PDA

View Full Version : Starting to Rebuild

Denver Native (Carol)
03-04-2009, 11:09 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/dumervil/2009/03/04/starting-to-rebuild/

Elvis Dumervil Blog

I’ve just been down here in Miami, chilling with my family, but at the same time I’m eating right and getting ready for the offseason training.

I’ve already been doing some training actually with my Dad. He’s a trainer so I’ve been doing some different things, as far as from Coach Rich Tuten’s workouts.

March 16 is when the first workouts start at Dove Valley, and I’ll probably be in town on March 14 or so for those. I haven’t had a chance to talk to many of my teammates — just a couple guys like Brandon. For the most part, I’ll talk to them for the first time since the end of the season when I get back in Denver.

It has been a pretty hectic time back in Denver though. As far as Cutler and that situation, I haven’t spoken to him about it, and we don’t talk about those kinds of personal deals. As far as Brandon, I’ve heard it’s just a big misunderstanding. I know everything is going to be fine though, and I can’t wait to get back on the field.

Then of course there’s free agency. I watch NFL Network, and I think we’ve gotten some solid guys, especially Brian Dawkins. He comes in with leadership, and he’s a proven winner, a seven-time Pro Bowler. I think having his presence will be tremendous for us. I’m looking forward to working with him and getting this defense to become a premier defense since he has been a part of that with the Eagles.

We have some flaws to fix up, and we know we all have to gel together and see what happens when we get everybody, the pieces of the puzzle, together. All of these new guys have been proven as starters with their old teams. Now it’s a matter of us doing that together. We’ve got a long way to go, but I think what the front office has been doing is a great start. They’ve brought in a lot of guys that can play football.

Until I get there, for the next 10 days or so, I’m going to enjoy the time I have here. I’m going to enjoy my Mom’s cooking especially. I’ve talked about it before, but she’s a great cook. Whatever she cooks, I like. I tell her to cook whatever, and whenever she brings me meals, it’s always good. It’s a great thing to have. I love plantains, and she cooks turkey with them sometimes. She makes some creole dishes, a little rice, a little pasta. She mixes it all up since she knows I’m trying to eat right.

But I’ll still keep on working out, because I don’t want to be in bad shape when I get to Denver.

I’ll talk to y’all when I get back there.

shank
03-04-2009, 11:12 PM
thanks for posting carol. i'd miss a lot of these articles if it wasn't for you! :salute:

JKcatch724
03-05-2009, 01:30 AM
I've got a man crush on Elvis.

WARHORSE
03-05-2009, 02:33 AM
Looks like Doom likes Dawkins. He should.

One thing about Dawkins that the Flock of Seagulls overlooked........he led the team in tackles and (tied with 1)sacks and FF in the post season.

That doesnt sound like a guy you let go.

bcbronc
03-05-2009, 02:43 AM
I’ve already been doing some training actually with my Dad. He’s a trainer so I’ve been doing some different things, as far as from Coach Rich Tuten’s workouts.

translation please?

JKcatch724
03-05-2009, 02:44 AM
translation please?

My dad is a better trainer than Rich Tuten.

bcbronc
03-05-2009, 02:46 AM
My dad is a better trainer than Rich Tuten.

that's what I thought he was saying. probably not the best thing to say on your blog.....

omac
03-05-2009, 02:49 AM
Foxy writes a blog ... he gets traded.

Jay writes a blog ... he almost gets traded.

Now Elvis is writing a blog .... :D

WARHORSE
03-05-2009, 02:50 AM
translation please?

Hes doing some things his dad the trainer thinks are beneficial that are different from what Tuten does.

It doesnt mean he thinks its better than Tutens.

JKcatch724
03-05-2009, 03:03 AM
Hes doing some things his dad the trainer thinks are beneficial that are different from what Tuten does.

It doesnt mean he thinks its better than Tutens.

Well Elvis has yet to pull a groin, so you do the math.