PDA

View Full Version : Vote Von Miller for ROY!!

broncobryce
01-24-2012, 11:24 PM
http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2011/YEAR/0

C'mon, Von has got to win this.

madmanbryan
01-24-2012, 11:28 PM
Got my vote

wayninja
01-25-2012, 12:14 AM
He's got my vote, but no way he'll win.

Tned
01-25-2012, 08:57 AM
He struggled after he hurt his thumb and had to wear the cast. I think that will cost him ROY.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-25-2012, 09:03 AM
I still think Von will win DROY. Defensively overall, he's head and shoulders better than the other candidates. Even after the thumb injury, he still registered a couple of sacks - including one vs the Steelers in the playoffs. Aldon Smith had more sacks but less than half the tackles and was a part-time player playing on a waaaayyyyy better defense. Von got doubled routinely, Smith never did because SF had so many front 7 weapons. Von had run and pass coverage responsibilities, too. He wasn't just allowed to rush the QB every time he was on the field like Smith was. Peterson was also a part time player and although he was a great returner, he didn't quite live up to his draft stock (top 5 pick) as a "shutdown" corner.

Obviously, Cam Newton is a walk off lock for OROY but he really isn't competing with Von because there are 2 awards.

NightTerror218
01-25-2012, 12:30 PM
So I heard Miller did not "miss" a tackle all season. Is that really true. I saw him shoot past RB/QB blitzing but do not remember anyone escaping his grasp once he got them. That is mighty impressive.

NightTerror218
01-25-2012, 12:31 PM
I still think Von will win DROY. Defensively overall, he's head and shoulders better than the other candidates. Even after the thumb injury, he still registered a couple of sacks - including one vs the Steelers in the playoffs. Aldon Smith had more sacks but less than half the tackles and was a part-time player playing on a waaaayyyyy better defense. Von got doubled routinely, Smith never did because SF had so many front 7 weapons. Von had run and pass coverage responsibilities, too. He wasn't just allowed to rush the QB every time he was on the field like Smith was. Peterson was also a part time player and although he was a great returner, he didn't quite live up to his draft stock (top 5 pick) as a "shutdown" corner.

Obviously, Cam Newton is a walk off lock for OROY but he really isn't competing with Von because there are 2 awards.

I think Dalton should be OROY. He does not have the offensive weapons and had a great season.

Fullback32
01-25-2012, 01:11 PM
Voting for Von for sure. I bet newton gets it though. Just a gut feeling.

LTC Pain
01-25-2012, 02:44 PM
I voted for Von!

SoCalImport
01-25-2012, 03:50 PM
yeah..I suck. Voted for Newton. Anyone that doesn't think he's head and shoulders above the field for ROTY is kidding themselves.

Von for DROTY for sure!

NightTerror218
01-25-2012, 06:04 PM
11.5 sacks, 8 tackles behind LOS, 2 FF, and 64 tackels....4 pass deflections

I like those numbers and if he can just keep repeating them.

NightTerror218
01-25-2012, 06:05 PM
yeah..I suck. Voted for Newton. Anyone that doesn't think he's head and shoulders above the field for ROTY is kidding themselves.

Von for DROTY for sure!

So voting for a guy who did not miss a tackle and and helped transform a defense (that led the team to playoffs) not worthy of ROY?

SoCalImport
01-25-2012, 06:09 PM
So voting for a guy who did not miss a tackle and and helped transform a defense (that led the team to playoffs) not worthy of ROY?

Tebow's not a rookie.

NightTerror218
01-25-2012, 06:12 PM
Tebow's not a rookie.

Not talking about Tebow, our defense carried us this season. Von was a huge part of this transformed defense.

SoCalImport
01-25-2012, 06:15 PM
Not talking about Tebow, our defense carried us this season. Von was a huge part of this transformed defense.

Yes. Yes He was.
Von is a badass and IMHO a lock for DROTY, but ROTY almost always (haven't googled it) goes to offense. And what Cam did this season makes him a no brainer..again IMHO

SmilinAssasSin27
01-25-2012, 06:19 PM

He's far from head and shoulders above Watt or Aldon Smith.

NightTerror218
01-25-2012, 06:23 PM
Yes. Yes He was.
Von is a badass and IMHO a lock for DROTY, but ROTY almost always (haven't googled it) goes to offense. And what Cam did this season makes him a no brainer..again IMHO

He ran for a lot of TDs on top of having a good rookie QB season. I think Dalton was better IMO but no rushing TDs, he led his team to playoffs.

rcsodak
01-25-2012, 06:23 PM
So I heard Miller did not "miss" a tackle all season. Is that really true. I saw him shoot past RB/QB blitzing but do not remember anyone escaping his grasp once he got them. That is mighty impressive.
Tackles are also an Unofficial stat. So take it for what its worth.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

broncobryce
01-25-2012, 06:28 PM
Tebow's not a rookie.

Please don't derail this thread. This is about Von Miller being up for ROY. Stop with the bullshit.

SoCalImport
01-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Please don't derail this thread. This is about Von Miller being up for ROY. Stop with the bullshit.

Lol... It was a joke.

NightTerror218
01-25-2012, 06:39 PM
Tackles are also an Unofficial stat. So take it for what its worth.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

so are sacks, ints, and FF.

vettesplus
01-25-2012, 07:30 PM
who's Roy? :lol::lol: