PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' McCoy says no to Raiders

Magnificent Seven
01-19-2012, 05:09 PM
McCoy took his name off the Oakland Raiders' list, canceling his scheduled interview in Denver with newly-hired Oakland general manager Reggie McKenzie to board a flight to New York.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19768569

CoachChaz
01-19-2012, 05:30 PM
McCoy is pretty convinced the Miami job belongs to him

Tned
01-19-2012, 05:33 PM

I don't think it's that. I think he feared facing Tebow twice a year...

camdisco24
01-19-2012, 05:40 PM

Or he has naturally picked up hatred for the Raiders while coaching for the orange and blue. Make sense to me. :D

Lancane
01-19-2012, 05:42 PM

McCoy didn't want to risk interviewing with Oakland, he wants the Miami head coach position and didn't want to risk it. I think it will play in his favor as well, the others they've interviewed all had other interviews they went ahead with, McCoy was sold on their franchise, he wants the job and that makes him a commodity that Miami isn't use to.

:lol:

igoe4broncos
01-19-2012, 06:39 PM
He knows he will get fired in one year if the Raiders don't make the playoffs.

MileHighCrew
01-19-2012, 06:45 PM

I was thinking the idea of his new QB facing VON twice a year is what he didn't like.

Magnificent Seven
01-19-2012, 06:48 PM
Perhaps, McCoy shows that he cares about Broncos. He won't share the information about Broncos' stuff with the Raiders organization.

Josh McDaniels has no respect for us. He joined Patriots organization as offensive assistant right before Broncos vs. Patriots game. Shared the whole information with them.

Why did they hire him? Their coaching system is pretty good. But why him?

Kinda cheated on us.

Lancane
01-19-2012, 06:57 PM
Perhaps, McCoy shows that he cares about Broncos. He won't share the information about Broncos' stuff with the Raiders organization.

Josh McDaniels has no respect for us. He joined Patriots organization as offensive assistant right before Broncos vs. Patriots game. Shared the whole information with them.

Why did they hire him? Their coaching system is pretty good. But why him?

Kinda cheated on us.

Not sure I'd agree, I truly believe he wants the Miami Head Coaching position, if he really cared about this team and organization he could have turned all interviews down. And let's not forget that Oakland has been linked to wanting to hire Green Bay coaches, Miami was more of a realistic shot IMHO.

MileHighCrew
01-19-2012, 07:03 PM
Don't really care why he turned the Faiders down, just glad he did.

The Glue Factory
01-19-2012, 08:42 PM
Don't really care why he turned the Faiders down, just glad he did.

Why? If he really isn't that great, wouldn't it make our job of beating the Raiders just that much easier?

lgenf
01-19-2012, 08:44 PM
With Miami he gets a shot at drafting a QB for himself

Raiders are all but certain to get a packer asst

And Miami is on the upswing with a good defense and decent offense

topscribe
01-20-2012, 12:15 AM
All the sudden, I like McCoy again . . .

NightTerror218
01-20-2012, 12:59 PM
With Miami he gets a shot at drafting a QB for himself

Raiders are all but certain to get a packer asst

And Miami is on the upswing with a good defense and decent offense

when did Nolan leave Miami as DC? He saved that defense and rose it from the ashes. I miss that dude as DC.

MileHighCrew
01-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Why? If he really isn't that great, wouldn't it make our job of beating the Raiders just that much easier?

I hate to see anyone with the Broncos go the the Raiders. It is just a rule of thumb

wayninja
01-20-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm fairly pleased by this, but it would be a little sweeter if he said '**** NO!' to the raiders.