PDA

View Full Version : We Proudly Announce the Newest Members of the Whiskyteers! Uncle Buck and Sparkie!

Jody
10-13-2007, 12:23 PM
Once Upon a Time....After numerous nights bantering back and forth with friends in Kaps cafe, Sharkie (a.k.a. Jaws) and Den-21 (a.k.a. my Twin-he's a few seconds younger than I-but a lot sassier! :D) were discussing how the whisky was always just a little too low and blaming each other for the unaccounted for missing whisky.

Suddenly, with a clang and a splatter!!!!!! Jaws comes up with this amazingly good idea to start our own little group, the Whiskyteers! So,
there you have it the 3 Whiskyteers! Nearly a year later, we nominated Red Birdy as the 4th Whiskyteer----she was in awe of being selected into such a renowned group of fine individuals such as ourselves. *cough*

:welcome:

Now, here's the story on the Whisky.....
Whisky is not for the faint-of-heart, nor this club! This is not WhiskEy, it's WhiskY! The difference? Well, it's one of those clever European inventions that we tend to enjoy all toooooo well. Here's your first lesson Buck and Sparkie - prepare yourselves well, choose your weapon carefully, and call a cab! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiskey

We will need to contact the distillery's pronto and ask for production to be upped now that Uncle Buck's is joining the ranks and Sharkie's dear friend Sparkie who keeps stealing half the rations! We know how to pick em'!;)

Let's raise our shot glasses and toast to our newest members, who of course will receive at least the first 4-5 rounds! We know how to break in new members the right way in this club! :nod:

Jaws
10-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Great news that the Whiskyteers have now doubled in numbers since first formed. Are we now officially known as the three whiskyteers x2? ;)

Seeing as the distilleries will be closed on Sunday HW, I took some measures to keep things going in the meantime and stocked up on this:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/broncojaws/cheapwhisky.jpg

Should be good enough for the noobs, they probably don't have such refined tastebuds and won't notice. We can keep the Chivas Regal for the connoiseurs :geezer:

Uncle Buck and Sparkie great to have you on board :shots:

Uncle Buck
10-13-2007, 03:25 PM
Once Upon a Time....After numerous nights bantering back and forth with friends in Kaps cafe, Sharkie (a.k.a. Jaws) and Den-21 (a.k.a. my Twin-he's a few seconds younger than I-but a lot sassier! ) were discussing how the whisky was always just a little too low and blaming each other for the unaccounted for missing whisky.

Suddenly, with a clang and a splatter!!!!!! Jaws comes up with this amazingly good idea to start our own little group, the Whiskyteers! So,
there you have it the 3 Whiskyteers! Nearly a year later, we nominated Red Birdy as the 4th Whiskyteer----she was in awe of being selected into such a renowned group of fine individuals such as ourselves. *cough*

:welcome:

Now, here's the story on the Whisky.....
Whisky is not for the faint-of-heart, nor this club! This is not WhiskEy, it's WhiskY! The difference? Well, it's one of those clever European inventions that we tend to enjoy all toooooo well. Here's your first lesson Buck and Sparkie - prepare yourselves well, choose your weapon carefully, and call a cab! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiskey

We will need to contact the distillery's pronto and ask for production to be upped now that Uncle Buck's is joining the ranks and Sharkie's dear friend Sparkie who keeps stealing half the rations! We know how to pick em'!

Let's raise our shot glasses and toast to our newest members, who of course will receive at least the first 4-5 rounds! We know how to break in new members the right way in this club! :nod:

Wow! I’m stunned and amazed! :whoo:Does this mean I have to immediately drop the “E” in “whiskey” from here to eternity?

Thank you dear HW and to each of the distinguished members in this elite company! (While I still do not comprehend how on earth I came to deserve such an honor?)

Now I guess I’ll have to frequent that notorious establishment, “Kap’s Café,” in order to find out just what sort of hooligans takes place in that joint—and to keep tabs on my ration of “whisky!” I have so many questions, such as “do they serve “bar” or “house” whisky in there and, if so, is it of premium quality?” “Once in a while I have a hankerin’ for the crème de la crème of French spirits—Cognac. Is that an option?” “Is there a ‘Happy Hour’ and, if so, what are the hours?” “Is there any honour in the midst, or do I need to keep constant tabs on my ration?” “Just who is this ‘Sparkie,’ and how much is he or she capable of consuming?”

:grouphug:

Escobar
10-13-2007, 03:29 PM
Are you guys promoting gang activity?

:laugh:

Sparkie
10-13-2007, 05:59 PM
Are you guys promoting gang activity? *laugh*

If "gang activity" can be interpreted to mean "the enjoyment of social drinking" ... then ... YES!

:madgrin:

Thankyou all muchly for your welcomes.

Honoured I am to be the sixth Whiskeyteer. :salute:

One for all ... and all for more! :cheers:

[Edit: Sparkie makes no apology for spelling whiskEy with an E .. 'tis part of her Irish heritage. Slainte! :D]

Sparkie
10-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Just who is this ‘Sparkie,’ and how much is he or she capable of consuming?
Hey there Uncle Buck! :)

Sparkie is a she, and she is capable of consuming up to two double shots, neat. As well as a considerable amount of TEA.
:thrasher: :madgrin: :tea:

Uncle Buck
10-13-2007, 06:59 PM

Sparkie is a she, and she is capable of consuming up to two double shots, neat. As well as a considerable amount of TEA.
:thrasher: :tea:

Well, very pleased ta meetcha, Sparkie! :five: Any friend of Sharkie's is a friend of mine!

...to the WHISKEYTEERS!! :tea:

Jody
10-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Wow! I’m stunned and amazed! :whoo:Does this mean I have to immediately drop the “E” in “whiskey” from here to eternity?

Thank you dear HW and to each of the distinguished members in this elite company! (While I still do not comprehend how on earth I came to deserve such an honor?)

Now I guess I’ll have to frequent that notorious establishment, “Kap’s Café,” in order to find out just what sort of hooligans takes place in that joint—and to keep tabs on my ration of “whisky!” I have so many questions, such as “do they serve “bar” or “house” whisky in there and, if so, is it of premium quality?” “Once in a while I have a hankerin’ for the crème de la crème of French spirits—Cognac. Is that an option?” “Is there a ‘Happy Hour’ and, if so, what are the hours?” “Is there any honour in the midst, or do I need to keep constant tabs on my ration?” “Just who is this ‘Sparkie,’ and how much is he or she capable of consuming?”

:grouphug:

I LOVE Cognac! *rubs tummy* We approve!:D

Jody
10-13-2007, 07:54 PM
Are you guys promoting gang activity?

:laugh:

Ha Ha ---- Of sorts I guess we are. :D

Reminds me of this song I grew up with hearing around my family's piano over and over and over again------> http://www.larrysmithpuppets.com/hailhail.mp3

"Hail, Hail"
(sung by Rudy and Teaser)
(in The Friendship Clubhouse)

Hail, Hail, the gangs' all here,

We're all friends together,
in all kinds of weather ...

Hail, Hail, the gangs' all here,
We can have a lot of fun!

Jody
10-13-2007, 07:57 PM
If "gang activity" can be interpreted to mean "the enjoyment of social drinking" ... then ... YES!

Thankyou all muchly for your welcomes.

Honoured I am to be the sixth Whiskeyteer. :salute:

One for all ... and all for more! :cheers:

[Edit: Sparkie makes no apology for spelling whiskEy with an E .. 'tis part of her Irish heritage. Slainte! :D]

Irish WhiskEy is acceptable, Kentucky is NOT! No corn liquors allowed! :D

We don't mind our jokes being a little grainy with corn, but not our liquor!

Jody
10-13-2007, 07:58 PM

:thrasher: :madgrin: :tea:

We'll work on her by golly! We'll up that and make you and us all Proud! :D

Uncle Buck
10-13-2007, 10:42 PM
I LOVE Cognac! *rubs tummy* We approve!:D

In that case, the first round's on YOU! To the Cognac! :cool: