PDA

View Full Version : when does the nike gear arrive?

TimBuff10
01-19-2012, 03:43 AM
Rumor is that Nike is taking over for Reebok for Broncos gear. When can I expect to see it in the stores?

Tned
01-19-2012, 07:53 AM
Rumor is that Nike is taking over for Reebok for Broncos gear. When can I expect to see it in the stores?

I haven't heard a date. Now, while on the one hand a Nike rep made a comment about how they were going to do some exciting stuff (or something like that), most seem to believe that for most teams, there will no change from the Reebok to Nike unis next year, other than the brand/tag on the uniform.

Here's an ESPN piece on the subject. I'll also reach out to a few people and if I hear anything, will let you know.

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/6937142/uni-watch-ponders-nike-future-nfl-jersey-design

MileHighCrew
01-19-2012, 08:07 AM
Before the draft I would assume as the new draft caps would be made by Nike this year... I think

MOtorboat
01-19-2012, 08:16 AM
This is from September, but Paul Lukas is typically the authority on uniforms and uniform changes. He writes occassionally for Page 2, but has his own site as well.

(You'll have to scroll past some stuff to get to the full part about the new uniforms)

Looking Ahead to Next Season

Many fans are taking it as a given -- some with dread, some with glee -- that Nike will give the NFL a wholesale makeover when it takes over the league's uniform contract in 2012. Speculations on what a Nike-fied NFL might look like, cooked up by some enterprising Photoshoppers, have been circulating for nearly a year now. Although the league and Nike confirmed that those designs are not legit, they still represent some people's worst fears (or fondest dreams, depending on whether you're an old-school or new-school kind of fan).

Uni Watch's position is that all this fretting and fantasizing is largely moot, because the NFL is likely to look pretty much the same next year as it does now. Here's why:

• It's a long way from the NCAA to the NFL. People's perceptions of Nike, whether positive or negative, are driven primarily by the company's college football uniform designs. But the NFL is very different from the NCAA. For one thing, colleges are using newfangled uni designs as recruiting tools to attract 17-year-olds and to sell merch to 20-year-olds. But the NFL doesn't need to recruit anyone (players play for the team that drafts them), and the league's consumer base is, on the whole, older and less trend-driven than the NCAA's. Also, many top colleges change their uniforms every season, while NFL teams aren't even allowed to change their uniforms more than once every five years, so there's a lot more design stability in the pro ranks.

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/6937142/uni-watch-ponders-nike-future-nfl-jersey-design

Here's the link to his regular site:

http://www.uni-watch.com/

MasterShake
01-19-2012, 09:28 AM
Before the draft I would assume as the new draft caps would be made by Nike this year... I think

My friend was looking for an Orange Von Miller jersey about a month ago and couldn't find anything but the screen printed ones (he wants a premier or authentic and not a chinese rip off one). He asked one of the managers at the Team Store at Mile High and he said that the jerseys were out of stock, and they couldn't order any until about April or May when Nike starts shipping them out. I haven't found anything to back up that statement, though.

MileHighCrew
01-19-2012, 09:34 AM
My friend was looking for an Orange Von Miller jersey about a month ago and couldn't find anything but the screen printed ones (he wants a premier or authentic and not a chinese rip off one). He asked one of the managers at the Team Store at Mile High and he said that the jerseys were out of stock, and they couldn't order any until about April or May when Nike starts shipping them out. I haven't found anything to back up that statement, though.

That would make sense for the timeline.

iLands
01-19-2012, 10:15 AM
I can't wait.

Everything about this offseason is going to be awesome.

MasterShake
01-19-2012, 10:16 AM
I can't wait.

Everything about this offseason is going to be awesome.

Yeah, I'm gonna get a custom orange jersey since they are switching but I am going to wait for the new Nike ones. Can't wait for next season already! I bought a blue one a few years ago and I love it.

BroncoJoe
01-19-2012, 10:46 AM

There was an article in the Post a few weeks ago talking about this - they can't order any new jersey's because Rebook stopped making them, and the Nike contract doesn't kick in for a few months.

MileHighCrew
01-19-2012, 10:47 AM
I need some updated jerseys. I have a Champ Orange one still, but I have a Marshall and a Cutler that I haven't worn in a couple years :) I have some old Portis and Mike Anderson and Elway that are retro enough to wear, but I'd love to get a Von and maybe a DT as well.

wayninja
01-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Is it a coincidence that I'm seeing a Nike Banner add below the OP's post?

Tned
01-19-2012, 11:30 AM

I reached out to the Broncos and confirmed a few things that have popped up in various threads and on Twitter.

Next year's jersey will be the current alternate that the Broncos wore twice this year.

There will be no orange pants.

There will be no design change of any kind (at least with the Broncos) with the change to Nike.

iLands
01-19-2012, 11:54 AM
TNED:

Thanks so much!

Absolutely clutch.

If I understand correctly, does that mean that the current orange alternate will be the home jersey?

If so, what happens to the home blue?

Please, be away. Please, be away!

:D

P.S. Thanks for everyone for being so awesome and welcoming to me so far. Love you guys and love my Broncos.

Tned
01-19-2012, 12:03 PM
TNED:

Thanks so much!

Absolutely clutch.

If I understand correctly, does that mean that the current orange alternate will be the home jersey?

If so, what happens to the home blue?

Please, be away. Please, be away!

P.S. Thanks for everyone for being so awesome and welcoming to me so far. Love you guys and love my Broncos.

The current blue uniforms will be the home alternate that can be used "up to" twice a year. They may choose to not use it at all, or use another alternate, like a throw back. The away uniform will still be the white jersey.

Basically, they are just switching the orange and blue, as to which is primary and which is alternate home jersey.

NightTerror218
01-19-2012, 12:05 PM
speaking of jersey, I am still looking for an Atwater one

Tned
01-19-2012, 12:07 PM

Woooo Pig Sooie!!!

MasterShake
01-19-2012, 12:09 PM
The Premier Jerseys (in between quality of Replica at $70 and Authentic at $300) can be customized. This site is a little pricey, but you can go to a fans edge at the mall and order one for about $110 which is great for the quality: http://www.custom-made-jerseys.com/Custom-Broncos-Jersey-Premier-Eqt-Orange-Alternate-Free-Shipping-sale-273.html

Just put Atwaters name and number on there. I know a lot of people advocate for the cheap ones on Ebay (the ones made in Korea) but they fall apart when you wash them. This is a good deal for the money IMO.

CoachChaz
01-19-2012, 12:12 PM
There are a few companies in China that produce very good replicas. I actually got an Atwater one from one of them a year ago. I washed it a few times and it's fine. Gentle cycle, hang to dry.

Paid $30 for it and you couldnt tell the difference. Same place does customized jerseys for $65

Dapper Dan
01-19-2012, 12:13 PM
I went to a Reebok outlet a few weeks ago and all of the NFL stuff was cheap. I got gloves for $6 and an Elway orange replica jersey for $20.

MasterShake
01-19-2012, 12:14 PM
There are a few companies in China that produce very good replicas. I actually got an Atwater one from one of them a year ago. I washed it a few times and it's fine. Gentle cycle, hang to dry.

Paid $30 for it and you couldnt tell the difference. Same place does customized jerseys for $65

I think the $65 custom jerseys are the screen print ones that are decent. The qualityof the China ones are hit and miss, I've heard a few people that love them.

CoachChaz
01-19-2012, 12:16 PM
I think the $65 custom jerseys are the screen print ones that are decent. The qualityof the China ones are hit and miss, I've heard a few people that love them.

No...the $65 custom ones are stitched as well. I got an Orioles jersey with my name on it. baseball and football are the same price. Paid $80 for a custom Dallas Stars jersey for my wife.

GEM
01-19-2012, 12:20 PM
Oh man.....I wish they would do the throwbacks once a year. With the freaking bad ass helmets!!!

dogfish
01-19-2012, 01:33 PM
I reached out to the Broncos and confirmed a few things that have popped up in various threads and on Twitter.

Next year's jersey will be the current alternate that the Broncos wore twice this year.

There will be no design change of any kind (at least with the Broncos) with the change to Nike.

**** YESSS!!

absolutely loving all three of those things. . .

can you please reach out to them again and let 'em know they need to get bunk re-signed and go after a legit corner in free agency?

do you have a link to the place?

BroncoNut
01-19-2012, 01:35 PM

i got one for my bday last year. You can't have it. Iwill see if I can find the site I got it from. Moe told me that they dont' make them anymore, but he was drunk. I'll check into this Philde

MOtorboat
01-19-2012, 01:44 PM
i got one for my bday last year. You can't have it. Iwill see if I can find the site I got it from. Moe told me that they dont' make them anymore, but he was drunk. I'll check into this Philde

Yours is the "throwback" they wore in the 90s with the orange helmets and the cartoon horse. I'm not sure he wants that jersey...and no, they don't make it anymore, unless you can find a knock off.

BroncoNut
01-19-2012, 02:13 PM
Yours is the "throwback" they wore in the 90s with the orange helmets and the cartoon horse. I'm not sure he wants that jersey...and no, they don't make it anymore, unless you can find a knock off.

oh..

dogfish
01-19-2012, 02:40 PM
when does the nike gear arrive?

when the little chinese kids are done with it, of course. . . .

BroncoNut
01-19-2012, 02:42 PM

innappropriate and post reported.

Zweems56
01-19-2012, 02:43 PM
Woooo Pig Sooie!!!

Can you clarify the pronounciation of "Sooie?" I've always imagined that it sounds very much like a pig squealing. Kinda like: SUHWEEEEE!

MOtorboat
01-19-2012, 02:45 PM

I thought Nike was made in the Phillipines. Maybe Tebow can check on that.

BroncoNut
01-19-2012, 02:50 PM
I thought Nike was made in the Phillipines. Maybe Tebow can check on that.
oh becuase Tebow did some charity over there and in fact was born there? Not funny

MOtorboat
01-19-2012, 02:51 PM
Can you clarify the pronounciation of "Sooie?" I've always imagined that it sounds very much like a pig squealing. Kinda like: SUHWEEEEE!

You're a genius, zweems. People who root for a college with a pig mascot try to mimmick pigs with their school chant.

Zweems56
01-19-2012, 02:54 PM
You're a genius, zweems. People who root for a college with a pig mascot try to mimmick pigs with their school chant.

If I may defend myself here, midget, I just watched a video, and they pronounce it (quite literally exactly as it's spelled, might I add) S-OOH-IE. That sounds absolutely nothing like a pig.

Zweems56
01-19-2012, 02:58 PM

Also, who in their right mind would squeal like a pig in support of their team? My lord, is that degrading.

Tned
01-19-2012, 03:58 PM

A video paints a thousand (or 60,000) Sooie's. My sound is messed up here, but I think I've watched this one before and it sounds good.

oyY8oUXaTio

Zweems56
01-19-2012, 04:03 PM
A video paints a thousand (or 60,000) Sooie's. My sound is messed up here, but I think I've watched this one before and it sounds good.

oyY8oUXaTio

Yeah. I just don't get the whole "soohey" noise they make. Sounds nothing like a pig.

Tned
01-19-2012, 04:07 PM
If I may defend myself here, midget, I just watched a video, and they pronounce it (quite literally exactly as it's spelled, might I add) S-OOH-IE. That sounds absolutely nothing like a pig.

Traditionally, pig farmers call their pigs with a suey or su-eeee type call. Not sure why. Not sure if it's supposed to sound like a pig or what, but that's the traditional use, which then eventually made it's way to the Razorback fans.

Tned
01-19-2012, 04:08 PM
**** YESSS!!

absolutely loving all three of those things. . .

can you please reach out to them again and let 'em know they need to get bunk re-signed and go after a legit corner in free agency?

lol, in my occasional conversations with some of the Broncos front office, I try to avoid making suggestions on how they should run their team. ;)

Zweems56
01-19-2012, 04:10 PM
Traditionally, pig farmers call their pigs with a suey or su-eeee type call. Not sure why. Not sure if it's supposed to sound like a pig or what, but that's the traditional use, which then eventually made it's way to the Razorback fans.

I could understand Su-EEEE. That at least sounds reasonable

dogfish
01-19-2012, 04:53 PM
zweems, you're really struggling with this, aren't you?

:laugh:

Tned
01-19-2012, 05:04 PM

He's just one of many that are envious of life in Arkansas.

dogfish
01-19-2012, 05:06 PM
He's just one of many that are envious of life in Arkansas.

one of my friends actually just posted on his facebook page that he's moving to arkansas-- can't for the life of me figure out what he's thinking. . . ;)

Tned
01-19-2012, 05:10 PM
one of my friends actually just posted on his facebook page that he's moving to arkansas-- can't for the life of me figure out what he's thinking. . . ;)

Hey, down here, it's still ok to beat your wife and love your dog..... Hmmm, or do I have that backwards...

NightTerror218
01-19-2012, 05:14 PM
The Premier Jerseys (in between quality of Replica at $70 and Authentic at $300) can be customized. This site is a little pricey, but you can go to a fans edge at the mall and order one for about $110 which is great for the quality: http://www.custom-made-jerseys.com/Custom-Broncos-Jersey-Premier-Eqt-Orange-Alternate-Free-Shipping-sale-273.html

Just put Atwaters name and number on there. I know a lot of people advocate for the cheap ones on Ebay (the ones made in Korea) but they fall apart when you wash them. This is a good deal for the money IMO.

thanks......since I just got a Miller jersey for christmas i am going to talk the wife into letting me get another :D

Zweems56
01-19-2012, 06:26 PM

It seems illogical. :D

dogfish
01-19-2012, 07:31 PM
It seems illogical. :D

JMO, but i think living in arkansas in general seems illogical. . . although T's complaints about ninety degrees at 9PM do make it sound kinda appealing, i guess. . .

Tned
01-19-2012, 09:51 PM
JMO, but i think living in arkansas in general seems illogical. . . although T's complaints about ninety degrees at 9PM do make it sound kinda appealing, i guess. . .

That only happens 2-3 months a year. Not like it's a year round thing. It's 45* at 9PM (almost) tonight.

dogfish
01-19-2012, 09:58 PM
That only happens 2-3 months a year. Not like it's a year round thing. It's 45* at 9PM (almost) tonight.

i'd hate it for two or three days a year. . . :lol:

i bet you guys get big ass roaches and tons of mosquitoes, too. . .

Dapper Dan
01-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Nike uniforms...
...Arkansas.

It's safe to say some folks have ADD.

Tned
01-19-2012, 10:05 PM
i'd hate it for two or three days a year. . . :lol:

i bet you guys get big ass roaches and tons of mosquitoes, too. . .

I think it would be more accurate to say big ass mosquitoes and a ton of roaches, but I don't want to quibble over details...

You didn't mention ants, snakes and my personal favorite, spiders (gotta love the black widows and brown recluses).

Now, more importantly, we keep our towns nice and civil by not allowing the sale of alcohol, the devil's juice...

Timmy!
01-20-2012, 08:00 AM
I think it would be more accurate to say big ass mosquitoes and a ton of roaches, but I don't want to quibble over details...

You didn't mention ants, snakes and my personal favorite, spiders (gotta love the black widows and brown recluses).

Now, more importantly, we keep our towns nice and civil by not allowing the sale of alcohol, the devil's juice...

So, Arkansas: hell on earth. Noted.

Tned
01-20-2012, 08:18 AM
So, Arkansas: hell on earth. Noted.

Nahhh, garden of civilization....

Wooooo....

Piggggg....

Sooieeeee!!!!

TimBuff10
01-21-2012, 02:06 AM
So does anyone know when Nike Broncos Tshirts and Hoodies will be appearing in Sports Authorities and similar stores around town?

Poet
01-21-2012, 12:15 PM

That is true. The guy that owns a Pro Image in the mall that I work out told me the same thing. It really hurt the business of some places because Rebook didn't want to make more than they could sell and get stuck with old jerseys. I've tried to find a premier Dalton/Green/Rodgers jersey to no avail.

The jersey changes should be welcomed. Like the article Mo posted said, the changes cannot occur that often and Nike makes better products across the board.

The biggest changes to NFL apparel is hats. New Era, the same company that makes the MLB's hats will be making most of their hats. A lot of people dread that because New Era's main hat style, the 59fifty is a true-fitted hat and they don't want to look like frat boy or 'gangsta'.

dogfish
01-23-2012, 08:40 PM
The biggest changes to NFL apparel is hats. New Era, the same company that makes the MLB's hats will be making most of their hats. A lot of people dread that because New Era's main hat style, the 59fifty is a true-fitted hat and they don't want to look like frat boy or 'gangsta'.

people should dread it-- wearing one of those hats is like painting "i should be curb-stomped" on your forehead. . .

iLands
01-23-2012, 08:50 PM
people should dread it-- wearing one of those hats is like painting "i should be curb-stomped" on your forehead. . .

Death sentence over a hat - seems logical.

dogfish
01-23-2012, 08:59 PM
Death sentence over a hat - seems logical.

let's not be dramatic-- curb-stomping is rarely fatal. . .

wayninja
01-23-2012, 09:50 PM
let's not be dramatic-- curb-stomping is rarely fatal. . .

It is if king does it. Assuming he can lift his fat ass leg that high.

Tned
01-23-2012, 09:55 PM
P.S. For those that missed it, because there is a lot of misconceptions about the Broncos uniforms changing in 2012...

Lancane
01-24-2012, 11:43 AM
So what your saying is the Broncos got screwed on this deal! Go figure...

:lol:

Lancane
01-24-2012, 11:48 AM
Nahhh, garden of civilization....

Wooooo....

Piggggg....

Sooieeeee!!!!

I thought it was more

"Oh, cousinnnn Billy-Bob"

"Oh, cousinnnn Judy-Anne"

"Sooooieeeee"

:shocked:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself! :lol:

SOCALORADO.
01-24-2012, 11:56 AM
P.S. For those that missed it, because there is a lot of misconceptions about the Broncos uniforms changing in 2012...

So the swoosh on the leg stays? that sucks. I was ready for some stripes or just a different design there.

wayninja
01-24-2012, 11:57 AM
So what your saying is the Broncos got screwed on this deal! Go figure...

:lol:

Why do you say that?

Tned
01-24-2012, 12:02 PM
So the swoosh on the leg stays? that sucks. I was ready for some stripes or just a different design there.

What I'm told is that there will be NO design change to the uniforms in 2012. Obviously, the sideline gear will be changed up like it is most years, but the uniforms are supposed to be the same as 2012 with the exception of the manufacturer's name on the tag.

I imagine that Nike could change the material up, or as someone pointed out, maybe change the font used on the lettering, but in terms of overall uniform look, the word out of the Broncos is no change from '11 to '12.

Lancane
01-24-2012, 12:03 PM
Why do you say that?

It was a joke Nin, because T said that there would be none or if only minor changes for the Broncos.

;)

SOCALORADO.
01-24-2012, 12:04 PM
What I'm told is that there will be NO design change to the uniforms in 2012. Obviously, the sideline gear will be changed up like it is most years, but the uniforms are supposed to be the same as 2012 with the exception of the manufacturer's name on the tag.

I imagine that Nike could change the material up, or as someone pointed out, maybe change the font used on the lettering, but in terms of overall uniform look, the word out of the Broncos is no change from '11 to '12.

So, no change to the uni. Sucks.
Dennis Allen is leaving for Chokeland. Sucks
Wow, my Tues just got flushed down the toilet.

Tned
01-24-2012, 12:08 PM

Well, you will get to see the nuclear orange jerseys at least 8 times (including preseason) next year...

Lancane
01-24-2012, 12:08 PM

I admit I was hoping for a new look with the Nike change as well, but at least we're not going to be adopting some ugly style either which would have sucked worse.

The Allen thing, if he does go to Oakland would suck, I was hoping he'd stick for awhile and I hoped we'd lose McCoy. But it's not written in stone that Allen is headed to Oakland.

So don't be so quick to start the flushing...just yet.

Tned
01-24-2012, 03:58 PM
Lindsay Jones just sent this out:

RT @PostBroncos: @ProFootballTalk Broncos had examples of the new Nike jerseys at the facility a month or two ago to show players. Guys told me they look the same, just the material is different.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-01-2012, 05:00 PM
I sent an email to Nike as to when the new Nike NFL gear will be available. Here is response I received:

"I'm glad to hear you're interested in Nike NFL gear! I'm happy to assist.

The Nike NFL contract will begin this year in April 2012. We do not have any pre-launch images or launch dates available at this point, though you can keep up with @NikeStore and @usnikefootball on Twitter for the latest updates and developments with Nike releasing NFL gear.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Mark
Nike.com"