PDA

View Full Version : McCoy likely to remain as Broncos' OC

Magnificent Seven
01-21-2012, 02:02 AM
The Dolphins' hire of Joe Philbin means that offensive coordinator Mike McCoy will remain with the Broncos, unless another team with a coaching vacancy pursues him. McCoy interviewed twice with Miami this week and also turned down an interview with Oakland. The Jaguars also showed interest in McCoy before hiring Mike Mularkey.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/16947643

tomjonesrocks
01-21-2012, 02:39 AM
Surprising development--but I am fine with it. I think despite McCoy's apparent flaws and shortcomings a year of continuity has value.

claymore
01-21-2012, 10:26 AM
Surprising development--but I am fine with it. I think despite McCoy's apparent flaws and shortcomings a year of continuity has value.

I think Im with you. It'd be different if there was a budding star in the wings, or a known talent that would upgrade the OC position.

Dzone
01-21-2012, 10:50 AM
He is ok, but I would rather have Rip

underrated29
01-21-2012, 11:29 AM
Ohh ****!!!

jhildebrand
01-21-2012, 04:53 PM
I thought McCoy was on a 2 year deal and this was the 2nd of those 2 years?!?! :confused:

HORSEPOWER 56
01-21-2012, 05:04 PM
I thought McCoy was on a 2 year deal and this was the 2nd of those 2 years?!?! :confused:

I'm pretty sure you're right. I think this was his last season under contract. What does that mean? Nothing. If he doesn't get a HC job elsewhere, the Broncos will just re-sign him to be our OC again... unless some other team outbids us monetarily for his services, that is, which I don't see happening.

I think the Dolphins were dumb to sign the coach with the shiny SB ring but has never called a play (Philbin) over a guy that helped take a project QB and a piecemeal offense to the playoffs and did make all the offense's play calls.

Just my opinion.

underrated29
01-21-2012, 05:25 PM
Because Miami is smart. This is the second time in two years they have screwed us.

First was them trading for orton and then changing their minds thus making us deal with orton for pre season and the first five games.

And now they continue to be smart by not hiring him thus forcing us to keep yet another person who is holding our franchise back. This sucks so much...

I feel so bad for Tebow. As if he didn't have enough things to stunt his development. Now he gets mike suckcoy

Denver Native (Carol)
01-21-2012, 05:29 PM
I'm pretty sure you're right. I think this was his last season under contract. What does that mean? Nothing. If he doesn't get a HC job elsewhere, the Broncos will just re-sign him to be our OC again... unless some other team outbids us monetarily for his services, that is, which I don't see happening.

I think the Dolphins were dumb to sign the coach with the shiny SB ring but has never called a play (Philbin) over a guy that helped take a project QB and a piecemeal offense to the playoffs and did make all the offense's play calls.

Just my opinion.

McCoy remains under contract with the Broncos and will return as offensive coordinator for the 2012 season.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19786299

Davii
01-21-2012, 05:37 PM
I think this is actually good for the Broncos. I'm not a big McCoy fan, but at least it allows continuity on the offensive side. This gives Tim the ability to work on his qb craft rather than trying to learn a whole new offense. At least he can focus on improving his skills.

camdisco24
01-21-2012, 05:45 PM
If he will unleash Tebow like he did during the Steelers game, I think this will work out ok. If he keeps being super conservative all the time, we'll have to endure another season MCCOY SUCKS posts and threads.

sneakers
01-21-2012, 05:56 PM
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/DealWithIt/_Deal_with_it_dog.gif

weazel
01-21-2012, 06:15 PM
its the O-Lines fault

Medford Bronco
01-21-2012, 06:42 PM
:
its the O-Lines fault

No its the WR fault, they are not open enough.

In all seriousness, its much ado about nothing. If Tebow improves throwing, it is okay. I just hope they scrap the stupid 1975 Oklahoma offense. I hate it with a passion. It will not work full time and Tebow will eventually get hurt.

Work on making the throws and hopefully McCoy uses him properly

BroncoWave
01-21-2012, 06:49 PM
I think this is actually good for the Broncos. I'm not a big McCoy fan, but at least it allows continuity on the offensive side. This gives Tim the ability to work on his qb craft rather than trying to learn a whole new offense. At least he can focus on improving his skills.

I agree with this. I'm not the biggest McCoy fan either but it's way better for Tebow's development to just have continuity at this point in his career.

wayninja
01-21-2012, 07:22 PM
It's Tebows fault.

I think this is a good thing. I'll again endorse McCoy. He's not being given enough credit for our success this season. Sure, sometimes his playcalling is predictable from 10 plays away, but he needs to be given credit for an almost unprecedented mid-season about-face that resulted in a playoff run.

I think this year was more about feeling Tebow and his chemistry with Recievers out than anything. I'm optimistic that next year won't be so hum-drum and predictable with a good off-season under their belt.

If nothing else, this brings a measure of stability we have lacked in the last few years.

Davii
01-21-2012, 08:30 PM
It's Tebows fault.

I think this is a good thing. I'll again endorse McCoy. He's not being given enough credit for our success this season. Sure, sometimes his playcalling is predictable from 10 plays away, but he needs to be given credit for an almost unprecedented mid-season about-face that resulted in a playoff run.

I think this year was more about feeling Tebow and his chemistry with Recievers out than anything. I'm optimistic that next year won't be so hum-drum and predictable with a good off-season under their belt.

If nothing else, this brings a measure of stability we have lacked in the last few years.

Here's hoping nobody hires away Allen

broken12
01-21-2012, 08:39 PM
I think its good I don't want another coordinator saying well give us another year. At least if mccoy sees it hellerecognizr. That tebow has a future or doesn't