PDA

View Full Version : Explanation of why BroncosForums.com was running VERY slow today

Tned
01-20-2012, 06:40 PM
While there is a Town Hall discussion on this, I thought I should post an explanation here for those that haven't read the Town Hall thread.

At some point today, and I'm not sure when, a problem occurred with one of the main companies that provides the ads that are displayed on BroncosForums. I have not even been able to contact them to check on the problem, as their main site is also offline right now.

I became aware of the problem a couple hours ago, and as soon as I was able to, I worked my way through all of the templates/code to change the code so that calls were no longer made to that ad provider.

As of about 5:30 Central time, the site was back to working normally.

Sorry about any problems this caused.

chazoe60
01-20-2012, 06:43 PM
Don't let it happen again ;)

I will cancel my subscription.

BORDERLINE
01-20-2012, 08:03 PM
I pay FREE99 for this type of service!!!!!!!

TNED, I need to talk to your supervisor...

Denver Native (Carol)
01-20-2012, 08:04 PM
While there is a Town Hall discussion on this, I thought I should post an explanation here for those that haven't read the Town Hall thread.

At some point today, and I'm not sure when, a problem occurred with one of the main companies that provides the ads that are displayed on BroncosForums. I have not even been able to contact them to check on the problem, as their main site is also offline right now.

I became aware of the problem a couple hours ago, and as soon as I was able to, I worked my way through all of the templates/code to change the code so that calls were no longer made to that ad provider.

As of about 5:30 Central time, the site was back to working normally.

Sorry about any problems this caused.

Thanks - I was afraid the Feds were checking up on BF :D

gatorpower
01-20-2012, 08:10 PM
Oh good, I thought it was just an auto-ban on gator fans.

Broncos Mtnman
01-20-2012, 08:11 PM
I demand a refund!!

wayninja
01-20-2012, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the explanation, I thought it must be my provider who I've been having problems with after a recent move. Good to eliminate yet another oddity.

NightTrainLayne
01-21-2012, 09:45 AM
No worries, Tned. We all know that the ads help make this place possible.