PDA

View Full Version : Broncos strength coach Rich Tuten not returning in 2012

Magnificent Seven
01-17-2012, 05:28 PM
Rich Tuten, the Broncos' strength-and-conditioning coach since 1995, will not be back in 2012.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19759484

Magnificent Seven
01-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Wow. He has been with the Broncos for a long time.

NightTerror218
01-17-2012, 05:30 PM
give that job to dawkins

dogfish
01-17-2012, 05:34 PM
AeTgx_pj6m8

i've waited years for this day!

:elefant::elefant:

rjent
01-17-2012, 05:37 PM
i've waited years for this day!

:elefant::elefant:

Really? Why, not flaming or trolling, really interested in why! :)

VonSackemMiller
Yessssss our team has been injury prone forever under his watch.

Northman
Yea, cant say im sad about it.

MOtorboat
01-17-2012, 05:38 PM
Zam has tingly feelings.

dogfish
01-17-2012, 05:41 PM
Really? Why, not flaming or trolling, really interested in why! :)

never been a believer in the guy. . . our post super bowl teams under shanahan always seemed feeble, and i seriously question whether some of the plague of groin and hamstring injuries we've suffered in recent years wasn't at least partially tuten's fault. . . i want us to try our luck with somebody a little more up to date with dynamic stretching and that sort of thing. . .

catfish
01-17-2012, 06:06 PM
I assume they are opening the position for Tebow :)

nevcraw
01-17-2012, 06:20 PM
time for change....

BroncoJoe
01-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Zam is doing cartwheels in AZ. He may, in fact, have a heart attack over this news.

Superchop 7
01-17-2012, 06:54 PM
Happy Days are here again !!!:beer:

NightTerror218
01-17-2012, 07:11 PM
anyone else think Dawkins could do a great job at that position. He had some intense training over last off season that he led. He has motivation and loves to work out.

Dzone
01-17-2012, 08:46 PM
Tuten must have been pretty good or he wouldn't have stayed so long. Players would have probably complained if he sucked. But yes, a change is good.
I say we go raid this place of their best strength and conditioning coaches and bring them to Denver as exclusive bronco coaches. This is what we need here in Denver.
http://www.athletesperformance.com/blogs/in-the-news/39-Athletes-Performance-Supported-Players-Headed-to-NFL-Playoffs.html

BroncoWave
01-17-2012, 09:34 PM
anyone else think Dawkins could do a great job at that position. He had some intense training over last off season that he led. He has motivation and loves to work out.

I feel like there is much more to it than that. I would imagine you need to be a trained professional who actually went to school for that to do well in that job.

catfish
01-17-2012, 09:40 PM
I feel like there is much more to it than that. I would imagine you need to be a trained professional who actually went to school for that to do well in that job.

aren't they responsible for flexibility and nutrition as well. I assume some part of rehab too. I am sure there is a lot more to it than just lifting weights

SR
01-17-2012, 09:43 PM
time for change....

Elect Barack Obama as our Strength and Conditioning Coach 2012

G_Money
01-17-2012, 09:46 PM
:balloons::balloons::balloons::balloons::balloons:

Now get somebody who's taken more than a phys ed class since 1972. There are so many great things you can do in strength and conditioning, and we've been doing almost none of them. Fingers crossed. :cool:

~G

BroncoWave
01-17-2012, 09:52 PM
aren't they responsible for flexibility and nutrition as well. I assume some part of rehab too. I am sure there is a lot more to it than just lifting weights

I would assume so. Probably why you never hear of former players becoming strength and conditioning coaches. Remember when Romo expressed interest in doing that for the Broncos? He was pretty much laughed at.

Nick
01-17-2012, 10:21 PM

His philosophy of strength and conditioning is walking to the store spending food stamps on red bulls.

DenBronx
01-17-2012, 10:42 PM
I'm not going to miss him at all.

Wonder why he didnt get fired years ago. There was one season a few years ago where we had like 7 starters get hit with hammy/groin injuries. Our guys are just not either disciplined or our strength and conditioning coach just hasnt done his job. I would bet it was the latter in this case.

Bill Romonowski knows alot about nutrition http://nutrition53.com/ maybe we hire him and someone else with a fresh out look on todays strength and nutrition. Not saying to have Bill as the main guy but just here to help the new guy.

dogfish
01-17-2012, 10:49 PM
I'm not going to miss him at all.

Wonder why he didnt get fired years ago. There was one season a few years ago where we had like 7 starters get hit with hammy/groin injuries. Our guys are just not either disciplined or our strength and conditioning coach just hasnt done his job. I would bet it was the latter in this case.

Bill Romonowski knows alot about nutrition http://nutrition53.com/ maybe we hire him and someone else with a fresh out look on todays strength and nutrition. Not saying to have Bill as the main guy but just here to help the new guy.

romo in charge of "nutrition?"

LOL!

that sounds at least as safe and legal as having dante scarnecchia run your video department. . . talk about putting the fox in charge of the henhouse!

:lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-17-2012, 10:54 PM

Dang SR - you must be really :mad: at the Broncos.

rcsodak
01-17-2012, 11:21 PM
:balloons::balloons::balloons::balloons::balloons:

Now get somebody who's taken more than a phys ed class since 1972. There are so many great things you can do in strength and conditioning, and we've been doing almost none of them. Fingers crossed. :cool:

~G
How do you know this?

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
01-17-2012, 11:22 PM
His philosophy of strength and conditioning is walking to the store spending food stamps on red bulls.
And cigs.
Cant forget those cigs, man.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

NightTerror218
01-18-2012, 12:56 PM
I would assume so. Probably why you never hear of former players becoming strength and conditioning coaches. Remember when Romo expressed interest in doing that for the Broncos? He was pretty much laughed at.

he has been playing football for almost 20 years, I think he can handle conditioning, injury prevention, nutrition, ect.

catfish
01-18-2012, 01:17 PM
he has been playing football for almost 20 years, I think he can handle conditioning, injury prevention, nutrition, ect.

I don't know, I have been driving a car for years, doesn't mean I could design one. He may know what exercises to do and what foods to eat, but if he doesn't know why they are being done it doesnt matter. Each position needs t have tailored workouts. I have no doubt he knows the exercises for the safety position, but does he know for a lineman or a RB.

Chef Zambini
01-19-2012, 01:38 AM
aren't they responsible for flexibility and nutrition as well. I assume some part of rehab too. I am sure there is a lot more to it than just lifting weightsnot if your tuten !
"hey coach tuten, I think I seperated my shoulder'
Tuten responds, 'rub some dirt on it",
But coach, we only have astro-turf'
tuten, ' then rub some astro-turf on it"
TUTEN was an incompetent moron, who knew nothing about exercise physiology, nutrition, stretching, human anatomy .
He personafied the term, "TURD"

GEM
01-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Well that just breaks my effing heart.

Maybe now we won't see so many tweaked hammys.

Bout time...

GEM
01-19-2012, 12:09 PM

:lol: He wanted to be the nutrititionist....here Tebow, bend over, I have a nice shot that will do the trick.

:laugh: