PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks sign OWENS!!!!! Going after Leach too!

DenBronx
03-06-2009, 01:47 AM
Owens will not be a Bronco. We can put all the talks to rest. Thank God he is a Seahawk now.

Seahawks sign backup tight end Owens
By CLARE FARNSWORTH
P-I REPORTER

The Seahawks signed an Owens on Thursday.

It was John, a free-agent tight end from the Detroit Lions. Not Terrell, the mercurial wide receiver who was just released by the Dallas Cowboys.

Owens is considered a one-dimensional tight end, putting his 6-foot-3, 255-pound body to us as "a powerful, technically sound run blocker. He shows great snap and strength at the point of attack," according to an assessment supplied by Scouts Inc.

Owens was a seventh-round draft choice by the Lions in 2002 and then re-signed with the team last year after stints with the New Orleans Saints and Cleveland Browns.

He will serve as the backup to John Carlson, who led the Seahawks in receptions, receiving yards and touchdown catches last season after being drafted in the second round. Like Carlson, Owens went to Notre Dame.

Also Thursday, the Seahawks lost out on the possibility of signing Jermaine Phillips because the free-agent strong safety decided to re-sign with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers after making visits to the Seahawks and San Diego Chargers.

But the Seahawks are not done. Justin Griffith, a fullback who played for new offensive coordinator Greg Knapp with the Oakland Raiders last season, is scheduled to visit on Friday.

So is Bryan Pittman, a free-agent long snapper from the Houston Texans who played at Thomas Jefferson High School, Walla Walla Community College and the University of Washington.

Griffith could be a replacement for incumbent starter Leonard Weaver, who has yet to attract the interest expected in free agency. Pittman is the latest option at long snapper, as the Seahawks also had ex-Denver Bronco Mike Leach in for a visit this week.

LordTrychon
03-06-2009, 01:48 AM
Got me. :beer:

topscribe
03-06-2009, 01:51 AM
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/spankbutt.gif

-----

Northman
03-06-2009, 01:51 AM
Would of almost been better if it was T.O. They could of used their 1st pick on something else.

DenBronx
03-06-2009, 01:54 AM
Would of almost been better if it was T.O. They could of used their 1st pick on something else.

I thought thats why they signed TJ. So they could avoid that. I wouldnt be suprised even if they still drafted Crabtree and paired him up with Housh.

NameUsedBefore
03-06-2009, 01:55 AM
They could use T.O., regardless. Although at this point the time has passed for the Seahawks to get actual receivers (after their playoff-era, of course...).

Northman
03-06-2009, 02:01 AM
I thought thats why they signed TJ. So they could avoid that. I wouldnt be suprised even if they still drafted Crabtree and paired him up with Housh.

Oh, i fully expect them too. But if they signed TO they wouldnt even have to consider Crabtree and could go in another direction if they wanted too.

CoachChaz
03-06-2009, 09:30 AM
I still say they draft Raji

TXBRONC
03-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Owens will not be a Bronco. We can put all the talks to rest. Thank God he is a Seahawk now.

Seahawks sign backup tight end Owens
By CLARE FARNSWORTH
P-I REPORTER

The Seahawks signed an Owens on Thursday.

It was John, a free-agent tight end from the Detroit Lions. Not Terrell, the mercurial wide receiver who was just released by the Dallas Cowboys.

Owens is considered a one-dimensional tight end, putting his 6-foot-3, 255-pound body to us as "a powerful, technically sound run blocker. He shows great snap and strength at the point of attack," according to an assessment supplied by Scouts Inc.

Owens was a seventh-round draft choice by the Lions in 2002 and then re-signed with the team last year after stints with the New Orleans Saints and Cleveland Browns.

He will serve as the backup to John Carlson, who led the Seahawks in receptions, receiving yards and touchdown catches last season after being drafted in the second round. Like Carlson, Owens went to Notre Dame.

Also Thursday, the Seahawks lost out on the possibility of signing Jermaine Phillips because the free-agent strong safety decided to re-sign with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers after making visits to the Seahawks and San Diego Chargers.

But the Seahawks are not done. Justin Griffith, a fullback who played for new offensive coordinator Greg Knapp with the Oakland Raiders last season, is scheduled to visit on Friday.

So is Bryan Pittman, a free-agent long snapper from the Houston Texans who played at Thomas Jefferson High School, Walla Walla Community College and the University of Washington.

Griffith could be a replacement for incumbent starter Leonard Weaver, who has yet to attract the interest expected in free agency. Pittman is the latest option at long snapper, as the Seahawks also had ex-Denver Bronco Mike Leach in for a visit this week.

:smack: :lol:

TXBRONC
03-06-2009, 09:35 AM
I still say they draft Raji

Even if they don't likelihood of him getting out of the top ten is slim and none. He could slip far enough in the top ten that he would be reachable but it would require us trading up.

hotcarl
03-06-2009, 11:58 AM
nice worthless thread :welcome:

turftoad
03-06-2009, 11:58 AM
nice worthless thread :welcome:

Carl !!!!!

Bad Intentions
03-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Always somebody thinking they need to be clever to call some attention to themselves. btw, why in the hell would Seattle take Crabtree. He is an injury risk and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him there at #12... and I hope we trade him away!

bullis26
03-06-2009, 11:25 PM
haha knew it wasnt true and everything but still wanted to check it out haha

tomjonesrocks
03-07-2009, 01:10 AM
I just glanced at the title of this thread on the way out to work and assumed it was true. Heard Jim Rome making cracks on the commute about TO heading to Denver at 9am and was like, "isn't he already headed to Seattle?"

You *******.

Though a joke, got me thinking that TO actually makes sense to me in Seattle. Would think the media crush would not be as bad in the pacific northwest. He might actually fly under the radar there (as much as TO can).

Don't like TO here though. Think he's lost a step now so he's REALLY not worth the headache.

----------

On a side note--noticed "*******" is banned word? Are you serious? Do you even have to wait until 9pm to say that on TV? So "Shit" is OK but ******* isn't? Uh, OK.

Chris90210
03-08-2009, 02:24 AM
my thoughts on the seahawks pulling TO are summarized on this clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2v-8ctq5x4

bullis26
03-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Always somebody thinking they need to be clever to call some attention to themselves. btw, why in the hell would Seattle take Crabtree. He is an injury risk and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him there at #12... and I hope we trade him away!

Crabtree an injury risk? did he ever miss a game in college? because he's had one injury doesnt mean hes an injury risk.... oh no everybody back in favres prime he broke his thumb but nobody should ever consider him anything great because he's an injury risk...come on please crabtree is a beast and will go no later than #7 and thats pushing it