PDA

View Full Version : Both McCoy and Allen given permission to interview with

Thnikkaman
01-16-2012, 11:59 AM
The Raiders. I'd like to keep Allen, but how sweet would it be to play against a McCoy run Raiders team every year.

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter

Raiders received permission today to interview both Broncos coordinators, DC Dennis Allen and OC Mike McCoy, for their HC vacancy.

Chef Zambini
01-16-2012, 12:08 PM
good riddens to both !

Chef Zambini
01-16-2012, 12:09 PM
The Raiders. I'd like to keep Allen, but how sweet would it be to play against a McCoy run Raiders team every year.

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefterallen did a horse shit job of preparing for the pats ! retarded gameplan, pathetic match-ups and no in game adjustments !
get out allen and for the love of god and all bronco fans please take GOODMAN with you !

Thnikkaman
01-16-2012, 12:12 PM
allen did a horse shit job of preparing for the pats ! retarded gameplan, pathetic match-ups and no in game adjustments !
get out allen and for the love of god and all bronco fans please take GOODMAN with you !

I agree that he tried to defend the Pats by putting them inside a wet paper bag, but the defense was also depleted by that point. Dawkins needs to retire, and we need to focus on defense in this draft, like at least 75% of our picks should help rebuild our defense.

SOCALORADO.
01-16-2012, 12:14 PM
Allen is an absolutely fantastic DC.
EFX would be complete morons to let him walk.
Again, Fox and Co took chicken shit and turned it into chicken salad.
You should all be so proud of the job overall that this coaching staff did.

NightTrainLayne
01-16-2012, 12:15 PM
You give McCoy Oakland's O-line and McFadden, and he will look like a genius.

Please say NO Mike!

And we definitely need to keep Allen.

CoachChaz
01-16-2012, 12:19 PM
Todd Bowles

Lancane
01-16-2012, 12:21 PM
We could only hope that McCoy lands one of the vacancies (Miami or Oakland) for a head coaching position, it would be a godsend for this team - the man is the epitome of offensive ineptitude IMHO.

We need a new OC, someone who runs a pro system and can conform Tebow as best he can to being a pro-style quarterback, the college offense BS has to go.

underrated29
01-16-2012, 12:25 PM
allen did a horse shit job of preparing for the pats ! retarded gameplan, pathetic match-ups and no in game adjustments !

With ir without Allen our defense was never a match for Brady. EVER!

I like Allen a lot. I can't stand McCoy. Let McCoy go to Miami please pleased please.

underrated29
01-16-2012, 12:26 PM
we could only hope that mccoy lands one of the vacancies (miami or oakland) for a head coaching position, it would be a godsend for this team - the man is the epitome of offensive ineptitude imho.

We need a new oc, someone who runs a pro system and can conform tebow as best he can to being a pro-style quarterback, the college offense bs has to go.

yesssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jhildebrand
01-16-2012, 12:35 PM
This team can't afford to be looking for a new DC for 7th consecutive season.

McCoy isn't ready to be a full fledged OC but he cut his teeth this year. Not so sure he doesn't deserve an offseason and TC as well.

rationalfan
01-16-2012, 12:43 PM
This team can't afford to be looking for a new DC for 7th consecutive season.

McCoy isn't ready to be a full fledged OC but he cut his teeth this year. Not so sure he doesn't deserve an offseason and TC as well.

i'm with you on this one. the team needs stability in the ranks to continue it's development.

it's easy to blame the coordinators for whatever we don't like/don't agree with. but the team's players aren't going to develop as rapidly if they're learning new schemes every damn offseason.

Chef Zambini
01-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Allen is an absolutely fantastic DC.
EFX would be complete morons to let him walk.
Again, Fox and Co took chicken shit and turned it into chicken salad.
You should all be so proud of the job overall that this coaching staff did.

it was OBVIOUS that allen spent more time working on his interview with the RAMS than putting together a defense for our game against the PATS. after playing the pats just a month earlier if this is the best plan he could come up with , than he is worthless !
the guy already has his bags packed, drive him to the airport !

Chef Zambini
01-16-2012, 12:49 PM
stability?
ELWAY is the stability. yes the merry-go-round has been aweful, but our co-ordinaters are NOT gfoing to take this team anywhere.
improved D I give fox credit.
if tebow is going to be the guy, he will need somebody far more creative than mccoy who couldnt even figure out a simple passing concept for tim or even make proper use of his running skills.

Lancane
01-16-2012, 12:53 PM
i'm with you on this one. the team needs stability in the ranks to continue it's development.

it's easy to blame the coordinators for whatever we don't like/don't agree with. but the team's players aren't going to develop as rapidly if they're learning new schemes every damn offseason.

Stability means **** if it's shadowed by incompetence. ;)

Denver Native (Carol)
01-16-2012, 12:58 PM
I am totally confused as to why there are mainly negative thoughts in regards to McCoy. I have read articles which state, because of his ability to put in offensive game plans around Tebow, that factor adds significantly to his resume.

There are 31 offensive coordinators out there - plenty to choose from, for teams looking for a new HC. If McCoy is SO BAD, why would ANY team even CONSIDER him to be their new HC?????

And, of course, in regards to the negative comments in regards to Allen, the above would also apply.

Lancane
01-16-2012, 01:04 PM
I am totally confused as to why there are mainly negative thoughts in regards to McCoy. I have read articles which state, because of his ability to put in offensive game plans around Tebow, that factor adds significantly to his resume.

There are 31 offensive coordinators out there - plenty to choose from, for teams looking for a new HC. If McCoy is SO BAD, why would ANY team even CONSIDER him to be their new HC?????

And, of course, in regards to the negative comments in regards to Allen, the above would also apply.

We interviewed Koetter for the head coaching position even though his offenses in Jacksonville were fairly awful for the most part. Sometimes a coach looks better or worse then he really is. And who wrote those articles you read? And not to be an ***, but I'm sure those same said articles were written before the league learned how to shut down McCoy's 'rainman' version of a collegiate offense.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-16-2012, 01:22 PM
We interviewed Koetter for the head coaching position even though his offenses in Jacksonville were fairly awful for the most part. Sometimes a coach looks better or worse then he really is. And who wrote those articles you read? And not to be an ***, but I'm sure those same said articles were written before the league learned how to shut down McCoy's 'rainman' version of a collegiate offense.

Here is the latest, WRITTEN TODAY, by Jason La Canfora

from article:

McCoy has gained traction as a possible head coach after his innovative work with quarterback Tim Tebow this season, converting the Broncos offense into a scheme that emphasized Tebow's strength via a zone-read attack.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8260c975/article/dolphins-interviewing-broncos-mccoy-for-headcoach-gig

MileHighCrew
01-16-2012, 01:26 PM
It would be a shame to lose either of these coaches. I keep beating the same drum, but the Broncos need as little change as possible this off season to find out what they really have.
Either that or blow the whole damn thing up starting with the coaches then Tebow.

topscribe
01-16-2012, 01:27 PM
I don't want Allen going anywhere. I thought he did an exceptional job with
which he had to work, and having a different DC with each coming year has
gotten old . . .

Lancane
01-16-2012, 01:29 PM
Here is the latest, WRITTEN TODAY, by Jason La Canfora

from article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8260c975/article/dolphins-interviewing-broncos-mccoy-for-headcoach-gig

All that really says is that he's innovative Carol, I wouldn't read into that too much. Look at McDaniels, he sucked here, sucked in St. Louis and still was hired to be an offensive coordinator!

;)

jhildebrand
01-16-2012, 01:42 PM
Stability means **** if it's shadowed by incompetence. ;)

We wont know if he is incompetent until he gets one more season ;)

He had 3 games with TT last year. He had 2 offenses and 2 QB's this year.

If we see the same ol same ol through next year then we can call it incompetence.

I am willing to see if McCoy, like TT, can learn and grow this offseason.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-16-2012, 01:43 PM
All that really says is that he's innovative Carol, I wouldn't read into that too much. Look at McDaniels, he sucked here, sucked in St. Louis and still was hired to be an offensive coordinator!

;)

Here are some more - however, due to your hate for McCoy, you will never accept what they say anyway - you will interpret it the way you want.

Mike McCoy, Denver Broncos, offensive coordinator. More than head coach John Fox, McCoy is the one who has adjusted Denver’s offense to suit quarterback Tim Tebow. McCoy is viewed as a rising young star and has an outgoing personality.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/tag/_/name/mike-mccoy

McCoy helped restructure the Broncos' offense midway through the season to capitalize on Tim Tebow's unique skill set, a move that buoyed the Broncos to the AFC West title.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7467129/miami-dolphins-interviewing-denver-broncos-mike-mccoy-sources-say

McCoy was impressive in adjusting Denver's scheme in midseason to mesh better with his new starting quarterback's skill-set.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-01-16/dolphins-to-interview-broncos-offensive-coordinator-mike-mccoy

Lancane
01-16-2012, 01:46 PM
I don't want Allen going anywhere. I thought he did an exceptional job with
which he had to work, and having a different DC with each coming year has
gotten old . . .

Again, I would agree that having a stability with the staff would be nice, but stability that's marred by ineptitude doesn't help a team improve, only regress.

25th in Points Per Game, 25th in Total Points, 23rd in Yards Per Game, 25th in Yards Per Play, 30th in 3rd Down Conversions, 16th in Offensive Penalties, 21st in Time of Possession Per Game, 27th in Turnover Ratio, 31st in Passing Offense, 32nd in Pass Completions Per Game and I could go on, and let's be frank...if not for Tebow we'd not have had the top rushing offense.

I don't see one thing pointing to the fact that another season under McCoy will do this offense much good.

topscribe
01-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Again, I would agree that having a stability with the staff would be nice, but stability that's marred by ineptitude doesn't help a team improve, only regress.

25th in Points Per Game, 25th in Total Points, 23rd in Yards Per Game, 25th in Yards Per Play, 30th in 3rd Down Conversions, 16th in Offensive Penalties, 21st in Time of Possession Per Game, 27th in Turnover Ratio, 31st in Passing Offense, 32nd in Pass Completions Per Game and I could go on, and let's be frank...if not for Tebow we'd not have had the top rushing offense.

I don't see one thing pointing to the fact that another season under McCoy will do this offense much good.

I didn't mention McCoy . . .

jhildebrand
01-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Here are some more - however, due to your hate for McCoy, you will never accept what they say anyway - you will interpret it the way you want.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/tag/_/name/mike-mccoy

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7467129/miami-dolphins-interviewing-denver-broncos-mike-mccoy-sources-say

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-01-16/dolphins-to-interview-broncos-offensive-coordinator-mike-mccoy

With all due respect to these articles. There is a A LOT of conflicting reports surrounding McCoy and the change of the O.

Lancane
01-16-2012, 01:51 PM

If we see the same ol same ol through next year then we can call it incompetence.

Maybe Jhil, maybe...

All I know is that statistically, Denver's offense was one of the worst in the league, Tebow didn't show that good of improvement under McCoy and at times it seemed that McCoy was lost in his own game planning and play calling, and likewise botched it more then succeeded. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but if we're running the same default collegiate style offense and Tebow is still completing less then half his passes and still run first orientated, then I hope people see what I see and start screaming for a change.

SR
01-16-2012, 01:52 PM
With the luck the Broncos have, McCoy would go to Oakland and have a 12-4 season and win the Super Bowl.

Lancane
01-16-2012, 01:53 PM
I didn't mention McCoy . . .

That's what Carol and I are debating (arguing) about right now. I don't want to see Allen go, I think he did a rather good job. It's McCoy that I think needs to be replaced.

wayninja
01-16-2012, 01:55 PM

While at times I was downright angry with McCoy's playcalling, I'm not really sure this season is a good representation of his skills. If anything this whole season was simply a strange experiment that had a somewhat favorable result. It's not fair to judge the guy too much by what he did in this strange season, IMHO.

Need stability and a more structured and practiced offense before you can give it a fair shake.

jlarsiii
01-16-2012, 01:57 PM
If McCoy leaves, and this offense looks putrid next year, then I will enjoy watching you all eat crow.

I guess it is easier to find a scapegoat then to accept the hard truth of the matter. So pathetic...

arapaho2
01-16-2012, 02:07 PM

brother...your not seeing the forest because of the trees

mccoy was reluctant...and had to be forced to adapt to tebow....he was afraid of the legecy if he failed that would follow him

somewhere between him gase and fox there was an offense designed for tebow...i highly doubt it was entirely mccoy

the fact that it had some success does not excuse the big glaring fact that our offense under mccoy has been nothing but blah, vannilla, predictable, and inept for the most of each game

how many times did we have to watch, run up the gut, read option run, run up the gut...game after game, series after series, week after week

the fact that we managed to even win games when your starting qb has his hands tied by refusing to allow him to pass in the first qrt ...in fact in the 13 games tebow has started this season....he only attempted 37 passes in the first qrt

how many times did we need 5 yards and watch every wr run deep go routes

how many bubble screens, rb screens, where was the TE in mccoys offense? perhaps in protection because the wrs were all on deep routes?

whether he designed this offense or just was a part of it...DOES NOT EXCUSE THE FACT IT WAS PATHETICALY CALLED MOST GAMES, ANEMIC, PREDICTABLE AND WAY TO CONSERVATIVE AT TIMES

mccoy has been here since 2009...our offense has struggled on 3rd down, in the rz and in scoreing ....i have seen nothing at all to say mccoy deserves another chance

GEM
01-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Who gives 2 shits about any of that.....it's the ******* Raiders. Tell that red headed half wit to eff off.

:D

underrated29
01-16-2012, 02:32 PM

why because teams do crap like that. Josh mcdaniels, the cheifs former HC, mangini, steve spagnolo, the former Miami HC. Teams mess up.

Here is imo the biggest reason why. EVERYONE- EVERYWHERE, even posters here, have bought into the notion that Tebow cant throw. So when they see that we win games because of mccoy calling obvious run run run punt games. they say, hey he must be pretty good.

When actually, Mccoy hindered us more than he helped. However, only those that devote so much time to the broncos like us and the team really see it.

Its like the mccoys favorite defense excuse, but tebow cant throw a screen, hes so innacurate....Well, evidence shows that pretty much everytime he has thrown screens not only have they gone for big gains, but tds too. However, because tebow over/under threw a screen pass, they never went back to it...because tebow obviously cant throw screens.

Face it, the guy is terrible and hurt tebows growth more than he helped it.

rationalfan
01-16-2012, 03:04 PM
why does the subtext of this thread feel like this: mccoy's going to be the scapegoat for everything tebow does wrong but get none of the credit for anything tebow does well?

i'm not hating on tebow, and i'm not claiming mccoy is a genius, but it's pretty apparent that this coaching staff had a lot to do with putting tebow in the best position to win.

another thing that's been bothering me, while it's on my mind: the conventional thought is that tebow will improve so much with an entire offseason of coaching. but, if that's the case, why is it assumed that these current coaches can improve him so much if they are, in fact, terrible? doesn't add up.

and don't tell me elway's going to be the guy coaching up tebow. elway will help, but he won't be in those two hour film sessions every day, he won't be on the field for three hours every day. the guy has a franchise to run, and by franchise i mean the broncos - not tebow.

jhildebrand
01-16-2012, 03:21 PM
brother...your not seeing the forest because of the trees

mccoy was reluctant...and had to be forced to adapt to tebow....he was afraid of the legecy if he failed that would follow him

somewhere between him gase and fox there was an offense designed for tebow...i highly doubt it was entirely mccoy

the fact that it had some success does not excuse the big glaring fact that our offense under mccoy has been nothing but blah, vannilla, predictable, and inept for the most of each game

how many times did we have to watch, run up the gut, read option run, run up the gut...game after game, series after series, week after week

the fact that we managed to even win games when your starting qb has his hands tied by refusing to allow him to pass in the first qrt ...in fact in the 13 games tebow has started this season....he only attempted 37 passes in the first qrt

how many times did we need 5 yards and watch every wr run deep go routes

how many bubble screens, rb screens, where was the TE in mccoys offense? perhaps in protection because the wrs were all on deep routes?

whether he designed this offense or just was a part of it...DOES NOT EXCUSE THE FACT IT WAS PATHETICALY CALLED MOST GAMES, ANEMIC, PREDICTABLE AND WAY TO CONSERVATIVE AT TIMES

mccoy has been here since 2009...our offense has struggled on 3rd down, in the rz and in scoreing ....i have seen nothing at all to say mccoy deserves another chance

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1524693&postcount=26

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1524590&postcount=42

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1523343&postcount=23

We are on the same page. I am just saying one more season isn't going to hurt. We don't know how much of the issues are personnel vs coaching. I agree on the play calling. There is a lot to be desired there.

I have called for McCoy's firing, too. I just think now that stability isn't going to hurt given the deficiencies I mentioned!

Also, let's not forget that 3rd down and RZ were problems Shanahan's last 2 seasons here and worsened with McD and are still here with McCoy.

Chef Zambini
01-16-2012, 04:12 PM
who here wants to tyell me thaT MCCOYS OFFENSE LOOKED CREATIVE?

underrated29
01-16-2012, 04:17 PM
why does the subtext of this thread feel like this: mccoy's going to be the scapegoat for everything tebow does wrong but get none of the credit for anything tebow does well?

i'm not hating on tebow, and i'm not claiming mccoy is a genius, but it's pretty apparent that this coaching staff had a lot to do with putting tebow in the best position to win.

another thing that's been bothering me, while it's on my mind: the conventional thought is that tebow will improve so much with an entire offseason of coaching. but, if that's the case, why is it assumed that these current coaches can improve him so much if they are, in fact, terrible? doesn't add up.

and don't tell me elway's going to be the guy coaching up tebow. elway will help, but he won't be in those two hour film sessions every day, he won't be on the field for three hours every day. the guy has a franchise to run, and by franchise i mean the broncos - not tebow.

10 steps forward with mccoy 12 steps back. He did a lot to help tebow but hes also hurting even more.

As for the coaching and improvement over teh offseason, I think the coaches can do that. But Mccoy is not one of his coaches that way. Mccoy is the OC and calls the plays and designs the offense. The play call and Offense design sucks. I have complete faith that the QB coach, positional coaches, elway, fox and the gang will work with tebow to improve his game, his passing, his timing, his mechanics.....none of which mccoy does.

So as you see, at least from me. The coaches are fine. Great even. I like all of the coaches and have in fact never wanted anyone fired. Ever. I like our staff and think they have a solid unit. Not sure who said or insinuated that the coaches are terrible or would be terrible. ALL but one in my book need to stay!!

rcsodak
01-16-2012, 04:21 PM
I agree that he tried to defend the Pats by putting them inside a wet paper bag, but the defense was also depleted by that point. Dawkins needs to retire, and we need to focus on defense in this draft, like at least 75% of our picks should help rebuild our defense.
Are Defense, Denver Broncos, and Draft considered synonymous?

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Jsteve01
01-16-2012, 04:50 PM
That's what Carol and I are debating (arguing) about right now. I don't want to see Allen go, I think he did a rather good job. It's McCoy that I think needs to be replaced.

I think the real place that McCoy struggled was in game adjustment and calling the game. I do think he deserves a lot of credit for building something that would accommodate Tim's skills. I also think it's hard to judge him in his first year calling the shots.

rcsodak
01-16-2012, 04:56 PM

BS cane. NE/GB/NO with TT as qb wouldve had the same stats, and you know it.
ANY OC would have been hamstrung with TT, and i'm by no means a McCoy fan.

rcsodak
01-16-2012, 04:59 PM
With the luck the Broncos have, McCoy would go to Oakland and have a 12-4 season and win the Super Bowl.
Did that happen before? Precedent?
:confused:

rcsodak
01-16-2012, 05:06 PM
why because teams do crap like that. Josh mcdaniels, the cheifs former HC, mangini, steve spagnolo, the former Miami HC. Teams mess up.
Here is imo the biggest reason why. EVERYONE- EVERYWHERE, even posters here, have bought into the notion that Tebow cant throw. So when they see that we win games because of mccoy calling obvious run run run punt games. they say, hey he must be pretty good.
When actually, Mccoy hindered us more than he helped. However, only those that devote so much time to the broncos like us and the team really see it.

Its like the mccoys favorite defense excuse, but tebow cant throw a screen, hes so innacurate....Well, evidence shows that pretty much everytime he has thrown screens not only have they gone for big gains, but tds too. However, because tebow over/under threw a screen pass, they never went back to it...because tebow obviously cant throw screens.
Face it, the guy is terrible and hurt tebows growth more than he helped it.
What else, preytell, did you witness during their practices?

rcsodak
01-16-2012, 05:12 PM

Ive said/asked the same.
And if all it takes is a few months to transform someone so raw, wouldnt there be a glutony of nfl qb's?

rcsodak
01-16-2012, 05:14 PM
10 steps forward with mccoy 12 steps back. He did a lot to help tebow but hes also hurting even more.

As for the coaching and improvement over teh offseason, I think the coaches can do that. But Mccoy is not one of his coaches that way. Mccoy is the OC and calls the plays and designs the offense. The play call and Offense design sucks. I have complete faith that the QB coach, positional coaches, elway, fox and the gang will work with tebow to improve his game, his passing, his timing, his mechanics.....none of which mccoy does.

So as you see, at least from me. The coaches are fine. Great even. I like all of the coaches and have in fact never wanted anyone fired. Ever. I like our staff and think they have a solid unit. Not sure who said or insinuated that the coaches are terrible or would be terrible. ALL but one in my book need to stay!!
You have some basis for the steps forward/back cliche'?

underrated29
01-16-2012, 05:43 PM
What else, preytell, did you witness during their practices?

What practices?

What are you talking about?

OaklandRaider
01-16-2012, 07:05 PM
The Raiders are most likely just doing their due diligence. I would be surprised if we hired either one of your coordinators. And to be honest, I'm not really impressed with either one.

I expect our next head coach to come from the Green Bay Packers coaching staff.

bcbronc
01-16-2012, 08:17 PM
The Raiders are most likely just doing their due diligence. I would be surprised if we hired either one of your coordinators. And to be honest, I'm not really impressed with either one.

I expect our next head coach to come from the Green Bay Packers coaching staff.

Due diligence? More like spying.

"So, Mr. McCoy/Allen, what would you call in this situation? Hmmm, very interesting."

Devilspawn
01-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Due diligence? More like spying.

"So, Mr. McCoy/Allen, what would you call in this situation? Hmmm, very interesting."
Probably both. A notorious Al Davis tactic.

OR is probably right in that we'll hire a Packers guy.

camdisco24
01-16-2012, 09:10 PM
I would be pretty mad if Allen was one an done. We need consistency on D. These vets have seen like 20 different coordinators. since they've been here. It's crazy.

McCoy... I fine with him getting a promotion somewhere else. I think he's a good coach, but IMO his style just doesn't match up with Tebow.

Medford Bronco
01-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Be careful what you wish for. He might actually do better having conventional players, especially McFadden.

TXBRONC
01-16-2012, 11:10 PM

Even if we didn't have the injuries there is still plenty of work to be done the fix the defense.

Joel
01-17-2012, 09:14 AM

Why did Denver choose McDumbass as OUR head coach when he sucked so bad? Personally, I'm still not convinced much of McCoys problem isn't Fox running our offense like a defence, but interviews don't vindicate him.

Chef Zambini
01-17-2012, 09:30 AM
sorry, not impressed with the gameplans on EITHER side of the ball!
Poor use of talent, in my opinion !
lack of creativity especially on offense.
Nice job of the O making in game adjustments and bravo to mccoy for changing the offense to better suite tebows skill set, but the obvious fixes that all can readily address, short passing game, those were absent from a dillutyed, obvious attack.
so what if other teams are interested?
JMCD got a job last year too, the rams, how did that work out?
millions of people drink COKE every day, that does not mean it has any nutritional value !
I was not impressed by our co-ordinators,they can both find employment elsewhere for all I care!

Jsteve01
01-17-2012, 09:47 AM
zam you've got two guys who are essentially rookie play callers. Im for giving them both another year to learn in game adjustments. I think both devised good schemes the next step for them is adapting when everything blows up in your face.

FlyByU
01-17-2012, 11:15 AM
McCoy should have been fired as soon as the plane landed in Denver. We can hire the Village Idiot as our OC and do as good as McCoy.

Lancane
01-17-2012, 02:06 PM
zam you've got two guys who are essentially rookie play callers. Im for giving them both another year to learn in game adjustments. I think both devised good schemes the next step for them is adapting when everything blows up in your face.

When you listen to Fox and Elway's pressers, the one common standpoint the two had was not marrying the supposed (good) scheme offensively as your speculating to. In fact their comments seem to suggest that they want away from the experimental collegiate offense that McCoy was forced to run and want Tebow to not only develop into a more pocket capable passer but run a more professional style offense.

GEM
01-17-2012, 02:10 PM
sorry, not impressed with the gameplans on EITHER side of the ball!
Poor use of talent, in my opinion !
lack of creativity especially on offense.
Nice job of the O making in game adjustments and bravo to mccoy for changing the offense to better suite tebows skill set, but the obvious fixes that all can readily address, short passing game, those were absent from a dillutyed, obvious attack.
so what if other teams are interested?
JMCD got a job last year too, the rams, how did that work out?
millions of people drink COKE every day, that does not mean it has any nutritional value !
I was not impressed by our co-ordinators,they can both find employment elsewhere for all I care!

Second line is where I take issue.

Poor use of talent? We aren't that talented. Some of our starters would be back ups and our back ups wouldn't be in the NFL if they weren't Broncos.

These coaches worked with what they have and made the best of it.

Thnikkaman
01-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Are Defense, Denver Broncos, and Draft considered synonymous?

I fail to grok your statement. Its obviously you targeting or baiting me, but the technique is similar to Jay Cutler trying to tackle the guy who just intercepted his pass. In other words, you fail and your worse for wear.

Thnikkaman
01-17-2012, 02:33 PM
Even if we didn't have the injuries there is still plenty of work to be done the fix the defense.

I can't disagree with this.

claymore
01-17-2012, 02:36 PM
When you listen to Fox and Elway's pressers, the one common standpoint the two had was not marrying the supposed (good) scheme offensively as your speculating to. In fact their comments seem to suggest that they want away from the experimental collegiate offense that McCoy was forced to run and want Tebow to not only develop into a more pocket capable passer but run a more professional style offense.

I agree with this. Tebow is going to have to change.

NightTerror218
01-17-2012, 03:10 PM
I agree with this. Tebow is going to have to change.

I would love a more traditional power run/spread offense. I do like play action and maybe one or two option plays just because with Tebow they can work but not base the offense around it.

I like the spread because it can keep the defense spread out and with possibly less in box a QB scramble can get more yards, but that is it Tebow can go through progressions.

dunk7
01-17-2012, 04:09 PM
Folks, I was wondering if you could clear something up for me...with Allen and McCoy getting a few interviews, can/does the Broncos FO also schedule interviews as a backup in case someone is hired? Or is it just simply, when the person leaves the post, then you start the interview process? Seems like there are a few good OC/DC candidates just in case one or both leave but I'd be concerned on missing out on the opportunity.

Nick
01-17-2012, 04:17 PM
Folks, I was wondering if you could clear something up for me...with Allen and McCoy getting a few interviews, can/does the Broncos FO also schedule interviews as a backup in case someone is hired? Or is it just simply, when the person leaves the post, then you start the interview process? Seems like there are a few good OC/DC candidates just in case one or both leave but I'd be concerned on missing out on the opportunity.

They could but won't. It would be just bad business practice for team and interviewees.