PDA

View Full Version : what about mcdaniels lying

kingdomdad
03-03-2009, 09:42 AM
mcdaniels is saying he didnt try to trade jay what a slime ball

skycoyote
03-03-2009, 10:19 AM
He is a proven liar how do you think he got a head coaching job.

CoachChaz
03-03-2009, 10:47 AM
Mods...please delete this thread

claymore
03-03-2009, 10:53 AM
mcdaniels is saying he didnt try to trade jay what a slime ball

So far I agree.

CoachChaz
03-03-2009, 10:57 AM
So far I agree.

Based on what? "Sources close to the situation"? Where the hell are those sources now?

Dortoh
03-03-2009, 11:06 AM
To date there is ZERO evidence that the Broncos were actively trying to trade Jay.

Someone made them an offer that included a QB that knows McD's system, heaven forbid they answered the phone and examined the offer.

Kaylore
03-03-2009, 11:08 AM
Not one team has said that the Broncos initiated the trades. The only people that say he was shopped are members of the media who admit that they no longer receive contact information from the Broncos.

Nick
03-03-2009, 11:14 AM
I still do not think they we were shopping Cutler. The bucs tested the QB market an proabably made a call in in inquire about our QB and TE. That is very common at this time of the year.

Dortoh
03-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Obviously the best way to avoid this in the future is Dove Valley needs to start screening its phone calls :)

claymore
03-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Based on what? "Sources close to the situation"? Where the hell are those sources now?

Cause he said Cutler was the man before all this happened. He could have ended all this by saying "Other teams called, and when the said Cutlers name, I laughed and hung up". Instead supposedley he listened.

CoachChaz
03-03-2009, 11:36 AM
Cause he said Cutler was the man before all this happened. He could have ended all this by saying "Other teams called, and when the said Cutlers name, I laughed and hung up". Instead supposedley he listened.

I WANT HIM TO LISTEN. Jay is NOT Jesus. There are better alternatives out there that could make continued improvements to this team and if my head coach and GM are not willing to listen to them, I have a problem with that. Obviously, they werent presented an offer that made the team better and so it was rejected.

What the hell has Cutler done that would make someone immediately laugh and hang up?

outdoor_miner
03-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Not one team has said that the Broncos initiated the trades. The only people that say he was shopped are members of the media who admit that they no longer receive contact information from the Broncos.

This is what I don't understand... Why are people so convinced that the Broncos were actively shopping Jay? All we've heard are "sources" reported by the Media. If you were a GM of a rival team (say the Chiefs or Patriots) wouldn't you pounce on the opportunity to create chaos amongst your opponent by distributing false information? Heck, and team in the league has a lot to gain by doing this because it: a) weakens the Broncos and b) increases the likelihood that a franchise-caliber quarterback becomes available this year or in the near future. There have only been anonymous sources spreading this info, and until someone is willing to put a name behind it, it is all just rumor. I have no doubt that the Broncos listened to an offer, and likely even considered it (which is essentially what McDaniels confired)... However, to act like anyone knows whether Cutler was "actively shopped" is ludicrous. We have nothing reliable to base that on.

OB
03-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Quite frankly this whole patriots/broncos and now chiefs deal is starting to make me highly suspicious and its starting to piss me off with the amount of distraction from the true GOAL (which is building a winning football team) this has caused/is causing

Dortoh
03-03-2009, 11:41 AM
I WANT HIM TO LISTEN. Jay is NOT Jesus. There are better alternatives out there that could make continued improvements to this team and if my head coach and GM are not willing to listen to them, I have a problem with that. Obviously, they werent presented an offer that made the team better and so it was rejected.

What the hell has Cutler done that would make someone immediately laugh and hang up?

I'm going to take a beating for this post :)

I agree 100% with you. To date Jay has lived off potential and glimpses of greatness. He has yet to lead "his" team anywhere.

Flame away

claymore
03-03-2009, 11:42 AM

In his three years Hes put up comparable or better numbers than almost every great NFL qb ever.

And Unless the team called and said I will give you every pick we have for 2 years, I dont want them to listen.

dbfan4life
03-03-2009, 11:44 AM
To date there is ZERO evidence that the Broncos were actively trying to trade Jay.

Someone made them an offer that included a QB that knows McD's system, heaven forbid they answered the phone and examined the offer.

On the flip side of that, there is zero evidence that Jay requeseted a trade after Mike/Bates were let go - at least according to Jay's agent.

These two sides really need to get together and hash this stuff out already.

CoachChaz
03-03-2009, 11:44 AM
In his three years Hes put up comparable or better numbers than almost every great NFL qb ever.

And Unless the team called and said I will give you every pick we have for 2 years, I dont want them to listen.

He has also put up the same numbers and made similar mistakes that Plummer did in the same system. What does that prove?

claymore
03-03-2009, 11:47 AM
He has also put up the same numbers and made similar mistakes that Plummer did in the same system. What does that prove?

It Proves that Jake was a perenial rookie.

silkamilkamonico
03-03-2009, 11:51 AM

Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome post.

It's actually logical, and not biased.

CoachChaz
03-03-2009, 11:53 AM
It Proves that Jake was a perenial rookie.

Are you kidding me? When Jay does it, it makes him immortal, but anyone else sucks. I dont even know what to say

silkamilkamonico
03-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Jay and his 17 points per game down the 4 game stretch when we needed him most to make the playoffs was legendary. If only he had a defense that didn't give up 17 points per game.

And I actually really like the guy.

D1g1tal j1m
03-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Jay has put up the numbers and I would have said that he was untouchable if we didn't blow the Division lead at then end of last year. What matters are the wins and losses that a QB has and whether he can elevate the team offense to score when it needs to. Last year he made a ton of mistakes that killed drives and sulked when the chips were down.
I hope he can flourish next year with a healthy stable of RB's that can take the pressure off of him and a non-suspended Marshall catching the ball and making plays down the stretch.
Right now Jay is a sub .500 QB at 17-20, here's to hoping he can take the team to the playoffs. Isn't that the reason we jettisoned Plummer, due to the belief that Cutler gave us the best chance to get to the SB?

Medford Bronco
03-03-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm going to take a beating for this post :)

I agree 100% with you. To date Jay has lived off potential and glimpses of greatness. He has yet to lead "his" team anywhere.

Flame away

I see some good (last year vs Oakand in game 1, Cleveland game and the SD game (game 1)

and some really bad, the Miami game, the KC game at KC, the 2nd Oakland game and the Buffalo game - which to me led to this whole mess anyways.

so inconsistency.

also stats are so overrated it is not even funny. Lots of yards passing can mean you are losing a lot, yes the defense had a HUGE impact as well but Cutler deseves some of the blame as well.

a fanbase that should be poed that their QB might not come back in Arizona.

the QB that led them out of the doldrums to the Super Bowl was lowballed, which is laugable and is why the are the Arizona Cardinals.

they should keep him at all costs and try for another run at a Super Bowl and not let him finish his potential HOF career elsewhere.

If we traded Cutler I would love him for 2 years while we groomed a younger QB. He would bridge the gap and keep us at least a contender for a WC while in rebuild mode as well.

Yes here come more :flame: :target:

claymore
03-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Are you kidding me? When Jay does it, it makes him immortal, but anyone else sucks. I dont even know what to say

Jay Broke Plummers Record in the same system, as a 3rd year QB. Jay is a young QB, Plummer was a seasoned vet. There is a difference.

claymore
03-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Jay has put up the numbers and I would have said that he was untouchable if we didn't blow the Division lead at then end of last year. What matters are the wins and losses that a QB has and whether he can elevate the team offense to score when it needs to. Last year he made a ton of mistakes that killed drives and sulked when the chips were down.
I hope he can flourish next year with a healthy stable of RB's that can take the pressure off of him and a non-suspended Marshall catching the ball and making plays down the stretch.
Right now Jay is a sub .500 QB at 17-20, here's to hoping he can take the team to the playoffs. Isn't that the reason we jettisoned Plummer, due to the belief that Cutler gave us the best chance to get to the SB?

Had had the wrost defense in the league. Maybe not by the numbers, but it was the worst defense in the league, Maybe even In the history of football.

silkamilkamonico
03-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Jay Broke Plummers Record in the same system, as a 3rd year QB. Jay is a young QB, Plummer was a seasoned vet. There is a difference.

I wonder if he would have ever broke Brian Griese's 19 TD's and 4 interception ratio record. That was in Griese's 3rd year too.

CoachChaz
03-03-2009, 12:05 PM

Enough to call Jay the next HOF QB? Not yet

claymore
03-03-2009, 12:10 PM
I wonder if he would have ever broke Brian Griese's 19 TD's and 4 interception ratio record. That was in Griese's 3rd year too.

That was in 10 games. He also had a very good offense, pretty good defense and ST's.

Dortoh
03-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Jake managed to make rookie mistakes even when the playbook at been cut down and he was only asked to read 1/2 of the field.

:behindsofa:

claymore
03-03-2009, 12:13 PM

I never said that, its impossible to tell. But he is the best chance we have for the forseeable future to have another HOF QB. Trading him would have set us back years unless the compensation was huge.

Devilspawn
03-03-2009, 12:14 PM
A lying young coach. :confused: So... freakin... familiar.

Can't wait to hear Bowlen's thoughts on all this.

D1g1tal j1m
03-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Had had the wrost defense in the league. Maybe not by the numbers, but it was the worst defense in the league, Maybe even In the history of football.

Agreed. All phases of the team failed down the stretch, the D, the Special Teams, and the Offense. We need to look at improving every aspect. Hopefully Jay can learn from this experience and helps to show him that nothing is a given and the NFL truly mean "Not For Long" if you don't produce the Wins.

silkamilkamonico
03-03-2009, 12:17 PM
That was in 10 games. He also had a very good offense, pretty good defense and ST's.

And 2 games played with a separated shoulder.

Just think if he was healthy the entire season, he would have finished with a ratio of 30 TD's and 6 int's.

Then again, if he would have folded down the stretch like Cutler did, when it mattered most, probably not.

silkamilkamonico
03-03-2009, 12:18 PM
I never said that, its impossible to tell. But he is the best chance we have for the forseeable future to have another HOF QB. Trading him would have set us back years unless the compensation was huge.

He gives us the best chance to win in the immediate future, I certainly won't agree with that.

He has a LONG ways to go to even be mentioned in a HoF argument.

sanluis
03-03-2009, 12:20 PM
McDaniel's is saying he didnt try to trade jay what a slime ball

Slime ball??!!

McDaniel's lying? Cutler crying.... I don't buy all this media induced BS! And Cutler shouldn't ether. It is the off season and we need stuff to talk about but this is really getting weird in Pony land. I know you guys are used to every thing being the same with Shanny and you may have your doubts about the new direction but give it a chance for crying out loud!

All this hand ringing may be for nothing when the season actually gets here and the team is on the field.

Denver listened to a offer and now the front office has been crucified. :shocked:

Wow!! :lol:

Take a chill pill!!:listen:

Thnikkaman
03-03-2009, 12:48 PM
I am now of the opinion that this "source" is trying to sabotage the Broncos and force their hand into trading Jay Cutler. This whole situation stinks of bull shit and is an example of immature people handling a non issue very badly on both sides.

I want to see where we are in late July/August. If the press and people would just let this die, it would.

D1g1tal j1m
03-03-2009, 01:04 PM
I do think this is a media induced fiasco. Just yesterday on ESPN they had a panel discuss the possibility of a Jay Cutler for Donovan McNabb trade straight up. Then discussed the merits of such a trade and how it would help each team.
The talking heads need something to talk about and discuss otherwise they won't have a job.

CoachChaz
03-03-2009, 01:10 PM
I do think this is a media induced fiasco. Just yesterday on ESPN they had a panel discuss the possibility of a Jay Cutler for Donovan McNabb trade straight up. Then discussed the merits of such a trade and how it would help each team.
The talking heads need something to talk about and discuss otherwise they won't have a job.

The scary part is this could be very true. I just dont want to deal a young crybaby for an old one

claymore
03-03-2009, 01:27 PM

Just think if he was healthy the entire season, he would have finished with a ratio of 30 TD's and 6 int's.

Then again, if he would have folded down the stretch like Cutler did, when it mattered most, probably not.

Whatever. Your speaking in hypotheticals and what if's. Fact is Griese has been on 4 teams in his career. And he only plays when the starter gets hurt.

turftoad
03-03-2009, 01:28 PM

No, not yet is right. However.................. enough to call him a Pro Bowler.

claymore
03-03-2009, 01:30 PM
He gives us the best chance to win in the immediate future, I certainly won't agree with that.

He has a LONG ways to go to even be mentioned in a HoF argument.

Then who gives a better Chance?

silkamilkamonico
03-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Whatever. Your speaking in hypotheticals and what if's. Fact is Griese has been on 4 teams in his career. And he only plays when the starter gets hurt.

I agree. Goies to show just how QB friendly the system is that Jay played under Shanahan, and the hypothetical still doesn't remove the fact that in Griese's 3rd year, he not only learned how to limit TO's, he had an astounding TD's per game, and even more TD/int ratio.

Then who gives a better Chance?

Better chance for what? HoF? Let's just worry about getting a QB in here, whether it's Cutler or not, that can at least get us to the playoffs.

Talks about Cutler, and the HoF, shouldn't even take place for another 7 years. And that's assuming he continues to put up the stats he is now.

claymore
03-03-2009, 02:31 PM
I agree. Goies to show just how QB friendly the system is that Jay played under Shanahan, and the hypothetical still doesn't remove the fact that in Griese's 3rd year, he not only learned how to limit TO's, he had an astounding TD's per game, and even more TD/int ratio.

Better chance for what? HoF? Let's just worry about getting a QB in here, whether it's Cutler or not, that can at least get us to the playoffs.

Talks about Cutler, and the HoF, shouldn't even take place for another 7 years. And that's assuming he continues to put up the stats he is now.
It is a good QB system. Griese and Plummer also had viable runningbacks. What Cutler did last year was amazing considering he had to throw every down, and everyone in the stadium knew it.

Plummer, nor Griese could have excelled under those circumstances.

Cutler in the HOF, is laughable, hypothetical, but it is also plausabile. He gives us the best chance at having a Great QB under center right now and the future. He is the best QB the Broncos have had since John Elway, better than any QB we have had before John Elway, and in the end could be better than John Elway......

I myself want to find out where he fits in to that argument 10-13 years down the road.

Lonestar
03-03-2009, 02:38 PM

over on broncosfreak :laugh:

Lonestar
03-03-2009, 02:48 PM
On the flip side of that, there is zero evidence that Jay requeseted a trade after Mike/Bates were let go - at least according to Jay's agent.

These two sides really need to get together and hash this stuff out already.

which is what the Head Coach, GM and Owner wanted to do..

but cutler has decided he can't handle an adult conversation at this time..

What/Who is wrong here?

getlynched47
03-03-2009, 02:52 PM
This shit is getting ridiculous :doh:

get Jay Cutler and Josh McDaniels on Oprah or Dr. Phil and end this stupid shit

Lonestar
03-03-2009, 02:57 PM

maybe not quite that good a ratio, but certainly better than almost 1:1 like cutler was near last year..

2:1 is good 4:1 is great 5:1 is on the moon..

Dortoh
03-03-2009, 03:03 PM
It is a good QB system. Griese and Plummer also had viable runningbacks. What Cutler did last year was amazing considering he had to throw every down, and everyone in the stadium knew it.

Plummer, nor Griese could have excelled under those circumstances.

Cutler in the HOF, is laughable, hypothetical, but it is also plausabile. He gives us the best chance at having a Great QB under center right now and the future. He is the best QB the Broncos have had since John Elway, better than any QB we have had before John Elway, and in the end could be better than John Elway......

I myself want to find out where he fits in to that argument 10-13 years down the road.

Great post

Like I've been saying IMO Cutler is acting like a bitch but he is our bitch :lol: