PDA

View Full Version : What would you do going forward???

echobravo
01-17-2012, 05:46 PM
Hi there:welcome:

Everybody has an opinion on what the team should do. Here is your chance to play at being John Elway, NFL executive!

I will start with the simple and shallow. Since the team is going back to orange next year, bring back the D logo for chrissake! Also throw in the blue pants for road games once in a while. Always hated the surrender unis.

Now on to important things, If Mike McCoy is not hired by another team, fire him. Find an OC who knows what the hell he is doing. Be willing to find new blood. The carousel of coordinators has made the whole league vanilla. Also replace the o-line coach.

We need to build the core of this team. O-line and D-line are critical. Build the team as if you expect Timmy to become an NFL passer. That way if he fails to live up to your expectations, the talent is built for a QB you bring in to replace him. Throwing a rookie in the mix right now would be senseless. Just cause he can throw better than Timmy does not make the team around him any more talented. The quarterback should be the cherry on the top of the sundae, not the bowl it is served in.

Just a few thoughts I had...:salute:

cmc0605
01-17-2012, 06:15 PM
First, I would put much more emphasis on the defense this year then on the offense; the latter I think can evolve just based on coaching and having a lot of young players with a year more experience under their belts. One thing this team lacks is year-to-year chemistry, consistency, and identity (if I recall correctly, we're one of the worst in the league at keeping our draft picks for more than a couple years). Keeping the core of this unit would be a good thing.

I have no issues with letting McCoy go. We need better playcalling, and I think he/Fox did good utilizing Tebow's ability, but one that can utilize Tebow's strength of running and making "backyard football" plays while at the same time opening up screens, traditional passing routes, bootlegs, etc and in a more strategic fashion. Part of this rests on a gamble on how well Tebow evolves, but we can't keep running on first down all day, or running on 3rd and 8. The option stuff kept defenses off balance and helped with our run success, but we were poor in point production and staying on the field. A lot of that can change with scheme. I think we need to bring in a RB soon, but can't afford to emphasize this this year (see below) and would stick with McGahee-Ball-Moreno this year., unless we can get a cheap free agent.

I don't see the need to do much with the o line, which I really don't understand the criticism of, since they were one of the top units in the league and helped generate "all day long" situations for Tebow to throw and blocked for the best NFL rushing team. Except for the NE game, they were mostly solid, and is one of the reasons why the style of Tebow running around for 20 seconds and throwing a deep bomb worked. Moreover, they are still young and so there is only upside.

We do need another WR, maybe not even a #1 or #2 player (I think Thomas and Decker can do that fine), but a more reliable slot player and some quality depth. A possession type receiver like Brandon Stokley who can work the inside routes would be great. I'd keep Royal, even if just for return duty. I'd go to the 2nd-3rd round of the draft for this depending on availability.

I'd lay out a 2-3 year plan for the defense. This year, my money in FA (and the first round of the draft) goes into getting a high-end safety and a starting quality DT. In any event, this year I'd try to increase the CB competition with some low-end FA pickups, 3rd-4th round type players, etc. Between that and Harris, we could solidify nickle and dime packages. Perhaps in the following 2013 season, we go CB in the first; it would be nice to bring in a young stud that could at least play his rookie season with the benefit of Champ Bailey as a mentor. I think it would be a big deal to learn from a future hall of famer (and probably a top 10 CB in NFL history) vs. bringing a good CB in without Bailey around. The #25 draft pick may not be the best place to do that with this year (probably no elite corners at that pick), and I'd focus on the d-line first. In any case, now is the time to start making up a plan for a future without Bailey and Dawkins, and I'd almost rationalize my FA/draft picks under the assumption (even if false) that they had a year left.

This year, I'd try to bring in a tight end that could catch. It's a high demand since I wouldn't rely on Denver bringing in more than one "near-elite" quality FA, and I've already asked to do something to the D-line and secondary. But it would help Tebow's development.

We also need a LB to play middle, though I don't know if we can afford to emphasize that this season.

OrangeHoof
01-17-2012, 06:27 PM
Considering the limitations he had to work with, I think McCoy did fine and if Fox is happy with him, that's fine with me. Allen too. IMO, both sides of the ball over achieved and I'm perfectly willing to give either or both more time to add more wrinkles.

Grover
01-17-2012, 07:05 PM
I think that the lack of imagination on our offensive drives had much more to do with Tebow's inexperience and our Head Coach John Fox's wishes, than it did with McCoy being our OC. I think McCoy called the plays that Fox outlined and that they felt Tebow could make happen.

I like the move of not reupping Tuten's contract next year.

I resign Prater, Bunkley, Royal, Mays from our own FA list.

I look at experienced free agents for OL, RB, FS, WR, and QB.

I look at BPA in the draft, but key defense in rounds 1 and 2. CB and DT.
Then look at OL and RB in the middle rounds. WR in the 5th and FB in the latest rounds.

I make training camp and OTAs fun and competitive and build on the team comraderie.

NightTerror218
01-17-2012, 07:05 PM
Resign players Bunkley, Woodyard, Prater, and Royal.

I think filling in some holes in FA with big names in OL/DL/CB/MLB. Getting 1 or 2 is fine with me. We are a playoff team in AFC West. Build through draft and fill holes in FA. I would love Carl Nicks. A player like Jason Jones who can get to QB. Replacement from Goodman like Brent Grimes. Finding a Mays replacement would be nice. He is fierce but missing too many tackles trying to lay hits. He was saved with Dawkins helping stuff the run up the middle.

If McCoy is gone then find an OC who is a great QB and is wanting to work with Tebow rather then being "stuck" with Tebow. McD picked Tebow and was his project, McCoy was stuck with him. There have to be OC who think they can do something with him but I want a good OC not some random dude who thinks he can do something. Do this ASAP so that new OC can work with TT over offseason.

Draft BPA rather then need. Part of me wishes draft was before FA. Positions to look at are CB, DL, OL, RB, WR, ILB.

After draft hit FA for Vets and depth at positions such as WR, OL, DL, LB, RB. We are a RB heaven we could draw attention from big names.

WARHORSE
01-17-2012, 08:16 PM
First, Id go after Matt Flynn. He will be the starter. Tebow will be the first fullback/runningback/quarterback, bringing a new dimensional offense to the league featuring TEs like in New England and a big play WR in DT.

I really believe Tebow will be a good RB/FB wildhorse option threat, especially with a real threat at QB.

If I cant get Flynn, Id draft a QB that can run and pass like Tebow. I'll take Russell Wilson in spite of his size to run this offense better than Tebow.

I will definitely keep Tebow though, cause hes money in the pocket on the goaline.

Thats the first thing I address: Quarterback

Tebow is starter going into training camp.......thats about as far as he gets, Im pretty sure.

VonSackemMiller
01-17-2012, 08:25 PM
Lol @ the Flynn hype. Here you have a guy whose been in the league for 4-5 years and had one good game and now people like you drool all over him. Flynn is not good man.

VonSackemMiller
01-17-2012, 08:26 PM
Not too mention your going to have to over pay him. smh

NightTerror218
01-17-2012, 08:34 PM
First, Id go after Matt Flynn. He will be the starter. Tebow will be the first fullback/runningback/quarterback, bringing a new dimensional offense to the league featuring TEs like in New England and a big play WR in DT.

I really believe Tebow will be a good RB/FB wildhorse option threat, especially with a real threat at QB.

If I cant get Flynn, Id draft a QB that can run and pass like Tebow. I'll take Russell Wilson in spite of his size to run this offense better than Tebow.

I will definitely keep Tebow though, cause hes money in the pocket on the goaline.

Thats the first thing I address: Quarterback

Tebow is starter going into training camp.......thats about as far as he gets, Im pretty sure.

Flynn is the next Matt Cassel. Looks great in an amazing system and that is about it. Flynn has also had 4 year to work with coaches and offseasons. I withhold must my judgement on Tebow till after he has had a real offseason to get one on one coaching that he can focus on what he needs to.

Joel
01-20-2012, 05:24 PM
We need to build the core of this team. O-line and D-line are critical. Build the team as if you expect Timmy to become an NFL passer. That way if he fails to live up to your expectations, the talent is built for a QB you bring in to replace him. Throwing a rookie in the mix right now would be senseless. Just cause he can throw better than Timmy does not make the team around him any more talented. The quarterback should be the cherry on the top of the sundae, not the bowl it is served in.
That is probably the biggest thing I would do, because I agree wholeheartedly. NO young franchise QB will develop pocket presence without a POCKET PRESENT. Likewise, no young QB will learn to "anticipate" receiver breaks or find brief narrow windows for passes if receivers never get open and provide those windows. Whether or not Tebow is our future at QB, we must have those tools for there to BE a future at QB.

With the offensive in particular, elite talent across the board would immediately improve both our passing AND running game. A team with a great line but poor QB/WRs can still win games running the ball; likewise, a team with a great line and poor runners can still win passing the ball. However, a team with a poor line can't win even with HoF talent at QB, RB AND WR unless/until "yards after tackle" becomes a meaningful stat.

Clady hurt his leg in preseason, and playing on it ever since may have prevented a full recovery; I certainly HOPE he just needs an offseason of recovery to restore his old dominance, or we're in trouble. Beadles, like Walton, has had 34 starts to show he can do his job well, yet still not shown more than occasional flashes of brilliance: They might be decent depth players, but we need different STARTERS at LG and C. Kuper is, IMHO, our best guard, but who knows how soon or fully he'll recover from his gruesome injury against KC, so investing in a quality starter is wise. The only way it wouldn't be is if 1) Beadles stops sucking, 2) Walton stops sucking and 3) Kuper makes a full recovery. The chance ALL those things happen is small. Even if we could get a quality guard by moving Franklin we would still be left with at least one hole there, plus one at RT. Of course, that hole on Tebows blindside was already there; unless we expect Ryan Harris to stay with the team and be healthy all next season, we also need an upgrade over Orlando Franklin, who looks very George Foster-like at the moment.

Demaryius Thomas is the only Broncos WR I expect to be an elite player in the foreseeable future. Unless we want him regularly double teamed and our passing game shut down, we must find a legit #1/2 WR for the other side, someone guaranteed to produce by Labor Day, not who MIGHT produce by 2015. Neither Decker nor Royal (who's a FA next year) look like they'll be anything more than slot receivers any time soon.

With Ayers coming along nicely this season, especially toward the end, Bunkley exceeding even the most optimistic expectations and Doom looking more like a former Sack King, I'm pretty satisfied with the line. I wouldn't mind upgrading Thomas with more of a playmaker, but don't think he's actively hurting us the way some of our past DTs have.

My bigger concern there is that, one way or the other, we need a dominant MLB to quarterback our D, and a shutdown CB so Champ isn't asked to be a one man secondary. I'm still inclined to try Miller at Mike and Haggan at Sam, with Mays backing both, but however we get there we need a Mike with the size, speed, and savvy to run stop, blitz, cover passes over the middle and call defensive audibles the way the QB calls offensive ones.

Our secondary is an embarrassment right now; New England proved that tiwce in as many months. Dawkins was clearly its lynchpin, because the whole thing collapsed when we lost him. Nursing a neck injury at 38, he probably played his last down against Buffalo (and probably SHOULD have played his last down against Chicago.) Goodman has been a badly deficient #2 CB all year, and 33 year old players rarely improve; Chris Harris is probably better as a rookie, and certainly less expensive as an UDFA. Champ is still a fine player, but has clearly slowed. The simple solution to improve THREE positions with ONE player is to

1) Add a shutdown CB to take Champs spot,
2) Move Champ to FS and
3) Replace Goodman with Harris.

Doing that would improve our secondary, probably by an order of magnitude, with a single player.

If we

1) Upgrade our line, especially at guard,
2) Add a shutdown CB, or even two,
3) Add a dominant team leading Mike and
4) Add a legit #1/2 WR who can beat man coverage and get deep,

I think the Broncos young team would be in great shape to be a title contender throughout the next decade.

The bigger question is how to accomplish those goals (listed in general order of precedence.) To a great extent, the experience our priority positions demand, combined with our overall youth, argue for aggressively pursuing key free agents, mainly at G, MLB, T and WR. We have a wealth of talented youth to develop, even though it's certain some of them won't pan out in the end. We need immediate producers now.

That's true not only in the sense that a playoff team (which we only technically are) should fill the holes keeping it from title contention, but also in the sense all our young talent need quality veteran leadership to aid their development. Even three or four elite players could pay massive dividends in the things dozens of second and third year players learn playing with them. Along the way, they could provide the missing piece of the Super Bowl puzzle the way almost no rookies available with the 24th pick in each round of the draft can.

So that's what I'd do going forward from here: Go after the best FAs at G, CB, MLB and WR, knowing elite performance at most of those positions requires a level of experience no rookies has, and that few elite talents will be available with low draft picks. We steal a CB or WR, but the kind of versatility I want from Gs and MLBs only comes with several pro seasons.

Joel
01-20-2012, 05:39 PM
With regard to QB, I'd like to see us go after a vet dual threat in free agency, one who can run all the plays Tebow can if he gets hurt or benched, but won't create a QB controversy, or try, because he knows he's only a couple years from retirement. A QB who began his career running but successfully transitioned to passing would enormously benefit Tebow with tips on what he should and should NOT do to make that same change.

I would stay away from drafting a dual threat backup for Tebow, both because there won't be many good choices unless we sacrifice a lot of picks to trade up, and because Tebows development next year will still require too much of the coaches attention to split it with a backup. Once they have him squared away and the vet who was backing him up has retired, THEN we can take a crack at finding/developing the long term backup.

jlarsiii
01-20-2012, 05:49 PM
With regard to QB, I'd like to see us go after a vet dual threat in free agency, one who can run all the plays Tebow can if he gets hurt or benched, but won't create a QB controversy, or try, because he knows he's only a couple years from retirement. A QB who began his career running but successfully transitioned to passing would enormously benefit Tebow with tips on what he should and should NOT do to make that same change.

I would stay away from drafting a dual threat backup for Tebow, both because there won't be many good choices unless we sacrifice a lot of picks to trade up, and because Tebows development next year will still require too much of the coaches attention to split it with a backup. Once they have him squared away and the vet who was backing him up has retired, THEN we can take a crack at finding/developing the long term backup.

Ugh, **** that noise. I don't want a QB that will try hard not to compete with Tebow. I want a QB controversy. If there is no push from the competition then there is no emphasis on being better than them. What a horrible idea.

Get some old goat, who is almost in retirement, to not even try to push the younger QB to be even better. Are you serious???

NightTerror218
01-20-2012, 06:03 PM
Ugh, **** that noise. I don't want a QB that will try hard not to compete with Tebow. I want a QB controversy. If there is no push from the competition then there is no emphasis on being better than them. What a horrible idea.

Get some old goat, who is almost in retirement, to not even try to push the younger QB to be even better. Are you serious???

I like idea of a vet and then someone else to push Tebow for position. Since Elway is not always there and shouldn't be, some Vet to give experience would be nice.

Superchop 7
01-20-2012, 06:15 PM
Draft......I get DeCastro first round.....period. If you don't understand why....please rewind the New England game for a reminder. I prefer my QB is on the field, not the hospital. This kid will be a pro bowler.

Rd 2 and Rd 3......these are the rounds that I always look at the depth of the draft.....this year we are deep at RB and CB....so I grab great talent with picks 2 and 3. (and.....the fact that they are positions of need is icing on the cake)

My hope is that Ty Warren solidifies our d-line, if he can't....it's FA time.

Picks 4 and 5 are Mike linebacker and safety.

Pick 6 is a fullback.

Free agent acquisitions are dependant on price, we should be looking for the McGahees and Bunkleys of the market. (especially at safety)

Speaking of safety.....I bring back Dawkins as a player/coach.....if we get behind by 10 points or its the 4th quarter.....play him......but mainly keep him healthy in case we make the playoffs. Obviously, we need his brain and heart.....he would make a great assistant secondary coach. I think there is a coach in him waiting to come out and no doubt the players would listen.

As for McCoy, I hated his KC game and NE game for this reason......TAKE WHAT THE DEFENSE IS GIVING YOU......other than that he did pretty well imo, it would be nice to keep continuity on the offense......I would keep him.

If I'm John Elway......I invite SC7 into my office......I bring in Rahim Moore.....and I tell SC7 to make a sound judgement on the future of the player in Denver.........(wait till June 1.......BYE BYE!!!!)

QB--veteran FA to back up Tebow.

Joel
01-20-2012, 06:35 PM

I didn't say someone who'd try hard not to compete with Tebow, just someone who's not coming into the situation trying to become the starter by any means necessary. I'm frankly sick of QB controversies.

I also don't want to drop a ton of cap money sorely needed elsewhere on a guy who couldn't keep his last job, especially since we'll almost certainly be drafting a prospective franchise QB if Tebow tanks next year.

VonSackemMiller
01-20-2012, 09:01 PM
Draft......I get DeCastro first round.....period. If you don't understand why....please rewind the New England game for a reminder. I prefer my QB is on the field, not the hospital. This kid will be a pro bowler.

Rd 2 and Rd 3......these are the rounds that I always look at the depth of the draft.....this year we are deep at RB and CB....so I grab great talent with picks 2 and 3. (and.....the fact that they are positions of need is icing on the cake)

My hope is that Ty Warren solidifies our d-line, if he can't....it's FA time.

Picks 4 and 5 are Mike linebacker and safety.

Pick 6 is a fullback.

Free agent acquisitions are dependant on price, we should be looking for the McGahees and Bunkleys of the market. (especially at safety)

Speaking of safety.....I bring back Dawkins as a player/coach.....if we get behind by 10 points or its the 4th quarter.....play him......but mainly keep him healthy in case we make the playoffs. Obviously, we need his brain and heart.....he would make a great assistant secondary coach. I think there is a coach in him waiting to come out and no doubt the players would listen.

As for McCoy, I hated his KC game and NE game for this reason......TAKE WHAT THE DEFENSE IS GIVING YOU......other than that he did pretty well imo, it would be nice to keep continuity on the offense......I would keep him.

If I'm John Elway......I invite SC7 into my office......I bring in Rahim Moore.....and I tell SC7 to make a sound judgement on the future of the player in Denver.........(wait till June 1.......BYE BYE!!!!)

QB--veteran FA to back up Tebow.

Um dude teams look for starters in round 2-3 not back ups.....If your ending up with nothing but depth players/special teams players in round 2-3 then your not doing a good job drafting.

tomjonesrocks
01-21-2012, 02:46 AM
Shit-can Moreno.

He sucks, and can't do anything Fox has historically demanded of his backs well.

I would cut his ass the second he is off IR.

VonSackemMiller
01-21-2012, 03:00 AM
Moreno gets to play out his rookie contract. He hasnt play much football so his mileage is still low. I say let him play out his rookie deal because before he got hurt he was starting to ball.

Canmore
01-21-2012, 04:11 AM
Moreno gets to play out his rookie contract. He hasnt play much football so his mileage is still low. I say let him play out his rookie deal because before he got hurt he was starting to ball.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see Moreno cut. I don't know what his contract has left but the guy can't stay healthy and has never lived up to his billing. In three years he has had a couple of nice plays. That's about it. Twelfth player taken in the draft. Moreno and ball? Not much. :tsk:

VonSackemMiller
01-21-2012, 04:49 AM
He only has this up coming year and next year coming up. I mean atleast gotta see like mendenhall what he can do if he ever plays a season healthy. Hes not making much cash either. So i say let the kid stay and play, were going to need depth anyway. Dont forget who sparked that come back vs the dolphins with a big SCREEN play. Probably the only screen play we ran all year.

Lancane
01-21-2012, 06:55 AM
I'd still part ways with McCoy, not because I feel he's a bad coach, just not the right coach for the future of this team, let alone this offense. I'd hire Rip Scherer to be the Offensive Coordinator, hire Greg Knapp away from Houston to be the Assistant Head Coach & Quarterbacks Coach. Hire Mike McDaniel (Not related to McNumbnuts) away from Washington to be the Wide Receivers Coach & Assistant Quarterbacks Coach. I would retain Clancy Barone as the Tight Ends Coach, Dave Magazu as the Offensive Line Coach and Eric Studesville as the Running Backs Coach. I'd then hire Zac Woodfin to be the new Strength & Conditioning to replace Rich Tuten.

Regarding player personnel, I'd focus on re-signing Brodrick Bunkley, Matt Prater, Daniel Fells, Britton Colquitt, Jason Hunter and Chris Clark, as priorities for the club. Before looking to retain other Broncos, I would then proceed to try and sign the primary free agent targets for the team, in this case - Dan Connor (CAR), Robert Meachem (NO), Michael Bush (Oak) and Red Bryant (SEA). Dan Connor is a blue-collar, nose to the grind mike linebacker with a good head on his shoulders who'd be an upgrade over the more explosive Mays, Connor is more of a field general and leader. Meachem would become the number two receiver therein allowing Decker to become Denver's primary slant receiver, more of a Denver Wes Welker you could say. Bush as we all know is a tough third down back, and gives Denver a strong competitor in the stable besides McGahee. Red Bryant along with Brodrick Bunkley, returning Kevin Vickerson, Ty Warren as well as Mitch Unrien gives Denver a solid defensive tackle group should they stay healthy, Bryant can start from day one next to Bunkley while rotating with Vickerson and Warren.

As for the draft, Denver is in a precarious position. I'd trade the 25th Overall Pick to Philadelphia for the 46th and 51st Overall Picks, giving Denver three picks in the second round. I won't go into the picks, but needless to say with the additions above the draft would be less strenuous.

Chef Zambini
01-21-2012, 11:33 AM
First, I would put much more emphasis on the defense this year then on the offense; the latter I think can evolve just based on coaching and having a lot of young players with a year more experience under their belts. One thing this team lacks is year-to-year chemistry, consistency, and identity (if I recall correctly, we're one of the worst in the league at keeping our draft picks for more than a couple years). Keeping the core of this unit would be a good thing.

I have no issues with letting McCoy go. We need better playcalling, and I think he/Fox did good utilizing Tebow's ability, but one that can utilize Tebow's strength of running and making "backyard football" plays while at the same time opening up screens, traditional passing routes, bootlegs, etc and in a more strategic fashion. Part of this rests on a gamble on how well Tebow evolves, but we can't keep running on first down all day, or running on 3rd and 8. The option stuff kept defenses off balance and helped with our run success, but we were poor in point production and staying on the field. A lot of that can change with scheme. I think we need to bring in a RB soon, but can't afford to emphasize this this year (see below) and would stick with McGahee-Ball-Moreno this year., unless we can get a cheap free agent.

I don't see the need to do much with the o line, which I really don't understand the criticism of, since they were one of the top units in the league and helped generate "all day long" situations for Tebow to throw and blocked for the best NFL rushing team. Except for the NE game, they were mostly solid, and is one of the reasons why the style of Tebow running around for 20 seconds and throwing a deep bomb worked. Moreover, they are still young and so there is only upside.

We do need another WR, maybe not even a #1 or #2 player (I think Thomas and Decker can do that fine), but a more reliable slot player and some quality depth. A possession type receiver like Brandon Stokley who can work the inside routes would be great. I'd keep Royal, even if just for return duty. I'd go to the 2nd-3rd round of the draft for this depending on availability.

I'd lay out a 2-3 year plan for the defense. This year, my money in FA (and the first round of the draft) goes into getting a high-end safety and a starting quality DT. In any event, this year I'd try to increase the CB competition with some low-end FA pickups, 3rd-4th round type players, etc. Between that and Harris, we could solidify nickle and dime packages. Perhaps in the following 2013 season, we go CB in the first; it would be nice to bring in a young stud that could at least play his rookie season with the benefit of Champ Bailey as a mentor. I think it would be a big deal to learn from a future hall of famer (and probably a top 10 CB in NFL history) vs. bringing a good CB in without Bailey around. The #25 draft pick may not be the best place to do that with this year (probably no elite corners at that pick), and I'd focus on the d-line first. In any case, now is the time to start making up a plan for a future without Bailey and Dawkins, and I'd almost rationalize my FA/draft picks under the assumption (even if false) that they had a year left.

This year, I'd try to bring in a tight end that could catch. It's a high demand since I wouldn't rely on Denver bringing in more than one "near-elite" quality FA, and I've already asked to do something to the D-line and secondary. But it would help Tebow's development.

We also need a LB to play middle, though I don't know if we can afford to emphasize that this season.nice post.
legitimate concerns and plan for progress.

Chef Zambini
01-21-2012, 11:40 AM
I didn't say someone who'd try hard not to compete with Tebow, just someone who's not coming into the situation trying to become the starter by any means necessary. I'm frankly sick of QB controversies.

I also don't want to drop a ton of cap money sorely needed elsewhere on a guy who couldn't keep his last job, especially since we'll almost certainly be drafting a prospective franchise QB if Tebow tanks next year.JOEL is there some disconnect inside that very smart brain of yours/
as long as there is TEBOW there will ALWAYS be QB controversy in Denver ! if you want to avoid that, you should be behind the idea of trading TEBOW to the jags and going after a more typical NFL passing QB. Like RG III.
You honestly think a single off season attempt to transform TT into an NFL pocket passer is not going to generate controversy?

Chef Zambini
01-21-2012, 11:49 AM
want to improve our passing attack and avoid the QB ? tebow discussion/
answer: pass catching TE !
incorporate the RB in the passing game!
decker / thomas / royal, we got plenty of serviceable WR, we have no threat from backs or TEs !
part of that is scheme, part of that is talent! clean that up and whomevewr the QB might be, he will have more options for success.
I dont have a problem with our O-line, the players or the coaches, pass protection and run blocking have been fine, issues have come from the irregularities of the guy taking snaps behind the line.

Joel
01-22-2012, 04:35 PM
JOEL is there some disconnect inside that very smart brain of yours/
as long as there is TEBOW there will ALWAYS be QB controversy in Denver ! if you want to avoid that, you should be behind the idea of trading TEBOW to the jags and going after a more typical NFL passing QB. Like RG III.
You honestly think a single off season attempt to transform TT into an NFL pocket passer is not going to generate controversy?
Fair point, I suppose, but there's little reason to fuel the fire. If we bring a vet with a legit chance at the starting job it wouldn't bother much as long as he has at least some mobility (which I want regardless in this blitz happy era.) The main thing I want to avoid is remaining in a situation where the most "experienced" QB on our roster is someone like Brady Quinn, or bringing in a vet who'll DEMAND to start from Day One.