PDA

View Full Version : G Money, your services are required...

Slick
03-02-2009, 08:08 PM
Dear G,

I can't seem to wade through all of the bullshit that I've read over the last day or two. I need you to tell me what to think, where this team is headed, and how we have done so far in the free agency avenue.

I'm hoping for a long, thought out post with a little humor and wit.

I've never enjoyed it when I surface from the deep and the boat just keeps circling and circling, never slowing to stop and pick my sorry ass up.

Impressions and guidance are needed in these trying times.

Thank you,
Your friend,
Slick

BeefStew25
03-02-2009, 08:11 PM
G Money has been on point with this whole thing, Slick.

BeefStew25
03-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Oh, yeah, and Mo has been an Emo willow midget homo.

Slick
03-02-2009, 08:13 PM
G Money has been on point with this whole thing, Slick.

You can always count on G.

West
03-02-2009, 08:22 PM
You can always count on G.

Yes. G is very knowledgable and realistic. I swear if it weren't for boobies, 75% of this board would have taken that step off the ledge.

Slick
03-02-2009, 08:24 PM

One of the first times I have to disagree with you beefcake. I think Mo has kept his head.

JKcatch724
03-02-2009, 08:30 PM
I think yardog and tubby's service's are required to join forces to create a mix of :tsk:'s and dogs pooping on lawns.

dogfish
03-02-2009, 08:36 PM

you take that back! his three hundred "jay cutler is a drama queen" posts have really added a lot of constructive input to the discussion. . .

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 08:37 PM
you take that back! his three hundred "jay cutler is a drama queen" posts have really added a lot of constructive input to the discussion. . .

Yeah, because the McDaniels nickname thread is REAL productive. :tsk:

claymore
03-02-2009, 08:50 PM
If I were to have sex with a man it would be slick. Or TD.......... Im not sure, and I like Chocolate. So its undecided.

Rex
03-02-2009, 08:54 PM
If I were to have sex with a man it would be slick. Or TD.......... Im not sure, and I like Chocolate. So its undecided.

You lying trailer park midget loving homo.

You would do Mo so fast that his ass hymen would probably rupture in anticipation.

NameUsedBefore
03-02-2009, 08:55 PM
There's essentially two camps; Cutler is a crybaby nanny or McDaniels is a back-stabbing dipshit.

~G has found a very reasonable line between the two.

Rex
03-02-2009, 08:56 PM
There's essentially two camps; Cutler is a crybaby nanny or McDaniels is a back-stabbing dipshit.

~G has found a very reasonable line between the two.

Lines are blurred when it comes to G money. He is an enigma.

G....
when you answer this, will you post some more pics of your friend with the nice thick booty in her panties?

TIA

JKcatch724
03-02-2009, 10:26 PM
G Money for Head Coach... :coffee:

...and PR director.

shank
03-02-2009, 10:52 PM
i think i have given G at least 439 high fives in the last 3 days

Davii
03-02-2009, 11:08 PM
i think i have given G at least 439 high fives in the last 3 days

Shank, you're behind. Please catch up. TIA.

G_Money
03-02-2009, 11:08 PM
:lol:

Okay, Slick, a sum up for you:

The Broncos FO fielded calls (or made them, depending on who you ask) from the Bucs and Lions for Cutler. Cutler got his nuts twisted when he heard about it third-hand and stood up screaming, "ATTICA! ATTICA!"

McDaniels plugged his ears and said, "Nah nah nah, I can't hear you."

Then he sent some wilted flowers to Jay that he bought off a bum on a street corner for a dollar. Jay jumped up and down on them in a fit of pique and shut himself in his room and is now listening to Nirvana on never-ending repeat, while McDaniels can't figure out what he did wrong, and is practicing his, "Who me? Totally innocent" face in the mirror.

This is all obscuring our free-agent acquisitions. Brian Dawkins is excellent. He's the same pickup as Lynch was when we added him a few years back. We're likely in for the same ride - a couple years of a ferocious leader and player with as much heart as anyone in the league, a year of decent play as he declines, and then bottoming out. I'll take it. We needed the leadership void filled, especially on D, and Dawkins does that. He takes over from DJ as the immediate team captain, day one, a role DJ will be MORE than happy to hand over.

Goodman's a decent corner, nothing special - about what Bly was when we added him, but for half the price. He fits a press scheme fine and is a bit better tackler than Bly, so he should acquit himself adequately. Not something to jump for joy about, but we replaced Bly with another Bly and saved a lil cash in future years if my figures are right, so it's doable.

Replacing our long snapper is stupid, but McD wanted to do it, and we can't stop him. It's far from a make or break - just energy and money we didn't have to spend, and now it's gonna cost more to re-sign Wiegmann since our long-snapper is out-earning our Pro-Bowl center.

It looks like Arrington isn't coming after all, which is good. I don't like paying guys with his skillset any kind of money, since I should be able to add them for practically nothing. In fact, we let go a kid who filled the same function. We shouldn't have to pay for Arrington.

Buckhalter's decent at RB. I would have thought his knees would be gone, but he's probably got a couple decent years in him. Of course, we added him for four...but think of it like adding Pittman last year. Vet, knows the ropes, has been a backup but knows how to run. He's fine. I wouldn't skip adding another back, but he's a decent one to add to the stable.

Andra Davis is a decent LB. He's not great, but he's better than Webster or Winborn. Reynaldo Hill is a second quality safety, and a safety tandem of Hill and Dawkins is miles - MILES - better than McCree and Manuel.

But we still need pressure and run-stopping power, and so far our DL additions are a special teamer who isn't really proven 3-4 material and...um...crap. Which is a problem. Rookie DL don't blow the joint up in almost all cases, and we're still short players up there.

So as far as turning over the back 7 on defense, we've done adequately, and added some leadership. We also added a WR in Gaffey that I was hoping would see the field as much as DJack did last year, preferrably less, but if Marshall gets suspended for half the year his field time could go up dramatically - and that's not good.

That's the real problem: our offensive woes are overshadowing a couple of adequate steps to shoring up the D. We tried this approach to FA last year - bring in a buncha guys who are vets and have been around but aren't stars and let them do their thing. It blew up in our face. Roleplayers were forced to try to be starters and failed, WRs choked, safeties sucked hard. Hopefully this batch is better. On paper, they look better. But they're not gonna carry us to victory.

That's the job of Marshall and Cutler, both of whom are involved right now in stupid-ass conflicts that may cost them part or all of their future with us. Marshall with his arrest and then dismissal of charges that may still cost him half the year, and Cutler with this spanking-new coaches feud.

Look for at least one more DL addition of note in FA, and then some training camp bodies. The draft is gonna be a key, and depending on what happens with Cutler I'm looking at NT, LB (still could use one), RB, WR, TE, OG/C as key draft positions. My off-the-cuff board right now, with Marshall still having law trouble and being a FA next year, would go Crabtree-if-he-falls/Brace/Laurinaitis (yes, I think he can go all the way to the 3rd)/Jennings/Shawn Nelson/Eric Wood for those positions.

This would be a replacement of Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler, most likely, and an acknowledgement that we're likely not going to retain the services of Cutler but he's ours for this year as we work that out. I'm not especially doomsday about it, there's just an ill wind blowing through here and I think we could screw this up a lot and have to re-tool the offense significantly. There are worse things, and that sort of a draft would help us a lot in mitigating the damage.

The Broncos are in transition. They're going through the transition without the smoothness I was hoping for. Maybe the seas calm down, maybe they get rougher, but there's definitely a transition going on. We're not done. There are more Shanahan Broncos on their way out the door, and more new bodies coming in.

On defense, this is good.

On offense...well, we'll see what McDaniels knows or doesn't know as he retools. If he butchers this thing with Cutler then we'll see if he's as smart as he thinks he is. Drew Bledsoe was highly-touted, but couldn't do what Brady could do. It's always possible Cutler could be Bledsoe. But McDaniels has one shot to get his QB right, or it will be an anchor around his neck that he will not be able to shake.

I'd prefer Cutler stay, and Marshall stay, but Marshall's continuing law issues - even if this one goes away - would make me as an owner or a coach very leery of giving him $50+ million of my money to play with.

And if Marshall goes, and Scheffler goes, I don't see how you talk Cutler into staying. I think he takes a trade or FA raft outta here.

So right now I'm hoping that Marshall doesn't get suspended, and Cutler and McD patch this up this week, and everybody gets gung ho about the season, and our draft rox my sox...

But I'm making contingency plans in my head to keep the Broncos afloat long enough to get mean and dangerous again. I suggest you do the same. ;)

For cswil, and to put a nice end on this long, rambling, useless post, I'll close with my snowboarding crazy-fun journalist friend:

http://i40.tinypic.com/dop91g.jpg

I figured you might want to see that the front's just as good. Hope she can put a smile on your face after the rough few days we've had. ;)

ciao.

~G

NameUsedBefore
03-02-2009, 11:11 PM
*smokes a cigarette*

Lonestar
03-02-2009, 11:23 PM
*smokes a cigarette*

in your fondest/wildest dreams..:laugh:

Timmy!
03-02-2009, 11:40 PM
One day I will have a beer with G, and my IQ will go up 5 points.

JKcatch724
03-02-2009, 11:43 PM
G, I command you to apply for a job at espn.com to replace Gene Wojchosojdh. You have a literate gift, my friend. In fact, that post was less biased than his joke of an article. But I digress.

What a horrid weekend for Bronco fans. Whether you're on Team Cutler or Team McXandersPat, this has been the weekend from hell that only Dallas Cowboys fans could imagine. It's nice to have it put into perspective.

I think Broncos fans worldwide need to take a collective deep breath and look at the big picture, and look at this one year at a time. Jay will put on the orange and blue next year. And though Brandon may not for however long, our offense should function well above average in his absence (THANK God for Jabar Gaffney, crazy as it sounds).

Bottom line, we are a Dr. Phil and a lucky Goodell sentence away from being a FAR better team than last year. Will that happen? Time will tell, but it's certainly feasible. I've still got faith.

It's Monday, after all... the weekend from hell is over.

omac
03-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Replacing our long snapper is stupid, but McD wanted to do it, and we can't stop him. It's far from a make or break - just energy and money we didn't have to spend, and now it's gonna cost more to re-sign Wiegmann since our long-snapper is out-earning our Pro-Bowl center.

LOL! Make sure to keep your incoming long snapper happy, before your probowl center. Gotta keep priorities straight. :D

TXBRONC
03-03-2009, 12:11 AM
G, I command you to apply for a job at espn.com to replace Gene Wojchosojdh. You have a literate gift, my friend. In fact, that post was less biased than his joke of an article. But I digress.

What a horrid weekend for Bronco fans. Whether you're on Team Cutler or Team McXandersPat, this has been the weekend from hell that only Dallas Cowboys fans could imagine. It's nice to have it put into perspective.

I think Broncos fans worldwide need to take a collective deep breath and look at the big picture, and look at this one year at a time. Jay will put on the orange and blue next year. And though Brandon may not for however long, our offense should function well above average in his absence (THANK God for Jabar Gaffney, crazy as it sounds).

Bottom line, we are a Dr. Phil and a lucky Goodell sentence away from being a FAR better team than last year. Will that happen? Time will tell, but it's certainly feasible. I've still got faith.

It's Monday, after all... the weekend from hell is over.

I think in the end we're all still fans and ultimately I think we all want this team to be successful.

TXBRONC
03-03-2009, 12:12 AM
*smokes a cigarette*

Are you even old enough to smoke NUB? :D

dogfish
03-03-2009, 12:13 AM
damn! G, she is FINE!

:salute:

JKcatch724
03-03-2009, 12:24 AM
I think in the end we're all still fans and ultimately I think we all want this team to be successful.

I'm gonna roughly quote Joe on this, but Cutler or not, the Broncos will be the Broncos. Cue up the Aretha Franklin, cuz we will survive.

TXBRONC
03-03-2009, 12:38 AM
I'm gonna roughly quote Joe on this, but Cutler or not, the Broncos will be the Broncos. Cue up the Aretha Franklin, cuz we will survive.

Gloria Gaynor sang "I Will Survive"

Aretha sang "R-E-S-P-E-C-T"

Both are very fitting.

shank
03-03-2009, 01:28 AM
G do you have daughters, cause i want to get in on your genetics.

Northman
03-03-2009, 01:29 AM
Dear G,

I can't seem to wade through all of the bullshit that I've read over the last day or two. I need you to tell me what to think, where this team is headed, and how we have done so far in the free agency avenue.

I'm hoping for a long, thought out post with a little humor and wit.

I've never enjoyed it when I surface from the deep and the boat just keeps circling and circling, never slowing to stop and pick my sorry ass up.

Impressions and guidance are needed in these trying times.

Thank you,
Your friend,
Slick

Thats not a boat circling you. Its a White Pointer. :D

Medford Bronco
03-03-2009, 01:34 AM
:lol:

Okay, Slick, a sum up for you:

The Broncos FO fielded calls (or made them, depending on who you ask) from the Bucs and Lions for Cutler. Cutler got his nuts twisted when he heard about it third-hand and stood up screaming, "ATTICA! ATTICA!"

McDaniels plugged his ears and said, "Nah nah nah, I can't hear you."

Then he sent some wilted flowers to Jay that he bought off a bum on a street corner for a dollar. Jay jumped up and down on them in a fit of pique and shut himself in his room and is now listening to Nirvana on never-ending repeat, while McDaniels can't figure out what he did wrong, and is practicing his, "Who me? Totally innocent" face in the mirror.

This is all obscuring our free-agent acquisitions. Brian Dawkins is excellent. He's the same pickup as Lynch was when we added him a few years back. We're likely in for the same ride - a couple years of a ferocious leader and player with as much heart as anyone in the league, a year of decent play as he declines, and then bottoming out. I'll take it. We needed the leadership void filled, especially on D, and Dawkins does that. He takes over from DJ as the immediate team captain, day one, a role DJ will be MORE than happy to hand over.

Goodman's a decent corner, nothing special - about what Bly was when we added him, but for half the price. He fits a press scheme fine and is a bit better tackler than Bly, so he should acquit himself adequately. Not something to jump for joy about, but we replaced Bly with another Bly and saved a lil cash in future years if my figures are right, so it's doable.

It looks like Arrington isn't coming after all, which is good. I don't like paying guys with his skillset any kind of money, since I should be able to add them for practically nothing. In fact, we let go a kid who filled the same function. We shouldn't have to pay for Arrington.

Buckhalter's decent at RB. I would have thought his knees would be gone, but he's probably got a couple decent years in him. Of course, we added him for four...but think of it like adding Pittman last year. Vet, knows the ropes, has been a backup but knows how to run. He's fine. I wouldn't skip adding another back, but he's a decent one to add to the stable.

Andra Davis is a decent LB. He's not great, but he's better than Webster or Winborn. Reynaldo Hill is a second quality safety, and a safety tandem of Hill and Dawkins is miles - MILES - better than McCree and Manuel.

But we still need pressure and run-stopping power, and so far our DL additions are a special teamer who isn't really proven 3-4 material and...um...crap. Which is a problem. Rookie DL don't blow the joint up in almost all cases, and we're still short players up there.

So as far as turning over the back 7 on defense, we've done adequately, and added some leadership. We also added a WR in Gaffey that I was hoping would see the field as much as DJack did last year, preferrably less, but if Marshall gets suspended for half the year his field time could go up dramatically - and that's not good.

That's the real problem: our offensive woes are overshadowing a couple of adequate steps to shoring up the D. We tried this approach to FA last year - bring in a buncha guys who are vets and have been around but aren't stars and let them do their thing. It blew up in our face. Roleplayers were forced to try to be starters and failed, WRs choked, safeties sucked hard. Hopefully this batch is better. On paper, they look better. But they're not gonna carry us to victory.

That's the job of Marshall and Cutler, both of whom are involved right now in stupid-ass conflicts that may cost them part or all of their future with us. Marshall with his arrest and then dismissal of charges that may still cost him half the year, and Cutler with this spanking-new coaches feud.

Look for at least one more DL addition of note in FA, and then some training camp bodies. The draft is gonna be a key, and depending on what happens with Cutler I'm looking at NT, LB (still could use one), RB, WR, TE, OG/C as key draft positions. My off-the-cuff board right now, with Marshall still having law trouble and being a FA next year, would go Crabtree-if-he-falls/Brace/Laurinaitis (yes, I think he can go all the way to the 3rd)/Jennings/Shawn Nelson/Eric Wood for those positions.

This would be a replacement of Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler, most likely, and an acknowledgement that we're likely not going to retain the services of Cutler but he's ours for this year as we work that out. I'm not especially doomsday about it, there's just an ill wind blowing through here and I think we could screw this up a lot and have to re-tool the offense significantly. There are worse things, and that sort of a draft would help us a lot in mitigating the damage.

The Broncos are in transition. They're going through the transition without the smoothness I was hoping for. Maybe the seas calm down, maybe they get rougher, but there's definitely a transition going on. We're not done. There are more Shanahan Broncos on their way out the door, and more new bodies coming in.

On defense, this is good.

On offense...well, we'll see what McDaniels knows or doesn't know as he retools. If he butchers this thing with Cutler then we'll see if he's as smart as he thinks he is. Drew Bledsoe was highly-touted, but couldn't do what Brady could do. It's always possible Cutler could be Bledsoe. But McDaniels has one shot to get his QB right, or it will be an anchor around his neck that he will not be able to shake.

I'd prefer Cutler stay, and Marshall stay, but Marshall's continuing law issues - even if this one goes away - would make me as an owner or a coach very leery of giving him $50+ million of my money to play with.

And if Marshall goes, and Scheffler goes, I don't see how you talk Cutler into staying. I think he takes a trade or FA raft outta here.

So right now I'm hoping that Marshall doesn't get suspended, and Cutler and McD patch this up this week, and everybody gets gung ho about the season, and our draft rox my sox...

But I'm making contingency plans in my head to keep the Broncos afloat long enough to get mean and dangerous again. I suggest you do the same. ;)

For cswil, and to put a nice end on this long, rambling, useless post, I'll close with my snowboarding crazy-fun journalist friend:

http://i40.tinypic.com/dop91g.jpg

I figured you might want to see that the front's just as good. Hope she can put a smile on your face after the rough few days we've had. ;)

ciao.

~G

One of the best posts ever:salute:

YOu should write full time. You have a huge gift and it is much appreciated here.

the girl is enfuego as well. great for all of us too:cool:

DenBronx
03-03-2009, 02:40 AM
Dear G,

Please post more pics of your nearly naked snow buddy.

Sincerely,

DenBronx

JKcatch724
03-03-2009, 03:01 AM
Gloria Gaynor sang "I Will Survive"

Aretha sang "R-E-S-P-E-C-T"

Both are very fitting.

I guess I'm not so knowledgeable on my Motown history as I thought :beer:

Rex
03-03-2009, 08:42 AM
G...

I really dont know what to say.

BigDaddyBronco
03-03-2009, 08:50 AM
G...

I really dont know what to say.
Thank you.

Slick
03-03-2009, 08:54 AM
What a wonderful thing to wake up to. I feel like I should make breakfast...and the snow bunny...what a nice bonus. I wasn't expecting that. I didn't mean to put you on front street like that G, but I was confused and lost. Thanks for taking the time. :beer:

BroncoJoe
03-03-2009, 09:12 AM
Dear ~G,

:congrats:

Sincerely,

BroncoJoe.

BeefStew25
03-03-2009, 05:15 PM
G,

Um, do you have one of you also? Preferably full frontal. TIA.