PDA

View Full Version : Tide cornerback Kirkpatrick could be on Broncos' radar in draft

Denver Native (Carol)
01-19-2012, 10:36 PM
The NFL made it official Thursday when it gave the league-endorsed thumbs-up to 65 underclassmen who will be in the talent pool for the April 26-28 draft.

The group of 65 represents the most over the last decade, nine more than the previous high over that span (56) which entered last year's draft.

rest of article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19778215

Ziggy
01-19-2012, 10:47 PM
We won't get him without trading up, even with the recent arrest.

ikillz0mbies
01-19-2012, 10:57 PM
Yes please!!!! I'd love for him to fall to the Broncos at 25!!!

VonSackemMiller
01-20-2012, 01:47 AM
kirkpatrick will be there at 25.

igoe4broncos
01-20-2012, 07:38 AM
I would love that pick. Kirkpatrick is a beast.

UnderArmour
01-20-2012, 08:03 AM
If they have to give up a 3rd rounder to move up and get Kirkpatrick, I would be on board with it. We desperately need help in the secondary to give Doom and Von more time to get to the QB.

SoCalImport
01-20-2012, 08:30 AM
As little as I know about college ball, I do know that Kirkpatrick is unlikely to fall to us. Didn't know about the arrest but as long as it was something minor then I'd love it if we managed to get him.

CoachChaz
01-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Regardless of who we draft at CB...we need a FA stud as well so we can move Champ to FS. Changes need to happen now

VonSackemMiller
01-20-2012, 08:50 AM
we wont need to move,up to get kirkpatrick, his lack of ball skills will drop him to the back of the first round. hell be a good pick for us at 25 though, him and jenkings have good potential.

CoachChaz
01-20-2012, 09:43 AM
I think he's a bit overrated as well...but the more of those guys that get drafted ahead of us, the better

VonSackemMiller
01-20-2012, 10:07 AM
I like Dre but id much rather take janoris jenkings. Much much much more upside and play making ability than kirkpatrick. Either one will work for me but Jenkings is my favorite of the two. i like that athletic ability, running in the 4.3, great hips, Got kicked off the team in florida but ehh kids make mistakes. If Jenkings and kirkpatrick are both on the board and im the GM im taking Jenkings allday if you want a pure all around CB. Kirkpatrick is the better tackler and thats it. Jenkings the guy you take who will definitly be there when we pick.

SOCALORADO.
01-20-2012, 10:13 AM
I think he's a bit overrated as well...but the more of those guys that get drafted ahead of us, the better

Speed recievers seem to really burn this guy.

VonSackemMiller
01-20-2012, 10:20 AM
Speed recievers seem to really burn this guy.

janoris jenkings pretty much shut down aj green and julio jones when he was at florida. the only times he got beat was when he had mental lapses in zone coverages a few times. but he rarely got beat. hes a lock down corner who had some troubles that will make him slide down into the back of the first round but hes definitly a top 10 type of talent.

SOCALORADO.
01-20-2012, 10:23 AM
janoris jenkings pretty much shut down aj green and julio jones when he was at florida. the only times he got beat was when he had mental lapses in zone coverages a few times. but he rarely got beat. hes a lock down corner who had some troubles that will make him slide down into the back of the first round but hes definitly a top 10 type of talent.

I know, hes awsome. I love the guys skills. Unfortunaltely i think DEn will pass on him cause he likes to smoke weed.

CoachChaz
01-20-2012, 10:56 AM
Biggest knocks on Jenkins are his size and off-field trouble. yes...kids make mistakes, but he wasnt kicked off the team until after his SECOND arrest.

LTC Pain
01-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Biggest knocks on Jenkins are his size and off-field trouble. yes...kids make mistakes, but he wasnt kicked off the team until after his SECOND arrest.

Agreed. First time can be waived off with the "kids make mistakes" and learning applied. 2nd time (or more), to me, equals a trend and the Broncos need to stay away from them. Unless the Broncos think dope smokers can help get us to the Super Bowl?

NightTerror218
01-20-2012, 12:33 PM
I dont see a corner having on field issues with Champ and Dawkins on the team. Unless it is off the field issues.

silkamilkamonico
01-20-2012, 12:43 PM
Ugh.

I know we need them, but CB's are soo unexciting. I think I get more excited when I hear an OL drafted before a CB.

I have also seen mocks with Denver some TE out of Clemson, Duane. That would be equally as boring, and also bad.

Jsteve01
01-20-2012, 12:54 PM
pot doesn't scare me....it makes me mellow

NightTerror218
01-20-2012, 12:56 PM
if he falls to 25 he could very well be BPA and would be taken by EFX in heartbeat.

VonSackemMiller
01-20-2012, 07:04 PM

hes 5'10 like most corners in the league. I would still take jenkings regardless of what happend 2 years ago.

VonSackemMiller
01-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Agreed. First time can be waived off with the "kids make mistakes" and learning applied. 2nd time (or more), to me, equals a trend and the Broncos need to stay away from them. Unless the Broncos think dope smokers can help get us to the Super Bowl?

yeah because youve walked through life only making one mistake right?

OrangeHoof
01-20-2012, 07:08 PM
If he got the same training at Alabama as Kareem Jackson, he might get torched for a couple of years before he figures out what he is doing. Jackson was also a first-rounder who had the pre-draft reputation of "most complete corner in the draft".

VonSackemMiller
01-20-2012, 07:17 PM
kkrkpatrick remind me lf carlos rodgers, it took like 2 years for him to get good and stick to wr in washington but he still didny have ball skilles untill his 5th year in san fran, and now hes a good corner. But it took 5 years.

ATLbroNCO
01-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Roll tide!