PDA

View Full Version : Broncos add Ronald Fields

Italianmobstr7
03-02-2009, 07:34 PM
BRONCOS ADD RONALD FIELDS
Posted by Aaron Wilson on March 2, 2009, 7:29 p.m.
The Denver Broncos agreed to a two-year, $5 million contract with San Francisco 49ers free agent defensive tackle Ronald Fields, according to a league source.

The 6-foot-2, 315-pound defensive lineman played in all 16 games last season. He was credited with 19 tackles, according to NFL.com.

In four NFL seasons, the former Mississippi State player has registered 75 tackles and one sack.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

getlynched47
03-02-2009, 07:36 PM
a whooping 19 tackles :laugh:

He should be solid depth at defensive end I guess...I dont know if we could rely on him to be our nose tackle though

JKcatch724
03-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Nolan guy. Not who I was looking for, but I don't know if there's much better out there. I still expect a DT in the first two rounds.

getlynched47
03-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Nolan guy. Not who I was looking for, but I don't know if there's much better out there. I still expect a DT in the first two rounds.

For sure.....if we dont get lucky with Raji falling to 12...I say we trade down in the 1st round and grab Ron Brace...he wont be available with our 2nd round pick.

Italianmobstr7
03-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Fields was playing behind some other DT's in San Fran. Didn't get a lot of playing time. He might get more here. We'll have to wait and see.

EMB6903
03-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Brace could very well be there in the 2nd for us

G_Money
03-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Man, we really want to lock up the market on depth players.

~G

getlynched47
03-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Brace could very well be there in the 2nd for us

:laugh: there's no way Ron Brace will be there with our 2nd round pick...I guarantee it dude

BroncoWave
03-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Yay, a Mississippi State guy! I am on board with this pickup! :salute:

EMB6903
03-02-2009, 07:41 PM
:laugh: there's no way Ron Brace will be there with our 2nd round pick...I guarantee it dude

what makes you say that?

a lot of teams could stay away from brace knowing he played aside an elite defensive tackle prospect, you act like hes a 1st round prospect.

JKcatch724
03-02-2009, 07:43 PM

~G

True, but I don't look at it as a bad thing. You have to have good depth to win in this league, and judging by the injury bug that's been going around Denver the past couple years, that's exactly what we'll need.

I don't think any of the FA signees aside from Dawkins are a lock to start.

getlynched47
what makes you say that?

a lot of teams could stay away from brace knowing he played aside an elite defensive tackle prospect, you act like hes a 1st round prospect.

His performance at the senior bowl and combine propelled him to the end of the 1st round.

Do you honestly think that only 1 Defensive Tackle will go in the first round?

BJ Raji, Peria Jerry, and Ron Brace will all be first round picks...book it :salute:

roomemp
With the way free agency has gone so far, it looks like we are going to be drafting all defense unless some great offensive player falls into our lap. This is an ok signing. Just more depth.

JKcatch724
03-02-2009, 07:45 PM
what makes you say that?

Ya, I don't see him creeping up into the first. Everything I've seen on him says he's a second rounder.

claymore
03-02-2009, 07:47 PM

~G
LOL. G Please tell me when I can be mad about McDaniels.

roomemp
03-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Ya, I don't see him creeping up into the first. Everything I've seen on him says he's a second rounder.

Isn't Brace projected as the 2nd best NT in the draft? If so, I could see him going late 1st or very early 2nd. I don't think he will make it to our 2nd round pick.

getlynched47
03-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Isn't Brace projected as the 2nd best NT in the draft? If so, I could see him going late 1st or very early 2nd. I don't think he will make it to our 2nd round pick.

BINGO!! We have a winner... :salute: :salute:

EMB6903
03-02-2009, 07:50 PM
His performance at the senior bowl and combine propelled him to the end of the 1st round.

Do you honestly think that only 1 Defensive Tackle will go in the first round?

BJ Raji, Peria Jerry, and Ron Brace will all be first round picks...book it :salute:

no, Peria Jerry (who had a better senior bowl performance) will go ahead of Brace, who would take a chance on brace in the 1st??

I think a lot of you Bronco fans are hyping up Ron Brace to be some big time prospect JUST because hes 334 pounds and because we desperately need a NT.

I'd be very surprised if a team took a chance on him in the 1st round and do not think hes a top 40 prospect in this draft.

getlynched47
03-02-2009, 07:53 PM
no, Peria Jerry (who had a better senior bowl performance) will go ahead of Brace, who would take a chance on brace in the 1st??

I think a lot of you Bronco fans are hyping up Ron Brace to be some big time prospect JUST because hes 334 pounds and because we desperately need a NT.

I'd be very surprised if a team took a chance on him in the 1st round and do not think hes a top 40 prospect in this draft.

You have to think about scheme also.

Many more teams are running the 3-4 defensive scheme now. Peria Jerry IS NOT a 3-4 Nose Tackle.

BJ Raji and Ron Brace are.......

For that reason, Ron Brace will be a 1st round pick because Nose Tackles in a 3-4 are harder to find than your average 3-technique, gap shooting, defensive tackles :salute:

dogfish
03-02-2009, 07:56 PM
enh. . . at least he gives us some size on the nose, but IMO he's not more than a rotational guy-- if we're looking at him as a starter (which at this point i'm afraid we are), whoever plays ILB better be damn good at shedding blocks. . . .

and brace as a first rounder? i really don't see it, but you never know until it actually goes down. . . .

JKcatch724
03-02-2009, 07:57 PM

Many more teams are running the 3-4 defensive scheme now. Peria Jerry IS NOT a 3-4 Nose Tackle.

For that reason, Ron Brace will be a 1st round pick because Nose Tackles in a 3-4 are harder to find than your average 3-technique, gap shooting, defensive tackles :salute:

Raji and Jerry will go in the first. Brace played alongside Raji, a much better prospect. I doubt anyone will take a stab at him in the first unless maybe a team like us in desperate need of a NT somehow end up with two first rounders.

EMB6903
03-02-2009, 07:58 PM

who said peria Jerry was a 3-4 nose tackle?

you asked me if I thought only 1 DEFENSIVE TACKLE was going in the 1st round, thats why I brought up Peria Jerry (who I think is athletic enough to play a 4 technique in a 3-4 scheme)

what 3-4 teams that are drafting in the later round would take a chance on Brace in the 1st?

New England, San Diego (would be a big time reach), Pittsburgh? I cant see teams being desperate enough to draft him in the 1st round JUST because hes a NT

like I said earlier I would be surprised if Brace WASNT there at 48 for Denver to draft.

BroncoAV06
03-02-2009, 08:01 PM

Is a team going to take Brace in the top 20? Top 15? Thats where the majority of the 3-4 teams are at the moment and whenyou get into the 20's you have teams looking for play makers and O-lineman. Maybe Miami might look at him but if a pass rusher slips that is where the Phins will most likely go. The Colts are in need of a DT Brace though not there style, Jerry fits better with them.

So I could see Brace making it out of the first round but to Denvers pick in the 2nd could be a bit of a streatch I agree.

As for Fields, depth, played in a 3-4. Don't know why you would expect big numbers, 19 tackles from a guy who was not a starter.

getlynched47
03-02-2009, 08:01 PM
Raji and Jerry will go in the first. Brace played alongside Raji, a much better prospect. I doubt anyone will take a stab at him in the first unless maybe a team like us in desperate need of a NT somehow end up with two first rounders.

There's always that 2nd round prospect that goes in the first round.......Ron Brace is that prospect......

I wouldnt be surprised if Brace was taken ahead of Peria Jerry because, like I said, 3-4 Nose Tackles are more valuable and harder to find than penetrating 4-3 defensive tackles

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 08:02 PM

~G

There's absolutely nothing wrong with building your team that way...McDaniels is using Pioli and Belichick's stint in New England as a blue print. The year Pioli arrived, he and Belichick went out and signed 22 free agents and cleaned house his first year in New England. Guys that could come in and instill a system and leadership, and get them through a year, especially on defense. Then...they hit in the draft.

It takes some balls to do it, but if you can hit in the draft...its a solid foundation, and a team-building theory that works.

getlynched47
03-02-2009, 08:06 PM
who said peria Jerry was a 3-4 nose tackle?

you asked me if I thought only 1 DEFENSIVE TACKLE was going in the 1st round, thats why I brought up Peria Jerry (who I think is athletic enough to play a 4 technique in a 3-4 scheme)

what 3-4 teams that are drafting in the later round would take a chance on Brace in the 1st?

New England, San Diego (would be a big time reach), Pittsburgh? I cant see teams being desperate enough to draft him in the 1st round JUST because hes a NT

like I said earlier I would be surprised if Brace WASNT there at 48 for Denver to draft.

I'm not arguing with you. You bring up valid points. But I believe that 3 defensive tackles will go in the 1st. Obviously Raji is a top-10 pick (unless by some luck he slides to us at 12), Peria Jerry could only play defensive end in a 3-4, he's not that huge run-stuffing presence but he's a great player for a team like the Titans or Bucaneers. Ron Brace is the next best run-stuffing defensive tackle, and their value is far greater than a 4-3 defensive tackle IMO.

weazel
03-02-2009, 08:07 PM
so it looks like we fired Shanahan to hire a guy that signs the same players Shanahan would have. The signings all look like the same patchwork Shanahan has made the last 4 seasons.

dogfish
03-02-2009, 08:14 PM
There's absolutely nothing wrong with building your team that way...McDaniels is using Pioli and Belichick's stint in New England as a blue print. The year Pioli arrived, he and Belichick went out and signed 22 free agents and cleaned house his first year in New England. Guys that could come in and instill a system and leadership, and get them through a year, especially on defense. Then...they hit in the draft.

It takes some balls to do it, but if you can hit in the draft...its a solid foundation, and a team-building theory that works.

i agree with what you're saying here, and i've been saying basically the same thing myself, but what i don't love is that it really puts a lot of pressure on you to have not just decent but excellent drafts. . . IF we can do that we should be just fine, but if mcxanders' first couple of drafts are mediocre or worse, we're going to end up back at square one in a few years when most of these depth guys are either at the practical end of their contracts or getting too old to play. . . actually, we could easily be worse off than we are now, as champ will be getting old at that point, and we have no idea whether cutler will want to re-sign here, whether marshall will have kept his career on track, and whether we'll be able to keep guys like chef and kuper. . .

we had the cap space to be big players in free agency for the first time in forever, i wish we would have used at least some of it to fill a couple of starting spots with long term solutions that could be building blocks for the next 5-6 years, but oh well-- there's not shit i can do about it, so i guess i cross my fingers and hope that these guys can drive the ball outta the park in the draft. . .

EMB6903
03-02-2009, 08:15 PM
I'm not arguing with you. You bring up valid points. But I believe that 3 defensive tackles will go in the 1st. Obviously Raji is a top-10 pick (unless by some luck he slides to us at 12), Peria Jerry could only play defensive end in a 3-4, he's not that huge run-stuffing presence but he's a great player for a team like the Titans or Bucaneers. Ron Brace is the next best run-stuffing defensive tackle, and their value is far greater than a 4-3 defensive tackle IMO.

could happen, wouldnt be the first time a team hasnt reached for a player

getlynched47
03-02-2009, 08:17 PM
could happen, wouldnt be the first time a team hasnt reached for a player

that's my point. Maybe Ron Brace isnt deserving to be a first round pick, but a needy team might do it. If we cant get Raji, the smartest move would be to trade down and grab Ron Brace or James Laurinaitis and compile more picks for our rebuilding project :salute:

Italianmobstr7
03-02-2009, 08:26 PM
Ronald Fields-DL- Broncos Mar. 2 - 7:52 pm et

Broncos agreed to terms with DT Ronald Fields on a two-year, $5 million contract.
The rest of the league missed the boat on Fields, who is 27, 6'2/321, and can play tackle and end. He gives new DC Mike Nolan a credible option at nose tackle in 3-4 looks. Fields started under Nolan with the Niners in 2007.

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 08:26 PM
i agree with what you're saying here, and i've been saying basically the same thing myself, but what i don't love is that it really puts a lot of pressure on you to have not just decent but excellent drafts. . . IF we can do that we should be just fine, but if mcxanders' first couple of drafts are mediocre or worse, we're going to end up back at square one in a few years when most of these depth guys are either at the practical end of their contracts or getting too old to play. . . actually, we could easily be worse off than we are now, as champ will be getting old at that point, and we have no idea whether cutler will want to re-sign here, whether marshall will have kept his career on track, and whether we'll be able to keep guys like chef and kuper. . .

we had the cap space to be big players in free agency for the first time in forever, i wish we would have used at least some of it to fill a couple of starting spots with long term solutions that could be building blocks for the next 5-6 years, but oh well-- there's not shit i can do about it, so i guess i cross my fingers and hope that these guys can drive the ball outta the park in the draft. . .

I agree, somewhat...one point I'm not about to address is cap space. Its been well speculated that Bowlen is a little strapped for cash, so Cap space is nice, but only if you can really use it.

So, with that said...

Shanahan was trying to do this on the d-line and in the secondary, but for some reason he failed to address linebacker, and ultimately that was a real problem, because we were ultimately stuck with Webster and Winborn, and not even a possibility of anyone to replace him. Sign Niko, have Webster - fine, but you have to invest at MLB in the draft. We haven't drafted a MLB since Al Wilson. That's unacceptable if you're trying to build a defense on this philosophy. He tried to do it every year on the defensive line, thus the free agents that everyone got so pissed about. But it was the lack of an ability to hit in the draft by Shanahan that really handcuffed the theory. Ekuban and Engelberger would have been fine at defensive end, IF, and only IF, Moss and Crowder could have stepped in two years ago and helped move the team forward.

So here we are again.

Well, the theory is...you bring in Dawkins, Hill and Goodman to add to Champ Bailey. You bring Andra Davis to add with D.J. Williams and possibly Moss or Dumervil, you bring in Reid and Ronald Fields to add to Crowder, Thomas, Powell, and then...you hit in the draft. You hope that you find a mid-round safety that can take over for Hill and Dawkins in two/three years, you draft a MLB to go next to Davis, like Mauluaga.

The theory is all possible, because the offense - or at least, until the last few days - appeared to be in order. They could focus all of their time on the defense in scouting and rebuilding, while just adding some depth on offense.

It's a sound theory, and Bill Belichick, Tony Dungy, and the Steelers - both with Cowher, and now Tomlin - have been able to do it. Joey Porter - you want a big contract? Fine...take your chances in free agency, we've got James Harrison to step in and fill that role.

Sound philosophy, but you've GOT to hit in the draft. And, we'll see if they can hit in the draft.

underrated29
03-02-2009, 08:27 PM
yes. I have been calling brace in the first for a while now....

WHo thought sam baker would go first rd last year? Or chris johnson?

I had both those guys as my top 2 2nd picks (cuz we went stewie in rd 1)

obviously i was wrong, but like said above, someone always reaches and BRACE is the guy that it will be done for..

honz
03-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Also, we NEED to sign depth players. We did cut like 20 guys this offseason...and I would guess that there are some more cuts to come.

getlynched47
03-02-2009, 08:29 PM

obviously i was wrong, but like said above, someone always reaches and BRACE is the guy that it will be done for..

I agree....

btw...is this the same "underrated29" as the one on Broncos Country? :salute:

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Also, we NEED to sign depth players. We did cut like 20 guys this offseason...and I would guess that there are some more cuts to come.

:D:D

EMB6903
03-02-2009, 08:41 PM

Baker was always a pretty high prospect it was just set back because of his injury in college, but before that he was a 1st round prospect, and Chris Johnson AMAZED scouts at the combine running a 4.24 fourty.. Brace hasnt done anything spectacular in the off season for teams to reach on him

dogfish
03-02-2009, 08:44 PM
is brace a better prospect than alan branch was?

EMB6903
03-02-2009, 08:46 PM

a better prospect? no

a player player? we shall see

bcbronc
03-02-2009, 09:37 PM
I agree, somewhat...one point I'm not about to address is cap space. Its been well speculated that Bowlen is a little strapped for cash, so Cap space is nice, but only if you can really use it.

So, with that said...

Shanahan was trying to do this on the d-line and in the secondary, but for some reason he failed to address linebacker, and ultimately that was a real problem, because we were ultimately stuck with Webster and Winborn, and not even a possibility of anyone to replace him. Sign Niko, have Webster - fine, but you have to invest at MLB in the draft. We haven't drafted a MLB since Al Wilson. That's unacceptable if you're trying to build a defense on this philosophy. He tried to do it every year on the defensive line, thus the free agents that everyone got so pissed about. But it was the lack of an ability to hit in the draft by Shanahan that really handcuffed the theory. Ekuban and Engelberger would have been fine at defensive end, IF, and only IF, Moss and Crowder could have stepped in two years ago and helped move the team forward.

So here we are again.

Well, the theory is...you bring in Dawkins, Hill and Goodman to add to Champ Bailey. You bring Andra Davis to add with D.J. Williams and possibly Moss or Dumervil, you bring in Reid and Ronald Fields to add to Crowder, Thomas, Powell, and then...you hit in the draft. You hope that you find a mid-round safety that can take over for Hill and Dawkins in two/three years, you draft a MLB to go next to Davis, like Mauluaga.

The theory is all possible, because the offense - or at least, until the last few days - appeared to be in order. They could focus all of their time on the defense in scouting and rebuilding, while just adding some depth on offense.

It's a sound theory, and Bill Belichick, Tony Dungy, and the Steelers - both with Cowher, and now Tomlin - have been able to do it. Joey Porter - you want a big contract? Fine...take your chances in free agency, we've got James Harrison to step in and fill that role.

Sound philosophy, but you've GOT to hit in the draft. And, we'll see if they can hit in the draft.

great post, well said.

the only issue I have with the strategy so far is none of the signings look to be long term pickups. a guy like Dawkins will impact the dressing room long after he's retired, but other than that it's pretty conceivable all these signings could be gone in 2 years.

we had the cap space to add 1-2 cornerstone-type players and STILL add all these depth guys. that would have made me feel a bit better, although I'm okay with the direction taken so far (give or take that Cutler situation). I feel overpaying for even one player somewhere in the front seven would have fast-forwarded the defensive rejuvenation.

as is, we'll probably be better than last year, but we're probably 2-3 draft cycles away from being even a "solid" defense.

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 09:43 PM
great post, well said.

the only issue I have with the strategy so far is none of the signings look to be long term pickups. a guy like Dawkins will impact the dressing room long after he's retired, but other than that it's pretty conceivable all these signings could be gone in 2 years.

we had the cap space to add 1-2 cornerstone-type players and STILL add all these depth guys. that would have made me feel a bit better, although I'm okay with the direction taken so far (give or take that Cutler situation). I feel overpaying for even one player somewhere in the front seven would have fast-forwarded the defensive rejuvenation.

as is, we'll probably be better than last year, but we're probably 2-3 draft cycles away from being even a "solid" defense.

Like I said...gotta hit in the draft...

Those cornerstone players just weren't out there. Dawkins was about as close to that as we're going to get.

Haynesworth? Maybe. I'm not buying that.

Peppers, Dansby and Suggs franchised. Asomugha re-signed.

That's about it as far as cornerstone players on the free agent market. They just weren't there.

dogfish
03-02-2009, 09:48 PM
I feel overpaying for even one player somewhere in the front seven would have fast-forwarded the defensive rejuvenation.

IMO, canty was that guy-- i'd feel a LOT different about this offseason so far if we'd picked him up. . . instead, he goes to a team that already has justin tuck, osi umenyiora and mathias kiwanuka. . . :tsk: the rich get richer because they appreciate the real value of top defensive linemen, and we're looking at another 2-3 years while we draft (i friggin' HOPE!) and try to develop guys. . . i really think it would have been worth the cash to accelerate that process, but it looks like it's all on the draft now. . . tyson jackson and jarron gilbert are the only top five-technique prospects that i really like, so i guess i'll just have to cross my fingers that we get one of them. . . and we still need another nosetackle as well. . . .

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 09:49 PM
IMO, canty was that guy-- i'd feel a LOT different about this offseason so far if we'd picked him up. . . instead, he goes to a team that already has justin tuck, osi umenyiora and mathias kiwanuka. . . :tsk: the rich get richer because they appreciate the real value of top defensive linemen, and we're looking at another 2-3 years while we draft (i friggin' HOPE!) and try to develop guys. . . i really think it would have been worth the cash to accelerate that process, but it looks like it's all on the draft now. . . tyson jackson and jarron gilbert are the only top five-technique prospects that i really like, so i guess i'll just have to cross my fingers that we get one of them. . . and we still need another nosetackle as well. . . .

Maybe he didn't want to take on the challenge of a 3-4.

TXBRONC
03-02-2009, 09:50 PM

~G

I'm ok with how McDaniels has proceeded in free agency. Now see how the rest of his plan unfolds.

bcbronc
03-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Like I said...gotta hit in the draft...

Those cornerstone players just weren't out there. Dawkins was about as close to that as we're going to get.

Haynesworth? Maybe. I'm not buying that.

Peppers, Dansby and Suggs franchised. Asomugha re-signed.

That's about it as far as cornerstone players on the free agent market. They just weren't there.

true enough. still, even a guy like Canty or Cole would have been nice. might have meant over-paying, but it would have brought a bit of instant credibility to our front 7.

but it's a work in progress and I won't make a judgement on things so far unitl this time next year. and whatever happens, I prefer this gameplan to the one in Washington.

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 09:55 PM
true enough. still, even a guy like Canty or Cole would have been nice. might have meant over-paying, but it would have brought a bit of instant credibility to our front 7.

but it's a work in progress and I won't make a judgement on things so far unitl this time next year. and whatever happens, I prefer this gameplan to the one in Washington.

I don't think Bowlen has the money to overpay for guys like that right now, but that's just speculation, I don't know, because I wasn't in the room.

broncohead
03-02-2009, 09:57 PM
He's not starting material so we'll probably try and aquire Raji or Brace by making some sort of trade.

bcbronc
03-02-2009, 09:58 PM
I don't think Bowlen has the money to overpay for guys like that right now, but that's just speculation, I don't know, because I wasn't in the room.

if that is the case, I hope he ok'd it with Cutler first.

dogfish
03-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Maybe he didn't want to take on the challenge of a 3-4.

he's played his entire pro career in the 3-4. . . .

:confused:

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 10:07 PM

He has.

You ever made a post and then 10 minutes later wondered what the hell you were thinking?

Yeah, it happens to me.

TXBRONC
03-02-2009, 10:36 PM
He has.

You ever made a post and then 10 minutes later wondered what the hell you were thinking?

Yeah, it happens to me.

That's because you're fixated on the term drama queen. :D

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 10:37 PM
That's because you're fixated on the term drama queen. :D

If our quarterback would quit acting like one, then I'd leave the term alone.

:elefant:

Dean
03-02-2009, 10:41 PM
Naw, you are hooked. You will contiue to use it.

Lonestar
03-02-2009, 10:42 PM

but he played at DE IIRC not NT.. but I could be wrong I try real hard NOT to watch the cowgrils..

Lonestar
03-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Naw, you are hooked. You will contiue to use it.

at least until he stops being one.. :salute:

rcsodak
03-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Fields was playing behind some other DT's in San Fran. Didn't get a lot of playing time. He might get more here. We'll have to wait and see.

Like Niko was, in Seattle?

:lol:

rcsodak
03-02-2009, 11:49 PM
that's my point. Maybe Ron Brace isnt deserving to be a first round pick, but a needy team might do it. If we cant get Raji, the smartest move would be to trade down and grab Ron Brace or James Laurinaitis and compile more picks for our rebuilding project :salute:

Laurinaitis? OMG! I hope not. I'd rather they pick any one of the 4 LB's from USC!

rcsodak
03-02-2009, 11:55 PM
He has.

Yeah, it happens to me.

NO!!!!! :eek:

JKcatch724
03-03-2009, 12:27 AM
but he played at DE IIRC not NT.. but I could be wrong I try real hard NOT to watch the cowgrils..

call me a n00b, but what does IIRC mean?! It's been killin me for a while now.

TXBRONC
03-03-2009, 12:30 AM
call me a n00b, but what does IIRC mean?! It's been killin me for a while now.

If I Recall Correctly.

broncosinindy
03-03-2009, 06:50 AM
You know this is a bit of fresh air. Denver is not over paying for backups.

We all know when we blew up the D it would be a bit before the pieces were put back together i am not a huge fan of Fields but he is a player

broncosinindy
03-03-2009, 07:07 AM

So, with that said...

So here we are again.

Spencer Larsen, Terry Pierce dissaggree.

Rey Rey is majorly over rated IMO. But Denver HAS to hit on NT ILB in the next two years.

broncosinindy
03-03-2009, 07:09 AM

Brace doesnt have complaints of not having a motor or injury concerns. Branch had SERIOUS concerns over his motor. and so far hasnt disspelled a one

broncosinindy
03-03-2009, 07:12 AM

I understand the importance of Dline. but the past two signings man i think that is just a bit of overkill.

broncofaninfla
03-03-2009, 08:59 AM
Fields- Not a huge signing BUT we finally have somebody on our roster that can play NT. Hopefully we'll add another vet and rookie to compete at the NT spot.