PDA

View Full Version : Harris and Miller Named to All-Rookie Team

Denver Native (Carol)
01-16-2012, 04:36 PM
Pro Football Weekly and the Professional Football Writers of America announced their annual All-Rookie team on Monday. Broncos cornerback Chris Harris (named as a safety) and linebacker Von Miller represented Denver on the squad.

Harris, who was signed by the Broncos as a college free agent out of Kansas, finished the regular season ranked fourth on the team with 65 tackles. He also intercepted one pass and broke up six others. Harris was the team’s nickel cornerback for the majority of the season, but was selected to the All-Rookie team as a safety.

rest of article - http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/harris-and-miller-named-to-all-rookie-team/

topscribe
01-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Good on Miller and Harris. I’m really disappointed, however, that Franklin didn’t
get some of the accolades, having played on the line that produced the #1
rushing team in the league.

It is my understanding that Nate Irving spent the season largely still recovering
from his knee injury. One might wonder how he would have done, had he been
healthy and out there.

Northman
01-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Awesome.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-16-2012, 04:57 PM
I love that both Von and Chris made the All-Rookie-Team, but IMO, it says more about Harris making it than Von - Von was the #2 pick in the draft, Harris was an undrafted college free agent. Most of them do not even make a team, let alone being selected to the All-Rookie-Team.

BORDERLINE
01-16-2012, 05:10 PM
congrats for them!!!!

would have liked to see all of our defensive players make the team

but we can't have it all can we

chazoe60
01-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Von was a shoe in but I was surprised by Harris getting recognition. I knew he did well but I didn't expectthe national media to take much notice. Good for him that's awesome.

BTW, it's interesting that he made it as a Safety. His tackling, IMO, is his best attribute.

NightTerror218
01-16-2012, 05:59 PM
will Harris step up and replace Goodman next season?

G_Money
01-16-2012, 06:13 PM
Harris is a great nickel. Let him be that.

Stoked that he got national recognition - I didn't expect that.

But let him lock down the nickel and get an RCB in here. Moving Harris out of position to a "more important" one and potentially getting less production out of him that way seems iffy to me.

Nickel's a hugely valuable position to lock down in a pass-crazy NFL. Pencil him in there and get an outside add to fix Goodman's position.

~G

iLands
01-16-2012, 06:15 PM
Great for Harris! He really broke out.

camdisco24
01-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Chris Harris was one of my favorite players to watch this year. Especially considering how he got here. Hope to see continued improvement from the guy.

TXBRONC
01-16-2012, 10:42 PM
I love that both Von and Chris made the All-Rookie-Team, but IMO, it says more about Harris making it than Von - Von was the #2 pick in the draft, Harris was an undrafted college free agent. Most of them do not even make a team, let alone being selected to the All-Rookie-Team.

Chris was a very nice surprise this year. I sure hope that he just builds on this and keeps getting better.

VonSackemMiller
01-16-2012, 10:58 PM
good job.

SOCALORADO.
01-17-2012, 09:08 AM

NO! Harris will continue to play the nickel! Hes excellent. Also solid safety depth. DEN needs a few more players on defense to do this though. I would hope that Harris can develop into a "Big Nickel" defender against all these damn elite TEs.
Goodman just need to go now.
DEN needs to look at a CB in the 1st of this years draft.
Dennard or Minnifield.
Good for Harris.

Joel
01-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Sure hope so, and that we draft or otherwise sign a shutdown CB anyway so we can move Champ to FS. That would dramatically improve three starting spots in our secondary with the acquisition of a single player.

Congrats to both he and Miller on their much deserved recognition.

MOtorboat
01-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Harris has been awesome. Great diamond in the rough type find.

NightTerror218
01-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Sure hope so, and that we draft or otherwise sign a shutdown CB anyway so we can move Champ to FS. That would dramatically improve three starting spots in our secondary with the acquisition of a single player.

Congrats to both he and Miller on their much deserved recognition.

I was thinking that Harris is gaining excellent experience at nickle and learning the game and with improvement could be a great CB to replace goodman.