PDA

View Full Version : Red sox nation!!!!

Southstander RSM
03-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Go Red Sox!!!!!

getlynched47
03-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Lol is this my buddy South?????? :laugh:

I should've known.......Southstander + Red Sox = Love Making...

gnomeflinger
03-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Red Sox???? At least it's not the Astros.

Southstander RSM
03-03-2009, 08:39 PM
It is me, the one and only!!

Can you hear the Barry White in the back ground?

gnomeflinger
03-03-2009, 08:41 PM

Isn't Barry White dead?

claymore
03-03-2009, 08:41 PM

I love the red sox, but I hate you. :drinking:

getlynched47
03-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Isn't Barry White dead?

Not in my little world :coffee:

gnomeflinger
03-03-2009, 08:46 PM
What is a sox anyway?

Southstander RSM
03-03-2009, 08:51 PM
You wear them on your feet, it is silumlar to a "Knick"

You hate me, You barely know me.

gnomeflinger
03-03-2009, 09:36 PM
You wear them on your feet, it is silumlar to a "Knick"

You hate me, You barely know me.

Me? Hate? :pound:

Southstander RSM
03-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Me? Hate? :pound:

No not you claymore.

gnomeflinger
03-03-2009, 09:57 PM
No not you claymore.

Oh, well, you failed at the quote thing. :coffee:

Southstander RSM
03-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Oh, well, you failed at the quote thing. :coffee:

No you failed at the reading thing. I did not try to used quote thing, as you can see I can use it just fine.:cool:

slim
03-03-2009, 10:33 PM
The sox suck...fyi.

bengaaaaals1688
03-03-2009, 10:34 PM
I knew A Southstander at Mania...

MOtorboat
Bandwagon.

getlynched47
I knew A Southstander at Mania...

same guy :salute:

bengaaaaals1688
03-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Bandwagon.

If it's the guy I'm thinking of, that would be incorrect.

Southstander RSM
03-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Bandwagon.

You have some balls to call me a Bandwagon fan since you have Dawkins in your sig. How many games has he played for us? That is what I thought.

I am far from a bandwaggon fan.

getlynched47
03-03-2009, 10:41 PM
You have some balls to call me a Bandwagon fan since you have Dawkins in your sig. How many games has he played for us? That is what I thought.

Calm down there slugger...missouri Bronc gave me a similar welcome when I got here :lol:

he's cool.......

bengaaaaals1688
03-03-2009, 10:43 PM

Don't worry about MO... He's a cool cat, just a little on the blunt side.

Southstander RSM
03-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Also ask aroud the those that know me. They will tell you about my passion. I am a Proud Memeber of the Red Sox Mafia. We stick around when the band Wagon fans are gone.

MOtorboat
03-03-2009, 10:48 PM

Sorry...just in my experience here in the midwest...other than my buddy Chris who is from Boston, I've met a lot of bandwagon fans...

slim
03-03-2009, 10:50 PM

Simmer down.

We like to bust nuts around here. Don't take things too seriously.

bengaaaaals1688
03-03-2009, 10:50 PM
Sorry...just in my experience here in the midwest...other than my buddy Chris who is from Boston, I've met a lot of bandwagon fans...

You're a bandwagon Broncos fan a-hole... Next thing you know you're gonna follow me and King to the Bengals.:coffee:

Southstander RSM
03-03-2009, 10:52 PM
Calm down there slugger...missouri Bronc gave me a similar welcome when I got here :lol:

he's cool.......

Sorry I don't put up being called a Band Wagon fan.:salute:

bengaaaaals1688
03-03-2009, 10:52 PM
Oh, btw, I'm a Red Sox fan, too. Med will be around at some point.

Southstander RSM
03-03-2009, 10:53 PM

They tick me off to.

MOtorboat
You're a bandwagon Broncos fan a-hole... Next thing you know you're gonna follow me and King to the Bengals.:coffee:

:pound:

OK...almost...nope...

Just can't stop laug....

getlynched47
Sorry I don't put up being called a Band Wagon fan.:salute:

I'm sure your Band Wagon goes faster than their station wagon ;)

chazoe60
03-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Go ROX!!!!!!!!!!!!

last time I did that SS tried to kick my ass through his screen. Bring it SS!!!!!!!!!!

bengaaaaals1688
03-03-2009, 10:55 PM

OK...almost...nope...

Just can't stop laug....

Go to the light MO... We're waiting for you.

Southstander RSM
03-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Oh, btw, I'm a Red Sox fan, too. Med will be around at some point.

I knew there was some thing about you I liked.

Southstander RSM
03-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Go ROX!!!!!!!!!!!!

last time I did that SS tried to kick my ass through his screen. Bring it SS!!!!!!!!!!

I will stab you in the neck over and over agan with a #2 Pencil if you say that again.

Oh wait that got me banned elsewhere pretend you did not see that.

Just Rememeber the Ass kicking that was delt in 07.

MOtorboat
03-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Um...go royals...and go rockies...mostly go royals...

:vroam:

BroncoBJ
03-04-2009, 12:21 AM
:lol: I agree with MoBronco. South became a Fan in 2004. he told me.

:lol: .. Just playin with you Mr. South ... Even though I still like to call him a bandwagon fan from time to time. Damn though.. Boston fans piss me off so much. They can be a fan since like 1900 and I'll still call them a bandwagon fan out of hate. :lol:

Glad to see that your very 1st thread on this site is about Boston. Cute.

MOtorboat
03-04-2009, 12:23 AM
:lol: I agree with MoBronco. South became a Fan in 2004. he told me.

:lol: .. Just playin with you Mr. South ... Even though I still like to call him a bandwagon fan from time to time. Damn though.. Boston fans piss me off so much. They can be a fan since like 1900 and I'll still call them a bandwagon fan out of hate. :lol:

Glad to see that your very 1st thread on this site is about Boston. Cute.

Ha...right...

Yanks fans, especially those in Oklahoma, are jokes too...lol...

Bandwagon...

Thnikkaman
03-04-2009, 12:23 AM
Red Sux = Yankers.

Welcome to the board btw.

BroncoBJ
03-04-2009, 12:24 AM
Ha...right...

Yanks fans, especially those in Oklahoma, are jokes too...lol...

Bandwagon...

:lol: Oklahoma? Thats hella Random.

But I've been a Yanks fan since birth anyways. It runs in the family considering were all from Connecticut. :salute:

bengaaaaals1688
03-04-2009, 01:24 AM
:lol: Oklahoma? Thats hella Random.

But I've been a Yanks fan since birth anyways. It runs in the family considering were all from Connecticut. :salute:

So am I, and I hate the Yankees. Oh, and CT sucks balls.

BroncoBJ
03-04-2009, 02:57 AM
So am I, and I hate the Yankees. Oh, and CT sucks balls.

:lol: .. Well I know that not everyone from CT Loves the Yankees. Its kinda mixed. But I'm 30 miles from Yankee Stadium ... Plus my family is Yankee fans and it just grew on me. But Like Mo said. Any Boston fan/Yankee fan you just assume there are bandwagon fans.

Kinda like when I see Royal fans. I just assume that they are Gods gift of baseball and are true diehard fans. :salute:

Thnikkaman
03-04-2009, 10:58 AM
I'll admit that I am sort of a bandwagon Rockies fan in that I pay more attention to them when they are doing better, but I will not root for any other team. Baseball just isn't as interesting as Hockey or Football.

Southstander RSM
03-04-2009, 02:53 PM
:lol: .. Well I know that not everyone from CT Loves the Yankees. Its kinda mixed. But I'm 30 miles from Yankee Stadium ... Plus my family is Yankee fans and it just grew on me. But Like Mo said. Any Boston fan/Yankee fan you just assume there are bandwagon fans.

Kinda like when I see Royal fans. I just assume that they are Gods gift of baseball and are true diehard fans. :salute:

Lets see, you where born in 1988, and they started their most recent run of success when in the mid 90's, when you where at least 6. An age old enough to start to make you mind up on what team to like. So that means you started to like them when they where winning. Same with the Bronocs. You where ten, at the time of the Super Bowl. Which makes me wonder, if are in CT why do you like the Broncos. Could it be that you are a bandwagoner the displaces your veiw on sports on to others?

BroncoBJ
03-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Lets see, you where born in 1988, and they started their most recent run of success when in the mid 90's, when you where at least 6. An age old enough to start to make you mind up on what team to like. So that means you started to like them when they where winning. Same with the Bronocs. You where ten, at the time of the Super Bowl. Which makes me wonder, if are in CT why do you like the Broncos. Could it be that you are a bandwagoner the displaces your veiw on sports on to others?

Well my favorite hockey team is the Redwings and my favorite NBA team is the Spurs. :coffee: But If you want I can dig up baby album photos of me.
I had Yankee and Bronco stuff on when I was 4 years old. :lol:
So that was in like 92/93. The Yankees nor Broncos haven't done anything in that time. Plus I'm still a fan. Its not like I changed teams again when I turned 16 or so because they wern't winning. I know some Steeler/Boston fans. I know some Yankee/Laker/Cowboy fans. I'm far from a bandwagoner. :lol:
Win, lose, or tie ... it don't matter. I''ll always be a fan of my team. :elefant:

bengaaaaals1688
03-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Well my favorite hockey team is the Redwings and my favorite NBA team is the Spurs. :coffee: But If you want I can dig up baby album photos of me.
I had Yankee and Bronco stuff on when I was 4 years old. :lol:
So that was in like 92/93. The Yankees nor Broncos haven't done anything in that time. Plus I'm still a fan. Its not like I changed teams again when I turned 16 or so because they wern't winning. I know some Steeler/Boston fans. I know some Yankee/Laker/Cowboy fans. I'm far from a bandwagoner. :lol:
Win, lose, or tie ... it don't matter. I''ll always be a fan of my team. :elefant:

Bengals, Red Sox (Mariners to a lesser degree), Bulls... I never should have been born on the East Coast.

Southstander RSM
03-04-2009, 06:35 PM
What made you like those teams, and when did you start to like the Chicken wings and Spurs? For the Wings I am guessing 1996–97, and for the Spurs 1999.

Devilspawn
03-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Just a small red nation in a Yankees Universe. :D

May the best non-Tampa team win the A.L. East.

BroncoBJ
03-04-2009, 07:32 PM
What made you like those teams, and when did you start to like the Chicken wings and Spurs? For the Wings I am guessing 1996–97, and for the Spurs 1999.

South.. get a sarcasm detector. :lol:
My NBA team is the Nuggets.
And my NHL team is the Avs.

Both those teams play in Denver FYI.

And still a fan til this day. Funny huh?

And 10 years from now.. I'll still be a fan.
same with 20 years from now
30.. and so on.

:elefant:

bengaaaaals1688
03-04-2009, 07:35 PM

Too bad the Yankees suck.:D

Southstander RSM
03-04-2009, 08:19 PM

The "Yankee Universe" has to be the stupist, come back I have ever heard. It is typical over the top Steinbrenner. To be honest, I am not a big fan of the term Red Sox Nation. Both are just plain dumb, yes I know I call this tread Res Sox Nation, it is only because my thread in Broncos Country that.

JayCutler4MVP!!! I have always wondered why you like all teams from Denver, but like the Yankees. How does this work.

Devilspawn
03-04-2009, 08:40 PM
The "Yankee Universe" has to be the stupist, come back I have ever heard. It is typical over the top Steinbrenner. To be honest, I am not a big fan of the term Red Sox Nation. Both are just plain dumb, yes I know I call this tread Res Sox Nation, it is only because my thread in Broncos Country that.

JayCutler4MVP!!! I have always wondered why you like all teams from Denver, but like the Yankees. How does this work.
But is the Yankees Universe. :elefant:

The next three in the WS pecking order (Cards, A's, Sox) have as much championships as the Yanks combined.

The next 5 have 1 more less 'ships than the Yanks combined.

The rest of the WS winners (13) have 1 more 'ship than the Yanks combined.

I mean if that isn't a universe.

And Yanks fans are scattered from Maine to Omicron Persei 8. Bandwagoners? Perhaps. Ask Lebron. But still.

BroncoBJ
03-04-2009, 09:35 PM

Its all just strange. But I come from a baseball family. And my family is half Mets and half Yankees. My dad has been a Yankee fan since the 60's and I've pretty much been a Yankees fan since birth. Guess I was brainwashed? And we moved out to Wyoming when I was young and then thats when we followed football. Everyone was Bronco fans out here and I guess I followed them. I guess baseball is my 1st love though. I still like and root for the Rockies but its no where close to my love for the Yankees. Then basketball and hockey I didn't really get in to til I was older. I'm still not really in to hockey. But I just pick the Avs since thier close. :lol:

Thats why the Broncos and yankees are my 2 teams.

Heres a trip down memory lane for you South:

Me when I was in Kindergarden.. or 1st grade.. So that would be in 94/95? Before Denver had any SB's:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c25/portis226/l_adbf3d1404122a966dc5831d8a1038de.jpg

See the Broncos ish I'm wearing??

And heres 1 of my dad and me on the Trampoline:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c25/portis226/l_0f749dc2cb375accf0f13f74a2f6c7db.jpg

See he has the Denver shirt on? Check the date in that picture. 1996. Before we had a SB.

As for the Yankees... Heres a pic of me and my dad both with Yankee hats on ( Yea thier pink so it looks gayish lol)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c25/portis226/l_b4d78b58141277728a3f77014a696e-1.jpg

I'm not sure what year that was but I was probably between the ages of 4-6. Long before we had a World Series in my lifetime.

And then South.. Heres another pic of me when i was probably around 3 years old with a Yankee jacket on:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c25/portis226/l_e173cf9c78c135d132d57bdb7f2a287b.jpg

So now theres a little brief photo album of me. And I'm still a fan til this day. I cant choose what teams I become a fan of. Its all in blood for the most part. So I didn't just choose my teams when I was 10 or so just because we won a title. I don't care how good or how bad my teams are.. I will always be a fan. Bandwagon fans hop from team to team. I've been a fan of my teams at a very young age and I'm still a fan of my teams now at the age of 20.

And since you tell me that its odd that I'm a fan of all Denver teams except the Yankees.. and act like its all fishy..... I'll do the same with you ... Why are you a fan of all Boston teams but like the Broncos??

And for someone whos a "bandwagon fan" .. I go to a lot of games. I probably go to about 3-5 Bronco games every year. And I go to Yankee Stadium usually each year. Go to probably 3-5 Yankee games as well I'd say. Plus I go to other baseball games in random cities. But Trust me.. I have a strong passion for my teams Mr. South.

And I'm sure theres something else I wanted to talk about but forgot.
hmm.. thats good for now I guess.

Southstander RSM
03-05-2009, 12:14 AM
After seeing those pictures, I have to ask. Did you get your ass kicked every day at school, or was it just every monday?

I have been a Bronocos fan all my life, I have a Elway Autograph on my wall When we was in his 4th year.

As far as my Love for Boston goes, I have told this you this before. I become a Boston fan in the early in 90's. I got into baseball in 1990 when my day lived in Oakland, and took me to an A's game. I have pictures some where of me at my first game. It was against the O's. Only prob is in the picture I am wearing an A's hat. It was not by choice, he bought the hat, and I did not know much about baseball so I wore it. Then one day after school I caught a playoff game with Clemens on the mound, and I became a Red Sox fan. Back then with out the Internet it was hard to follow them, so when the Rockies came I would go to games and cheer for them. I got my first Computer in 99, the same year the All Star game was in Boston, and cried like a baby when Teddy Ballgame threw out the first pitch. From that point on my passion grew and grew. But it was born that day after school.

To be honest I love all Boston teams. I started to cheer on the Pats in the early 90's as well. But the Broncos where and alway will be my first NFL team. So far none of my team have won any titles. So band wagoning here.

I became a Bruins fan with the Bourque trade. Being a Avs fan from year one, I loved that Boston still was pulling for Ray eventhough he was no longer on the team. I still want one of the those half Avs/Bruins Jerseys.

Where the C's come in is, since I was pulling for the Red Sox, Pats, and Bruins, why not go for the C's, since at that time the Nuggets where a joke. A buddy and I had tickets at the old Big Mac, and our set where in the very back row. By the time the game was done we where right behind the Nuggets dancers.

So long before the Broncos, Red Sox, Avs, Bruins, Celtics, and Patroits had a title in some cases over a decade, I was a fan of them.

So stop with the whole band waggon thing it is old, and it really angers me.

Southstander RSM
03-05-2009, 12:19 AM
But is the Yankees Universe. :elefant:

The next three in the WS pecking order (Cards, A's, Sox) have as much championships as the Yanks combined.

The next 5 have 1 more less 'ships than the Yanks combined.

The rest of the WS winners (13) have 1 more 'ship than the Yanks combined.

I mean if that isn't a universe.

And Yanks fans are scattered from Maine to Omicron Persei 8. Bandwagoners? Perhaps. Ask Lebron. But still.

Nice Futurama reset.

Red Sox fan circle the globe too. You my be the evil empire, but Darth Vader Lightsaber was Red Sox Red, not pinstriped.

Oh and the Jedi's are blue, him what team in Baseball have Red And Blue caps?

As far as the green one Yoda and Luke use, the St Patty's day alternates.

So even in a galaxy far far away the Red Sox are well represented.

BroncoBJ
03-05-2009, 12:45 AM
After seeing those pictures, I have to ask. Did you get your ass kicked every day at school, or was it just every monday?

I have been a Bronocos fan all my life, I have a Elway Autograph on my wall When we was in his 4th year.

As far as my Love for Boston goes, I have told this you this before. I become a Boston fan in the early in 90's. I got into baseball in 1990 when my day lived in Oakland, and took me to an A's game. I have pictures some where of me at my first game. It was against the O's. Only prob is in the picture I am wearing an A's hat. It was not by choice, he bought the hat, and I did not know much about baseball so I wore it. Then one day after school I caught a playoff game with Clemens on the mound, and I became a Red Sox fan. Back then with out the Internet it was hard to follow them, so when the Rockies came I would go to games and cheer for them. I got my first Computer in 99, the same year the All Star game was in Boston, and cried like a baby when Teddy Ballgame threw out the first pitch. From that point on my passion grew and grew. But it was born that day after school.

To be honest I love all Boston teams. I started to cheer on the Pats in the early 90's as well. But the Broncos where and alway will be my first NFL team. So far none of my team have won any titles. So band wagoning here.

I became a Bruins fan with the Bourque trade. Being a Avs fan from year one, I loved that Boston still was pulling for Ray eventhough he was no longer on the team. I still want one of the those half Avs/Bruins Jerseys.

Where the C's come in is, since I was pulling for the Red Sox, Pats, and Bruins, why not go for the C's, since at that time the Nuggets where a joke. A buddy and I had tickets at the old Big Mac, and our set where in the very back row. By the time the game was done we where right behind the Nuggets dancers.

So long before the Broncos, Red Sox, Avs, Bruins, Celtics, and Patroits had a title in some cases over a decade, I was a fan of them.

So stop with the whole band waggon thing it is old, and it really angers me.

:lol: .. I didn't call you a Bandwagon fan in this thread though. I stopped calling you that a long time ago. I mentioned it in this thread but as a joke.
And I know that no body likes being called a bandwagon fan.. unless they really are.

And I got picked on for liking the Yankees kinda. Liking Denver was the cool thing to do out here. But I'm far far from a bandwagon fan.

And yea.. You've told me your stories about your love for Boston before. Just like I've told my stories about my Denver teams plus the Yankees.

oh and random.. heres a pic for Med:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c25/portis226/l_4d2ddf50079ef7c27ee6e62aaeae48c2.jpg

Avs ftw.

But I'm far from a bandwagon fan. I pick a team.. and thier my team for life. Bandwagon fans like a team when they win. and then they lose.. and they find another team thats doing good to root for. I've never been like that.

And heres me wearing a Rockies shirt when they 1st came in to existance:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c25/portis226/l_ad8fc050507f467256c03b9e4e9898b6.jpg

More pictures for ya... But Yankees are definatly 1st in my heart.

And I think South.. that you and me are similar.
You like all Boston teams with the Broncos being your fav football team with the Pats second. And I like all Denver teams with the Yankees being my fav baseball team and the Rockies 2nd.

So thats for anyone who thinks I'm a bandwagon fan. :salute:

And damn..looking at those pictures makes me realize what a cute kid I was.
WTF happened to me

Southstander RSM
03-05-2009, 01:45 AM
the ugly ducking in reverse.

BroncoBJ
03-05-2009, 01:56 AM
the ugly ducking in reverse.

Thanks. :salute:

I can always count on you if I want my self esteem up. :elefant:

Southstander RSM
03-05-2009, 01:59 AM
I know I am a Rumplefugely, so don't feel bad.

Southstander RSM
03-05-2009, 11:39 PM
Puerto Rico 9 Boston 5

Boston AB R H RBI BB SO LOB AVG
Ellsbury, CF 3 1 2 0 0 1 0 .667
Reddick, LF 2 0 0 0 0 0 1 .000
Lugo, SS 3 0 1 1 0 0 2 .333
Diaz, SS 2 0 0 0 0 1 4 .000
Carter, 1B 3 0 3 1 0 0 0 1.000
McAnulty, 1B 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 .000
Bailey, LF 3 0 0 0 0 2 5 .000
Van Every, J, CF 1 0 0 0 1 0 3 .000
Wilkerson, RF 2 1 1 1 1 0 2 .500
Ambres, RF 2 0 0 0 0 1 1 .000
Lowrie, 3B 3 0 1 0 0 0 3 .333
1-Velazquez, PR-3B 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 .000
b-Daeges, PH 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 .000
Kottaras, G, DH 2 1 0 0 1 1 1 .000
a-Anderson, PH-DH 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 .000
Bard, J, C 2 0 0 0 0 2 0 .000
Brown, C 1 0 1 1 1 0 0 1.000
Green, N, 2B 2 1 0 0 0 1 2 .000
Ochoa, 2B 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 .000
Totals 36 5 9 5 4 10 26

a-Struck out for Kottaras, G in the 7th. b-Popped out for Velazquez in the 9th.
1-Ran for Lowrie in the 6th.

BATTING
2B: Ellsbury (1, Mercado), Brown (1, Romero).
HR: Wilkerson (1, 6th inning off Romero, 0 on, 0 out).
TB: Ellsbury 3; Lugo; Carter 3; Wilkerson 4; Lowrie; Brown 2.
RBI: Lugo (1), Carter (1), Wilkerson (1), Brown (1), McAnulty (1).
2-out RBI: Carter; McAnulty.
Runners left in scoring position, 2 out: Lowrie; Bailey; Van Every, J 2.
Team LOB: 10.

FIELDING
E: Lowrie (1, throw).
Outfield assists: Reddick (Rodriguez, I at 3rd base).
DP: (Lugo-Green, N-Carter).

Southstander RSM
03-06-2009, 11:17 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boston 5, Florida 3

Reddick, RF 5 0 3 0 0 1 0 .455
Lugo, SS 3 1 2 0 0 0 0 .417
Diaz, SS 2 0 0 0 0 2 1 .000
Varitek, C 4 0 0 0 0 0 4 .100
Wagner, C 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .500
Drew, DH 2 0 1 0 1 0 0 .429
1-Carter, PR-DH 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 .385
Bailey, 1B 3 0 1 2 0 0 2 .462
2-Anderson, PR-1B 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 .091
Lowrie, 3B 3 1 2 1 0 0 1 .385
3-Velazquez, PR-3B 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 .200
Daeges, LF 2 1 1 2 2 1 1 .400
Ambres, CF 4 0 0 0 0 0 3 .133
Ochoa, 2B 4 0 0 0 0 0 2 .167
Totals 35 5 10 5 3 4 15

1-Ran for Drew in the 5th. 2-Ran for Bailey in the 5th. 3-Ran for Lowrie in the 5th.

BATTING
2B: Bailey (1, Tankersley), Lowrie (2, Tankersley).
HR: Daeges (1, 2nd inning off Volstad, 1 on, 0 out).
TB: Reddick 3; Lugo 2; Drew; Bailey 2; Lowrie 3; Daeges 4.
RBI: Daeges 2 (3), Bailey 2 (6), Lowrie (3).
Runners left in scoring position, 2 out: Bailey; Varitek; Daeges; Ochoa; Carter.
Team LOB: 9.

BASERUNNING
CS: Reddick (2, 2nd base by Meyer/Baker).

FIELDING
DP: (Diaz-Ochoa-Anderson).

Boston IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
Beckett 3.0 3 0 0 0 2 0 0.00
Saito (H, 3) 1.0 0 0 0 1 2 0 0.00
Okajima (BS, 1)(W, 1-0) 1.0 2 2 2 1 1 1 4.50
Delcarmen (H, 1) 1.0 3 0 0 0 3 0 0.00
Ramirez, R (H, 1) 1.0 2 1 1 0 0 0 9.00
Mills (S, 1) 2.0 0 0 0 0 2 0 3.60

Southstander RSM
03-07-2009, 08:43 PM
Tampa Bay 15, Boston 7

Ellsbury, CF 3 1 1 0 0 0 1 .267
Van Every, J, CF 2 1 1 2 0 1 3 .182
Lowrie, 3B 3 0 1 1 0 1 0 .375
Velazquez, 3B 2 0 1 1 0 0 2 .250
Carter, 1B 3 0 1 0 0 1 1 .375
Anderson, 1B 1 0 0 0 0 1 2 .083
Wilkerson, RF 3 0 0 0 0 2 1 .167
Ambres, RF 2 0 0 0 0 1 2 .118
Bailey, LF 4 1 2 0 0 1 2 .471
Daeges, LF 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 .500
McAnulty, DH 4 1 0 0 1 0 3 .222
Bard, J, C 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 .167
Kottaras, G, C 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 .333
Green, N, 2B 3 1 1 0 0 0 2 .500
Diaz, SS 4 0 1 1 0 1 1 .077
Totals 38 7 11 7 3 10 21

BATTING
2B: Bailey 2 (3, Shields, Balfour), Daeges (1, Cormier).
3B: Ellsbury (1, Hammel).
HR: Kottaras, G (1, 7th inning off Hammel, 0 on, 0 out), Van Every, J (1, 7th inning off Hammel, 1 on, 1 out).
TB: Ellsbury 3; Van Every, J 4; Lowrie; Velazquez; Carter; Bailey 4; Daeges 2; Kottaras, G 4; Green, N; Diaz.
RBI: Bard, J (1), Lowrie (4), Kottaras, G (2), Van Every, J 2 (3), Diaz (1), Velazquez (2).
Runners left in scoring position, 2 out: Green, N; Bailey; Anderson; Kottaras, G.
GIDP: Ellsbury.

FIELDING
E: Bailey (1, fielding), Lowrie (2, throw), Diaz 2 (4, fielding, fielding), Green, N (1, fielding), Velazquez (1, fielding).
DP: (Green, N-Diaz-Anderson).

Southstander RSM
03-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Lowell to DH vs. O's on Tuesday

Vet expected to play third vs. Yanks; Penny set for throwing session
By Ian Browne / MLB.com

PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. -- Mike Lowell will take a significant step on Tuesday, when he is expected to make his exhibition debut as the designated hitter in the Red Sox's home game against the Orioles.

For Lowell, it will mark his first game of any kind since Game 3 of Boston's American League Division Series, when he had to shut it down because of ongoing right hip woes. Lowell had surgery on Oct. 20 to repair a torn labrum, and weeks of rehab will pay off when he finally steps back into the batter's box against an opposing pitcher.

If things go as expected, Lowell will start at third base on Friday night against the Yankees.

"If things go according to plan, he will get a couple of at-bats on the 10th as the DH," said Red Sox manager Terry Francona. "I kind of reserve the right to change this. But then we have a night game, three days later, maybe he'll play third base then. That's what he's shooting for. Our medical people don't seem to have a problem with it."

In other injury related news, right-hander Brad Penny will throw a 35-pitch side session before Sunday's game. No date has been set for Penny's exhibition debut.

Francona isn't sure if outfielder Rocco Baldelli will return to the lineup on Sunday. The right-handed hitter has been experiencing some stiffness in his groin.

"I really didn't want to push that," Francona said. "And I haven't talked to him yet this morning. It's been the last couple of days. It wasn't real bad early. I just kind of thought it made sense to stay away until he's not feeling it. I know there's times during the season where everybody feels it. I just don't think [playing through] it down here makes a lot of sense."

Southstander RSM
03-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Boston 8, Tampa Bay 2

Lugo, SS 3 0 3 2 1 0 0 .533
Diaz, SS 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 .071
Baldelli, DH 3 1 0 0 0 1 3 .200
a-Kottaras, G, PH-DH 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 .286
Varitek, C 4 0 1 0 0 1 1 .143
Maldonado, C, C 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 .250
Drew, RF 2 0 0 0 1 1 0 .333
Reddick, RF 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 .417
Anderson, 1B 3 1 1 1 1 0 0 .133
Daeges, LF 4 1 1 2 0 3 3 .400
Van Every, J, CF 3 1 1 1 1 0 0 .214
Green, N, 3B 3 2 2 1 0 0 1 .526
Velazquez, 3B 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 .231
Ochoa, 2B 4 2 2 1 0 2 1 .227
Totals 34 8 11 8 4 8 9

a-Hit by pitch for Baldelli in the 5th.

BATTING
2B: Lugo 2 (2, Davis, Medlock), Green, N (2, Davis).
HR: Green, N (1, 2nd inning off Davis, 0 on, 1 out), Daeges (2, 3rd inning off Davis, 1 on, 1 out), Van Every, J (2, 7th inning off Orvella, 0 on, 1 out).
TB: Lugo 5; Varitek; Anderson; Daeges 4; Van Every, J 4; Green, N 6; Ochoa 2.
RBI: Anderson (1), Green, N (4), Lugo 2 (3), Daeges 2 (5), Ochoa (3), Van Every, J (4).
2-out RBI: Anderson; Ochoa; Lugo.
Runners left in scoring position, 2 out: Daeges; Baldelli.
Team LOB: 7.

FIELDING
DP: (Varitek-Velazquez).

Masterson (W, 1-0) 3.0 1 0 0 0 3 0 0.00
Papelbon 1.0 2 0 0 0 3 0 0.00
Bard, D 1.0 0 0 0 0 3 0 0.00
Tazawa 2.0 2 1 1 0 4 0 3.00
Bowden 1.0 1 1 1 1 1 0 16.88
Jones, H 1.0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0.00

Kapaibro
03-10-2009, 01:18 AM
Just for South

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/3/6/128808375677633516.jpg

Southstander RSM
03-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Thanks Kap.

Man I am so very upset that Pedroia got hurt in this worthless WBC.

elsid13
03-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Thanks Kap.

It alright he will be healthy soon, and I rather have him "hurt" now then in October.

Southstander RSM
03-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Good point. In ohter news.

Lester signs a long term deal to stay in Boston.

elsid13
03-15-2009, 06:40 PM
Good point. In ohter news.

Lester signs a long term deal to stay in Boston.

Great signing. I very very excited about the pitching staff this season. Hopefully Papi and Lowell are healthy.

Southstander RSM
03-15-2009, 08:33 PM
And Becks, returns to form.

Kapaibro
03-17-2009, 12:08 AM
Thanks Kap.

At least he got to go.

Hawpe got spiked in Spring Training and never even got to go.

Ianetta hasn't done too bad there.

Southstander RSM
03-21-2009, 12:23 PM
True, Chris has done very well, for himself and the Rocks.

Speaking of injuires, now Youk is hurt.

Southstander RSM
03-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Sox win in rain shortened game over the Marlins 4-3.

Southstander RSM
03-23-2009, 02:33 PM
Curt Schilling Retires.

Thanks for all you have done Schill!!!

Southstander RSM
04-07-2009, 09:55 PM
SOX WIN!!!! Pedrioa and Tek each homer!!!

Southstander RSM
04-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Tampa Bay 7, Boston 2

Ellsbury, CF 5 0 1 0 0 0 0 .111
Pedroia, 2B 4 1 1 0 1 1 1 .286
Ortiz, DH 3 1 1 0 1 1 1 .333
Youkilis, 1B 4 0 3 1 0 1 2 .625
Baldelli, RF 4 0 1 0 0 2 4 .250
Bay, LF 4 0 1 1 0 1 2 .286
Lowell, 3B 3 0 0 0 0 0 2 .143
Lowrie, SS 3 0 0 0 1 2 3 .143
Varitek, C 4 0 0 0 0 0 1 .125
Totals 34 2 8 2 3 8 16

BATTING
2B: Pedroia (1, Kazmir), Bay (1, Howell).
TB: Ellsbury; Pedroia 2; Ortiz; Youkilis 3; Baldelli; Bay 2.
RBI: Youkilis (1), Bay (2).
2-out RBI: Youkilis; Bay.
Runners left in scoring position, 2 out: Baldelli; Lowell; Lowrie 2.
Team RISP: 2-for-9.

FIELDING
E: Youkilis (1, throw).
Outfield assists: Ellsbury (Kapler at 3rd base).
DP: 2 (Lowrie-Pedroia-Youkilis 2).

Lester (L, 0-1) 5.0 8 5 5 2 5 1 9.00
Delcarmen 1.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.00
Ramirez, R 1.0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0.00
Saito 1.0 1 1 1 0 0 1 9.00
Lopez, J 1.0 4 1 1 0 0 0 9.00