PDA

View Full Version : Cutler's act is wearing thin.

Flatinum
03-02-2009, 02:58 PM
Like I said, he's not doing himself any favors by pouting and being a big baby.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=3946294&sportCat=nfl

JONtheBRONCO
03-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Cutler's act is wearing thin -- quickly
By Gene Wojciechowski
ESPN.com

Will someone please give Jay Cutler his pacifier, hand him his favorite blankie and put him back in his crib for his afternoon nap? Because if he cries anymore about a trade that didn't happen, we'll have to check his Pampers.

Cutler is the quarterback of the Denver Broncos. At least for now he is.

Turns out the Broncos are/were shopping him. The three-way trade between the Broncos, New England Patriots and Tampa Bay Buccaneers didn't reach critical mass, but names (Cutler to the Bucs, Matt Cassel to the Broncos) and numbers (first- and fourth-round draft picks to the Patriots) were discussed.

But it didn't happen. Repeat: didn't happen.

Instead, the Patriots traded Cassel and his franchise-tag salary to the Kansas City Chiefs. And Cutler is still a Bronco.

But the mere thought of a possible trade upset Cutler so much that he went into full waaaa-waaaa-waaaa mode, wailing like an infant. Why are they being so mean to me?

That sort of thing.

"I'm upset," he told The Denver Post. "I mean, I'm really shocked at this point."

And this from Cutler's agent, James "Bus" Cook, who told The Associated Press,

"Nobody's going to call the [New York] Giants and ask for Eli [Manning]. Nobody's calling the [Indianapolis] Colts asking about Peyton [Manning]. [Tom] Brady? Come on.
So, why call Denver and ask about Jay? And if they do call, why not say, 'That's not for discussion. What else do you want?'"

Why call Denver and ask about Cutler? Because the Broncos haven't reached the playoffs since the 2005 season. Because Cutler's record as a starter is 17-20. Because new Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels just happened to coach Cassel last season. And Cassel's team finished 11-5, including a 41-7 victory against Cutler's Broncos in October.

Nobody is calling the Giants and the Colts about the Manning brothers because the Manning brothers actually reach the postseason and have won Super Bowls. And here's guessing somebody called the Patriots asking whether Brady might be available.

Cook, more than anyone, should know that anything is possible in the NFL. Just ask Brett Favre, one of Cook's longtime clients.

Don't get me wrong -- Cutler is a talent, possibly a major talent. His numbers keep tracking upward (4,526 passing yards, 25 touchdowns in '08), but so do his turnovers (18 interceptions, including four in Denver's last three games -- all losses) and hissy fits.

None of this Cutler trade talk likely would have happened if Mike Shanahan were still the Broncos' head coach. Shanahan is the guy who drafted Cutler with the 11th pick of the 2006 draft. They were attached at the hip pads.

But Shanahan is Broncos history. It happens. Last week it happened to 11-time Pro Bowl linebacker Derrick Brooks of the Bucs. He was cut after 14 years.

Brooks didn't pout like Cutler. And his agent didn't issue any angry criticisms of the Bucs' decision. Instead, Brooks articulated the essential truth of the NFL: It's business, not personal.

"Everybody has a picture that they want painted their own particular way, but when the picture's not painted your way, you don't kick and scream," Brooks told reporters. "You be a man about it."

Cutler is kicking and screaming. Poor baby. He stiffed the Broncos when they requested a kiss-and-make-up session. Word is he won't even talk to McDaniels on the phone.

So what if the Broncos considered proposals from the Bucs? Who cares whether they listened to an offer from the Detroit Lions? When you haven't reached the playoffs since '05, when you gag away a three-game division lead with three games left, you listen to everybody about anybody.

Come to think about it, what's so bad about the Bucs? New coach -- Raheem Morris. New tight end -- Kellen Winslow. Newly re-upped wide receivers -- Antonio Bryant (franchise-tagged) and Michael Clayton. And did we mention that Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall was arrested again?

"If they were in fact trying to trade Jay Cutler, then I think that's a situation that's going to cause a very serious problem for the organization," Cook huffed and puffed.

Why? Because Cutler's precious feelings were hurt? Please.

The nontrade causes serious problems only if Cutler wants it that way. To whine about the Broncos' kicking the tires on a trade accomplishes nothing. Especially from a guy with zero playoff appearances and a grand total of 37 NFL games.

Cutler has accomplished nothing in this league. He has pretty passing numbers, but so what? It's time for him do a Brooks and grow up. It's time for him to spit out the pacifier.

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Now we can sit and wait for 100 posts that suddenly discredit Gen Wojo and his writing.

Gamechanger
03-02-2009, 03:08 PM
meh....this is a weekend for the worse for football fans

shank
03-02-2009, 03:09 PM
that's a bad article. cutler is being such a baby, listen to this riduculous pouty crybaby thing he said,
"I'm upset," he told The Denver Post. "I mean, I'm really shocked at this point."

holy ******* shit! no way that baby hasn't filled his diaper yet... :guy'sanidiot:

he also misunderstands the quote about a trade causing problems... cutler is great friends with many of the offensive weapons, it definitely WOULD cause problems to trade cutler.

he compares cutler's crybaby shock to the reaction of derrick brooks, a 14 year vet who had to have seen his release coming like he is comparing apples to apples. ******* hack.

cutler's reaction is legit. did he have to do it to media? no, but they called before coach did. did he really cancel a meeting? bus cook said there never was a meeting. the people calling jay a crybaby for canceling the meeting are speculating just as much as the people who think McD was shopping jay.

any one-sided argument in this situation is stupid, but the ability to fix the situation is in McXanderPat's hands.

Medford Bronco
03-02-2009, 03:10 PM
This is a spot on article.

Here come the flames raining down on me :target: :flame: :lol:

BigDaddyBronco
03-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Cook isn't going to help Cutler out much in the PR area, just look how great Favre looked with his constant retirement/non-retirement decisions.

omac
03-02-2009, 03:11 PM
No offense, but couldn't this thread have been merged with one of the other Cutler trade talk threads? The recycled information is still the same, but just more added opinions.

NightTrainLayne
03-02-2009, 03:13 PM
I hope Cutler's next move isn't to get the bone-headed idea of not reporting to camp/holding out or something stupid like that.

If it's true that he won't even accept McDaniels phone-calls then we are all in deep shit.

And yes, not accepting phone calls from the HC calls for the "big baby throwing tantrums" treatment.

Rex
03-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Clay,
Please do not Bomb Gene's house or office.

tia

TXBRONC
03-02-2009, 03:18 PM
No offense, but couldn't this thread have been merged with one of the other Cutler trade talk threads? The recycled information is still the same, but just more added opinions.

Agreed.

Den21vsBal19
03-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Cutler has accomplished nothing in this league. He has pretty passing numbers, but so what? It's time for him do a Brooks and grow up. It's time for him to spit out the pacifier.

I thought the problem was that he'd spat out the dummy? :confused:

NameUsedBefore
03-02-2009, 03:29 PM
If you actually listen to Cutler speak he's pretty calm. He's clearly riffed and disappointed, but he certainly isn't flying off the handle.

LRtagger
03-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Now we can sit and wait for 100 posts that suddenly discredit Gen Wojo and his writing.

I have hated this idiot for years. He is a blatant Bronco hater and Steeler fanboi. Maybe read this article before you give this idiot any credit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=3073788&sportCat=nfl

This is an article he wrote the day after the Broncos beat his beloved Steelers in 07. The guy is a flaming moron.

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 03:36 PM
I never said he deserved credit...just that I expected a flurry of hatred for him

LRtagger
03-02-2009, 04:03 PM
I never said he deserved credit...just that I expected a flurry of hatred for him

Maybe so, but FWIW I have hated this douchebag for years. It's a wonder ESPN still publishes his trash.

honz
03-02-2009, 05:02 PM
I don't care if he likes the Broncos or not. He is spot on with this article IMO. I understood that Jay was angry at first, but not talking to the Broncos' brass when they try to bring you in to talk things out definitely qualifies as acting like a baby.

Yeah, I know they hurt your feeling Jay, but at least go in and tell them that and that you don't appreciate being lied to...or whatever his story is. Right now he is basically saying "you guys hurt my feelings and I don't want to talk to you anymore".

Broncogator
03-02-2009, 05:08 PM
Adande just called him a cry baby on Around the Horn...

Medford Bronco
03-02-2009, 05:13 PM
I don't care if he likes the Broncos or not. He is spot on with this article IMO. I understood that Jay was angry at first, but not talking to the Broncos' brass when they try to bring you in to talk things out definitely qualifies as acting like a baby.

Yeah, I know they hurt your feeling Jay, but at least go in and tell them that and that you don't appreciate being lied to...or whatever his story is. Right now he is basically saying "you guys hurt my feelings and I don't want to talk to you anymore".

The same thing happened in Boston when the Red Sox wanted to trade Mike Lowell to fee up 3b to get Mark Texiera. Lowell took it in stride, said he was not happy but at least talked to management about it.

That is the difference between a seasoned veteran and a young player with unlimited potential but has not made good on it yet.

Yes baseball is not football but it is the same type of situation.

Jay time to grow up. come one more "flames" :target: for me

cutler was a part of why Shanny got fired as well and for those who did not see that must be watching a different game than I was against Car, Buffalo and SD. The defense sucked as well but the offense could have scored more vs Buffalo. 23 pts was not enough in a must win game

jrelway
03-02-2009, 05:18 PM
gene W. is a piece of crap anyways. cutler didnt pull an eli manning and try not to play for a team that drafted him. hell, he didnt even pull an elway. he felt betrayed and hurt so hes pissed off about it and needs some time. its only been a day lol.

getlynched47
03-02-2009, 05:25 PM
Can somebody email this article to Cutler.....

and also tell McDipShit that he's stupid if he wanted to trade Cutler for Cassel?

Thanks.....they are both at fault for all of this crap :coffee:

jrelway
03-02-2009, 05:27 PM
just heard, coming up on sportscenter @ 6pm ET, who would you rather have segment..cutler or cassel. lets see how many idiots choose cassel.

Medford Bronco
03-02-2009, 05:38 PM
just heard, coming up on sportscenter @ 6pm ET, who would you rather have segment..cutler or cassel. lets see how many idiots choose cassel.

Why idiots?

Its not who has a better arm
its about who is a better QB and so far from what we have seen one has a career 11-5 record and the other is 17-20

Also Cassel looked pathetic in last seasons preseason and was able to do quite well for himself while Cutler helped choke away a 3 game lead
by playing 3 pathetic games down the stretch highlighed by the loss vs a bad buffalo team at home. Yes the defense sucked but if our "great" offense was so great, then they score the pts needed vs a Buffalo team that they moved it for 450 plus yards

raw talent Cutler is better
brains Cassel is better

which would you rather have leading you, brains or Brawn?

I am ready to be thrown off the bridge as well now for this post :lol:

jrelway
03-02-2009, 05:41 PM
cassel played in a system that went almost undefeated the prior year. just see what he does in KC this year and get back to me. and how is cassel smarter than cutler? what do you base that on.

Medford Bronco
03-02-2009, 05:46 PM
cassel played in a system that went almost undefeated the prior year. just see what he does in KC this year and get back to me. and how is cassel smarter than cutler? what do you base that on.

thowing the ball into coverage? reading a defense
Cutler latches on to Marshall a lot and throws lots of picks doing so.

some is yes the defense sucked and if the team is better he should be better.

I am just basing this on what my eyes tell me.

Sorry I am not a Koolaid Cutler drinker. He needs to worry more about getting better than about his feelings or relationship with Rivers and not letting stuff die when it should.

I support him as a bronco but if we wants out and becomes a malcontent, I would do what is needed to move on.

sorry not the answer most here like

silkamilkamonico
03-02-2009, 05:49 PM

So, if Cassel is a "system QB", is Cutler, considering he played in the same system that made Brian Griese and jake PLummer Pro Bowlers?

32 teams in the NFl would LOVE to have a system QB. Their system.

Considering we are now running MCDaniels system, maybe Cassel would be the better QB.

topscribe
03-02-2009, 05:52 PM
So what "act" are we still talking about? What is Cutler still saying, and where
and how is he still saying it?

It seems to me that the people who are still talking are the media and we right
here on these message boards. We are the ones who are keeping this alive.

So what are we going to to? Keep railing and trashing Cutler, then blame him
for the railing and trashing we are giving him, calling it his act?

Stop the hypocrisy, please! :tsk:

And Wojciechowski and his kind can go play in the traffic, for all I care . . .

-----

Northman
03-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Well, at least Gene verified one thing with this article. That McDipshit and company were trying to trade Jay. So all the naysayers who were saying otherwise can crawl back into their holes now. So yea, Jay is a crybaby and McDipshit is a backstabbing POS.

TDforTD
03-02-2009, 07:21 PM
As if Cutler was the reason for the meltdown.

We had no run game and a pitiful defense.

BroncoWave
03-02-2009, 07:33 PM
So what "act" are we still talking about? What is Cutler still saying, and where

So what, we're not allowed to discuss his actions from the last 2 days today?

Yes, those are usually the people who discuss situations like this. Glad we could clear that one up!

No, we're still railing and trashing him for the quotes that HE made and the manner in which HE has been doing it. What, is there some sort statute of limitations for criticizing someone for something he said yesterday?

And yes, this is an "act" by Cutler that is troublesome. If you just look at each individual time Cutler has said something controversial to the press, none of them look that bad on their own, but when you look at his whole body of work in talking to the media, then yes, it is an "act" that is starting to wear thin.

I don't see how you don't see that he can't just keep undermining the team in public when they do something that he disagrees with.

Remove the Cutler fanboy glasses, please! :tsk:

Always classy, top! I'm sure daddy would be proud! :salute:

getlynched47
03-02-2009, 07:35 PM
So, if Cassel is a "system QB", is Cutler, considering he played in the same system that made Brian Griese and jake PLummer Pro Bowlers?

32 teams in the NFl would LOVE to have a system QB. Their system.

Considering we are now running MCDaniels system, maybe Cassel would be the better QB.

Cutler has greater skills than Plummer and Griese combined.....

So Cutler >>>>>>>>> Plummer + Griese + Cassel

:coffee:

BroncoWave
03-02-2009, 07:39 PM

Ryan Leaf also had better physical tools than Peyton Manning but he had a brain the size of a pea. Now I'm not putting Cutler in the same level of stupidity of Ryan Leaf but if he doesn't start maturing soon then he won't get that much better any time soon. Cassel is currently lightyears ahead of Cutler in the maturity department as far as I'm concerned.

turftoad
03-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Ryan Leaf also had better physical tools than Peyton Manning but he had a brain the size of a pea. Now I'm not putting Cutler in the same level of stupidity of Ryan Leaf but if he doesn't start maturing soon then he won't get that much better any time soon. Cassel is currently lightyears ahead of Cutler in the maturity department as far as I'm concerned.

They were trying to trade him behind his back. You'd be pissed off too.

BroncoWave
03-02-2009, 07:46 PM
They were trying to trade him behind his back. You'd be pissed off too.

This is a business. He has to be mature enough to realize that.

And I've said it a million times in the last few days, it's not his anger I have a problem with, it's the way he always likes to tell the media about his anger that bothers me.

getlynched47
03-02-2009, 07:46 PM

Maturity can be taught and learned with time.

Personally I'm not willing to give up one of the most exciting QB's in the NFL for a guy who is more mature than Cutler.

Cutler has the bigger arm, the better mobility, the better overall skillset....that stuff can not be taught.

Cutler will learn......hopefully it's sooner rather than later :salute:

BroncoWave
03-02-2009, 07:48 PM

Personally I'm not willing to give up one of the most exciting QB's in the NFL for a guy who is more mature than Cutler.

Cutler has the bigger arm, the better mobility, the better overall skillset....that stuff can not be taught.

I'm not giving up on him either. I hope he plays his whole career here, I'm just expressing the truth of the situation. I also believe that he CAN grow up, I'd just like for him to start showing it.

getlynched47
03-02-2009, 07:50 PM
I'm not giving up on him either. I hope he plays his whole career here, I'm just expressing the truth of the situation. I also believe that he CAN grow up, I'd just like for him to start showing it.

I agree with you here. This is reality. Cassel is definetly not the baby that Cutler acts like.......and Cutler really needs to take that foot out of his ass and get over McDipshit's stupid mistake. :salute:

Foochacho
03-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Cutler has the beetus he needs to get traded for that reason alone.

TDforTD
03-02-2009, 07:52 PM
when you're the franchise quarterback who put up 4,000 yards despite the lack of a run game and defense and you get this as a "thanks", i think cutler has a right to be mad.

honz
03-02-2009, 08:08 PM

-----

He doesn't have to say anything. The fact that he refuses to talk about this whole thing with McDaniels/Xanders/Bowlen speaks volumes by itself.

weazel
03-02-2009, 08:11 PM
gamechanger, Im wondering what you are thanking Marvin Harrison for? are you thanking him for not shooting YOU?

getlynched47
03-02-2009, 08:13 PM
when you're the franchise quarterback who put up 4,000 yards despite the lack of a run game and defense and you get this as a "thanks", i think cutler has a right to be mad.

Understood......but Cutler is going WAY overboard.

He could've kept the bitching to a minimum, but he prolonged it longer than it had to go. McDipShit made a mistake...Cutler has the right to be mad.....get over it Cutler.

Gamechanger
03-02-2009, 08:17 PM
gamechanger, Im wondering what you are thanking Marvin Harrison for? are you thanking him for not shooting YOU?

looks like you drunk the Mort and Gal Pal Kool-Aid too huh?

:tsk:

SDBroncos
03-02-2009, 08:17 PM
He doesn't have to say anything. The fact that he refuses to talk about this whole thing with McDaniels/Xanders/Bowlen speaks volumes by itself.

i think its actually a good sign he isnt talking. its giving him an opportunity to cool off and maybe not act on emotional impulse. I say give him as much time as he needs to cool off before talking to the office.

silkamilkamonico
03-02-2009, 08:27 PM

Awesome. JaMarcus Russell has skills too. Some say better than Cutler, specifically speaking arm strength.

You've just named Jamarcus Russell a better QB than Jay Cutler.

Mike Vick? Legendary! According to you anyways.

getlynched47
03-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Awesome. JaMarcus Russell has skills too. Some say better than Cutler, specifically speaking arm strength.

You've just named Jamarcus Russell a better QB than Jay Cutler.

Mike Vick? Legendary! According to you anyways.

Last time I checked.......Michael Vick or JaMarcus Russell didnt carry their team on their backs without a Running game or defense. Last time I checked....Russell and Vick have never thrown for 4,000 yards....last time I checked.......Michael Vick was in jail and JaMarcus Russell is with the Raiders...

FAIL :coffee:

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 08:35 PM
Last time I checked.......Michael Vick or JaMarcus Russell didnt carry their team on their backs without a Running game or defense. Last time I checked....Russell and Vick have never thrown for 4,000 yards....last time I checked.......Michael Vick was in jail and JaMarcus Russell is with the Raiders...

While I got your back on this one.

Michael Vick has played in the playoffs, won road games in the playoffs and has even played in a NFC Championship game.

getlynched47
03-02-2009, 08:37 PM
While I got your back on this one.

Michael Vick has played in the playoffs, won road games in the playoffs and has even played in a NFC Championship game.

But Michael Vick did not have to carry his team with a Middle-school football team defense and an injury bug that stung every single Runningback the Broncos had.....

If you get Cutler a defense better than 20 and a consistant running game, expect much better results, such as playoffs my man :salute:

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 08:41 PM
But Michael Vick did not have to carry his team with a Middle-school football team defense and an injury bug that stung every single Runningback the Broncos had.....

If you get Cutler a defense better than 20 and a consistant running game, expect much better results, such as playoffs my man :salute:

Like I said...

*Roadtrip*No I got it...

You know, because its YOUR Dog...

oh snap...I forgot about the dog reference. My condolences Mr. Vick.

getlynched47
03-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Like I said...

*Roadtrip*No I got it...

You know, because its YOUR Dog...

oh snap...I forgot about the dog reference. My condolences Mr. Vick.

:laugh:

lol good stuff :salute:

silkamilkamonico
03-02-2009, 08:55 PM

Garbage. No running game? How about #2 in the NFL in yards per carry?

Keep in mind, when the defense was doing it's job against teams like Miami and KC, the offense came out and put up goose eggs.

So there goes both of those theories.

getlynched47
03-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Garbage. No running game? How about #2 in the NFL in yards per carry?

Keep in mind, when the defense was doing it's job against teams like Miami and KC, the offense came out and put up goose eggs.

So there goes both of those theories.

sorry, let me rephrase...........a CONSISTANT running game....you know...a runningback that actually cracks 700+ rushing yards...the good ol' Denver days.

topscribe
03-02-2009, 09:04 PM
So what, we're not allowed to discuss his actions from the last 2 days today?

Yes, those are usually the people who discuss situations like this. Glad we could clear that one up!

No, we're still railing and trashing him for the quotes that HE made and the manner in which HE has been doing it. What, is there some sort statute of limitations for criticizing someone for something he said yesterday?

And yes, this is an "act" by Cutler that is troublesome. If you just look at each individual time Cutler has said something controversial to the press, none of them look that bad on their own, but when you look at his whole body of work in talking to the media, then yes, it is an "act" that is starting to wear thin.

I don't see how you don't see that he can't just keep undermining the team in public when they do something that he disagrees with.

Remove the Cutler fanboy glasses, please! :tsk:

Always classy, top! I'm sure daddy would be proud! :salute:

Oh goody goody!! Now we are going the kiddie route by carving up the quotes
and using them to make personal dispersions. Can I hear from an adult now?

-----

silkamilkamonico
03-02-2009, 09:05 PM
sorry, let me rephrase...........a CONSISTANT running game....you know...a runningback that actually cracks 700+ rushing yards...the good ol' Denver days.

Cutler had more than enough of a run game to take pressure off him. Perhaps if he wasn't trying to force the ball into Brandon Marshall early and often, we would have beat teams like KC and Miami, and not even having this debate.

topscribe
03-02-2009, 09:06 PM

Maybe he is just cooling down for a while. I can't believe those of you who
think they know how Cutler should behave. As if you have been in his shoes . . .

-----

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 09:07 PM
think they know how Cutler should behave. As if you have been in his shoes . . .

-----

How many of us have been the coach of the Denver Broncos?

Goes both ways.

Tow the company line. If you've got a problem, phone home.

Rex
03-02-2009, 09:08 PM
How many of us have been the coach of the Denver Broncos?

Goes both ways.

Tow the company line. If you've got a problem, phone home.

Toe.

Not Tow.

Toe.

Dumb Midget.

getlynched47
03-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Cutler had more than enough of a run game to take pressure off him. Perhaps if he wasn't trying to force the ball into Brandon Marshall early and often, we would have beat teams like KC and Miami, and not even having this debate.

When the play caller defers from running the ball when its effective (vs. Oakland is a perfect example) then Jay Cutler is forced to throw the ball 40-50 times per game...and if you throw that many times, there's bound to be Interceptions.

His defense never helped him out...he's had to play from behind or without a significant lead most of his career...

Jay Cutler is not the man to blame for our 7-9 and 8-8 season. Yes he carries a little burden........but most of it falls on the defense.

You will see....Matt Cassel is going to fail in Kansas City because he doesnt have a consistant running game or middle-of-the-pack defense like he had in New England.

A consistant running game and a good defense makes a Quarterback look that much better.

silkamilkamonico
03-02-2009, 09:09 PM

-----

With all due respect Tops, anyone that's been involved in sports for any length of time knows that you don't behave by lashing out through the media.

That's a great start to getting everybody pi$$ed off at you. I'm sure his defense didn't appreciate the cheap shot he took at them after the SD game, Even though he was right, you never approach the situation like that.

silkamilkamonico
03-02-2009, 09:10 PM
His defense never helped him out...he's had to play from behind or without a significant lead most of his career...

Again, where was Cutler when the defense was doing their job against Miami and KC? You still haven't answered that one.

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Toe.

Not Tow.

Toe.

Dumb Midget.

Really?

You sure about that?

I hope the Viagra gets there soon.

getlynched47
03-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Again, where was Cutler when the defense was doing their job against Miami and KC? You still haven't answered that one.

:laugh: the defense didnt do its job vs. Kansas City and Miami...

they still allowed Greg Camarillo to go over 100 yards receiving vs. Miami.....and Kansas City are you serious????? Larry Johnson torched us for nearly 200 yards rushing.....

Foochacho
03-02-2009, 09:12 PM

Carry them to what no post season? Damn I am glad he carried us through those last three games or else it would of been embarrassing.

Foochacho
03-02-2009, 09:14 PM

-----

I haven't been in his shoes but I'm not a little bitch so I know I wouldn't act like him.

getlynched47
03-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Carry them to what no post season? Damn I am glad he carried us through those last three games or else it would of been embarrassing.

This is the epitomy of an ignorant post.

If we would've had some scrub QB like Rex Grossman or Patrick Ramsey.....you could kiss our 8-8 season goodbye and a top 5 draft pick hello...

Let's put the entire weight of the Denver Broncos on your shoulders and see if YOU get tired. Jay Cutler wore down in those last 3 games of the season....the defense didn't help out either.....and we had PJ freakin Pope and Tatum Bell running the ball :rolleyes:

topscribe
03-02-2009, 09:16 PM
With all due respect Tops, anyone that's been involved in sports for any length of time knows that you don't behave by lashing out through the media.

That's a great start to getting everybody pi$$ed off at you. I'm sure his defense didn't appreciate the cheap shot he took at them after the SD game, Even though he was right, you never approach the situation like that.

And anyone who tells it like it is, tells it like it is. I admire that. (Maybe it
reminds me of me?)

Get used to it. He's not about to change. If you want a public relations expert,
refer to politics or the sales department. Cuter is a quarterback. He's paid to
play the quarterback position. If he can just pass for 4,500 yards and go to
the Pro Bowl, then he has done his job. If the defense doesn't like what he
says, then they can do something about it:

Play better . . .

-----

topscribe
03-02-2009, 09:17 PM
I haven't been in his shoes but I'm not a little bitch so I know I wouldn't act like him.

I already like him better . . .

-----

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 09:18 PM
And anyone who tells it like it is, tells it like it is. I admire that. (Maybe it
reminds me of me?)

Get used to it. He's not about to change. If you want a public relations expert,

Play better . . .

-----

Then he can play better somewhere else.

topscribe
03-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Then he can play better somewhere else.

Or you can root for someone else.

I like him right here, just fine . . .

-----

silkamilkamonico
03-02-2009, 09:20 PM
:laugh: the defense didnt do its job vs. Kansas City and Miami...

they still allowed Greg Camarillo to go over 100 yards receiving vs. Miami.....and Kansas City are you serious????? Larry Johnson torched us for nearly 200 yards rushing.....

Fail.

Against KC, when the offense was in prime position by turning the ball over and going 3 and out, the defense gave up 3 points in the first half. The other 10 points? A FG after Denver gave up the ball at KC's 48, and a TD after Denver gave up the ball at the 2.

Denver's offense was responsible for more points than KC's defense through the first 3 quarters.

You obviously didn't watch that game.

Against Miami, Denver was down 16-6 at halftime. 6 points came from Denver TO's at midfield, and another 7 came from Cutler throwing an int returned for TD(Doh!! Somebody tell Cutler you wanna throw TD's for your team, Not the other team!!). Denver's only TD came from a 79 yard punt return to Miami's 13.

You obviously didn't watch that game either.

Foochacho
03-02-2009, 09:21 PM
You act like cutler carried us to something great an 8-8 record is not great. Other qb's have had to deal with shitty defenses cutler is not the first one. What has cutler done to be trated like a god? Throw for 4500 yards, big deal he is throwing the ball 40-50 times a game he better have some yards to show for it. I will start treating cutler like a god when he can actually hit a reciever in stride and not over throw them when they are wide open 30 yards down the field. As of now he is a unproven whiny bitch with potential.

silkamilkamonico
03-02-2009, 09:22 PM
reminds me of me?)

Play better . . .

-----

You like people telling it like it is even if it's at the expense of a teammate or an employer?

Maybe McDaniels should have told it like it is, and said "hey, I just want someone who isn't going to keep turning the ball over..."

I don't buy that theory. Why? Because nobody in this world is perfect, and therefor accredited to "tell it like it is".

topscribe
03-02-2009, 09:24 PM
You like people telling it like it is even if it's at the expense of a teammate or an employer?

Maybe McDaniels should have told it like it is, and said "hey, I just want someone who isn't going to keep turning the ball over..."

I don't buy that theory. Why? Because nobody in this world is perfect, and therefor accredited to "tell it like it is".

If you insist on exaggerating, then we have nothing further to talk about.

-----

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Or you can root for someone else.

I like him right here, just fine . . .

-----

Because I think Cutler is in the wrong I should root for someone else?

I like that. Telling people to grow up, and then offering up a line like that. Nice.

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 09:26 PM

-----

Wow.

"I'm right. I know I'm right. Everyone else is wrong if they disagree."

Awesome analysis.

getlynched47
03-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Fail.

Against KC, when the offense was in prime position by turning the ball over and going 3 and out, the defense gave up 3 points in the first half. The other 10 points? A FG after Denver gave up the ball at KC's 48, and a TD after Denver gave up the ball at the 2.

Denver's offense was responsible for more points than KC's defense through the first 3 quarters.

You obviously didn't watch that game.

Against Miami, Denver was down 16-6 at halftime. 6 points came from Denver TO's at midfield, and another 7 came from Cutler throwing an int returned for TD(Doh!! Somebody tell Cutler you wanna throw TD's for your team, Not the other team!!). Denver's only TD came from a 79 yard punt return to Miami's 13.

You obviously didn't watch that game either.

Yes I watched the game. Why are you ignoring the fact that Larry Johnson rushed for 198 yards? Or that Dewayne Bowe had 85 yards receiving? Or that our leading rusher was Selvin Young with a measly 49 yards rushing? I'm not saying Cutler is perfect.......yes he threw 2 stupid Interceptions...but he wasnt the sole reason for that loss.

Now vs. Miami.....Cutler carries a lot of the burden with his 3 Interceptions...but where was our running game? Our leading rusher was Andre Hall with 7 yards rushing...I repeat......7 YARDS RUSHING!! On the defensive side, they let Greg Camarillo have 111 receiving yards and Ronnie Brown had 60 yards rushing.

With the lack of rushing consistancy and a horrible defense.......Matt Cassel would not get us to half the wins we had with Jay Cutler.

silkamilkamonico

-----

Exaggerating what?

Yo mean to tell me he did not throw the defense under the bus against SD? He "told it like it was, didn't he"?

I will say this. I'm getting the assumption that you think it's ok for Jay to handle it the way he did. And the negative limelight that's going on here is centered around Jay's comments to the media, NOT McDaniels.

If that's true, then you're apparently ok with Cutler shedding a negative image on the Bronco organization.

I would have never expected that from you Tops.

BroncoWave
Oh goody goody!! Now we are going the kiddie route by carving up the quotes
and using them to make personal dispersions. Can I hear from an adult now?

-----

Coming from someone who wishes for people who disagree with him to go play in traffic.

And you call us the hypocrites.

Classic top, classic!

getlynched47
03-02-2009, 09:30 PM
You act like cutler carried us to something great an 8-8 record is not great. Other qb's have had to deal with shitty defenses cutler is not the first one. What has cutler done to be trated like a god? Throw for 4500 yards, big deal he is throwing the ball 40-50 times a game he better have some yards to show for it. I will start treating cutler like a god when he can actually hit a reciever in stride and not over throw them when they are wide open 30 yards down the field. As of now he is a unproven whiny bitch with potential.

Cutler is NOT Peyton Manning :coffee:

nobody is treating Cutler like a god......but what I am arguing is that he is much better than Matt Cassel......

Only SUPREME QB's can lead their team with an inconsistant rushing attack and horrible defense to the playoffs......

With a middle-of-the-pack defense and a consistant running game...Cutler can and will get us to the Playoffs...

silkamilkamonico
03-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Yes I watched the game. Why are you ignoring the fact that Larry Johnson rushed for 198 yards? Or that Dewayne Bowe had 85 yards receiving? Or that our leading rusher was Selvin Young with a measly 49 yards rushing? I'm not saying Cutler is perfect.......yes he threw 2 stupid Interceptions...but he wasnt the sole reason for that loss.

Stats are almost irrelevant. You don't need to look past the DEnver offense to understand that.

Now vs. Miami.....Cutler carries a lot of the burden with his 3 Interceptions...but where was our running game? Our leading rusher was Andre Hall with 7 yards rushing...I repeat......7 YARDS RUSHING!! On the defensive side, they let Greg Camarillo have 111 receiving yards and Ronnie Brown had 60 yards rushing.

Again. The defense gave us every opportunity to win that game. Remember, you're the one that stated Jay Cutler "carried" this team. I'm simply pointing out he didn't always carry us.

With the lack of rushing consistancy and a horrible defense.......Matt Cassel would not get us to half the wins we had with Jay Cutler.

That's pure assumption, and not even worth getting into a debate over.

topscribe
03-02-2009, 09:33 PM
Coming from someone who wishes for people who disagree with him to go play in traffic.

And you call us the hypocrites.

Classic top, classic!

Do you have something to talk about besides me? That has been your M.O.
ever since I first saw you on the boards. Do you have something intelligent to
say about the TOPIC of this thread, or is that beyond your capabilities?

:focus:

-----

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Do you have something to talk about besides me? That has been your M.O.
ever since I first saw you on the boards. Do you have something intelligent to
say about the TOPIC of this thread, or is that beyond your capabilities?

-----

Considering you telling me to go root for someone else, I haven't seen a whole lot of intelligence out of you tonight either.

So...you got something...can you handle someone disagreeing with you? Can you handle someone thinking Cutler is in the wrong? If not...thanks for participating.

topscribe
Exaggerating what?

Yo mean to tell me he did not throw the defense under the bus against SD? He "told it like it was, didn't he"?

I will say this. I'm getting the assumption that you think it's ok for Jay to handle it the way he did. And the negative limelight that's going on here is centered around Jay's comments to the media, NOT McDaniels.

If that's true, then you're apparently ok with Cutler shedding a negative image on the Bronco organization.

I would have never expected that from you Tops.

I'm saying you don't know the whole damned story.

Is that so hard for you to understand?

And you better expect integrity from me. That is all you're going to get. No
matter how much it makes people attack me.

-----

Foochacho
He can and will lead us to the playoffs if he quits being a bitch. Getting pissed over trade talks is retarded it happens all the time. If he is going to cry to the media everytime someone pisses him off he needs to ****. Screw him if he can't act like a man.

Lonestar
03-02-2009, 09:36 PM
OK folks getting a little more personal in here than it needs to be.. lets get:

And out of each others faces..

silkamilkamonico
03-02-2009, 09:45 PM
I'm saying you don't know the whole damned story.

Is that so hard for you to understand?

-----

You're right. Just like you don't know the entire story with McDaniels.

BroncoJoe
03-02-2009, 10:25 PM
At this point, I could care less if Cutler is here or gone. We're embarking on a new era in Broncos Land, and I'm looking forward to the ride. I really like Cutler's potential, but the kid hasn't been a winning QB since High School. I don't like his attitude, and think he forgets who signs his paychecks.

I hold no allegiance to Cutler or anyone else. Just the Broncos.

Lonestar
03-02-2009, 10:26 PM
At this point, I could care less if Cutler is here or gone. We're embarking on a new era in Broncos Land, and I'm looking forward to the ride. I really like Cutler's potential, but the kid hasn't been a winning QB since High School. I don't like his attitude, and think he forgets who signs his paychecks.

I hold no allegiance to Cutler or anyone else. Just the Broncos.

or you name would be cutler joe or mickey joe.. good job in picking the name..:D

BroncoJoe
03-02-2009, 10:28 PM
or you name would be cutler joe or mickey joe.. good job in picking the name..:D

:D

Guys like Elway who play for one team their entire career are few and far between. I've always said, players come and go, I'm a Broncos fan first.

Lonestar
03-02-2009, 10:32 PM
:D

Guys like Elway who play for one team their entire career are few and far between. I've always said, players come and go, I'm a Broncos fan first.

As have I since SEP 1960 actually a bit before that but being at the first game setting in the south stands cemented it.. was right behind the goal post about 12 rows from the eh bottom.. got my hands on 5 or 6 balls form PAT's and FG's back then. They came by and collected them.. It was before anyone was smart enough to put up a screen..

Simple Jaded
03-02-2009, 10:35 PM
This is standard operating procedure, next the team will move Cutler and it will be all his fault, textbook.......

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 10:36 PM
This is standard operating procedure, next the team will move Cutler and it will be all his fault, textbook.......

Conduct detrimental to the team.

So, yeah. It will be his fault.

Shut your mouth. Play by the rules, or hit the road.

turftoad
03-02-2009, 10:39 PM

So......... you're blamming all of this on Jay?

The FO did everything text book with this sitch??

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 10:45 PM
So......... you're blamming all of this on Jay?

The FO did everything text book with this sitch??

I didn't say that.

But they are in charge. Period. End of story.

Shut the hell up. Talk to your employers only. Then make a statement.

turftoad
03-02-2009, 10:48 PM
I didn't say that.

But they are in charge. Period. End of story.

Shut the hell up. Talk to your employers only. Then make a statement.

Well, I think Jays know a hell of a lot more about this than we do. He thinks they lied to him, so do I. For someone to come into an organization and do something like that behind a franchise QB's back isn't going to go over very well, no matter who it is.
If I were Jay, I'd be pissed too.

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Well, I think Jays know a hell of a lot more about this than we do. He thinks they lied to him, so do I. For someone to come into an organization and do something like that behind a franchise QB's back isn't going to go over very well, no matter who it is.

Then trade him.

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Look, I don't want Cutler to go, but the bottom line, and the bottom line in most of our lives is that we have a boss, and what that boss says, goes, whether we like it or not. Just because he makes a million dollars, doesn't make it OK for him to go spouting his mouth and questioning what his boss does. His sense of entitlement apparently allows him to think he can do that, and frankly, that's just what's wrong here. He feels entitled to something. And he's not.

If he can't get in line. If he won't accept that this is a TEAM, and that speaking out like this won't be accepted, then its time for him to go. And I really hate that. Jeff George, get out of town.

broncohead
03-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Then trade him.

A good idea would be to trade a franchise QB that would take a few years to replace and set this team back few years. Great idea...

broncohead
03-02-2009, 10:54 PM
Look, I don't want Cutler to go, but the bottom line, and the bottom line in most of our lives is that we have a boss, and what that boss says, goes, whether we like it or not. Just because he makes a million dollars, doesn't make it OK for him to go spouting his mouth and questioning what his boss does. His sense of entitlement apparently allows him to think he can do that, and frankly, that's just what's wrong here. He feels entitled to something. And he's not.

If he can't get in line. If he won't accept that this is a TEAM, and that speaking out like this won't be accepted, then its time for him to go. And I really hate that. Jeff George, get out of town.

But it's about him not being apart of the team. That's the whole problem and that's what he is upset about.

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 10:55 PM
A good idea would be to trade a franchise QB that would take a few years to replace and set this team back few years. Great idea...

It's not a great idea, but if he forces the issue, there's not much we can do about that.

What's done is done. We said no to a trade proposal. Two of them actually. He's crying about us HOLDING ON TO HIM!

If he says he can't play here, he can't play here. Get in line, or get out of town. It's typical Belichick, and what I expect out of McDaniels. And, personally, I don't have a problem with it.

MOtorboat
But it's about him not being apart of the team. That's the whole problem and that's what he is upset about.

Then maybe he should have called Dove Valley before spouting his mouth.

turftoad

Thats the point Mo. He feels like they don't want him to be part of the team. Hell, I wouldn't either. They pretty much shit on him. He deseves better than that, period.
They tried to replace him with Cassell, and................ Cassell is no Cutler, pretty much everyone knows that except for McBozo.

turftoad
03-02-2009, 10:57 PM
Then trade him.

They tried. If it would have worked out sooner, it would have been done. Then what, Cassell, uhg.........

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 10:59 PM
They tried. If it would have worked out sooner, it would have been done. Then what, Cassell, uhg.........

When are people going to realize that if ANY of this is true, that Belichick turned down a first round pick in favor of a second round pick?

How ******* absurd is that? That's what's being reported. That's what Cutler is upset about. It's absurd.

Lonestar
03-02-2009, 11:00 PM

But until he knows for sure it behooves him to keep his trap shut..

NO BODY was in that room other than our front office folks and TPA and DET's I have yet to here anything from any of them saying what happened..

IF he can prove it and not listen to someone with a vested interest in stirring up crap then bitch scream all he wants then it might be justified till then shut the hell up and talk to those WHO KNOW.. Mc Kid, Xander and Pat..

turftoad
03-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Then maybe he should have called Dove Valley before spouting his mouth.

Maybe McBozo and the X man should have let him know what the haps were instead of doing it behind his back.

This whole thing is about trying to get McBozo's man, period. He hasn't even seen Cutlet throw a ball in practice yet. He hasn't spent enough time to know if Jay can run HIS system or not.
Man, we thought Shanny had an ego. I think we may be in worse shape right now. :tsk:

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 11:02 PM
Maybe McBozo and the X man should have let him know what the haps were instead of doing it behind his back.

This whole thing is about trying to get McBozo's man, period. He hasn't even seen Cutlet throw a ball in practice yet. He hasn't spent enough time to know if Jay can run HIS system or not.
Man, we thought Shanny had an ego. I think we may be in worse shape right now. :tsk:

It wasn't behind his back. Ugh...the utter cluelessness.

It's a freakin' business. The Broncos don't have to call him or his agent every time someone calls them and asks about a trade. It's utterly preposterous that they would even think about doing so.

broncohead
03-02-2009, 11:05 PM

It's a freakin' business. The Broncos don't have to call him or his agent every time someone calls them and asks about a trade. It's utterly preposterous that they would even think about doing so.

If the Broncos knew what was good for buisiness then they wouldn't have tried to trade him.

turftoad
03-02-2009, 11:07 PM
But until he knows for sure it behooves him to keep his trap shut..

NO BODY was in that room other than our front office folks and TPA and DET's I have yet to here anything from any of them saying what happened..

IF he can prove it and not listen to someone with a vested interest in stirring up crap then bitch scream all he wants then it might be justified till then shut the hell up and talk to those WHO KNOW.. Mc Kid, Xander and Pat..

Like I said before. I'm sure he knows a hell of a lot more about this than we and the reporters do.
I mean, he does work there. He does have more insight. I'm pretty sure if he felt they were just fielding calls and not initiating them he would feel different about this.
I'm giving Jay the benefit of the doubt before giving it to someone we barley know anything about.
Especially when your talking about a QB that was McBozo's man in NE. It's kind of being blind folded to not think this could not be happening.

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 11:07 PM
If the Broncos knew what was good for buisiness then they wouldn't have tried to trade him.

We don't know that they did.

Again...if we "tried to trade him" that would mean the Belichick nixed a deal for a first round and accepted a deal for a second rounder.

Stop. Think. Ask yourself whether that's plausible.

Then get back to me.

turftoad
03-02-2009, 11:11 PM

I agree, but not when it's the face of the team like your franchize QB.

But.........

How about when the Broncos do the calling and initiating?

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 11:18 PM
I agree, but not when it's the face of the team like your franchize QB.

But.........

How about when the Broncos do the calling and initiating?

Even if they did they didn't find anything out there that made the deal happen.

GMs are on the phone, every day of the year, 24-7, 365, fielding trade calls, or proposing them, and players just shouldn't get their panties in a bunch over it. Period.

turftoad
03-02-2009, 11:20 PM

GMs are on the phone, every day of the year, 24-7, 365, fielding trade calls, or proposing them, and players just shouldn't get their panties in a bunch over it. Period.

I'm sure we'll find out what really happened in the near future.

I can tell you one thing. I'm not alone in thinking that we'll be pissed off if McBozo did really initiate calls to replace Cutler with Cassell.

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 11:22 PM
I'm sure we'll find out what really happened in the near future.

I can tell you one thing. I'm not alone in thinking that I'll be pissed off if McB

And we may not.

The bottom line is, whether he likes it or not, Jay Cutler needs to learn who's his boss.

If he gets some random phone call from a reporter, he needs to "no comment," call the organization, fly to Denver, whatever the hell he needs to do, and find out the story behind closed doors.

And you know what, if that means they were open to trade talks, he needs to man up and deal with it.

atwater27
03-02-2009, 11:23 PM
Cutlerhate is wearing thin.

TXBRONC
03-02-2009, 11:25 PM

Ok but doubt they're not going to waste their valuable time inquiring about a player unless they have reason to believe that player can be had.

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 11:28 PM
Cutlerhate is wearing thin.

Well, bottom line is he's the employee, not the employer. Period.

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 11:30 PM
Ok but doubt they're not going to waste their valuable time inquiring about a player unless they have reason to believe that player can be had.

Simple logic. McDaniels led the kid last year and he's taking over a team with a stud quarterback, let's contact him and see if we could finagle a deal where we get Cutler...

If this was somehow out of the blue, then I might understand, but this is McDaniels and what is perceived to be "his guy."

turftoad
03-02-2009, 11:33 PM
And we may not.

The bottom line is, whether he likes it or not, Jay Cutler needs to learn who's his boss.

If he gets some random phone call from a reporter, he needs to "no comment," call the organization, fly to Denver, whatever the hell he needs to do, and find out the story behind closed doors.

And you know what, if that means they were open to trade talks, he needs to man up and deal with it.

And it's that easy to think they would deal you (4000 yrd passer and Pro Bowler) for a one year wonder right. Wouldn't make you feel real wanted or comfortable, I know that much.

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 11:35 PM
And it's that easy to think they would deal you (4000 yrd passer and Pro Bowler) for a one year wonder right. Wouldn't make you feel real wanted or comfortable, I know that much.

And, frankly, that's not really the Broncos problem. The fact of the matter is, it didn't happen.

turftoad
03-02-2009, 11:38 PM

And a damn good employee thats given everything he's had to the organization.
Good luck to us finding one of his caliber if we lose him.

TXBRONC
03-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Simple logic. McDaniels led the kid last year and he's taking over a team with a stud quarterback, let's contact him and see if we could finagle a deal where we get Cutler...

If this was somehow out of the blue, then I might understand, but this is McDaniels and what is perceived to be "his guy."

Maybe but I don't think so.

lex
03-02-2009, 11:42 PM

Actually, so is McDaniels...just like Dan Reeves was.

TXBRONC
03-02-2009, 11:42 PM

It took 23 years for Denver to get its first legitmate franchise quarterback and after he was retired it took 7 years to get the next one.

lex
03-02-2009, 11:44 PM
And, frankly, that's not really the Broncos problem. The fact of the matter is, it didn't happen.

It doesnt matter if it didnt happen. Just like it doesnt matter what the FOs explanation is. Most people arent drinking the Koolaid. What does matter is that now McDaniels is someone who cant be trusted.

turftoad
03-02-2009, 11:45 PM
It took 23 years for Denver to get its first legitmate franchise quarterback and after he was retired it took 7 years to get the next one.

Exactly. To bad McBozo and his supporters don't understand that.

BTW, I don't think Cassel is one either. I don't think he could hold Jays jock.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-02-2009, 11:49 PM
For those who have not watched this video - check it out - neither TD or Warren Sapp blame Jay.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34325

Gamechanger
03-02-2009, 11:50 PM
bottom line....Jay was blackballed in a way

but because he's just a "member of the team" he deserved it

bollucks

horsepig
03-02-2009, 11:54 PM
The problem here seems to be one of communication. McD doesn't seem willing to call and Jay's cell doesn't ever seem to be working. Something's gotta give and, it should be Cutler.

McD. is, after all, the HC. Jay is secretred away in someplace far, far, from Denver and should really be right here while this BS plays out.

Lonestar
03-02-2009, 11:57 PM
Like I said before. I'm sure he knows a hell of a lot more about this than we and the reporters do.
I mean, he does work there. He does have more insight. I'm pretty sure if he felt they were just fielding calls and not initiating them he would feel different about this.
I'm giving Jay the benefit of the doubt before giving it to someone we barley know anything about.
Especially when your talking about a QB that was McBozo's man in NE. It's kind of being blind folded to not think this could not be happening.

I have no Doubt they received calls about the trade and frankly if I were him I'd have tired to make it.. Having a quality QB that knows the system along with a great OLINE and receiving set and IMO a great RB in Hillis and whoever else they bring on board this Offense could rock..

With Jay it is a, maybe IF he wants to do it.. What he has not figured out yet he is learning a new offense ONE Way or the other..

Hell I would not even care IF Mc Kid called a few other teams.. which I doubt since unless he could get Cassell who is custom made for his O why bother making the change.... Unless it was Mc Babies attitude that was picked up by the FO and at that point they indeed were, how did Jay put it "seemed funny to him about something"..

Look, just like not knowing who made the calls on draftees or who was totally in charge or what was or was not said to Jay/Jake in their sagas..

We may NEVER know the real truth.

Not that it, matters cause 50% of the members here hate Mc Kid because he took mikeys spot.. and he is changing the way they are used to a coach should be.. it will take 4 consecutive Superbowl wins to change some folks over.. and some will never like him..

Northman
03-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Not that it, matters cause 50% of the members here hate Mc Kid because he took mikeys spot.. and he is changing the way they are used to a coach should be.. it will take 4 consecutive Superbowl wins to change some folks over.. and some will never like him..

:lol:

Lonestar
03-03-2009, 12:00 AM

On this we will have to agree to disagree..

So far he has done nothing but earned himself alot of extra money in incentives.. beyond that he has not WON (for many reasons) and frankly quality caliber QB's are judged on W-L records..

Lonestar
03-03-2009, 12:04 AM
The problem here seems to be one of communication. McD doesn't seem willing to call and Jay's cell doesn't ever seem to be working. Something's gotta give and, it should be Cutler.

McD. is, after all, the HC. Jay is secretred away in someplace far, far, from Denver and should really be right here while this BS plays out.

something alot of fans do not seem to get..

The boss makes the rules and the contracted employee deals with it..

that is how it works in every company Worked for or dealt with..

lex
03-03-2009, 12:11 AM
something alot of fans do not seem to get..

The boss makes the rules and the contracted employee deals with it..

that is how it works in every company Worked for or dealt with..

Just for starters to show how laughable your real world comparison is, how much does Jay make per year? How much does Josh McDaniels make per year?

Lonestar
03-03-2009, 12:21 AM
Just for starters to show how laughable your real world comparison is, how much does Jay make per year? How much does Josh McDaniels make per year?

and apples are green yellow and red vs. oranges are orange.

who the fly cares.. what they make in salary..

they have different jobs.. in case you did not notice..

lex
03-03-2009, 12:23 AM
and apples are green yellow and red vs. oranges are orange.

who the fly cares.. what they make in salary..

they have different jobs.. in case you did not notice..

You compared an NFL team to every company. LOL

TXBRONC
03-03-2009, 12:24 AM
:lol:

Don't you just love the irony of Jr's statement? :pound:

ApaOps5
03-03-2009, 12:24 AM
Cutler is a petulant child.

Northman
03-03-2009, 12:26 AM
Don't you just love the irony of Jr's statement? :pound:

Yep. Hypocrisy 101.

TXBRONC
03-03-2009, 12:43 AM
Yep. Hypocrisy 101.

:tsk:

Medford Bronco
03-03-2009, 12:50 AM

The Buffalo game still pisses me off. The pick at the one yard line and not getting a TD when 1st and 10 from inside the 15

but the turnovers are okay with some here.

Excuses and more excuses for Cutler

I am so sick of hearing about his pro bowl season when
Rivers and Cassell clearly outplayed him. He sucked down the stretch

Too many excuses for him really.

Its time for him to man up and lead this team or
play elswhere.

Northman
03-03-2009, 12:53 AM
Yea, Jay Cutler is the anti-christ. Some of you guys just blow my mind sometimes. lmao

Shazam!
03-03-2009, 01:11 AM
...and you think McDaniels is the anti-Christ. It evens out.

Northman
03-03-2009, 01:13 AM
...and you think McDaniels is the anti-Christ. It evens out.

Nah, McD is from Patriot land. He is my God. He's already delivered 4 trophies to us. Im happy as a clam Shazam! Hey, that rhymed. :D

atwater27
03-03-2009, 09:07 AM

Hey, guess what. In your brownnosing the boss rants, have you considered that McDumbass is also an employee, not the employer? Thanks for playing.

atwater27
03-03-2009, 09:09 AM
On this we will have to agree to disagree..

So far he has done nothing but earned himself alot of extra money in incentives.. beyond that he has not WON (for many reasons) and frankly quality caliber QB's are judged on W-L records..

DEFENSE. Come on now.

broncohead
03-03-2009, 09:33 AM
We don't know that they did.

Again...if we "tried to trade him" that would mean the Belichick nixed a deal for a first round and accepted a deal for a second rounder.

Stop. Think. Ask yourself whether that's plausible.

Then get back to me.

Acctually it is because Bowlen or Xanders could have put their foot down. You do know there are more then 1 person in the FO that can make trades right?

CoachChaz
03-03-2009, 09:55 AM
I have a hard time believing McDaniels put together a trade package for the messiah quarterback on his own before discussing it with the owner and the GM.

Kaylore
03-03-2009, 10:09 AM
The front office and McDaniels made a rookie error on this one. They had to know there would be some fallout for discussing this, but they miscalculated severely and they have a small controversy on their hands.

Jay has a right to be upset, but he has no right to go to the media and throw tantrums. He asked for a trade when they fired Bates. He has no right to do that. He's under contract and the team owns his rights through the end of that. They have every right to discuss trading him. What's funny is if this was baseball it would be no big deal because those guys are traded like Pokemon characters and it's part of the business.

I think Jay and a lot of the team were coddled under Shanahan and under McDaniels there will be no one who is more special than anyone else on the team. That's the way it should be. If Jay doesn't want to buy into the concept that he isn't bigger than the team then we should trade him.

ApaOps5
03-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Excellent post Kaylore.

Traveler
03-03-2009, 12:49 PM
Guess the Cutler honeymoon is offically over, huh? But Kaylore is right. No one is bigger than the team. If it takes trading Jay, then so be it.

I've noticed the last couple of days that most fans negativity is now mostly directed towards Jay. Maybe he's noticed too and will quit this dumbass pouting and try to air things out with McD.

That said, I'd like to see how well someone with Cutler's physical gifts would do in a NE type offense. Brady is limited physically. Look what he accomplished.

ApaOps5
03-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Guess the Cutler honeymoon is offically over, huh? But Kaylore is right. No one is bigger than the team. If it takes trading Jay, then so be it.

I've noticed the last couple of days that most fans negativity is now mostly directed towards Jay. Maybe he's noticed too and will quit this dumbass pouting and try to air things out with McD.

That said, I'd like to see how well someone with Cutler's physical gifts would do in a NE type offense. Brady is limited physically. Look what he accomplished.

Both sides are to blame in this. The problem is the team has reached out and he continues to say he won't be talking to them anytime soon. So it looks like one is trying to be mature and work it out and the other is being a baby.

Simple Jaded
03-03-2009, 09:22 PM

What did he say that was detrimental to the team? They asked for his response and he gave it to them, it's that simple, how his response turned into to him being such a crybaby is confusing to me.......Cutler's only mistake was not saying "No comment".

The second Schefter went on NFLN and reported this, McDoogie/Xanahan/Somebody should have been on the phone with Cutler, if for no other reason that to prepare him for these questions.......but not only was there no phone call but they refused to return calls from the Cutler camp.

McDenials shit the bed on this one and now Broncos fans are acting as petulant as Cutler has been accused of being.......

getlynched47
03-03-2009, 09:33 PM

Yeah Cutler would be amazing working under McDaniels...can't they both just get along?!?!?!

I say enlist the help of Oprah or Dr. Phil........because this "I'm not talking to you" girly shit by Cutler needs to stop.

Simple Jaded
03-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Yeah Cutler would be amazing working under McDaniels...can't they both just get along?!?!?!

I say enlist the help of Oprah or Dr. Phil........because this "I'm not talking to you" girly shit by Cutler needs to stop.

They don't need Dr Phil, they need to go out and get fullblown-bat-shit-crazy drunk and then go hoggin for some "Slump-busters" together.......

getlynched47
03-03-2009, 09:51 PM
They don't need Dr Phil, they need to go out and get fullblown-bat-shit-crazy drunk and then go hoggin for a "Slump-buster" together.......

:laugh:.........although I dont know what that is.....is sounds fun :lol:

Simple Jaded
03-03-2009, 09:57 PM
:laugh:.........although I dont know what that is.....is sounds fun :lol:

You don't know what a slump-buster is?.......

getlynched47
03-03-2009, 10:03 PM
You don't know what a slump-buster is?.......

that's a negative.......what is it?

slim
03-03-2009, 10:11 PM
that's a negative.......what is it?

Something MO has passed over WAY to many times.

MOtorboat
03-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Something MO has passed over WAY to many times.

too.