PDA

View Full Version : Champ Bailey - "Tebow has to learn to throw from the Pocket".

Lancane
01-19-2012, 01:59 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/18/champ-bailey-tim-tebow-has-to-learn-to-throw-from-the-pocket/

Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey says he’s behind Tim Tebow as the franchise’s quarterback of the future. But Bailey says Tebow has to prove that he can be a consistently accurate pocket passer before he removes any doubt about his long-term success as an NFL quarterback.

bcbronc
01-19-2012, 02:36 AM
Coming from Champ, who's always got something good to say about everyone, that can be taken as harsh criticism. :lol:

Dapper Dan
01-19-2012, 02:43 AM
“He’s proven he can win some tough games. Now it’s just being consistent. One thing about him, he’s going to work at it. And I’m behind him 100 percent.”

dogfish
01-19-2012, 02:45 AM
in other fascinating news, water is still wet and dirt is still dirty. . .

mJH2lItIbiA&feature=player_embedded

Lancane
01-19-2012, 03:51 AM
in other fascinating news, water is still wet and dirt is still dirty. . .

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Lancane
01-19-2012, 03:58 AM
Coming from Champ, who's always got something good to say about everyone, that can be taken as harsh criticism. :lol:

Not sure I'd call it harsh criticism as much as simply being honest, and he's repeating a lot of that which Elway and others have stated thus far, that Tebow has to become more of a pocket passer to succeed and likewise more consistent. He's got the support system, the players, coaching staff and front office support him, now he's just got to make it happen.

FanInAZ
01-19-2012, 04:17 AM
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

What he's saying is this is old news that everyone has already figured out.

Lancane
01-19-2012, 06:47 AM
What he's saying is this is old news that everyone has already figured out.

Everyone? :confused:

There is a whole fan club on here who strangely believes otherwise...so everyone is only one group!

;)

claymore
01-19-2012, 07:55 AM
And this is why Tebow wont be our QB in 2 years...

Tned
01-19-2012, 07:56 AM

And, 97% of all murders happen within 2 weeks of a full moon...

MileHighCrew
01-19-2012, 08:00 AM

If this team takes a step backwards next year or they don't win those close, shouldn't win games, I think you are right.

MileHighCrew
01-19-2012, 08:01 AM
And, 97% of all murders happen within 2 weeks of a full moon...

That is only because gang bangers have poor aim in low light.

chazoe60
01-19-2012, 08:06 AM
Besides the occaisional whack-job I haven't seen anyone on here say Tebow doesn't need to improve his passing.

Where are the legions of people claiming Tebow is this amazing finished product? All I hear on sports radio, newspapers, or from people I talk to is either "Tebow sucks" or "Tebow needs to get better at passing but if he does, watch the eff out!". Neither of those sentiments is anything close to "Tebow is an awesome finished product".

claymore
01-19-2012, 08:06 AM
If this team takes a step backwards next year or they don't win those close, shouldn't win games, I think you are right.

I think he will benefit early on in the season again because no one knows what kind of offense we will show up with. Especially if McCoy leaves.

Mid to late season is where we will see the collapse (if it happens).

MileHighCrew
01-19-2012, 08:10 AM
I think he will benefit early on in the season again because no one knows what kind of offense we will show up with. Especially if McCoy leaves.

Mid to late season is where we will see the collapse (if it happens).

The Broncos start fast that is their MO, but even if McCoy leaves teams are going to prepare with the same sort of D that the Broncos struggled against late this season. Shut down the running lanes, play a safety deep to protect the long pass and make Tebow throw accurate medium passes.
If he doesn't get better, the Broncos lose. Or the D is awesome.

skins_fan82
01-19-2012, 09:20 AM
As a captain of the team, he can say stuff like that because it probably reflects the opinion of the entire team.

However, Champ is just stating the obvious here. The entire western hemisphere knows that Tim needs to throw the ball better LOL. I mean, there's nothing wrong with Champ saying it, but it didn't NEED to be said....did it? Statements like this from a team captain just give the ESPN and NFL network haters more ammo to hate.

I'm sure Timmy knows he needs to work hard this off-season and get his throwing motion/mechanics up to par.

wayninja
01-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Champ needs to learn how to catch stuff he gets in front of in the endzone before he'll be considered a top NFL CB.

I'm kidding! Put down the pitchforks!

jhns
01-19-2012, 11:18 AM
Where did the quote in the thread title come from?

wayninja
01-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Where did the quote in the thread title come from?

It doesn't look like a quote, it looks like the headline of the article. It probably shouldn't be in quotes. At best it's a paraphrasing.

SOCALORADO.
01-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Everyone and their mother knows Timmy needs alot of work.
Now let him get to work, and we'll see.

TXBRONC
01-19-2012, 11:27 AM
The Broncos start fast that is their MO, but even if McCoy leaves teams are going to prepare with the same sort of D that the Broncos struggled against late this season. Shut down the running lanes, play a safety deep to protect the long pass and make Tebow throw accurate medium passes.
If he doesn't get better, the Broncos lose. Or the D is awesome.

And that's why Tebow wants to develop into a franchise quarterback he's got learn to make better use of his saftey valve receivers.

BORDERLINE
01-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Champ was just stating the obvious. He needs to get more consistent and I hope he does.

A whole offseason and Tebow should be the NFL MVP and SB MVP because nothing short of that would satisfy the naysayers.

Never mind you that great pocket passing Q.B's like Ryan and Stafford have not WON a playoff game. Tebow is different if he wants to keep his job or not get benched in the second half he has the chuck that pig skin well!!!!!! 316 passing yards is not enough against the #1 defense WE WANT MORE!!!!

Lancane
01-19-2012, 11:50 AM
As a captain of the team, he can say stuff like that because it probably reflects the opinion of the entire team.

However, Champ is just stating the obvious here. The entire western hemisphere knows that Tim needs to throw the ball better LOL. I mean, there's nothing wrong with Champ saying it, but it didn't NEED to be said....did it? Statements like this from a team captain just give the ESPN and NFL network haters more ammo to hate.

I'm sure Timmy knows he needs to work hard this off-season and get his throwing motion/mechanics up to par.

Despite what Elway proclaimed the other day, he did Tim no favors by telling the national media that "Tebow will be the starter going into camp", even though he did state they'd be adding quarterbacks via the draft and free agency there was no real pretense to a competition. All of this and the struggles Tebow has thus far had and all the talk of improvement, the kid is going to be under a fine microscope for some time to come. Should he look no better come camp and look to not have improved, the media will turn on the kid, on the coaching staff and even the front office.

SOCALORADO.
01-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Despite what Elway proclaimed the other day, he did Tim no favors by telling the national media that "Tebow will be the starter going into camp", even though he did state they'd be adding quarterbacks via the draft and free agency there was no real pretense to a competition. All of this and the struggles Tebow has thus far had and all the talk of improvement, the kid is going to be under a fine microscope for some time to come. Should he look no better come camp and look to not have improved, the media will turn on the kid, on the coaching staff and even the front office.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0168e5078222970c-800wi

Chef Zambini
01-19-2012, 12:03 PM
Besides the occaisional whack-job I haven't seen anyone on here say Tebow doesn't need to improve his passing.

Where are the legions of people claiming Tebow is this amazing finished product? All I hear on sports radio, newspapers, or from people I talk to is either "Tebow sucks" or "Tebow needs to get better at passing but if he does, watch the eff out!". Neither of those sentiments is anything close to "Tebow is an awesome finished product".the concern is pocket passer! It is what he is LEAST competent at, 'the whole READ DEFENSES part got glossed over, and staying in the pocket TAKES AWAY tebows greatest attribute , his ability to run !
So forcing TT to stay in the pocket is EXACTLY what all our opposing defenses WANT ! TEBOW will be WORSE next year, not better!
as for the CHAMP poroclimationm of 100% behind him, lets see how that works out if TT asks champ to come work with him this summer while he is in some third world country and needs somebody to run routes or plkay DB against some other 100% commited WR who is going to run routes for timmy !
TRADE TEBOW NOW whiule he still has value for a team like the JAGS !

GEM
01-19-2012, 12:07 PM

Ah shit....here you go with the pics again. Luck and Barkley aren't available so the subject of the pics just change. Maybe, just maybe those guys you keep posting.....will suck. Then what?

:D

Chef Zambini
01-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Champ was just stating the obvious. He needs to get more consistent and I hope he does.

A whole offseason and Tebow should be the NFL MVP and SB MVP because nothing short of that would satisfy the naysayers.

Never mind you that great pocket passing Q.B's like Ryan and Stafford have not WON a playoff game. Tebow is different if he wants to keep his job or not get benched in the second half he has the chuck that pig skin well!!!!!! 316 passing yards is not enough against the #1 defense WE WANT MORE!!!!you maintain we faced the #1 NFL defense when you referance the DEPLETED steelers with a retarded gameplan?
your view is myopic and you are obviously a zealot who cannot come to grips with reality.
Are you the little boy in the avatar or just hiding behind little boy emotions?
REALITY is that TEBOW must metamorphosis into something much different than what he has been his entire football life!
THAT would be a true miracle !

Chef Zambini
01-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Everyone and their mother knows Timmy needs alot of work.
Now let him get to work, and we'll see.no, trade his ass before the FAILED experiment and get a legitimate NFL QB to run our team !

GEM
01-19-2012, 12:12 PM
you maintain we faced the #1 NFL defense when you referance the DEPLETED steelers with a retarded gameplan?
your view is myopic and you are obviously a zealot who cannot come to grips with reality.
REALITY is that TEBOW must metamorphosis into something much different than what he has been his entire football life!

Sorry Zam....but you calling anyone else a zealot who cannot come to grips with reality just reeks of irony to me. :lol:

Chef Zambini
01-19-2012, 12:18 PM
TEBOW, stationary in the pocket.
yeh, there is a recipe for success.
the thing MOST tebow faithful love about his game, and the rest enjoy for sheer entertainment value, is now going to be removed, BY DESIGN, by his own team !
yep, thats just brilliant !
and after 15 years of playing football and doing it HIS WAY, and having his HS and college coaches ALTER their offenses to fit HIS skill set, I am sure TEBOW is going to make this dramatic change, that he has RESISTED his whole life in just one off season, which will of course be interupted by his commitment to his FAITH !
this is just an awesome plan!
My prediction now?
the broncos wont win 5 games with TEBOW as the starting QB in 2012!

GEM
01-19-2012, 12:24 PM
the thing MOST tebow faithful love about his game, and the rest enjoy for sheer entertainment value, is now going to be removed, BY DESIGN, by his own team !
and after 15 years of playing football and doing it HIS WAY, and having his HS and college coaches ALTER their offenses to fit HIS skill set, I am sure TEBOW is going to make this dramatic change, that he has RESISTED his whole life in just one off season, which will of course be interupted by his commitment to his FAITH !
My prediction now?

Elway just said in the season ending presser that Tebow is going to have to alter to the Broncos, they Broncos won't continue to alter to him.

People also said we'd be lucky to get to 5 wins this season. I'll wait for the players to play to try to make any decisions on the number of wins at the end of the season.

silkamilkamonico
01-19-2012, 12:24 PM
My favorite people are the Pro tebow group that claims "he can make all those throws".

99% of the QB's that ever try out for the NFL can make those throws. The ones that can't do it on a consistent basis don't make it.

I hope Tebow improves enough to a point where he can make those throws. I hope he trains like a QB this year and not a workout warrior. Trade the weights and sprints for throws, footwork, and movement and I think he will be fine.

Lancane
01-19-2012, 12:46 PM
My prediction now?

His way won't work in the NFL, it's been proven time and time again especially in the modern NFL with others from Steven Young to Michael Vick. Both of whom did much better 'once' properly coached in more traditional offensive systems and learning to play from the pocket. A lot of people said the same about Vick in Atlanta, don't change him and blah, blah, blah...he struggled and his team struggled for the most part.

TXBRONC
01-19-2012, 12:56 PM
His way won't work in the NFL, it's been proven time and time again especially in the modern NFL with others from Steven Young to Michael Vick. Both of whom did much better 'once' properly coached in more traditional offensive systems and learning to play from the pocket. A lot of people said the same about Vick in Atlanta, don't change him and blah, blah, blah...he struggled and his team struggled for the most part.

He knows he needs to get better and Elway and Fox know it that's reality. Whether or not Tebow becomes a better pocket passers remains to be seen but as I've said many times it wont be for a lack of effort.

Even though Tebow started 11 games it was doubtful his footwork would improve in the middle of a season there just isn't enough during the week when you have to prepare for a game. This offseason is the time for him to work on .

jlarsiii
01-19-2012, 12:58 PM

Never mind you that great pocket passing Q.B's like Ryan and Stafford have not WON a playoff game. Tebow is different if he wants to keep his job or not get benched in the second half he has the chuck that pig skin well!!!!!! 316 passing yards is not enough against the #1 defense WE WANT MORE!!!!

Love your delusional train of thought. Well, these passing QBs have not won a playoff game so take that!!!!

Come on man. If all these teams were IDENTICAL except for who was playing QB then using that type of logic would work, but they aren't so if fails miserably.

It is just as bad as using the results from one game, where even in that game he complete less than 50% of his throws against defensive coverage calls made to let him shine, to somehow cover for his awful passing performance throughout the entire season. It just doesn't work.

jlarsiii
01-19-2012, 01:02 PM

I don't see it the same way. The FO is trying to meet Tebow halfway, which is fair considering his deficiencies. It is Tebow's job to lose, and if he doesn't make the necessary improvements then that is all on him.

The scrutiny he will get is from all the tebow-mania that has been going on all year. Outside of the insane amount of national coverage, Tebow is under the same pressure as every other QB in the league so to me it is no different. Improve and keep your job, or don't and find a place on the bench...

NightTerror218
01-19-2012, 01:13 PM
I think this is common knowledge. Tebow knows this and so does the rest of the world. Tebow must improve in the pocket.

Bullgator
01-19-2012, 01:24 PM

Where are the legions of people claiming Tebow is this amazing finished product? All I hear on sports radio, newspapers, or from people I talk to is either "Tebow sucks" or "Tebow needs to get better at passing but if he does, watch the eff out!". Neither of those sentiments is anything close to "Tebow is an awesome finished product".

These morons are just pissed off that Tebow led them to a home playoff win against last years AFC champs instead of flopping to another 4-12 season like the haters predicted.

This is supposed to be your team. He is on your team. He lead your team to the best season since at least 2005.

YOU WERE WRONG! get the **** over it. He's a YOUNG player who is constantly improving and learning. Just shut the **** up and quit making yourselves look even more stupid if that's possible.

Chef Zambini
01-19-2012, 01:26 PM
These morons are just pissed off that Tebow led them to a home playoff win against last years AFC champs instead of flopping to another 4-12 season like the haters predicted.

This is supposed to be your team. He is on your team. He lead your team to the best season since at least 2005.

YOU WERE WRONG! get the **** over it. He's a YOUNG player who is constantly improving and learning. Just shut the **** up and quit making yourselves look even more stupid if that's possible.tebow stationary in the pocket, I can't hardly waIt.
more passing, less running from tim, yep, that will be an improved tebow for sure.

SOCALORADO.
01-19-2012, 01:33 PM

and Who properly coached and got the most out of Steve Young?

wayninja
01-19-2012, 01:36 PM
I love our fans. After winning a playoff game for the first time in 6 years, we have a boatload predicting a terrible season next year.

LMAO.

SOCALORADO.
01-19-2012, 01:39 PM
i think this is common knowledge. Tebow knows this and so does the rest of the world. Tebow must improve in the pocket.

period. End of story.

TXBRONC
01-19-2012, 01:41 PM
I don't see it the same way. The FO is trying to meet Tebow halfway, which is fair considering his deficiencies. It is Tebow's job to lose, and if he doesn't make the necessary improvements then that is all on him.

The scrutiny he will get is from all the tebow-mania that has been going on all year. Outside of the insane amount of national coverage, Tebow is under the same pressure as every other QB in the league so to me it is no different. Improve and keep your job, or don't and find a place on the bench...

That's exactly what I got of what Elway said "It's Tebow's job to lose."

Tebow asked what he thought of Elway's comment and he said something to to the effect it didn't bother him because you have to compete anyway.

VonMiller58
01-19-2012, 01:44 PM
There is two things that give me hope Tebow will improve:

1, John Elway has said time and time again he will work with Tebow's footwork through out the off season because he believes the release of the football from any quarterback relies on the footwork. He knows he can't change his throwing motion because that's been muscle memory since he was a little boy, so don't expect any change from that aspect of Tebow.

2, Tebow has shown to everyone his work ethic is not in question, and is willing to work hard, and will give everything he has to improve. I don't think he takes this situation lightly, and will want to relish this opportunity that he has been given to work with one of the best QB's in NFL history.

The only thing that concerns me is, will he want to stay in the pocket once it starts to collapse? Many of you have read the report about the injuries he sustained against New England. This is something we all expected from ANY QB who runs as much as Tebow, and was only a matter of time till he suffered some sort of injury. I also hope he makes better reads while in shot gun, he's left out too many wide open receivers which could have been game changers.

dogfish
01-19-2012, 01:45 PM

There is a whole fan club on here who strangely believes otherwise...so everyone is only one group!

;)

cane, anyone with two brains cells to rub together figured out a loooong time ago that tim needs to make some serious improvement as a pocket passer. . .

even the tebois know it in their hearts, even though you'll never get them to admit it. . . you're fighting a straw man-- battling air. . . ;)

and if there IS anyone out there who doesn't realize it, you aren't going to get through to them. . . john elway came out and said it months ago-- if people won't take it from him, they aren't gonna take it from champ. . .

dogfish
01-19-2012, 01:47 PM

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/461/2wclkpk.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/715/2wclkpk.png/)

:welcome:

SOCALORADO.
01-19-2012, 02:00 PM
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/461/2wclkpk.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/715/2wclkpk.png/)

:welcome:

Enjoy Osweiller or another QB being drafted. I dont know why so many of you cant get it through your thick skulls that DEN will draft a QB and they will sign a Vet QB as well.
Its not a knock on TT. Its simply being prudent and smart.
TT is the starting QB. I am glad for him.

wayninja
01-19-2012, 02:01 PM
Enjoy Osweiller or another QB being drafted. I dont know why so many of you cant get it through your thick skulls that DEN will draft a QB and they will sign a Vet QB as well.

But this doesn't make any sense. Why would they do that? Spencer Larsen can be his backup.

dogfish
01-19-2012, 02:10 PM

you mean we're going to carry more than one QB on the roster next year?

no ****in' shit?

:lol:

MOtorboat
01-19-2012, 02:12 PM
But this doesn't make any sense. Why would they do that? Spencer Larsen can be his backup.

Passing is overrated.

SOCALORADO.
01-19-2012, 02:12 PM

Hes a highly regarded FA!
Spence is due to make some serious coin this offseason!:D

In all seriousness, i am glad for TT. Hes the starter, and will be next season. Period.
DEN will simply sign a vet to be a back up, and draft a QB to develop as the
3rd stringer. Osweiller should be a 3rd round draft pick. Extremelly proto- typical pocket passer, with good mobility and a cannon. But hes also extremelly RAW.

SOCALORADO.
01-19-2012, 02:13 PM
you mean we're going to carry more than one QB on the roster next year?

no ****in' shit?

I swear! :D
And whats wrong with Osweiller as a develpmental QB?!?!

TXBRONC
01-19-2012, 02:23 PM

Not mobile enough.

chazoe60
01-19-2012, 02:26 PM
What I see is two camps, the camp that thinks Tebow can improve and be a good QB in the NFL, and the camp that thinks Tebow sucks, will always suck, and can never become a viable NFL starter.

It seems to me that the second camp is being the much more zealous and unreasonable group right now.

The "Tebow can" camp uses words like "hope", "think", "believe", and "maybe". While the "Tebow sucks" camp uses definites like "never", "can't", and "impossible".

Yes there are the goofs who think Tebow is already an elite QB, I'm glad the Tebow himself isn't in that group and I'm glad Elway isn't in the "Tebow sucks" camp.

weazel
01-19-2012, 02:32 PM
it's the O-Lines fault

TXBRONC
01-19-2012, 02:34 PM
What I see is two camps, the camp that thinks Tebow can improve and be a good QB in the NFL, and the camp that thinks Tebow sucks, will always suck, and can never become a viable NFL starter.

It seems to me that the second camp is being the much more zealous and unreasonable group right now.

The "Tebow can" camp uses words like "hope", "think", "believe", and "maybe". While the "Tebow sucks" camp uses definites like "never", "can't", and "impossible".

Yes their are the goofs who think Tebow is already an elite QB, I'm glad the Tebow himself isn't in thag group and I'm glad Elway isn't in the "Tebow sucks" camp.

I'm not in either one of those camps. I'm in the camp that says it's possible because he has a strong work ethic but a strong work ethic isn't a guarantee of success. It's a positive in his favor may in the end help him to achieve his goal but only time will tell.

TXBRONC
01-19-2012, 02:35 PM
it's the O-Lines fault

No it's your fault.

dogfish
01-19-2012, 02:37 PM

i actually kinda-sorta like osweiler. . . not a fan of immobile QBs, but he does spin it with some authority. . .

TXBRONC
01-19-2012, 02:46 PM
i actually kinda-sorta like osweiler. . . not a fan of immobile QBs, but he does spin it with some authority. . .

What about Foles?

NightTerror218
01-19-2012, 02:52 PM

All depends on how they feel about Webber.

TXBRONC
01-19-2012, 02:54 PM
All depends on how they feel about Webber.

I don't know. After Orton was released they didn't bother to put Weber on the active roster IIRC.

dogfish
01-19-2012, 02:58 PM
What about Foles?

don't know much about him, honestly. . .

i'm guessing this year will be like most years-- the second tier of QBs is almost always a grab bag of flawed prospects that rarely turn out. . . for every drew brees, there are thirty or forty guys like colt mccoy and chad henne. . . it's fun to debate which of them will be the guy that makes it, but in the end, the vast majority of them don't. . .

TXBRONC
01-19-2012, 03:03 PM
don't know much about him, honestly. . .

i'm guessing this year will be like most years-- the second tier of QBs is almost always a grab bag of flawed prospects that rarely turn out. . . for every drew brees, there are thirty or forty guys like colt mccoy and chad henne. . . it's fun to debate which of them will be the guy that makes it, but in the end, the vast majority of them don't. . .

Stastically he's similar to Osweiler. He's not very mobile but was he was a prolific passer at Arizona.

NightTerror218
01-19-2012, 03:39 PM
I don't know. After Orton was released they didn't bother to put Weber on the active roster IIRC.

i think with the up and down WR/RB injuries and holes they needed that spot.

GEM
01-19-2012, 04:16 PM

YOU WERE WRONG! get the **** over it. He's a YOUNG player who is constantly improving and learning. Just shut the **** up and quit making yourselves look even more stupid if that's possible.

Yea....winning pisses people off. :laugh:

Read what you wrote and tell me that isn't just silly.

Some wonder if he can do it long term unless he can make some changes that make him more successful in the NFL.

SO what...they don't love the guy like you do.

Perhaps if he makes some improvements and does it over time, they will. Maybe they won't. So what. He's a Broncos, they can learn to like it or they can live with it. They don't have much choice. They can also bitch about it, because that is their God given right.

And stop telling people to shut the **** up. If you aren't up for discussion that doesn't match yours, find a Love Tebow message board where everyone says the same stuff and ya'll can sit around by the campfire while singing the Gator fight song. If you don't like what they are saying, dispute it, debate back, but really, telling someone to shut the **** up only shows one persons ignorance and it certainly isn't the person you are telling to shut the **** up.

Lancane
01-19-2012, 04:25 PM

Not to mention he's friends with and a former teammate of Elway's son. :lol:

Zweems56
01-19-2012, 04:30 PM

http://intobolivian.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/u-mad-bro.jpg
?

CoachChaz
01-19-2012, 04:31 PM

Osweiler is more mobile than most think

silkamilkamonico
01-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Still a little confused why people talk about Webber. IMHO, the guy will never be on an NFL roster. He is not an NFL QB.

GEM
01-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Still a little confused why people talk about Webber. IMHO, the guy will never be on an NFL roster. He is not an NFL QB.

They said the same thing about Tebow and now look. :laugh: :D

wayninja
01-19-2012, 04:47 PM

When Tebow goes down this year and webber leads us to an improbable playoff win via a series of incredible comeback victories, you will feel differently. Sort of.

nevcraw
01-19-2012, 06:32 PM
all young QB's have to improve on being more consistent, accurate, cut down on mistakes, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. why would tebow be any different...

chazoe60
01-19-2012, 06:38 PM
I'm all for drafting Osweiler. If Tebow improves and looks awesome then we develop Osweiler as a backup and potential trading chip in the future. If Tebow falters we develop Osweiler and hope he's the man going forward.

I like Tebow and happen to be in the camp that believes Tebow can one day secure himself as our FQB but I also think we need to have a plan B just in case and I'd rather that plan B be a young guy who might be our FQB if Tebow is not.

Nothing wrong with hedging your bet.

BORDERLINE
01-19-2012, 07:40 PM
you maintain we faced the #1 NFL defense when you referance the DEPLETED steelers with a retarded gameplan?

injuries are part of the game, next man up ask the Texans about that.

The hall of game DC of the Steelers, which had the #1 defense came up with a "retarded gameplan" ok :tsk: whatever. They essentially believed Tebw could not throw or they would not have attacked him that way.

Well to the delight of many and the chagrin of a few, Tebow made those throws and D.T made those catches. Why do you belittle the accomplishment of being a #2 overall picking team to being in the divisional round of the playoffs?

Cutting through all your verbose it's easy to see you just don't like Tebow. And that's fine but give credit where it's due because when the blame goes around you obviously know where to direct it at.

And yes i'm the "little boy" in the avatar the correct term is dwarf. :lol:

Tebow happens to treat our kind nicely, unlike you Chef:tsk:

dogfish
01-19-2012, 07:47 PM
zambini needs to learn to type like a grown-up before he tries calling anyone else "little boy". . .

BORDERLINE
01-19-2012, 07:54 PM

Even though I don't agree with you on many things. You hit the nail on the head with this one here. You could have worded it better but I don't care.

What pisses me off is they expect Tebow to improve in a snap of the fingers. Like all Q.B's don't have bad games, sh** some have bad seasons and don't have the fans calling for their head. I referenced Ryan and Stafford you can even throw in Bradford. Do you believe the fans of their teams want them replaced because of their poor post-season outing? In the case of Bradford a horrible season. Ponder and Gabbert should be released after the year they had.

That kind of thinking resembles something like what our friend OR posted about the Raiders, that 8-8 was unexceptable so they fired their coach. Like a coach has to win the SB in Oak in his first year to keep the job. Who the hell thinks like that? I tell you who, Oakland fans and we all know raidass fans are Idio**. And sadly some people in here have the same thinking as them.

I can't wrap my head around the fact that here we where just a week ago among the last 8 TEAMS in the NFL!!!!! and people cannot give credit where it's due. It's always what the other team let Tebow do or how they gave them the game. I think it's dumb and i'm actually happy we got to see our team another 2 weeks and had a shot at the SB after starting 1-4.

slim
01-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Osweiler should have stayed in school one more year. Guy isn't ready.

Of course, Tim isn't really ready either. May be a good idea to have at least one QB on the roster that is ready.

I Eat Staples
01-19-2012, 10:16 PM

Many people (myself included) would have made that statement about 2011. At what point will our wins no longer be considered flukes?

Bullgator
01-19-2012, 11:17 PM
Just enjoy the ride. Looking like a fool for 1 season is enough... don't bet double or nothing in 2012... you'll be twice the fool..

BroncoStud
01-19-2012, 11:24 PM
Champ Bailey - Master of the Obvious

dogfish
01-19-2012, 11:40 PM

Of course, Tim isn't really ready either. May be a good idea to have at least one QB on the roster that is ready.

i should've stayed in school too-- i'm not ready either. . . :tsk:

pnbronco
01-20-2012, 12:16 AM

But does he have the ability to a long term back up and do well enough?

I think he had one of the longest passes with a player on the run this last summer, I think the pass was over 60 yards. He seemed to be good with getting the YAC. They must of seem something to bring him back at least for one more year, plus I would guess that his price tag is not too high.

wayninja
01-20-2012, 01:21 AM
Seeing how Tebow don't dig on the ladies, I'm betting he's a master at throwing from the pocket.

Broncos Mtnman
01-20-2012, 01:30 AM
Why does Champ hate Timmy?

:coffee:

VonSackemMiller
01-20-2012, 01:52 AM
I mean duh, Everybody knows tebow has to get better in the pocket, But tebows work ethic will allow him to do so. Champs stating the obvious like everybody else. The problem with most haters is that they wont even give tebow a chance or time to work and get better. People just writing him off for good which is stupid. Let the thing play out, Weve won games with him, Made the playoffs with him, Won a playoff game with him, Let it run its course. If tebow isnt showing improvement through 16 games and a full off season this year then he wont be the guy. But im sure he will.

VonSackemMiller
01-20-2012, 01:58 AM
Many people (myself included) would have made that statement about 2011. At what point will our wins no longer be considered flukes?

Zam said that the broncos wouldnt win 2 games with tebow starting this year after he was inserted @ 1-4. I think its safe to say zams just hating. He has already proven to make himself look dumb with his dumb predictions.

bcbronc
01-20-2012, 02:00 AM
Seeing how Tebow don't dig on the ladies, I'm betting he's a master at throwing from the pocket.

Don't worry way, they can't all be classics. :lol:

Chef Zambini
01-20-2012, 02:07 AM
Many people (myself included) would have made that statement about 2011. At what point will our wins no longer be considered flukes?from this point forward, barring whacky, inexplicvable plays!
Our win against the steelers was no fluke, but No other team is ghoing to make the same defensive mistakes the steelers did, nor is it likely that our opponent will be as depleted.
having seen the list of opponents for 2012, unless our D becomes the second coming of the '85 bears, I remain vigilant about the 5 games

SOCALORADO.
01-20-2012, 10:20 AM

Yeah. He should have. But oh well Osweiller is entering the draft.
Alls i am saying for the 10th time, is DEN can get a really good developmental QB in the 3rd or 4th round, that they can bring along slowly, while TT does his thing. And DEN should get a vet back up also. To be the No 2 guy. Someone who knows hes the No 2. If TT works out, great! They can trade Osweiller down the road, if TT doesnt pan out, great! DEN has a back up plan.

wayninja
01-20-2012, 10:28 AM
Don't worry way, they can't all be classics. :lol:

Meh, I stand behind it. Feel it's solid.

Fullback32
01-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Well, if John E. can't fix Tebow, I don't know who can. Tebow will definitely work hard to learn the lessons. I just hope it takes. We'll see in stating August sometime. I may have to make a trip to training camp this year.

silkamilkamonico
01-20-2012, 11:28 AM
LMAO

Adam Webber was an average QB on one of the worst programs in all of Division 1 college football in Minnesota. They lost to repeated FCS teams.

LOL at Adam Webber, who was not a first round pick like Tebow. Absolutely terrible comparison.

TXBRONC
01-20-2012, 11:44 AM
i think with the up and down WR/RB injuries and holes they needed that spot.

That's possible but Fox traditionally has kept three quarterbacks on his roster.

Medford Bronco
01-20-2012, 11:56 AM

;)

Agreed if u point this out u are not supporting. Pardon us for not doin
Cartwheels for qb who did some nice things but still did not complete 50% of his passes. In 2012 that is horrible. Even some wins had long stretches of 3 and outs. People forget that. I wish him well but tell wahat my eyes saw.

Chef Zambini
01-20-2012, 12:02 PM
His way won't work in the NFL, it's been proven time and time again especially in the modern NFL with others from Steven Young to Michael Vick. Both of whom did much better 'once' properly coached in more traditional offensive systems and learning to play from the pocket. A lot of people said the same about Vick in Atlanta, don't change him and blah, blah, blah...he struggled and his team struggled for the most part.I am not arguing that point. My point is this:
we are scrapping the best of tebow for the worst of tebow.
good luck with that.
Next year will be an offensive disaster with tyebow relegated to being a pocket passer.
Thats why 5 wins are unlikely.

Tebow is a great runner, lets trash that.
Tebow is a questionable passer (to be polite) and the weakest part of his passing game is from the pocket, so lets accentuate that and make it the foundation of our offense.
yes, this all sounds like the road to success to me.
It also sounds like the mentality employed by shanny when he decided he wanted to dump plummer for his new boy-toy cutler.
OR we can face REALITY and realize what a project tebow really is and trade him to the jags for their top 5 pick!

jlarsiii
01-20-2012, 12:16 PM
Just enjoy the ride. Looking like a fool for 1 season is enough... don't bet double or nothing in 2012... you'll be twice the fool..

I hope that is the mantra you say to yourself every day when you look in the mirror.

Medford Bronco
01-20-2012, 05:34 PM
Why does Champ hate Timmy?

:coffee:

:lol: come on
Mtn man u love him better than jake;)

Broncos Mtnman
01-20-2012, 08:02 PM
:lol: come on
Mtn man u love him better than jake;)

:lol: I'm not going to let you drag me back to that topic. . . .

Medford Bronco
01-20-2012, 09:33 PM
:lol: I'm not going to let you drag me back to that topic. . . .

At least Jake could complete 50% of his passes in a year. :laugh:

Npba900
01-21-2012, 12:19 AM

Tebow is no "KID"!!!! He's 25 years old! and is a full grown adult. The media will scrutinize a grown man in 2012. Calling Tebow a "Kid" will not minimize the media's behavior toward Tim. In 2012, Tebow will either sink or swim.

In the 2012 off season Tebow will have had 6mos to improve his foot work (3, 5 and 7 step drops), reading defensese, and learning to check down and throw to 2nd-3rd receiver option; not to mention improve his passing accuracy and passing percentage.

So it doesn't look like Tebow will have much time to spend with "Focus On The Family, hocking his book/biography and making commercials in 2012. He's got a lot of work and improvement to show the media and John Elway.

Npba900
01-21-2012, 12:29 AM
I am not arguing that point. My point is this:
we are scrapping the best of tebow for the worst of tebow.
good luck with that.
Next year will be an offensive disaster with tyebow relegated to being a pocket passer.
Thats why 5 wins are unlikely.

Tebow is a great runner, lets trash that.
Tebow is a questionable passer (to be polite) and the weakest part of his passing game is from the pocket, so lets accentuate that and make it the foundation of our offense.
yes, this all sounds like the road to success to me.
It also sounds like the mentality employed by shanny when he decided he wanted to dump plummer for his new boy-toy cutler.
OR we can face REALITY and realize what a project tebow really is and trade him to the jags for their top 5 pick!

Meh! Elway told the world back in 2011 that Tebow "Must Learn to Execute and Excel" from the POCKET! Tebow is well aware of this requirement already as well. The Tebow Option Read will not work in the NFL; Defensive Coord have already figured that unsustainable gimmick scheme out.

Elway would be foolish to spend the next 3 or 4 drafts and FA signings trying to build a team around Tebow's SEC Option read.

Project Be Damned! The NFL stands for: NOT FOR LONG! and it applies to Tebow. Hence Elway saying Tebow is the starter going into the off season and into training camp ONLY! Elway did not say Tebow is the starter for the 2012 season. And rightfully so!

VonSackemMiller
01-21-2012, 12:37 AM
All Tebow has to do is win games. Tebow wont be benched for looking average in training camp or practices. When the games on the line he will have to perform and show that hes learned what hes been working on and win games. If elway snatches tebow for another Practice player like kyle orton he wont have is job for long either. NOT FOR LONG applies to GMs, presidents, Coaches, Players. ALL OF THEM.

Tebow will be given 16 games to show hes gotten better, If he struggles then im sure we will finish with nomore than 5-6 wins and be in a position to draft one of the top QBs OR have a developemental QB like the kid from ASU grooming this year ready to compete next year. The Broncos dont need to go draft option talent we need to draft play makers on offense period, So that if tebow doesnt pan out the next QB comes into a offense loaded with talent and a great OL ready to hit it off!.

Npba900
01-21-2012, 12:38 AM
Zam said that the broncos wouldnt win 2 games with tebow starting this year after he was inserted @ 1-4. I think its safe to say zams just hating. He has already proven to make himself look dumb with his dumb predictions.

Well the jury is still out on Tebow. The irony is, Tim finished the the season 1-4! Teams like Detriot, the Bills, and the Patriots twice; all showed how to defeat Tebow Ball!!!! The NFL is a copycat league and Defensive Coord. will follow suit.

Yes the doubters are still out there and they should be. Its a fine line between "Hate and Doubt"!!!!!

Npba900
01-21-2012, 12:44 AM
All Tebow has to do is win games. Tebow wont be benched for looking average in training camp or practices. When the games on the line he will have to perform and show that hes learned what hes been working on and win games. If elway snatches tebow for another Practice player like kyle orton he wont have is job for long either. NOT FOR LONG applies to GMs, presidents, Coaches, Players. ALL OF THEM.

Tebow will be given 16 games to show hes gotten better, If he struggles then im sure we will finish with nomore than 5-6 wins and be in a position to draft one of the top QBs OR have a developemental QB like the kid from ASU grooming this year ready to compete next year. The Broncos dont need to go draft option talent we need to draft play makers on offense period, So that if tebow doesnt pan out the next QB comes into a offense loaded with talent and a great OL ready to hit it off!.

Tebow will have to survive training camp and preseason to even start the regular season....let alone start all 16 games in 2012. I can't see Tebow getting the starting nod if his passing percentage-completion rate isn't above 55 percent with executing from within the pocket.....so yes the jury is still out.

In 2012, the schedule will be a lot tougher as a result of Denver finishing 8-8 and winning one play off game.

VonSackemMiller
01-21-2012, 02:12 AM
If we stop playing Fox ball tebow will be fine.

MOtorboat
01-21-2012, 09:32 AM
If we stop playing Fox ball tebow will be fine.

Fox ball is the reason they were in all those games they won this year.

And the "Elway's entire job as a GM revolves around Tebow" theory is just comical.

VonSackemMiller
01-21-2012, 05:38 PM
Fox ball got him 1_15 and shit canned in carolina

MOtorboat
01-21-2012, 05:54 PM
So Fox ball is only responsible when it's losing?

Sound logic.

Medford Bronco
01-21-2012, 06:15 PM
Tebow is no "KID"!!!! He's 25 years old! and is a full grown adult. The media will scrutinize a grown man in 2012. Calling Tebow a "Kid" will not minimize the media's behavior toward Tim. In 2012, Tebow will either sink or swim.

In the 2012 off season Tebow will have had 6mos to improve his foot work (3, 5 and 7 step drops), reading defensese, and learning to check down and throw to 2nd-3rd receiver option; not to mention improve his passing accuracy and passing percentage.

So it doesn't look like Tebow will have much time to spend with "Focus On The Family, hocking his book/biography and making commercials in 2012. He's got a lot of work and improvement to show the media and John Elway.

Will he be able to throw a spiral :lol: That might help.

and not throw the ball in the ground.

Medford Bronco
01-21-2012, 06:16 PM
Fox ball got him 1_15 and shit canned in carolina

The no talent there did not help either

VonSackemMiller
01-21-2012, 07:18 PM

10 years or so in carolina. one good year.....John Fox is a mediocre coach period. The panthers offense was trash his entire time in carolina. Carolina fans warned us when we hired this guy that we would have a pathetic punt first offense. You can say no talent all you want but john fox hand picked his drafts. He didnt have much say in free agency signings but he got to draft his guys. So who fault is it that they never had much talent? Im amazed that people are acting like John Fox is the long term answer at the coaching position for the Broncos. :tsk:

wayninja
01-21-2012, 07:27 PM

I forgot about the loads of talent Fox inherited here...

Medford Bronco
01-21-2012, 07:55 PM
10 years or so in carolina. one good year.....John Fox is a mediocre coach period. The panthers offense was trash his entire time in carolina. Carolina fans warned us when we hired this guy that we would have a pathetic punt first offense. You can say no talent all you want but john fox hand picked his drafts. He didnt have much say in free agency signings but he got to draft his guys. So who fault is it that they never had much talent? Im amazed that people are acting like John Fox is the long term answer at the coaching position for the Broncos. :tsk:

He had 3 good years and got to the NFC Championship game another time.

John Fox was not the GM so how did he pick all the talent. You have no clue do you.

Medford Bronco
01-21-2012, 07:55 PM
I forgot about the loads of talent Fox inherited here...

Josh really did a great job with that one...:lol:

Josh is still a turd.

VonSackemMiller
01-21-2012, 08:16 PM
He had 3 good years and got to the NFC Championship game another time.

John Fox was not the GM so how did he pick all the talent. You have no clue do you.

So your trying to tell me John Fox had no say in who the panthers drafted? Really? Sound like another apologist. Most coaches and GMs are on the same page when it comes to how there trying to build a team. Fox is not the GM here either but why is he going to be at the combine?, Why is he going to be at the senior bowl? You are the one who doesnt have a clue.

3 winning seasons in 10 years of coaching is less than mediocre. Lmao. its actually piss poor. John Fox is just a stop gap HC i guarantee he wont be here long.

Medford Bronco
01-21-2012, 08:22 PM
So your trying to tell me John Fox had no say in who the panthers drafted? Really? Sound like another apologist. Most coaches and GMs are on the same page when it comes to how there trying to build a team. Fox is not the GM here either but why is he going to be at the combine?, Why is he going to be at the senior bowl? You are the one who doesnt have a clue.

3 winning seasons in 10 years of coaching is less than mediocre. Lmao. its actually piss poor. John Fox is just a stop gap HC i guarantee he wont be here long.

Listen Tebow apoligist I did not say that. You said one good year and I called you out on it.

I never said he was great. I just thought he had more than one good year. Who is your ideal coach Mr Clueless. Urban Meyer? sorry he is not coming here and this is not college.

VonSackemMiller
01-21-2012, 08:44 PM
Fox is not a great coach, good coach or even an average coach, He is a piss poor HC, Dennis Allen should be the HC, So he could raid the Saints offensive staff and let them do there jobs, Unlike Fox forcing his guys to play run run run punt fox ball. My choice for HC would be Allen any day of the week over John Fox.

The sad thing about Fox is its never going to change. after being one way for 10 years you cant expect any changes which is why carolina fans got sick of him. Punt first football will not get you far.

bcbronc
01-22-2012, 04:04 AM
Fox is not a great coach, good coach or even an average coach, He is a piss poor HC, Dennis Allen should be the HC, So he could raid the Saints offensive staff and let them do there jobs, Unlike Fox forcing his guys to play run run run punt fox ball. My choice for HC would be Allen any day of the week over John Fox.

The sad thing about Fox is its never going to change. after being one way for 10 years you cant expect any changes which is why carolina fans got sick of him. Punt first football will not get you far.

lol, you wouldn't know a good coach if he kicked you in the butt and called you cigarette. Quit spamming the boards with your donkey dung.

chazoe60
01-22-2012, 04:15 AM
Guys like Vonsackemmiller are the guys who give people who believe in Tebow a bad name. Dude, stop posting, you are not helping the cause.

VonSackemMiller
01-22-2012, 04:19 AM
Are you people blind? Who ever said im a tebowmania person? If Tebow proves hes not the guy here then on to the next one, I rooted for Orton also when he first got here, Rooted for every broncos QB prior untill they proved they wasnt worthy. Im all about giving these guys time. No differant with Tebow he deserves time.

Truth of the matter is if tebow indeed flames out dont expect the next QB to develope under Fox ball either.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-22-2012, 10:43 AM

Von Miller seemed to turn out okay... I think Fox was involved in that decision...

Right now, our GM isn't really a "GM" either. The way they explain it, it's a "trifecta" of decision making. Hence why everyone refers to them as "EFX". Elway makes the final decisions on personnel matters, not Xanders, therefore Xanders really isn't a true "GM". In Carolina, Fox had input, but he didn't have final say on personnel, especially near the end when Richardson (who was one of the first owners to start cutting back knowing the lockout was imminent) started prepping for the lockout 3 years before it actually happened and went with a "youth" (spoken: cheap) movement.

Tebowgirl214
01-23-2012, 03:58 AM
Yeah he does but dont change how he plays either, that got him hurt remember? He can do it, just let him have time to practice. He was just thrown in and sadly he can win a super bowl and people are still gonna say he can't do it. He's not a lame player, just throws and stands there, he's fun and you don't know what to expect and i love that! He CAN do it all, give him a chance, 1-4 when he took over and after Broncos are in the playoffs... can't say too much bad about him. And keep McCoy, Id be fine with fox leaving, personally they can get coach thats ALOT better.

VonSackemMiller
01-23-2012, 05:24 AM
Yeah he does but dont change how he plays either, that got him hurt remember? He can do it, just let him have time to practice. He was just thrown in and sadly he can win a super bowl and people are still gonna say he can't do it. He's not a lame player, just throws and stands there, he's fun and you don't know what to expect and i love that! He CAN do it all, give him a chance, 1-4 when he took over and after Broncos are in the playoffs... can't say too much bad about him. And keep McCoy, Id be fine with fox leaving, personally they can get coach thats ALOT better.

Even the tebow girl realizds its not mccoy, its fox ball fault.