PDA

View Full Version : What would Mario Fatefehi do?

Requiem / The Dagda
10-13-2007, 01:34 PM
What would Mario Fatefehi do if he was here today? I'm sure he'd clog a lane or two, 'cause that's what Mario Fatefehi would do. When Mario Fatefehi was with the Broncos in 03'-04' going for the Bowl, he had 36 tackles and 6 quarterback sacks when he was twenty four years old!

dogfish
10-13-2007, 02:49 PM
darius holland, where are you??

:ahhhhh:

seriously, i never thought i'd miss mike myers and monsanto pope. . . .

TXBRONC
10-13-2007, 04:24 PM
Holland actually seems like DT that would work well in Bates scheme. He had no pass rushing skills but he did eat up space and wasn't easy to move.

topscribe
10-13-2007, 04:55 PM
What would Mario Fatefehi do if he was here today? I'm sure he'd clog a lane or two, 'cause that's what Mario Fatefehi would do. When Mario Fatefehi was with the Broncos in 03'-04' going for the Bowl, he had 36 tackles and 6 quarterback sacks when he was twenty four years old!

Where is he now, Dream?

-----

BroncoWave
10-13-2007, 04:59 PM
Ok, so am I the first one to catch that he wrote that to the tune of "What Would Brian Boiatano do?" from the South Park movie?

Nice job Dream! :salute:

TXBRONC
10-13-2007, 06:12 PM
Ok, so am I the first one to catch that he wrote that to the tune of "What Would Brian Boiatano do?" from the South Park movie?

Nice job Dream! :salute:

I have never cared to watch South Park.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Where is he now, Dream?

-----

I thought I read something about him maybe being in the Canadian league, but I thought he did relatively well in his short stint with the Broncos? I just mentioned it because of the South Park beat (to the Brian Boitano song) and I figured he'd be a guy who could have done well here.

Medford Bronco
10-13-2007, 06:47 PM
darius holland, where are you??

:ahhhhh:

seriously, i never thought i'd miss mike myers and monsanto pope. . . .

I miss Gerard Warren.

and for those who do not like him. Too bad, IMHO
our run defense was much much better with him and Ekuban playing :salute:

TXBRONC
10-13-2007, 07:21 PM
I miss Gerard Warren.

and for those who do not like him. Too bad, IMHO
our run defense was much much better with him and Ekuban playing :salute:

I understand what you're saying, however I think I read that he was let go because he didn't fit system.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-13-2007, 07:21 PM
Yeah, the last thing we need on the guy is the one who facilitated the trade due to his malcontent for his responsibilities in the team.

topscribe
10-13-2007, 07:24 PM
I thought I read something about him maybe being in the Canadian league, but I thought he did relatively well in his short stint with the Broncos? I just mentioned it because of the South Park beat (to the Brian Boitano song) and I figured he'd be a guy who could have done well here.

That was an honest question. I really was wondering what happened to him.
Frankly, I thought he was doing a decent job when he was here and was
surprised to see him go on his way.

-----

TXBRONC
10-13-2007, 07:31 PM
That was an honest question. I really was wondering what happened to him.
Frankly, I thought he was doing a decent job when he was here and was
surprised to see him go on his way.

-----

Looking at his measureables he wouldn't be an ideal fit for Bates system.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-13-2007, 07:37 PM
Looking at his measureables he wouldn't be an ideal fit for Bates system.

Size has always been a factor overrated in Bates' defense for defensive tackles. It's an added bonus, but they need people to play strong at the point of attack and get to their gap quick. Thomas may be listed at 6'3 - 315, but I remember in Mason's blog during training camp he was under 300 pounds. I think that when people look at measurables, they tend to disqualify qualities players in the process. Not every tackle has to be 6'4 - 320 or a giant, they just need to be able to work well on their given assignments.

Skinny
10-13-2007, 07:50 PM
True.

Daryl Gardner comes to mind in Miami's scheme. When Jimmy Johnson was there.

Gardner played at 295. Tim Bowens was the beast in that line-up (325).

Simple Jaded
10-13-2007, 09:38 PM
Yeah, the last thing we need on the guy is the one who facilitated the trade due to his malcontent for his responsibilities in the team.

Or, a guy YOU THINK facilitated the trade due to his malcontent for his new responsibilities in the team.

I don't think a guy would take a paycut to play in a system he didn't want to play in, and he had to know they'd cut him if he didn't take a pay cut...so he'd be out of a job either way.

So for now, I'm choosing to believe my own Conspiracy Theory...he was traded because Bates actually believed 'Raggedy Am' Gordon would be better. This trade happened LONG before everybody knew how bad Gordon is.

Warren isn't the best DT on the planet, but he's better than Gordon....

Requiem / The Dagda
10-13-2007, 10:03 PM
Or, a guy YOU THINK facilitated the trade due to his malcontent for his new responsibilities in the team.

I don't think a guy would take a paycut to play in a system he didn't want to play in, and he had to know they'd cut him if he didn't take a pay cut...so he'd be out of a job either way.

So for now, I'm choosing to believe my own Conspiracy Theory...he was traded because Bates actually believed 'Raggedy Am' Gordon would be better. This trade happened LONG before everybody knew how bad Gordon is.

Warren isn't the best DT on the planet, but he's better than Gordon....

When did Warren decide to take a pay cut? The Broncos chose not to pay him his option bonus because he didn't deserve it.

Simple Jaded
10-13-2007, 10:17 PM
When did Warren decide to take a pay cut? The Broncos chose not to pay him his option bonus because he didn't deserve it.

So his base salary was supposed to be league minimum?

Requiem / The Dagda
10-13-2007, 10:27 PM
So his base salary was supposed to be league minimum?

They decided not to give him his option bonus, I know. It's quite possible that at some point, they decided to put some of his salary into bonus and then give it to him. Maybe that's what happened. Can't keep track of it all.