PDA

View Full Version : Which team will the Broncos face in the superbowl next year?

wayninja
01-23-2012, 01:41 AM
With the conference championships wrapped up this weekend, it's interesting to get a feel for who you think will challenge Denver's dominance next season. Will the pats be a contender again and lose to the Broncos in the AFC championship game?

Will the Giants give us a (admittedly overwhelmingly in our favor) rematch of superbowl XXI?

Personally I see us wrapping up the AFC championship by week 13 and the superbowl will be a forgone conclusion before MLK day.

Discuss.

sneakers
01-23-2012, 03:36 AM
I think the Packers will rebound nicely next year.

spikerman
01-23-2012, 06:14 AM
I think it will be the Womens Lingerie League champions. Since we're fantasizing I figure - why not? :)

igoe4broncos
01-23-2012, 07:05 AM
The Rams

Tebowtime2011
01-23-2012, 07:21 AM
I think the texans are superbowl contenders next year with matt schaub healthy and andre johnson back if they draft a great wide receiver first round like alshon jeffrey then they have an actual chance of going especially with their defense as good as it is if they can get good wrs over the offseason to take the pressure off of andre johnson then that is a really solid team

Thnikkaman
01-23-2012, 09:30 AM
49ers

Joel
01-23-2012, 10:41 AM
I think the texans are superbowl contenders next year with matt schaub healthy and andre johnson back if they draft a great wide receiver first round like alshon jeffrey then they have an actual chance of going especially with their defense as good as it is if they can get good wrs over the offseason to take the pressure off of andre johnson then that is a really solid team
Unless FA shreds them or they're as beat up as this year, the Texans are next years team to beat. Their best defender missed the whole season (though with the stellar year his backup had he may be their first cap casualty,) they were missing the Leagues top WR and Arian Foster for the first half of the season, and almost the moment they returned the starting AND backup QB were gone for the year. Despite that, they and their third string rookie QB STILL went into week 15 with the best record in the Conference--but then Wade Phillips went into the hospital for a couple weeks and they lost their last three games (refs helped with Indy and Tennessee.)

Yet if Jacoby Jones had not done his best Quan Cosby impression at their 2 yard line, Houston beats Baltimore last week. They would have shredded what passes for a defence in NE, kept Brady and Co. in check and started a rookie QB in the Super Bowl. Now imagine what they'll be like healthy.... :eek:

BeefStew25
01-23-2012, 11:07 AM
With the conference championships wrapped up this weekend, it's interesting to get a feel for who you think will challenge Denver's dominance next season. Will the pats be a contender again and lose to the Broncos in the AFC championship game?

Will the Giants give us a (admittedly overwhelmingly in our favor) rematch of superbowl XXI?

Personally I see us wrapping up the AFC championship by week 13 and the superbowl will be a forgone conclusion before MLK day.

Discuss.

I don't celebrate MLK day.

topscribe
01-23-2012, 11:10 AM

Discuss.

That's the spirit! http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

Personally, though, I believe the Broncos will have all it can handle, just
getting out of the AFCW. KC will be getting their superstars, Berry and
Charles back, as well as Cassel and Moeki, or however you spell his name.

Oakland will have Palmer -- who I think can still be an excellent QB -- and
McFadden will again tote the rock for them. And SD will beat some people
before they again fade into the sunset.

The schedule for the Broncos this next year is just brutal. They had better
hope they get the MLB and QB positions resolved and their young safeties
do some breaking out of their own . . .

chazoe60
01-23-2012, 11:11 AM
49ers

The 9ers with none other than Peyton Manning as their QB. Imagine that team with Manning at QB. Ouch!

topscribe
01-23-2012, 11:14 AM
The 9ers with none other than Peyton Manning as their QB. Imagine that team with Manning at QB. Ouch!

Imagine the Broncos with Peyton at QB! I wonder whether the Broncos FO has
the same dreams. Doubtful as it may be, I would love to see that happen! :nod:

Nomad
01-23-2012, 11:14 AM

If the Colts let Peyton go, the 9ers would be idiots not to go after him.

BORDERLINE
01-23-2012, 11:23 AM
Broncos vs Saints in next years SB.

Of course we will win it on a last play, 43 yard run by Tim Tebow where he basically eludes the entire saints defense and ends up Tebowing in the endzone with confetti raining down.

At which point you will all see the LIGHT and won't be upset when Teebs get's the Nod to be the starter the following season (going into training camp).LOL

wayninja
01-23-2012, 11:31 AM

Of course we will win it on a last play, 43 yard run by Tim Tebow where he basically eludes the entire saints defense and ends up Tebowing in the endzone with confetti raining down.

At which point you will all see the LIGHT and won't be upset when Teebs get's the Nod to be the starter the following season (going into training camp).LOL

I agree with everything except the part about being upset when Tebow gets the Nod. As soon as the confetti falls, the trade/benching speculation will begin.

MileHighCrew
01-23-2012, 11:34 AM
Lions.... why not

cmc0605
01-23-2012, 01:19 PM
There's a 33rd team coming in, the new expansion team- the only players so far are Billy Cundiff and Kyle Williams. But they will have a full roster by next season, and will get to the SB to play Denver.

wayninja
01-23-2012, 01:21 PM
There's a 33rd team coming in, the new expansion team- the only players so far are Billy Cundiff and Kyle Williams. But they will have a full roster by next season, and will get to the SB to play Denver.

I think the Colts will release Cosby and the new team will sign him.

weazel
01-23-2012, 04:53 PM
are we talking Madden?

NightTerror218
01-23-2012, 05:04 PM
I think the Broncos will face......the Raiders....in a drink off during the SB.

CrazyHorse
01-23-2012, 10:01 PM
It doesn't matter. The only team that can beat them is their self.

wayninja
01-23-2012, 10:06 PM
It doesn't matter. The only team that can beat them is their self.

That may be true of Tebow, but I'm happily married.

Joel
01-24-2012, 08:51 AM
Imagine the Broncos with Peyton at QB! I wonder whether the Broncos FO has
the same dreams. Doubtful as it may be, I would love to see that happen! :nod:
Yeah, I think Peyton Manning takes one look at our line stats and says, "Thanks, but no thanks; my spine's been rearranged enough for one lifetime."

New Orleans has a defense now? Wow, they could've used that against SF. I think their defense consists of converting fourth down. ;)

Joel
01-24-2012, 08:54 AM
I think the Colts will release Cosby and the new team will sign him.
And Jacoby Jones, who'd be an excellent backup for Cosby. Maybe we should keep Royal; apparently decent punt returners are hard to find these days.