View Full Version : Broncos all in with Tebow for 2012

rjent
01-16-2012, 11:58 AM
Let the fur fly. Personally, if true, I am ecstatic! :D

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19750601

Broncos expect to go all in with Tebow as their starter for 2012 season
Posted: 01/16/2012 01:00:00 AM MSTBy Mike Klis
The Denver Post

If the future is Tim Tebow, then it must carry on with a smaller Tebow circus.

It is with virtual certainty that Tebow will be the Broncos' starting quarterback in 2012. Why would he not?

There's a good chance the Broncos' three-headed decision team of John Elway​, John Fox and Brian Xanders will throw their unequivocal support behind Tebow today during a noon news conference.

The team's plan is expected to include going forward with Tebow as their starting quarterback at least for the start of their 2012 training camp.

With Tebow, the carnival will never completely disappear. But the Broncos' hierarchy can muffle much of the noise that reverberates around its quarterback by stating its commitment to him.

Tebow has earned its trust.

"Of course he's our guy," Broncos rookie safety Rahim Moore said. "People put too much pressure on him. He's going to have some good, some bad. I believe in him, and I would like him to be our quarterback. Our team jells around him."

weazel
01-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Let the fur fly. Personally, if true, I am ecstatic! :D

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19750601

then lets get him working right now. If his weaknesses were because of no off-season work last year then we need to get him working on fixing those problems right now. If he comes out in preseason looking like he has improved, then awesome.

Lancane
01-16-2012, 12:33 PM
I think Klis is talking out of his brown-eye once more, I think they'll say good and positive things about Tebow and they'll likely state that he has a lot of work ahead of him in order to improve. But Fox was iffy about declaring anything regarding the future and Tim the other day in his interview, I don't see the brain trust throwing all their proverbial chips into one pot while hoping for a royal flush. We'll see, but I'd be surprised if they declared Tebow their starter at this point, and if they do...then it's likely in order to curb his circus-esque-cult following.

Bullgator
01-16-2012, 12:55 PM
I think Klis is talking out of his brown-eye once more, I think they'll say good and positive things about Tebow and they'll likely state that he has a lot of work ahead of him in order to improve. But Fox was iffy about declaring anything regarding the future and Tim the other day in his interview, I don't see the brain trust throwing all their proverbial chips into one pot while hoping for a royal flush. We'll see, but I'd be surprised if they declared Tebow their starter at this point, and if they do...then it's likely in order to curb his circus-esque-cult following.

You don't see? Yea you didn't see alot of things.... You have been saying the same shit throughout the season and been wrong. He is definitely going to be the starter.

Even though EVERYONE(even you) knows that TT will the be starter they won't name him that until the end of TC because they wont have to. That's just the way Fox is.

Dood you need to change your position at least slightly its ridiculous how many times you say this kind of stuff then are wrong every time.

Lancane
01-16-2012, 01:11 PM
You don't see? Yea you didn't see alot of things.... You have been saying the same shit throughout the season and been wrong. He is definitely going to be the starter.

Even though EVERYONE(even you) knows that TT will the be starter they won't name him that until the end of TC because they wont have to. That's just the way Fox is.

Dood you need to change your position at least slightly its ridiculous how many times you say this kind of stuff then are wrong every time.

Yabba Dabba Doo, look everyone...it's Fred Flintstone!

I don't see a lot of things? That's rich coming from someone who's hard-on for one athlete is so bad that he's literally blind to all statistical facts. Actually, all I've seen you do is ramble on and on, and how have I been wrong? Simply because you think your right and likewise that you've been proven right, at least in that sad little mind of yours.

:coffee:

GEM
01-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Come on guys, clean it up. Stick to the subject instead of each other.

NightTerror218
01-16-2012, 01:25 PM
I do believe Tebow will be the starter. He came in and helped a 1-4 team to playoffs. While it may not have been because of his play, but because he gave a spark to team. We went to playoffs and won against a great Steeler team. That atleast earned him 2012 start. But he needs to show some good improvement during the offseason. He needs to work with coaches and not with his brother. He needs to work with WRs also to perfect the timing. He has a long road ahead of him this offseason and needs to rely on coaching and not his work ethic.

wayninja
01-16-2012, 01:42 PM
All I can say is thank goodness that coaches run this team and not a bunch of whiny, small minded, fairweather fans who care more about how pretty a pass is then results and would have a hard time accepting almost anyone to lead their offense, or worse yet, want to see someone new every year.

Lancane
01-16-2012, 01:58 PM
All I can say is thank goodness that coaches run this team and not a bunch of whiny, small minded, fairweather fans who care more about how pretty a pass is then results and would have a hard time accepting almost anyone to lead their offense, or worse yet, want to see someone new every year.

Denver statistically had one of the worst offenses in the league, and one of the worst under the standards of Broncos' football. McDaniels' offense was statistically better and that's a fact. I'm not whiny Nin, we need to change the offensive scheme, it will not work again and McCoy I feel is not creative enough to change it or for that matter to help Tebow develop into a better quarterback. By the way, Elway wouldn't plan on working with Tebow if he didn't need to improve in their eyes as well!

;)

jlarsiii
01-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Considering that right now Tebow is the only QB we have under contract next season it is not much of a stretch to name him whatever you want at this point...

Once again, another thread signifying nothing.

NightTerror218
01-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Denver statistically had one of the worst offenses in the league, and one of the worst under the standards of Broncos' football. McDaniels' offense was statistically better and that's a fact. I'm not whiny Nin, we need to change the offensive scheme, it will not work again and McCoy I feel is not creative enough to change it or for that matter to help Tebow develop into a better quarterback. By the way, Elway wouldn't plan on working with Tebow if he didn't need to improve in their eyes as well!

;)

No doubt Tebow needs to improve. But either our TE really suck at catching or OL is that bad that they were always blocking on passing plays. But i feel under McCoy they were way under utilized. And for a lot of top QBs their TEs are their bread and butter these days. I loved the way Saints/Pats/GB all use their TE for bump and goes to outside for quick passes. The slants over the middle much like Fells did against the Steelers.

I feel like the option is not the offense to go forward with at all. While I do like some of the plays to throw a team off guard. I think they need to run a power run/spread type. I think the play action that McDaniels used with Orton could be this teams bread and butter play. And no QBs draws unless inside the 10, rather let the QB scramble be Tebow's rushes.

Lancane
01-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Considering that right now Tebow is the only QB we have under contract next season it is not much of a stretch to name him whatever you want at this point...

That's actually comical, the mere fact of the truth of it. We don't even have a viable backup under contract right now.

BroncoStud
01-16-2012, 02:09 PM

;)

What statistics? Denver was #1 in the NFL in rushing this year... That isn't a "bad" statistic...

If Tebow continues to improve as a passer then there is no reason to believe that Denver's offense will not improve overall. It isn't like we have a lot of weapons. Denver is very slow on offense and the WRs have suspect hands.

wayninja
01-16-2012, 02:10 PM

;)

'One of the worst'. If by that you mean we were in the lower 1/3, sure. 24th is not 31st.

We are also one of the only teams in the league to change QB's midway through the season and trade away our top reciever and have our primary RB as an aging vet with this as his first season with the team. Not to mention that our offensive strategy/philosophy was almost completely 180'd mid-season.

I'm not trying to make excuses, but lets not ignore what is in front of us for the sake of getting straight to statistics. Considering what we were working with and timelines for such, we did pretty damn well.

I'm not saying that Tebow doesn't need work, but there are too many people talking about trading him and it makes me sick. Flat sick.

I'm no Tebow homer, but this season has been the most interesting, most fun, and most hopeful of any season I can remember in a long time. For people to be at the same place in their minds as last year regarding a QB and to ignore all the other shit that is wrong is rubbing me entirely the wrong way given the outcome of the season.

Some people are just never happy and have absolutely zero tolerance or patience. I'm not calling you out specifically, but 'blame Tebow' bit is getting a bit old. The guy has lots of faults, but he has lots of potential too. He's young, works hard and is very tough. It should be enough for at least one more season for us not worry about the QB position and deal with other stuff that is obviously wrong.

We aren't going to be competing for shit regardless of who is under center if we are giving up 40+ points in multiple games.

topscribe
01-16-2012, 02:10 PM
You know, I have my opinions, and I have been free with my evaluations. But
I am doing it, having seen it on the TV screen (actually the monitor). If EFX
likes Tebow -- or any other player -- a lot, then who am I to argue? They
have forgotten more about it that I'll ever know, and they have seen him
every day. I haven't. So if they're going to be "all in" with Tebow, then so will I.

jlarsiii
01-16-2012, 02:23 PM
That's actually comical, the mere fact of the truth of it. We don't even have a viable backup under contract right now.

Should make it easy for them to state whatever they want about him today. I am sure it will be some form of support that will be too much for some posters to accept while not being enough for others.

We all know, with a good amount of certainty, that Tebow will get his shot to really improve this offseason and then prove it to start next season. We will argue over it for months I am sure, but unless someone offers us some ridiculous trade proposition or an elite QB prospect falls into our lap that this will be the case. Love it or hate it that is the way this is going to play out.

iLands
01-16-2012, 02:32 PM
It's official:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-tebowsfuture

Been reading the live blog. Tim will be the guy going into camp.

Here's the link:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/01/16/live-blog-broncos-season-ending-press-conference-with-john-fox-john-elway-brian-xanders/11914/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dp-blogs-broncos+%28Denver+Post%3A+Sports%3A+Broncos%3A+Blo g%29

Enjoy everyone. Lot's of cool stuff.

Nomad
01-16-2012, 02:35 PM
Now the BRONCOS can move forward.

wayninja
01-16-2012, 02:35 PM
As much as I think this would have happened anyway, it is pretty funny that Tebow is the ONLY Denver QB this point. To not name him the incumbent starter would be simply bizarre.

rjent
01-16-2012, 04:14 PM
As much as I think this would have happened anyway, it is pretty funny that Tebow is the ONLY Denver QB this point. To not name him the incumbent starter would be simply bizarre.

That isn't true. He may be the only qb on the squad, but they could have come out and said that they will be bringing in other qbs in the off season to compete with TT for the job. No, they said that it is Tim's and that John (Elway) will work with him to polish the passing game.

Sound pretty definitive to me ... :coffee:

But I do get it, you just don't like him .... :D

wayninja
01-16-2012, 04:20 PM
That isn't true. He may be the only qb on the squad, but they could have come out and said that they will be bringing in other qbs in the off season to compete with TT for the job. No, they said that it is Tim's and that John (Elway) will work with him to polish the passing game.

I don't like Tebow? Since when?

They will bring in another QB to compete with him though, mark my words.

rjent
01-16-2012, 04:26 PM

Just screwin' with ya bro! :D

Yeah, but he is named the starter. That I like, it is now his to lose. The only thing that bothers me is that he is not a good "practice" player. He does his best good in the war......

Medford Bronco
01-16-2012, 04:38 PM

and they should, sorry if you go 3 and out 8 times in a row in a game, it is not improvment.

I always want the Broncos to win, I just think people are so fixed that this kid is the real deal. I just dont see it. I will hope I am wrong and God knows I propably lead the league in that category, I want a QB that can be different from Tebow.

In the long run, I am not sure if this option style Oklahoma football will work.

I want to see 24-27 ppg, not 13-16 PPG

If we stay with this kid for a long time, we better have a stout defense like SF this year or Balt of the early 2000s to have a chance to compete.
i want 4 Von Millers on this team, a Ngata, a Champ Bailey of 2002 and Ed Reed of his prime to help us....

Brady destroyed this defense and it does not help with all the conservative offense going the other way. Lets look big picture, not the last 10-12 games and one playoff game where Pitt played us like we were a high school team. I loved it but I try to see more of the long term picture.

I know I am over the top as well the other way, but sorry not sold. complete 55% of your passes at least and show you can make the reads on defense that are going to get harder. This was very wildcat like and we all know what happened to that in the long run.

I personally like Tebow. He is a breath of fresh air in professional sports where there are plenty of scum and dbs. He is not that and never will be.

I hope he becomes Steve Young. Maybe Young would be a great consultant if Denver could hire him or just have Tebow pick his brain.

I am ready for Flames. :flame:

Dreadnought
01-16-2012, 05:12 PM
'One of the worst'. If by that you mean we were in the lower 1/3, sure. 24th is not 31st.

We are also one of the only teams in the league to change QB's midway through the season and trade away our top reciever and have our primary RB as an aging vet with this as his first season with the team. Not to mention that our offensive strategy/philosophy was almost completely 180'd mid-season.

I'm not trying to make excuses, but lets not ignore what is in front of us for the sake of getting straight to statistics. Considering what we were working with and timelines for such, we did pretty damn well.

I'm not saying that Tebow doesn't need work, but there are too many people talking about trading him and it makes me sick. Flat sick.

I'm no Tebow homer, but this season has been the most interesting, most fun, and most hopeful of any season I can remember in a long time. For people to be at the same place in their minds as last year regarding a QB and to ignore all the other shit that is wrong is rubbing me entirely the wrong way given the outcome of the season.

Some people are just never happy and have absolutely zero tolerance or patience. I'm not calling you out specifically, but 'blame Tebow' bit is getting a bit old. The guy has lots of faults, but he has lots of potential too. He's young, works hard and is very tough. It should be enough for at least one more season for us not worry about the QB position and deal with other stuff that is obviously wrong.

We aren't going to be competing for shit regardless of who is under center if we are giving up 40+ points in multiple games.

Amen, Bruvva. They are actually worse now than the Tebowner fanbois, and that was hard to accomplish. The Pittsburgh game was flat out brilliant, easily the best game for a Bronco QB in a very long time (I'm thinking, like Craig Morton v. the Seahawks in '79, or Chargers in '81 great), and exactly all of one game after that we have people snivelling and whining because the same QB and the team laid an egg against the Pats? Good Lord. Its quite remarkable. This was all bonus; we all know this team isn't good enough yet for a SB run, yet fans are tearing their hair and Emoing (is that a word?) like crazy anyways?!

This was the most fun Bronco season since 2000, and a very raw QB provided multiple Historic winning comebacks. We have a sucky team that played .500 ball anyways and then beat the hated Steelers in the playoffs, using guts, schemes and coaching to do it. It is annoying as Hell, frankly.

catfish
01-16-2012, 05:27 PM

are you serious? Wayninja wants to tongue kiss Tebow!

catfish
01-16-2012, 05:31 PM
Amen, Bruvva. They are actually worse now than the Tebowner fanbois, and that was hard to accomplish. The Pittsburgh game was flat out brilliant, easily the best game for a Bronco QB in a very long time (I'm thinking, like Craig Morton v. the Seahawks in '79, or Chargers in '81 great), and exactly all of one game after that we have people snivelling and whining because the same QB and the team laid an egg against the Pats? Good Lord. Its quite remarkable. This was all bonus; we all know this team isn't good enough yet for a SB run, yet fans are tearing their hair and Emoing (is that a word?) like crazy anyways?!

This was the most fun Bronco season since 2000, and a very raw QB provided multiple Historic winning comebacks. We have a sucky team that played .500 ball anyways and then beat the hated Steelers in the playoffs, using guts, schemes and coaching to do it. It is annoying as Hell, frankly.

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae69/Angelic_Renee/EmoCat.jpg

Nick
01-16-2012, 05:34 PM
Elway said starter in "Camp". If he was 100 percent committed he would have used different wording. I listened to his interview, Who the QB is on day 1 of regular season is still not for sure Tebow.

Tebow has to prove himself this off season he can work on the flaws.

rcsodak
01-16-2012, 05:37 PM

Isnt weber under more than a 1yr contract?

As for the thread title.......huh? I sure didnt see that written, followed by E, F, OR X.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
01-16-2012, 05:58 PM

There was a reason Cle almost beat Pitt.

chazoe60
01-16-2012, 06:06 PM
There was a reason Cle almost beat Pitt.

What the **** does that have to do with anything?

Your Bronco hate knows no bounds. :laugh:

Please tell us all what team tou really root for, it's the biggest mystery on the board.

Watchthemiddle
01-16-2012, 06:11 PM
THis is the way it should be.

On a weekend where a Qb who was in his 16th official NFL start lost in the playoffs along with Brees and Rogers in the same weekend..he should be named starter going into next season.

If not for Tebow, we would have finished 4-12 with a lot of what ifs all over the field to address this offseason. Now we can focus on the real issues of this team and address the entire D line, get a young Rb that doesn't have to go off the field after one carry, get another CB that can shut down someone other than Champ, find an impact TE, maybe another WR, and move forward.

NightTerror218
01-16-2012, 08:33 PM
What the **** does that have to do with anything?

Your Bronco hate knows no bounds. :laugh:

Please tell us all what team tou really root for, it's the biggest mystery on the board.

Queefs

pnbronco
01-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Isnt weber under more than a 1yr contract?

As for the thread title.......huh? I sure didnt see that written, followed by E, F, OR X.

He got another 1 yr extension yesterday. So he will be back for OTA's.

Dread.......;)

Medford Bronco
01-16-2012, 09:04 PM
THis is the way it should be.

On a weekend where a Qb who was in his 16th official NFL start lost in the playoffs along with Brees and Rogers in the same weekend..he should be named starter going into next season.

If not for Tebow, we would have finished 4-12 with a lot of what ifs all over the field to address this offseason. Now we can focus on the real issues of this team and address the entire D line, get a young Rb that doesn't have to go off the field after one carry, get another CB that can shut down someone other than Champ, find an impact TE, maybe another WR, and move forward.

Kind of sounds like we had a lucky season correct?;)

Lots of pic 6s, miracles, missed FGs etc. Tim did some nice things at the end of games. I just want to see better. We do need a lot as well in other areas as you pointed out. It seems like a lot. If we had a Matt Schaub even, this team wins 10 games with what happened this year.

We shall see what happens. I root for every Bronco. I even rooted for that db Travis Henry so, if you wear the orange and blue, I want you to help us win....

VonSackemMiller
01-16-2012, 10:35 PM
People missed FGs and throw pick 6s all the time, why do bronco fans always say ours is luck? but when we do it for other teams we suck and there better making plays? get over it this season wasnt lucky. this was a team, who fought and crawled back intot he mixed energized by tebow. the juice ran out and the holes we had started to show later. time to plus some of those holes and keep this train rolling.

MOtorboat
01-16-2012, 10:48 PM
People missed FGs and throw pick 6s all the time, why do bronco fans always say ours is luck? but when we do it for other teams we suck and there better making plays? get over it this season wasnt lucky. this was a team, who fought and crawled back intot he mixed energized by tebow. the juice ran out and the holes we had started to show later. time to plus some of those holes and keep this train rolling.

In the same regard, the teams Denver beat ****** up. Monumentally, in some cases.

And, yeah, it was pretty lucky.

BroncoWave
01-16-2012, 10:50 PM
In the same regard, the teams Denver beat ****** up. Monumentally, in some cases.

And, yeah, it was pretty lucky.

The only thing I would say was completely lucky was Barber running out of bounds. Everything else Denver forced at least in some way.

MOtorboat
01-16-2012, 10:54 PM
The only thing I would say was completely lucky was Barber running out of bounds. Everything else Denver forced at least in some way.

There were a lot of really, really bad plays on the opposite side of the ball that allowed Denver to win games.

To not acknowledge that is naive.

Chef Zambini
01-16-2012, 10:54 PM
all in would mean a complete re-structure of the offense, and the NEED for a new OC !
I dont buy it.

Chef Zambini
01-16-2012, 10:55 PM
you are dillusional, you dont allow yourself to recognize reality.

TXBRONC
01-16-2012, 11:01 PM

Well no that's not just the way Fox is. If Tebow had completely closed deal I have no doubt Fox would have been unequivocal about who will be the starter game one.

BroncoWave
01-16-2012, 11:02 PM
There were a lot of really, really bad plays on the opposite side of the ball that allowed Denver to win games.

To not acknowledge that is naive.

Denver still had to take advantage of them. Someone had to reach in and strip the ball from Barber and we had to drive down and Prater had to make the FG. The DB had to catch the interception from Ponder and Prater had to make the FG. The Oakland, KC, NY, and SD games were all won legitimately without much luck, and while the onside kick against Miami was lucky, still took good special teams execution.

I know you're bitter that you may be wrong about Tebow but at least try to be a little objective.

Lancane
01-16-2012, 11:06 PM
Elway didn't state anything that surprised me (he needed to curb the circus - as I said earlier), but he sure didn't proclaim that Tebow was the starter for 2012 Season as Klis stated they would. He's going into camp as the starter, well duh, one quarterback, no competition. It's what he said at the end that was more important, they'll be looking to add quarterbacks through free agency and the draft.

I'm glad Elway is planning on working with Tebow, but I think we need an OC that has experience developing quarterbacks as well...I don't see McCoy as the right coach to help Tebow improve.

VonSackemMiller
01-16-2012, 11:06 PM
you are dillusional, you dont allow yourself to recognize reality.

No you people just hate on your own team. the broncos made plays period. Wasnt no got damn luck.

bcbronc
01-16-2012, 11:30 PM

Still too early to say that. Tebow is the incumbent, but he still has to win his job in camp and preseason. Just like Champ, just like everyone. Will he be? Well, if he isn't I hope it's because whoever is blew everyone's socks off. Too big a risk imo to go into camp next season without at least one other viable option on the roster.

You admit he has faults, so what's wrong with discussing them? It isn't necessary every time Tebow is discusses (and he's going to be discussed A LOT in the next few months, lol) to balance the cosmic TeForce by listing all the other issues the team had. Those things are outside the discussion when it comes to what Tebow needs to improve on.

The place to discuss the dropped passes or inability to get off the line belongs in threads discussing WRs. Same with discussing pass protection, threads on OL. Obviously there's going to be some overlap, and I'm not pretending to be the Where-you-can-post-that Police. But Tebow has faults that exist completely outside those other issues, and discussing them isn't "hating".

If you prefer not to acknowledge those faults, that's fine. But I'd like to be able to discuss them with others without constantly having the Tebow Defense Fund throw every other player and the coaching staff under the bus in an effort to absolve Tebow of all his faults.

Nick
01-16-2012, 11:30 PM
No you people just hate on your own team. the broncos made plays period. Wasnt no got damn luck.

A lot of it was because Broncos were lucky but doesn't mean they gave up. They are not hating on our team, just a little more tuned to reality of the Broncos and not one sided.

Most of these people are Bronco fans, not Bronco fans because of Tebow like yourself.

Not trying to pick on you but you are living in a fairy land...

VonSackemMiller
01-16-2012, 11:46 PM
You dont know me dude you dont know how long i been a bronco fan, So to try and make a valid point based off an assumption is dumb. Saying this team made no plays this year and got by on luck is dumb also.

Elevation inc
01-16-2012, 11:50 PM
and they should, sorry if you go 3 and out 8 times in a row in a game, it is not improvment.

I always want the Broncos to win, I just think people are so fixed that this kid is the real deal. I just dont see it. I will hope I am wrong and God knows I propably lead the league in that category, I want a QB that can be different from Tebow.

In the long run, I am not sure if this option style Oklahoma football will work.

I want to see 24-27 ppg, not 13-16 PPG

If we stay with this kid for a long time, we better have a stout defense like SF this year or Balt of the early 2000s to have a chance to compete.
i want 4 Von Millers on this team, a Ngata, a Champ Bailey of 2002 and Ed Reed of his prime to help us....

Brady destroyed this defense and it does not help with all the conservative offense going the other way. Lets look big picture, not the last 10-12 games and one playoff game where Pitt played us like we were a high school team. I loved it but I try to see more of the long term picture.

I know I am over the top as well the other way, but sorry not sold. complete 55% of your passes at least and show you can make the reads on defense that are going to get harder. This was very wildcat like and we all know what happened to that in the long run.

I personally like Tebow. He is a breath of fresh air in professional sports where there are plenty of scum and dbs. He is not that and never will be.

I hope he becomes Steve Young. Maybe Young would be a great consultant if Denver could hire him or just have Tebow pick his brain.

I am ready for Flames. :flame:

interesting you bring young up.....first years

Tebow first 16 games throws for 2900 yds, 19 td's, 9 ints
young first 16 games throws for 2700 yds 9 tds 16 ints
Elway first 16 games throws for 2400 yds, 10 td's 21 ints

This doesnt include the fumbles by all 3 of them or there rushing stats for which tebow dominates.....or the Completion % which young and elway are better.

what does this mean? it means 16 games doesnt really tell us crap on whether he is the future or not cause evalutaing a guy after only 16 games with all the problems on the rest of the offense as well and making a complete decision yay or nay without paying attention to the big picture is foolhardy.....

Nick
01-16-2012, 11:56 PM
You dont know me dude you dont know how long i been a bronco fan, So to try and make a valid point based off an assumption is dumb. Saying this team made no plays this year and got by on luck is dumb also.

I know you as much as you post, I read a lot more then I type. I think my assumption is pretty accurate with your free agency thread. Since I started typing on these boards around 2005 on other forum (even though was on forums prior)... You see a lot of people create threads to get a certain player that has 0 chance of becoming a bronco.

While some of these posters become great posters. Maybe there is a posting learning curve, I don't know.

I am not pointing out how much of a fan you are, Just your overall knowledge of football, how teams run it as a business, and judgement on players pros and cons.

* Never said nor think any one else that is a valid poster said this team made no plays this year. That is just reading between the lines and most likely bring something out of context.

wayninja
01-17-2012, 12:01 AM
You admit he has faults, so what's wrong with discussing them? It isn't necessary every time Tebow is discusses (and he's going to be discussed A LOT in the next few months, lol) to balance the cosmic TeForce by listing all the other issues the team had. Those things are outside the discussion when it comes to what Tebow needs to improve on.

I never said we shouldn't discuss him, did I? Talking about trading or benching him though, is downright pathetic.

The place to discuss the dropped passes or inability to get off the line belongs in threads discussing WRs. Same with discussing pass protection, threads on OL. Obviously there's going to be some overlap, and I'm not pretending to be the Where-you-can-post-that Police. But Tebow has faults that exist completely outside those other issues, and discussing them isn't "hating".

Again, never said discussing Tebow or his flaws was unacceptable or undesirable. Don't think I use the word 'hating' either. I have many times pointed out Tebow's flaws. I just get sick of the crowd with an agenda (on both sides). Those that claim he is responsible for none of our wins but all of our losses along with the crowd that claims the opposite.

If you prefer not to acknowledge those faults, that's fine. But I'd like to be able to discuss them with others without constantly having the Tebow Defense Fund throw every other player and the coaching staff under the bus in an effort to absolve Tebow of all his faults.

I have actually defended the coaching staff. Why quote me if you aren't actually going to respond to anything I wrote?

Discuss away. Talking about trading him or still talking about him not being an NFL quarterback is simply ridiculous. He's our QB. With him we did way better this season than anyone predicted. Can we at least talk about his faults from that perspective?

Nick
01-17-2012, 12:06 AM
interesting you bring young up.....first years

Tebow first 16 games throws for 2900 yds, 19 td's, 9 ints
young first 16 games throws for 2700 yds 9 tds 16 ints
Elway first 16 games throws for 2400 yds, 10 td's 21 ints

This doesnt include the fumbles by all 3 of them or there rushing stats for which tebow dominates.....or the Completion % which young and elway are better.

what does this mean? it means 16 games doesnt tell really us crap on whether he is the future or not cause evalutaing a guy after only 16 games with all the problems on the rest of the offense as well and making a complete decision yay or nay without paying attention to the big picture is foolhardy.....

I don't know if you remember but was a different game back in the day. This is a very pass friendly league. This is kinda compairing apples and oranges, don't you think?

It is Tebows second year.

Elways second year he lost to the Steelers in playoffs and we only los 2-3 games that year.

I remember that year like it was yesterday because watched every game when I was a kid (my dad had recorded)

If Broncos won the playoff game it was going to be Marino VS Elway.

Also AFC west was a force that year. Seahawks, Raiders, and Broncos were all doing pretty good.

If you think Tebow is near elway at the end of the second year, your on drugs.

Elevation inc
01-17-2012, 12:13 AM
I don't know if you remember but was a different game back in the day. This is a very pass friendly league. This is kinda compairing apples and oranges, don't you think?

Elways second year he lost to the Steelers in playoffs and we only los 2-3 games that year.

I remember that year like it was yesterday because watched every game when I was a kid (my dad had recorded)

If Broncos won the playoff game it was going to be Marino VS Elway.

Also AFC west was a force that year. Seahawks, Raiders, and Broncos were all doing pretty good.

its actually not from me its from bill williamson at ESPN.....that was his comparison in his blogs.....and i did not say that but i know damn well the young kid earned the right to get his shot.....if you dont believe me i dont really care....so there is nothing to debate.....

wayninja
01-17-2012, 12:14 AM

Apples and oranges? No. That analogy sucks. Comparing Football to Soccer is apples to oranges, not 1980's football to modern day football. That's more like comparing honeycrisps and red delicious.

Second year, absolutely, not a rookie. Still 16 starts though without the benefit of an offseason due to a lockout. That's about as close to a rookie you can get without actually being one.

Ok, so, shouldn't we wait until the end of next season to pass a comparative judgement?

This isn't Tebow's second year as a starter. And no one is saying he is Elway. Let's not deflect the argument down that road. Very few are Elway, but even Trent Dilfer and Phil Simms won superbowls (the latter AGAINST Elway).

Elevation inc
01-17-2012, 12:15 AM
A lot of it was because Broncos were lucky but doesn't mean they gave up. They are not hating on our team, just a little more tuned to reality of the Broncos and not one sided.

Most of these people are Bronco fans, not Bronco fans because of Tebow like yourself.

Not trying to pick on you but you are living in a fairy land...

yeah we were lucky are so called vaunted defense got some lucky ass breaks just like the offense and then when it came down to make some plays they had a bunch of games in which they gave up 40 points to......every team gets lucky at some point all year....ask St louis when they upset the saints for example....

Nick
01-17-2012, 12:16 AM
its actually not from me its from bill williamson at ESPN.....that was his comparison in his blogs.....and i did not say that but i know damn well the young kid earned the right to get his shot.....if you dont believe me i dont really care....so there is nothing to debate.....

Seems like every analysis trys to find something or anything about the guy.

Nick
01-17-2012, 12:18 AM
yeah we were lucky are so called vaunted defense got some lucky ass breaks just like the offense and then when it came down to make some plays they had a bunch of games in which they gave up 40 points to......every team gets lucky at some point all year....ask St louis when they upset the saints for example....

It is also the theory of any given Sunday. This team "could" beat the Pats but it would be 1 in every 10 games. Everything would have to fall in place.

Elevation inc
01-17-2012, 12:25 AM
It is also the theory of any given Sunday. This team "could" beat the Pats but it would be 1 in every 10 games. Everything would have to fall in place.

we lost that game becasue our defense couldnt cover brady's TE's our OL couldnt protect the pocket, and our OC and DC got outcoached and outclassed plain and simple....anyone that cant see that isnt being objective........

Elevation inc
01-17-2012, 12:29 AM
Seems like every analysis trys to find something or anything about the guy.

I believe this i belive some games tebow looked like ass and others he looked like he was making strides hmmm sounds like a player who only played 16 games i see many young qb's look okay, then horrible, then good.....thats what young qb's do. I also know his WR's dropped alot of balls and didnt get open a number of times, His OL failed to give him a decent amount of protection all year and his coach on offense felt run dive left run dive right throw deep on 3rd and long was the way to call offense most of the year.....lets not get carried away here tebow needs work he, elway, fox and his whole team knows it, but he earned the right to get that work and go into next season as the guy....

wayninja
01-17-2012, 12:29 AM
we lost that game becasue our defense couldnt cover brady's TE's our OL couldnt protect the pocket, and our OC and DC got outcoached and outclassed plain and simple....anyone that cant see that isnt being objective........

Tebow was not good against the pats. He was pretty bad actually. Having said that, he wasn't even in the top 5 worst players in that game. Probably not even the top 10.

That's just the truth.

Elevation inc
01-17-2012, 12:37 AM
Tebow was not good against the pats. He was pretty bad actually. Having said that, he wasn't even in the top 5 worst players in that game. Probably not even the top 10.

That's just the truth.

PFF gave him a what equates to a C grade.....15 players on offense and defense for denver had far worse gardes than that...and im talking D's and F's

they counted 4 drops by his WR's that were easy catches and 2 drops that werent easy catches, plus 5 throw away throws and 3 very bad passes thats and 4 tipped balls at the line thats how they graded him.......they said tebow didnt play well, but it wasnt a horrible game from him either cause his OL gave him no time and his coach called a shitty game

Nick
01-17-2012, 12:48 AM
Apples and oranges? No. That analogy sucks. Comparing Football to Soccer is apples to oranges, not 1980's football to modern day football. That's more like comparing honeycrisps and red delicious.

Second year, absolutely, not a rookie. Still 16 starts though without the benefit of an offseason due to a lockout. That's about as close to a rookie you can get without actually being one.

Ok, so, shouldn't we wait until the end of next season to pass a comparative judgement?

This isn't Tebow's second year as a starter. And no one is saying he is Elway. Let's not deflect the argument down that road. Very few are Elway, but even Trent Dilfer and Phil Simms won superbowls (the latter AGAINST Elway).

If you compare him to other people that sat on the bench for a year... then 16 games. That would be fair. Rogers sat for a while. you want to compare him?

Comparing a person that is sat for a while and thrown to wolves is also honeycrisps and red delicious. :lol:

So next year will be Tebows 3rd year...

wayninja
01-17-2012, 12:53 AM
If you compare him to other people that sat on the bench for a year... then 16 games. That would be fair. Rogers sat for a while. you want to compare him?

Comparing a person that is sat for a while and thrown to wolves is also honeycrisps and red delicious. :lol:

So next year will be Tebows 3rd year...

I have no idea what you are talking about anymore. You went from comparing eras to comparing people without missing a beat.

You can compare whatever player you want against any other, I don't really care.

Yes, next year will be Tebow's 3rd year and he will still not have started/ended a full season yet. So?

Nick
01-17-2012, 01:41 AM
I have no idea what you are talking about anymore. You went from comparing eras to comparing people without missing a beat.

You can compare whatever player you want against any other, I don't really care.

Yes, next year will be Tebow's 3rd year and he will still not have started/ended a full season yet. So?

That is what I am saying, You can compare him to anyone. still not a valid argument. Apples and oranges.

bcbronc
01-17-2012, 01:56 AM
I never said we shouldn't discuss him, did I? Talking about trading or benching him though, is downright pathetic.

Why is it pathetic? Because you feel differently? It's week 1 of the off-season, people are throwing ideas around for the sake of discussion. Just because you feel it's a pointless discussion, doesn't make it pathetic.

No more than when people talk about benching or trading or cutting any other player.

Again, never said discussing Tebow or his flaws was unacceptable or undesirable. Don't think I use the word 'hating' either. I have many times pointed out Tebow's flaws. I just get sick of the crowd with an agenda (on both sides). Those that claim he is responsible for none of our wins but all of our losses along with the crowd that claims the opposite.

You might not explicitly say discussing Tebow's flaws is unacceptable, but you often ride in quickly to remind everyone how bad everyone else on the roster is.

As annoying as it is when a poster gives 100% of the blame/credit to Tebow, no matter what the circumstance, it's just as annoying to have the rest of the team thrown under the bus every time someone criticizes Tebow. imo.

I have actually defended the coaching staff. Why quote me if you aren't actually going to respond to anything I wrote?

ya, sorry, it was more the "royal you".

Discuss away. Talking about trading him or still talking about him not being an NFL quarterback is simply ridiculous. He's our QB. With him we did way better this season than anyone predicted. Can we at least talk about his faults from that perspective?

I don't agree that talking about whether he'll be an NFL QB is ridiculous. If he can't become a more consistently accurate QB, he won't be in the league for long. Or at least won't be a #1 QB for long. It's certainly debatable at this point whether Tebow improves enough to become a franchise QB. If it wasn't, EFX would have come out and said Tebow is our franchise QB. Instead, they said he's the starter going into next season. Big difference.

If a conversation like that is going on, and you feel it's ridiculous, why bother participating?

Joel
01-17-2012, 08:50 AM
No doubt Tebow needs to improve. But either our TE really suck at catching or OL is that bad that they were always blocking on passing plays. But i feel under McCoy they were way under utilized. And for a lot of top QBs their TEs are their bread and butter these days. I loved the way Saints/Pats/GB all use their TE for bump and goes to outside for quick passes. The slants over the middle much like Fells did against the Steelers.

I feel like the option is not the offense to go forward with at all. While I do like some of the plays to throw a team off guard. I think they need to run a power run/spread type. I think the play action that McDaniels used with Orton could be this teams bread and butter play. And no QBs draws unless inside the 10, rather let the QB scramble be Tebow's rushes.
I agree strongly on the spread running, and that the option is not the offense; it's not the offense for ANY NFL team: CALLED runs or none.

A caveat is I don't think we should restrict QB runs to inside the 10; while called QB runs may be harder on Tebow, they're easier on McGahee, and help keep the D guessing in the run game as well as in general.

Lets look big picture, not the last 10-12 games and one playoff game where Pitt played us like we were a high school team. I loved it but I try to see more of the long term picture.
Big picture: If we go back to a dozen games before the Pittsburgh game, Tebow (or Quinn) is Ortons backup, and will be for another game and a half. He needs improvement in a number of areas; most second year QBs do. Sam Bradford would KILL for a second year like Tebows--and he HAD Lloyd. The main difference is that most of what Tebow needs to improve are physical skills for which he has the physical ability. I can't remember the last time I saw a young QB with an Int% as low as Tebows; it's an axiom that young QBs are pick machines. Tebow needs better footwork and faster progressions, but so would almost anyone we drafted.

Young would be the IDEAL choice for a big tackle-breaking hard running southpaw QB with accuracy issues (which pretty much describes him,) but Elway's a nice second choice, as his own comments indicate.

wayninja
01-17-2012, 09:57 AM
Why is it pathetic? Because you feel differently? It's week 1 of the off-season, people are throwing ideas around for the sake of discussion. Just because you feel it's a pointless discussion, doesn't make it pathetic.

It's pathetic because we were basically in the same place last year. Having the worst season in franchise history and then making the playoffs for the first time in 6 years has done nothing to stop the QB merry-go-round. Pathetic.

No more than when people talk about benching or trading or cutting any other player.

Any other player? If folks wanted to trade Miller, Harris Dumervil or several others, I'd probably be just as disgusted. Funny you don't hear much of that.

You might not explicitly say discussing Tebow's flaws is unacceptable, but you often ride in quickly to remind everyone how bad everyone else on the roster is.

It's the only way to put things into perspective. Do we really need another QB when an offense can put over 40 points on as almost at will? Our defensive flaws are not something that just appeared this year and they've been neglected far too long. Allen did some good things this year to disguise our deficiencies, but a lot more is needed.

As annoying as it is when a poster gives 100% of the blame/credit to Tebow, no matter what the circumstance, it's just as annoying to have the rest of the team thrown under the bus every time someone criticizes Tebow. imo.

I'll say it again. Criticize away. I'm not 'throwing the team under the bus' because Tebow is being criticized. For someone claiming that free and open discussion is all you are concerned with, it's strange that you would be annoyed if someone criticizes the 'rest of the team'.

ya, sorry, it was more the "royal you".

I really don't know what you mean here. You are being just as sanctimonious as I am.

I don't agree that talking about whether he'll be an NFL QB is ridiculous. If he can't become a more consistently accurate QB, he won't be in the league for long. Or at least won't be a #1 QB for long. It's certainly debatable at this point whether Tebow improves enough to become a franchise QB. If it wasn't, EFX would have come out and said Tebow is our franchise QB. Instead, they said he's the starter going into next season. Big difference.

Whether he'll be? Sorry, but that ship sailed about 8 games ago. You can debate how good he is all you want, but the whole 'can he play in the NFL' stuff is a bit 2009. He's played. He's won. It's not pretty at times and he has a long way to go to get to the next level, but he IS an NFL QB and he's so far been way more successful than most people predicted. I have no problem with you debating how long he will be in the league, but performance is the standard by which all QB's lives are dictated. Of course if he doesn't perform well, he won't be given a free pass and remain a #1. That goes without saying.

If a conversation like that is going on, and you feel it's ridiculous, why bother participating?

To point out how ridiculous it is? Why bother participating any conversation?

wayninja
01-17-2012, 09:58 AM
That is what I am saying, You can compare him to anyone. still not a valid argument. Apples and oranges.

What?

madmanbryan
01-17-2012, 10:07 AM
I dont really believe they are all in on tebow.
I wish they were,but it really depends on how camp goes
Havent we seen this before?? Then he got benched as 4th string

Lancane
01-17-2012, 10:10 AM
Point...

Elway did not say he was the starter going into the season, he said he was the starter going into camp, there is a big difference. Just FYI for those who don't seem to grasp the difference. Ala, he's the starter when camp starts, but that doesn't mean he's the starter when the season begins, he'll still have to earn the nod and is not free of competition. Elway also stated they planned to add quarterbacks to the roster through free agency and the draft, so while he did say Tebow was 'the starter' there was a proverbial 'but' in there!

So the title of this thread should be 'Broncos all in with Tebow for at least the start of training camp'.

;)

wayninja
01-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Point...

Elway did not say he was the starter going into the season, he said he was the starter going into camp, there is a big difference. Just FYI for those who don't seem to grasp the difference. Ala, he's the starter when camp starts, but that doesn't mean he's the starter when the season begins, he'll still have to earn the nod and is not free of competition. Elway also stated they planned to add quarterbacks to the roster through free agency and the draft, so while he did say Tebow was 'the starter' there was a proverbial 'but' in there!

So the title of this thread should be 'Broncos all in with Tebow for at least the start of training camp'.

;)

You are absolutely correct. He will need to compete for the job. However, unlike last year, they know him a bit more and the the same bias going into the camp probably won't be present like last year. In other words, I'm betting he will be given a bit more leeway. It will more of his job to lose than win, which is basically the opposite of last year.

Lancane
01-17-2012, 12:19 PM
You are absolutely correct. He will need to compete for the job. However, unlike last year, they know him a bit more and the the same bias going into the camp probably won't be present like last year. In other words, I'm betting he will be given a bit more leeway. It will more of his job to lose than win, which is basically the opposite of last year.

50/50 Nin, I would say that your correct in that it's his job to lose, however I don't see him getting any sort of leeway. If come camp he's showing little improvement and the other quarterbacks on the roster are either progressing well or showing that they're better overall, then there is a chance that they're left with no choice but to start someone else, no matter the outcry by his followers.

wayninja
01-17-2012, 12:26 PM
50/50 Nin, I would say that your correct in that it's his job to lose, however I don't see him getting any sort of leeway. If come camp he's showing little improvement and the other quarterbacks on the roster are either progressing well or showing that they're better overall, then there is a chance that they're left with no choice but to start someone else, no matter the outcry by his followers.

Meh, maybe leeway was not the right word, but I'm not sure how else to say it. I guess maybe it's a bit more understood that his practice play isn't necessarily indicative of his game time play. And that the metrics he is judged by may not necessarily be the same as last season.

TXBRONC
01-17-2012, 12:36 PM
Meh, maybe leeway was not the right word, but I'm not sure how else to say it. I guess maybe it's a bit more understood that his practice play isn't necessarily indicative of his game time play. And that the metrics he is judged by may not necessarily be the same as last season.

From what Elway has said I'm so sure that they'll judge by a different metric. To me it still sounds like he's going to have to learn how to throw from the pocket.

Ravage!!!
01-17-2012, 12:44 PM
From what Elway has said I'm so sure that they'll judge by a different metric. To me it still sounds like he's going to have to learn how to throw from the pocket.

I think you are right.

In order for the Broncos to be "all in" with Tebow, that would require Elway and staff to change everything. Everything from how they scout, trade, draft, and coach. It would mean that EVERY player that is brought in, is to build around a QB that hasn't really proved he can sustain in the NFL with a style that doesn't really seem likely to succeed.

So I don't believe that everyone has "bought in" to Tebow, because it would simply require too much........ unless Tebow can show he's capable of actually throwing the ball.

Tebow has ABSOLUTELY earned the right to be the starter going into camp. No doubt about it. But he has a LONG ways to go, imo.

Elevation inc
01-17-2012, 12:47 PM
I think you are right.

In order for the Broncos to be "all in" with Tebow, that would require Elway and staff to change everything. Everything from how they scout, trade, draft, and coach. It would mean that EVERY player that is brought in, is to build around a QB that hasn't really proved he can sustain in the NFL with a style that doesn't really seem likely to succeed.

So I don't believe that everyone has "bought in" to Tebow, because it would simply require too much........ unless Tebow can show he's capable of actually throwing the ball.

Tebow has ABSOLUTELY earned the right to be the starter going into camp. No doubt about it. But he has a LONG ways to go, imo.

yes he did earn it good call, but its clear the direction we will go as a offense and thats tebow throwing from under center(if he cant do that he will be gone plain and simple)with a power blocking scheme and a option thrown in once and while.....

dunk7
01-17-2012, 01:11 PM
I think you are right.

Ding Ding Ding...Best ******* Post I've read in a while. How did things turn out for the "Wildcat Teams" in year two? How successful will the read option be when teams can prep 6 months in advance and not one week? He might have earned extra playtime for the character and leadership he's shown but that leash will be a very short one.

dunk7
01-17-2012, 01:19 PM
This was a good read...Brian Billicks reaction to Elway's presser:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/01/brian-billick-john-elways-endorsement-of-broncos-tim-tebow-weak-but-qb-must-slim-down/1

rjent
01-17-2012, 01:33 PM
This was a good read...Brian Billicks reaction to Elway's presser:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/01/brian-billick-john-elways-endorsement-of-broncos-tim-tebow-weak-but-qb-must-slim-down/1

That is interesting....

Damn all of the fighting this thread caused, I am kind of sorry I started it ... :lol:

My problem with all of the pro con arguments of all ( and actually everybody is actually right on both sides of the debate) is that Orton always beat out everyone in camp and practice. We all know how that worked out. This kid has the desire and strength to accomplish what great players accomplish. He wants to play qb. I just think we need to find out what we have before going on the Griese, Plumber, Cutler, Orton, ????? carousel again. Championships are won by champion players, I am not convinced that champion players are discovered in training camp. Tim is a champion college and now AFC West champion player.

I am concerned (and it is why I am so adamant about supporting him, other than he is the qb of the Denver Broncos and I support him) that we are going to strike at the next flashy lure that come by, and start this BS carousel all over again.

JMHO :2thumbs:

Ravage!!!
01-17-2012, 01:42 PM
Even Phil Simms pointed out on some of the throws to his players during the game, that those things are worked on and perfected in practice. You can't just have a player that "shows up on games" and not in practices. It sounds good. Its a GREAT "cliche' " that many have tossed around here... the "He's a gamer" stuff. But its just not a reality.

If a player is to be a quality player in the long term, he has to able to do it day in and day out.. .. and YES, that includes at practice.

pnbronco
01-17-2012, 02:51 PM
I think you are right.

That's what I heard. IMO John said pretty much the same thing last year . Love the person, the football player, the leader. Can he turn into the future QB depends on if he can learn to play from the pocket.

I believe they are waiting to see what Tim can do over the off season. Also IMO he needs to start working with a Pro QB Coach ASAP if not 2 and take everything in with the staff that can help him.

Love the person. Hope he can take it to the next level. If he can't then I hope they have someone in the wings that can.

BroncoNut
01-17-2012, 02:59 PM
jsut finished the season 2/3 days ago and you're already buying into this crap? ALOT can happen in an offseason. Whatever is being said by whoever is complete bs right now.

thanks for the article though

rjent
01-17-2012, 03:06 PM
jsut finished the season 2/3 days ago and you're already buying into this crap? ALOT can happen in an offseason. Whatever is being said by whoever is complete bs right now.

thanks for the article though

I am not "buying" into anything. I just thought it was an interesting article that the members would enjoy ....

Sorry :confused:

BroncoNut
01-17-2012, 03:41 PM
I am not "buying" into anything. I just thought it was an interesting article that the members would enjoy ....

Sorry :confused:

oh no, don't be sorry. We just have a difference of opinion on the matter and I told you that I appreciated the post.

Joel
01-17-2012, 05:15 PM
My problem with all of the pro con arguments of all ( and actually everybody is actually right on both sides of the debate) is that Orton always beat out everyone in camp and practice. We all know how that worked out. This kid has the desire and strength to accomplish what great players accomplish. He wants to play qb. I just think we need to find out what we have before going on the Griese, Plumber, Cutler, Orton, ????? carousel again. Championships are won by champion players, I am not convinced that champion players are discovered in training camp. Tim is a champion college and now AFC West champion player.

I am concerned (and it is why I am so adamant about supporting him, other than he is the qb of the Denver Broncos and I support him) that we are going to strike at the next flashy lure that come by, and start this BS carousel all over again.
That last prospect is one of the main reasons I want us to play things out with Tebow, because QB carousels are the surest sign you have a team that will average a half dozen wins per year for the next decade or more. They reflect a front office that has "bought in" to the childish, oversimplified and very popular with fans notion that QBs are panaces:

Bad team=bad QB; great QB=great team.

Wouldn't winning Super Bowls be so much easier if that were true? It's certainly a lot more encouraging thought than the idea your QB isn't all that bad but half your OTHER starters suck, and you can only replace about half of THOSE through the draft, even if you strike instant gold with every pick. The difficulty of facing that reality is why I think so many front offices fall for the "a new QB will fix everything" fallacy; meanwhile, year after year they squander picks desperately needed elsewhere. If we're not careful, between Cutler, Marshall, Scheff, Hillis, Gaffney and Lloyd we could become known as the team that gives away Pro Bowlers as fast as it gets them.

How many times have we seen "bust" QBs traded to better teams where they blossomed into Pro Bowlers? "He matured." "He got better coaching." Yeah, maybe; maybe he just got to a team that wasn't utter garbage for which he always took the blame. One thing's for sure: Until his former team can see past the end of their centers butt ANYONE they put there will look awful, and may have his "pocket presence" or "anticipation" permanently impaired by what the experience teaches him to expect.

bcbronc
01-18-2012, 01:31 AM
Championships are won by champion players, I am not convinced that champion players are discovered in training camp. Tim is a champion college and now AFC West champion player.

yeah, okay, that's true. But we have to be careful before we say Tebow is a champion player in the NFL. So far in his career he's played 3 (more or less) do or die games: KC (the more or less), PIT, NE.

KC, he was the worst player on the field for either team. Including Orton.

PIT, he was great and made some big plays. Did miss some plays in clutch time though.

NE, he wasn't good. Wasn't the worse Bronco by any stretch, but he didn't exactly grab the bull by its horns.

I get it that he's young and this is his first playoff experience. Still, the facts are in 2 of the 3 win or go home games he played in, he played some of his worst football of the season.

JMHO :2thumbs:

ya, this is a legit concern. The organization could use a stretch of continuity.