PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't anyone signing any ex-Broncos?

MHCBill
03-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Why aren't these guys getting signed in free agency?

Nate Webster
John Engleberger
Ebenezer Ekuban
Marlon Mcree
Marquand Manuel
Dre Bly
Dewayne Robertson
Kenny Peterson
Jamie Winborn
Karl Paymah

OH YEA... THEY SUCK!!!

Most of these guys started on our defense... it's amazing we won 8 games last year.

LRtagger
03-04-2009, 04:52 PM
I am actually surprised Bly hasn't been picked up yet.

PS We just signed Peterson.

MHCBill
03-04-2009, 04:53 PM
I am actually surprised Bly hasn't been picked up yet.I'm not... there are probably much younger and cheaper alternatives to being a below average CB.

MHCBill
03-04-2009, 04:54 PM
PS We just signed Peterson.He is the one guy I could live with as a run-stopping 3-4 DE.

Medford Bronco
03-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Bly will get a job somewhere at a dicount at some point.

Ekuban can be a backup as well.

the rest suck and Nate Webster should not even be allowed
to play in the CFL. There is more room up there for him to overun the
play. :lol:

bullis26
03-04-2009, 05:12 PM
im just wondering why somebody has Wesley Woodyard listed as a SS

Broncogator
03-04-2009, 05:22 PM
You forgot Travis, oh wait he's in jail....AGAIN!!

LRtagger
03-04-2009, 05:40 PM

There are countless threads on this.....WW is a tweener who played some SS in college. The best way to get him on the field is at the SS position in Nolan's 3-4...especially since Nolan likes big DBs. WW will not see the field at LB in Nolan's defense.

shank
03-04-2009, 05:42 PM

because... he... is... one?

glad we resigned kenny. wouldn't mind seeing paymah resigned for depth. he was always at his best in press coverage and he's a solid tackler.

bullis26
maybe on running downs but i dont want a roy williams in our secondary and woodyard is too big to play safety i havent heard anything about him playing safety in the nfl

shank
maybe on running downs but i dont want a roy williams in our secondary and woodyard is too big to play safety i havent heard anything about him playing safety in the nfl

he played SS the last couple weeks for the broncos last season :coffee:

bullis26
03-04-2009, 05:49 PM
i just read two bios about him he hasnt played safety since his freshman year in college? and he was an all american linebacker in highschool? I didnt miss a broncos game this year and i dont remeber seeing him playing safety at all

Ziggy
03-04-2009, 05:50 PM
I am glad to hear that Peterson is back on the roster. He was my #1 choice to re-sign, Paymah a close 2nd.

DenBronx
03-04-2009, 07:30 PM
and to think engleberger was our starting defensive end. we were lucky to win 8.

Snowgoose77
03-04-2009, 07:54 PM
i just read two bios about him he hasnt played safety since his freshman year in college? and he was an all american linebacker in highschool? I didnt miss a broncos game this year and i dont remeber seeing him playing safety at all

The last couple games I believe they started the game with Woodyard at Safety even though it was kind of a 4-4-3 configuration. If I remember right that was when we would often see a safety 30 yards off the line of scrimmage in the center of the field. Didn't work either with our crap safeties.

KCL
03-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Maybe KC will sign Bly...they released Surtain...we had that one corner a few years ago that played for Denver.I can't remember his name right off hand.I think he only played for the Chiefs for one season.Although I do think the Chiefs are set at the CB position with the 2 rookies they have.

shank
03-04-2009, 08:39 PM
^ lenny walls

tomjonesrocks
03-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Talk about a list that impresses no one.

I think Bly, Robertson, Winborn, Ekuban, and Engleberger will find work elsewhere. That doesn't mean I'm sad they're gone...

The others? Who knows...

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-05-2009, 06:39 AM
I'm sure that jokeland will sign a few of them.

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-05-2009, 02:23 PM
PAYMAH VISITING RAVENS
Posted by Aaron Wilson on March 5, 2009, 2:13 p.m.

Denver Broncos free agent cornerback Karl Paymah is visiting the Baltimore Ravens today, according to Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com.

A league source has confirmed to us that Paymah is currently meeting with team officials at the Ravens’ training complex after arriving in Baltimore today.

Per the article, Payman is regarded as a reserve cornerback who excels on special teams.

He washed out as a starting cornerback in place of an injured Champ Bailey last season and was benched after two starts with the Broncos installing rookie Josh Bell in his place.

The 26-year-old former third-round draft pick from Washington State has started five games in four NFL seasons.

He recorded 39 tackles last season and one interception. For his career, Paymah has registered 101 tackles and three interceptions.

MOtorboat
03-05-2009, 02:28 PM
So...the best defense in football is looking at signing a second former Bronco cornerback...

shank
03-05-2009, 02:29 PM
paymah and foxy are gonna end up as stars in baltimore :tsk:

LRtagger
03-05-2009, 02:42 PM
So...the best defense in football is looking at signing a second former Bronco cornerback...

Just goes to show you build from the front back...someone alert Shanny before he destroys another team's defense.

weazel
03-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Why aren't these guys getting signed in free agency?

Nate Webster
John Engleberger
Ebenezer Ekuban
Marlon Mcree
Marquand Manuel
Dre Bly
Dewayne Robertson
Kenny Peterson
Jamie Winborn
Karl Paymah

OH YEA... THEY SUCK!!!

Most of these guys started on our defense... it's amazing we won 8 games last year.

wait, the CFL will be calling in no time!

MHCBill
03-05-2009, 03:34 PM
So...the best defense in football is looking at signing a second former Bronco cornerback...the Steelers are the best defense in football imo...

However, if the Ravens continue signing ex-Broncos to help their defense, then the Ravens will not be in the upper echelon of defenses much longer.

Ziggy
03-05-2009, 03:51 PM
the Steelers are the best defense in football imo...

However, if the Ravens continue signing ex-Broncos to help their defense, then the Ravens will not be in the upper echelon of defenses much longer.

With most teams I would agree with that Bill, but Ozzie Newsome is one of the best talent evaluators in the NFL. It's also amazing how good average corners can look with a pass rush in front of them.

weazel
03-05-2009, 09:51 PM
With most teams I would agree with that Bill, but Ozzie Newsome is one of the best talent evaluators in the NFL. It's also amazing how good average corners can look with a pass rush in front of them.

With a good pass rush, having Bly on the other side of Champ is a no brainer. Now we are paying for a CB that could have worked out but will be playing elsewhere.

horsepig
03-05-2009, 10:30 PM
There are countless threads on this.....WW is a tweener who played some SS in college. The best way to get him on the field is at the SS position in Nolan's 3-4...especially since Nolan likes big DBs. WW will not see the field at LB in Nolan's defense.

WW is just like Hillis. Too frickin big, too frickin small, not fast enough, wasn't a first or second round pick (what a laugh). These two guys are guys I WANT ON THE PLAYING FIELD!

DenBronx
03-06-2009, 02:03 AM
PAYMAH TO VISIT VIKINGS
Posted by Aaron Wilson on March 5, 2009, 6:59 p.m. EST
Denver Broncos free agent cornerback Karl Paymah is expected to visit the Minnesota Vikings next week, according to Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer-Press.

Paymah visited the Baltimore Ravens’ training complex today, meeting with team officials and coach John Harbaugh.

Drafted in the third round in 2005 out of Washington State, Paymah has five career starts in four NFL seasons.

He started twice at cornerback in place of an injured Champ Bailey (groin injury) last season, but didn’t draw high grades and was replaced by rookie Josh Bell.

Regarded as a special-teams ace, Paymah is considered capable of operating as a reliable reserve cornerback.

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-06-2009, 12:52 PM
notice no one posted anything about Niko signing with the bucs? lmao good riddance

Cugel
03-06-2009, 04:28 PM
notice no one posted anything about Niko signing with the bucs? lmao good riddance

I was going to mention it, but you beat me to it.

I imagine he'll go back to being a special teams leader. He was good at that before he came to Denver. Not much use as a MLB of course. :coffee:

getlynched47
03-06-2009, 04:52 PM
I guess that shows us that they were good cuts and a good thing we didnt re-sign some of these scrubs...except Peterson he's not too shabby.