PDA

View Full Version : You know what? I want Terrell Owens.

Pages : [1] 2

UnderArmour
03-05-2009, 05:54 PM
I want Terrell Owens. He's a big time player who makes big time plays. He's not a turd who goes around breaking the law, he's someone that shows up and works his ass off for his salary. Terrell Owens wants to win football games.

We could sign him to an incentive laden contract and you know what? He'd earn every single one. He still plays at a Pro Bowl level. There is no denying the play making ability of Terrell Owens. Besides, what would cheer Jay Cutler up more than getting him another target? :D

Fire away.

OMorange&blue
03-05-2009, 05:57 PM
[puke]ohgodno/[puke]

DallasChief
03-05-2009, 05:59 PM
I would love for the Broncos to add another head case to their roster. The first time Cutler yells at him for running the wrong route or dropping a pass that hit him in the hands will be a golden moment. And the beginning of the end.

Thnikkaman
03-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Jim Rome likes Cutler to T.O.

Northman
03-05-2009, 06:00 PM
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/1306/youfailve0.jpg

JKcatch724
03-05-2009, 06:01 PM
T.O. + New coach + Jay Cutler = EPIC FAIL

BroncoWave
03-05-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm for it.

Chris90210
03-05-2009, 06:02 PM
cutler + TO + marshall =

http://salem-news.com/stimg/july132006/atom_bomb.jpg

BroncoWave
03-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Serious question guys, what did T.O. do in Dallas that was that horrible? He's not the same malcontent he was in Philly or S.F. I think he's reached the point in his career where he's rather win a S.B. than have 100+ catches.

Northman
03-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Serious question guys, what did T.O. do in Dallas that was that horrible? He's not the same malcontent he was in Philly or S.F. I think he's reached the point in his career where he's rather win a S.B. than have 100+ catches.

Really? Why did Dallas cut him?

Medford Bronco
03-05-2009, 06:08 PM
cutler + TO + marshall =

[/IMG]

= Not enough http://packers.com/images/action/031120footballs.jpg

To go around

JKcatch724
03-05-2009, 06:08 PM

If Jerry Jones thinks he bad, he's REALLY bad.

Medford Bronco
03-05-2009, 06:10 PM

Remember him and Romo http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0108/nfl_g_romo_owens_412.jpg

Ziggy
03-05-2009, 06:11 PM
TO= Locker room cancer, team killer, circus sideshow. I'll pass.

Medford Bronco
03-05-2009, 06:17 PM
TO= Locker room cancer, team killer, circus sideshow. I'll pass.

you can pass but if TO is on this team he might drop it:lol: just ask Romo how reliable he is and how much of a cancer he was

Northman
03-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Remember him and Romo http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0108/nfl_g_romo_owens_412.jpg

Yea, i just find it hard to believe that if your well liked by your teammates and your as valuable as they come then why do you get cut and not traded? :lol:

Northman
03-05-2009, 06:18 PM
you can pass but if TO is on this team he might drop it:lol: just ask Romo how reliable he is and how much of a cancer he was

And God forbid if Sheff or Graham have a good day receiving over him. His meltdown would be EPIC.

Medford Bronco
03-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Yea, i just find it hard to believe that if your well liked by your teammates and your as valuable as they come then why do you get cut and not traded? :lol:

yeah just ask Garcia and McNabb besides Romo how much of a great teammate he was.

Also he basically quit on the Eagles, would you want that on our team.

No freakin way

broncophan
03-05-2009, 06:20 PM
The broncos need alot ........but TO is the last thing they need.....imo

JKcatch724

People whine about how many balls Marshall drops, but if we brought in TO we could probably be the spokesmen for PAM

Medford Bronco
And God forbid if Sheff or Graham have a good day receiving over him. His meltdown would be EPIC.

You mean

Denver wins 42-10 over the Chiefs

Marshall 10 catches 155 yards tds

they run as a team for 175 yards

and TO says "I need to be more involved in the offense" :lol: what a jerk and cancer he is ---- pass

broncohead
Lets make another thread on the same exact topic...

Northman
03-05-2009, 06:21 PM
yeah just ask Garcia and McNabb besides Romo how much of a great teammate he was.

Also he basically quit on the Eagles, would you want that on our team.

No freakin way

It is funny. His meltdown last year when Witten got more passes than him in one game reminded me a LOT of when Kukoc got the final shot over Pippen for the Bulls a few years back. Being the consumate teammate is being able to handle not being the guy every single week. T.O has never learned to deal with that.

Medford Bronco
03-05-2009, 06:23 PM
It is funny. His meltdown last year when Witten got more passes than him in one game reminded me a LOT of when Kukoc got the final shot over Pippen for the Bulls a few years back. Being the consumate teammate is being able to handle not being the guy every single week. T.O has never learned to deal with that.

and that my friends is part of why Dallas was a classic underachieving team.

To get smoked by Philly in that last game with the talent on that Dallas team (more than ours esp on D) was inexcusable and should have led to Wade getting axed as well. A pathetic coach with ZERO career playoff wins.

GEM
03-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Weren't we already right up there near the top of the league in dropped passes?

topscribe
03-05-2009, 06:28 PM

Because, as the article in the Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11843712) implied, the locker room there had
been turned upside down, and the Cowboys had become a "circus" toward
the end of the year. Judging from T.O.'s past and his recent release, one may
infer that he was a part of that . . .

-----

Medford Bronco
03-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Weren't we already right up there near the top of the league in dropped passes?

and signing would not help our cause unless we had

http://www.thunder-football.net/81.jpg/81-full.jpg

:lol: :pound:

fcspikeit
Shefter said we were one of only 2 teams that wanted him 3 years ago.. The other one just cut him..

Northman
Because, as the article in the Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11843712) implied, the locker room there had
been turned upside down, and the Cowboys had become a "circus" toward
the end of the year. Judging from T.O.'s past and his recent release, one may
infer that he was a part of that . . .

-----

Then again, maybe he was just insulting the Qb's girlfriend or something. :lol:

topscribe
03-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Shefter said we were one of only 2 teams that wanted him 3 years ago.. The other one just cut him..

AhKnEo9ZyEs

------

claymore
03-05-2009, 06:35 PM
I want Terrell Owens. He's a big time player who makes big time plays. He's not a turd who goes around breaking the law, he's someone that shows up and works his ass off for his salary. Terrell Owens wants to win football games.

We could sign him to an incentive laden contract and you know what? He'd earn every single one. He still plays at a Pro Bowl level. There is no denying the play making ability of Terrell Owens. Besides, what would cheer Jay Cutler up more than getting him another target? :D

Fire away.

He's a QB killer, and he runs shitty routes. Romo said he threw to Witten all the time cause he didnt know where in the hell TO was going to be. Plus we dont have the locker room for it.

bullis26
03-05-2009, 06:46 PM
lets sign him to a one year deal maybe two he wont speak out intil the very earliest midway trough second year we need somebody while marshall is suspended and T.o. is one of the hardest working players in the NFL maybe some of our recievers will learn from that most of you prolly dont know this but he is well liked and a good leader to wr's like in dallas they all had his back in philly had has back dont remeber sf wr's had his back or not, but t.o. doesnt get in trouble maybe marshall will learn a think or 2
either way T.O. had a down year in his standards wow 69 catches 1000+ yards 10+ td's thats good in most recievers books and marshall struggled with drops this year too 18 im pretty sure it was

honz
03-05-2009, 06:49 PM
We should sign Chad Johnson too.

Marshall + T.O. + Ocho Cinco = Epic Success

xzn
03-05-2009, 06:50 PM
lets sign him to a one year deal maybe two he wont speak out intil the very earliest midway trough second year we need somebody while marshall is suspended and T.o. is one of the hardest working players in the NFL maybe some of our recievers will learn from that most of you prolly dont know this but he is well liked and a good leader to wr's like in dallas they all had his back in philly had has back dont remeber sf wr's had his back or not, but t.o. doesnt get in trouble maybe marshall will learn a think or 2
either way T.O. had a down year in his standards wow 69 catches 1000+ yards 10+ td's thats good in most recievers books and marshall struggled with drops this year too 18 im pretty sure it was

Could someone please translate this post into English so I could read it :confused:

TIA

topscribe
03-05-2009, 06:52 PM
could someone please translate this post into english so i could read it :confused:

Tia

lets sign him 2 a ona year d3al mayb two he wont speak out intil teh v3ry earleist midway trough second yaar we ned somebody whiel marshal si susp3nded and to!!1!11 lol si on3 of teh hard3st workng plaeyrs in teh nfl mayb som3 of our receiv3rs wil learn from taht most of u proly dont know thes but h3 si wel liekd and a god leaedr 2 wrs liek in dalas th3y al had his bak in phily had has bak dont r3m3br sf wrs had his bak or not but to!1!!11111 wtf doasnt g3t in troubla mayb marshal wil l3arn a think or 2
eithar way to!11!!!!1 omg had a down year in his standards wow 69 catches 100+ yards 10+ tds tahts god in most raceivars boks and marshal strugled wit drops thes y3ar 2 18 im pr3ty sure it was

:D

-----

xzn
03-05-2009, 06:53 PM
lets sign him 2 a ona year d3al mayb two he wont speak out intil teh v3ry earleist midway trough second yaar we ned somebody whiel marshal si susp3nded and to!!1!11 lol si on3 of teh hard3st workng plaeyrs in teh nfl mayb som3 of our receiv3rs wil learn from taht most of u proly dont know thes but h3 si wel liekd and a god leaedr 2 wrs liek in dalas th3y al had his bak in phily had has bak dont r3m3br sf wrs had his bak or not but to!1!!11111 wtf doasnt g3t in troubla mayb marshal wil l3arn a think or 2
eithar way to!11!!!!1 omg had a down year in his standards wow 69 catches 100+ yards 10+ tds tahts god in most raceivars boks and marshal strugled wit drops thes y3ar 2 18 im pr3ty sure it was

:d

-----

datz more better thun b4 thx:cool:

NameUsedBefore
03-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Lol top, you've learned a lot from these intranets.

Medford Bronco
03-05-2009, 06:57 PM
We should sign Chad Johnson too.

Marshall + T.O. + Ocho Cinco = Epic Success

:lol:

we could have

TOs new jersey http://www.thunder-football.net/81.jpg/81-full.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2008/fantasy/11/21/musings/chad-johnson2.jpg when he gets no passes

and http://primetechshop.com/images/headphones.jpg

for Cutler to tune out all the http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51B3EE7T08L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg requests

bullis26
03-05-2009, 07:02 PM
lets sign him to a one year deal maybe two BECAUSE he wont speak out his first year we need somebody while marshall is suspended and T.o. is one of the hardest working players in the NFL maybe some of our recievers will learn from that most of you prolly dont know this but he ACTUALLY is well liked and a good leader to wr's like in dallas they all had his back in philly had has back dont remeber sf wr's had his back or not, but ANOTHER POSITIVE ABOUT t.o. IS THAT HE doesnt get in trouble maybe marshall will learn a thinG or 2
BUT T.O. had a down year in his standards wow 69 catches 1000+ yards 10+ td's thats good in most recievers books
and SOMEBODY SAID TO DROPPED A LOT OF PASSES WELL marshall struggled with drops this year too MARSHALL HAD 18

THERE HOWS THAT FOR YOU

atwater27
03-05-2009, 07:03 PM
LMAO at this thread.

Slick
03-05-2009, 07:06 PM
At least TO isn't in trouble with the law. I don't particularly want him on our football team, but I think we're going to have to seriously consider addressing this position more thoroughly.

NameUsedBefore
03-05-2009, 07:06 PM
lets sign him to a one year deal maybe two BECAUSE he wont speak out his first year we need somebody while marshall is suspended and T.o. is one of the hardest working players in the NFL maybe some of our recievers will learn from that most of you prolly dont know this but he ACTUALLY is well liked and a good leader to wr's like in dallas they all had his back in philly had has back dont remeber sf wr's had his back or not, but ANOTHER POSITIVE ABOUT t.o. IS THAT HE doesnt get in trouble maybe marshall will learn a thinG or 2
BUT T.O. had a down year in his standards wow 69 catches 1000+ yards 10+ td's thats good in most recievers books
and SOMEBODY SAID TO DROPPED A LOT OF PASSES WELL marshall struggled with drops this year too MARSHALL HAD 18

THERE HOWS THAT FOR YOU

D-

Still passing, though.

topscribe
03-05-2009, 07:11 PM
At least TO isn't in trouble with the law. I don't particularly want him on our football team, but I think we're going to have to seriously consider addressing this position more thoroughly.

And neither is BMarsh, that I know of. And he doesn't turn the LR upside
down, either, to my knowledge.

Frankly, I can put up with minor scrapes with the law until BMarsh gets his
ducks in a row. But I would not put up with tearing apart a LR. Not for a
moment.

-----

UnderArmour
03-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Whatever. I'll still jump for joy if we sign him as long as we win ball games. Nothing else matters, I'll take the circus too and the sideline fights between Marshall and TO. It'll be entertaining.

DenBronx
03-05-2009, 07:12 PM
honestly, i hate the way owens destroys himself. he has worlds of talent but just never got it. yes he is a very selfish player, a me first type guy, will whine when he doesnt get enough passes and drops some but his play on the field speaks for itself. i wanted him before he went to dallas purely based on his performance. and now that marshall might be gone 5+ games it would make sense to sign him for at least 1 year. that would mean no drop off in the passing game and when marshall came back...look out!

if marshall wouldnt be on the hotseat so much id say pass. but...i could see this happening.

Slick
03-05-2009, 07:26 PM
And neither is BMarsh, that I know of. And he doesn't turn the LR upside
down, either, to my knowledge.

Frankly, I can put up with minor scrapes with the law until BMarsh gets his
ducks in a row. But I would not put up with tearing apart a LR. Not for a
moment.

-----

Valid points Top as always. I'd rather have Marshall than Owens any day of the week. I'm just worried we might not be able to count on him(Marshall).

Devilspawn
03-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Um, yes and no. He'd rather win a superbowl WITH 100 catches. Anything less would get the media diva.

What did he do in Dallas? He was the cause of distraction. Now I think Romo sucks, but the drama sure didn't help. He was worse jinx to Romo that Jessica Simpson was.

There will be a point during the season where he won't be the QB's BFF, and this will be fine for a while if the team is winning... but if the winning continues and he's not a factor, beware ex-BFF. And Mr. Owens is so charming as a great teammate to The Chosen, that he'll divide the locker room. If the offense is stalling, he'll have most, if not the entire defense on his side. Do you really want that scenario with Cutler, who looks like he has brittle feelings? I know I do, but do you?

Owens has feuded with or ruined the enviornment of all but one QB he's played with extensively. Difference with that other QB, Steve Young, was that Young caught the diva in the womb, otherwise he'd be on that list of victims. He had him at the time when he was simply Terrell Owens, a receiver in constant self doubt who had no self worth on the field to brush the doubt aside. That part of Owens is long gone. Do you think all will be rosy with Cutler? It's a two way street, so for those who say Cutler will put Owens in his place, um.. no he won't. Peyton Manning would, but not Cutler. Do you know why?

Then after he's gone, the team tanks. They lose the best weapon. Now Denver would have the best scenario of the previous three, as Marshall or Royal are better than Tai Streets, Freddie Mitchell and Roy Williams. But will Marshall even be there and is Eddie Royal a #1 receiver by the time Owens is gone, or is he this slot receiver some are projecting?

It's no coincidence that he was born on the day of the biggest sneak attack in wartime history. As a person off the field, he still loves his mama, he doesn't hit women and aside from a bizarre overdose, he's been a good NFL citizen. But on the field in terms of the locker room, he's what Brandon Marshall is off the field with women: just stay away.

xzn
03-05-2009, 07:44 PM

THERE HOWS THAT FOR YOU

Honestly, that's not even an F, more like a G or and H...

More like this, corrections bolded:

Let's sign him to a one year deal or maybe two, because he won't speak out during his first year. That timeframe could correspond with our potential need for a suitable replacement while Marshall is potentially suspended.

Additionally, T.O. is one of the hardest working players in the NFL. Maybe some of our recievers will learn from that. Most of you probably don't know this but he actually is a well-liked teammate and a good leader to other WRs like in Dallas. All of his fellow WRs had his back in Philly. (deleted redundant statement) I don't remember if the SF WRs had his back or not. Another positive aspect of signing T.O. is that he has not gotten into legal trouble. If he doesn't get in trouble maybe Marshall will learn a thing or two.

On the other hand, T.O. had a down year by his standards. He still had a relatively impressive 69 catches, 1000+ yards, 10+ td's, which is good in most reciever's books.

Finally, somebody said that T.O. has a tendency to not secure every ball thrown to him within his catching radius, well Marshall also has that same tendency, as a matter of fact I believe he was among the league leaders in that dubious category with 18 such "drops".

There how's that for you ?

bullis26
03-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Oh no i mispelled words on a forum..... thats going to make me a failure in life? nope but oh well maybe if my spelling mattered i'd take more time but in this particular case it doesnt so oh well

topscribe
03-05-2009, 08:01 PM
Oh no i mispelled words on a forum..... thats going to make me a failure in life? nope but oh well maybe if my spelling mattered i'd take more time but in this particular case it doesnt so oh well

Don't worry about it. Most people here aren't going to say anything about it.
The ones who do, shouldn't. :smile:

-----

MasterShake
03-05-2009, 08:01 PM

You shuld go to kollege like me. Then u b smrt!

claymore
03-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Don't worry about it. Most people here aren't going to say anything about it.
The ones who do, shouldn't. :smile:

-----

Dude, I reported the post. I was PISSED.

JKcatch724
03-05-2009, 08:07 PM

Maybe use a period or two every now and then. ;)

omac
03-05-2009, 08:25 PM

Fire away.

Owens is a great player, but Denver can't handle him. Analysts say maybe only NE and Pittsburgh can. Still, nice bold post. :salute:

roomemp
03-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Marshall and T.O. could not exist together. We would need to trade Marshall which I think is a good idea at this point. He is coming up on his contract year. If he gets suspended this year, the next time he gets in trouble he will be facing a year long suspension. I say lets try to get Peppers by trading Marshall, and a 2nd or a 3rd. Then we sign T.O. to an incentive laden contract......Its a win win in my opinion.

topscribe
03-05-2009, 08:50 PM
Dude, I reported the post. I was PISSED.

Just close your eyes, Clay, and take a few deep breaths . . .

-----

Poet
03-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Reasons why this is an awful idea.

1. He was barely worth the trouble when he was making himself a first ballad HOF WR.

2. Now he is nowhere near that level of play.

3. As his speed declines he becomes worse. Marvin Harrison staved off his physical decline with great route running and intelligent football play. TO does not run good routes, nor does he have the ability to play intelligent football. He is only going to decline more and more physically.

4. He is a cancer. Make no bones about it he is a cancer. Yeah, every team he has been on has half the locker room rooting for him. That is the sign of a cancer, because that means that the other half of the team doesn't want him. Mark Schelereth made a good point when he said that the only guys who support him are guys who are never forced to deal with him on a daily basis. It's always other WRs and defensive players. Notice how every QB he has ever had loathes him.

5.Ed Werder reported today that Romo was going to Jerry Jones to lodge his complaints. Tony Romo is a player that I like as a person. He says the right things, he's happy to be out there playing football, he handles all the paparazzi crap really well. He has bent over backwards to soothe the ego of TO time after time. YOu can just watch the interviews and the press conferences. Ever word is gently and carefully placed. Tony Romo is better at talking smooth and well than even the most golden-tongued politician...or cares salesman. :lol:

6. He blows as a football player. I'm sorry, I am usually a guy who thinks that stats for the most part represent your play. TO's stats this year do not represent his play. He dropped more balls than an old man with no arms, Romo forced the ball to him to SOOTHE HIS EGO, the Cowboys randomly abandoned the run at times, and to top it all off he barely managed to crack 1k yards.

Look, the guy has never been a massive yardage guy. Usually he's going to get you around 1200 and 12 TDs. He can have an awful game and then just explode, he's actually an above average run blocking WR. You had to account for him on every play and he was consistently one of the two or three best WRs year in and year out.

Now he is only going to get 1200 yards and 12 TDs if you force the offense around him even MORE than the Cowboys did this year. And hell, Trent Dilfer broke down how teams stopped him. They put a single physical CB on him. Man, that just seems bad.

7. Does his ego have the ability to not be the focal point of an offense? I don't think so, and with his past behavior you assume the answer is NO to any questions that even remotely would speak on his character.

Devilspawn
03-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Well good news according to ESPN, 30 of the 32 teams said no to T.O.. These were official answers by team officials.

One team that didn't say no was the Titans.

Do I need to give you a hint on that other team??!! :mad:

weazel
03-05-2009, 09:53 PM

Fire away.

I hear he likes to be the pitcher, not the catcher. You still want him?

TXBRONC
03-05-2009, 09:56 PM
UA I respect your opinion but I think it would be a major mistake to bring T.O. to Denver. First off, the exact same issues have followed him to three different teams. Second, all three teams have gotten so sick of that they just wanted him gone regardless of the expense. I have no love lose for the Cowboys but if Jerry Jones is willing to eat a $9 million dollar cap hit just to get rid of him that should tell you everything you need to know.

topscribe
03-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Valid points Top as always. I'd rather have Marshall than Owens any day of the week. I'm just worried we might not be able to count on him(Marshall).

That makes two of us, frankly . . .

-----

TXBRONC
03-05-2009, 10:07 PM
That makes two of us, frankly . . .

-----

Is there room for one more?

bullis26
03-05-2009, 10:18 PM
haha i love how everybody is complaining about T.O. dropping too many balls you guys dont watch broncos games obviously because if you did you two would be complaining about marshall and so far i've only heard people complain about how stupid we was. How many drops T.O. have this year? Well the anwser is LESS than marshall and T.O. still had a good year last year 1000+ yards good double digit td's good

horsepig
03-05-2009, 10:20 PM
You shuld go to kollege like me. Then u b smrt!

Hookted on fonix rilly werkt fer me!

horsepig
03-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Seriously folks, the NFL is littered with tards that found their way late and became very valuable players later in their careers. Big Al used to pick'em up by the dozens, back when he still had his wits about him.

Can McD maybe turn T.O. into this year's Randy Moss? Maybe, worth a shot I'd say.

DenBronx
03-05-2009, 10:26 PM
you t.o. haters can quit bitchin because he's not coming here.

topscribe
03-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Seriously folks, the NFL is littered with tards that found their way late and became very valuable players later in their careers. Big Al used to pick'em up by the dozens, back when he still had his wits about him.

Can McD maybe turn T.O. into this year's Randy Moss? Maybe, worth a shot I'd say.

If he can do that with T.O., then he can do that with Marshall/Royal.

I'm not a great fan of importing trouble . . .

-----

DenBronx
03-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Well good news according to ESPN, 30 of the 32 teams said no to T.O.. These were official answers by team officials.

One team that didn't say no was the Titans.

Do I need to give you a hint on that other team??!! :mad:

the titans also said no.

-- Titans Shun T.O. --
Thu Mar 5, 2009 --

The Nashville Tennessean reports a Titans team source said the team will not pursue free-agent WR Terrell Owens.

good news for you though spawn. because j-walk is going to be your starting wr again next year.

-- Javon Walker Restructures --
Thu Mar 5, 2009 --

The San Francisco Chronicle reports Raiders WR Javon Walker did a "major restructuring" of his contract, a league source familiar with the significantly reduced deal, allowing him to stay on the team for a second season and giving the Raiders much-needed cap relief. For starters, Walker's $5 million roster bonus was eliminated -- well, sort of. Instead of a bonus, he'll get his adjusted base salaries guaranteed for the next two seasons against skill, injury and cap. As far as average annual salary goes, Walker went from (potentially) $9 million a year to $3.2 million a year. He makes $2 million in base salary this season and $2.6 million next season -- that accounts for all but $400,000 of his roster bonus. But be sure, he's losing serious money with slashed base salaries. He was due $4 million this season and $6 million next season. He also will make $3.2 million in 2011 (instead of $8 million), $3.8 million in 2012 (instead of $10 million) and $4.4 million in 2013 (instead of $10 million).

getlynched47
03-05-2009, 10:30 PM
TO is a little baby-back bitch.....

He's the epitomy of a loser...eff that idiot

This is a STUPID idea

Devilspawn
03-05-2009, 10:55 PM
the titans also said no.

-- Titans Shun T.O. --
Thu Mar 5, 2009 --

The Nashville Tennessean reports a Titans team source said the team will not pursue free-agent WR Terrell Owens.
Well then, 31 out of 32 teams said no. I hope T.O. sez no to that 32nd team. Please. Javon cleaned up the cap room to make such a signing possible.

Poet
03-05-2009, 10:57 PM
haha i love how everybody is complaining about T.O. dropping too many balls you guys dont watch broncos games obviously because if you did you two would be complaining about marshall and so far i've only heard people complain about how stupid we was. How many drops T.O. have this year? Well the anwser is LESS than marshall and T.O. still had a good year last year 1000+ yards good double digit td's good

So because Marshall drops the ball it's ok? I don't mean to sound sarcastic, but if you applied that logic to your team across the board: because one DE can't get pressure it's fine for the other to suck, if one LB or safety can't tackle anyone, everyone is absolved.

TO managed to get those stats being force fed the ball. If the Cowboys actually ran the offense the way it should be (strong running game with a good PA game to crush people with Witten and open up deep routes for Williams and Crayton and TO) his numbers would have been worse.

TO is washed up.

bullis26
03-05-2009, 10:59 PM
T.O. had the ball forced to him this year but he dominated in years past and no denying that and that top part really didnt make sense king no its not okay for marshall to drop the ball ok?

TXBRONC
03-05-2009, 11:01 PM

Yeah, Marshall had 12 Owens had 10 wow big difference. :coffee:

bullis26
03-05-2009, 11:03 PM
where do you get twelve from he had eightteen 18 he said the drops were due to nerve damage when he "slipped on a mcdonalds bag" while horsing around with his brother or cousin that was in an interview conducted after the season him and braylon edwards 1 and 2 in drops the interview was on NFL network btw

Foochacho
03-05-2009, 11:04 PM
So because Marshall drops the ball it's ok? I don't mean to sound sarcastic, but if you applied that logic to your team across the board: because one DE can't get pressure it's fine for the other to suck, if one LB or safety can't tackle anyone, everyone is absolved.

TO managed to get those stats being force fed the ball. If the Cowboys actually ran the offense the way it should be (strong running game with a good PA game to crush people with Witten and open up deep routes for Williams and Crayton and TO) his numbers would have been worse.

TO is washed up.

Thats not how you should talk about your new wide reciever.:D

Poet
03-05-2009, 11:05 PM
T.O. had the ball forced to him this year but he dominated in years past and no denying that and that top part really didnt make sense king no its not okay for marshall to drop the ball ok?

Umm, he has dominated in years past. So did LT, would you want him to be your RB?

He is old, he has never NOT been a cancer, he is not worth having on the team.

Poet
03-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Thats not how you should talk about your new wide reciever.:D

You sir are instigating a fight!!!!! ;)

TXBRONC
03-05-2009, 11:15 PM
where do you get twelve from he had eightteen 18 he said the drops were due to nerve damage when he "slipped on a mcdonalds bag" while horsing around with his brother or cousin that was in an interview conducted after the season him and braylon edwards 1 and 2 in drops the interview was on NFL network btw

I googled it and this what I came up with.

http://sports.iwon.com/nfl/stats/league/passesdropped.html

atwater27
03-05-2009, 11:15 PM
I actually don't have a problem with Owens and think he is an excellent wide receiver. But pairing him with a young, sensitive QB and a jackass like Marshall could not be good.

bullis26
03-05-2009, 11:16 PM
would i want LT as my running back? ummmm.....not only would i want LT as my running back but there would be about 30 other teams wanting him as a running back man your stupid one down year due to injuries and you think he's done haha i hate the chargers but i'm not going to be the stupid one saying LT sucks

bullis26
03-05-2009, 11:18 PM
I googled it and this what I came up with.

http://sports.iwon.com/nfl/stats/league/passesdropped.html

NFL network much much more reliable than that

TXBRONC
03-05-2009, 11:18 PM
would i want LT as my running back? ummmm.....not only would i want LT as my running back but there would be about 30 other teams wanting him as a running back man your stupid one down year due to injuries and you think he's done haha i hate the chargers but i'm not going to be the stupid one saying LT sucks

One year? He's been breaking down the last two years.

bullis26
03-05-2009, 11:19 PM
another thing i find funny is you would rather have Lamont Jordan, JJ arrington, Correll Buckhalter, Peyton Hillis, Ryan Torian, and Selvin Young as your running backs than LT? LT!!!!! wow i would trade all of them to get LT

TXBRONC
03-05-2009, 11:21 PM
NFL network much much more reliable than that

Ok but what have you offered up? If I'm understanding you correctly you're saying there is a big difference in how many dropped pass Marshall had verse TO.

bullis26
03-05-2009, 11:21 PM
he's been breaking down the last two? he got hurt in the playoffs two years ago he was still good the season before he led the league in rushing was up there in td's so where do you get your information from?

bullis26
03-05-2009, 11:23 PM
do the math 18-10 = 8 eight is a big difference what if we scored 8 more points against the bills? i dont feel like looking up all the scores this year but im sure there was another game we lost by 8? We wouldve been in the playoffs if 8 wasnt a big difference

Poet
03-05-2009, 11:25 PM

Sir, LT has issues staying on the field. He has issues being able to produce with minor injuries. He is no longer a versatile player. When was the last time you saw LT dominate a game? He used to be the entire offense; LT used to catch out of the backfield, run better than anyone in the league, block well, and rarely throw the ball.

It isn't one down year. It's the simple factor of his play declining year after year. He hit that dreaded number 30, for a RB it's almost a death sentence.

UnderArmour
03-05-2009, 11:27 PM
Sir, LT has issues staying on the field. He has issues being able to produce with minor injuries. He is no longer a versatile player. When was the last time you saw LT dominate a game? He used to be the entire offense; LT used to catch out of the backfield, run better than anyone in the league, block well, and rarely throw the ball.

It isn't one down year. It's the simple factor of his play declining year after year. He hit that dreaded number 30, for a RB it's almost a death sentence.
Aren't you a Bengals fan? He's still right now better than any of the shitty running backs you've had in the past 8 years. So what? LT had one down year. Big deal. He can still bounce back, it's a little early to stick the fork in him.

Poet
03-05-2009, 11:27 PM
he's been breaking down the last two? he got hurt in the playoffs two years ago he was still good the season before wow your an idiot he led the league in rushing was up there in td's so where do you get your information from?

As much as I fervently disagree with TX on....almost everything football related, especially when we delve in the HOF talks, to say that he is an idiot because he pointed out that since LT basically sat out in the playoffs due to an injury is rather silly.

TX is a good, smart fan. I think the way the Chargers have handled LT recently kind of makes his point.

bullis26
03-05-2009, 11:29 PM
when's the last time ive seen him dominate well it was a very important game for us to win? that give you a hint? prolly not week 17 vs the broncos he killed us and how do you expect him to follow his 06 year he still was the best back in 07, now he was hurt the whole year he's got another 2-3 years in him

Poet
03-05-2009, 11:29 PM
Aren't you a Bengals fan? He's still right now better than any of the shitty running backs you've had in the past 8 years. So what? LT had one down year. Big deal. He can still bounce back, it's a little early to stick the fork in him.

What does my allegiance to my hometown have to do with this?

Being better than Rudi Johnson, an aging Cory Dillon, Chris Perry, DeDe Dorsey, Kenny "whoops there goes my career" Irons, and Cedric Benson is as impressive as beating a supermodel in an eating challenge.

TXBRONC
03-05-2009, 11:30 PM
do the math 18-10 = 8 eight is a big difference what if we scored 8 more points against the bills? i dont feel like looking up all the scores this year but im sure there was another game we lost by 8? We wouldve been in the playoffs if 8 wasnt a big difference

You say Marshall had 18 genius but you have not shown me anything that backs that up. I don't plan on taking your word for it. I provided actual stats what did you provide?

bullis26
03-05-2009, 11:30 PM
finally a smart person in here in under armour LT is better than any of the scrubs on our team. None of them could stay healthy either

Poet
03-05-2009, 11:31 PM
finally a smart person in here in under armour LT is better than any of the scrubs on our team. None of them could stay healthy either

Once again, being better than BAD players is nothing to be proud of.

Hey, I have above average writing skills and I spell better than retarded kids!

YAAAAAAAAAAY!

bullis26
03-05-2009, 11:32 PM
An interview on NFL network im sure you could find it on NFL.com but i dont feel like wasting my time anything that espn or nfl says i'd believe i didnt even look at that link because i saw neither of those in there nfl live just monday or tuesday even said marshall led the league in drops..... it didnt say how many he had but it did say he led the league and didnt braylon edwards have 16 or 17 theres another indication right there

topscribe
03-05-2009, 11:34 PM
he's been breaking down the last two? he got hurt in the playoffs two years ago he was still good the season before wow your an idiot he led the league in rushing was up there in td's so where do you get your information from?

Hey, I stood up for you on the grammar/spelling deal.

But I won't be able to help you, once the mods catch wind of your calling
other posters "idiots" and "stupid." Nor will I necessarily want to . . .

-----

TXBRONC
03-05-2009, 11:34 PM
Once again, being better than BAD players is nothing to be proud of.

Hey, I have above average writing skills and I spell better than retarded kids!

YAAAAAAAAAAY!

King, you and I are just wasting good band width. Maybe we should move on?

Poet
03-05-2009, 11:35 PM
An interview on NFL network im sure you could find it on NFL.com but i dont feel like wasting my time anything that espn or nfl says i'd believe i didnt even look at that link because i saw neither of those in there nfl live just monday or tuesday even said marshall led the league in drops..... it didnt say how many he had but it did say he led the league and didnt braylon edwards have 16 or 17 theres another indication right there

Braylon Edwards was a one year wonder. He also manages to blow up on the sidelines and cry like a girl.

That isn't really, relevant, but I have Cleveland!!:D

Are you referring to the interview on ESPN when Marshall admitted to dropping like 20 balls?

That wasn't a concrete stat, that was his opinion.

Poet
03-05-2009, 11:36 PM
King, you and I are just wasting good band width. Maybe we should move on?

You wanna go duke it out in another random HOF thread?

Even though you and I have done it about....a thousand times before, it would be more useful. :salute:

TXBRONC
03-05-2009, 11:36 PM
Braylon Edwards was a one year wonder. He also manages to blow up on the sidelines and cry like a girl.

That isn't really, relevant, but I have Cleveland!!:D

Are you referring to the interview on ESPN when Marshall admitted to dropping like 20 balls?

That wasn't a concrete stat, that was his opinion.

Thank you King. :salute:

EMB6903
03-05-2009, 11:37 PM
I think Edwards is the best WR in the afc north actually

TXBRONC
03-05-2009, 11:38 PM
You wanna go duke it out in another random HOF thread?

Even though you and I have done it about....a thousand times before, it would be more useful. :salute:

Agreed.

TXBRONC
03-05-2009, 11:39 PM

You think he's better than Hines Ward?

Poet
03-05-2009, 11:40 PM

He is awful. I'm not being a homer, but a healthy Chad Johnson CRUSHES him. Even with our awful line and injury maligned QB, Chad Johnson destroys him.

Hell, Edwards has had one good season. Hines Ward, Santiono Holmes, and Lavernous Coles all are better than him.

Edwards is a failure. It won't change.

BroncoWave
03-05-2009, 11:41 PM

That is such a load of shit. There were games when Witten had a better day than T.O. and I never saw any of these "meltdowns" to which you refer.

bullis26
03-05-2009, 11:42 PM
okay ill go down through every team for you that even has an argument doesnt mean there better just an arguement broncos scrubs(no) raiders....fargas bush, mcfadden(no) Chiefs Lt, Charles (no) Panthers Williams, stewart (yes) saints thomas, bush (no) bucs carnal, graham, ward(no) packers grant, jackson(no) vikings AD, taylor (yes) bears Forte(yes) lions rudy, smith(no) pats benjarvis green ellie, maroney, faulk,morris(no) dolphins ricky, brown(yes) bills lynch, forgot his backup(yes) jets jones, washington (yes) falcons turner,norwood(yes) bengals benson,perry(no) eagles westbrook, booker (yes) giants jacobs,bradshaw (no, he's always hurt) cardnals hightower,james(no) redskins portis betts(yes) seahawks scrubs (no) 49ers gore (no) rams jackson (yes) browns lewis (no) ravens willis, mcclain, rice (no)steelers parker, mendenhall, moore (no) texans slayton(yes) colts addai (no) jags MJD (yes) titans johnson white (yes) those are only possible arguement
AD, Deangelo, Turner are the only three guys that are better than him

Poet
03-05-2009, 11:42 PM
That is such a load of shit. There were games when Witten had a better day than T.O. and I never saw any of these "meltdowns" to which you refer.

He had a meltdown via saying that Romo conspires against him with Witten.

BroncoWave
03-05-2009, 11:43 PM

That was never proven. That was all hear-say in the media.

TXBRONC
03-05-2009, 11:43 PM

He's was pitching a fit during their game against Steelers.

bullis26
03-05-2009, 11:45 PM
ward is clutch, and a great blocker, edwards on the other hand had a good year two, and great year 3 so actually 2 of four years and no the exact number of drops is 18 for marshall, and ocho cinco was healthy for the most part the past two years he was just busy getting suspended i dont always agree with EMB but he knows what he's talking about obviously you guys dont if your saying this about edwards and LT

EMB6903
03-05-2009, 11:46 PM
He is awful. I'm not being a homer, but a healthy Chad Johnson CRUSHES him. Even with our awful line and injury maligned QB, Chad Johnson destroys him.

Hell, Edwards has had one good season. Hines Ward, Santiono Holmes, and Lavernous Coles all are better than him.

Edwards is a failure. It won't change.

you could make a case for Holmes and Chad Johnson...Comparing Coles and Ward to Edwards currently is a joke IMO....Braylon Edwards is an amazing deep threat who has never had an above average QB yet still managed to have 28 td's in 4 seasons while averaging 16 yards a catch, chad johnson has better statistics but has had a much better QB in the process.

bullis26
03-05-2009, 11:50 PM
holmes was great in the playoffs but has been average maybe alittle above average in the regular season untill i see him do it next year (which i tihkn he will) we cant compare him with braylon

Poet
03-05-2009, 11:51 PM
ward is clutch, and a great blocker, edwards on the other hand had a good year two, and great year 3 so actually 2 of four years and no the exact number of drops is 18 for marshall, and ocho cinco was healthy for the most part the past two years he was just busy getting suspended i dont always agree with EMB but he knows what he's talking about obviously you guys dont if your saying this about edwards and LT

http://www.nfl.com/players/braylonedwards/profile?id=EDW127548

Edwards has had ONE good year. The other years BARRING 2007 were awful.

Ward is clutch, a good redzone threat, can block, and is a third down threat.

Chad Johnson has had all of one bad year in his career barring this year. He played with a seperated shoulder, Palmer went out for the year after the Giants game barring the one other game he played in Dallas.

http://www.nfl.com/players/chadjohnson/profile?id=JOH104425

He has been suspended all of one game in his career. Not the multiple times that you claim.

Poet
03-05-2009, 11:52 PM
holmes was great in the playoffs but has been average maybe alittle above average in the regular season untill i see him do it next year (which i tihkn he will) we cant compare him with braylon

Holmes has had several years were he was at least above average. Edwards has had one year in which he was good.

Three above average years> one great year and nothing but trash.

Edwards is a wretched player.

topscribe
03-05-2009, 11:53 PM
Holmes has had several years were he was at least above average. Edwards has had one year in which he was good.

Three above average years> one great year and nothing but trash.

Edwards is a wretched player.

He is #1 in the league in dropped balls. That is, he has the most.

-----

Poet
03-05-2009, 11:57 PM
you could make a case for Holmes and Chad Johnson...Comparing Coles and Ward to Edwards currently is a joke IMO....Braylon Edwards is an amazing deep threat who has never had an above average QB yet still managed to have 28 td's in 4 seasons while averaging 16 yards a catch, chad johnson has better statistics but has had a much better QB in the process.

How is he a great deep threat? You aren't a great anything when you fail to ever be anything other than a player with one great year and a bunch of bad seasons.

Chad Johnson put up good numbers with Jon Kitna. Johnson has put up numbers with bad offensive lines and no running games. In other words, he was the focal point of our offense. You take that into consideration and it levels the playing field out a lot.

Edwards has 28 TDs in four years. 16 of which came in ONE year. Doesn't that tell you something? Calvin Johnson put up great numbers on the worst team in NFL history. Chad Johnson put up numbers with Jon Kitna. Andre JOhnson has put up numbers in Houston. Ward put up numbers with Tommy Maddox. You can still be productive as hell and have a bad QB. The fact that Edwards has only done it once with a good line and a stud TE tells you something.

That something is that he's a nutjob. In 2006 he went off on his QB, I think it was Charlie Frye. He's been seen sulking on the sidelines, he's been mouthy in the media. Yeah, he has talent, and one great year. That's it.

Poet
03-05-2009, 11:58 PM
He is #1 in the league in dropped balls. That is, he has the most.

-----

Top, your logic is not wanted here. This is the interwebz. Go read a book you logically man you!:mad::salute:

bullis26
03-05-2009, 11:58 PM
61 884 14.5 75 6 3 7 2.3 8 0 thats edwards stats from year two wrs dont ussually break out until year three compare his year to to chad johnsons santonio hasnt been better than edwards except for this year and everybody is so up on royal including me but according to you his stats were only a big difference in catches he had about 100 yards more also

Poet
03-06-2009, 12:01 AM
That was never proven. That was all hear-say in the media.

I don't have to prove it. When that craps follows you year after year, team after team, you lose all benefit of the doubt.

Why would I give someone the benefit of the doubt when they:
Called their former starting QB a slur that insults his sexuality.
Called McNabb out when he was in Philly.
Kept taking Andy Reid's parking space.
The entire fiasco of him and the Ravens.
Oh god, the list goes on. If I have spare time tomorrow, like three or 12 hours, I'll make a very very long list of all the awesomeness that is TO.

bullis26
03-06-2009, 12:01 AM
but looks like you guys finally released how valueble LT is your atleast getting a lttle smarter :)

topscribe
03-06-2009, 12:03 AM
but looks like you guys finally released how valueble LT is your atleast getting a lttle smarter :)

I can't think of anybody I would give up for LT at this time, unless it would be
a depth back . . . maybe Selvin or Hall. If they said hell no to that, I might
throw in a 6th round pick and a foot-long at Subway . . .

-----

Poet
03-06-2009, 12:04 AM
61 884 14.5 75 6 3 7 2.3 8 0 thats edwards stats from year two wrs dont ussually break out until year three compare his year to to chad johnsons santonio hasnt been better than edwards except for this year and everybody is so up on royal including me but according to you his stats were only a big difference in catches he had about 100 yards more also

I think you would be best served using the hyperlink function.

I honestly don't understand anything you just said. I don't want to be mean, but without punctuation all I see are fragments of an argument and one very sentence.

I also have no clue how you can argue that Edwards is a beast when he has had one good year. However many years you have had in the league, I don't think you are a beast until you prove that you can do it year in and out.

Poet
03-06-2009, 12:04 AM

I don't think that you are in a position to comment on the intelligence of anyone Bullis.

bullis26
03-06-2009, 12:06 AM
okay xanders would give all our backs up, and you just said holmes had above average years every year when edwards has outplayed him every year except this year huh your intelligent but really name ten backs in this league are better than LT just because he's a charger doesnt mean he sucks

TXBRONC
03-06-2009, 12:07 AM
I can't think of anybody I would give up for LT at this time, unless it would be
a depth back . . . maybe Selvin or Hall. If they said hell no to that, I might
throw in a 6th round pick and a foot-long at Subway . . .

-----

Lets not get carried away Top. I would rather keep that foot-long from Subway. If the Chargers insisted the deal would be off. :D

topscribe
03-06-2009, 12:09 AM
Lets not get carried away Top. I would rather keep that foot-long from Subway. If the Chargers insisted the deal would off. :D

Sorry, but that's where I draw the line.

Give them the sandwich, or we dissolve our partnership! :mad:

-----

Poet
03-06-2009, 12:10 AM
okay xanders would give all our backs up, and you just said holmes had above average years every year when edwards has outplayed him every year except this year huh your intelligent but really name ten backs in this league are better than LT just because he's a charger doesnt mean he sucks

Ummm..

http://www.nfl.com/players/santonioholmes/profile?id=HOL657297

http://www.nfl.com/players/braylonedwards/profile?id=EDW127548

Compare the amount of drops, the offensive lines, the style of offenses, the fact that Edwards tossed up a 500 yard season, and their performance this year and it isn't hard to come to the conclusion that Holmes>Edwards.

Poet
03-06-2009, 12:10 AM
Sorry, but that's where I draw the line.

Give him the sandwich, or we dissolve our partnership! :mad:

-----

I think if you cut the sandwich in half and give him that it would be fair.

topscribe
03-06-2009, 12:12 AM
I think if you cut the sandwich in half and give him that it would be fair.

And give TX the other half?

Pass.

-----

bullis26
03-06-2009, 12:24 AM
2008 Holmes 55 821 5
Edwards 55 873 3 SLIGHT edge holmes
2007 Holmes 52 942 8
Edwards 80 1289 16 HA not even close
2006 Holmes 49 824 2
Edwards 61 884 3 Slight edge edwards
Three years edwards and holmes have been in the league together edwards clearly better 2 of the three years

bullis26
03-06-2009, 12:25 AM
while your at it look up LT's stats much much better than most running backs in the NFL and you jsut said earlier that you cant judge a player based on there team why do you want to do that right now, when we were talking bout #85 wow keep changing your mind

TXBRONC
03-06-2009, 12:48 AM
And give TX the other half?

Pass.

-----

Thanks a lot. :lol:

DenBronx
03-06-2009, 01:06 AM
Well then, 31 out of 32 teams said no. I hope T.O. sez no to that 32nd team. Please. Javon cleaned up the cap room to make such a signing possible.

i dont see why you wouldnt welcome him in. your team desperately needs a wr. walker is as good as done. im not sure why he didnt get cut with the bum knee. t.o. would instantly make an impact for your offense. maybe go after heyward-bey in the draft too.

bullis26
03-06-2009, 01:08 AM
Heyward-bey? 12th pick no hopefully you meant second round but he shouldnt be there somebody will take him based on his 4.3 speed and he will be a bust

DenBronx
03-06-2009, 01:14 AM
Heyward-bey? 12th pick no hopefully you meant second round but he shouldnt be there somebody will take him based on his 4.3 speed and he will be a bust

i was talking to a raider fan...and wasnt implaying to take heyward-bey in the 1st. i was implying bey should go to oakland.

MOtorboat
03-06-2009, 01:15 AM
i dont see why you wouldnt welcome him in. your team desperately needs a wr. walker is as good as done. im not sure why he didnt get cut with the bum knee. t.o. would instantly make an impact for your offense. maybe go after heyward-bey in the draft too.

So, let me get this straight...we cannot get rid of Eddie Royal, but we should add T.O. and go after Heyward-Bey?

DenBronx
03-06-2009, 01:30 AM
So, let me get this straight...we cannot get rid of Eddie Royal, but we should add T.O. and go after Heyward-Bey?

reread my post and my response to the first guy i confused.

no on t.o. for the broncos, yes on t.o. for the raiders. no on picking bey or any wr at 12 not named crabtree and yes on the raiders picking up bey in round 2.

MOtorboat
03-06-2009, 01:35 AM
reread my post and my response to the first guy i confused.

no on t.o. for the broncos, yes on t.o. for the raiders. no on picking bey or any wr at 12 not named crabtree and yes on the raiders picking up bey in round 2.

OK, I catch that drift, but disagree.

BroncoWave
03-06-2009, 01:41 AM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f33/Warbirdz7/TO.jpg

DenBronx
03-06-2009, 01:45 AM
OK, I catch that drift, but disagree.

why? you dont think he would fit in even as a raider? :lol:

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-06-2009, 01:56 AM
It might be a good time in his career to grab him...he is feeling betrayed, and will play with a huge chip on his shoulder...As long as we are winning he will be happy and he would get his fair share of looks and could perhaps become cutlers favorite target. I really DON'T want to see him go to Oakland. Call him a cancer he deserves it but he plays with heart( remember he played with a broken leg)

DenBronx
03-06-2009, 02:01 AM
It might be a good time in his career to grab him...he is feeling betrayed, and will play with a huge chip on his shoulder...As long as we are winning he will be happy and he would get his fair share of looks and could perhaps become cutlers favorite target. I really DON'T want to see him go to Oakland. Call him a cancer he deserves it but he plays with heart( remember he played with a broken leg)

he also played with a sharpie in his sock. i hear thats very painfull.

Foochacho
03-06-2009, 02:05 AM

Physical pain no longer bothers him. He uses up all his tears on his whiny emotions.

That's my quarteback...sob, sob, sob.

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-06-2009, 02:09 AM

broken leg and torn ligaments in his ankle..came back and gave all he had in the superbowl...McNabbs ego is what got T.O booted from philly. Romo had the same problem started making mental mistakes and T.O was on him too. A coach is going to side with his Franchise QB everytime.

Northman
03-06-2009, 02:13 AM
broken leg and torn ligaments in his ankle..came back and gave all he had in the superbowl...McNabbs ego is what got T.O booted from philly. Romo had the same problem started making mental mistakes and T.O was on him too. A coach is going to side with his Franchise QB everytime.

Its amazing the rest of those teams didnt realize how much of a cancer Quarterbacks can be. The world is against T.O and yet no one notices.

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-06-2009, 02:25 AM
T.O left SF feuding with jeff garcia but they worked thru it...wasn't until after he was gone that he made the homosexual comment to Garcia...In Philly he told reporters he wasn't the one that was tired in the superbowl referring to McNabb. Now if your qb isn't playing to the best of their ability, a leader should step up and tell him, its exactly what they need. You call that cancer...I call it trying to be the best...his work ethic is among the best in sports not just the league.

WARHORSE
03-06-2009, 06:45 AM
Cowboys paid 9 millionesssss to CUT him. :crazy::heeeelllllooooo:

If he did happen to come here..........WHY would any team let him ever speak to the press? He would get the Bronco 'GAG ORDER'. If hes not commenting.....chances are he wont stir the pot so much.

Also, I think this recent cutting of T.O. has truly hurt him..........where that leads.........I dont know. But if hes lookin for a new home with his tail tucket between his legs.........and he has learned humility.........give him a chance.

I definitely would not want him to go to Belicheat.

UnderArmour
03-06-2009, 07:22 AM
Terrell Owens will not be an Oakland Raider, Kansas City Chief or Detroit Lion next season. Terrell Owens like to do this thing, you know, win. You think people give media attention to losers?

claymore
03-06-2009, 07:30 AM
Terrell Owens will not be an Oakland Raider, Kansas City Chief or Detroit Lion next season. Terrell Owens like to do this thing, you know, win. You think people give media attention to losers?

The lions got allot of attention this year/ :D

TXBRONC
03-06-2009, 09:30 AM

I was listening to Mike and Mike this morning and they were interviewing Brian Bilick about TO's. In his opinion TO is not good mix for any team with a young developing quarterback. Bilick believes it would be better for him to go to a team where the quarterback's presences is well established. He didn't bring up any particular team but I would think a team like New England or Indianapolis would be prime examples of what he means.

LRtagger
03-06-2009, 10:13 AM
Cowboys paid 9 millionesssss to CUT him. :crazy::heeeelllllooooo:

We paid $21mil to cut Shannahan ;)

xzn
03-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Is there any substantial reason to think that there is even a remote chance we would consider T.O., even talk to him? I have yet to see anything beyond "he's available" and we have cap space...

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Is there any substantial reason to think that there is even a remote chance we would consider T.O., even talk to him? I have yet to see anything beyond "he's available" and we have cap space...

Him being available and us having the the cap space is the substantial reason to think there is a remote chance we could consider T.O. or talk to him.lol

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-06-2009, 12:46 PM
T.O. was supposedly seen in Nashville this morning.

LRtagger
03-06-2009, 02:10 PM
T.O. was supposedly seen in Nashville this morning.

Uh oh hes trying to find Jay.

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Uh oh hes trying to find Jay.

lol

topscribe
03-06-2009, 02:32 PM
I was listening to Mike and Mike this morning and they were interviewing Brian Bilick about TO's. In his opinion TO is not good mix for any team with a young developing quarterback. Bilick believes it would be better for him to go to a team where the quarterback's presences is well established. He didn't bring up any particular team but I would think a team like New England or Indianapolis would be prime examples of what he means.

In his interview with NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f15db7&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true), Jerry Jones implied that the team needed a
"new attitude." I'm not sure we would want to inherit the attitude they just
jettisoned, after the circus season the Cowboys just endured . . .

-----

turftoad
03-06-2009, 02:35 PM
TO is a punk that has brought down EVERY team he's EVER played for.

Why would his next team be any different??

topscribe
03-06-2009, 03:21 PM

And someday he probably will be in the HOF. :tsk:

-----

getlynched47
03-06-2009, 03:23 PM
And someday he probably will be in the HOF. :tsk:

-----

That's some sad shit :coffee:

DenBronx
03-06-2009, 03:28 PM

uh, marshall being suspended for up to 8 games is substantial.

TXBRONC
03-06-2009, 05:09 PM

Three different teams but the same issues, it seems to be a pattern.

Nick
03-06-2009, 05:14 PM
It looks like these are the teams left

* Buffalo Bills
* Carolina Panthers
* Chicago Bears
* Cincinnati Bengals
* Denver Broncos
* Detroit Lions
* Green Bay Packers
* Indianapolis Colts
* Kansas City Chiefs
* New England Patriots
* Pittsburgh Steelers
* Seattle Seahawks

xzn
03-06-2009, 05:26 PM
uh, marshall being suspended for up to 8 games is substantial.

No that is not "substantial" it is CIRCUMSTANTIAL.

topscribe
03-06-2009, 05:40 PM
No that is not "substantial" it is CIRCUMSTANTIAL.

No, I have to agree with Den, in that it would be a substantial reason to
consider T.O., at least until BMarsh came back. T.O. has a pattern of being on
good behavior for a season or so before his dark side emerges, so it may be
feasible for the Broncos to "rent" him for a brief time in the circumstantial
event BMarsh incurs a lengthy suspension.

-----

bullis26
03-06-2009, 06:37 PM
i did see something interesting on foxsports though everywhere T.O. has gone that team has done better with him than without him go to foxsports and look that up. Front page of msn.com also. He is a winner

EMB6903
03-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Eagles were just as good without owens, they had made the nfc champ game several times before he arrived, Parcells and Romo had much more to do with the Cowboys success then TO did, I wouldnt say hes the biggest reason for a teams turnaround.

bullis26
03-06-2009, 06:42 PM
eagles were just as good (13-1 first year with him he gets hurt they finish 13-3) next year 4-3 and finished like 5-11 then eagles have gone on with 10-6, 8-8, 9-6-1 nothing too impressivei'd take that 13-1 over those any day and 49ers had 5 winning seasons in 7 years with T.O. how many since he left?

EMB6903
03-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Niners were a much better team, Owens was far from the reason they went downhill

when judging team records you gotta take into account how much stronger the NFC East overall has improved, when OWens was with the Eagles the nfc east was nothing special... now its probably the best in the league

Im not saying TO wasnt a big contributer to the teams he played on but dont act like he was the main reason these teams improved.

Poet
03-06-2009, 06:57 PM
I think people forget that the Cowboys were really the only team that sought Owens after Philly.

He was taken on by a man who said "TO could sleep on the Dallas Star for all I care."

That's the SAME man who listened to EVERYONE ELSE in his office and CUT TO.
That's the SAME man who looked away after his players would commit crimes. Come on now, everyone knows that Jerry Jones is not a big fan of things that you can't measure like chemistry and a good locker room. Jerry Jones, one of the most confident and stubborn owners in all of sports admitted that he was wrong.

Can he still play at a higher level than most? Yes. Does that mean he is worth it? No.

This proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that damn near every last rumor about TO was true. Why else would they cut him?

EMB6903
03-06-2009, 06:58 PM
I think people forget that the Cowboys were really the only team that sought Owens after Philly.

He was taken on by a man who said "TO could sleep on the Dallas Star for all I care."

That's the SAME man who looked away after his players would commit crimes. Come on now, everyone knows that Jerry Jones is not a big fan of things that you can't measure like chemistry and a good locker room. Jerry Jones, one of the most confident and stubborn owners in all of sports admitted that he was wrong.

Can he still play at a higher level than most? Yes. Does that mean he is worth it? No.

This proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that damn near every last rumor about TO was true. Why else would they cut him?

couldnt have said it better then this...... If Jerry Jones admits hes wrong?

thats a HUGE sign to stay away from him.

topscribe
03-06-2009, 07:01 PM

That and the fact that Dallas took a $9 million hit against their CAP by cutting T.O.

-----

getlynched47
03-06-2009, 07:10 PM
I'd pay to see Terrell Owens hit over and over again by little kids with golf clubs like a pinata :coffee:

SmilinAssasSin27
03-06-2009, 07:26 PM
I'm not reading this whole thing, but in case it hasn't been said...

TO did NOTHING for Philly. He did NOT get them to the Super Bowl. He did not play in 1 single playoff game. So before ya go on about what he meant to Philly, please remember that Roy Williams horsecollared him, causing him to miss the end of the season and the playoffs. Thanx!

EMB6903
03-06-2009, 07:43 PM
TO played in the superbowl, which is considered a playoff game

but TO has clearly lost a step.... I would assume teams would much rather have Torry Holt or Marvin Harrison over TO at this point

Is TO gonna get picked up by anyone is the question?

lex
03-06-2009, 08:02 PM
Why not add him? This team is more and more becoming hard to like as it is. Why not add TO to the mix to go along with our jerkface head coach?

broncohead
03-06-2009, 08:04 PM

but TO has clearly lost a step.... I would assume teams would much rather have Torry Holt or Marvin Harrison over TO at this point

Is TO gonna get picked up by anyone is the question?

He will find somewhere to play.

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-06-2009, 08:36 PM
I'm not reading this whole thing, but in case it hasn't been said...

TO did NOTHING for Philly. He did NOT get them to the Super Bowl. He did not play in 1 single playoff game. So before ya go on about what he meant to Philly, please remember that Roy Williams horsecollared him, causing him to miss the end of the season and the playoffs. Thanx!

Not only did he help the eagles, he came back early from surgery to play in the superbowl and PRODUCE...

Magnificent Seven
03-06-2009, 08:57 PM
I think Terrell Owens might end up in NFC North. Could be in Green Bay, Detroit, Minnesota, and Chicago.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Not only did he help the eagles, he came back early from surgery to play in the superbowl and PRODUCE...

what did they accompish w/ him that they did not without him? NOTHING. In fact, they got farther on their own. He deserves zero credit for getting them to the SB. Kudos for him playing in it, but he had nothing to do w/ them getting there.

Poet
03-06-2009, 09:03 PM
what did they accompish w/ him that they did not without him? NOTHING. In fact, they got farther on their own. He deserves zero credit for getting them to the SB. Kudos for him playing in it, but he had nothing to do w/ them getting there.

Not very fair though. The Eagles were never able to get to the SB until he got there. I don't think that is a coincidence. McNabb played great with TO. TO being there actually helped him finish those last steps into becoming an elite QB. Yeah, everyone knew that McNabb could do great things with great players, but he never was able to do those things until TO got there.

That being said, TO then threw the entire team under the bus, split the locker room in half, got released, went to Dallas, and then botched another locker room.

His play was at one point worth it. He doesn't play that well, he isn't worth it.

bullis26
03-06-2009, 09:04 PM

the broncos actually did pursue him back then, and T.O. will find work rosenhall said theres teams interested and at the very lest Al Davis would take him in with open arms. Owens has lost a step but he's still better than marvin and tory 1000+ yards double digits td's is still pretty good

Poet
03-06-2009, 09:13 PM
the broncos actually did pursue him back then, and T.O. will find work rosenhall said theres teams interested and at the very lest Al Davis would take him in with open arms. Owens has lost a step but he's still better than marvin and tory 1000+ yards double digits td's is still pretty good

Anyone else hear of the Broncos pursuing him?

Rosenhaus says a lot of things. Rosenhaus has also claimed that so many of his clients have been mistreated. :rolleyes: I understand what you're saying Bullis, but it isn't unlikely that it's nothing more than an attempt to drive up interest.

Harrison is all but done. Holt is good if he can stay healthy. Playing with the Rams and that dreadful team hasn't helped his stats that much either.

Yeah, TO can still play, but he isn't worth it. There is not a single argument to be had for him in the locker room. He blew up the locker room in SF. He KILLED Philly's locker room. We now know that he raped and pillaged the locker room of Dallas because the entire staff convinced Jones to take a 9 million dollar cap hit to get rid of him.

He is not worth the risk. If the Broncos signed him you would NEVER make the playoffs with him.

EMB6903
03-06-2009, 09:15 PM
there were Rumors that the Broncos were after him before he went to dallas, but they died quickly

SmilinAssasSin27
03-06-2009, 09:18 PM
thank god.

The only reason I care about the flaming A-hole at all is because I inherited a fantasy team w/ him on it.

bullis26
03-06-2009, 09:22 PM
im not saying there after him now because i really dont think they are, but they were when philly cut him, and i think owens is well worth the risk of a 1-2 year contract just (2 so we can give him some job security, and then cut him after the first year) and then while marshall is suspended we wont be in that bad of shape, and when marshall comes back our wr corps becomes even more dangerous than it already is

UnderArmour
03-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Anyone else hear of the Broncos pursuing him?

Rosenhaus says a lot of things. Rosenhaus has also claimed that so many of his clients have been mistreated. :rolleyes: I understand what you're saying Bullis, but it isn't unlikely that it's nothing more than an attempt to drive up interest.

Harrison is all but done. Holt is good if he can stay healthy. Playing with the Rams and that dreadful team hasn't helped his stats that much either.

Yeah, TO can still play, but he isn't worth it. There is not a single argument to be had for him in the locker room. He blew up the locker room in SF. He KILLED Philly's locker room. We now know that he raped and pillaged the locker room of Dallas because the entire staff convinced Jones to take a 9 million dollar cap hit to get rid of him.

He is not worth the risk. If the Broncos signed him you would NEVER make the playoffs with him.
Sorry, but that's rarely the case with TO. You can't blame the Cowboys missing the playoffs this year on TO. You could even argue that the Eagles suspending TO was why they missed the playoffs that year. You need to check your facts on this because TO is a winner, he'll do anything it takes to win but he gets carried away with that. He always wants to do more and he hasn't had the type of playmakers around him to tell him to shut the hell up, somebody else can make a play and we can win the game. T.O. in New England, Pittsburgh, or Indianapolis would be terrifying. But cost his team a playoff spot? No way.

EMB6903
03-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Sorry, but that's rarely the case with TO. You can't blame the Cowboys missing the playoffs this year on TO. You could even argue that the Eagles suspending TO was why they missed the playoffs that year. You need to check your facts on this because TO is a winner, he'll do anything it takes to win but he gets carried away with that. He always wants to do more and he hasn't had the type of playmakers around him to tell him to shut the hell up, somebody else can make a play and we can win the game. T.O. in New England, Pittsburgh, or Indianapolis would be terrifying. But cost his team a playoff spot? No way.

TO gives a rats ass about winning, I remember 2 minutes after the superbowl game he played in he didnt even care about the eagles losing.... he just kept talking about how well he performed and how people were doubting that he would be effective... TO cares about nothing but himself, thats a fact.

also I dont want the media circus to follow him to Denver like it does EVERYWHERE HE GOES

I cant believe we are still talking about wanting this guy when Torry Holt is available.

Poet
03-06-2009, 09:37 PM

You sure? Because he sure had a lot of drops at key moments. He complained so much about not getting the ball that the Cowboys force fed him the ball. TO hurt his team bad this year, and since they were all of one win away from the playoffs, yeah, you can.

You sir need to check YOUR facts. The simple fact that he needs playmakers to tell him to shut up kind of proves my point. How is a guy who has lost a step, drops a ton of balls, tears up locker rooms, and is a media whore worth it? How?

New England is not going to pick him up. Randy Moss didn't tear up locker rooms, his big faults were giving up on plays. Yeah, TO didn't do that, but he sure shredded THREE different locker rooms.

Pittsburgh wouldn't even dream of picking him up. Look at the Pittsburgh Steelers. Just look at them. The guy who talks the most on that team is Hines Ward. You think a team that just won the SB is going to take a chance on the cancer that is TO? Are you serious? That is just silly.

The chances of him being a Colt are awful too. You think a rookie head coach who is replacing a HOF coach is going to chance his career on TO?

I'm trying to be respectful here, but that's asinine.

Poet
03-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Bullis, you have a head coach that is new and is already in the dog house. You have a sensitive QB who doesn't do very well when he is confronted with anything off the field.

Putting Jay Culter with TO would be like placing a stockpile of bombs next to a box of matches.

bullis26
no T.O. cares only about winning now why do you think he speaks out? this year it wasnt just because he wasnt getting the ball "you bring a guy over here for a first round pick and you dont use him"? there he was talking about roy, he was trying to help the offense, when he played for the 49ers he cared about his stats but now he cares about his tats a lot only if he's losing if he's winning he won't say anything. T.O. in dallas every year there winning perfect teammate(outside the bike incident), T.O. on the eagles perfect teamate until they started losing this guys about winning and works his a** off every day to make himself better to help the team win

EMB6903
Did we all forget that TO thought there was a consiperacy going between Romo and Witten over not getting him the ball?

the guys a nut job

bullis26
03-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Bullis, you have a head coach that is new and is already in the dog house. You have a sensitive QB who doesn't do very well when he is confronted with anything off the field.

Putting Jay Culter with TO would be like placing a stockpile of bombs next to a box of matches.

king i just said the broncos ARENT pursuing him in my opionion that was when he was released from the eagles sorry you didnt understand what i was saying

bullis26
03-06-2009, 09:43 PM
You sure? Because he sure had a lot of drops at key moments. He complained so much about not getting the ball that the Cowboys force fed him the ball. TO hurt his team bad this year, and since they were all of one win away from the playoffs, yeah, you can.

You sir need to check YOUR facts. The simple fact that he needs playmakers to tell him to shut up kind of proves my point. How is a guy who has lost a step, drops a ton of balls, tears up locker rooms, and is a media whore worth it? How?

New England is not going to pick him up. Randy Moss didn't tear up locker rooms, his big faults were giving up on plays. Yeah, TO didn't do that, but he sure shredded THREE different locker rooms.

Pittsburgh wouldn't even dream of picking him up. Look at the Pittsburgh Steelers. Just look at them. The guy who talks the most on that team is Hines Ward. You think a team that just won the SB is going to take a chance on the cancer that is TO? Are you serious? That is just silly.

The chances of him being a Colt are awful too. You think a rookie head coach who is replacing a HOF coach is going to chance his career on TO?

moss would sit there yelling at daunte, yelling at mike tyce, continously got in trouble he woulda been suspended these days (squirting refs with waterbottles, running over cops, etc.) so he wasnt much better than T.O. is he even said he wanted out of minn. then said he missed it when we got to oakland and talked about how excited he was to be there and then he kept trying to get outta there

Poet
03-06-2009, 09:45 PM
no T.O. cares only about winning now why do you think he speaks out? this year it wasnt just because he wasnt getting the ball "you bring a guy over here for a first round pick and you dont use him"? there he was talking about roy, he was trying to help the offense, when he played for the 49ers he cared about his stats but now he cares about his tats a lot only if he's losing if he's winning he won't say anything. T.O. in dallas every year there winning perfect teammate(outside the bike incident), T.O. on the eagles perfect teamate until they started losing this guys about winning and works his a** off every day to make himself better to help the team win

Do you watch football? Like seriously, you won't find a damn person ANYWHERE who actually thinks TO cares about winning.

I find it funny that when he is "trying to help the offense" it directly involves passing the ball to him. Not throwing the ball to Witten, who is hands down the best TE in the NFL right now. Oh no, RUNNING THE BALL is automatically out, nevermind the fact that the PA is a wonderful thing. And don't even think about anyone other than TO first and foremost.

If you can't be a good teammate when things are going bad, then you shouldn't be on that team. I'm sorry, but to have a happy TO on your team you must always throw the ball to him, be a pass first offense, forget about all his drops, soothe his ego, make sure that he is the first option in the red zone, wait I mean first option always, build a pyramid in three days, fight a minotaur with your bare hands, settle the TXBronc and Topscribe sandwich dispute, help BroncoJoe gain hair, help Mo get taller, help me lose weight, help NTL get a sense of humor, and destroy the city of Cleveland.

:laugh:

Poet
03-06-2009, 09:48 PM
moss would sit there yelling at daunte, yelling at mike tyce, continously got in trouble he woulda been suspended these days (squirting refs with waterbottles, running over cops, etc.) so he wasnt much better than T.O. is he even said he wanted out of minn. then said he missed it when we got to oakland and talked about how excited he was to be there and then he kept trying to get outta there

As a supporter of TO, you really want to bring up yelling at people on the sidelines? Really? Seriously?

Randy Moss was a whiny little girl. But he never once tore up a locker room. How many QBs has Moss thrown under the bus? How many times has Moss completely turned it around? Once. How many times has Owens? Never.

bullis26
03-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Do you watch football? Like seriously, you won't find a damn person ANYWHERE who actually thinks TO cares about winning.

I find it funny that when he is "trying to help the offense" it directly involves passing the ball to him. Not throwing the ball to Witten, who is hands down the best TE in the NFL right now. Oh no, RUNNING THE BALL is automatically out, nevermind the fact that the PA is a wonderful thing. And don't even think about anyone other than TO first and foremost.

If you can't be a good teammate when things are going bad, then you shouldn't be on that team. I'm sorry, but to have a happy TO on your team you must always throw the ball to him, be a pass first offense, forget about all his drops, soothe his ego, make sure that he is the first option in the red zone, wait I mean first option always, build a pyramid in three days, fight a minotaur with your bare hands, settle the TXBronc and Topscribe sandwich dispute, help BroncoJoe gain hair, help Mo get taller, help me lose weight, help NTL get a sense of humor, and destroy the city of Cleveland.

haha obvouisly you dont watch football, T.O. said he didnt get the ball enough, pat crayton said that first and t.o. agreed T.O. said roy williams needs to be more involved in this offense and how is t.o. not about winning? He breaks his leg, comes back earlier than he was supposed to (way earlier) to help his team WIN the superbowl, didnt work out but boy did he give an effort, go to FOXSPORTS, NFL, ESPN all those sites will tell you T.O. is about winning so check your sources before saying T.O. doesnt want to win, because thats what he's all about

bullis26
03-06-2009, 09:53 PM
As a supporter of TO, you really want to bring up yelling at people on the sidelines? Really? Seriously?

Randy Moss was a whiny little girl. But he never once tore up a locker room. How many QBs has Moss thrown under the bus? How many times has Moss completely turned it around? Once. How many times has Owens? Never.

I never once said T.O. didnt do that but somebody else said Moss never did that and he did so thats all im saying moss and T.O. are similar Moss is on a winning team he will have no problems if he was still on the raiders he'd be crying nonstop still about leaving, taking entire games off playing when he wants to play, nomatter how bad the team is T.O. will keep playing his a** off!

Poet
03-06-2009, 09:54 PM
haha obvouisly you dont watch football, T.O. said he didnt get the ball enough, pat crayton said that first and t.o. agreed T.O. said roy williams needs to be more involved in this offense and how is t.o. not about winning? He breaks his leg, comes back earlier than he was supposed to (way earlier) to help his team WIN the superbowl, didnt work out but boy did he give an effort, go to FOXSPORTS, NFL, ESPN all those sites will tell you T.O. is about winning so check your sources before saying T.O. doesnt want to win, because thats what he's all about

TO must be like your uncle or something. Yeah, TO said crap about not getting the ball enough. Then oddly enough he had supporters.

TO came back and played in the SB. It was one of his few moments where he looked like a guy who actually was someone not all about himself. That's the problem, he's almost always about himself.

If you honestly think people on Foxsports, NFL, or ESPN will say that he is all about winning then you need to reread some things. No one on ESPN thinks that he is about winning. The overall consensus, by FAR is that TO is a cancer and is in it for himself. I wonder why that is?

Poet
03-06-2009, 09:54 PM
I never once said T.O. didnt do that but somebody else said Moss never did that and he did so thats all im saying moss and T.O. are similar Moss is on a winning team he will have no problems if he was still on the raiders he'd be crying nonstop still about leaving, taking entire games off playing when he wants to play, nomatter how bad the team is T.O. will keep playing his a** off!

Yeah, TO will play his ass off. Then destroy a locker room.

topscribe
03-06-2009, 09:55 PM

In the middle of the third paragraph is about where the Ritalin wore off . . . :coffee:

-----

claymore
03-06-2009, 09:57 PM
Im a trash man, and I dont even want TO on my trash truck, we have work to do damn'it.

bullis26
03-06-2009, 09:58 PM
TO must be like your uncle or something. Yeah, TO said crap about not getting the ball enough. Then oddly enough he had supporters.

TO came back and played in the SB. It was one of his few moments where he looked like a guy who actually was someone not all about himself. That's the problem, he's almost always about himself.

If you honestly think people on Foxsports, NFL, or ESPN will say that he is all about winning then you need to reread some things. No one on ESPN thinks that he is about winning. The overall consensus, by FAR is that TO is a cancer and is in it for himself. I wonder why that is?

PATRICK CRAYTON STARTED SAYING THIS HERE IS ABOUT EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID "T.O. is a playmaker, and when the ball is in his hands he makes plays thats all i know" that was after owens started saying throw the ball to williams, the only thing T.O. said before crayton is "why would you throw the ball into double coverage to witten(steelers game) when the game is on the line when im running down the field wide open"? which he was and T.O. is definately a cancer but he is a great football player that wants to WIN thats how he wanted williams getting the ball, and no go read articles about him thats exactly what they say

bullis26
03-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Yeah, TO will play his ass off. Then destroy a locker room.

never said he doesnt destroy locker rooms because i would be a fool for saying that, but the guy knows how to play football no denying that

Poet
03-06-2009, 10:01 PM
PATRICK CRAYTON STARTED SAYING THIS HERE IS ABOUT EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID "T.O. is a playmaker, and when the ball is in his hands he makes plays thats all i know" that was after owens started saying throw the ball to williams, the only thing T.O. said before crayton is "why would you throw the ball into double coverage to witten(steelers game) when the game is on the line when im running down the field wide open"? which he was and T.O. is definately a cancer but he is a great football player that wants to WIN thats how he wanted williams getting the ball, and no go read articles about him thats exactly what they say

Tony Romo kept soothing TO's ego during his tenure in Dallas. Then it was reported that he was going to Jerry Jones to ask for TO to be removed.

TO thought that Romo and Witten conspired against him.

No one thinks that TO is about winning. To TO, winning goes hand in hand with giving him the ball. When he messes up it's ok; when someone else messes up it isn't ok.

Poet
03-06-2009, 10:01 PM
never said he doesnt destroy locker rooms because i would be a fool for saying that, but the guy knows how to play football no denying that

If he is getting old, hell he is REALLY old, and destroys locker rooms, why would you want him on your team?

bullis26
03-06-2009, 10:05 PM
If he is getting old, hell he is REALLY old, and destroys locker rooms, why would you want him on your team?

because he's still good, 69 catches 1000+ yards double digit td's.....obviously you didnt read the articles from any of the sources T.O. is all about winning your basically the only one that thinks he isnt, he doesnt complain at all when there winning, but when there losing he better be getting the ball, because he wants to win but if there losing he wants the stats

UnderArmour
03-06-2009, 10:08 PM

First of all, TO has not lost a step. I don't know what the hell you're watching, but it sure as hell isn't TO playing football. He can still dominate games and it's hilarious for you to sit here and pretend otherwise. You have this image of an aging football player who can't go anymore, TO isn't a Marvin Harrison or Brett Favre.

Fact of the matter is TO has been the best football player on offense for the 49ers, the Eagles, and the Cowboys. He knows that. He's extremely talented and can make big time plays. If you're the best player on offense and you show up to work every day and bust your ass the way TO does, you tend to be recognized as a leader. TO does something very well, and that's take pressure off of the other players on his football team. He takes all the attention, all the spotlight, and puts it on himself. I fail to see how that's a bad thing.

It's laughable that you'd blame TO for shredding the Dallas locker room. Jerry Jones brought in turds like Tank Johnson and Pacman Jones and gave them substantial roles. Players are supposed to go out and fight for each other but how are they supposed to do that when it's in the back of their head that Pacman and Tank care more about their bad habits than their football team? What about Wade "Yes Man" Phillips? Terrell Owens was a great leader in Dallas who led them to two consecutive playoff births and contributed significantly. He wasn't the reason they missed the playoffs.

Never said those teams would pursue him, although I do see Indianapolis and New England as dark horses, it would just be interesting. Hines Ward, Belichick, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady could get him to shut the hell up. It'd be interesting to see TO as a role player, it's been ages since he's done that in his career. He's always asked and been asked to be the #1 receiver and go out and make plays.

bullis26
03-06-2009, 10:13 PM
First of all, TO has not lost a step. I don't know what the hell you're watching, but it sure as hell isn't TO playing football. He can still dominate games and it's hilarious for you to sit here and pretend otherwise. You have this image of an aging football player who can't go anymore, TO isn't a Marvin Harrison or Brett Favre.

Fact of the matter is TO has been the best football player on offense for the 49ers, the Eagles, and the Cowboys. He knows that. He's extremely talented and can make big time plays. If you're the best player on offense and you show up to work every day and bust your ass the way TO does, you tend to be recognized as a leader. TO does something very well, and that's take pressure off of the other players on his football team. He takes all the attention, all the spotlight, and puts it on himself. I fail to see how that's a bad thing.

It's laughable that you'd blame TO for shredding the Dallas locker room. Jerry Jones brought in turds like Tank Johnson and Pacman Jones and gave them substantial roles. Players are supposed to go out and fight for each other but how are they supposed to do that when it's in the back of their head that Pacman and Tank care more about their bad habits than their football team? What about Wade "Yes Man" Phillips? Terrell Owens was a great leader in Dallas who led them to two consecutive playoff births and contributed significantly. He wasn't the reason they missed the playoffs.

Never said those teams would pursue him, although I do see Indianapolis and New England as dark horses, it would just be interesting. Hines Ward, Belichick, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady could get him to shut the hell up. It'd be interesting to see TO as a role player, it's been ages since he's done that in his career. He's always asked and been asked to be the #1 receiver and go out and make plays.

harrison could still be a great 3rd down reciever in this league but not much more, he's lost more than just a step but he's still got hands(even though he's becoming scared of hit) and favre still has it he just needed a full offseason to get in better shape (6 td's against the superbowl runner ups) he played great until the broncos game and was in the running for mvp but then his play dramastically slipped so it's not that he doesnt have it his whole team and including me think he jsut wasnt in shape (thats why they said he would need to be there for a full offseason if he wanted them to welcome him back)

Northman
03-06-2009, 11:51 PM

Actually, they call that the CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

bullis26
03-06-2009, 11:54 PM
Actually, they call that the CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

actually it is a POSTSEASON game, i dont hear anybody call it a championship game theres AFC championship games and NFC championship games, its called the superbowl plain and simple and all games after the regular season are postseason games

Northman
03-07-2009, 12:02 AM
actually it is a POSTSEASON game, i dont hear anybody call it a championship game theres AFC championship games and NFC championship games, its called the superbowl plain and simple and all games after the regular season are postseason games

But it is not a playoff game. Its a Championship game and there is a difference.

bullis26
03-07-2009, 12:04 AM
But it is not a playoff game. Its a Championship game and there is a difference.

your right its not playoffs but the championship games are called AFC championship games and NFC championship games, its not called the NFL championship game Its just the Super Bowl

JKcatch724
03-07-2009, 12:06 AM
Oh man it must be the offseason when we're arguing about whether the Super Bowl is a playoff game or not :tsk:

bullis26
03-07-2009, 12:09 AM
yeah this is supposed to be about T.O., not playoffs, braylon edwards, LT, santonio holmes, etc.

xzn
03-07-2009, 01:13 AM
No, I have to agree with Den, in that it would be a substantial reason to
consider T.O., at least until BMarsh came back. T.O. has a pattern of being on
good behavior for a season or so before his dark side emerges, so it may be
feasible for the Broncos to "rent" him for a brief time in the circumstantial
event BMarsh incurs a lengthy suspension.

-----

Circumstantial - a condition, detail, part, or attribute, with respect to time, place, manner,agent, etc., that accompanies, determines, or modifies a fact or event; a modifying or influencing factor

Substantial - basic or essential; fundamental

There is no essential, fundamental reason for us to sign T.O.

There is an argument to be made that there is a specific condition (the possibility of Marshall's suspension that would create a circumstance for him to be signed.

Sorry to be pedantic, but you called me out on the meaning of the words and you've got it backwards... :tsk:

SmilinAssasSin27
03-07-2009, 10:35 AM
Not very fair though. The Eagles were never able to get to the SB until he got there.

I think it's very fair. McNabb carried that team to 3 NFCCGs w/ Todd Pinkston and James Thrash. Then TO comes, plays great, but gets hurt before the playoffs. I don't even think an argument can be made that TO set em up for home field advantage as McNabb proved he can will a team w/ subpar talent deep into the playoffs. Once the playoffs began, TO still wasn't there to get them to the SB. Sure he played well in it...and good for him. My point was that people give him credit for getting them "over the hump". when in fact he did no such thing.

BTW...TO is a sickening physical marvel. When I was living back that way I worked w/ a guy who was rehabbing w/ the same team that was working w/ TO. Now this isn't to take anything away from TO's will to get back on the field, BUT...apparently he really didn't have to work THAT hard cuz his body's ability to recover is off the charts. He still busted his ass to make sure, but they say he would have naturally recovered about 30% faster than jmost other atheletes. When ya got it...ya got it. Wish he just wasn't such an ass.

underrated29
03-07-2009, 11:34 AM
I think it's very fair. McNabb carried that team to 3 NFCCGs w/ Todd Pinkston and James Thrash. Then TO comes, plays great, but gets hurt before the playoffs. I don't even think an argument can be made that TO set em up for home field advantage as McNabb proved he can will a team w/ subpar talent deep into the playoffs. Once the playoffs began, TO still wasn't there to get them to the SB. Sure he played well in it...and good for him. My point was that people give him credit for getting them "over the hump". when in fact he did no such thing.

BTW...TO is a sickening physical marvel. When I was living back that way I worked w/ a guy who was rehabbing w/ the same team that was working w/ TO. Now this isn't to take anything away from TO's will to get back on the field, BUT...apparently he really didn't have to work THAT hard cuz his body's ability to recover is off the charts. He still busted his ass to make sure, but they say he would have naturally recovered about 30% faster than jmost other atheletes. When ya got it...ya got it. Wish he just wasn't such an ass.

So he's Wolverine?

gregbroncs
03-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Just say no to TO. For such a supposedly great receiver how come he leads or is close to the lead in dropped passes every year?

Too many negatives to this guy to put him on a young team that has a young QB that already gets offended anytime he hears a rumor of criticism.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-07-2009, 11:38 AM
So he's Wolverine?

just about the same...only different.

lex
03-07-2009, 12:29 PM
thank god.

The only reason I care about the flaming A-hole at all is because I inherited a fantasy team w/ him on it.

Thats a great story. Very interesting. So sad.

Devilspawn
03-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Five years ago, I would've loved Owens in Silver & Black. But that trick hasn't worked since we picked up Jerry Rice. I'll support him as a player if he does sign but I'm against it.

turftoad
03-07-2009, 01:00 PM
OWENS’ DEPARTURE A RELIEF FOR WITTEN, ROMO, GARRETT
Posted by Aaron Wilson on March 7, 2009, 12:50 p.m.
With the Dallas Cowboys cutting ties with combustible wide receiver Terrell Owens this week, the Cowboys’ locker room just became a better environment for tight end Jason Witten and quarterback Tony Romo, Jennifer Floyd Engel of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports.

Not to mention offensive coordinator Jason Garrett, who was reportedly informed by Owens last season that he wasn’t worthy of his respect.

“He had gone after all of them, mostly Garrett, but all of them at one point and it had come to where guys were almost joking about it, ‘Oh, it must be Romo’s turn,’” an anonymous Cowboys player told the Star-Telegram. ”But after a while, it did wear on us.”

As for Witten, who was alleged to be a source for Ed Werder of ESPN reporting the discord caused by Owens, popular opinion amongst the rank-and-file Cowboys has changed. Witten is now regarded as a sympathetic figure who’s back in his teammates’ good graces.

“A bunch of us were talking and a guy was like, ‘Wait, we’re talking about Witten. We know him. This is a good guy, a good teammate,’” an unnamed Cowboys player said. ”And you could see the light bulb go on.”

----------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, we need this guy in our locker room. :tsk:

Northman
03-07-2009, 01:03 PM
OWENS’ DEPARTURE A RELIEF FOR WITTEN, ROMO, GARRETT
Posted by Aaron Wilson on March 7, 2009, 12:50 p.m.
With the Dallas Cowboys cutting ties with combustible wide receiver Terrell Owens this week, the Cowboys’ locker room just became a better environment for tight end Jason Witten and quarterback Tony Romo, Jennifer Floyd Engel of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports.

Not to mention offensive coordinator Jason Garrett, who was reportedly informed by Owens last season that he wasn’t worthy of his respect.

“He had gone after all of them, mostly Garrett, but all of them at one point and it had come to where guys were almost joking about it, ‘Oh, it must be Romo’s turn,’” an anonymous Cowboys player told the Star-Telegram. ”But after a while, it did wear on us.”

As for Witten, who was alleged to be a source for Ed Werder of ESPN reporting the discord caused by Owens, popular opinion amongst the rank-and-file Cowboys has changed. Witten is now regarded as a sympathetic figure who’s back in his teammates’ good graces.

“A bunch of us were talking and a guy was like, ‘Wait, we’re talking about Witten. We know him. This is a good guy, a good teammate,’” an unnamed Cowboys player said. ”And you could see the light bulb go on.”

----------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, we need this guy in our locker room. :tsk:

But according to some his teammates loved him. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

SmilinAssasSin27
03-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Thats a great story. Very interesting. So sad.

I know, right? I'm thinking of selling the movie rights.

Poet
03-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Some people just see the name TO and think it's frigging 2004 again.

UnderArmour
03-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Some people just see the name TO and think it's frigging 2004 again.

Some people just see the name TO and think OMG OMG OMG THE TEAM WILL BLOW UP IMMEDIATELY AND YOUR QUARTERBACK WILL SUCK AND YOUR DEFENSIVE BACKS WONT COVER AND YOUR FRONT SEVEN WILL MISS TACKLES AND OMG OMG OMG YOUR KICKER WILL MISS FIELD GOALS BECAUSE TO IS A LOCKER ROOM CANCER AND YOUR OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR WILL FORGET HOW TO CALL PLAYS CAUSE TO WILL YELL AT HIM AND THEN YOUR STARTING QUARTERBACK WILL BE SAD AND DEMAND A TRADE AND YOUR HEAD COACH WILL BECOME INCOMPETENT AND TRY TO TRADE YOUR QB AND THEN TO WILL YELL AT YOUR BEST PLAYERS CAUSING THEM TO ALL TEAR THEIR ACLs AND BE PUT IN INURED RESERVE AND IT IS ALL TOs FAULT THEY MISSED THE PLAYOFFS.

turftoad
03-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Some people just see the name TO and think OMG OMG OMG THE TEAM WILL BLOW UP IMMEDIATELY AND YOUR QUARTERBACK WILL SUCK AND YOUR DEFENSIVE BACKS WONT COVER AND YOUR FRONT SEVEN WILL MISS TACKLES AND OMG OMG OMG YOUR KICKER WILL MISS FIELD GOALS BECAUSE TO IS A LOCKER ROOM CANCER AND YOUR OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR WILL FORGET HOW TO CALL PLAYS CAUSE TO WILL YELL AT HIM AND THEN YOUR STARTING QUARTERBACK WILL BE SAD AND DEMAND A TRADE AND YOUR HEAD COACH WILL BECOME INCOMPETENT AND TRY TO TRADE YOUR QB AND THEN TO WILL YELL AT YOUR BEST PLAYERS CAUSING THEM TO ALL TEAR THEIR ACLs AND BE PUT IN INURED RESERVE AND IT IS ALL TOs FAULT THEY MISSED THE PLAYOFFS.

:tsk:

Why do you think the 9rs, Eagles and Cowboys got rid of this POS?? :tsk: Why do you think just about every team in the NFL has him black balled?? :tsk:

There is no doubt TO can play the game, however, he's ruined the chemestry on EVERY team he's EVER been on.

I think your post is over reacting a bit.

Foochacho
03-07-2009, 01:59 PM

Why do you think the 9rs, Eagles and Cowboys got rid of this POS?? :tsk: Why do you think just about every team in the NFL has him black balled?? :tsk:

There is no doubt TO can play the game, however, he's ruined the chemestry on EVERY team he's EVER been on.

You should of finished it with one of these-----:tsk:

UnderArmour
03-07-2009, 02:06 PM

And how many combined rings do those teams have from the course of TO's career?

SmilinAssasSin27
03-07-2009, 02:07 PM
and how many does he have? what is your point?

Poet
03-07-2009, 02:17 PM

You know it's really bad when you have to start lying to prove a point UA.

turftoad
03-07-2009, 03:38 PM

I don't know, don't care.

BTW, if there are any< did he win them all by himself??

TXBRONC
03-07-2009, 03:53 PM

UA these teams are no worse off post season wise because non of them won a championship with him on the team and have gone too all of one Super Bowl with him in their starting line ups. At that, the Eagles got home field advantage with TO sidelined and made it two the Super Bowl without him in the line up.

UnderArmour
03-07-2009, 04:05 PM
UA these teams are no worse off post season wise because non of them won a championship with him on the team and have gone too all of one Super Bowl with him in their starting line ups. At that, the Eagles got home field advantage with TO sidelined and made it two the Super Bowl without him in the line up.

And if you look at championship teams, no one player is responsible for their successes. If Terrell Owens is the scapegoat for tearing up these teams, that would mean he would be the one player accepting all the blame. Championship caliber football teams don't give credit to one guy and they don't blame one guy. There is no denying that the Denver Broncos could field a better offense on Sunday if Terrell Owens was in the lineup alongside Brandon Marshall.

This is why I want us to bring in Terrell Owens. He could contribute significantly and be a dangerous weapon in our lineup alongside Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal. Marshall was double covered what seemed like the whole season after week 2 against San Diego. Terrell Owens would definitely free up Marshall, or at least make teams pay for not covering him. Terrell has at least 2 solid seasons left in him before he hits the wall, forcing him to become a role player or retire. So why not pick up a guy like this while he has something left in the tank? A far bigger threat to team chemistry for us is that the offense goes out there and puts up points but the defense couldn't do a damn thing to keep the opposing score under 30. TO? No problem. We could just put up 50.

Poet
03-07-2009, 04:43 PM
And if you look at championship teams, no one player is responsible for their successes. If Terrell Owens is the scapegoat for tearing up these teams, that would mean he would be the one player accepting all the blame. Championship caliber football teams don't give credit to one guy and they don't blame one guy. There is no denying that the Denver Broncos could field a better offense on Sunday if Terrell Owens was in the lineup alongside Brandon Marshall.

No one player is responsible for the success, that is a true story. But, one guy can destroy a locker room. The Eagles' had one of the best locker rooms in the NFL before TO showed up. I'm sorry, but what championship team has TO ever been a part of? That's the thing, TO has been on one team that actually got to the SB. And while I think TO did help McNabb become a better QB, and I think that his impact on that team was and is underrated, maybe those championship caliber teams that he was on really weren't championship caliber teams because of him.

[/QUOTE]This is why I want us to bring in Terrell Owens. He could contribute significantly and be a dangerous weapon in our lineup alongside Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal. Marshall was double covered what seemed like the whole season after week 2 against San Diego. Terrell Owens would definitely free up Marshall, or at least make teams pay for not covering him. Terrell has at least 2 solid seasons left in him before he hits the wall, forcing him to become a role player or retire. So why not pick up a guy like this while he has something left in the tank? A far bigger threat to team chemistry for us is that the offense goes out there and puts up points but the defense couldn't do a damn thing to keep the opposing score under 30. TO? No problem. We could just put up 50.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he can contribute. He is a proven contributor. And at his height of his play his cancer was probably worth it. He's still the same cancer, and a much worse player.

Why would you want him? He would destroy Jay Cutler. I'm sorry, but Cutler is a great QB who is a prima donna. He is very sensitive and TO would destroy his confidence. I'm sorry, but with your young team TO is the LAST thing you guys need.

EMB6903
03-07-2009, 04:44 PM

I cannot believe fans actually still want this guy, he called Jeff Garcia gay, he hated on Donnie Mac the entire time he was in philly, HE FAUGHT HUGH DOUGLAS IN A LOCKER ROOM, he went to dallas.... called out Jason Garrett, Tony Romo, and Jason Witten for a conspiracy theory. Some fans just dont pay attention I guess. If Denver signed TO with a 32 year (ROOKIE) head coach and a QB who gets in his players faces when they mess up. it would go to hell very quick

you are showing your ignorance

EMB6903
03-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Yeah, he can contribute. He is a proven contributor. And at his height of his play his cancer was probably worth it. He's still the same cancer, and a much worse player.

Why would you want him? He would destroy Jay Cutler. I'm sorry, but Cutler is a great QB who is a prima donna. He is very sensitive and TO would destroy his confidence. I'm sorry, but with your young team TO is the LAST thing you guys need.

Sorry but destroy Cutler and his confidence?

they would definately get into it but saying he would destroy Cutler and his confidence is crazy

and Im sick of hearing the BS that Cutler is sensitive... if you were a Pro Bowl QB who was working out at dove valley the last few weeks trying to catch up, then go out of town and hear that you were going to be traded?

I'd be pissed too, call it what you want but your boy Carson would feel disrespected as well, just like any pro bowl caliber QB.

TXBRONC
03-07-2009, 05:04 PM

This is why I want us to bring in Terrell Owens. He could contribute significantly and be a dangerous weapon in our lineup alongside Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal. Marshall was double covered what seemed like the whole season after week 2 against San Diego. Terrell Owens would definitely free up Marshall, or at least make teams pay for not covering him. Terrell has at least 2 solid seasons left in him before he hits the wall, forcing him to become a role player or retire. So why not pick up a guy like this while he has something left in the tank? A far bigger threat to team chemistry for us is that the offense goes out there and puts up points but the defense couldn't do a damn thing to keep the opposing score under 30. TO? No problem. We could just put up 50.

All of one time has Owens ever taken any sort responibility for anythig and that was the Giants ousted them from the playoffs in 2007 when he defended Romo. Other than that I think of any other time that he's taken responsibility for anything.

I not that hopeful that he has two more solid seasons in him not at 35 years of age. I really don't think that it would set well with Owens to play second fiddle to Marshall.

Poet
03-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Sorry but destroy Cutler and his confidence?

they would definately get into it but saying he would destroy Cutler and his confidence is crazy

and Im sick of hearing the BS that Cutler is sensitive... if you were a Pro Bowl QB who was working out at dove valley the last few weeks trying to catch up, then go out of town and hear that you were going to be traded?

I'd be pissed too, call it what you want but your boy Carson would feel disrespected as well, just like any pro bowl caliber QB.

Jay Cutler is a sensitive QB. I'm sorry, but that is the truth. He is not a mentally tough QB right now. TO would tear him down.

I would assume that a professional QB would respond like a professional. Players far far greater than him have been traded, and he has a right to be mad. But to carry on like he did was and is funny.

Carson Palmer has proven time and time again that he can deal with crapola like that. You want to go down that road, look at all the distractions and crap that have plagued Cincinnati since 05. Oddly enough, a lot of those same things are starting to happen in Denver.

EMB6903
03-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Jay Cutler is a sensitive QB. I'm sorry, but that is the truth. He is not a mentally tough QB right now. TO would tear him down.

I would assume that a professional QB would respond like a professional. Players far far greater than him have been traded, and he has a right to be mad. But to carry on like he did was and is funny.

Carson Palmer has proven time and time again that he can deal with crapola like that. You want to go down that road, look at all the distractions and crap that have plagued Cincinnati since 05. Oddly enough, a lot of those same things are starting to happen in Denver.

Carry on? you guys made it sound like he isnt going to report to training camp or OTA's.
all he said was there was nothing to talk about and all the haters come out saying hes amazingly sensitive, I would say hes young, not mentally weak... what QB under 26 is mentally tough?

like I said though he had a right to be pissed... He was the face of the franchise for the last 2 years with Shanahan... some rookie coach comes in and decides he wants to trade him for Matt Schaub.... I mean Matt Cassel
to save his own ass?

I'd feel like any player who was the face of the franchise would feel the same way he did.

Poet
03-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Carry on? you guys made it sound like he isnt going to report to training camp or OTA's.
all he said was there was nothing to talk about and all the haters come out saying hes amazingly sensitive, I would say hes young, not mentally weak... what QB under 26 is mentally tough?

like I said though he had a right to be pissed... He was the face of the franchise for the last 2 years with Shanahan... some rookie coach comes in and decides he wants to trade him for Matt Schaub.... I mean Matt Cassel
to save his own ass?

I'd feel like any player who was the face of the franchise would feel the same way he did.

Well actually there have been a lot of mentally tough QBs under the age of 26. Big Ben was, Farve with all his screwed things in his life was, Flacco and Matt Ryan certainly appear to be the same way.

He had a right to be pissed. But my god, you ever recall the saying its not what you say, its how you say it?

TXBRONC
03-07-2009, 05:26 PM
I don't think Owens would destroy Jay's confidence in his abilities, but I still wouldn't want put Jay or any other quarterback not named Felica Rivers in a position of having to deal with this guy.

Poet
03-07-2009, 05:28 PM
That's fair. This offseason has changed the way I view Cutler tremendously though.

EMB6903
03-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Well actually there have been a lot of mentally tough QBs under the age of 26. Big Ben was, Farve with all his screwed things in his life was, Flacco and Matt Ryan certainly appear to be the same way.

He had a right to be pissed. But my god, you ever recall the saying its not what you say, its how you say it?

what happened to Favre before he was 26?

Matt Ryan?? why would you say Matt Ryan and Flacco?

Only person who I would have is Tom Brady and maybe Big ben, other than that I have no idea

but if you are just going by early production than I think Cutler is just as strong, Cutler had 9 tds to 5 ints in 5 games his rookie year (first qb ever to throw 2 tds in each of his first 4 games)

Poet
03-07-2009, 05:33 PM
what happened to Favre before he was 26?

Matt Ryan?? why would you say Matt Ryan and Flacco?

WHY?

Only person who I would have is Tom Brady and maybe Big ben, other than that I have no idea

but if you are just going by early production than I think Cutler is just as strong, Cutler had 9 tds to 5 ints in 5 games his rookie year (first qb ever to throw 2 tds in each of his first 4 games)

Farve....vicodin...alcohol.....

Matt Ryan and Flacco got to the playoffs as rookies and palyed well to get there as ROOKIES! How many rookies do that?

bullis26
03-07-2009, 05:34 PM

the eagles didnt get home field advantage without him in there lineup the eagles lost one game that year with T.O. in the lineups and that was to the 15-1 steelers, the eagles finished 13-1 with T.O. in there lineup, and then 0-2 without him in regular season...... T.O. is a big part of why they got homefield advantage

turftoad
03-07-2009, 05:39 PM
the eagles didnt get home field advantage without him in there lineup the eagles lost one game that year with T.O. in the lineups and that was to the 15-1 steelers, the eagles finished 13-1 with T.O. in there lineup, and then 0-2 without him in regular season...... T.O. is a big part of why they got homefield advantage

TO was also the MAIN reason the Cowboys DIDN'T make the playoffs last year.

EMB6903
03-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Farve....vicodin...alcohol.....

Matt Ryan and Flacco got to the playoffs as rookies and palyed well to get there as ROOKIES! How many rookies do that?

he was addicted to drugs and stopped, that makes him tougher than Cutler? knowing Favre he would have pulled the same exact BS as cutler did, look at his recent history with Ted Thompson, Id' say thats pretty sensitive.

and this happened before he was 26? Im not sure

Flacco got to the playoffs, and Trent Dilfer won a superbowl.... Flacco was a great game manager.. Cutler would have been just as good with one of the most dominant Defenses in the league as well

Flacco nor Ryan played that good in the playoffs, but if you are using team accomplishments to decide that they are mentally stronger? then you are reaching

Falcons were a great team this year, matt ryan was a part of it.. but Michael Turner, Roddy white, John Abraham were just as big of a part

Cutler has played SOLID since his rookie year, just because he doesnt have the better overall team doesnt make him any less weak

EMB6903
03-07-2009, 05:41 PM
That's fair. This offseason has changed the way I view Cutler tremendously though.

I dont understand why.

Nobody is tougher then Jay Cutler when hes on the field though, thats for sure

matt Ryan= slides

Jay Cutler= Lowers his shoulder and runs people over.