PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Cut Terrell Owens

WARHORSE
03-05-2009, 01:57 AM
So.............bring him here right? We may as well, we've signed everyone else to this point.

According to ESPN, Terrell Owens' days in Dallas are done.
ESPN is citing sources saying that the Cowboys have decided to cut the receiver, ridding them of a big locker-room distraction but also absorbing a big hit on their salary cap. Owens has played in Dallas for three years.
The team did not immediately have a comment. A spokesman for Owens said he hadn't heard the news. Owens was traveling and could not immediately be reached.

JKcatch724
03-05-2009, 01:59 AM
I love you War, but you know better.

WARHORSE
03-05-2009, 02:00 AM
I love you War, but you know better.

Comon now.........................HE LOVES HIM SOME HE!

JKcatch724
03-05-2009, 02:09 AM
Comon now.........................HE LOVES HIM SOME HE!

He loves him some he.... but will he love him some McD? :takesabow:

fcspikeit
03-05-2009, 02:12 AM
At this point I can't think of a team that would even sign him except for maybe the Raiders? Cables don't seem like the kind of guy who would want Owens but we all know Davis wouldn't shy away from it..

As far as him coming here, I can't see McIonlywantscrubsonthedenverpatriots signing him.. It would be interesting to see him and Cutler going at it. LOL Cutler wouldn't sit back like Romo did. He would address Owens comments and let him know who was the boss in the huddle. LOL Maybe we would get to see him and Cutler throwing down on the sidelines?

No but seriously, I would be completely shocked if McDaniels even considered him. I don't think there is any chance he could shut his mouth and just play ball, even if he wanted to the media would never let that happen. They make a point to cause trouble and they know he is always good for a story because of his past.

The one good thing about this is that maybe the media will now focus more on what will happen to T.O and stop spreading stories about Cutler and McDaniels..:salute:

WARHORSE
03-05-2009, 02:13 AM

McLOVINS will love him some T.O.

Git the popcorn ready.

WARHORSE
03-05-2009, 02:14 AM
Seriously though...............my view of what will happen is........no one will sign him at first...................and then Belicheat will give him a call.

Of course, the NFC East teams are probably lookin at him..........Giants? No more Plax........

JKcatch724
03-05-2009, 02:15 AM
McLOVINS will love him some T.O.

Git the popcorn ready.

WHY has nobody thought of McLovin yet?!?! I'm very disappointed in this board, along with myself. That is straight up money. Props my Hawaiian bro :cool:

honz
03-05-2009, 02:15 AM
Dude can still play. Someone will pick him up, and I bet a lot of teams will show interest.

fcspikeit
03-05-2009, 02:19 AM
I guess this rules out the Cowboys as a possible trade partner for Marshall?

Where will all the troubled players go to die now if the Cowboys are going to try and build a respectable team?

When you think about it, this is really a great thing for the league. If these type of players don't have the Cowboys and Raiders to fall back on maybe they will realize there is no place in the NFL for that sort of thing..

omac
03-05-2009, 02:20 AM
Elite level WR malcontent who joins a McDaniels offense ....

Hope McDaniels doesn't pull the trigger. Neither he, nor this young team, has the experience to handle TO the way Bellichick and the Pats did with Randy Moss. :shocked:

bcbronc
03-05-2009, 02:23 AM
Redskins have any cap room left?

JKcatch724
I just got a text from my Redskin fan friend saying "T.O. to DC. Make it happen Dan!"

To which I replied..... "You know he will. Where is Snyder getting all this money?!"

To which he replied.... "Bill Belichick."

To which I replied.... ":yardog:"

fcspikeit
WHY has nobody thought of McLovin yet?!?! I'm very disappointed in this board, along with myself. That is straight up money. Props my Hawaiian bro :cool:

i have heard that before, On Broncomainia there is at least one person with that in a sig.. It was kind of funny, Mckid's face was on a drivers license with the name McLovin.

It was taken from that movie where the kid made the fake id with the name McLovin, I forget the name of it at the moment...

JKcatch724
03-05-2009, 02:25 AM
i have heard that before, On Broncomainia there is at least one person with that in a sig.. It was kind of funny, Mckid's face was on a drivers license with the name McLovin.

It was taken from that movie where the kid made the fake id with the name McLovin, I forget the name of it at the moment...

Superbad. I'm still kinda baffled I haven't thought of that. That sounds like an epic sig though :laugh:

fcspikeit
03-05-2009, 02:30 AM
Maybe we could put a gag order in his contract? If he even comments to the media he loses a Mill. If it's something negative, he loses his entire contract..

I could agree with that..:cool:

fcspikeit
03-05-2009, 02:32 AM
Superbad. I'm still kinda baffled I haven't thought of that. That sounds like an epic sig though :laugh:

I'm not sure if the guy still has it, I think now he might just have a photo of McDaniels with horns that says, McAntichrist...

Northman
03-05-2009, 02:37 AM
No

JKcatch724
I'm not sure if the guy still has it, I think now he might just have a photo of McDaniels with horns that says, McAntichrist...

In related news, I actually ran into the guy that plays McLovin at Chico State at some party. It's kinda sad when McLovin's getting all the attention at the party

:lol:

:tsk:

WARHORSE

I dont frequent that board ever.....so its still unique here and I claim copyWRITE infringement to anyone who misuses the name without paying royalties to senor WARHORSE.

WARHORSE
03-05-2009, 02:38 AM
In related news, I actually ran into the guy that plays McLovin at Chico State at some party. It's kinda sad when McLovin's getting all the attention at the party

:tsk:

Well at the U of Santa Barbara...........thats all there is going on.:beer:

WARHORSE
03-05-2009, 02:39 AM
:listen:

BTW..............no one tell XZN about the McLOVIN thing.

Hes gonna go OJ on me.

JKcatch724
03-05-2009, 02:42 AM
Well at the U of Santa Barbara...........thats all there is going on.:beer:

UCSB is the CAPITAL of :beer: in California. Just ask Jim Rome. :D

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-05-2009, 02:45 AM
just sit back and picture Marshall, Owens and Royal on the field together...would be a scary sight for any defense we play...but i don't think it will happen. Torry Holt would be great too...but we have more pressing needs.

fcspikeit
03-05-2009, 02:47 AM
I dont frequent that board ever.....so its still unique here and I claim copyWRITE infringement to anyone who misuses the name without paying royalties to senor WARHORSE.

I don't think you have to much to worry about, Mckid has a ways to go before people want to call him McLovin.. ;)

bcbronc
03-05-2009, 02:47 AM
just sit back and picture Marshall, Owens and Royal on the field together...would be a scary sight for any defense we play...but i don't think it will happen. Torry Holt would be great too...but we have more pressing needs.

now just sit back and think of TO and Baby TO having a night on the town...would be a scary sight for any Bronco fan....

fcspikeit
03-05-2009, 02:48 AM
now just sit back and think of TO and Baby TO having a night on the town...would be a scary sight for any Bronco fan....

Yeah like signing another RB... :coffee:

WARHORSE
03-05-2009, 02:52 AM
UCSB is the CAPITAL of :beer: in California. Just ask Jim Rome. :D

Im plenty aware of it. My son partied away lots of money up there and he wasnt even at the U.

He was at SBCC.

Vaqueros amigo.

fcspikeit
03-05-2009, 02:52 AM

We would have to put a clause in the contract against that also. Someone could lead him out of the tunnel with a chain and take the Hannibal muzzle off right before he took the field.

JKcatch724
03-05-2009, 02:58 AM
Im plenty aware of it. My son partied away lots of money up there and he wasnt even at the U.

He was at SBCC.

Vaqueros amigo.

Just makin sure you weren't being sarcastic... I've got a lot of good friends that go to SBCC. Is your son still going there??

And FTR... GAUCHOS. Vaqueros is bad news.

WARHORSE
03-05-2009, 04:41 AM

Just makin sure you weren't being sarcastic... I've got a lot of good friends that go to SBCC. Is your son still going there??

And FTR... GAUCHOS. Vaqueros is bad news.

What the heck is a GAUCHO?

Vaqueros are gonna win it all this year.

No my son isnt there. As I said, he partied his way out of the easy way of doing things.

TXBRONC
03-05-2009, 05:24 AM
Elite level WR malcontent who joins a McDaniels offense ....

Hope McDaniels doesn't pull the trigger. Neither he, nor this young team, has the experience to handle TO the way Bellichick and the Pats did with Randy Moss. :shocked:

Besides that Owens is 35 years old, how much does he have left in the tank? His production was down this year although a lot of that can be attributed to Romo being injured. Any way, I still would be leery of him being Denver's locker room.

broncofaninfla
03-05-2009, 09:15 AM
At this point I can't think of a team that would even sign him except for maybe the Raiders? Cables don't seem like the kind of guy who would want Owens but we all know Davis wouldn't shy away from it..

As far as him coming here, I can't see McIonlywantscrubsonthedenverpatriots signing him.. It would be interesting to see him and Cutler going at it. LOL Cutler wouldn't sit back like Romo did. He would address Owens comments and let him know who was the boss in the huddle. LOL Maybe we would get to see him and Cutler throwing down on the sidelines?

No but seriously, I would be completely shocked if McDaniels even considered him. I don't think there is any chance he could shut his mouth and just play ball, even if he wanted to the media would never let that happen. They make a point to cause trouble and they know he is always good for a story because of his past.

The one good thing about this is that maybe the media will now focus more on what will happen to T.O and stop spreading stories about Cutler and McDaniels..:salute:

I thought the same thing, TO could be a Raider. Then again, McD might try his luck with TO being they had success with the troubled Moss

Medford Bronco
03-05-2009, 09:27 AM

Yeah they can sign him to a 10 year contract so they can spread out the amount on the hit. but when he acts up in 2010 the skins take a 15m hit :lol:

Bronco Bible
03-05-2009, 09:42 AM

Me hopes that does not happen:tsk:

Bronco Bible
03-05-2009, 09:45 AM

Where will all the troubled players go to die now if the Cowboys are going to try and build a respectable team?

When you think about it, this is really a great thing for the league. If these type of players don't have the Cowboys and Raiders to fall back on maybe they will realize there is no place in the NFL for that sort of thing..

Maybe not... maybe they just prefer a younger troublemaker:D

CoachChaz
03-05-2009, 10:20 AM

There's always the Bengals

Hobe
03-05-2009, 10:31 AM
The best part of Dallas cutting Owens is that ESPN will have something else to drivel about beside the Cutler/McD soap opera.

As far as bringing TO to Denver, no thanks! We're running out of corners to stand the kids in at Dove Valley.

broncofaninfla
03-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Giants as well, one NFC East team he hasn't played for yet

Ziggy
03-05-2009, 10:35 AM
I don't see TO coming here. One of the themes to this year's FA signings is to bring in team first, smart players. If that profile were the ocean, TO couldn't fall into it from a boat sitting in deep water.

Foochacho
03-05-2009, 10:45 AM
Sign him for a year and dump him after 4 or 8 games depending on Marshalls suspension.

broncohead
03-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Pair Marshall and T.O. on the field would be dangerous but not worth the risk to add more drama. Marshall can get into enough trouble on his own.

MOtorboat
03-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Sorry if this has been posted before, but this is from ESPN's rumors:
Where to, T.O.?
Terrell Owens | Cowboys | Interested: Redskins? Raiders? Jets? Giants? Broncos?
Now that the rumors have become official, and Terrell Owens has been cut by the Dallas Cowboys, the guessing game begins as to where he will continue his NFL career.

ESPN's John Clayton has speculated that the Oakland Raiders might be a potential destination, given Al Davis' penchant for big-play wide receivers. A Raiders' No. 81 jersey might become a hot item on the apparel market, but a move to Oakland doesn't really make sense for T.O., who is still seeking that elusive Super Bowl ring. The Raiders are clearly not "one player away" from a championship-caliber squad, and in spite of his devotion to physical fitness Owens is on the far side of his career, and may not have many seasons left to hunt the Lombardi trophy.

With that in mind, several receiver-needy teams emerge as possible candidates. The Washington Redskins do possess a 1,000-yard receiver in Santana Moss, but Moss had a tendency to disappear at times during 2008 and would likely be better-suited to a No. 2 role. Owner Dan Snyder has relentlessly proven that he loves chasing big-name veterans, and really the only issue would be finding some more cash to lay at the feet of Owens given the monstrous contracts already dished out to Albert Haynesworth and DeAngelo Hall this offseason. It's hard to fathom the potential for entertaining post-game press conferences with Owens and one of Clinton Portis' many alter-egos, and Youtube viewers eagerly await such a circumstance.

Another likely suitor is the Denver Broncos. New Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels has experience in integrating a "problem" wide receiver into a cohesive offensive unit based on his time with Randy Moss and the New England Patriots. The Broncos may themselves have a problem on their hands with No. 1 wideout Brandon Marshall's off-field drama and the subsequent hearings that are bound to take place with the league, so T.O. could very well be the team's new No. 1 by the season opener.

This leaves the largest media market in the country, and one could argue a case for Owens reaching a deal with either the New York Giants or New York Jets. The Jets will lack a true No. 1 wideout if they don't make another move before the start of 2009, as the team elected not to re-sign Laveranues Coles, and Jerricho Cotchery is not up to that role. On the other hand, the team may focus on developing the rushing attack, given that there is as yet no proven quarterback on the roster, and Thomas Jones showed he still has quite a bit left in the tank after his 1,312-yard, 13-touchdown season in 2008. Additionally, ESPN Radio 1050's Andrew Marchand has reported that a source with knowledge of the Jets' thinking indicates that the team will not pursue Owens.

With the Plaxico Burress situation still up in the air, the Giants also lack a true No. 1 wideout, a fact that is plain to even the most casual observer of the team and perhaps a reason that the team withered away in the playoffs. While Owens would certainly provide more fodder for local sportswriters with his comments than the less overt Burress, he could fill a similar role on the field and has proven an ability to keep his nose clean off of it.

For all of the press Owens does generate, he's never had serious off-field issues like so many of his peers in the NFL. The controversy that Owens tends to spark falls fundamentally within the realm of wanting more passes thrown his way, which some would argue is just an indication of his competitive fire. Fans and media members don't seem to mind when a dominant basketball player demands the ball in crunch-time, and Owens is certainly still one of the league's dominant offensive players. Owens finished 2008 averaging 15.2 yards per catch, a figure that ranked seventh amongst receivers with 1,000 yards or more. No matter which team decides to take a shot on T.O., he will certainly be a difference-maker in 2009.

TXBRONC
03-05-2009, 11:04 AM
Giants as well, one NFC East team he hasn't played for yet

Hey he might as well, then he can say he hit for the cycle. :D

Nick
03-05-2009, 11:19 AM
There is a big possibility we would be in the running. We persued him before going to cowboys under a different coatching staff BUT McD got Moss on the Pats.

While he is old and drops passes... He is still quick. Personality wise he is very emotional. I think he would match up good with Cutler. Plus we have Brandon who might be suspended.

Giants and Skins are at of the race... I think it goes to the two biggest active teams Jets and Broncos IMO. Would put seahawks and Cincy but they just got good recievers in Cole and who's your mamma

Nick
03-05-2009, 11:22 AM

That never stops them... They didn't have any left when they got Haynesworth. :lol:

turftoad
03-05-2009, 12:18 PM
TO is a punk.

He's single handedly torn apart EVERY team he's EVER been with.

Dr Velcro
03-05-2009, 12:21 PM
TO will go to the Giants.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Rome is talking right now about how he would love for TO to come to the Broncos, and said that he does not think Jay would take crap off of him.

BroncoWave
03-05-2009, 01:11 PM
I'm not necessarily saying we should sign him, but seriously, who would stop our passing game with Cutler, T.O., Marshall, Royal, and Stokley? That group would set records.

OB
03-05-2009, 01:18 PM
I said it once - I'll continue to say it until he retires _ NO TO!!!

tomjonesrocks
03-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Can't imagine Owens here. NYG are dramatically closer to a SB than the Broncos, and it's a higher profile media spot. If they want him, case closed.

broncofaninfla
03-05-2009, 01:34 PM
profootballtalk has a list of teams that apparently aren't intersted and the Giants and Skins are on that list

underrated29
03-05-2009, 01:42 PM
I didnt want to post in this thread, but i will say this.

jay would keep TO in check. Jay has more confidence and more fire than TO does. if To started running his mouth Jay would probably eat his ass alive. Seriously.. If TO drops passes, you can bet Jay will be in his face. I love that baout Cutler, he doesnt accpet excuses, nor take shyt from people. he demands everyone come out and do their jobs. Also this is Jays team, and the other guys would take Jays side on everything....

One thing to point out though, is Jay locks on to his WR, and you all know how much he targeted brandon. TO would be in heaven here as he would know that Jay would look for him all day long, and would get all the balls he needs.

omac
03-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Can't imagine Owens here. NYG are dramatically closer to a SB than the Broncos, and it's a higher profile media spot. If they want him, case closed.

I wouldn't want Owens here, because McDaniels and the team won't be able to handle him. No matter, I think that TO, or any top player, would think twice about coming to Denver after the way he handled the situation with Cutler.

omac
03-05-2009, 01:56 PM

jay would keep TO in check. Jay has more confidence and more fire than TO does. if To started running his mouth Jay would probably eat his ass alive. Seriously.. If TO drops passes, you can bet Jay will be in his face. I love that baout Cutler, he doesnt accpet excuses, nor take shyt from people. he demands everyone come out and do their jobs. Also this is Jays team, and the other guys would take Jays side on everything....

One thing to point out though, is Jay locks on to his WR, and you all know how much he targeted brandon. TO would be in heaven here as he would know that Jay would look for him all day long, and would get all the balls he needs.

Sounds cool, but Jay spreads the ball around, and eventually, that probably won't sit well with TO. Brandon got 100(rounded), Eddie got 90, Stokley got 50, Scheffler got 40 (yeah, I know he's as good as gone), and Graham got 30; I'm wondering how much of that will TO need to get to keep him happy?

DenBronx
03-05-2009, 02:03 PM

ROFLOL!!! im sorry... its funny.

Northman
03-05-2009, 02:17 PM
I'm not necessarily saying we should sign him, but seriously, who would stop our passing game with Cutler, T.O., Marshall, Royal, and Stokley? That group would set records.

It would be easy to stop them because one guy will miss games due to his inability to stay out of trouble off the field. The other guy will get pissed that he isnt catching the ball enough because to zone in on him would create the same problems for Jay that he has with Marshall. So then, the other guy would bad mouth Jay publically and then Jay would go cry, piss, and moan that nobody likes him. Leaving us with Royal and Stokely who have shown to be class acts and go out and just play football but get overlooked because Jay is worried about Marshall and Owens all game long. So yea, if im an opposing Coach i think its real easy to stop this team because they would do it for me.

Northman
03-05-2009, 02:19 PM
ROFLOL!!! im sorry... its funny.

Denial isnt just a river. :lol:

How many times have we heard that.

LRtagger
03-05-2009, 02:51 PM
If Marshall ends up getting suspended...even for 2,3 games I guarantee you we will sign TO. If he gets suspended for 8 games its a lock.

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-05-2009, 03:10 PM
If Marshall ends up getting suspended...even for 2,3 games I guarantee you we will sign TO. If he gets suspended for 8 games its a lock.

yep T.O would be in heaven with the chance of grabbing 100 receptions a year...he still has a couple yrs in him.

bcbronc
03-05-2009, 03:18 PM

unfortunately, too many would be of the criminal variety.

CoachChaz
03-05-2009, 03:24 PM
I'm not by any means advocating signing him, but when has TO ever been in trouble with the law or been suspended?

BroncoWave
03-05-2009, 03:33 PM
It would be easy to stop them because one guy will miss games due to his inability to stay out of trouble off the field. The other guy will get pissed that he isnt catching the ball enough because to zone in on him would create the same problems for Jay that he has with Marshall. So then, the other guy would bad mouth Jay publically and then Jay would go cry, piss, and moan that nobody likes him. Leaving us with Royal and Stokely who have shown to be class acts and go out and just play football but get overlooked because Jay is worried about Marshall and Owens all game long. So yea, if im an opposing Coach i think its real easy to stop this team because they would do it for me.

Yes, that is the worst case scenario. But seriously, it's not like T.O. destroyed the Cowboys. ESPN blew it up every time he said one little thing out of line but their struggles the past 2 seasons were far from his fault IMO. Seeing as this is a passing oriented offense, I think there would be enough balls to go around. Personally, I wish we'd signed him when we were talking to him a few years ago. Instead we wound up with Walker.

BroncoWave
03-05-2009, 03:34 PM
unfortunately, too many would be of the criminal variety.

Other than Marshall, who else on my list has ever been in trouble with the law? :confused:

Ziggy
03-05-2009, 03:34 PM
I'm not by any means advocating signing him, but when has TO ever been in trouble with the law or been suspended?

He was suspended and inactive with the Eagles for conduct detrimental to the team for the last 9 games of the 2005 season. I don't think that he has had any run-ins with the law, just teammates and coaches.

Nature Boy
03-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Hurry and sign him. Give him an incentive laden contract and see how it plays out. It worked out with New England with Randy Moss when most people thought Randy Moss' career was just about over when he left Oakland.

CoachChaz
03-05-2009, 04:10 PM
He was suspended and inactive with the Eagles for conduct detrimental to the team for the last 9 games of the 2005 season. I don't think that he has had any run-ins with the law, just teammates and coaches.

Yeah, but that was a team suspension. I was talking more about league suspensions.

I guess trying to figure out which is worse. An ass that pisses off most of his teammates or a guy that is liked but cant stay out of jail and faces suspensions.

JKcatch724
03-05-2009, 04:22 PM
You know he's ending up in Oakland...

Chris90210
03-05-2009, 06:04 PM

http://www.cantblame.me/wp-content/uploads/aldavis.jpg

al davis approves

BroncoWave
03-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Yeah, but that was a team suspension. I was talking more about league suspensions.

I guess trying to figure out which is worse. An ass that pisses off most of his teammates or a guy that is liked but cant stay out of jail and faces suspensions.

I seem to remember reading that T.O. was pretty well liked by most of his teammates in Dallas. :noidea:

DenBronx
03-05-2009, 07:14 PM

id hate that....he would be stupid to go there.

i bet kc or the chargers go after him.

topscribe
03-05-2009, 07:17 PM
http://www.cantblame.me/wp-content/uploads/aldavis.jpg

al davis approves

Wow . . . a kool korpse. :lol:

-----