PDA

View Full Version : One reason holding off on buying Broncos jersey could be smart

Tned
01-24-2012, 08:48 AM
Many of you have probably seen me post that the Broncos jerseys will not be changing with Nike taking over, except that the current orange jersey will no become the primary jersey and the blue jersey will become the alternate.

I posted this last week:

I reached out to the Broncos and confirmed a few things that have popped up in various threads on here and on Twitter.

Next year's jersey will be the current alternate that the Broncos wore twice this year.

There will be no orange pants.

There will be no design change of any kind (at least with the Broncos) with the change to Nike.

However, PFT, makes a good point that fans should consider before purchasing a jersey.

In past years, a player-initiated number change would have been met with a requirement that the player refund Reebok for the existing inventory of jerseys with the number he wants to abandon. With the new Nike jerseys coming soon, there’s a chance that it will be open season for the shifting of numbers.

This comment was spurred by a Tweet by Adrian Peterson sending a Tweet that he was thinking about switching to number 21 or 23.

Read the full PFT posting here: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/24/if-buying-nfl-jerseys-before-april-buyer-beware/

Shazam!
01-24-2012, 11:59 AM
After getting rid of various players (Cutler, Marshall, etc.) I promised myself i would NEVER buy another jersey again, unless it was a retired player like Elway or Atwater. Until they get a franchise QB, or if they commit to Tebow and there is no doubt he is the future, I will not throw away money like that again.

Tned
01-24-2012, 12:10 PM
After getting rid of various players (Cutler, Marshall, etc.) I promised myself i would NEVER buy another jersey again, unless it was a retired player like Elway or Atwater. Until they get a franchise QB, or if they commit to Tebow and there is no doubt he is the future, I will not throw away money like that again.

Yea, I was wearing a Royal jersey in the stands for the Pitt game, and that may very well have been his last home game at Mile High. When I bought that jersey, I really thought he had a chance to be with the Broncos for a long time.

BeefStew25
01-24-2012, 12:27 PM

My OJ Simpson jersey is worthless.

MasterShake
01-24-2012, 12:31 PM

Totally agree with this. My next jersey will be another custom one with my name in the orange color, and if I buy anymore it will be a hall of fame player or retired one. I'm also at a point in my life where wearing some other dudes name on my back just seems weird. :lol:

I contemplated buying a Von Miller jersey, but I keep thinking the minute I do he gets an injury or turns out to be a bust or forces a trade(unlikely, I know but my Cutler jersey in my closet still mocks me. I ripped the name off it at least). Champ was next on my list, but I want to be sure he retires here first. Custom jersey just seems the way to go for now.

Tned
01-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Totally agree with this. My next jersey will be another custom one with my name in the orange color, and if I buy anymore it will be a hall of fame player or retired one. I'm also at a point in my life where wearing some other dudes name on my back just seems weird. :lol:

I contemplated buying a Von Miller jersey, but I keep thinking the minute I do he gets an injury or turns out to be a bust or forces a trade(unlikely, I know but my Cutler jersey in my closet still mocks me. I ripped the name off it at least). Champ was next on my list, but I want to be sure he retires here first. Custom jersey just seems the way to go for now.

I don't have a problem wearing another dudes name, or woman for that matter. Last week I was wearing my old "I love you Peggy Flemming" shirt.

claymore
01-24-2012, 12:44 PM

I have a Cutler Jersey and a Tebow jersey. FML.

wayninja
01-24-2012, 12:47 PM
See. This is the exact reason why I continue to advocate that all players should simply wear their Social Security numbers.

MasterShake
01-24-2012, 12:49 PM
See. This is the exact reason why I continue to advocate that all players should simply wear their Social Security numbers.

I like the idea of velcro jerseys for fans with a complete set of felt letters and numbers. You can change players mid-game if someone fumbles or misses an open reciever!

BeefStew25
01-24-2012, 12:51 PM
The practical answer is the t shirt with number and name on the back.

That is what I did with Rae Carruth, and it worked out well.

wayninja
01-24-2012, 12:51 PM
I like the idea of velcro jerseys for fans with a complete set of felt letters and numbers. You can change players mid-game if someone fumbles or misses an open reciever!

Sure, until a player like Ocho Cinco switches to Cyrillic.

nick1089
01-24-2012, 12:56 PM
I have a Champ one. So far seems to be working out for me. I think the trick is to get a jersey from a player that they can't afford to lose or trade

wayninja
01-24-2012, 01:06 PM
I have a Champ one. So far seems to be working out for me. I think the trick is to get a jersey from a player that they can't afford to lose or trade

Exactly. WTF was I thinking buying an authentic Quan Cosby Jersey?

Tned
01-24-2012, 02:15 PM

Yea, people did that with that number 6, Cutler guy. Ooops.

Dzone
01-24-2012, 02:26 PM
I wish they wouldnt limit #s to positions.
Like Paul Hornung wearing number 5. I would like to see QBs like John Hadl wearing 21. Or a QB wearing #99. Or Larry Wilson playing safety with #8, or Night train Layne wearing #80 as a cornerback. I was glad they let WRs go to teen #s

Shazam!
01-24-2012, 03:18 PM
Champ jersey is the only current player jersey i have. I got it as a gift.

nevcraw
01-24-2012, 04:43 PM
I wear a black Tuxedo tshirt for all home games and white one for away.

VonSackemMiller
01-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Lol dude bought a Cosby jersey. Thats comedy

HORSEPOWER 56
01-24-2012, 06:17 PM
I wear a black Tuxedo tshirt for all home games and white one for away.

Because it says, "I want to be formal, but I'm here to party!", no doubt...

:D

weazel
01-26-2012, 11:30 AM
My OJ Simpson jersey is worthless.

ironically, my OJ glove is worth a ton though :noidea:

Fullback32
01-26-2012, 11:52 AM
I stopped buying current player jerseys a long time ago. I either get custom with my name or retired/HOF players. Free Agency screwed everything up. Too much movement.

BeefStew25
01-26-2012, 12:47 PM
I am really thinking about getting a Glenn Martinez jersey. Not even messing around.