PDA

View Full Version : Wow!!

Uncle Buck
08-30-2007, 11:37 PM
Great new site, Tned and gang!

I love it that so many "new" old members from another Broncos site made it in here to help launch what looks to have a bright future! (Speaking of "bright," great color choices, btw! <weg>)

Prior to posting this, I perused some of the other threads. Among these there was one in particular that expressed some concern with the future (and timely) growth of this site. I was a skeptic before the site was launched (go ask carol) but I’m happy to report that I believe that this new site is a success, right out of the box.

In its infancy, I already perceive that Broncos Forums already has a well balanced mix in regard to editorial policy. As with any legitimate website, there must be some ground rules—to protect the general reputation/credibility of the site, first; to maintain equally credible membership, first.

Funny thing. In sentence above, I was just about to enter “first,” and “second” between the semicolons. Then, mid-sentence, I suddenly was reminded of another Bronco site that I had left a few weeks ago. It all came back to me that something was wrong. They had rules. I believe in rules (which also apply to the society at large, or else we would not have a society in the first place).

So why was I upset with the “rules?”

I’ve done some soul searching on this one. Usually, if something doesn’t “feel right,” it generally ISN’T really right. So you have to go with your gut, when occasional little life’s circumstances come around.

On this other (unnamed) site, I saw some sort of automaton society growing out of what once was a warm meeting place for friends. I saw a place that was becoming a victim of its own success. Former friends could no longer “just be themselves,” as it might offend someone in the larger, outer circle. Good judgment on the part of the mods was replaced by clinical “infraction” points.

I did not leave the other site because I was the recipient of one of these little darts. After a week of thinking it over, while monitoring the site, I left because I saw what the new system was doing to others. Bottom line, the end effect was dehumanizing.

It reminded me of that classic sci-fi movie, “Invasion of the Body Snatchers”—which is really not about body snatching so much as it is with mind control: Total conformity.

At any rate, that was then, and this is now. I just need to get myself a dam name to be known by in my new “home.”

I just hope I won’t be saddled with “UnoMyName?” forever. Can I change it later, Tned?

topscribe
08-30-2007, 11:39 PM
How about Uncle Buck?

-----

LordTrychon
08-30-2007, 11:45 PM
Darn those nasty mods anyhow....

j/k...

Welcome and enjoy.

:elefant:<----whatever that is.

Uncle Buck
08-30-2007, 11:47 PM
How about Uncle Buck?

-----

Well, shucks old timer--you just done blew my cover!

I was actually vacillating between that and "BucklandBronco." What do you think?

:listen:

topscribe
08-30-2007, 11:53 PM
Well, shucks old timer--you just done blew my cover!

I was actually vacillating between that and "BucklandBronco." What do you think?

:listen:
I like Uncle Buck. :beer:

-----

KCL
08-30-2007, 11:54 PM
hey uncle buck....:wave:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-30-2007, 11:58 PM
:hello::welcome: Buck - GREAT to see you here - Boy did you have me confused, but sometimes it does not take much - ENJOY:elefant:

BroncoSexyDaddy
08-31-2007, 12:00 AM
Welcome Uncle Buck :laugh:

Tned
08-31-2007, 12:01 AM
I just hope I won’t be saddled with “UnoMyName?” forever. Can I change it later, Tned?

Didn't you read our forum rules?? The name you register with is your name for life! :laugh:

j/k of course. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Startups, whether business or forums, can be tough, but sometimes if you make it over the hump, you can wind up with something special.

T

topscribe
08-31-2007, 12:04 AM
:hello::welcome: Buck - GREAT to see you here - Boy did you have me confused, but sometimes it does not take much - ENJOY:elefant:
I'm pretty good at that. I ID'd Dream when he first came on board at
Broncomania and also RC when he AKA'd back after being banned there. :D

-----

Uncle Buck
08-31-2007, 12:09 AM
Darn those nasty mods anyhow....

j/k...

Welcome and enjoy.

:elefant:<----whatever that is.

Dammit, LT! I was just about to go to bed, but I could not do that without clarifying a particular thing here:

It was not the mods, it was the system. I feel badly for implying any ill will towards the mods of that (unnamed) site--you, especially. Most of them were just all right with the likes of me. JWinn is another of my favorites, as with Jav and (name escapes me at this late night moment, but his av pretty much resembles an invincible robot)....

You mods in general were pretty down to earth (well, as close to the Star Wars crew can be down to Earth). :mod: :hahaha:

My problem was with your admin guy. I think he was/is pompous, and I think that Tned, pretty much nailed it in regard to "customer service." I could give a rip that he is on the payroll of the Denver Broncos. One on one, he doesn't impress me much. So, unlike others who may be more tolerant than moi, I am committed to never ever darken the chambers of the former site again.

I just want the record to show that it was nothing personal with the great posters there (whom I miss) or the mods. It was just what the site had become.

A victim of its own success.

Best to you, LT, and thanks for your response!

topscribe
08-31-2007, 12:20 AM
Ironically, my favorite three mods signed up here: Jav, Owl, and Trychon.

-----

Watchthemiddle
08-31-2007, 12:26 AM
Dammit, LT! I was just about to go to bed, but I could not do that without clarifying a particular thing here:

It was not the mods, it was the system. I feel badly for implying any ill will towards the mods of that (unnamed) site--you, especially. Most of them were just all right with the likes of me. JWinn is another of my favorites, as with Jav and (name escapes me at this late night moment, but his av pretty much resembles an invincible robot)....

You mods in general were pretty down to earth (well, as close to the Star Wars crew can be down to Earth). :mod: :hahaha:

My problem was with your admin guy. I think he was/is pompous, and I think that Tned, pretty much nailed it in regard to "customer service." I could give a rip that he is on the payroll of the Denver Broncos. One on one, he doesn't impress me much. So, unlike others who may be more tolerant than moi, I am committed to never ever darken the chambers of the former site again.

I just want the record to show that it was nothing personal with the great posters there (whom I miss) or the mods. It was just what the site had become.

:dito:

I wish I could have written things that well when I left there...errrrr...got banned for life.

Instead, I just asked them to :banplease:

Tned
08-31-2007, 12:29 AM
Ironically, my favorite three mods signed up here: Jav, Owl, and Trychon.

-----

They're in my top four! For some reason, I have an affinity to the one that banned me!!! Stockholm syndrome or something I guess. :laugh:

Uncle Buck
08-31-2007, 12:46 AM
They're in my top four! For some reason, I have an affinity to the one that banned me!!! Stockholm syndrome or something I guess. :laugh:

YOU were banned of all people, tned?!?! <no-name is stunned and amazed here.......>

Well, guess that would figger in this PC* (*not brave) New World.

Top likes to quote his daddy. I'll, likewise, quote my daddy: "Show me a man who has not made a mistake, and I'll show you a man who has not done much."

--noname

Uncle Buck
08-31-2007, 10:28 AM
hey uncle buck....:wave:

Hey, KCLady! Great to see you here! :hello:

Uncle Buck
08-31-2007, 10:37 AM

Talk about "confused..." That pink elephant, thumping up and down, made me question what was in my glass of club soda last night! :hahaha:

Carol, it's GREAT to be here, and a big HI to all my friends! Thanks to you, Tned, Tops and JR (and to whomever I left out) for making this a great place to be! (Tned, you outdid yourself of this one!)

--name undecided

anton...
08-31-2007, 10:46 AM
hey bucky!!

:wave:

anton has missed you...

without you even knowing...

:spy:
________
LoveTherapy live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/LoveTherapy)

Skinny
08-31-2007, 12:02 PM
Hey Buck. Don't personally know you from the boards but i know of you through some of your post and the fact that you were/are missed there by many posters.

However, i hope to get to know you and look forward to posting with ya. :welcome:

TXBRONC
08-31-2007, 12:11 PM
That's just the hint I need. I'm sorry I didn't recognize you earlier Buck. Anyway we are glad you signed up. :elefant:

LordTrychon
08-31-2007, 12:11 PM

While I appreciate the kind words (and I do!)... I am going to speak in the defense of Steve. I'm not trying to convince you to come back, or tell you that you are wrong... but just because I think a lot of posters have him wrong a bit.

Steve is a good guy, and believe it or not he has a great sense of humor. I feel like defending him because I understand his position in some aspects. He decided a long time ago to not be a poster on the boards, but to function strictly as Admin. I am a manager where I work, and I have to keep a certain distance from my employees to keep the relationship professional... I don't always want to, but it is what works best. I think this is what he's done with the boards, because he wants it to be our (the fans) board... so he tries to leave it to us as much as he can.

Like I said, I don't expect you to suddenly change your mind and be best friends with Steve... It just sits badly with me to think that you'd hold this against him. I'm not positive, but based on what I know, I'm fairly sure the board was Steve's idea, and it's Steve's baby... so if he didn't like or care about us, he could simply pull the plug. I honestly worry that if he ever moves on to another team or a bigger job... exactly that may happen.

A few people even went to the extent of saying that it was a conspiracy to get the boards to die... (lol) then yesterday, the front page of denverbroncos.com comes up with a link to the boards.

In the end, disagree with him or not... Steve makes his decisions with the best interests of the boards in mind.

Sorry for the rant guys... I really didn't come here to debate any of the changes on the *other* board...

Tned
08-31-2007, 01:08 PM
Sorry for the rant guys... I really didn't come here to debate any of the changes on the *other* board...

Not a problem, you are free to talk about anything here.

One thing I do think we need to be careful about is turning this forum into a place to bash Broncomania. Let's remember, we all had great times there over the years and for many of us that now have other Bronco fans (here or on BM) that we call friends, it is important to remember that without BM these last few years most of those friendships would never have begun.

So, while there is a lot of frustration over various things that happened during the last 6-12 months, I think we need to realize that there is no reason that this board and Broncomania can't co-exist peacefully. I think we need to do our parts to allow them to co-exist peacefully.

Just my two cents.

KCL
08-31-2007, 02:12 PM

One thing I do think we need to be careful about is turning this forum into a place to bash Broncomania. Let's remember, we all had great times there over the years and for many of us that now have other Bronco fans (here or on BM) that we call friends, it is important to remember that without BM these last few years most of those friendships would never have begun.

So, while there is a lot of frustration over various things that happened during the last 6-12 months, I think we need to realize that there is no reason that this board and Broncomania can't co-exist peacefully. I think we need to do our parts to allow them to co-exist peacefully.

Just my two cents.

Good post Tned....

LordTrychon
08-31-2007, 02:16 PM

Just my two cents.

Thanks Tned... I really will stop ranting though... mainly to avoid any more argument...

The boards can definately co-exist peacefully... and when this board was brought up to Steve, he gave it his full support...

Tned
08-31-2007, 02:18 PM
The boards can definately co-exist peacefully... and when this board was brought up to Steve, he gave it his full support...

WELL, if he really wants to support us, he could put a link to it on the DenverBroncos.com homepage!!! :wink:

OB
08-31-2007, 02:27 PM
HI BUCK

Miss me :love:

:grouphug: FOR EVERYONE - BM is still a site I will visit but now that most of the ones I cared to read about what they thought are now here (with the exception of RC :lol: j/k j/k :love: ) are here I'll be less diligent over there

And my take on Steve - just my twocents - He IS paid by the Broncos therefore he represents the Broncos (and it is his job/livelihood) and since all of it is being tied to the main page and BC Im sure he wasnt the only one making the decisions on what can and wont be allowed

Dont forget when the site was less popular and not all that connected to the Main site Steve let us get away with alot more

Maybe we should think that he has higher ups telling him what they want the site to look like and what they will or wont tolerate - I just dont think Steve should get all the blame, is all - If you put yourself in his shoes would you want to lose a job with the broncos cause a group of people, incl me, werent happy with the changes - I wouldnt - id be like screw you guys im keeping my job and the changes and if you dont like it leave - which most of us have :( but I just cant blame him - Rant off

topscribe
08-31-2007, 02:28 PM

Just my two cents.
Quoted because it is worth repeating. :beer:

-----

OB
08-31-2007, 02:30 PM
WELL, if he really wants to support us, he could put a link to it on the DenverBroncos.com homepage!!! :wink:

No I wouldnt want that - we would then be "connected" to the org somehow "officially" and have to follow all the BS that made us leave in the first place - we need to stay disconnected from that site but it doesnt mean we have to bash it

We can invite the peeps we want and sooner or later we will get some more good ones (and trolls too)

LordTrychon
08-31-2007, 03:10 PM

We can invite the peeps we want and sooner or later we will get some more good ones (and trolls too)

We'll bargain then....

I'll talk Steve into changing the automatic messages that I assume will be sent if someone recieves a ban for going overboard in IPs so that it includes a link to here.

:laugh:

Uncle Buck
08-31-2007, 03:14 PM

Just my two cents.

Yes, I fully agree with you, tned--which is the reason why I did not mention the name of the other site nor any personal names last night. I wish that I had concluded my little spiel with this: “I wanted to take this one-time opportunity to explain why I left the other site, then put this issue to rest forever. I did not want there to be any misunderstanding as to the real thinking behind my decision to leave. I wanted to make it very clear that it had nothing to do with the membership in general. I made many friends over there, and am grateful for that.”

Ok, so with the above, I’ve put this issue to final rest. To those who read my little clarification here, please do not feel the need to respond further, as it is not my intention to see this issue continue to be discussed here. Heaven knows, it was beaten to death at the other site! :lol:

--Uncle Buck or BucklandBronco (can’t decide which handle to go by…)

Tned
08-31-2007, 03:23 PM
We'll bargain then....

I'll talk Steve into changing the automatic messages that I assume will be sent if someone recieves a ban for going overboard in IPs so that it includes a link to here.

:laugh:

Wellll, on second thought!!!!!

LordTrychon
08-31-2007, 03:48 PM
Quoted because it is worth repeating. :beer:

-----

Yes, I fully agree with you, tned--which is the reason why I did not mention the name of the other site nor any personal names last night. I wish that I had concluded my little spiel with this: “I wanted to take this one-time opportunity to explain why I left the other site, then put this issue to rest forever. I did not want there to be any misunderstanding as to the real thinking behind my decision to leave. I wanted to make it very clear that it had nothing to do with the membership in general. I made many friends over there, and am grateful for that.”

Ok, so with the above, I’ve put this issue to final rest. To those who read my little clarification here, please do not feel the need to respond further, as it is not my intention to see this issue continue to be discussed here. Heaven knows, it was beaten to death at the other site! :lol:

--Uncle Buck or BucklandBronco (can’t decide which handle to go by…)

I didn't really mean to cause this all to come up... I will try to avoid the subject in the future.

In the end, if I end up being a distraction, I'll poke my nose back out.

topscribe
08-31-2007, 03:54 PM
I didn't really mean to cause this all to come up... I will try to avoid the subject in the future.

No, not at all, Trychon! This is something we discussed in the very beginning.
It's just that Tned provided the perfect post to emphasize. In fact, I stickied
it in the "What's on Your Mind" forum.

I appreciate your input . . . all of it, and I know others do, too. Please do not
be bashful. I do see "Member" under your screen name. ;)

-----

Tned
08-31-2007, 03:55 PM

Your fine. Don't sweat it. If we can't talk things out, then they will just continue to fester. We need to all move on (each in their own way) as soon as possible, but it might take more time for some than others.

Jody
08-31-2007, 04:19 PM
LT - Of course you have a completely different perspective than nearly every other poster on the board being a mod of Steve or other mods. I would always respect your feelings or opinions. I may not agree, but would be respectful of that nevertheless. I'm glad you are making appearances over here, along with Jav and Owl. I've never had any issues with any of the mods, with the exception of JWinn. Those were not personal either. I just didn't care for how emotionally involved he'd get in his posting as a moderator and thought it actually increased the intense feelings on the board for so many posters that they were all acting like children and he was the mature one. Perhaps he didn't intend to come across as such, but he did. I've seen some posts written by mods that were not the most mature, but who wanted to point that out to a mod? It was supposed to be fun for us all! I hope that BM finds it's personality again and gets a little more spontaneous again, but think that will take some time. Anyhow....you're a good egg and always enjoyed you. I think it's kind of sweet how you see Steve, but most don't have that advantage, as you already know. Thanks for popping in over here!

Jody
08-31-2007, 04:24 PM
Dear Peter,

I knew that was you! :marchmellow:

Glad to see you FINALLY!

Tned's done a nice job with the place hasn't he? He's had these hidden talents I sure had no idea about, and surely appreciate them all now.

Finished that landscaping yet?

Loved your opening post. I think it's good to speak of the BM board initially, and then 'bygones'. :thumb:

You made my whole week by showing up, so glad you have joined us!

Wendy

BroncoManiac_69
08-31-2007, 04:29 PM
Uncle Buck!! There you are!! :ban:

:D Just kidding my friend and nice to see you again.

Welcome to the party :balloons:

Uncle Buck
08-31-2007, 04:38 PM
While I appreciate the kind words (and I do!)... I am going to speak in the defense of Steve. I'm not trying to convince you to come back, or tell you that you are wrong... but just because I think a lot of posters have him wrong a bit.

Steve is a good guy, and believe it or not he has a great sense of humor. I feel like defending him because I understand his position in some aspects. He decided a long time ago to not be a poster on the boards, but to function strictly as Admin. I am a manager where I work, and I have to keep a certain distance from my employees to keep the relationship professional... I don't always want to, but it is what works best. I think this is what he's done with the boards, because he wants it to be our (the fans) board... so he tries to leave it to us as much as he can.

Like I said, I don't expect you to suddenly change your mind and be best friends with Steve... It just sits badly with me to think that you'd hold this against him. I'm not positive, but based on what I know, I'm fairly sure the board was Steve's idea, and it's Steve's baby... so if he didn't like or care about us, he could simply pull the plug. I honestly worry that if he ever moves on to another team or a bigger job... exactly that may happen.

A few people even went to the extent of saying that it was a conspiracy to get the boards to die... (lol) then yesterday, the front page of denverbroncos.com comes up with a link to the boards.

In the end, disagree with him or not... Steve makes his decisions with the best interests of the boards in mind.

Well, I stated in a previous post that I had put this issue to rest. But…
<George H Bush “Read My Lips” grin>… your good post deserves a response.

In that you speak highly of Steve—and you are a good man, LT—I would rather take your word for it that his intentions were good, rather than carry a grudge. ‘Sides, this would save me a trip down to Home Depot this Labor Day weekend to go shoppin’ for a grudge bucket.

I would rather like someone than to not like someone. Heck, I’d even like to find a way to like Michael Vick—but ONLY if convinced 100% that he really did not understand the gravity of what he was doing.

Sorry to mention Steve’s name in the same sentence as Michael Vick’s, but you know what I mean (I hope). It just feels better to like someone than to hate someone. Seems to release some kind of endorphin to the brain, which is far less stressful than dwelling on hate.

I just might send Steve an email so we don’t part ways with bad blood. We could meet at this little family-run Italian restaurant, discuss keeping the peace, and suddenly seeing that there is no deep batter fried shrimp from the Gulf on the menu, I go to the men’s room and come out brandishing a …

Oh. Sorry. Got a little carried away there. Some have flashbacks to Viet Nam… guess mine was from The Godfather. (mixing satire with the for-real serious sometimes gets bunkle uck in trouble, methinks..)

Anyway, it’s Friday… and even more than that, it’s LDW eve! I’m mixing business with pleasure (“nothin’ personal, strictly business”).

In conclusion, my friend (always be suspicious of someone who does not know you but calls you “friend”), this was a serious response to your post. The writer in me (damn, there goes that leather gloved hand to my throat again!) tends to digress at times with sudden bursts of satire.

You are more than OK by me, LT (‘cept for the Star Wars theme), and I am dead serious as to sending Steve an email. <T> I will mention your good words as a preface. If he is lucky, I will agree to meet with him at the seafood stand of my choice in Denver to bury the hatchet…provided he pays, given that he is on the Broncos payroll!

:hat:

Uncle Buck
08-31-2007, 05:08 PM
Dear Peter,

I knew that was you! :marchmellow:

Glad to see you FINALLY!

Tned's done a nice job with the place hasn't he? He's had these hidden talents I sure had no idea about, and surely appreciate them all now.

Finished that landscaping yet?

Loved your opening post. I think it's good to speak of the BM board initially, and then 'bygones'. :thumb:

You made my whole week by showing up, so glad you have joined us!

Wendy

Gawrsh, Wendy…

Your post just gave me some kind of adrenalin rush that is way beyond the comprehension of the average 12-year-old male mind! (So fine, to see you again, as well.)

Yes, Tned has really outdone himself. As for “hidden talents,” guess they were there all along, huh? He was an articulate and well-respected member of the “other” site. I can’t tell you how happy I am for him—and for us—that he spun off with what has become our new “home!”

Have I finished the landscaping? Hardly! While I’m winning some battles, the war has just begun. It’s a never-ending process. The vegetation is trying to take over the property! And, like a dummy, I’m hand-excavating the space for a new driveway. But, oh well, looking forward to LDW. Guests ask, “what can I bring?” Is it too late to tell ‘em “just bring shovels?”

BTW, you are invited, HW. Got a shovel? If not, I will loan you mine! :laugh:

L,

Peter

LordTrychon
08-31-2007, 10:12 PM
No, not at all, Trychon! This is something we discussed in the very beginning.
It's just that Tned provided the perfect post to emphasize. In fact, I stickied
it in the "What's on Your Mind" forum.

I appreciate your input . . . all of it, and I know others do, too. Please do not
be bashful. I do see "Member" under your screen name. ;)

-----

I probably shouldn't have posted that... honest truth is I think I've been surrounded by drama a bit too much lately, and am a bit too paranoid... I felt like I was adding drama to your board, and that isn't fair.

Your fine. Don't sweat it. If we can't talk things out, then they will just continue to fester. We need to all move on (each in their own way) as soon as possible, but it might take more time for some than others.

You're right of course.

Well, I stated in a previous post that I had put this issue to rest. But…
<George H Bush “Read My Lips” grin>… your good post deserves a response.

In that you speak highly of Steve—and you are a good man, LT—I would rather take your word for it that his intentions were good, rather than carry a grudge. ‘Sides, this would save me a trip down to Home Depot this Labor Day weekend to go shoppin’ for a grudge bucket.

I would rather like someone than to not like someone. Heck, I’d even like to find a way to like Michael Vick—but ONLY if convinced 100% that he really did not understand the gravity of what he was doing.

Sorry to mention Steve’s name in the same sentence as Michael Vick’s, but you know what I mean (I hope). It just feels better to like someone than to hate someone. Seems to release some kind of endorphin to the brain, which is far less stressful than dwelling on hate.

I just might send Steve an email so we don’t part ways with bad blood. We could meet at this little family-run Italian restaurant, discuss keeping the peace, and suddenly seeing that there is no deep batter fried shrimp from the Gulf on the menu, I go to the men’s room and come out brandishing a …

Oh. Sorry. Got a little carried away there. Some have flashbacks to Viet Nam… guess mine was from The Godfather. (mixing satire with the for-real serious sometimes gets bunkle uck in trouble, methinks..)

Anyway, it’s Friday… and even more than that, it’s LDW eve! I’m mixing business with pleasure (“nothin’ personal, strictly business”).

In conclusion, my friend (always be suspicious of someone who does not know you but calls you “friend”), this was a serious response to your post. The writer in me (damn, there goes that leather gloved hand to my throat again!) tends to digress at times with sudden bursts of satire.

You are more than OK by me, LT (‘cept for the Star Wars theme), and I am dead serious as to sending Steve an email. <T> I will mention your good words as a preface. If he is lucky, I will agree to meet with him at the seafood stand of my choice in Denver to bury the hatchet…provided he pays, given that he is on the Broncos payroll!

:hat:

Uno... I never intended to imply that you and Steve need to make up... I assure you that he doesn't hold it against you for disagreeing with the changes. I wouldn't stop you from emailing him either, just because it's rare we get kinds words sent our way and it's always appreciated.

Mainly I didn't want you holding a grudge, as you say. It just seemed wrong... not a mistake on your part, just sad to have parted so harshly when it was unnecessary.

Uncle Buck
08-31-2007, 10:55 PM
Uno... I never intended to imply that you and Steve need to make up... I assure you that he doesn't hold it against you for disagreeing with the changes. I wouldn't stop you from emailing him either, just because it's rare we get kinds words sent our way and it's always appreciated.

Mainly I didn't want you holding a grudge, as you say. It just seemed wrong... not a mistake on your part, just sad to have parted so harshly when it was unnecessary.

I know you never implied anything of the sort, LT. In the process, however, I feel that we need to have a “meeting of the minds.”

I don’t understand why you would imply that you would not “stop” me from emailing him. That would not be possible. But, don’t worry, nobody is gonna get hurt here.

Was I really that “harsh” on my exit? My take was I just stopped posting there, and attempted to explain why.

Dalm! This issue is still going on! And I promised!

Will somebody just please ban me?

Tned
08-31-2007, 11:04 PM
I know you never implied anything of the sort, LT. In the process, however, I feel that we need to have a “meeting of the minds.”

I don’t understand why you would imply that you would not “stop” me from emailing him. That would not be possible. But, don’t worry, nobody is gonna get hurt here.

Was I really that “harsh” on my exit? My take was I just stopped posting there, and attempted to explain why.

I don't think LT was implying he could 'stop' you, I think he meant he wouldn't try and talk you out of it if you wanted to do it, but that it wasn't necessary.

To be honest, what I think LT was trying to politely say is that Steve won't lose any sleep over whether or not there is "bad blood" with former forum members. Having not spoken to LT, I could be way off, but I doubt it.

Jody
08-31-2007, 11:06 PM

No you were not harsh. And no, no, no......no ban for you young man. You're in this for the loooooooonnnnnngggggg haul.

I thought your final thread was to the point and all put very kindly under the circumstances. At that time, I could not believe my eyes that infractions were being given out without a notification to posters - that was a new part of the system, so obviously....it came as a surprise to many posters. Therefore appeared underhanded, when in fact may not have been at all, but you were infractionized right at that point. Many posters were upset about that and came across very angry, and I can't say I blamed anyone for feeling the way they did. You just were open and honest, where I kept most of what I was thinking to myself. How could I complain? I had not received an infraction myself, so I didn't have much to stand on. I was learning right along with everyone else. Another way to look at it, buck.... had posters who had received infractions not posted that they did receive them, I'd still be in the dark on that, along with many posters. So I appreciated hearing about them from numerous parties.

LordTrychon
08-31-2007, 11:14 PM
I don't think LT was implying he could 'stop' you, I think he meant he wouldn't try and talk you out of it if you wanted to do it, but that it wasn't necessary.

To be honest, what I think LT was trying to politely say is that Steve won't lose any sleep over whether or not there is "bad blood" with former forum members. Having not spoken to LT, I could be way off, but I doubt it.

Nope... that pretty much sums it up.

And no, Uno... I didn't mean that you were harsh on your exit.

Uncle Buck
08-31-2007, 11:35 PM
QUOTE=-HW-;4132]No you were not harsh. And no, no, no......no ban for you young man. You're in this for the loooooooonnnnnngggggg haul.

I thought your final thread was to the point and all put very kindly under the circumstances. At that time, I could not believe my eyes that infractions were being given out without a notification to posters - that was a new part of the system, so obviously....it came as a surprise to many posters. Therefore appeared underhanded, when in fact may not have been at all, but you were infractionized right at that point. Many posters were upset about that and came across very angry, and I can't say I blamed anyone for feeling the way they did. You just were open and honest, where I kept most of what I was thinking to myself. How could I complain? I had not received an infraction myself, so I didn't have much to stand on. I was learning right along with everyone else. Another way to look at it, buck.... had posters who had received infractions not posted that they did receive them, I'd still be in the dark on that, along with many posters. So I appreciated hearing about them from numerous parties.[/QUOTE]

Dear Bonnie,

I thank you for your support. However, it is a bit alarming that you were without guilt (re infractions), Ms Goody Two Shoes! Please don’t tell me that you would have a penchant to fall in love with a man in prison, just because he is a public enemy!

Actually, to set the record straight, I was informed of my infraction. I insulted a Raiders fan, remember? I did not think that I had insulted anyone, ergo, my initial post, re the infraction.

Then, later on, I saw that infractions were becoming rampant amongst the forum. At that point I became a rebel. I did not like what was becoming to the forum.

As with a previous post, I promised that I would no longer discuss this issue. And no, I’ve lied. And it’s all your fault! Now we are gonna hafta shoot our way out of this mess, Bonnie.

--Clyde

Medford Bronco
09-01-2007, 12:39 AM
I think you should go with Uncle Buck as I coined that phrase

as for the white site.

I went on it less and less due to my work being very busy with the coinciding of the forum changing.

I kinda think that the people just brushing off our polls and comments on how we hate certain things was kinda bad iMHO

but anyways this place seems very cool and no stupid Cp:elefant:

(I hope Tned you were not thinking of bringing that here?)

Tned
09-01-2007, 12:42 AM

Hard to answer yes when you put it that way. :rofl:

Anyway, whether or not we introduce CP is up to you guys, not me.

http://broncosforums.com/forums/announcement.php?f=4&a=2

OB
09-01-2007, 01:00 AM

as for the white site.

I went on it less and less due to my work being very busy with the coinciding of the forum changing.

I kinda think that the people just brushing off our polls and comments on how we hate certain things was kinda bad iMHO

MED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woot:

Medford Bronco
09-01-2007, 01:04 AM
MED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woot:

Hello OB check our my Whalers sig:first:

Uncle Buck
09-02-2007, 01:50 AM
Well, here i-tiz, the midnight hour, and I have some postin' to catch up on. Worked half of the day (spent the other half sleeping), just to make up for some of the work/sleep I didn't get done during the week. So much for a "three-day weekend," eh?

Welcome Uncle Buck

Daddy, great to see you on the other side! This site would not be complete without the likes of you!

Didn't you read our forum rules?? The name you register with is your name for life!
j/k of course. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Startups, whether business or forums, can be tough, but sometimes if you make it over the hump, you can wind up with something special.

T

Ok, ok… guess I’m just stuck with UNO (dammit) :laugh:

Re, startups, as I said in the beginning, this is one hell of a startup! I see a bright future ahead. Only think lackin’ is jumbo fried shrimp on the menu!

I wish I could have written things that well when I left there...errrrr...got banned for life.

Instead, I just asked them to :banplease:

Well, I just kinda sorta banned myself. Took the easy way out, I guess. Is that akin to board “suicide???” Feel free to PM me sometime, as to why you actually got banned.

hey bucky!!

anton has missed you...

without you even knowing...

Really? For THAT I am honored, given the extent of your reputation beyond repute!

BTW, is that a new crapper you brought over here, or did you disconnect the plumbing from the other site??

Love ya, man…

--buck

Hey Buck. Don't personally know you from the boards but i know of you through some of your post and the fact that you were/are missed there by many posters.

However, i hope to get to know you and look forward to posting with ya.

Skinny, you just done made my day/night! But don’t go down too heavy on this “missing” thing. They are all just poor shots! :lol:

That's just the hint I need. I'm sorry I didn't recognize you earlier Buck. Anyway we are glad you signed up.

Glad to be here as well, Tex… and great to see you onboard, yerself!

HI BUCK

Miss me :love:

Miss you?

Ive been holding out so long
Ive been sleeping all alone
Lord I miss you
Ive been hanging on the phone
Ive been sleeping all alone
I want to kiss you

Oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh
Oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh
Oooh oooh oooh

JUST kidding, silly! But of course I missed you (with my tranquilizer gun). Geez, can’t you hold still for ONE simple minute!?

I think I already responded to this last night, my man, but don’t you dare even THINK about pokin’ your nose out! You are a class act, LT, exemplified by your appearance here in the first place.

Uncle Buck!! There you are!!
Just kidding my friend and nice to see you again.

Welcome to the party

Well, if it ain’t my AI buddy! This new place would not be complete without the likes of you. Great to see you as well, my friend!

Indeed you did, my NE friend. I think that, in honor of you, I should formally make my new name here, “Uncle Buck.” How could I not, considering that I have an affinity for NE, not to mention that you were one of the first to welcome me on the old site.

That said, here are the pros and cons:

Pro’s:

1. Most in here seem to have a penchant for “Uncle Buck.”

2. Being a conservative, I don’t like change. For example, it irritated me when they came out with the “New Coke.”

3. My namesake was anything but PC.

Con’s:

1. My namesake was overweight, unkempt, and drove a really cheesy car.

2. Don’t you think that “Buckland Bronco” is a pretty cool handle? I mean, it retains my old handle, while associating myself with the Broncos (in case there is any doubt).

But, out of respect for the likes of you, Med, I don’t think I’ll make the decision myself. Should I put this to a vote before the board?

DenBronx
09-02-2007, 01:59 AM
welcome aboard uno!