PDA

View Full Version : Who the heck is DT Darrell Reid?

sneakers
03-03-2009, 06:09 AM
Apparently we just signed him.

broncosinindy
03-03-2009, 06:48 AM
DE/DT from indy. A special teamer. who will get a look at yes LB. If he loses a few lbs he could be a SOLB

SoCalImport
03-03-2009, 07:14 AM
LBr? I thought He projected at DE.
Meh..

Ziggy
03-03-2009, 09:45 AM
DE/DT from indy. A special teamer. who will get a look at yes LB. If he loses a few lbs he could be a SOLB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0YAhpcrCLg

broncosinindy
03-03-2009, 12:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0YAhpcrCLg

Guys dont shot the messenger.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20090301/SPORTS03/903010396/1100

Darrell Reid's stint as a special teams standout with the Indianapolis Colts translated into a big payday from the Denver Broncos.

An unrestricted free agent, Reid agreed to a three-year, $6.8 million contract with the Broncos on Saturday, according to his agent, Blake Baratz.

Reid, 26, appeared in 55 regular-season games with the Colts the past four seasons after signing as an undrafted rookie in 2005. He started only twice at defensive tackle but emerged as one of the league's premier special-teams contributors.

Reid routinely delivered highlight-type hits while leading the Colts in special-teams tackles the past two seasons and ranking second in 2006.

It's believed the Broncos are considering moving the 6-2, 288-pound Reid to outside linebacker in their 3-4 defense.

silkamilkamonico
03-03-2009, 12:05 PM
That's a big LB.

I love that the new regime is really focusing on fixing the special teams. Our special teams have been horrible since.....forever.

Dortoh
03-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Guys dont shot the messenger.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20090301/SPORTS03/903010396/1100

Darrell Reid's stint as a special teams standout with the Indianapolis Colts translated into a big payday from the Denver Broncos.

An unrestricted free agent, Reid agreed to a three-year, $6.8 million contract with the Broncos on Saturday, according to his agent, Blake Baratz.

Reid, 26, appeared in 55 regular-season games with the Colts the past four seasons after signing as an undrafted rookie in 2005. He started only twice at defensive tackle but emerged as one of the league's premier special-teams contributors.

Reid routinely delivered highlight-type hits while leading the Colts in special-teams tackles the past two seasons and ranking second in 2006.

It's believed the Broncos are considering moving the 6-2, 288-pound Reid to outside linebacker in their 3-4 defense.

At worst atleast coach McD realizes our special teams were short bus special.

Gamechanger
03-03-2009, 12:06 PM
he's only good for ST coverage...other than that, dnt get ya hopes up

an OLB though? :pound:

Kaylore
03-03-2009, 12:31 PM
He'll play the 5 tech.

broncofaninfla
03-03-2009, 12:41 PM
A special teams stand out to play LB, didn't we try that with Kato last year?

Gamechanger
03-03-2009, 12:53 PM
He'll play the 5 tech.

:pound:

Kaylore
03-03-2009, 01:09 PM
:pound:

What you think he's going to play nose? He's like 285. He can't play linebacker either. If you think he can play NT then you should be laughing at yourself.

Gamechanger
03-03-2009, 01:15 PM
What you think he's going to play nose? He's like 285. He can't play linebacker either. If you think he can play NT then you should be laughing at yourself.

for one when he was playing for us, when he was on the line he was ALWAYS put out of position, pushed around like a rag-doll, he has no motor as a down lineman and he's SLOW

notice he couldn't crack our starting line-up either, that should tell you something

so when you said he could play the 5 tech. I laughed, you obviously did not watch any of his games until now

Reid is a pure special teamer

Reid a 5 tech......:pound:

Kaylore
03-03-2009, 01:25 PM
for one when he was playing for us, when he was on the line he was ALWAYS put out of position, pushed around like a rag-doll, he has no motor as a down lineman and he's SLOW

notice he couldn't crack our starting line-up either, that should tell you something

so when you said he could play the 5 tech. I laughed, you obviously did not watch any of his games until now

Reid is a pure special teamer

Reid a 5 tech......:pound:

:lol: Really? What game was he out of position for us on? I'd love for you educate me on this guy.

Gamechanger
03-03-2009, 01:34 PM
:lol: Really? What game was he out of position for us on? I'd love for you educate me on this guy.

the best example I can give you at the moment is the game against the Texans in 06 it was 3 & goal at the 8 yard line and it was an obvious run play (though the run D was shit this was an unforgivable play IMO) Reid penetrated the gap to where Ron Dayne was making the cutback and he had him one one one, all he had to do was wrap him up; he whiffed and let RON FREAKIN DAYNE run over him and waltz in the end zone

:tsk:

Kaylore
03-03-2009, 01:40 PM
the best example I can give you at the moment is the game against the Texans in 06 it was 3 & goal at the 8 yard line and it was an obvious run play (though the run D was shit this was an unforgivable play IMO) Reid penetrated the gap to where Ron Dayne was making the cutback and he had him one one one, all he had to do was wrap him up; he whiffed and let RON FREAKIN DAYNE run over him and waltz in the end zone

:tsk:

Well he wasn't much more productive than the guy you have starting right now. A 3-4 end only has to engage blocks. It's not as critical he get penetration so much as he commands some semblance of a double team. He might not even start and it's not like we signed him to big or even average money. 3 years and 6.8 million is basically a little more than double the vet minimum a year. Good special teams players that can play on the line are always a positive especially when they're cheap. Both our ST and defense sucked last year, so we'll take anything that makes us better.

Gamechanger
03-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Well he wasn't much more productive than the guy you have starting right now. A 3-4 end only has to engage blocks. It's not as critical he get penetration so much as he commands some semblance of a double team. He might not even start and it's not like we signed him to big or even average money. 3 years and 6.8 million is basically a little more than double the vet minimum a year. Good special teams players that can play on the line are always a positive especially when they're cheap. Both our ST and defense sucked last year, so we'll take anything that makes us better.

my main thing is that he's only a good STer, just hope he can knock people out like he did before