PDA

View Full Version : Will you watch the Pro Bowl?

MOtorboat
01-27-2012, 10:28 AM
Will you watch the Pro Bowl Sunday?

What changes would you make to the game? Would you eliminate it? Do you like it the Sunday before the Super Bowl?

Personally, I'd move it to the city the Super Bowl was in...

NightTrainLayne
01-27-2012, 10:36 AM
I never have been able to get into the pro bowl. .. or any "All Star" type format game. I just plain don't care.

BORDERLINE
01-27-2012, 10:45 AM
What time does it start? What channel?

I might tune in but that's because I don't have sh** to do out here in Mexico.

WTE
01-27-2012, 11:05 AM
Here's how Pro Bowl rules are different:

* No motion or shifting by the offense
* Offense must have a tight end in all formations
* Offense can’t have 3 receivers on a side
* Intentional grounding is legal
* Defense must run a 4-3 at all times
* No press coverage except inside the 5 yard line
* No blitz
* Not allowed to rush a Punt, PAT or FG attempt (This is the dumbest)
* No calls can be challenged

Also, I heard beginning this year Tweeting by players during the game is allowed.

Dirk
01-27-2012, 11:30 AM
The PB is nothing more than a side show. I never watch it.

The game is supposed to showcase the "Elite" of the game and when they are there they can't play "Elite".

3 things...

1. Move the location from Hawaii. Only the locals or the well to do can go.
2. Make it after the SB again. The elite players that should be there (i.e. Brady) never go if they are in the SB.
3. They are football players, let them play football.

wayninja
01-27-2012, 11:32 AM
What time does it start? What channel?

I might tune in but that's because I don't have sh** to do out here in Mexico.

NBC, 7pm (eastern I think), Sunday.

I may watch if nothing else is on, but can't say I'm terribly interested. This game has always been a joke and the honor is in the nomination.

Thnikkaman
01-27-2012, 11:34 AM
Pro Bowl? What's that?

wayninja
01-27-2012, 11:37 AM
Pro Bowl? What's that?

It's where the pro's shit.

The Glue Factory
01-27-2012, 11:38 AM
I watched it when I was younger and wanted to see as much Bronco football as I could. After I grew up and had better things to do on PB Sunday I stopped bothering. Might as well take the helmets off and play flag football out there.

slim
01-27-2012, 11:39 AM
Eliminate the game. Nobody cares about it anyway.

At least they don’t have anything like a home run contest or dunk contest...those are really gay.

WTE
01-27-2012, 11:44 AM

At least they don’t have anything like a home run contest or dunk contest...those are really gay.

But it's the Harbaugh Bowl everybody wanted. :lol::lol::lol:

BORDERLINE
01-27-2012, 11:51 AM
NBC, 7pm (eastern I think), Sunday.

I may watch if nothing else is on, but can't say I'm terribly interested. This game has always been a joke and the honor is in the nomination.

ahhh I will have to stream it then. Whatever, i'm not doing anything SAT so at least I get to watch some of our Broncos for the last time in a LOOOOOOOOONG time

Thnikkaman
01-27-2012, 11:52 AM
I agree that they should stop playing it in Hawaii. I think they should play it in another country every year if they want to globalize American football.

OrangeHoof
01-27-2012, 12:11 PM
It's a pointless exhibition made even more pointless by keeping the Super Bowl players out of it. I almost think a "skills competition" would be more interesting than a watered-down game.

wayninja
01-27-2012, 12:16 PM

I'd rather seem some hokey, contrived, derby than the probowl. I think a distance FG competition and passing bomb contest or something like that could actually be somewhat novel. At least at first.

Still, more interesting than any given probowl.

Nick
01-27-2012, 12:18 PM
I haven't watched it since Sean Taylor went to Pro Bowl.

He reminded of a Pete Rose in all star game and giving it 110 percent.

Also I liked the skills competition the best and they got away from that.

They need to just get away from this.

vettesplus
01-27-2012, 12:24 PM
i would rather watch paint dry than watch the pb....

Denver Native (Carol)
01-27-2012, 12:33 PM
I may watch the first hour, then my tv will be on the Nuggets playing the Clippers, which starts at 6:00 MST.:elefant:

NightTerror218
01-27-2012, 02:36 PM
move to after the super bowl, since you are missing normally 10 of the pro bowlers who are playing in SB.

sneakers
01-27-2012, 04:44 PM
LOL I am watching the Pro Bowl and not the Super Bowl.

slim
01-27-2012, 04:51 PM
I'd rather seem some hokey, contrived, derby than the probowl. I think a distance FG competition and passing bomb contest or something like that could actually be somewhat novel. At least at first.

Still, more interesting than any given probowl.

At first it probably would be. Kind of like the dunk contest/3 point thingy. They used to interest me. But after a year or two, there is really no reason to keep watching.

NightTerror218
01-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Actually I will not watch the Pro Bowl or Super Bowl. I neve rwatch Pro Bowl because they play half speed. I will be on a plane on Super Bowl Sunday. My plane leaves at kick off.

Northman
01-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Not a chance.

Ravage!!!
01-27-2012, 06:33 PM
Never have, never will. I think its pretty much a joke. I find it funny when people complain or brag about a player's performance in a pro-bowl game considering the players don't even care about the game. Its just a fun time to hang with guys from different teams, yet some actually think of it as a real game.

I Eat Staples
01-27-2012, 06:51 PM
I'll tune in, but I won't watch it straight through. I love the NBA's all-star weekend and the MLB's all-star game and home run derby, but the pro-bowl is never enjoyable for me. I don't think I can get into an all-star game after the season.

Mr. Pro Bowl
01-27-2012, 08:00 PM
Well, this is my topic :D

Since I moved to Denver 7 months ago, and still struggling with the expense of it all, I will not attend the Pro Bowl for the first time since 1994.

Not sure how it is to watch it on TV - but guys...its a lot of fun being there.
There are 10 of us, guys from all over.

The players love to play @ Hawaii, the NFL players union has overwhelming voted to keep it in Hawaii. Its something special with a little tradition to have it on Oahu.

The most Pro Bowls I watched was of course after the super bowl. It was more relaxed, the season was over and everyone was taking a little vacation. Still we have had our share of replacements, but not like it is now.

I will watch it, depressed as I am - because I am not suppose to be here @ 28 degrees.

bcbronc
01-27-2012, 08:52 PM
I won't even play the Probowl on Madden, never mind watch it in the so-called real world.

BroncoWave
01-27-2012, 08:55 PM
I'll watch if I'm at home with nothing else to do, but I certainly won't plan my day around it.

CrazyHorse
01-27-2012, 11:05 PM
LOL I am watching the Pro Bowl and not the Super Bowl.

Yes, because at least a few Broncos players made the Pro Bowl. I'll probably watch it. I don't know why everyone hates it so much.

Mr. Pro Bowl
01-28-2012, 12:01 AM
Yeahhh.....one of my buddies got Champ's autograph today on a Pro Bowl mini helmet for me...

chazoe60
01-28-2012, 12:41 AM
Is it a football game? Is there at least one Denver Bronco playing in the game?

There's your answer.

Convalesce
01-28-2012, 12:48 AM
I agree with just taking the Pro Bowl away. It's not like they play football. And I wouldn't want them to. I don't want my best player to get injured (even though McFadden is ALWAYS injured.) 'cause he went to the probowl (a very pointless game in the first place. It's more of a way to send players to a free vacation, I mean it's not like they have enough money for a vacation.)

DenBronx
01-28-2012, 02:20 AM
I'll only watch if I'm home and have absolutely nothing to do and that includes not being able to play Call Of Duty because XBOX Live servers being down.

The Pro Bowl will never be worth watching until they make it mean something. Make these guys want to hit each other. I want to see the best of the best play their guts out. Then it will be fun to watch. But right now all I get to see is a bunch of rich babys enjoying the sun in Hawaii.

Canmore
01-28-2012, 08:42 AM
Yes, because at least a few Broncos players made the Pro Bowl. I'll probably watch it. I don't know why everyone hates it so much.

Me either. I know it's not a great game but still it's football and there is not much left.

Ravage!!!
01-28-2012, 02:36 PM
I'll only watch if I'm home and have absolutely nothing to do and that includes not being able to play Call Of Duty because XBOX Live servers being down.

The Pro Bowl will never be worth watching until they make it mean something. Make these guys want to hit each other. I want to see the best of the best play their guts out. Then it will be fun to watch. But right now all I get to see is a bunch of rich babys enjoying the sun in Hawaii.

That's never going to happen.

FlyByU
01-28-2012, 03:55 PM
Pro Bowl sucks they don't even play hard they just goof off for 4 qtrs and whoever has the most points wins duh LOL. Not worth watching...

chazoe60
01-28-2012, 04:13 PM
I actually enjoy the non-serious nature of the ProBowl. I like watching how all the guys from different teams interact and goof around. It's nice to see that they can all just have some fun and play the game without there being so much at stake.

I've always liked the ProBowl. It doesn't need to be serious.

WTE
01-28-2012, 04:47 PM
I actually enjoy the non-serious nature of the ProBowl. I like watching how all the guys from different teams interact and goof around. It's nice to see that they can all just have some fun and play the game without there being so much at stake.

I completely agree. You get a much different view of the players. Quite often there's a player that you've never liked before but you see him gooffing around in the Pro Bowl and suddenly you realize he's OK.

Also, it's not like the games suck like the NHL All-Star games.

Teams often go for long bombs, or go for it on 4th. Plus, the winning team players get like $20,000 more or something than the losing players and you really see the intensity pick up in the 4th.

spikerman
01-28-2012, 04:57 PM
I watch it because I know the season is coming to an end and after next week I'll have to wait until August to see NFL football again. Yeah, it's a joke of a game, but it's still football (kind of). The months with no football at all really suck.

MOtorboat
01-28-2012, 04:58 PM
I completely agree. You get a much different view of the players. Quite often there's a player that you've never liked before but you see him gooffing around in the Pro Bowl and suddenly you realize he's OK.

Also, it's not like the games suck like the NHL All-Star games.

Teams often go for long bombs, or go for it on 4th. Plus, the winning team players get like $20,000 more or something than the losing players and you really see the intensity pick up in the 4th.

I think the NHL actually has the best All-Star game. I think it started last year, but they pick 50 deserving players, regardless of conference/division, pick two captains and then pick sides like you did when you were kids.

It's a great idea, and you end up with some interesting match ups.

spikerman
01-28-2012, 04:59 PM

Remember a few years ago when Neil Smith and an offensive lineman (Kevin Gogan I think) got ejected during the Pro Bowl? That was beautiful.

BroncoWave
01-29-2012, 12:19 AM
This is the best play in the history of the Pro Bowl:

LCq6XzAe8Ks

TXBRONC
01-29-2012, 09:23 AM
No I'm not planning on it. I find it boring.

Dean
01-29-2012, 10:02 AM
I don't make any special plans to watch it but if I happen to be home I'll tune in. Watching football, even pseudo-football, beats normal programing.

BroncoJoe
01-29-2012, 10:16 AM
The Pro-Bowl will continued to be played the week before the Superbowl. The TV ratings since they started this have been out the roof compared to the week after.

Also, this is the last year they have a contract with Hawaii. Rumors have it Hawaii is not budging on cost/discounts. NFL is not happy.

Mr. Pro Bowl
01-29-2012, 10:50 AM
Remember a few years ago when Neil Smith and an offensive lineman (Kevin Gogan I think) got ejected during the Pro Bowl? That was beautiful.

Yup, I was there and took this picture from my seat. From the 50 tickets I own I got 10 in Row 2 right above the tunnel where the players come out. I also remember reading the next day that Steve Young told the refs NOT to let Gogan go into the locker room by himself after being ejected. Thought that was pretty funny....(Just added some more 'pics from the past' on my Facebook "Pro Bowl fans" page...

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x127/Jurgen4321/neilsmith.jpg

WTE
01-29-2012, 11:00 AM
Hey Mr. Pro Bowl,

Remember when Belichick coached the AFC back in 2006 or so and he said eff it and called a couple blitzes?

Did you catch that?

He's such a lovable cheat.

Mr. Pro Bowl
01-29-2012, 11:19 AM
Hey Mr. Pro Bowl,

Remember when Belichick coached the AFC back in 2006 or so and he said eff it and called a couple blitzes?

Did you catch that?

He's such a lovable cheat.

Nope, sorry. My beer intake at the Pro Bowl always exceeds the limit :beer:,
I am amazed how I can still take some pretty good pics at the game tho...:D

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x127/Jurgen4321/IMG_0236.jpg

Dzone
01-29-2012, 12:07 PM
I will have it on one tv with the Nuggets game on the other

Chef Zambini
01-29-2012, 12:13 PM

At least they don’t have anything like a home run contest or dunk contest...those are really gay.I enjoy the skills challenges, not sure they astill do them. The FG kickers playing essentially a game of HORSE, with bizarre FG attempts might be the most entertaining.

Mr. Pro Bowl
01-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Oh yeah...field goal kickers. Do you guys remember when that fan actually made the field goal at half time and won 1 Mill. $ from Hershey? I got a pic from that too....:D
Even the players waited to watch this before they went into the lockers rooms.

Joel
01-29-2012, 12:47 PM
I have a three hour (!) Norwegian written test at 10AM and an oral test at 3PM, and the Pro Bowl doesn't start until 2AM (IIRC) so, no. As others have noted it's just a meaningless all star game anyway, and the current scheduling means none of the Giants or Pats Pro Bowlers will be there, so there's little to interest me regardless. They should move it back to after the Super Bowl; airing it during the bye week is all about ratings and revenue. Anyone too fatigued or injured to play another game for fun after the season could just blow it off with no penalty, but as it is it's only half an all star game.

Nomad
01-29-2012, 12:53 PM
The Pro-Bowl will continued to be played the week before the Superbowl. The TV ratings since they started this have been out the roof compared to the week after.

Also, this is the last year they have a contract with Hawaii. Rumors have it Hawaii is not budging on cost/discounts. NFL is not happy.

Oh the irony, the NFL unhappy with the cost:lol:....it's Hawaii (nothing is cheap there)and at this time of the year 80 degrees and an ocean breeze would be worth it.

Yesterday, we went skiing/snowboarding, so today will be spent lounging around. I may tune in for a bit.

MOtorboat
01-29-2012, 12:55 PM
I'll be watching now just to see the gloves and if Nike has anything up their sleeves today...

MOtorboat
01-29-2012, 07:10 PM
Pre game singers are gay.

dogfish
01-29-2012, 07:13 PM
was it today?

is it over?

MOtorboat
01-29-2012, 07:16 PM
was it today?

is it over?

It's just starting.

Quick. Tune in.

dogfish
01-29-2012, 07:24 PM
It's just starting.

Quick. Tune in.

uhhh. . .

maybe later. . . i'm gonna watch the nugs game at six (around six-- catching the tip-off isn't nearly as important is the kickoff), so i'm sure i'll watch at least a couple plays of it then. . .

MOtorboat
01-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Alan Roach on the PA...

cmc0605
01-29-2012, 07:41 PM
wow the NFC offense playing at about 5% effort...fans booing them.

MOtorboat
01-29-2012, 07:43 PM
Champ just got schooled by Fitzgerald, lol.

cmc0605
01-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Champ just got schooled by Fitzgerald, lol.

Yea, that was a tough open field tackle though, but we're used to younger Champ not missing any of those. I think his skills wrapping up have dropped off a bit too. Keep in mind though that the corners can't play press coverage like they did most of the year, and against receivers this good they have to play way off.

cmc0605
01-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Revis just got schooled

CoachChaz
01-29-2012, 07:49 PM
4 Broncos starting on defense...of course its easy to score

EMB6903
01-29-2012, 07:56 PM
until the Nuggets game starts....

camdisco24
01-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Fitz has already schooled 2 of the top 5 CB's in the league. He's a beast.

cmc0605
01-29-2012, 07:58 PM
I really do think Darelle Revis is the most overrated player in the league

HORSEPOWER 56
01-29-2012, 08:07 PM
Von just forced a fumble on McCoy and Champ recovered it. The probowl always looks weak at first, but sooner or later the pride kicks in and guys actually start playing a little. Particularly the young guys.

I remember a couple of years ago when Mario Williams got tired of the lines just standing around half-heartedly dancing with each other and started firing off the ball. He got 3 sacks... :laugh: Nobody hits QBs in the probowl... except Mario Williams.

MJD looks to be running hard no matter if it's the probowl or not. I love that little dude.

spikerman
01-29-2012, 09:18 PM
The Pro Bowl is always more about not getting hurt than winning, but this is unbelievable. These guys are signing the death warrant for the game - maybe that's a good thing. I feel bad for the fans in the stands who wanted to watch a football game, not a practice "walk through". This hardly resembles football at all.

I've always watched it in the past, but this may do it for me.

Nomad
01-29-2012, 09:21 PM
The Pro Bowl is always more about not getting hurt than winning, but this is unbelievable. These guys are signing the death warrant for the game - maybe that's a good thing. I feel bad for the fans in the stands who wanted to watch a football game, not a practice "walk through". This hardly resembles football at all.

I've always watched it in the past, but this may do it for me.

So you're saying watching Disney channel with my little girl isn't so bad right now:lol:

spikerman
01-29-2012, 09:24 PM
So you're saying watching Disney channel with my little girl isn't so bad right now:lol:

There's probably harder hitting happening on Disney right now.

EMB6903
01-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Brandon Marshall 3 receptions, 150 yards, and 3 touchdowns.

camdisco24
01-29-2012, 10:05 PM
Brandon Marshall 3 receptions, 150 yards, and 3 touchdowns.

Too bad he couldn't put up numbers like that in the regular season.

He really hasn't been the same since his days in Denver... that being said, he hasn't really has a decent QB to help his case.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-29-2012, 10:41 PM
Damn... the AFC is playing defense in the 4th quarter. Cam Newton is pissed! Von Miller with 2 sacks, Freeney and Doom bringing no shit pressure, and the D-line is knocking Cam down repeatedly and forcing him to throw picks...

It's hilarious. The announcer just said the gentlemens' agreement went out the window when the NFC kept doing fake punts and onside kicks. Ray Lewis told the defense to start playing and they've been murdering Cam Newton the entire 4th quarter. It's been awesome. The look on Newton's face has been priceless! :lol:

chazoe60
01-29-2012, 10:54 PM
Something about Scam Newton that I just can't stand. Arrogant jerk. I really think he's in for a big fall.

arapaho2
01-29-2012, 11:02 PM
watching marshall just brings up that hate of mcd :mad:

broncs
01-30-2012, 12:27 AM
the pro bowl is 1 step above Pro (fake) wrestling

BORDERLINE
01-30-2012, 12:59 AM
HA! I had the stream up lying in bed to watch the game. The pre game singer was horrible. Literally fell a sleep, Woke up with 10 minutes left in the 4th. and said F' it and went back to sleep.

So same old pro bowl for me!!!

Army Bronco
01-30-2012, 02:52 AM
No, did not watch it. I was playing legos with my 2 year old..from what I read we hit those lego towers harder than players in the game. Even taught him what a clock was.

Northman
01-30-2012, 04:05 AM
Didnt watch it but apparently Brandon Marshall had a big night. Good for him.

BroncoBJ
01-30-2012, 05:23 AM
Well, I've always watched the pro bowl, so I guess I'm in the minority here. As a matter of fact, ya'll will probably laugh at this, But I've recorded the last 12 Pro bowls on VHS tape and the last 12 Superbowls as well.

But this year however, we switched to Dish Network, and I couldn't figure out how to work the VCR and everything hooked to it. Since I really only use it twice a year and thats for the probowl and superbowl. :fight: So I was pretty pissed that I couldn't get it all worked out and I didn't get to tape the probowl this year for the 1st time in 13 years. I hope I can get things figured out in time for the Superbowl.

But I figure its cool to have them taped so when I get old and bored, or maybe if I have kids or grandkids or whatever, they can see who the good teams/good players were from back when I watched and will be fun tapes to look at over the years.

Plus its sad when football season is ending, so any football is fun, since we won't have it again til August.

But as for this probowl, it was fun to see a lot of Broncos do well, as well as former Bronco Brandon Marshall have a great game and win MVP. :elefant:

Army Bronco
01-30-2012, 09:53 AM
BroncoBJ:,I think u can get a recorder for DVDs but not sure. I know you can convert your old VHS tapes into DVDs. My brother in law does it. Been meaning to switch over my old band rehearsal tape into a dvd. Look into it bro.

BroncoNut
01-30-2012, 10:09 AM
if it's projected out of your butt

NightTerror218
01-30-2012, 03:21 PM
watching the entire AFC own Cam Newton was the highlight of my day. Everyone was all over his nuts prior to game. And in in 2-hand touch he played horrible. ****ing punk, wouldnt even tuck in shirt like he was cool. Weddle made Cam his bitch. Shows that Stafford should have made it instead of over Cam.

BroncoBJ
01-30-2012, 03:29 PM
BroncoBJ:,I think u can get a recorder for DVDs but not sure. I know you can convert your old VHS tapes into DVDs. My brother in law does it. Been meaning to switch over my old band rehearsal tape into a dvd. Look into it bro.

Thanks. Yea, I know people do that but just never sure how they did it. I'd like to switch them all from VHS to DVD as well.

Do you know how long DVD's can record for?

Mr. Pro Bowl
01-30-2012, 06:11 PM
I am embarrassed. It was the saddes display I have ever watched. It was a pillow fight. Maybe being there and having the sun beat on your head after a few drinks you don't notice it too much - but watching it on TV? OMG...

SM19
01-30-2012, 06:22 PM

I'm with you. I had fun watching the players just screw around yesterday. Onside kicks, fake punts, laterals... the wacky stuff you rarely get to see in ordinary games.

Army Bronco
01-30-2012, 10:03 PM
BroncoBj: looks like u can record up to 4 hrs. You can also record from satellite to dvd but you will also need a DTV converter. It can even give u 1080p quality.

Mr. Pro Bowl
01-31-2012, 08:56 PM
"fall out" from the Pro Bowl. I am glad somebody said something. Good for you Rodgers!

Rodgers speaks out (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8267c5e9/article/rodgers-pro-bowl-mates-embarrassed-themselves?module=HP11_headline_stack)

broken12
01-31-2012, 10:31 PM
I like d the game after all the onside kicks and all the arc took it serious and started playing......