PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Sign Lamont Jordan

Italianmobstr7
03-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Per PFT and FOXsports.com's Alex Marvez

JORDAN HEADS BACK TO THE AFC WEST
Posted by Mike Florio on March 4, 2009, 12:14 p.m.
Running back LaMont Jordan has ping-ponged between the AFC East and the AFC West in his eight-year career.

Drafted by the Jets, he signed with the Raiders after his rookie contract expired. Cut by the Raiders, he headed to the Patriots.

And now that his contract with New England has expired, Jordan has signed up with the Broncos, according to Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com.

The connection is obvious. New Broncos coach Josh McDaniels was the offensive coordinator in New England, during Jordan’s only season there.

The Broncos also have signed running back Correll Buckhalter, and might not be done in the backfield.

BroncoWave
03-04-2009, 12:58 PM
So what's that, 20 running backs on our roster now?

Buff
03-04-2009, 01:08 PM
4 years too late.

cuzz4169
03-04-2009, 01:11 PM
A big body Rb who can catch I like this pick up. He still has some gas left a couple games he played in NE he looked good.

cuzz4169
03-04-2009, 01:11 PM

We need 20 because 15 will go on IR.

Dreadnought
03-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Unimpressive signing, to say the least. Next?

CoachChaz
03-04-2009, 01:14 PM
4 years too late.

I dont know. Players like him that bust their butt every play are the guys I want on my team. There are vocal leaders and leaders by example

turftoad
03-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Another second rate RB.

underrated29
03-04-2009, 01:17 PM
funny.

Those who arent for the signing are posting in this thread....Those of us that are for it are posting in the RB tidbit thread.

Interesting how things work out like that...

NightTrainLayne
03-04-2009, 01:19 PM
4 years too late.

Another second rate RB.

If I remember correctly there were a lot of similar comments about the Michael Pittman signing last year.

I'll reserve judgement on the guy. At least McDaniels has seen his work up close and personal. .. and as an added bonus, he knows the system too.

CoachChaz
03-04-2009, 01:21 PM

I know...it sucks that we have to bring in role players to create competition instead of just signing every big name on the market.

claymore
03-04-2009, 01:23 PM
I know...it sucks that we have to bring in role players to create competition instead of just signing every big name on the market.

IMO, there wasnt very many big names on the FA market this year. Haynesworth reaped the benifit on that.

honz
03-04-2009, 01:23 PM

I think this clearly means that Pittman, Selvin, and Andre are as good as gone. It gives us Buckhalter, Torain, Hillis (FB/HB?), Jordan, and maybe Arrington if we end up signing him. I might be missing someone, but that right there gives us pretty solid depth and a nice RBBC...and who knows, maybe we end up keeping Selvin too. Either way, it looks like we aren't going to have to use a pick in the draft on a RB...one more young defensive player to help build up some young talent on D.

CoachChaz
03-04-2009, 01:24 PM
IMO, there wasnt very many big names on the FA market this year. Haynesworth reaped the benifit on that.

I was being a little sarcastic.

claymore
03-04-2009, 01:25 PM
I was being a little sarcastic.

I know... I was just throwing it out there. Thinking outloud.

jrelway
03-04-2009, 01:35 PM
nothing wrong with depth so long as jordan came cheap. he does play hard though. very passionate too. i remember a few years back when he fumbled against us..he looked distraught on the sidelines biting on his mouthpiece, on his knees pounding the ground with his fists. i like that in a player. plus, im sure he'll outlast torrain anyways (health wise).

broncofaninfla
03-04-2009, 01:35 PM
I wouldn't be surprsied to see us add a RB in rounds 3-5 now either

tomjonesrocks
03-04-2009, 01:36 PM
I think this clearly means that Pittman, Selvin, and Andre are as good as gone.

I'm not excited at all by this, but I vote Torain goes too. We don't need to waste any more time on that guy--he wasn't all that impressive a draft choice before all the devastating injuries.

broncofaninfla
03-04-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm not excited at all by this, but I vote Torain goes too. We don't need to waste any more time on that guy--he wasn't all that impressive a draft choice before all the devastating injuries.

I'd say at this point sure looks like Torain is on the bubble with McD. I'm guessing Hall and Young are as good as gone being McD is adding so many RB's to an already crowded roster.

DenBronx
03-04-2009, 01:43 PM
yep, this is wayyyyy better than getting a guy like mccoy, brown, wells, moreno or greene. we dont really have room on our team for a rb that can carry the load 20+ times a game by himself. and with all the teams taking rb's in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd last year really didnt pan out for any of them either? :rolleyes: i'm pretty sure the bears and texans will agree, it's much better to sign old vets that have nothing left in their tanks so they can prove to the nfl that they will finally take advantage of their shot.

*sarcasm off* and *rant over*

now, looks like hillis will be the starting fb though. makes sense to have as many good players on the field at once. i'm really hoping torain will win the job and stay healthy.

turftoad
03-04-2009, 01:48 PM

I like what the Jets have done for thier "D" more than what we have done. I think we have/had more cap room than the Jets, so......... we still could have added some other talent on both sides of the ball.

Jet main FA signings:

Bart Scott (LB)

Lito Sheppard (CB)

Jim Leonhard (S)

KCL
03-04-2009, 01:48 PM

Larry Johnson

Northman
03-04-2009, 01:50 PM
yep, this is wayyyyy better than getting a guy like mccoy, brown, wells, moreno or greene. we dont really have room on our team for a rb that can carry the load 20+ times a game by himself. and with all the teams taking rb's in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd last year really didnt pan out for any of them either? :rolleyes: i'm pretty sure the bears and texans will agree, it's much better to sign old vets that have nothing left in their tanks so they can prove to the nfl that they will finally take advantage of their shot.

*sarcasm off* and *rant over*

now, looks like hillis will be the starting fb though. makes sense to have as many good players on the field at once. i'm really hoping torain will win the job and stay healthy.

I wouldnt give up yet on taking a back in the draft. However, maybe he plans on using a lot of those picks on Defenders i guess we will se.

Lonestar
03-04-2009, 01:53 PM
I like what the Jets have done for thier "D" more than what we have done. I think we have/had more cap room than the Jets, so......... we still could have added some other talent on both sides of the ball.

Jet main FA signings:

Bart Scott (LB)

Lito Sheppard (CB)

Jim Leonhard (S)

but the jets have a defense to fill holes in we do not..

we had Champ and DJ as proven players.. the rest of the players are specualtion..

turftoad
03-04-2009, 02:04 PM
but the jets have a defense to fill holes in we do not..

we had Champ and DJ as proven players.. the rest of the players are specualtion..

I know. I'm just saying that we could have had these guys plus a couple others that we;ve already signed.
All three of those guys would have filled holes also.

Anyway, I'm pissed about who we signed at all, just thought we could have gotten some better qualitiy is all.

turftoad
03-04-2009, 02:17 PM
JORDAN HEADS BACK TO THE AFC WEST
Posted by Mike Florio on March 4, 2009, 12:14 p.m.
Running back LaMont Jordan has ping-ponged between the AFC East and the AFC West in his eight-year career.

Drafted by the Jets, he signed with the Raiders after his rookie contract expired. Cut by the Raiders, he headed to the Patriots.

And now that his contract with New England has expired, Jordan has signed up with the Broncos, according to Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com.

The connection is obvious. New Broncos coach Josh McDaniels was the offensive coordinator in New England, during Jordan’s only season there.

The Broncos also have signed running back Correll Buckhalter, and might not be done in the backfield.

WARHORSE
03-04-2009, 02:30 PM
He will come into OTAs and TC and compete. He knows the offense and will be another teacher in the facility during that entire time.

If he doesnt make the roster...he still helps teach the offense the whole time.

No loss. No risk. Only help.

If he beats out other players......then hes part of fielding the best team.

Good signing.

Buff
03-04-2009, 02:31 PM
If I remember correctly there were a lot of similar comments about the Michael Pittman signing last year.

And if I remember correctly, Pittman ultimately ended up being too old to endure a full season at the position...

Lonestar
03-04-2009, 02:59 PM
I know. I'm just saying that we could have had these guys plus a couple others that we;ve already signed.
All three of those guys would have filled holes also.

Anyway, I'm pissed about who we signed at all, just thought we could have gotten some better qualitiy is all.

Perhaps we could have but they were not in the plan for the duration nor budget..

I'd rather have 6-9 players that can hold the fort for a couple of years till the rookies can step in and play.. Team players not head cases that are just in it for the money..

Give me old junk yard dogs any day over more primadonnas.. Got enough of those already..

WARHORSE
03-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Perhaps we could have but they were not in the plan for the duration nor budget..

I'd rather have 6-9 players that can hold the fort for a couple of years till the rookies can step in and play.. Team players not head cases that are just in it for the money..

Give me old junk yard dogs any day over more primadonnas.. Got enough of those already..

Junkyard dogs is right.

Like Dawk.:salute:

bcbronc
03-04-2009, 03:14 PM
I like this signing. a big back with good hands and relatively low mileage. pretty much Ward-lite. add in McD knows what he's getting with Lamont and he's a solid addition.

DenBronx
03-04-2009, 03:19 PM
I wouldnt give up yet on taking a back in the draft. However, maybe he plans on using a lot of those picks on Defenders i guess we will se.

dont be suprised to see a tight end taken in round 1 if sheffler gets traded.

bcbronc
03-04-2009, 03:21 PM

I'd be beyond shocked. I'd fling poop at my TV screen if that happens. NE used their TE sparingly, so why would we trade a good pass-catching TE and then ignore our major needs on defense by taking a 1st round TE? makes about as much sense as trading Cutler for Cassel straight up.

Lonestar
03-04-2009, 04:01 PM

we beefed up the O in FA and will be looking at DL OLB on draft day maybe a safety. after that maybe a second day RB

dogfish
03-04-2009, 04:37 PM
doogie likes collecting mediocre RBs as much as gruden likes collecting mediocre QBs. . . . :laugh:

TXBRONC
03-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Larry Johnson

Please we've enough of our own problems.

Medford Bronco
03-04-2009, 04:58 PM
I dont know. Players like him that bust their butt every play are the guys I want on my team. There are vocal leaders and leaders by example

Good player if he stays heathly. He can catch the ball.

I think he will be a 3rd down back and change of pace.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-04-2009, 05:12 PM
i'm confused.