PDA

View Full Version : *Shiver* h..h..hi. From Oak-town *DUCKS*

Convalesce
01-26-2012, 12:33 AM
Hello Denver Bronco fans. Currently, I'm under my desk waiting for beer bottles to pelt me.

I am an Oakland Raider fan, but have many Denver Bronco fan friends and it's always fun to talk some shit and have some great discussions. Sometimes, it's 100% better to have a real football conversation with a fan of your Rival Team.

Anyway, I'm here to stay. Give you shit about certain players, receive a ton for being a "Faider" fan, annnnnnnnd contribute to the hilarious moments you guys have.

Fun stuff. :D-

Thnikkaman
01-26-2012, 12:38 AM
Hello Denver Bronco fans. Currently, I'm under my desk waiting for beer bottles to pelt me.

I am an Oakland Raider fan, but have many Denver Bronco fan friends and it's always fun to talk some shit and have some great discussions. Sometimes, it's 100% better to have a real football conversation with a fan of your Rival Team.

Anyway, I'm here to stay. Give you shit about certain players, receive a ton for being a "Faider" fan, annnnnnnnd contribute to the hilarious moments you guys have.

not another one. how many losses will you suffer before you're excuse for not taking your lumps is, "banging chicks"

Convalesce
01-26-2012, 12:56 AM
Probably one. Maybe two. But probably one.

FanInAZ
01-26-2012, 01:08 AM
I'll give you the same benefit of the doubt that I give all Raider fans here. If your more like DevilSpawn, then I look forward to intelligent dialog with you. If your more like OaklandRaider,...

Convalesce
01-26-2012, 01:12 AM
I'll give you the same benefit of the doubt that I give all Raider fans here. If your more like DevilSpawn, then I look forward to intelligent dialog with you. If your more like OaklandRaider,...

-.- I've read OaklandRaider's posts'.

I have to say I'm embarrassed.

Haven't seen DevilSpawn post, at all, really.

I'm not an idiot, and I admit when I'm wrong if I'm wrong. I have very strong opinions but only if I can back them up.

I have very unorganized posts' at time so...that can be very annoying. But, yeah. I'm not an idiot, will have fun messing around - though, but will have a lot of intelligent things to say about any team including Denver.

FanInAZ
01-26-2012, 01:18 AM

I'm not an idiot, and I admit when I'm wrong if I'm wrong. I have very strong opinions but only if I can back them up.

I have very unorganized posts' at time so...that can be very annoying. But, yeah. I'm not an idiot, will have fun messing around - though, but will have a lot of intelligent things to say about any team including Denver.

So what do you think about the current state of the Raiders?

Convalesce
01-26-2012, 01:31 AM
So what do you think about the current state of the Raiders?

Very, VERY scared and excited. So many mixed feelings.

The hiring of Dennis Allen has made me calm down for the simple fact that now we have a Head-coach. I'd probably be feeling this way no matter what coach we have.

Listening to interviews / reading interviews about him really make me excited, though. But I do feel it was too early to make him a head-coach. He was only a DC for a season. Being under John Fox for longer would make him...just fantastic.

But, overall, I'm excited. I loved Al Davis, but with him being...gone...R.I.P. It gives the Raiders the chance to grow, and become a team in the NFL, not be the same 'ol AFL, Big, Fast, Strong team.

The team has a ton of young talent. But we're no where near a Super-bowl especially with the plethora of coaches we've been through over the past years. Continuity is NEEDED right now in Oakland, and I know you understand what I mean clearly, as your DC has been new for quite a while - too.

People need to be held accountable, especially on Defense. Our Offense is becoming potent down the field, but our RZ needs to go up. Imo, we shouldn't have went for Palmer (although, I understand where Hue and Davis were coming from. It had to be done to save the season being handed over to...Boller. *Scream*) If the season / team was handed to Boller. I'm not sure I'd be alive today. lol.

I think the Raiders are either...win it all or total rebuild next season. There is no in-between. We either win the division, or...we have 2 - 3 years to sniff the playoffs.

Overall. I'm scared and excited, lol. Too many things to go over.

FanInAZ
01-26-2012, 02:05 AM
There's no doubt in my mind that the loss of Campbell cost you the division. Nothing against Palmer, who will probably be fine for you for the next several years, but the Raiders looked like the best team in the division until Campbell got injured. As good as McFadden is, they didn't seem to lose that much in the running game with Bush. The Raiders running attack may be unstoppable with both of them, but hasn't McFadden been injury plagued his entire career?

Nevertheless, it's hard to say who the best team in the AFCW will be next year. KC also looked like a play-off team as well before injuries ruined their season. I'm still surprise that both teams' coaches got fired when that had so many injuries to overcome. I think the Chargers are probably in the worst shape right now because they haven't found their replacement for LT & their D got old.

Convalesce
01-26-2012, 02:15 AM
There's no doubt in my mind that the loss of Campbell cost you the division. Nothing against Palmer, who will probably be fine for you for the next several years, but the Raiders looked like the best team in the division until Campbell got injured. As good as McFadden is, they didn't seem to lose that much in the running game with Bush. The Raiders running attack may be unstoppable with both of them, but hasn't McFadden been injury plagued his entire career?

Nevertheless, it's hard to say who the best team in the AFCW will be next year. KC also looked like a play-off team as well before injuries ruined their season. I'm still surprise that both teams' coaches got fired when that had so many injuries to overcome. I think the Chargers are probably in the worst shape right now because they haven't found their replacement for LT & their D got old.

Honestly. The AFC West has been the oddest division for the past 2 years and will be for a while.

The AFC West also doesn't get enough credit for how strong it is, due to injuries, drama, and other things.

Raiders had a plethora of injuries as did the Chiefs. Rivers blew chunks, which is odd for him..

And the Broncos need Tebow to throw passes, and if and when he does that, he'll be damn scary.

The AFC West is an up-coming force to be reckoned with.

Back to the state of the Raiders. McFadden had one thing Bush didn't, explosive play ability. Bush broke a lot of 20+ runs, but with McFadden that is totally 6 when with bush, we either punted or hit a field-goal.

But, everyone is forgetting about TJ, too. Taiwan Jones reminds me of Chris Johnson. That RB who will run 10 different ways to get a touchdown, not very "head-on", but very flashy. He will be great under McFadden / Bush, and if he gains some muscle / weight..he could be VERY deadly. I'm not sure why we didn't use him as much as we should have, relieve bush here and there.

And about the Palmer trade. He's an interception machine. He takes a lot more chances, and with our WR's that's not bad 'cause we're known to make interceptions into huge gains. Jacoby Ford and Denarious Moore are amazing at game-changing / momentum shifting plays. But we still need a number 1 receiver. A possession receiver who can catch short passes every down, especially third.

We also need to utilize Kevin Boss more. When we got him the ball, it was ALWAYS for a huge gain. Granted, it was probably because he was never really thrown to. But he can be a special player. Same with Marcell Reece. We have one of the best fullbacks in the league due to how versatile he is, and we're not even using him to his full potential.

PatriotsGuy
01-26-2012, 09:33 AM
Get the heck out of here!

:D

Dreadnought
01-26-2012, 09:45 AM

Any man who is embarrassed by OaklandRaider can find a home here. Devilspawn and Silver&Black are both sound posters and surprisingly bright. That said I hate the Raiders like I hate tapeworms, liver, and wet socks. I wish nothing but the worst for that franchise, and when I close mine eyes for the final time I will have a curse on my lips for the Raiders.

Welcome

topscribe
01-26-2012, 09:58 AM

Well, what separates DevilSpawn is that he understands where the Smack forum
is and where it is not and posts accordingly. In other words, he has respect
for others, and so he is a welcomed member here.

And so, a conditional welcome to the board, soon to be an outright welcome
when we find that you can emulate DevilSpawn's manners. :welcome:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-26-2012, 12:33 PM
:welcome:

rjent
01-26-2012, 12:51 PM
:welcome::hi::wave::ciao:

Convalesce
01-26-2012, 01:54 PM
Thank you guys. And, the hatred I have for the Broncos are just the same as your guys' hate for the Raiders.

May we have some fun, together :)

Also, I posted something last night in here and it never showed up o.o

SR
01-26-2012, 09:14 PM

Welcome. Don't be a ******* idiot and take after Devil Spawn and I'm sure we'll be glad to have you here. Wanna know who NOT to be like? Search "Oakland Raider" under member list and read some of his HILARIOUS posts.

Convalesce
01-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Why are my messages not being displayed :X

Medford Bronco
01-26-2012, 10:15 PM

Dont forget Siver_black, he good as well

Tned
01-27-2012, 08:20 AM
Why are my messages not being displayed :X

For some reason, some of your posts were caught by the spam blocker and put in the moderation queue for approval.

Devilspawn
01-27-2012, 08:09 PM

Welcome, Brethren. You'll enjoy it here. Good to have you. :beer:

Sooooo... you ready for our traditional pre-Superbowl press conference? It'll be different without the old man.

Softskull
01-27-2012, 08:17 PM
So do any of you raider scum ever make to the games in Oakland? Drop me a line and I'll buy you a beer. But don't be surprised if it taste like urine. :beer:

Convalesce
01-27-2012, 11:45 PM

Sooooo... you ready for our traditional pre-Superbowl press conference? It'll be different without the old man.

Oh god. Last time I went...ugh. No Al to talk to after the Press Conference ended.

Cried, a lot, actually.

Damn.

Convalesce
01-27-2012, 11:46 PM

Btw, your Avatar / sig is VERY distracting.

:eek:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-28-2012, 04:15 PM
For some reason, some of your posts were caught by the spam blocker and put in the moderation queue for approval.

What Tned meant to say was - some of your posts were caught by the spam blocker because you are a Raiders' fan ;)

BroncoNut
01-28-2012, 04:49 PM
welcome. I'm actually a fan of OR.

Convalesce
01-28-2012, 07:16 PM
What Tned meant to say was - some of your posts were caught by the spam blocker because you are a Raiders' fan ;)

:3 I figured that was why =p

(I actually sorta did.)

Devilspawn
01-29-2012, 12:46 AM

I get that a lot for some reason. :confused:

FanInAZ
01-29-2012, 01:07 AM

Its Milkshake's & JaMarcus Russell's fault.

Back in 2009, DS made a sig bet with about a dozen of us here. If the Raiders won the 1st matchup between our teams, we would create a sig that of us Broncos' fans that took him up on the bet would have to use for a duration of time. If the Broncos won, then Milkshake would create a sig that he would have to use. Well, the Broncos won & Milkshake created a sig for him where he Photoshopped a pic of a model in a bikini into Mr. Burns of the Simpsons. It was so grotesque that I was afraid to be part of a sig bet next year out of fear of how he might pay us all back.

In any case, after the allotted amount of time to use the sig had expired, he then started posting the original pic in his sig. Ever since then, he has changed his sig from time to time, but always using modals that are at the very least as distracting as the 1 he's currently using.

Convalesce
01-29-2012, 02:02 PM
Its Milkshake's & JaMarcus Russell's fault.

Back in 2009, DS made a sig bet with about a dozen of us here. If the Raiders won the 1st matchup between our teams, we would create a sig that of us Broncos' fans that took him up on the bet would have to use for a duration of time. If the Broncos won, then Milkshake would create a sig that he would have to use. Well, the Broncos won & Milkshake created a sig for him where he Photoshopped a pic of a model in a bikini into Mr. Burns of the Simpsons. It was so grotesque that I was afraid to be part of a sig bet next year out of fear of how he might pay us all back.

In any case, after the allotted amount of time to use the sig had expired, he then started posting the original pic in his sig. Ever since then, he has changed his sig from time to time, but always using modals that are at the very least as distracting as the 1 he's currently using.

LOL that's one amazing story. (Not lying)

Devilspawn
01-30-2012, 08:18 PM
LOL that's one amazing story. (Not lying)
If you enjoy reading material, here's the thread.
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52606

I'm 1-2 in these sig bets. The doozy was the first one where I said the if the Raiders lost by 3 or more TDs, I would wear the sig AND change my username. They lose 41-14. Luckily for me, their embarrassment of being blown out but JaMarcus later that year was enough to get my name back.

That thread is the sequel. Luckily for me, the embarrassment of losing to JaMarcus later that year was enough revenge for me. :D

My lone win was against a Bengals fan. Don't think we can post that sig outside the lounge.

As you can see, this site is tons of fun.

Steelers24
01-31-2012, 09:21 PM
Al Davis was awesome. And their just broncos fans.. nothing to be scared of! I live next to Oakland btw.