PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft Kickoff

Denver Native (Carol)
01-17-2012, 10:46 PM
All 4 on here have the Broncos picking Jerel Worthy - DT - Michigan St.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/mock-drafts?module=HP11_hot_topics

Nick
01-17-2012, 11:00 PM
mods please move to draft forum ;)

These guys do an ok job at selecting need for teams but can tell they do not know to much about prospects.

I bet Fletcher Cox goes above him and Worthy is not a first round talent IMO

I rather trade out, up, or get BPA

Ziggy
01-17-2012, 11:08 PM
mods please move to draft forum ;)

These guys do an ok job at selecting need for teams but can tell they do not know to much about prospects.

I bet Fletcher Cox goes above him and Worthy is not a first round talent IMO

I rather trade out, up, or get BPA

By the time the combine is over, Worthy will be a first round pick, and possibly the 2nd DT taken in the draft.

dogfish
01-17-2012, 11:38 PM

not as much as savvy forum posters, certainly. . . :laugh:

Nick
01-18-2012, 12:17 AM
By the time the combine is over, Worthy will be a first round pick, and possibly the 2nd DT taken in the draft.

He will be 4th - 5th DT taken probably at best. That is not saying a lot at DT. This is a weak draft class. Regardless of those draft sites, say. I bet Poe and Ta'amu even get selected above him.

This reminds me Marvin Austin going in late 2md and people wanting in first and how he was one of the top DT's.

Or Sen'Derrick Marks being the top DT.

Or even Raji not going at top of frst round a year prior drafted... I got heat for that one how he was not going till 3rd round by everyone (Though Brace would have went higher.. Pat's always get BPA)

Seems like every year before because at time DT was a big need for the Broncos. Seeing everyone scream about not selecting a certain DT and him not being picked until the 4th-5th round.

This is no different... I bet he does not go in 1st round.

Tebowtime2011
01-18-2012, 12:58 AM
Unfortunately we will get a rb 1st round because john fox is focused heavily on the rushing attack and will draft a rb even though it is not the broncos biggest need

VonSackemMiller
01-18-2012, 01:01 AM
Theres really only one first round RB in this draft so i doubt it. If we did draft richardson i would be stoked though. But hell be long gone by time we draft.

jhildebrand
01-18-2012, 01:17 AM

Funny thing is Alfred and DMAC got to talking about Worthy on the show today. Alfred says he doesn't like him or the Penn State kid.

He did say the DT he liked, and will have a meteoric rise to and from the combine, is Brandon Thompson at Clemson. Having watched some Clemson this year, I can say the kid is disruptive and a force.

Ziggy
01-18-2012, 01:22 AM
Funny thing is Alfred and DMAC got to talking about Worthy on the show today. Alfred says he doesn't like him or the Penn State kid.

He did say the DT he liked, and will have a meteoric rise to and from the combine, is Brandon Thompson at Clemson. Having watched some Clemson this year, I can say the kid is disruptive and a force.

Alfred Williams is one of the worst talent evaluators on the radio. I love the way he played, but he sucks at evaluating players. He was high on Jarvis Moss forever, has stated that the Broncos should let Bunkley walk, and thinks that Joe Mays is a solid MLB. Nuff said.

Nick
01-18-2012, 01:45 AM

I like Thompson but also Devon Still. I could see a team picking either one over another. I would say Thompson is better at the run while stills is better at the past. You have a guy taking a double team like Thompson though you could free up von though.

I think both gone before our selection sadly.

Nick
01-18-2012, 02:04 AM
Alfred Williams is one of the worst talent evaluators on the radio. I love the way he played, but he sucks at evaluating players. He was high on Jarvis Moss forever, has stated that the Broncos should let Bunkley walk, and thinks that Joe Mays is a solid MLB. Nuff said.

Moss was my 5th DE back in 07 and wanted BPA. Man I wanted 20 other players besides him.

Ziggy
01-18-2012, 02:12 AM
Moss was my 5th DE back in 07 and wanted BPA. Man I wanted 20 other players besides him.

The fact that the Broncos traded up to get him was just salt in the wound.

WARHORSE
01-18-2012, 02:21 AM
Doug Wilson is my sleeper pick of choice. If we got him in the third, I would be stoked. I think hes an Emmit type once he puts on a little more muscle.

Ziggy
01-18-2012, 02:25 AM
Doug Wilson is my sleeper pick of choice. If we got him in the third, I would be stoked. I think hes an Emmit type once he puts on a little more muscle.

I assume you're talking about Doug Martin, or David Wilson?

CoachChaz
01-18-2012, 09:48 AM
Cox, Still Thompson and even Poe would be my choices before Worthy

Lancane
01-18-2012, 09:55 AM
With how Fox likes to rush the passer and utilizes the attacking defense, my money is on Cox being the main target in round one.

NightTerror218
01-18-2012, 12:21 PM
I do not like the Worthy pick. He seems to be good when he wants to, he goes through bursts and then will disappear for rest of game and do nothing.

EHawbs
01-18-2012, 12:29 PM
I don't like the idea of drafting a DT late in the first round. The biggest issues with DT is work ethic. A lot of DT's are dominant in college when the only thing that matters is strength and size. In the NFL, you have to have strength, size, a quick first step and a STRONG work ethic. I am probably going to hear a lot of crap for this but I love Vontaze Burfict, MLB from ASU. He seems like a bit of a head case, but he is beast at times. We need a passionate, almost dirty MLB in the middle of our defense. Take a risk on a raw DT in the 3rd or 4th round, resign Bunkley and hope Warren can be healthy this year.

underrated29
01-18-2012, 12:31 PM
I strongly doubt its RB.

He would like lamar miller but we have currently:

mcgahee, knowshon, ball, fannin, johnson, xavier omon <--i liked him coming out 3-4 years ago. I bet he beats all them out for #3 this year behind mcgahee and knowshon.

So i think its DB, DT, MLB- in that order. I still think they look at Minnifield. Hes my pick right now.

underrated29
01-18-2012, 12:33 PM
I don't like the idea of drafting a DT late in the first round. The biggest issues with DT is work ethic. A lot of DT's are dominant in college when the only thing that matters is strength and size. In the NFL, you have to have strength, size, a quick first step and a STRONG work ethic. I am probably going to hear a lot of crap for this but I love Vontaze Burfict, MLB from ASU. He seems like a bit of a head case, but he is beast at times. We need a passionate, almost dirty MLB in the middle of our defense. Take a risk on a raw DT in the 3rd or 4th round, resign Bunkley and hope Warren can be healthy this year.

If vontaze falls to us, you pretty much have to take him. There might be another guy or two that falls also which would trump him, but if he is there at 25 or wherever we pick..It needs to be done.

EHawbs
01-18-2012, 12:37 PM
If vontaze falls to us, you pretty much have to take him. There might be another guy or two that falls also which would trump him, but if he is there at 25 or wherever we pick..It needs to be done.

I hear is dropping due to his benching for the bowl game. He had some run-ins with the coaching staff and that might scare some teams off. With that Luke Keuchly (spelling) from Boston College and Donta Hightower being available as well, he might fall to the end of the first. One thing I think we do have with the Broncos is strong leadership. I would hope Burfict could fall in line, if we were lucky enough to get him.

cuzz4169
01-18-2012, 01:13 PM
This team needs talent. I love the kid from Clemson in second round i also like the kid from LSU. But I am in love with Lamar Miller. Great speed, Great vision, can break tackles, change of direction is great. His feet remind me of Clinton Portis. Would be a steal if we get him with 25th pick. We have a 30yr old RB carrying the load with no legit RB to split carries with him. Was a huge drop off at the RB position when willis would come out. Denver needs a game breaker at RB. As for Moreno, he will be gone this off season.

jhildebrand
01-18-2012, 01:38 PM

Alfred Williams also said Von Miller could be the #1 or #2 pick in the draft MONTHS ahead of anybody else to the point DMAC and Schlereth scoffed.

Also, to understand the Bunkley talk you need the context and background to understand why he said that.

Joe Mays, he sucks and Al is way off base on that!

underrated29
01-18-2012, 01:59 PM
As for Moreno, he will be gone this off season.

No he wont. He still has 1 year on his contract left and currently there is NO ONE on the roster capable of beating him out for the 1B spot with mcgahee.

NightTerror218
01-18-2012, 02:14 PM
No he wont. He still has 1 year on his contract left and currently there is NO ONE on the roster capable of beating him out for the 1B spot with mcgahee.

Lance Ball has been better.

Nick
01-18-2012, 02:29 PM
I hear is dropping due to his benching for the bowl game. He had some run-ins with the coaching staff and that might scare some teams off. With that Luke Keuchly (spelling) from Boston College and Donta Hightower being available as well, he might fall to the end of the first. One thing I think we do have with the Broncos is strong leadership. I would hope Burfict could fall in line, if we were lucky enough to get him.

I like hightower. Have not seen enough of burfict but when I saw him he looked phenomenal one sec and horrible next play.

dogfish
01-18-2012, 02:39 PM
I strongly doubt its RB.

He would like lamar miller but we have currently:

mcgahee, knowshon, ball, fannin, johnson, xavier omon

so, basically we just have mcgahee. . . .

yea, we're getting more backs this year. . . doesn't have to be our first pick, but no way a team that likes to run as much as we do goes into next year with that sorry-ass depth. . .

there will be in a couple of months. . . ;)

Superchop 7
01-18-2012, 02:42 PM
I get DeCastro.....period.

Trade up.

claymore
01-18-2012, 02:43 PM
so, basically we just have mcgahee. . . .

yea, we're getting more backs this year. . . doesn't have to be our first pick, but no way a team that likes to run as much as we do goes into next year with that sorry-ass depth. . .

there will be in a couple of months. . . ;)

We were lucky to get McGahee, and that he was such a stud. Love that dude.

dogfish
01-18-2012, 02:48 PM
We were lucky to get McGahee, and that he was such a stud. Love that dude.

he had a lot more left than i expected-- but he's old, and we'd be foolish to rely so heavily on him going forward. . . fox likes to have a serious stable of backs-- i don't see any way he's happy with a bunch of camp fodder dudes as his depth. . . willis gave us 250 carries this year-- we should probably be aiming for about 200 next year. . . we need somebody else who's capable of carrying the mail, and i think the odds are extrememly high that it'll be a high priority for the FO. . .

underrated29
01-18-2012, 03:12 PM
he had a lot more left than i expected-- but he's old, and we'd be foolish to rely so heavily on him going forward. . . fox likes to have a serious stable of backs-- i don't see any way he's happy with a bunch of camp fodder dudes as his depth. . . willis gave us 250 carries this year-- we should probably be aiming for about 200 next year. . . we need somebody else who's capable of carrying the mail, and i think the odds are extrememly high that it'll be a high priority for the FO. . .

Oh its definitely going to happen! I just do not think with our first round pick.

Fox has already said they want to keep Mcgahee around 20 carries a game max. So he will be seeing a reduction for sure, thank god. Otherwise we'd run him into the ground by week 3.

Lets not also forget that the Broncos were on the phone thinking about/trying to trade up when Ingram was still on the board. In the draft room video they brought the RB coach in and everything. So they could definitely trade up if lamar miller falls to mid 2nd.

Lance ball is definitely not a better RB then moreno and you could see the significant drop off.

I havent looked at the RD2 Rbs, but thats how I see it. CB in 1 and RB in 2. (unless we get one in FA)

EHawbs
01-18-2012, 03:17 PM

Agreed. Fox will want more talent at the running back position and Knowsho is a bust. Can't stay healthy and if he gets touched, he is going down. I do think, or I guess I hope, that our FO sees that you can get quality backs, especially scat back type, in the later rounds. Like previously mentioned, I like LaMichael James in the 2nd or 3rd quite a bit.

Elevation inc
01-18-2012, 05:24 PM
worhty was a very good DT last year all year long but this year he was wildly inconsistent and took a few games off not just plays but games...Pass please I have him as a rd 2 prospect with a good pash rush and POA skill set but poor work ethic .....give me a CB in rd 1 and call it a day.....

NightTerror218
01-18-2012, 06:09 PM
based on Fox's team in carolina he likes BPA and he also likes his LBs and RBs. Carolina had some good LBs and RBs.

He could push for more of them in draft.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-18-2012, 06:49 PM
not as much as savvy forum posters, certainly. . . :laugh:

Thank you.

VonSackemMiller
01-18-2012, 11:55 PM
You cant go wrong with a Miami RB though i must admit.

Dapper Dan
01-19-2012, 12:06 AM
mods please move to draft forum

LTC Pain
01-19-2012, 05:43 PM
My personal preferences, as I see the team, are to focus on CB/DT/RB in the first three rounds and O-line depth/WR/LB in the later rounds. But taking BPA in every round is the way to go. And I have no idea what "holes" the Broncos will fill in FA signings before the draft.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-21-2012, 03:10 PM
The more I think about it, I really could see EFX going w/ Lamar Miller at 25. That's about where he should be going. I know Ingram fell last year, but some of that had to do w/ all those mediocre QBs being reached for. Unless EFX has their eyes on someone later, Miller could seriously be the guy. Don't forget the shocking pick that was Jon Stewart when Foxxy already had DeAngelo. EFX aren't stupid. They know they have ZERO dependable RBs. Even McGahee is oft-injured and fumbles once per game. I could see us actually taking 2 RBs...unless we grab someone via FA.

LTC Pain
01-21-2012, 03:54 PM
The more I think about it, I really could see EFX going w/ Lamar Miller at 25. That's about where he should be going. I know Ingram fell last year, but some of that had to do w/ all those mediocre QBs being reached for. Unless EFX has their eyes on someone later, Miller could seriously be the guy. Don't forget the shocking pick that was Jon Stewart when Foxxy already had DeAngelo. EFX aren't stupid. They know they have ZERO dependable RBs. Even McGahee is oft-injured and fumbles once per game. I could see us actually taking 2 RBs...unless we grab someone via FA.

McGahee/Miller/Hillis/Bell? Moreno on PUP list?

TXBRONC
01-21-2012, 04:29 PM

I saw parts of Clemson games and the guy that caught my eye was their tight end.