PDA

View Full Version : What if Shanahan were still in charge?

denvernative6
03-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Do you think that the same backlash over the Cutler trade rumors would have come down, like they have for McD, had Shanny still been HC/GM?

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 04:00 PM
No, but we'd have signed a few high dollar offensive players and done nothing on defense

shank
03-02-2009, 04:08 PM
shanny would have had the sense to ask, "Who is this?! hahahahaha. Did jeff put you up to this, you rascal?! LOLsauce!!!" when the phone call came.

Buff
03-02-2009, 04:10 PM
We probably would have resigned Nate Webster by now.

NightTrainLayne
03-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Slowik would still be here.

So to review. Cutler would be happy but we'd be hoping for another 8-8 season next year.

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 04:17 PM
shanny would have had the sense to ask, "Who is this?! hahahahaha. Did jeff put you up to this, you rascal?! LOLsauce!!!" when the phone call came.

Which probably explains why he isnt here today

roomemp
03-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Our defense would be even worse than last years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

claymore
03-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Im glad Mike is gone. I feel the message really got lost and allot of truth was told by plummer the dirtbag.

Having said that, I like McDaniels less today than I did last Friday. I hope everything calms down.

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Im glad Mike is gone. I feel the message really got lost and allot of truth was told by plummer the dirtbag.

Having said that, I like McDaniels less today than I did last Friday. I hope everything calms down.

My advice would be to wait and see where the truth lies before determining who to hate. If it's as simple as choosing between the player and the organization, I go with the organization.

All we know is the FO may or may not have fumbled a scenario and that Jay is publicly pissed off about it. Somewhere in the middle the truth lies.

G_Money
03-02-2009, 04:48 PM
I hate no one.

I think McD screwed up the PR battle on this royally, especially with Cutler. And I think Cutler is tantruming as loudly as he can.

The problem is McD comes from a place where tantruming gets you expelled, so he has no frame of reference with how to deal with it, and Jay was thrown from a cozy relationship with Shanahan into a now-frosty one with McD and he has no idea how to deal with that either.

I don't hate - I just hope it gets fixed before we get to Defcon 1.

No, Shanahan would not have had this problem, because he and Jay had a good relationship and the benefit of the doubt. But I'd still have Slowik.

Right now, if this goes worst-case, I'm trying to decide whether it's better to have Slowik, or to lose Jay, Brandon and Scheff before the season starts.

I feel like Mad Max just threw me a hacksaw, and I can saw through the handcuffs in 10 minutes, my arm in 5...but the car's gonna blow up in 3 anyway. :lol:

~G

claymore
03-02-2009, 04:52 PM
My advice would be to wait and see where the truth lies before determining who to hate. If it's as simple as choosing between the player and the organization, I go with the organization.

All we know is the FO may or may not have fumbled a scenario and that Jay is publicly pissed off about it. Somewhere in the middle the truth lies.

My Loyalty is to the Broncos. Right now, Cutler is a far more important Bronco than Xanders an McDaniels. I trust Cutler more than I do those two.

weazel
03-02-2009, 04:56 PM
what if Shrek and Wilma Flintstone had babies?

Medford Bronco
03-02-2009, 05:02 PM
We probably would have resigned Nate Webster by now.

:lol: you mean Nate "Whiff" Webster.

Nate you just overran another end around. What a bum he was

CrazyHorse
03-04-2009, 02:03 AM
what if Shrek and Wilma Flintstone had babies?

Fred and Fiona would be pissed.

warcrychief
03-04-2009, 02:44 AM
You guys would have traded for another bust d-lineman. And he wouldnt have the guts to cut his deals.

Shazam!
03-04-2009, 02:47 AM
Shanahan wouldn't have acknowledged he entertained offers... Publicly. Shanahan has shown throughout the years he can backstab anyone on the team (see his former QB) but if he was here, with no history with NE, the deal wouldn't have even been offered.

Still glad he's gone and I believe Denver's defense will be definitely improved.

Lonestar
03-04-2009, 04:32 AM
Shanahan wouldn't have acknowledged he entertained offers... Publicly. Shanahan has shown throughout the years he can backstab anyone on the team (see his former QB's) but if he was here, with no history with NE, the deal wouldn't have even been offered.

Still glad he's gone and I believe Denver's defense will be definitely improved.

edited for accuracy..
Bubby, greasy, Jake.. might have been more in there somewhere but those are the biggies I can remember..

bullis26
03-04-2009, 05:30 PM
our offense would be alittle better off with shanahan i think but shanahan is too soft of a coach people get away with things there and i cant stand shanahans ego he lets go of running backs every year after theyve ran for 1000 yards ie (quentin griffin, mike anderson, reuban droughns, clinton portis (got champ outta it so it was worth it), tatum bell) he never had the same starting rb from year to year i think it was shanahans time. Our defense wouldve only got worse and no way dawkins would be here with shanny he likes 2nd and 3rd tier players too much(even though thats basically what we're getting now, but a lot of them) with the exception of lynch but our starting D would be about the same as last years with shannahan

Dean
03-04-2009, 06:59 PM
We would not have signed three running backs. Neither would he have paid top dollar for Paxton. Jay and Tony would not at any time been placed on the open market. Unfortunately, we would have kept some of the dead weight that was released on defense.

It is merely my opinion but I believe he started rebuilding the team immediately after the AFCCG. He had the offense finished. This year IMO he would had invested the team's money the Goodman's experience to build the defense.

I was expecting this year and next to bring a big upswing for the Broncos. Now, it seems to be further and further down the road as we attempt to change everything- front office, coaches, players, and both offensive & defensive schemes.