PDA

View Full Version : McCoy to Miami?

broncofan1987
01-16-2012, 10:41 AM
So McCoy might be heading to Miami, lets go after Jim Tressel for our next OC. He knows how to use a QB like Tebow and knew how to win. Even though I hate Ohio State, it would be a good hire.

Jsteve01
01-16-2012, 10:43 AM
I think Tressel's hanging out waiting for the Caldwell firing

SmilinAssasSin27
01-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Umm...have you seen Tressel's offenses? BORING! I'm a YSU grad and I think that's a bad idea...

Medford Bronco
01-16-2012, 11:44 AM
I will drive him there. :lol:

underrated29
01-16-2012, 11:44 AM
just get mike otta here

BroncoJoe
01-16-2012, 11:47 AM
I'd be OK if McCoy stays or goes. If he goes, there are probably 100 coaches I'd rather have than Tressel.

Medford Bronco
01-16-2012, 11:48 AM
I'd be OK if McCoy stays or goes. If he goes, there are probably 100 coaches I'd rather have than Tressel.

Please tell us as I dont follow college that much (kids that do you)

BroncoJoe
01-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Please tell us as I dont follow college that much (kids that do you)

I don't watch much college football outside the CU Buffs program. From what I've read about him as a person, I don't think he'd be a good addition to the Broncos.

There are a lot of coaches who'd love the chance to work with Tim - Jim Fassel is one of them.

Medford Bronco
01-16-2012, 11:57 AM
I don't watch much college football outside the CU Buffs program. From what I've read about him as a person, I don't think he'd be a good addition to the Broncos.

There are a lot of coaches who'd love the chance to work with Tim - Jim Fassel is one of them.

I like Fassel. He was good in NY many moons ago and helped Elway when Wade Phillips was here. He diversifed the offense some and brought us out of the dark ages of the Reeves 1970s offense that hamstrung Elway early in his career IMHO.

Chef Zambini
01-16-2012, 12:00 PM
fassil is a farce.
we need a creative innovative OC if they decide to go with TEBOW, the entire offense will need to be re-vamped and overhauled to accomodate the tebow skill set!
mccoy, did a good job this year, but he aint the guy REQUIRED to make the complete transition from a conventional NFL offense to the type of O tebow will require if he has any chance of being successful.

NightTrainLayne
01-16-2012, 12:03 PM

#1 Why in the heck would Tressel take on an OC position in the NFL?

I can't think of a single good reason he would.

#2 Why would we want him in that role?

I can't think of a single good reason.

Going from HC at a big program to OC of a mediocre NFL team is not a great jumping off point.

Chef Zambini
01-16-2012, 12:04 PM
I like Fassel. He was good in NY many moons ago and helped Elway when Wade Phillips was here. He diversifed the offense some and brought us out of the dark ages of the Reeves 1970s offense that hamstrung Elway early in his career IMHO.ELWAY made fassel look good, not the other way around !
brian billek looked like a genius too when he was the OC with randy and cunningham as his WR ? QB duo !
mike martz, brilliant with kurt warner and marshall faulk in his backfield.
PLEASE people, can we speak from a platform of reality! ?
fassel, dear lord I hope not !

Chef Zambini
01-16-2012, 12:06 PM
tressel?
that guy is about as creative as a cheeseburger.

SOCALORADO.
01-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Tressel!?! Wow. Just WOW.

If McCoy goes, DEN needs to look at Tom Clements, GBs QB coach.
Of course, he will want to bring Matt Flynn with him. Which is fine.
Keep TT, trade him, whatever, Clements would do wonders with TT.

red98
01-16-2012, 12:36 PM
ELWAY made fassel look good, not the other way around !
brian billek looked like a genius too when he was the OC with randy and cunningham as his WR ? QB duo !
mike martz, brilliant with kurt warner and marshall faulk in his backfield.
PLEASE people, can we speak from a platform of reality! ?
fassel, dear lord I hope not !

Fassel was a great QB coach and helped Elway in that capacity. However I agree he was NOT a good OC and never was.

CoachChaz
01-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Mike Sherman

Lancane
01-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Randy Fichtner, Joe Lombardi and Gregg Knapp are three off the top of my head that would be good choices for the job, far better then McCoy to begin with.

Medford Bronco
01-16-2012, 03:54 PM
tressel?
that guy is about as creative as a cheeseburger.

So he can compete with McCoy:lol:

who is as creative as a cheesburger with a side of fries of course. :D

Rick
01-16-2012, 04:22 PM
Wouldn't mind Dennison if Houston would let him go. Here he would be THE play caller and get a better shot at HC someday as opposed to HOU where Kubiac is the caller.

I would prefer him over most of the other guys listed so far.

Nick
01-16-2012, 04:22 PM
I would get a young mind from college if we are going with Tebow.

I like Malzahn as OC, sucks he went to Arkansas.

Then would say Paul Chryst would be a perfect fit on our team but he just got a new job to.

But does not matter what I want... I wanted harbaugh as HC for last 3 years.... Broncos dropped the ball on that one.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-16-2012, 04:25 PM
I would get a young mind from college if we are going with Tebow.

I like Malzahn as OC, sucks he went to Arkansas.

Then would say Paul Chryst would be a perfect fit on our team but he just got a new job to.

But does not matter what I want... I wanted harbaugh as HC for last 3 years.... Broncos dropped the ball on that one.

How did the Broncos drop the ball on Harbaugh - he and his family lived in the Bay Area, and did not want to leave the Bay Area.

Nick
01-16-2012, 04:43 PM
How did the Broncos drop the ball on Harbaugh - he and his family lived in the Bay Area, and did not want to leave the Bay Area.

I understand that but still comes down to money. It was either Niners or Broncos. If broncos gave him a couple mil more... He would be a bronco.
I was living out in the Bay area when this was going on and listened to his harbaugh every week on the radio and understand his love for the bay area. I do to but as much as I wanted to stay there. I went where more money was offered.

He did not stay to stay in the bay area. He stayed because was best financially and location... Or he wouldn't have meet with teams afterwards.

Jsteve01
01-16-2012, 04:43 PM

Don't even get me started carol. Im currently involved in a debate on my old forum with a guy who's trying to make the assertion that if McCoy or Allen leave then it's Elways fault because he couldn't convince them to pass up a huge opportunity and the chance to fulfill a dream.

dogfish
01-16-2012, 06:04 PM
jim tressel?

:lol::lol::lol:

**** me, this is going to be the worst off-season ever. . . i think i really need to leave until september. . . .

Denver Native (Carol)
01-16-2012, 07:00 PM
I understand that but still comes down to money. It was either Niners or Broncos. If broncos gave him a couple mil more... He would be a bronco.
I was living out in the Bay area when this was going on and listened to his harbaugh every week on the radio and understand his love for the bay area. I do to but as much as I wanted to stay there. I went where more money was offered.

He did not stay to stay in the bay area. He stayed because was best financially and location... Or he wouldn't have meet with teams afterwards.

He also chose less money to sign with the Niners, who offered about $3 million less per season than the Dolphins, who fell out of the running Thursday night.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/01/inside-the-49ers/49ers-sign-harbaugh/

Nick
01-16-2012, 07:19 PM
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/01/inside-the-49ers/49ers-sign-harbaugh/

That is after signing. Prior to signing was very different. He talked with I believe 5 total teams and thought over it with family.

The key is he needed to be paid a lot more money. If Broncos offered him 8-9 mil year contract they could have got this to work. I even said that prior they need to fork over the cash, There is just way to many incentives for him out in the bay area.