PDA

View Full Version : killzone 2

jrelway
03-03-2009, 03:46 PM
anyone cop it yet? if so, spill the goods please. hows the online play etc...

Thnikkaman
03-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Its not a PC shooter, it sucks.

Now that my obligatory post is done, carry on.

It looks faster paced than Halo (and I think that is one of the things that pisses me off most about the game).

jrelway
03-03-2009, 05:34 PM
think ill rent it then before i buy.

Shazam!
03-03-2009, 06:21 PM
Its not a PC shooter, it sucks...

Real men shoot with Dual Sticks, triggers, and a 40''+ HDTV. Not with a mouse on a Monitor.

Thnikkaman
03-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Real men shoot with twitch reflexes, a high DPS mouse, dual video cards, and a DLP projector at at least 1280x800 (higher def than hdtv). Not with an obsolete console.

Corrected for accuracy.

By the way, I'll get you my gamer tag when I eventually get my 360.

Shazam!
03-03-2009, 10:38 PM
We disagree, even though I just made that post to OBVIOUSLY get a rise out of you! :)

I don't think reflexes factor in too much when you move your mouse over the target and open fire. It's like child's play.

Also, I'd hardly call the PS3 'obsolete' and believe me that is NOT coming from a 'HD Moviestation' Sony fanboy. You lose almost all credibility with that statement and simply sound like a PC gaming snob. Consoles have come a long way and the line is blurred. XBox 360 is way more practical and affordable to a high end gaming PC.

I'm not downing PC games either. PC gaming runs games that cannot be run efficiently enough on consoles, primarily like MMORPGS and RTSs come to mind immediately. But with games like Fight Night, Street Fighter, and Madden playing with sticks is a must. Especially with FN3 and the new FN4. Without the use of the sticks you are at a severe disadvantage.

We're just from two different camps on this one. :beer:

Thnikkaman
03-03-2009, 11:17 PM
I'm actually getting the 360 for Street Fighter and Tekken. And from a technical standpoint comming from a graphics programmer (that is what my Masters Degree is in), the PS3 is a gimmick that Sony used to push Bluray to win the Hi Def format war.

As programmers are getting used to the nuances of the cell processor (the gimmick), games will get easier to write for the PS3, and you will eventually see more games for it unless it goes the way of the Dreamcast (which is still possible).

I am a converted Console gamer, and I still enjoy my console games. Super Mario Galaxy is one of the best platformers I have ever played. My bias toward the PC is for FPS games. I understand that you are proficient at using the stick controller for aiming (with the aid of an aimbot). When everyone was playing 007 on the N64, I was playing Capture the Flag on Unreal Tournament. The problem that I have with most FPSs on the PC these days are that just about every developer out there develops it for the console, and then ports it to the PC. At least Valve still has love for us PC gamers.

Oh, and I have become very proficient at playing FPSs with my touchpad on my laptop. If Quake Live ever gets more than one server, I'd be happy to show you. ;)

Shazam!
03-04-2009, 01:40 AM
I agree that the Bluray was just a gimmick so Sony could win the format war. By the time they master the development though, the next generation of consoles will be here practically. It is too late for Sony as they have lost this round of consoles and they'll never catch up with the 360 in the HD console market for a variety of reasons. They can't afford to drop the price so it can compete better after Sony posting billions in losses, and with a 360 on HDMI there is no visual difference. Plus with the exception of a few titles, there is nothing worth playing on there IMO. I will get one eventually when the deal is just too good to pass up though (crackhead selling one, etc. lol)

After playing PS3 extensively (bro has it and whipping his ass in FN) I believe 360 is the better console for my gaming tastes, as I like shooters best. I really like the 360 controller too (which was an amazing improvement over it's predecessor) after using a Dualshock for many years. It's triggers are perfect, especially for shooters and it's rugged construction. It's very durable. I sat on it a few times, winged it in frustration on occassion, not even a rattle inside and it's almost 3 years old now. It doesn't feel cheap and you can use it on a PC too.

I don't use the 'snap aim' type either in FPS and I am not a fan of it. Sometimes it locks onto enemies who aren't the greatest threat even though they may be closer. If I can shut off the option I will, and in some games you can. Like FEAR 2, which is a FPS I just got and I like.

I forgot Tekken is coming... Thanks for reminding me.

Scarface
03-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Wow real interesting Zzzzzzzz.....anyways about Killzone 2. Got it from Gamefly this week and about to play it soon. From everything I've seen and heard looks like it's going to be awesome.

sneakers
03-09-2009, 12:12 AM
I played the demo, and didn't really like it so I bough Call of Duty: World at War instead....it is fun....but I still love Resistance 2- probably my favorite FPS.

Scarface
03-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Played through the first level and so far so good. The graphics are ridonkulous on this game.