PDA

View Full Version : Cutler-Vikings Rumor

BroncoWave
03-03-2009, 01:04 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

Cutler drawing interest from Vikes?
Jay Cutler | Broncos | Interested: Vikings? Lions?
The Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that talks between the Minnesota Vikings and Denver Broncos continued on Monday, and the topic of these talks was a potential trade for quarterback Jay Cutler.
Cutler would be a huge upgrade over any of the players that are slated to compete for the Vikings' starting job and according to the paper, the Vikings first asked about Cutler at the NFL combine in February. In the time since, Minnesota traded a fourth round draft pick to the Houston Texans for Sage Rosenfels. Asked at the press conference to introduce Rosenfels whether the team would also acquire an elite quarterback this offseason, coach Brad Childress told the Star Tribune, "Don't know, I'm not clairvoyant."

A trade for Cutler would not be cheap for Minnesota. For starters, the Vikings would likely have to part ways with this year's first-round draft pick (No. 22 overall), and then supplement that pick with other draft picks or veterans. Denver is also likely seeking some semblance of a quarterback in return, seeing as Cutler's 2008 backup, Patrick Ramsey, is currently an unrestricted free agent.

Northman
03-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Jay would thrive there even though i dont want him to go. They have more stability there than we do here.

CrazyHorse
03-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Hell No!!!

BroncoWave
03-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Jay would thrive there even though i dont want him to go. They have more stability there than we do here.

That team would be ridiculously dangerous with Cutler. They are a QB away from being Super Bowl contenders.

Shazam!
03-03-2009, 01:08 PM
This is getting worse by the minute.

xzn
03-03-2009, 01:14 PM
That rumor has as much substance as freshly spun pink cotton candy....

dogfish
03-03-2009, 01:19 PM
:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

Shazam!
03-03-2009, 01:23 PM
There are 20 or more teams that Cutler would be an upgrade at QB. I don't think it's impossible that Denver isn't receiving calls if they want to part with Cutler.

I wanted Shanahan gone as I thought Denver needed a new direction and I still believe that. But this would have NEVER HAPPENED with Shanahan.

Benetto
03-03-2009, 01:24 PM
This is sooo STUPID....In what sense does anyone trade a 3rd year, probowl QB who has potential to be a star in the league?

If Mcdonald sells the farm, I will have no more faith in my team, than any of these Raiders fans we see crying about Greased up Al and his idiot moves.

xzn
03-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Two words: NEW CONTRACT

underrated29
03-03-2009, 01:26 PM
exactly.....Thats like me saying:

The rams are intersted in Jay, because bulger is always hurt, or the bears, or dolphins, or bills, or panthers or any other team that doesnt have a good qb. And then saying well they need a qb and the broncos need a qb and defense so we will just say that

Jay to the rams for steven jax and bulger.

Its stupid.

Northman
03-03-2009, 01:28 PM
exactly.....Thats like me saying:

The rams are intersted in Jay, because bulger is always hurt, or the bears, or dolphins, or bills, or panthers or any other team that doesnt have a good qb. And then saying well they need a qb and the broncos need a qb and defense so we will just say that

Jay to the rams for steven jax and bulger.

Its stupid.

Maybe change that to Bulger and Chris Long and i might bite. :D

Benetto
03-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Two words: NEW CONTRACT
You mean, Bull shit.

Sign him his new contract....He's a probowler...

SR
03-03-2009, 01:31 PM
I wanted Shanahan gone as I thought Denver needed a new direction and I still believe that. But this would have NEVER HAPPENED with Shanahan.

I've been saying this under my breath since it happened. This kind of shit would have never, ever happened with Shanny at the helm. He is too loyal for this kind of crap.

xzn
03-03-2009, 01:31 PM
You mean, Bull shit.

Sign him his new contract....He's a probowler...

Exactly Benetto...

Claymore had it right!

The ONLY WAY to put all these retarded rumors to bed is to re-do his deal as a clear sign of commitment. :salute:

Dortoh
03-03-2009, 01:32 PM
The only way Jay goes anywhere is if he sent this agent to Denver today to demand it.

Benetto
03-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Its not even noon yet, out there.

BTW...Jay, grow up man..This is a big boy league. Talk to your boss when he wants to discuss something. It might even be smoke screens to get in a FA...

claymore
03-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Calgon take me away......

Italianmobstr7
03-03-2009, 01:36 PM
IT DOES NOT MATTER WHO IS INTERESTED IN HIM. Jay Cutler will NOT be traded. All these rumors are getting annoying. What don't people get? It's not going to happen. The only way he MIGHT have got traded is if Cassel was still available, which he is not. Schefter has been reporting that teams approached the Broncos, not the other way around. He said Denver mulled the idea, and then DECLINED. Denver declined. Not the Patriots. Not the Bucs. Denver declined the trade. They upset Jay by even thinking about trading him. He'll get over it. Xanders and Mcdaniels have both publicly come out and said "We are not trading Jay Cutler." I personally don't think that Bowlen would even let it go down.

skycoyote
03-03-2009, 01:41 PM
The Vikes would be kick ass. Hmmm Id be like Tarkenton all over again.

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-03-2009, 01:43 PM
IT DOES NOT MATTER WHO IS INTERESTED IN HIM. Jay Cutler will NOT be traded. All these rumors are getting annoying. What don't people get? It's not going to happen. The only way he MIGHT have got traded is if Cassel was still available, which he is not. Schefter has been reporting that teams approached the Broncos, not the other way around. He said Denver mulled the idea, and then DECLINED. Denver declined. Not the Patriots. Not the Bucs. Denver declined the trade. They upset Jay by even thinking about trading him. He'll get over it. Xanders and Mcdaniels have both publicly come out and said "We are not trading Jay Cutler." I personally don't think that Bowlen would even let it go down.

Never say never. Cassel has been tagged for one year, and may be available next year. IF a trade goes down I think it would happen before Warner signs a deal.

getlynched47
03-03-2009, 01:46 PM
Seriously......if McDipShit trades Jay Cutler.....I will take a crap on his door step and light it on fire.........

Dortoh
03-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Never say never. Cassel has been tagged for one year, and may be available next year. IF a trade goes down I think it would happen before Warner signs a deal.

Cassel is a mullet now