason, he needed work, to say brady had it from day one is foolish. He clearly needed coaching and he got it.

MOtorboat
01-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Um sorry but manning was the number one pick for a reason, brady was a 6th round pick for a reason, he needed work, to say brady had it from day one is foolish. He clearly needed coaching and he got it.

Brady won the Super Bowl in his second season.

He had it.

Ravage!!!
01-29-2012, 06:47 PM

No. Brady slipping through the cracks happens. Brady had it from day one and is a success because of BRADY.. not because some magic coach turned him into something incredible.

Players slip through the cracks in drafts all the time. Marino had 5 QB taken in the FIRST ROUND ahead of him. He just did a small thing of taking his team to the Super Bowl his rookie season and endedup being the most prolific passer in NFL history (at the time).

Brett Farve. Going to tell me that Brett was Brett because of coaching?

Montana was a 4th round pick. I guess you are going to say that it was all the coaching that made Montana as good as he was?

Shannon Sharpe retired as the most prolific TE to play in the NFL and was drafted in the 6th round. All coaching?

Kurt Warner wasn't drafted. Vermeil left his name on the list of players that could be taken for FREE from the two expansion teams that were coming into the league, and NONE of them took him. He moved from team to team (was with the packer behind Favre once).... do you think that he got some MAGICAL coaching the year he took over for Trent Green while in St. Louis that made him into an amazing passer that he wasn't before?

No..he just had "something" once on the field that slipped through the cracks. It happens. Its rare, but it happens. Brady didn't become Brady because of a QB coach.

I can go on and on and on.

elwayisgod
01-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Give me a break!!! They already tried fixing his mechanics. It didnt work!!!! People this Martinez guy has one foot in grave. He cant come help. There are many other gurus out there. Steve Clarkson is one. He tried playing with Broncs back in day :)

broncohead
01-29-2012, 06:58 PM

A QB who only needs 1 year on the bench and starts his second year and wins a super bowl doesn't constitute a QB who "clearly needed coaching" to me

VonSackemMiller
01-29-2012, 07:03 PM
okay captain hindsights, lol brady had it from day one,, he never needed coaching, smh bunch of tools.

broncohead
01-29-2012, 07:06 PM
okay captain hindsights, lol brady had it from day one,, he never needed coaching, smh bunch of tools.

All players need coaching. Guess we dont know where your going with this.

tomjonesrocks
01-30-2012, 05:37 AM
From what I have read, Brady gives Martinez a lot of credit for his success...

NightTerror218
01-30-2012, 02:50 PM
This guy didn't make Brady. Brady is Brady, and he is as good as he is purely because his head has it. His accuracy has it. Same with Manning. Do you think that the QB coach in Indy is to be credited for Peyton's success? The fact that Brady is as good as he is, is a credit to HIM... not anyone else. He slipped through the cracks and is a rare find. But Brady being drafted in the 6th round and becoming a HoF player is the odd duck.

lame *** comment. Brady was a 6th for a reason. He was not great coming out of college and needed work. And Michigan is not a small school. He was not looked over. He just was not stellar in college.

SM19
01-30-2012, 06:15 PM
lame *** comment. Brady was a 6th for a reason. He was not great coming out of college and needed work. And Michigan is not a small school. He was not looked over. He just was not stellar in college.

There were definitely question marks on Brady. He was pretty thin and frail coming out of college (199 lbs his last season, 211 at draft time), lacked top arm strength, and didn't have great athleticism. Mechanics, accuracy, and ability to read defenses were not big concerns.

jlarsiii
01-30-2012, 06:53 PM
Now, this is funny stuff. Have you ever seen the tape of Tom Brady at the NFL combine??

He not only looked like a goof...his throwing mechanics were majorly flawed too. He had a noodle for an arm and his foot work was terrible.

If you ever get to see footage of him throwing it at the combine...play close attention. He was pretty bad. There was a reason he wasn't drafted until the 6th round...and it wasn't his production in College. He played pretty well at Michigan.

Hammy, you can't be serious? So those were what the coach was comparing between the two: bad footwork and a noodle arm??? No, he compared their desire to compete as the same.

I am pretty sure that everyone knows that you can't change a noodle arm to a rocket arm, otherwise it would never matter how strong or weak a kid was in college. That is a whole lot of fail for your noodle arm comment. Brady still has that "noodle arm" you claim he had at the combine. Sorry...

And his footwork wasn't that bad, at least no where NEAR as bad as Tebow's, so in effect you are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill in Brady's case.

I think it will be ironic that Brady, the 6th round pick that everyone missed on, we be playing in his 5th super bowl (tying Elway's number of appearances) while Tebow, the 1st round pick (major project waste of a first round pick) will only ever appear at one in a commercial or in the stands if he has a ticket.

Brady wasn't drafted higher because people thought he was an immobile duck sitting in the pocket, a player who couldn't keep the starting job at Michigan which is always a red flag to draft evaluators.

BroncoStud
01-30-2012, 07:22 PM
I read a Tom Brady interview a long time ago where HE said in his first offseason with the Patriots Bill Belichik came and told him if he didn't get bigger, stronger, and more prepared then he wasn't going to last in the NFL. I think he gained like 20 lbs that offseason, Drew Bledsoe gets hurt that year, and here we are today. Brady had to work hard to get where he is.

His entire career at Michigan was a struggle to keep his job and the faith of the fans. His best NCAA game was probably his last when he beat Bama I think...

Brady has earned his spot through hard work much like Tebow will have to.

catfish
01-30-2012, 08:12 PM
I don't have a dog in this fight. Here is Brady's draft report

Notes: Baseball catcher and football quarterback in high school who was drafted by the Montreal Expos in the 18th round of the June 1995 baseball draft. Opted for football and redshirted at Michigan in '95. Saw limited action in '96 and '97 and started the past two years. Completed 3 of 5 passes for 26 yards, no touchdowns and one interception in '96, 12-15-103-0-0 in '97, 214-350-2,636-15-12 in '98 and 180-295-2,216-16-6 in '99, when he often shared time with super sophomore Drew Henson. Went all the way against Alabama in the Orange Bowl and completed 34-46-369-4. Unlike many Michigan quarterbacks, Brady is a pocket-type passer who plays best in a dropback-type system.

Tom Brady Positives: Good height to see the field. Very poised and composed. Smart and alert. Can read coverages. Good accuracy and touch. Produces in big spots and in big games. Has some Brian Griese in him and is a gamer. Generally plays within himself. Team leader.

Negatives: Poor build. Very skinny and narrow. Ended the '99 season weighing 195 pounds and still looks like a rail at 211. Looks a little frail and lacks great physical stature and strength. Can get pushed down more easily than you'd like. Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush. Lacks a really strong arm. Can't drive the ball down the field and does not throw a really tight spiral. System-type player who can get exposed if he must ad-lib and do things on his own.

Summary: Is not what you're looking for in terms of physical stature, strength, arm strength and mobility, but he has the intangibles and production and showed great Griese-like improvement as a senior. Could make it in the right system but will not be for everyone.[/

nflfan
01-30-2012, 11:08 PM
Wow, interesting draft report.

It makes mention of Griese a couple of times in a positive light. Makes me wonder if Griese would have become more of a success had he landed on Bellichick's Patriots.

Brady will retire as one of the greatest QBs ever, but for his skills set, I think he was in the right place at the right time, with the right system, and properly developed. If he started out in the wrong team, maybe he could've easily become Brian Griese, or worse, Alex Smith pre-Harbaugh.

Northman
01-31-2012, 07:07 AM
Actually, i would say Griese landed in a great position. Far better than Tebow had thats for sure. Problem with Griese was after the 2000 season he just fell off the map mentally.

weazel
01-31-2012, 01:57 PM
I don't have a dog in this fight. Here is Brady's draft report

Notes: Baseball catcher and football quarterback in high school who was drafted by the Montreal Expos in the 18th round of the June 1995 baseball draft. Opted for football and redshirted at Michigan in '95. Saw limited action in '96 and '97 and started the past two years. Completed 3 of 5 passes for 26 yards, no touchdowns and one interception in '96, 12-15-103-0-0 in '97, 214-350-2,636-15-12 in '98 and 180-295-2,216-16-6 in '99, when he often shared time with super sophomore Drew Henson. Went all the way against Alabama in the Orange Bowl and completed 34-46-369-4. Unlike many Michigan quarterbacks, Brady is a pocket-type passer who plays best in a dropback-type system.

Tom Brady Positives: Good height to see the field. Very poised and composed. Smart and alert. Can read coverages. Good accuracy and touch. Produces in big spots and in big games. Had Brian Griese in him and is a gamer. Generally plays with himself. Team leader.

Negatives: Poor build. Very skinny and narrow. Ended the '99 season weighing 195 pounds and still looks like a rail at 211. Looks a little frail and lacks great physical stature and strength. Can get pushed down more easily than you'd like. Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush. Lacks a really strong arm. Can't drive the ball down the field and does not throw a really tight spiral. System-type player who can get exposed if he must ad-lib and do things on his own.

Summary: Is not what you're looking for in terms of physical stature, strength, arm strength and mobility, but he has the intangibles and production and showed great Griese-like improvement as a senior. Could make it in the right system but will not be for everyone.[/

wow, those are two really personal tidbits that I didn't need to know.

catfish
01-31-2012, 03:00 PM
wow, those are two really personal tidbits that I didn't need to know.

possible contributed to his lower draft pick :)...he is the spokesman for UGGs

Ravage!!!
02-02-2012, 01:16 PM

Ok... so Brady didn't have "it"... its all the coaching he got from this Martinez guy.. really? You honestly believe that this Martinez coach is SOOOOOO good, that he took some awful QB and turned him into one of the best to ever play and did it in just ONE year while Tom was sitting behind Drew Bledsoe? Come one, get real and open your eyes.

I GET that Tom wasn't spectacular in college. Neither was Montana. Neither was Warner. But whatever is needed in the NFL to succeed.. Tom had it and HAS it.... period. Its not something that is taught. It wasn't something Martinez "showed" him. Tom just has it.... period. Thats what having "it" means. Its not coachable. Its not really explained or has a defnition and it doesn't always show up in college play.

There is a reason why lower round draft picks excel in the NFL and its NOT because some "coaching" turned them around into a HoF player. Terrell Davis did not become a HoF candidate RB because of Shanahan. If that were the case, so would every OTHER RB that was drafted under Mike.

Going by your reasoning, every QB that played great in college should perform great in the NFL. There are reasons why players can be fantastic/amazing college players and not do well in the NFL, just as there are reasons for the opposite. To try and say Brady is a PRODUCT of coaching alone, is ABSURD.

NightTerror218
02-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Ok... so Brady didn't have "it"... its all the coaching he got from this Martinez guy.. really? You honestly believe that this Martinez coach is SOOOOOO good, that he took some awful QB and turned him into one of the best to ever play and did it in just ONE year while Tom was sitting behind Drew Bledsoe? Come one, get real and open your eyes.

I GET that Tom wasn't spectacular in college. Neither was Montana. Neither was Warner. But whatever is needed in the NFL to succeed.. Tom had it and HAS it.... period. Its not something that is taught. It wasn't something Martinez "showed" him. Tom just has it.... period. Thats what having "it" means. Its not coachable. Its not really explained or has a defnition and it doesn't always show up in college play.

There is a reason why lower round draft picks excel in the NFL and its NOT because some "coaching" turned them around into a HoF player. Terrell Davis did not become a HoF candidate RB because of Shanahan. If that were the case, so would every OTHER RB that was drafted under Mike.

Going by your reasoning, every QB that played great in college should perform great in the NFL. There are reasons why players can be fantastic/amazing college players and not do well in the NFL, just as there are reasons for the opposite. To try and say Brady is a PRODUCT of coaching alone, is ABSURD.

If I need to open my eyes you need to pull your head out of your ass. Brady has an insane work ethic and he has been with his QB coach for years now. He was also a 18+ turnover QB his first 6 season as a starter. 2007 is when he became a great QB. He may have became a starter his second season but he did not become great right away. you need to learn to look shit up before spewing crap. As for his QB taking an awful QB, you are not awful if you are drafted into the NFL. That comment was one of the most ignorant and idiotic comments I have seen come from you in awhile. Every player drafted in the NFL has made skills and can excel. That "it" factor you refer to with Brady is his intense work ethic and will to improve. He was on the cusp of being cut to starter and then over years improve to great and future HOF QB.

wayninja
02-02-2012, 02:34 PM
The experts clearly wrong about Brady. But they are clearly right about Tebow.

Ravage!!!
02-02-2012, 05:16 PM
If I need to open my eyes you need to pull your head out of your ass. Brady has an insane work ethic and he has been with his QB coach for years now. He was also a 18+ turnover QB his first 6 season as a starter. 2007 is when he became a great QB. He may have became a starter his second season but he did not become great right away. you need to learn to look shit up before spewing crap. As for his QB taking an awful QB, you are not awful if you are drafted into the NFL. That comment was one of the most ignorant and idiotic comments I have seen come from you in awhile. Every player drafted in the NFL has made skills and can excel. That "it" factor you refer to with Brady is his intense work ethic and will to improve. He was on the cusp of being cut to starter and then over years improve to great and future HOF QB.

Ahhh. .Ok. This makes sense. I'm glad you went to the insulting route, since you have just made yourself look like a total dipshit with this assortment of comments. Now I don't have to point it out, you did it on your own. If you want to go down the insulting road, I'm game. But you aren't ready.

Going by your brilliant observation, Tom wasn't great until AFTER he won his 3rd Super Bowl rings? Gotcha. He was purely just working harder than everyone else and benefiting from some great QB coach. You are saying that the same Patriots team would have won those three Championships with Bledsoe behind center,. because after all, it's not Brady's innate ability to play that was contributing, but purely the coaching. After all, he wasn't good enough to be drafted earlier, so he MUST not have been very good. Oooooh kay. Makes sense. However confusing it may be, we can now all see the level of your football acumen. Thank you for sharing.

Here is some education for you. All great football players are great because they work hard. That's PART of what makes them great. Jerry Rice was considered the hardest working player in the game. But according to you, he didn't have anything special he just worked harder than everyone else. Barry Sanders was known for his incredibly hard "sand hill" workout regime in the offseason. I guess he wasn't great, but he just was apt to work the hill more than anyone else, making up for any lack of skill?

Kurt Warner wasn't drafted at all. Yet, when he got the chance to take the field, he ALllllllll of a sudden got the GREAT coaching from the QB coaches that he didn't get prior to being the starter? I mean, thats the only explanation, right? He wasn't good enough to get drafted. So it HAD to be the coaching he got from his QB coach. But that QB coach wasn't around until after Trent Green tore his achilles?

Good thing Donald Driver has the greatest WR coach in history, since he was just a lousy 7th round draft choice.

What about all the great college football players that didn't succeed in the NFL? They didn't succeed because they didn't have the same QB coach that Brady had?

Just to straighten things out, Tom Brady was not on the "cusp" of getting cut any more than any other player drafted. In fact, the offseason prior to their first Super Bowl win, Belicheck made the comment that the player he was MOST impressed with was the young kid they drafted,Tom Brady. This was before Tom started a single game. So to say he was on the "cusp" of getting cut is an inaccurate exaggeration.

Here's the thing you are COMPLETELY missing and don't get. Players can have a great game, but not have a great season. He can have a great season, and not have a great career. He can even have a GREAT career, but not be considered one of the all-time Greats. A player is ALWAYS judged on their entire body of work. To say that Tom Brady wasn't "great" back when he won Super Bowls but was "great" afterwards, is absurd. He's been GREAT throughout his career, which is why he's considered to be one of the ALL-TIME greats. He's not being judged on what he did after 2007 even though YOU don't think he was great. He's being judged on his ENTIRE body of work. If you don't understand that Tom Brady played great football prior to 2007, then I suggest you rummage through some CDs and go back and watch, because you missed some REALLY good football while you were still getting potty trained. Your comment just proved that you don't know what you are talking about and are just looking up stats on the computer. Once again, showing that stats alone, will make you look foolish.

EVERY player in the NFL has the skills to get there. Absolutely. But why didn't EVERY RB coached by Shanahan become as great as Terrell Davis? Mike Anderson was taken in the 6th round and coached by the same coaches. So if they both were only "good enough" (as you suggested with Tom Brady) to be drafted in the 6th round, coached by the same people, and played for the same team....why is one considered great and the other considered average at best? Could it be because where they are drafted means JACK SHIT in the scheme of things??

Tom Brady is great because Tom Brady is great. Of course every football player needs coaching, but no QB coach made him great. Belicheck had a QB that was considered on his way to the HoF in Drew Bledsoe, and went 5-11 with him the first season. Belicheck also failed in Cleveland with the likes of Testeverde. How many OCs have looked bad while coaching Brady? Any? How many have gone on to other teams to look like crap coaching other QBs?

So you must think the difference between Belicheck failing in Cleveland and the success he's shared with Brady, is the QB coach Martinez's, right? I mean, thats what you are saying. Brady was only good enough to be drafted in teh 6th round, doesn't have anything special other than hard work and the QB coach.

Gotcha.

NightTerror218
02-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Ahhh. .Ok. This makes sense. I'm glad you went to the insulting route, since you have just made yourself look like a total dipshit with this assortment of comments. Now I don't have to point it out, you did it on your own. If you want to go down the insulting road, I'm game. But you aren't ready.

Going by your brilliant observation, Tom wasn't great until AFTER he won his 3rd Super Bowl rings? Gotcha. He was purely just working harder than everyone else and benefiting from some great QB coach. You are saying that the same Patriots team would have won those three Championships with Bledsoe behind center,. because after all, it's not Brady's innate ability to play that was contributing, but purely the coaching. After all, he wasn't good enough to be drafted earlier, so he MUST not have been very good. Oooooh kay. Makes sense. However confusing it may be, we can now all see the level of your football acumen. Thank you for sharing.

Here is some education for you. All great football players are great because they work hard. That's PART of what makes them great. Jerry Rice was considered the hardest working player in the game. But according to you, he didn't have anything special he just worked harder than everyone else. Barry Sanders was known for his incredibly hard "sand hill" workout regime in the offseason. I guess he wasn't great, but he just was apt to work the hill more than anyone else, making up for any lack of skill?

Kurt Warner wasn't drafted at all. Yet, when he got the chance to take the field, he ALllllllll of a sudden got the GREAT coaching from the QB coaches that he didn't get prior to being the starter? I mean, thats the only explanation, right? He wasn't good enough to get drafted. So it HAD to be the coaching he got from his QB coach. But that QB coach wasn't around until after Trent Green tore his achilles?

Good thing Donald Driver has the greatest WR coach in history, since he was just a lousy 7th round draft choice.

What about all the great college football players that didn't succeed in the NFL? They didn't succeed because they didn't have the same QB coach that Brady had?

Just to straighten things out, Tom Brady was not on the "cusp" of getting cut any more than any other player drafted. In fact, the offseason prior to their first Super Bowl win, Belicheck made the comment that the player he was MOST impressed with was the young kid they drafted,Tom Brady. This was before Tom started a single game. So to say he was on the "cusp" of getting cut is an inaccurate exaggeration.

Here's the thing you are COMPLETELY missing and don't get. Players can have a great game, but not have a great season. He can have a great season, and not have a great career. He can even have a GREAT career, but not be considered one of the all-time Greats. A player is ALWAYS judged on their entire body of work. To say that Tom Brady wasn't "great" back when he won Super Bowls but was "great" afterwards, is absurd. He's been GREAT throughout his career, which is why he's considered to be one of the ALL-TIME greats. He's not being judged on what he did after 2007 even though YOU don't think he was great. He's being judged on his ENTIRE body of work. If you don't understand that Tom Brady played great football prior to 2007, then I suggest you rummage through some CDs and go back and watch, because you missed some REALLY good football while you were still getting potty trained. Your comment just proved that you don't know what you are talking about and are just looking up stats on the computer. Once again, showing that stats alone, will make you look foolish.

EVERY player in the NFL has the skills to get there. Absolutely. But why didn't EVERY RB coached by Shanahan become as great as Terrell Davis? Mike Anderson was taken in the 6th round and coached by the same coaches. So if they both were only "good enough" (as you suggested with Tom Brady) to be drafted in the 6th round, coached by the same people, and played for the same team....why is one considered great and the other considered average at best? Could it be because where they are drafted means JACK SHIT in the scheme of things??

Tom Brady is great because Tom Brady is great. Of course every football player needs coaching, but no QB coach made him great. Belicheck had a QB that was considered on his way to the HoF in Drew Bledsoe, and went 5-11 with him the first season. Belicheck also failed in Cleveland with the likes of Testeverde. How many OCs have looked bad while coaching Brady? Any? How many have gone on to other teams to look like crap coaching other QBs?

So you must think the difference between Belicheck failing in Cleveland and the success he's shared with Brady, is the QB coach Martinez's, right? I mean, thats what you are saying. Brady was only good enough to be drafted in teh 6th round, doesn't have anything special other than hard work and the QB coach.

Gotcha.

See you read too much into a comment and go off a tangent that is completely in the wrong direction and trying to twist the words i say. GREAT it does make you look bad though.

Nobody is going to argue that Tom Brady is great but you want to put word in my mouth that I say he is not. I know he is. He did not become amazing stats until 2007. You many think he was great in all his early early years but I think he came on in 2007 with increased completion percent, decreased TOs and increased TD throws that is just me. He won 3 super bowls, and had an amazing game in 2005. Also none of those games were won solely on his arm, all on the kickers leg cause all were by 3 points.

And NOT SHIT SHERLOCK every NFL player has SKILLS I just said that. But with bad coaches a player with skills can fail. And with the right coaches and player can excel.

I do think his QB coach had a lot to do with development. Brady even credits him. Who are you to argue with TOM " MOTHER *******" BRADY?

Ravage!!!
02-02-2012, 05:51 PM
I do think his QB coach had a lot to do with development. Brady even credits him. Who are you to argue with TOM " MOTHER *******" BRADY?

Yeah.. and Champ Bailey has given credit to every defensive coordinator we've had, saying that some of our worst, were some of the best he's worked with. What did you expect, for him to say something negative?

Of course he gives credit to his coach. What would you expect him to say "No, he didn't help me at all?" But then, I wouldn't really expect you to see much past whats written on paper for you.

NightTerror218
02-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Yeah.. and Champ Bailey has given credit to every defensive coordinator we've had, saying that some of our worst, were some of the best he's worked with. What did you expect, for him to say something negative?

Of course he gives credit to his coach. What would you expect him to say "No, he didn't help me at all?" But then, I wouldn't really expect you to see much past whats written on paper for you.

Yep Brady was born and then went into the NFL at 1 yr old because he has all the skill and never needed coaching.