PDA

View Full Version : Broncos RB's tidbit:

turftoad
03-03-2009, 01:55 PM
Broncos | Buckhalter, Torain expected to compete for starting job
Tue, 03 Mar 2009 09:36:51 -0800

Mike Klis and Lindsay H. Jones, of The Denver Post, report Denver Broncos RB Correll Buckhalter and RB Ryan Torain are expected to compete for the team's No. 1 running back job. Buckhalter is expected to get the first chance to become the team's starting running back. FB Peyton Hillis and RB Selvin Young are expected to compete for role positions.

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-03-2009, 02:07 PM
aww now everyone is going to start whining cause hillis isnt going to compete for the starting job..lmao

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-03-2009, 02:08 PM
also if the cardinals cut james, i think we would be interested in him.

silkamilkamonico
03-03-2009, 02:09 PM

I don't. We don't need another washed up over the hill RB that can't take a pounding.

turftoad
03-03-2009, 02:12 PM
I don't. We don't need another washed up over the hill RB that can't take a pounding.

We just signed one of those, we don't need two.

Fan in Exile
03-03-2009, 02:13 PM
Wow, it takes a certain amount of arrogance to laugh at people in the first place, but to laugh at people for what you think they are going to say is a whole new step.

Hillis by his play for our team last year certainly endeared himself to many of the fans. I'm not going to laugh at them for liking a guy who produced. I myself want to see him moved around a lot and given a lot of chance to catch the ball as well as run with it, so I'm not worried about him not given a shot to start at RB, as long as he gets some touches.

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-03-2009, 02:16 PM

Not sure who you are talking about cause james is a great rb. can pick up blitzes and isnt afraid to lower his shoulder and take on a tackler. has been relatively healthy since 2005. would have rushed for over a 1000 yds if he wasnt benched last year. i think he is exactly what we need...IF the price is right obviously.

getlynched47
03-03-2009, 02:17 PM

Yeah......no thanks....

turftoad
03-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Not sure who you are talking about cause james is a great rb. can pick up blitzes and isnt afraid to lower his shoulder and take on a tackler. has been relatively healthy since 2005. would have rushed for over a 1000 yds if he wasnt benched last year. i think he is exactly what we need...IF the price is right obviously.

I didn't realize that he's been drinking from the fountain of youth.

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Wow, it takes a certain amount of arrogance to laugh at people in the first place, but to laugh at people for what you think they are going to say is a whole new step.

Hillis by his play for our team last year certainly endeared himself to many of the fans. I'm not going to laugh at them for liking a guy who produced. I myself want to see him moved around a lot and given a lot of chance to catch the ball as well as run with it, so I'm not worried about him not given a shot to start at RB, as long as he gets some touches.

there is no thinking about it...check the threads people are high on him and for good reason...i was simply laughing because i know there will be whining...and in my own opinion there is plenty of it going on already.

Dortoh
03-03-2009, 02:19 PM

Excellent post.

The best guy will be getting the ball period. Time will tell who that guy is. I personally doubt it is Hillis but if so great.

silkamilkamonico
03-03-2009, 02:20 PM

He's a shell of his former years. He's a smart player, and he knows how to play the position. That isn't what Denver needs right now. They have a plethora of mid level guys already. If they are going to add another, I would rather they did it through the draft, and hope they get a diamond in the rough. James isn't much better than his 3.9 ypc.

LRtagger
03-03-2009, 02:22 PM
aww now everyone is going to start whining cause hillis isnt going to compete for the starting job..lmao

Thanks for contributing to the thread.

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-03-2009, 02:23 PM
I didn't realize that he's been drinking from the fountain of youth.

ummm fred taylor isn't either...james isnt a selfish guy he only wants to play. his OLD ass can still make people miss...polamalu if i recall correctly, missed a few times in the superbowl.

turftoad
03-03-2009, 02:24 PM
ummm fred taylor isn't either...james isnt a selfish guy he only wants to play. his OLD ass can still make people miss...polamalu if i recall correctly, missed a few times in the superbowl.

I wouldn't want Fred Taylor either anymore.

getlynched47
03-03-2009, 02:24 PM

You get major props for this one....because I am a fan that believes that Hillis' performance should have at least earned him the right to compete with Buckhalter, Torain, and Young to be the starting running back :salute: :salute:

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-03-2009, 02:28 PM
He's a shell of his former years. He's a smart player, and he knows how to play the position. That isn't what Denver needs right now. They have a plethora of mid level guys already. If they are going to add another, I would rather they did it through the draft, and hope they get a diamond in the rough. James isn't much better than his 3.9 ypc.

In my opinion he is exactly what we need. A proven running back. I would be much happier with him starting than buck and torain. us trying to get ward is a sign xman and mcd isnt sold on our running backs. and if i'm not mistaking ward is 28. not much younger than james

Lonestar
03-03-2009, 02:32 PM

I think that Hillis will indeed get to compete for th job..

As we saw with eh cuteler to CLE for two players rogers and their QB journalism has taken a giant step backward in credibility over the past 48 hours..

And in particular Klis has rarely been able to find his ass with both hands anyway..

I'll wait till the start of the season before worrying about it.. If Hillis is not a Rb they will find a place for him to much desire there to have him sitting on the bench..

GEM
03-03-2009, 03:24 PM

James was a good RB back when he had an OLine...since then, he's been BELOW average.

dogfish
03-03-2009, 03:30 PM
i'm going to be out buying stock in medical supply companies-- if anybody calls for me, somebody please take a message. . .

jrelway
03-03-2009, 03:33 PM
e. james? why not bring in shawn alexander as well?

CoachChaz
03-03-2009, 03:34 PM
If they can stay healthy, Buckhalter and Torain could be a very nice package with Hillis at FB. But let's all not pretend that Hillis wasnt injured in his first season either. Say what you want about Buckhalter, but he has one thing going for him, if nothing else...at least he has a full season in the NFL. Torain and Jesus Hillis cant say that.

Grover
03-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Anytime you have backs of this quality in camp, you just need to create some competition and see who steps up.

oh wait, that was Shanahan speak. Josh isn't saying anything these days.

shank
03-03-2009, 03:47 PM
i would love to see hillis at fullback, but think he at least deserves a chance to compete at TB. he's showed too much heart and talent with the ball to not get his fair share of touches though, no matter where he lines up.

CoachChaz
03-03-2009, 03:47 PM
Anytime you have backs of this quality in camp, you just need to create some competition and see who steps up.

oh wait, that was Shanahan speak. Josh isn't saying anything these days.

Dont know if I blame him. Most were happy with the hiring, very happy with the interviews and when he ASSUMEDLY did something that every coach does, he's suddenly the anti-christ.

He could come out and say that he was behind Marshall and supported him in this recent issue and there would almost definately be a few people that would translate that into him NOT supporting Cutler.

I wouldnt say shit right now either if I were him

broncofaninfla
03-03-2009, 03:59 PM
No matter what the article says, I saw enough of Hillis to know he is still the best RB on our roster. Even McIdiot will realize that.

CoachChaz
03-03-2009, 04:02 PM
No matter what the article says, I saw enough of Hillis to know he is still the best RB on our roster. Even McIdiot will realize that.

Yeah, one and a half good games makes a player great. I can see that point.

broncofaninfla
03-03-2009, 04:05 PM
I didn't say he was great, I said he is still the best running back on our roster.

CoachChaz
03-03-2009, 04:09 PM
I didn't say he was great, I said he is still the best running back on our roster.

Whatever. I'm still not going to base that decision on 1.5 games. By that standard, I could say Torain is because he had a great half.

If he was the best then why didnt he start prior to the 5 RB's that played ahead of him last year. All it took was for one of them to avoid injury and Hillis would have been nothing but a FB. But...he got his chance and just like ALL the other guys that people complain about...he got injured too.

getlynched47
03-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Get ready for the Dynamic Glass-Back Duo (Buckhalter & Torain) :rolleyes:

CoachChaz
03-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Get ready for the Dynamic Glass-Back Duo (Buckhalter & Torain) :rolleyes:

Oh no...add Hillis and make it a trio.

broncofaninfla
03-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Whatever. I'm still not going to base that decision on 1.5 games. By that standard, I could say Torain is because he had a great half.

If he was the best then why didnt he start prior to the 5 RB's that played ahead of him last year. All it took was for one of them to avoid injury and Hillis would have been nothing but a FB. But...he got his chance and just like ALL the other guys that people complain about...he got injured too.

Do you actually ever watch the games or just make up your mind reading reports and posts. Hillis got his chance thru attrition, it was fluke but he got the chance but guess what, he made the most of it and showed he can tote the rock as good as anybody on the team, he has a great set of hands and is deceptively fast. Could we improve at RB? Heck yes! Have we to date, heck no!
Hilis got hurt but you HAVE to admit his was a fluke and he still held on to teh ball and made one h*ll of a catch!

claymore
03-03-2009, 04:14 PM

I know, we need to trade for an unproven QB.

bcbronc
03-03-2009, 04:23 PM

Mike Klis and Lindsay H. Jones, of The Denver Post, report Denver Broncos RB Correll Buckhalter and RB Ryan Torain are expected to compete for the team's No. 1 running back job. Buckhalter is expected to get the first chance to become the team's starting running back. FB Peyton Hillis and RB Selvin Young are expected to compete for role positions.

as far as sex appeal goes, this backfield isn't exactly Beyonce and a bottle of baby oil, but it's good enough we don't need to take a back on day 1. add a mid to late draft pick or an UDFA and reevaluate this time next year.

dogfish
03-03-2009, 05:00 PM
as far as sex appeal goes, this backfield isn't exactly Beyonce and a bottle of baby oil, but it's good enough we don't need to take a back on day 1. add a mid to late draft pick or an UDFA and reevaluate this time next year.

if jennings isn't there in the 3rd, gimme james davis in the 4th. . . .

underrated29
03-03-2009, 05:06 PM
and my guy in my sig in the UFDA.

I dont think we will see what we saw last year. Having said that torains injury is going to be the hardest to come back from supposedly. He is the guy i would like to see win out, but i just dont know....

I still dont like young a whole lot though, so as long we stay healthy i should be ok not having to worry about that.

Lonestar
03-03-2009, 05:41 PM

But you have to admit had he been given the chance earlier in the year he might have been carrying alot longer.. And who knows for sure would he have been hurt in that game either..

None of us knows for sure what the new guy will do and much of the speculation of who does what is just the reporters trying to come up with something to write about..

I also believe the day of mikey style scat backs under 220 pounds is a thing of the past in DEN.. as a main staple in the back field..

I'll wait to see what really happens before getting uptight about it..

We have all seen out out of proportion things get with faulty reporting

G_Money
03-03-2009, 06:11 PM

With "I keep blowing my knee out and can't carry the load" Buckhalter and "Holy crap my body is made of papier mache and dental floss" Torain ahead of him? And "I make Torain look like a durable stud" Young as his role-player competition? :confused:

He'll be the starter by week 3, why would I worry?

Just let it play out. There's nothing wrong with letting Hillis share the load with whichever of our nominal tailbacks is healthy that week.

Keep him fresher throughout the season, and let the walking MASH unit we call a RBBC keep rotating through...

~G

GEM
03-03-2009, 06:25 PM
With "I keep blowing my knee out and can't carry the load" Buckhalter and "Holy crap my body is made of papier mache and dental floss" Torain ahead of him? And "I make Torain look like a durable stud" Young as his role-player competition? :confused:

He'll be the starter by week 3, why would I worry?

Just let it play out. There's nothing wrong with letting Hillis share the load with whichever of our nominal tailbacks is healthy that week.

Keep him fresher throughout the season, and let the walking MASH unit we call a RBBC keep rotating through...

~G

Exactly....all those that keep saying everyone has Hillis on some pedestal...guess we'll see on opening day. I have a feeling that unless we pick up someone in the draft that is simply amazing...Hillis is going to get the start. If it isn't game 1, give it 2 weeks and an injury.

omac
03-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Exactly....all those that keep saying everyone has Hillis on some pedestal...guess we'll see on opening day. I have a feeling that unless we pick up someone in the draft that is simply amazing...Hillis is going to get the start. If it isn't game 1, give it 2 weeks and an injury.

If Torain, Buckhalter, and Young can't stay healthy in a McDaniels offense, we should cut them. For backs, the McDaniels offense is like the opposite of the Vikings' offense.

fcspikeit
03-03-2009, 07:01 PM

This entire report (If you can even call it that) is just speculation...:tsk:

FA isn't even over, we still have the draft, a lot of things can and will happen from now to the start of the season, As long as Hillis gets reps at HB in practice, he will have the chance to win the job. If someone bets him out, so be it.

atwater27
03-03-2009, 07:11 PM

Every single back on the roster should be given an equal opportunity to compete for the starting job. Let the cream rise to the top.

getlynched47
03-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Oh no...add Hillis and make it a trio.

Hillis is 100x more durable than Torain and Buckhalter...

tomjonesrocks
03-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Torain? Please. We'd better draft someone.

lex
03-03-2009, 08:33 PM
What. A. Joke.

Hobe
03-03-2009, 08:45 PM

Why shouldn't Hillis compete for the starting job? Who ever performs the best should get the job. We all saw how well he performed when he got the chance last season.

dogfish
03-03-2009, 09:01 PM
okay, seriously. . . our supposed top tailbacks are ryan torain, correll buckhalter and selvin young? good god, has there ever been a more injury-prone backfield in the history of the league?? this is just not good thinking. . . . :tsk:

we could be signing street free agents again by week six. . . who wants to start the office pool for which one gets hurt first?

my money's on torain. . . .

good thing we passed up tashard choice to take jack williams, huh?

Chris90210
03-03-2009, 11:41 PM
that sucks

WARHORSE
03-04-2009, 01:20 AM

James couldnt outrun Pat Bowlen.

Hes nothing more than a bench warmer.

WARHORSE
03-04-2009, 01:21 AM
okay, seriously. . . our supposed top tailbacks are ryan torain, correll buckhalter and selvin young? good god, has there ever been a more injury-prone backfield in the history of the league?? this is just not good thinking. . . . :tsk:

we could be signing street free agents again by week six. . . who wants to start the office pool for which one gets hurt first?

my money's on torain. . . .

good thing we passed up tashard choice to take jack williams, huh?

I think some people around here are going to be surprised when Buckhalter runs here.

dogfish
03-04-2009, 02:04 AM
I think some people around here are going to be surprised when Buckhalter runs here.

nah, i won't be surprised if he's successful-- i've watched the iggles plenty over the years, i know the guy can play. . . he's a tough, determined runner, i've always liked his style. . . i don't have any problem with him as a player, i just question the wisdom of bringing in an aging guy with such an extensive history of bad injuries when our other two prospective starters are both more delicate than porcelain and we placed friggin' SEVEN RBs on IR just last year. . . kinda seems like trying to patch a hole in a canoe with tissue paper, ya know what i mean? i still hope we spend a 3rd or 4th round pick to add another solid young back, but unfortunately our lack of any quality free agent DLs is kind of painting us into a corner draftwise, unless they intend to just ignore it the way the last regime did. . .

atwater27
03-04-2009, 02:04 AM
I heard on ESPN that Lamont Jordan was talking with the Broncs.
Anyways, where do you guys get off thinking that Buckhalter is the new king of the hill at RB? Guys a career backup with no superlative skills. Just because we signed him doesn't mean he is crowned the starter. I doubt he is even the backup.

underrated29
03-04-2009, 11:38 AM
We signed Lamont Jordan.....

I am stoked about this, i know most wont be but i am thrilled.

Northman
03-04-2009, 11:39 AM
Was just going to report that. I am happy about that as well. And he will have an axe to grind with the Faid. :)

CoachChaz
03-04-2009, 11:42 AM
I like Jordan as well. I think he has something left in the tank and can contribute.

Ziggy
03-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Jordan has size, great hands, and is a very good blocker in the backfield. He's always played hard, even when he was on a Raider team in which half of thier roster had quit doing so. Another solid pickup.

Foochacho
03-04-2009, 11:53 AM
I think he will do great here.

CoachChaz
03-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Jordan has size, great hands, and is a very good blocker in the backfield. He's always played hard, even when he was on a Raider team in which half of thier roster had quit doing so. Another solid pickup.

I think that's what I like best about him. He wants the ball and he's going to give you 110% no matter what the scenario.

dogfish
03-04-2009, 12:04 PM
well, chalk up another guy that knows doogie's system. . . .

CoachChaz
03-04-2009, 12:05 PM
well, chalk up another guy that knows doogie's system. . . .

Okay by me. Gives alot of them a head start

underrated29
03-04-2009, 12:06 PM
He will be our starting RB come opening day. He did good with the jets in backup. He did great for the faiders before he got hurt. he didnt do a whole lot in NE, but obviously, josh liked enough of what he saw to bring him in....

What i like best is his power/strength/vision. In the ZBS he does extremely well. And because he is kinda in the ron dayne mold for body shape its hard to wrap him up. That with his power, and our blocking scheme is great...

I wanted jordan 3 years ago, now we finally got him....Is he going to be a 1500 yarder, i am not sure he has that much left in the tank, but a main staple of our offense, yes.

Northman
03-04-2009, 12:08 PM
He was great at Maryland, probably would of finished his senior season with a bang had they not lost to Schaub and the Mighty Cavaliers that day. :)

But i do believe he had over 300 yds that day or something to that effect. The potential is there if someone is willing to give him a reasonable shot.

broncofaninfla
03-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Does anybody have a link for us signing Jordan? I can't find one. Solid RB no doubt, good addition if it's true.

Northman
03-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Havent seen one yet but Montrose on the Mane mentioned it as well. Hopefully its good info.

dogfish
03-04-2009, 12:32 PM
from KFFL:

Broncos | To sign Jordan
Wed, 04 Mar 2009 08:19:51 -0800

FOXSports.com reports free-agent RB LaMont Jordan (Patriots) has verbally agreed on a two-year, $2.5 million contract with the Denver Broncos, according to league sources who spoke to FOX 31 Denver Wednesday, March 4.

AZBronco
03-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Just saw that we signed another RB, Lamont Jordan...

DENVER - Veteran NFL running back LaMont Jordan has agreed on a 2-year deal with the Denver Broncos, according to NFL sources who spoke to FOX 31's Josina Anderson Wednesday morning.

The sources told Josina that the deal had not been signed yet, but an agreement had been reached for two years and $2.5 million.

Jordan, 30, spent the 2008 season with New England where he carried the ball 80 times for 363 yards and 4 touchdowns.

The 8th-year veteran was in Arizona Monday meeting with the Cardinals organization, Anderson reports.

Jordan's best season was 2005 when he rushed for 1,025 yards and scored 9 rushing TDs and two receiving TDs. He spent the first four seasons of his career with the New York Jets.

keithbishop
03-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Let's hope we're not presented with too many opportunities to yell

"LaMont, You Big Dummy!!"
http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:4DPL9PwnW5aNdM:http://www.tvland.com/photogallery/photos/Sandford13b.jpg

bcbronc
03-04-2009, 03:18 PM
from KFFL:

Broncos | To sign Jordan
Wed, 04 Mar 2009 08:19:51 -0800

FOXSports.com reports free-agent RB LaMont Jordan (Patriots) has verbally agreed on a two-year, $2.5 million contract with the Denver Broncos, according to league sources who spoke to FOX 31 Denver Wednesday, March 4.

if those numbers are accurate, this is a great signing. "great" being relative of course.

dogfish
03-04-2009, 03:41 PM
if those numbers are accurate, this is a great signing. "great" being relative of course.

yea, that's not bad for an experienced back that doesn't have an overwhelming amount of wear and tear and is familiar with the system. . . i still don't love this type of RBBC where you don't have a real gamechanging type of talent in the backfield, and i was holding out hope that we'd take a talented young back in the draft, but i'm not surprised. . . this is how they worked it in new england, and they got solid results, so no shocker that he wants to do the same thing here. . . it's not really the brand of football that i prefer (gotta wonder if they could have beaten the G-men if they had a top back to pound out yards instead of leaving brady constantly exposed to NY's vicious blitzes), but ultimately i understand that results are more important than how you get there. . . if he can make it work it's certainly fine by me-- and if not i'll be here bitching about it. . . :D :lol:

at least bringing in jordan gives us a guy that hasn't broken every year that he's played-- he's had his share of nagging injuries over the years himself, but IMO he's not as delicate as young, torain or buckhalter, and at least we've got another layer of veteran depth for when those guys do start breaking down. . .

bcbronc
03-04-2009, 03:55 PM
yea, that's not bad for an experienced back that doesn't have an overwhelming amount of wear and tear and is familiar with the system. . . i still don't love this type of RBBC where you don't have a real gamechaning type of talent in the backfield, and i was holding out hope that we'd take a talented young back in the draft, but i'm not surprised. . . this is how they worked it in new england, and they got solid results, so no shocker that he wants to do the same thing here. . . it's not really the brand of football that i prefer (gotta wonder if they could have beaten the G-men if they had a top back to pound out yards instead of leaving brady constantly exposed to NY's vicious blitzes), but ultimately i understand that results are more important than how you get there. . . if he can make it work it's certainly fine by me-- and if not i'll be here bitching about it. . . :D :lol:

at least bringing in jordan gives us a guy that hasn't broken every year that he's played-- he's had his share of nagging injuries over the years also, but IMO he's not as delicate as young, torain or buckhalter, and at least we've got another layer of veteran depth for when those guys do start breaking down. . .

they would have beaten the Giants if the much-vaunted NE defense could have come up with one more stop against Eli freakin Manning.

we've got so many needs on the defensive side of the ball, I'm okay with giving a bit of a patch-work RBBC a look for a year. If Torrain bucks the odds and can stay healthy, he might be that back you're looking for. If not, RB moves up the priority list for next off season. but at least Jordan has been pretty healthy so far in his career. That's a nice change of pace. :D

Lonestar
03-04-2009, 03:57 PM
another junk yard dog type, hungry and willing to be a team player

works for me..

bullis26
03-04-2009, 05:10 PM
i dont think we need another power back hillis is our power and torain is a little bit of both buckhalter will work too so now we have Arrington(maybe),Buckhalter, Hillis, Jordan, Torain, Young am i forgetting anybody? lots of average rb's here i'd like to get bell back he playd good for us last year especially against SD but none of these backs really impress me Hillis is by far my favorite though

lex
03-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Our running backs are extremely underwhelming.

atwater27
03-05-2009, 01:19 AM

Even if you were correct in your statement, they don't need to be dominant to win in the "New England Style" offense.

JKcatch724
03-05-2009, 01:55 AM

That's false. I hear Steven Jackson's actually doing quite well.

Simple Jaded
03-05-2009, 02:07 AM
WhatEver! Torain and Buckhalter are most likely competing to see who lands on IR first.......

TXBRONC
03-05-2009, 06:06 AM
I wouldn't want Fred Taylor either anymore.

Taylor has talent but staying healthy enough to stay on the field has always been problematic for him.

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-05-2009, 06:55 AM
lmao, alot said no about james being here..but are happy with jordan. He is here only...because his knowledge of the offense. I think Hillis will see the short yardage carries...waste of money probably.

Traveler
03-05-2009, 09:38 AM
NFL | Jennings to hold private workouts with several teams
Wed, 04 Mar 2009 16:06:13 -0800

JJ Pesavento, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports Liberty RB Rashad Jennings has private workouts scheduled with the Denver Broncos, the San Diego Chargers and the Seattle Seahawks in the near future.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Traveler
03-05-2009, 02:10 PM
NFL | Jennings runs at Pro Day
Thu, 05 Mar 2009 10:57:39 -0800

JJ Pesavento, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports Liberty RB Rashad Jennings ran between 4.42 seconds and 4.45 seconds in the 40-yard yard dash at his Pro Day. The Washington Redskins, the Tennessee Titans, the Denver Broncos, the Indianapolis Colts, the New Orleans Saints, the New England Patriots, the New York Giants, the Cleveland Browns, the Atlanta Falcons and the Carolina Panthers attended the Pro Day.

Northman
03-05-2009, 02:22 PM
NFL | Jennings runs at Pro Day
Thu, 05 Mar 2009 10:57:39 -0800

JJ Pesavento, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports Liberty RB Rashad Jennings ran between 4.42 seconds and 4.45 seconds in the 40-yard yard dash at his Pro Day. The Washington Redskins, the Tennessee Titans, the Denver Broncos, the Indianapolis Colts, the New Orleans Saints, the New England Patriots, the New York Giants, the Cleveland Browns, the Atlanta Falcons and the Carolina Panthers attended the Pro Day.

Thats good news.

Traveler
03-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Thats good news.

I'll say so.. I think he's listed at 235 lbs. I'd be ecstatic if we got get him

xzn
03-05-2009, 02:31 PM
If we want to draft him, wouldn't him blowing up at his workout be BAD NEWS? It just makes it more likely that someone else will grab him...

Besides with all the FA RBs we have signed it looks unlikely we will spend any draft picks on a RB.

Traveler
03-05-2009, 02:35 PM
If we want to draft him, wouldn't him blowing up at his workout be BAD NEWS? It just makes it more likely that someone else will grab him...

Besides with all the FA RBs we have signed it looks unlikely we will spend any draft picks on a RB.

I'm not so sure all of them will make the final roster. But, it doesn't help us that he ran so well at his pro day workout.