PDA

View Full Version : Elway: Tebow Starting QB going into 2012

NightTerror218
01-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Some commitment, says Tebow earned it.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7468087/denver-broncos-john-elway-says-tim-tebow-starting-qb-going-camp

iLands
01-16-2012, 02:39 PM
Live blog everyone:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/01/16/live-blog-broncos-season-ending-press-conference-with-john-fox-john-elway-brian-xanders/11914/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dp-blogs-broncos+%28Denver+Post%3A+Sports%3A+Broncos%3A+Blo g%29

Enjoy buds.

Some hoghlights:Elway said there's not a lot of things you can change about a QB's release. Offseason work w/ Tebow will focus on feet, drops, timing.

Elway said he was a mobile guy when he was a young QB too. He said he wished he learned earlier how to win w/in the pocket.

Elway: hopeful Tebow can reach the level of Tom Brady. Maybe with a different style.

jhildebrand
01-16-2012, 02:40 PM
Waiting for those who say tebow hasn't improve to call elway a liar or disingenuous in saying Tebow made some "great strides."

wayninja
01-16-2012, 02:41 PM
Why would anyone do that? All they have to do is point out the fact that there are no other QB's on the roster so this was automatic.

jhildebrand
01-16-2012, 02:42 PM
Why would anyone do that? All they have to do is point out the fact that there are no other QB's on the roster so this was automatic.

Adam Weber says hi.

iLands
01-16-2012, 02:44 PM
Anyone else reading the live blog? Pretty interesting stuff.

I wanted a stream, but I'll settle for this. It sounds like we'll be opening up the piggy bank.

If anyone has a stream or later has an archived video, please share it with us!

wayninja
01-16-2012, 02:44 PM
Adam Weber says hi.

Like I said. The only QB on the roster.

Northman
01-16-2012, 02:50 PM
As expected and given the shot of adrenaline Tebow provided the team this year he did earn it. Lets hope he can become a more complete QB going into next year.

BroncoWave
01-16-2012, 02:50 PM
Anyone else reading the live blog? Pretty interesting stuff.

I wanted a stream, but I'll settle for this. It sounds like we'll be opening up the piggy bank.

If anyone has a stream or later has an archived video, please share it with us!

There was a stream. I watched it.

dogfish
01-16-2012, 03:03 PM
well, duh. . . .

folks may as well get used to the idea. . . .

Shazam!
01-16-2012, 03:04 PM
Tebow w/o a doubt earned the position moving forward. With an offseason of coaching, a few FAs and a good Draft, hopefully they will be improved in 2012.

Elevation inc
01-17-2012, 12:03 AM
Waiting for those who say tebow hasn't improve to call elway a liar or disingenuous in saying Tebow made some "great strides."

tebow makes no strides his WR's and OL and TE's are elite he should be completing 70% in his first 16 games, and when the defense gives up 40 points he should throw for 50 points end of story......

broncosfannum24
01-17-2012, 03:41 AM
Like i said in another thread ,your just a miserable person lol

Joel
01-17-2012, 06:34 AM
That's the beauty of having Elway as GM: Any QB he publicly backs is instantly immune to the "HE'S NOT ELWAY111" attack.

MileHighCrew
01-17-2012, 07:52 AM
This is good news, give the kid a off season and see what he can do.... but excuse me if I don't run out and get a Tebow jersey.

Chef Zambini
01-17-2012, 08:23 AM
if they try to mold tebow to an NFL offense the outcome will be failure.
I fthey instead try to mold the offense to fit tebow then TT has a chance to be competent.
A mix of both, I am uncertain, one thing, for sure, MCCOY has not shown the creativity needed to accomplish the task.
poor use of TE / screens/ mid range passing game, it would appear that a new OC is needed if tim is to trigger our offense.
...and if they do bring in a competent pro-style QB to compete with TT and they continue to try and run a pro-style offense in camp. we have all seen that TT hasnt got a chance!
Please recall the FOX comments about TTs ability to run a typical NFL O as well as his performance in the detroit game, when he was asked to do so.
You zealots think one season is going to MORPH tebow into an elway likeness?
he did all that before the combine, he did all that his rookie camp, he had a chance to make his own improvements, last summer, but instead regressed.
Comitments?
Is TT starting tomorrow on his task at hand?
is he going to foresake his MISSION to the Phillipines?
Tebow will be the starter going IN TO camp.
happy happy, joy, joy,
Nice proclamation john, maybe you can get a few months of rest from all the zealots.
Personnally, I hope the broncos sign kellen moore!
he will blow TT away at any pasrt of competetion, from actual passing to reading defenses and making good decisions!
7 on 7 drills/
are you kidding me?
TT will look like a fullback throwing footballs compared to Moore!