PDA

View Full Version : Game Day Thread: the Broncos vs. the Bye

sneakers
10-14-2007, 01:09 AM
I had not seen a Broncos gameday thread made by TXBRONC yet...perhaps he doesn't think the Bye is a worthy enough opponent. ;)

From the research I have done, the Broncos record vs. the bye all time is 0-0-16 (I think it started in 1990.)

Go Broncos!

Uncle Buck
10-14-2007, 01:15 AM
I had not seen a Broncos gameday thread made by TXBRONC yet...perhaps he doesn't think the Bye is a worthy enough opponent. ;)

From the research I have done, the Broncos record vs. the bye all time is 0-0-16 (I think it started in 1990.)

Go Broncos!

Thanks for keeping the hopes of the Broncos *alive*, Sneakers! There has to be life after Rocktober! :cool::D:beer:

sneakers
10-14-2007, 01:22 AM
Thanks for keeping the hopes of the Broncos *alive*, Sneakers! There has to be life after Rocktober! :cool::D:beer:

The bye week is the worst week in the NFL season!

Retired_Member_001
10-14-2007, 10:32 AM
I hope we win today. I doubt we can contain their run game and pass rush though.

;)

Skinny
10-14-2007, 10:52 AM
Bye Weeks, Best/Worst Records the following week
Posted 3 days ago

The bye week can either be a much needed yellow light(needed) or came at a time when its an ultimate momentum killer(stop sign). Lets take a look at the 49ers. They are just coming off an ugly home loss to the Ravens. Their team is down mentally, some would say even to funereal proportions. They were most recently inept and hopeless. What better time for a bye week! "This should give us a chance to get some work in" muttered safety Michael Lewis. "Some much needed work".

The bye week was introduced as revolutionary when introduced by then-Commissioner Paul Tagliabue in 1990. Although some might say looking back to that time that it was a heretical type of decision, depending on who you talked to. Since then however, the bye week has become on icon of the NFL's fabric. From the moment the schedule is released, coaches, players, and fantasy players alike mark the calendar to highlight this weekend off. While the bye may be looked at with relief to a struggling team like the Niners, it gets an equal amount of skepticism for a team like the Raiders, who are afraid that it will negatively impact the momentum gained from a big road win in Miami under new QB Daunte Culpepper.

Unbelievably as it may sound, the Raiders emerge from the bye week in sole possession of first place in the AFC West at 2-2. But not all of the voices from the Silver and Black are negative, as witnessed by first year coach Lane Kiffin. "It happened to come at a good time, injury-wise, for us", he said, referring to injured players LaMont Jordan, Derrick Burgess, Oren O'Neal, and Robert Thomas. "If I could make it perfect, it would be a little later in the season", Kiffin added.

The bye week draws equal and opposite emotions. Byes began a week later this year than last, going from weeks 4-10, rather than 3-9. "The bye weeks give our teams an opportunity to rest during the course of a long season," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said. "They also expand our share of the calendar in a modest way." Sure they do. By expanding to a 17-week schedule it increases the all-important aspect of TV revenue. If you remember, the NFL had two bye weeks per team in 1993, but after poor reviews that plan was scraped by the next year.

Tim Brown, a former Raider chimed in with "If the bye came in October, that was welcomed because that's when your body is beat up."

The NFL says there is not set formula for factoring in byes into the regular schedule, which does nothing to appease the conspiracy theorists who say having teams have byes at different times than their division rivals upsets the competitive balance of the league.

The following are the 5 best and worst records following the bye week since 1990:

Best:

Broncos 14-4(.778)

Vikings 14-4

Eagles 14-4

Cowboys 13-5(.722)

Bills/Chiefs 12-6(.667)

Worst:

*Texans 1-4(.200)

Bengals 4-14(.222)

Giants 4-14

Seahawks 5-13(.278)

**Browns 4-9(.308)

*Texans started as an expansion team in 2002

**Browns suspended operations from 1996-98

Raiders(9-9)

49ers(8-10)

http://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/66357

LoyalSoldier
10-14-2007, 12:04 PM
I don't know the way our run defense the bye is going to run all over us.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-14-2007, 12:23 PM
The bye week is the worst week in the NFL season!

Hopefully, this bye week for the Broncos will prove to be very productive - i.e. - watch a lot of previous game film - figure what has went wrong, what has caused it, and correct it. Replace players in certain positions, if necessary, etc.

Skywalker
10-14-2007, 04:38 PM
The following are the 5 best and worst records following the bye week since 1990:

Best:

Broncos 14-4(.778)

Vikings 14-4

Eagles 14-4

Alright, tied for #1 :beer:

Is anyone sort of....relieved....that we have a bye this week? As much as I hate not seeing a Broncos game today, I'm glad we have one. Hopefully it will help after that disaster last week :ahhhhh:

Skinny
10-14-2007, 04:51 PM
Alright, tied for #1 :beer:

Is anyone sort of....relieved....that we have a bye this week? As much as I hate not seeing a Broncos game today, I'm glad we have one. Hopefully it will help after that disaster last week :ahhhhh:Me too Sky. Glad the bye came when it did. The defense can get some extra work in the continue to work out the kinks, JWalkers knee has some extra 'get better' time, Myers or whomever is replacing Nalen can get some very important reps in in practice, as well as some time for Champs minor injuryto heal completely.

Mike Bell, Hamza Abdullah . . .

YaY bye week! :cheers:

Simple Jaded
10-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Did the Bye Week get 100yards rushing yet?

TXBRONC
10-14-2007, 05:56 PM

Go Broncos!

Hey the team bye week is my bye week as well. :D

sneakers
10-14-2007, 11:12 PM
Hey the team bye week is my bye week as well. :D

I got to sleep in today! By waking up at 6 pm instead of 3 pm (regular wakeup time for Broncos games) So I got 7 hours of sleep today!

dogfish
10-14-2007, 11:35 PM
Did the Bye Week get 100yards rushing yet?

200, and two TDs. . .

wait, breaking news-- they've just broken another long TD run!

:ahhhhh:

sneakers
10-14-2007, 11:42 PM
200, and two TDs. . .

wait, breaking news-- they've just broken another long TD run!

:ahhhhh:

What will really infuriate some Bronco fans is the fact that every single seat in Invesco Field is empty!

Watchthemiddle
10-15-2007, 12:35 AM
I was watching the Rockies today...can someone tell me the outcome of the Broncos vs. The Bye.

How many rushing yards did the Bye rush for today?

How many times did our offense stall in the redzone?

All I can say is it can't really get any worse then what we have seen so far.

NO where to go but up.

:salute:

The Glue Factory
10-15-2007, 12:44 PM
I was watching the Rockies today...can someone tell me the outcome of the Broncos vs. The Bye.

NO where to go but up.

We were up 9-0 off of Elam's foot three times before the The Bye figured out how porous our run D is. The only thing that stopped The Bye was Bly and CHamp intercepting the QB on their first 3 drives. By halftime it was 21-12 and only got worse from there. Final score was 49-21 (Elam scoring all Broncos points.) Once again the Broncos put up huge yardage (both offensively and defensively) but couldn't get into the endzone. All but 1 of Elam's 7 FG's were kicked inside the 20. :tsk:

with such a horrid showing against the Bye the stands were completely empty shortly after halftime. :mad:

Medford Bronco
10-15-2007, 12:55 PM

Go Broncos!

this week they gave up zero yards rushing :salute::laugh:

sneakers
10-15-2007, 11:29 PM

NO where to go but up.

I don't know??? The game wasn't on TV!

anton...
10-16-2007, 01:39 AM
OMG!!!

against all odds we pulled through with a perfect weekend!!

if we eliminate every other team every week like we did this week i think we will have a perfect record for the remainder of the season!!

i love the broncos!!

:defense::defense::defense:

;)
________
White Girls Cams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/white-girls/)