PDA

View Full Version : Cutler for Quinn & Rogers (Daily Cutler rumor)

fcspikeit
03-03-2009, 01:58 AM
Cutler Could Intrigue Cleveland (http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/real_scouts/entry/view/17757/cutler_could_intrigue_cleveland)

Cutler Could Intrigue Cleveland
Tuesday, March 03, 2009
Posted By Mike Florio 1:01 AM

Earlier on Monday, a league source advised us that the new regime in Cleveland - known lovingly in league circles as "ManKok" - would likely be interested in Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler as an alternative to Derek Anderson and/or Brady Quinn.

And there are indeed as of this posting an old-fashioned, unsubstantiated, poo-on-the-wall "Internet rumor" regarding a deal that would send Brady Quinn and Shaun Rogers to the Broncos for Cutler and a third-round pick.

To be crystal clear, we are not reporting that a trade is or could be happening. In fact, given the top-secret manner in which the Browns handled the Kellen Winslow trade, we're confident that word of such a transaction would not leak. Our contribution to this one is only that it's believed that coach Eric Mangini and G.M. George Kokinis would be interested in Cutler.

(That said, you can bet that there will be plenty of people who come away from this one thinking that we're reporting that the deal is already done.)

Much more would have to be determined, such as whether the Broncos would be interested in Quinn, who played college football at Notre Dame for Charlie Weis, who proceeded Denver coach Josh McDaniels as New England offensive coordinator and likely mentored him.

Still, we're willing to put this one in the "possibility" category.

Just a rumor but I'm sure it will make at least a couple people here cream themselves.. :coffee:

WARHORSE
03-03-2009, 02:01 AM
Well, let it make the rounds.

Thats what happens when you entertain trade talks for a young gunner like Cutler.

Teams like the Browns are saying, 'They gotta be the dumbest franchise in the league'...................next to theirs that is.

Shazam!
03-03-2009, 02:02 AM
Oh Jesus.

fcspikeit
03-03-2009, 02:04 AM
I wonder if Cleavland would be interested in trading McIdiot for the mangenius?

He could spend the next month redecorating Dove Valley..

DenBronx
03-03-2009, 02:06 AM
now thats a trade id like for cutler. only because i think quinn is going to be a great nfl qb when he finally gets a true shot. rogers would also be a huge upgrade on the dline. i love j-cut but this might be worth digging into.

i wonder if we could also include bmarsh in the trade for braylon edwards.

Shazam!
03-03-2009, 02:07 AM
I actually liked Mangini. If they left things alone and Chad stayed as the NYJ QB, they would have been in the playoffs and not Miami. Bringing in Farve was the worst thing they could've done.

fcspikeit
03-03-2009, 02:09 AM
Well, let it make the rounds.

Thats what happens when you entertain trade talks for a young gunner like Cutler.

Teams like the Browns are saying, 'They gotta be the dumbest franchise in the league'...................next to theirs that is.

IMO Quinn and Rogers would at least a better deal for the McPatriots then freaken Kyle Ortin!

Plus I would rather root for the Browns then Bears...

fcspikeit
03-03-2009, 02:14 AM
now thats a trade id like for cutler. only because i think quinn is going to be a great nfl qb when he finally gets a true shot. rogers would also be a huge upgrade on the dline. i love j-cut but this might be worth digging into.

I wouldn't take the trade but it's by far the fairest to date for the McPatriots..

I would rather have Quinn then Cassel and at least Rogers would actually be addressing a position of need..

dogfish
03-03-2009, 02:28 AM
:frusty:

DenBronx
03-03-2009, 02:29 AM
I wouldn't take the trade but it's by far the fairest to date for the McPatriots..

I would rather have Quinn then Cassel and at least Rogers would actually be addressing a position of need..

i still wouldnt trade cutler either but IF we were then id go for this one. quinn can throw circles around cassel.

i bet mcliar is still contacting teams about a trade now that this is so out of control.

ikillz0mbies
03-03-2009, 02:29 AM
Wait, did I just read that right? ManKok? Oh c'mon....

DenBronx
03-03-2009, 02:31 AM
:frusty:

i feel ya on this one dog.

ikillz0mbies
03-03-2009, 02:36 AM
Anyway, I'll admit that I would not mind this trade at all. Quinn did pretty decent last year when got the opportunity to showcase him self, especially at how he played against the Broncos. Rogers would definitely fill a position of need right away.

And to DenBronx, I'd actually keep Marshall. Both he and Edwards were the leading receivers in drops last year, if I recall. Marshall is just more dangerous when he actually has the ball in his hands. But, if you want to trade him away because of his off-field problems, then I totally get it.

Might as well send them Scheffler as well. They need a tight end after trading away Kellen Winslow.

DenBronx
03-03-2009, 02:44 AM
Anyway, I'll admit that I would not mind this trade at all. Quinn did pretty decent last year when got the opportunity to showcase him self, especially at how he played against the Broncos. Rogers would definitely fill a position of need right away.

And to DenBronx, I'd actually keep Marshall. Both he and Edwards were the leading receivers in drops last year, if I recall. Marshall is just more dangerous when he actually has the ball in his hands. But, if you want to trade him away because of his off-field problems, then I totally get it.

Might as well send them Scheffler as well. They need a tight end after trading away Kellen Winslow.

as far as skill set goes i think marshall has all the tools to be a top 5 wr every year. i just think this guy is running out of chances though. he's my favorite bronco but this is a disturbing pattern. if we could get a player with simular skills but no off field problems then i say pull the trigger and dont think twice.

LordTrychon
03-03-2009, 02:58 AM
I can't believe Florio just referred to them as ManKok. :elefant:

JKcatch724
03-03-2009, 03:05 AM
**** Brady Quinnn

fcspikeit
03-03-2009, 03:09 AM
i still wouldnt trade cutler either but IF we were then id go for this one. quinn can throw circles around cassel.

i bet mcliar is still contacting teams about a trade now that this is so out of control.

I doubt he ever stopped contacting teams, all he needs now is to get most the fans on his side by making Cutler look bad and he will be home free.. I have a feeling something could be in the works with the chiefs, have they signed Cassel to a long term deal yet?

Maybe McIdiot will package a Cutler Marshall deal for Cassel? he could throw in our 12th to sweeten the deal.

LordTrychon
03-03-2009, 03:21 AM
I doubt he ever stopped contacting teams, all he needs now is to get most the fans on his side by making Cutler look bad and he will be home free.. I have a feeling something could be in the works with the chiefs, have they signed Cassel to a long term deal yet?

Maybe McIdiot will package a Cutler Marshall deal for Cassel? he could throw in our 12th to sweeten the deal.

Dude.

That's not even funny.

Poet
03-03-2009, 03:25 AM
This trade would suck. If this was proposed, it would kind of prove that the Browns have a lot less faith in Quinn than they showed when they traded to get him.

You also pick up a whiny DT who came into Cleveland all "I am here to help right this ship" and is trying to get out of playing for them now.

If this trade happened I would cry for your franchise. Plus, I don't want my Bengals to play against Cutler twice a year.:coffee:

fcspikeit
03-03-2009, 04:29 AM
This trade would suck. If this was proposed, it would kind of prove that the Browns have a lot less faith in Quinn than they showed when they traded to get him.

You also pick up a whiny DT who came into Cleveland all "I am here to help right this ship" and is trying to get out of playing for them now.

If this trade happened I would cry for your franchise. Plus, I don't want my Bengals to play against Cutler twice a year.:coffee:

Well the current FO in Cleavland didn't move up in the draft to take Quinn.. Besides that, why would that be surprising? The Broncos moved up to take Cutler, he has proven he can be one of the best in the game and our FO tride to trade him, LOL

fcspikeit
03-03-2009, 04:47 AM
Dude.

That's not even funny.

Dude, None of this is funny!

In fact I haven't as much as cracked a smiled about any of this since I heard Cutler was involved in trade talks..:mad:

For me it completely ruined Free Agency... I didn't even get excited about the signing of B Doc... I hate McIdiot for taking away the excitement from my off season.

IMO trading Cutler is the single worst move the Broncos could have made... I'm glad the move didn't go through, but until our HC can prove McIdiot has left the building, I wont rest easy until Cutler takes the first snap of the 2009 season..

EMB6903
03-03-2009, 04:52 AM
Cutler isnt going to be traded.

Lonestar
03-03-2009, 05:03 AM

cutlet is doing this himself.. He does not need help from the Head Coach..

fcspikeit
03-03-2009, 05:12 AM
cutlet is doing this himself.. He does not need help from the Head Coach..

All the BS reports about Cutler wanting a trade when Bates left that are "coincidentally" :rolleyes: just coming out now are making Cutler look bad. That and McIdiot lying about wanting to trade Cutler is also making it out as if he is making something from nothing..

There is also the BS about him not going to so called scheduled meetings with the FO when there was no scheduled meetings..

omac
03-03-2009, 05:13 AM
Cutler isnt going to be traded.

It's less likely since McDaniels' boy Cassel is with the Chiefs. Like TD said, "so Cutler is Denver's QB by default.". :D

I have a feeling Cutler wants McDaniels to own up to the media with what he did, but I doubt McDaniels would do that. I still get the feeling one of them is leaving, and since Pat's given the keys to the organization to McDaniels, it will probably be Cutler. I really wanted McDaniels to succeed, but with the way he's been handling things, I'd really rather it was McDaniels who Pat gets rid off. Jay is a top QB in the league, while McDaniels hasn't proven anything as a head coach; he could become great, or he could become the next Mangini or Crennel.

honz
03-03-2009, 05:25 AM
This isn't even a rumor...

This is simply reporters saying "well, our team doesn't really have a franchise QB, so let's write an article about trading for Jay Cutler".

Jay will be a Bronco next season.

broncophan
03-03-2009, 06:32 AM
It is hard for me to imagine rooting for an x-Notre Dame qb........but IF that trade would happen........I guess I would have to......:rolleyes:

I agree though.......I look for Cutler to be a bronco next season......not sure if that is a good thing though....

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-03-2009, 06:55 AM
Please NO more browns D linemen..lol.

TXBRONC
03-03-2009, 08:01 AM

I don't know if Quinn will ever be able throw with Jay' s accuracy because he's muscle bound.

broncofaninfla
03-03-2009, 09:06 AM
If Cutler and McIdiot don't resolve their differences, this trade might be the best thing we can hope for. McIdiot seems hell bent on sinking the Broncos, even though he is denying the trade rumors the fact is he got caught in a lie. I still believe McIdiot might trade our franchise QB especially for a QB like Quinn. I know this trade proposal is just another rumor at this point but at this point of this very messy relationship, McIdiot just might pull the trigger and try with another young QB. McIdiot has already put himself in the hot seat, what does he have to lose?

CoachChaz
03-03-2009, 09:12 AM
If Cutler and McIdiot don't resolve their differences, this trade might be the best thing we can hope for. McIdiot seems hell bent on sinking the Broncos, even though he is denying the trade rumors the fact is he got caught in a lie. I still believe McIdiot might trade our franchise QB especially for a QB like Quinn. I know this trade proposal is just another rumor at this point but at this point of this very messy relationship, McIdiot just might pull the trigger and try with another young QB. McIdiot has already put himself in the hot seat, what does he have to lose?

When you start a post like this, the rest usually doesnt even get read. Sorry.

BroncoJoe
03-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Some people think they're really clever.

CoachChaz
03-03-2009, 09:18 AM

Because the first item on the agenda of a new, young head coach is to intentionally malign his credibility in the league by destroying a team on purpose. makes sense to me.

Scarface
03-03-2009, 09:22 AM

PFT has some really clever sources for sure.

broncofaninfla
03-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Do I honetsly think McIdiot is trying to sink this franchise? No, do I feel he is making the mistakes in which the ramification could result in a crash and burn, yes.

BroncoJoe
03-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Do I honetsly think McIdiot is trying to sink this franchise? No, do I feel he is making the mistakes in which the ramification could result in a crash and burn, yes.

I see. Because we've been so successful the past several years.

:tsk:

broncofaninfla
03-03-2009, 09:25 AM
OK, play devils' advocate. Tell me what Mcwonder is doing so right for you to have so much faith in him?

BroncoJoe
03-03-2009, 09:29 AM
OK, play devils' advocate. Tell me what Mcwonder is doing so right for you to have so much faith in him?

That's not the point. I'm willing to wait and see how what he is doing now, as well as in the future, effects us on the field next season.

kingdomdad
03-03-2009, 09:31 AM
mcidiot is a big mcstake havent seen a good move from bronx in awhile tuff im a 32 year fan sic to my stomache cutler is our brightest star since elway

broncofaninfla
03-03-2009, 09:39 AM
That's not the point. I'm willing to wait and see how what he is doing now, as well as in the future, effects us on the field next season.

We are both Bronco fans and want the best for our team but I'm just trying to get a feel on how anybody can have ANY optimism about McD at this point. He looks like an incompetent, lying snake at this point and seems clueless on how to address the Cutler issue and addressing our needs in free agency. It's early on I know but a long snapper, a special teams DL who MIGHT play OLB and a RB who can't stay healthy? He just seems to be doing everything wrong at this point. I would LOVE to eat crow and be wrong but I have a feeling McIdiot is well on his way to being McFired if he continues on this path.

BroncoJoe
03-03-2009, 09:46 AM
OK people, check this out:

http://broncosfreaks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21418

LOL!

CoachChaz
03-03-2009, 09:49 AM
I've said it in countless posts already, but if the rest of the team gets the vibe that if he'll move Jay, then no one is safe, then maybe they work a little harder to keep their jobs. God knows that didnt happen the past 10 years and look where it got us. It's a new coach and a new look at how things are run.

I dont think anyone wants to see Cutler gone in principle. But if trading him brings back something that makes the team better than it was yesterday, you have to be okay with that. People have to accept the fact that Cutler just might not be the second son of God and that there might be a better solution to fixing this team than a strong arm

G_Money
03-03-2009, 10:00 AM
There's a fine line between scaring your players into 110% effort by threatening all their jobs, and making them think you're a fool and not doing anything for you.

Parcells is the master - MASTER - of making players uncomfortable when he gets to an organization. He cuts out the dead wood with a chainsaw. But everyone who has ever survived it and been a part of a Parcells organization would run through a brick wall for him and follow him anywhere.

The way Parcells does it creates loyalty.

Right now, I'd say this is sowing dissent.

We can survive without Cutler. But whether we're better off? That's a whole other question, and now that Plan A for potential Cutler Replacement went by the wayside, if we chose to replace him now it would be some lesser alternate plan.

Replacing a QB is something you have to do right, and we've done this very poorly, whether Cutler stays or goes.

~G

CoachChaz
03-03-2009, 10:11 AM
Until there is more evidence that they did more than listen or entertain an offer, it's ludicrous to blast them anyway.

One thing is obvious over the last few days. Those that had their own feelings hurt by the assumption that McDaniels was trying to move the golden child will NEVER be able to see anything other than the negative dissent that has been blown out of proportion.

Medford Bronco
03-03-2009, 10:14 AM
I've said it in countless posts already, but if the rest of the team gets the vibe that if he'll move Jay, then no one is safe, then maybe they work a little harder to keep their jobs. God knows that didnt happen the past 10 years and look where it got us. It's a new coach and a new look at how things are run.

I dont think anyone wants to see Cutler gone in principle. But if trading him brings back something that makes the team better than it was yesterday, you have to be okay with that. People have to accept the fact that Cutler just might not be the second son of God and that there might be a better solution to fixing this team than a strong arm

Great post :salute:

Agreed on all counts.

Kaylore
03-03-2009, 10:29 AM
We aren't trading for Shaun Rogers. The guy is a slouch and me-first type. McDaniels is bringing in high character guys that see themselves as members of team working together.

broncosinindy
03-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Please NO more browns D linemen..lol.

Better yet he used to play for Detroit.

Wether he will be traded or not. this is gonna set him back learning the new O. If him and Mcdaniels dont get along. We're in for a long year.

OrangeHoof
03-03-2009, 12:20 PM
FWIW, a proposal on one of the Texans boards would send the Broncos QB Matt Schaub, DT Travis Johnson, WR David Anderson (matching the offer sheet the Broncos signed him to last week) and a 2009 second-round choice (approx. choice #45) for Cutler and Dumerville.

While I know Dumerville is a favorite of many, he has no role in a 3-4. He's too small to be a 3-4 DE and lacks the coverage skills to play LB. It would be better to deal him to a team with a 4-3.

OrangeHoof
03-03-2009, 12:24 PM
BTW, I'm afraid until the FO has a public kiss-and-make-up with Cutler, the trade rumors and proposals are going to continue - sending Cutler to about half of the NFL's teams for who knows what. They smell blood in the water and they want in. So, if rumors of trading Cutler make you ill, it's just going to get worse - like Obama's economy.

Drill-N-Fill
03-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Judd Zulgad and Chip Scoggins of the Minneapolis Star Tribune report today about the Vikings interest in Denver quarterback Jay Cutler.

The Denver Post reported the Vikings are among the teams that have expressed interest in Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler, and talks between the sides were believed to be ongoing Monday. It remains unclear what the Vikings might be offering.

DallasChief
03-03-2009, 12:28 PM
Judd Zulgad and Chip Scoggins of the Minneapolis Star Tribune report today about the Vikings interest in Denver quarterback Jay Cutler.

The Denver Post reported the Vikings are among the teams that have expressed interest in Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler, and talks between the sides were believed to be ongoing Monday. It remains unclear what the Vikings might be offering.

Adrian Peterson.

Drill-N-Fill
03-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Adrian Peterson.

AP would be untouchable. I wouldn't mind for their 1st and half their d-line.

GEM
03-03-2009, 12:34 PM
FWIW, a proposal on one of the Texans boards would send the Broncos QB Matt Schaub, DT Travis Johnson, WR David Anderson (matching the offer sheet the Broncos signed him to last week) and a 2009 second-round choice (approx. choice #45) for Cutler and Dumerville.

While I know Dumerville is a favorite of many, he has no role in a 3-4. He's too small to be a 3-4 DE and lacks the coverage skills to play LB. It would be better to deal him to a team with a 4-3.

Matt Schaub....:puke:

claymore
03-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Adrian Peterson.

That and 2 first rounders would be a consideration. And your ass in a sling. You sob.

J/k about your ass in a sling.

DallasChief
03-03-2009, 12:41 PM
That and 2 first rounders would be a consideration. And your ass in a sling. You sob.

J/k about your ass in a sling.

AP and two first rounders for the second coming of Jeff George? I'll have what you're smoking.

getlynched47
03-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Gosh Damnit I'm getting sick and tired of McDipShit trying to trade our franchise QB and with Cutler acting like a PMS'ing bitch!!

Get over it! Pack your bags......both of you......and go to the Carribean together or something...kiss and make up so us Bronco fans can sleep well at night

getlynched47
03-03-2009, 01:51 PM
There is reportedly a "rumor" flying around that has the Browns sending Brady Quinn and Shaun Rogers for Jay Cutler and a third-round pick.

Another has Cleveland swapping Braylon Edwards for Mathias Kiwanuka, which would leave the Browns with Syndric Steptoe, Donte' Stallworth, and Martin Rucker as their top three pass catchers. The Cutler-Quinn deal seems more feasible, but the Cleveland Plain Dealer says there are "no legs to either rumor."

xzn
03-03-2009, 01:55 PM
Click on this link. Do it right now. Don't even think about posting again until you have read and comprehended it...

There is reportedly a "rumor" flying around that has the Browns sending Brady Quinn and Shaun Rogers for Jay Cutler and a third-round pick.

Another has Cleveland swapping Braylon Edwards for Mathias Kiwanuka, which would leave the Browns with Syndric Steptoe, Donte' Stallworth, and Martin Rucker as their top three pass catchers. The Cutler-Quinn deal seems more feasible, but the Cleveland Plain Dealer says there are "no legs to either rumor."

Gamechanger
03-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Matt Schaub....:puke:

better than them asking for Sage RosenPHAILS

Rex
03-03-2009, 01:59 PM
Lol.

turftoad
03-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Browns | Cutler rumor unlikely to happen
Tue, 03 Mar 2009 09:48:02 -0800

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports the rumored deal between the Cleveland Browns and Denver Broncos involving Browns QB Brady Quinn and DL Shaun Rogers in exchange for Broncos QB Jay Cutler and a third-round draft pick is unlikely to occur. Cutler is not the type of field general head coach Eric Mangini prefers in quarterbacks, while the departure of Rogers would leave a huge void in the middle of the team's defensive line - one that DL Ahtyba Rubin could not come close to filling.

xzn
03-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Browns | Cutler rumor unlikely to happen
Tue, 03 Mar 2009 09:48:02 -0800

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports the rumored deal between the Cleveland Browns and Denver Broncos involving Browns QB Brady Quinn and DL Shaun Rogers in exchange for Broncos QB Jay Cutler and a third-round draft pick is unlikely to occur. Cutler is not the type of field general head coach Eric Mangini prefers in quarterbacks, while the departure of Rogers would leave a huge void in the middle of the team's defensive line - one that DL Ahtyba Rubin could not come close to filling.

Yeah, all that and the fact that it is a total joke, literally, that was started by a very clever and savvy Broncos fan ;) just to see what would happen...:listen:

Rex
03-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Good Lord......
If this is not a perfect example of what horseshit most of these rumors are, I dont know what else.

Hook. Line. Sinker.

Lonestar
03-03-2009, 02:10 PM

I dont think anyone wants to see Cutler gone in principle. But if trading him brings back something that makes the team better than it was yesterday, you have to be okay with that. People have to accept the fact that Cutler just might not be the second son of God and that there might be a better
solution to fixing this team than a strong arm

Good post

Until there is more evidence that they did more than listen or entertain an offer, it's ludicrous to blast them anyway.

One thing is obvious over the last few days. Those that had their own feelings hurt by the assumption that McDaniels was trying to move the golden child will NEVER be able to see anything other than the negative dissent that has been blown out of proportion.

Best post of the thread..

But just be advised that many on here still pine for John to come back, that mikey is the greatest coach since Brown, Walsh and Lombardi..

Until they figure neither of them are coming back and it is time to move on they will never get over being butt hurt because of a couple of supposed phones call..

And yet they have nothing but man love for Jay who so far has shown potential for either greatness or imploding..

Right now that way he is acting I'd say the second option is more likely..

NightTrainLayne
03-03-2009, 02:14 PM
So now that everyone is aware of this after 5 pages (BroncoJoe tried 3 pages ago, but no-one paid any attention), how much does this type of thing bolster McDaniel's credibility? If MULTIPLE news outlets can run with this absurd Browns/Broncos trade story that began on a small Broncos message-board, then how much credibility do we place in the stories that McDaniel's was shopping Cutler? It could all be a bunch of hooey.

getlynched47
03-03-2009, 02:15 PM
Click on this link. Do it right now. Don't even think about posting again until you have read and comprehended it...

Gee.....thanks for your hospitality :coffee:

xzn
03-03-2009, 02:21 PM
Gee.....thanks for your hospitality :coffee:

You're welcome. Thanks for getting a clue. :welcome:

getlynched47
03-03-2009, 02:22 PM
You're welcome. Thanks for getting a clue. :welcome:

that article was from rotoworld.com

I never endorsed it or even said I believed in it.........

Maybe YOU should get a clue......or at least learn how to read :coffee:

Lonestar
03-03-2009, 02:24 PM

yes it was who copied it from broncos freak who made up the story..

GET it yet?

xzn
03-03-2009, 02:25 PM

Dude, I'm just busting your nuts. Relax.

You have opinions that's great.

Keep posting.

But perhaps it'd be wise to read through threads first and not assume that everything you read on the internet is as it appears at first glance.

BTW, I like your sigs, they rock. And I'm sorry if my tone was insulting, I was trying to be funny, not offensive. :salute:

getlynched47
03-03-2009, 02:26 PM
yes it was who copied it from broncos freak who made up the story..

GET it yet?

i know I followed the link. I just posted that rotoworld crap that was talking about the rumor SINCE THIS THREAD IS ABOUT IT!

:rolleyes:.........:doh:

getlynched47
03-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Dude, I'm just busting your nuts. Relax.

You have opinions that's great.

Keep posting.

But perhaps it'd be wise to read through threads first and not assume that everything you read on the internet is as it appears at first glance.

BTW, I like your sigs, they rock. And I'm sorry if my tone was insulting, I was trying to be funny, not offensive. :salute:

This really seems like you're being nice...

Don't even think about posting again until you have read and comprehended it...

I did not see whether that crap from rotoworld had been posted...and instead of making a new thread about it, i just posted it here. Hell no I dont believe it, I just posted it for the sake of the thread.

You should see my Brian Dawkins sig......but the damn thing got cut off :mad:

Rex
03-03-2009, 02:28 PM
LOL.

Nobody knows shit. That is the lesson here. Every stupid rumor probably starts the same way!!!

xzn
03-03-2009, 02:31 PM
:laugh:
This really seems like you're being nice...

I did not see whether that crap from rotoworld had been posted...and instead of making a new thread about it, i just posted it here. Hell no I dont believe it, I just posted it for the sake of the thread.

You should see my Brian Dawkins sig......but the damn thing got cut off :mad:

Not a personal attack. It just illustrates for ALL OF US that there is a bunch of baseless crap out there. :laugh:

claymore
03-03-2009, 02:32 PM
LOL.

Nobody knows shit. That is the lesson here. Every stupid rumor probably starts the same way!!!

Go back to www.Ihatejaycutler.com you SOB......

getlynched47
03-03-2009, 02:32 PM
:laugh:

Not a personal attack. It just illustrates for ALL OF US that there is a bunch of baseless crap out there. :laugh:

Do you want a REAL sig with that picture of Brian Dawkins and it says Weapon X?

I'll do it if you want.....they're pretty easy

xzn
03-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Do you want a REAL sig with that picture of Brian Dawkins and it says Weapon X?

I'll do it if you want.....they're pretty easy

Yeah dude, hook me up!!

Rex
03-03-2009, 02:34 PM

Go back to Ioverreactabouteverthing.com

Douche

xzn
03-03-2009, 02:35 PM
I can feel the love in this thread....

DallasChief
03-03-2009, 02:36 PM

I just saw you over at www.iswingfromjaysnutsack.com . You're a mod. Congratulations.

Rex
03-03-2009, 02:37 PM
I just saw you over at www.iswingfromjaysnutsack.com . You're a mod. Congratulations.

You did? I saw him at http://IspankitthinkingaboutCutler.com. Some of the members told me he owned the site.

claymore
03-03-2009, 02:38 PM
Go back to Ioverreactabouteverthing.com

Douche

Im just defending my brother Jay Cutler.

getlynched47
03-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Yeah dude, hook me up!!

I got you......just give me like a day and I'll hook you up ;)

:lol:

xzn
03-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Lmao

Rex
03-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Im just teabagging my man crush Jay Cutler.

I always thought you liked bewbs

Harkov
03-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Yeah, all that and the fact that it is a total joke, literally, that was started by a very clever and savvy Broncos fan ;) just to see what would happen...:listen:

;) Sorry so many of you were taken for a ride on this. It really was done just to prove that so many of these stories are complete BS. But hey, with all the coverage now, I am beginning to believe it myself :D

Broncogator
03-03-2009, 02:45 PM
How come none of those links work?? :confused:

Rex
03-03-2009, 02:47 PM
How come none of those links work?? :confused:

Who is the dude in your sig?

Broncogator
03-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Who is the dude in your sig?

That's our 5 million dollar long snapper :D

MadMax
03-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Harkov, I'm curious you just posted this as if it were a real story on the front page of broncosfreak? Did PFT or Yahoo sports even send you an e-mail telling you they were going to use your story as a source or did you find out when it started making the rounds? Either way well done freaking hilarious.

getlynched47
03-03-2009, 02:50 PM
That's our 5 million dollar long snapper :D

I wanna know who the girl is in your sig.......I mean I REALLY REALLY want to get to know her.........

Harkov
03-03-2009, 03:00 PM
Harkov, I'm curious you just posted this as if it were a real story on the front page of broncosfreak? Did PFT or Yahoo sports even send you an e-mail telling you they were going to use your story as a source or did you find out when it started making the rounds? Either way well done freaking hilarious.

No, neither of them contacted me. I just noticed a huge spike in traffic this morning, and said, wtf? Then I saw the pft link. It grew from there.

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
03-03-2009, 03:02 PM
this is all bull

Harkov
03-03-2009, 03:03 PM
this is all bull

I don't know, I heard they were just trying to sort out the draft pick involved...:D

Lonestar
03-03-2009, 03:31 PM
Just heard colin cower on "the herd" just mentioned this rumor.. had to chuckle about it..

just sent him a email with a link to quote the article..

Harkov
03-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Yeah, and Pat Kirwan just mentioned it on Sirius...too funny :)

claymore
03-03-2009, 03:37 PM
Yeah, and Pat Kirwan just mentioned it on Sirius...too funny :)

Start a rumor that McDaniels is going to apologize.

CoachChaz
03-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Dear Jay, Broncos players and fans alike,

I would like to formally apologize for acting like most coaches past and present by looking into opportunities to make this Broncos team better. I understand that Jay is seen as the savior of all man and I never should have considered that parting with the greatest QB ever would have been a good idea. Somewhere along the line I must have forgotten that having the strongest arm in the history of the world in our backfield would be the cure to all the problems this team has faced over the past few years.

Regardless of what Jay does or doesnt do on the field, I will always treat him like the God he assumed to be and let him dictate how business is run in this organization.

Sincerely,

Josh McDaniels

claymore
03-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Dear Jay, Broncos players and fans alike,

I would like to formally apologize for acting like most coaches past and present by looking into opportunities to make this Broncos team better. I understand that Jay is seen as the savior of all man and I never should have considered that parting with the greatest QB ever would have been a good idea. Somewhere along the line I must have forgotten that having the strongest arm in the history of the world in our backfield would be the cure to all the problems this team has faced over the past few years.

Regardless of what Jay does or doesnt do on the field, I will always treat him like the God he assumed to be and let him dictate how business is run in this organization.

Sincerely,

Josh McDaniels
Close. :D

Rex
03-03-2009, 05:00 PM
Dear Claymore,

Reach between your legs.....feel around and check and see if your nuts are still there. If not, please check Jay Cutler's locker.

Sincerlely,

cswil

fcspikeit
03-04-2009, 04:31 AM
Close. :D

This would do..

"To whomever it may concern,

My commitment has been and will be as long as I am the head football coach of the Denver Broncos, will be the improvement of the Denver Broncos. After some careful reconsideration, I felt it was in the best interest of the Denver Broncos to address the events that transpired in regards to the Cutler trade talks.

We were approached with a trade offer for Jay Cutler, beings the trade had the potential to better the Denver Broncos, we felt it was in the best interest's of the organization to further explore the details of the trade.

In the end, we felt the compensation wasn't equal to what Jay Cutler brings to the Denver Broncos. Therefore, we felt it was in the best interest of the organization to have Jay Cutler as our starting Quarterback in 2009 and future years beyond that.

We regret any confusion our previous statement might have caused. After careful consideration on the matter, we felt the best way to move forward from here, was to try and clear up any and all confusion regarding this madder.

We also felt it important to restate our commitment to Jay Cutler, I hope we can put all this behind us and work together in implementing our new offensive scheme. I feel he is instrumental in this and I look forward to working with him in the future months ahead."

IMO that would do it..

He wouldn't be lying because I'm sure if they really wanted he could have got Cassel for our 1st round pick. The new info suggests we offered NE our 2nd (48th) round pick. As it turns out, KS offered the better 2nd round pick (44th) as to why they probably went with them in the trade..

Anyways it looks like it would have been a pretty fair deal for the Broncos if we received the Lions 2 1st round picks for Cutler. That means McDaniels was possibly looking to better the Broncos by the trade talks, but he showed he had his limit with only offering NE our 2nd round pick for Cassel. The only problem that leaves is the fact he lied about wanting to trade Cutler. That is really what upset Cutler. IMO this statement would clear the air and regain some trust with Cutler, the Broncos and the fans..